PDA

View Full Version : Got 10 minutes for your country? If yes, then read; otherwise, choice is?

Nishantrathi82
May 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Why is the media here so negative?
Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognize our own strengths, our
achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so ma ny amazing success
stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?
We are the first in milk production.
We are number one in Remote sensing satellites.
We are the second largest producer of wheat.
We are the second largest producer of rice.
Look at Dr. Sudarshan , he has transferred the tribal village into a
self-sustaining, self-driving unit. There are millions of such achievements
but our media is only obsessed in the bad news and failures and disasters. I
was in Tel Aviv once and I was reading the Israeli newspaper. It was the
day
after a lot of attacks and bombardments and deaths had taken place. The
Hamas had struck. But the front page of the newspaper had the picture of a
Jewish gentleman who in five years had transformed his desert into an orchid
and a granary. It was this inspiring picture that everyone woke up to. The
gory details of killings, bombardments, deaths, were inside in the
newspaper, buried a m ong other news.

In India we only read about death, sickness, terrorism, crime. Why are we so
NEGATIVE? Another question: Why are we, as a nation so obsessed with foreign
things? We want foreign T. Vs, we want foreign shirts. We want foreign
technology.

Why this obsession with everything imported. Do we not realize that
self-respect comes with self-reliance? I was in Hyderabad giving this
lecture,
when a 14 year old girl asked me for my autograph. I asked her what her goal
in life is. She replied: I want to live in a developed India . For her,
you and I will have to build this developed India . You must proclaim. India
is not an under-developed nation; it is a highly developed nation. Do you
have 10 minutes? Allow me to come back with a vengeance.

Got 10 minutes for your country? If yes, then read; otherwise, choice is
yours.
YOU say that our government is inefficient.
YOU say that our laws are too old.
YOU say that the municipality does not pick up the garbage.
YOU say that the phones don't work, the railways are a joke,
The airline is the worst in the world, mails never reach their destination.
YOU say that our country has been fed to the dogs and is the absolute pits.

YOU say, say and say. What do YOU do about it?
Take a person on his way to Singapore . Give him a name - YOURS. Give him a
face - YOURS. YOU walk out of the airport and you are at your International
best. In Singapore you don't throw cigarette butts on the roads or eat in
the stores. YOU are as proud of their Underground links as they are. You pay
$5 (approx. Rs. 60) to drive through Orchard Road (equivalent of Mahim
Causeway or Pedder Road) between 5 PM and 8 PM. YOU come back to the parking
lot to punch your parking ticket if you have over stayed in a restaurant or
a shopping mall irrespective of your status identity... In Singapore yo u
don't say anything, DO YOU? YOU wouldn't dare to eat in public during
Ramadan, in Dubai . YOU would not dare to go out without your head covered
in Jeddah . YOU would not dare to buy an employee of the telephone exchange
in London at 10 pounds ( Rs.650) a month to, 'see to it that my STD and ISD
calls are billed to someone else.'YOU would not dare to speed beyond 55 mph
(88 km/h) in Washington and then tell the traffic cop,
'Jaanta hai main kaun hoon (Do you know who I am?). I am so and so's son.
Take your two bucks and get lost.' YOU wouldn't chuck an empty coconut shell
anywhere other than the garbage pail on the beaches in Australia and New
Zealand .
Why don't YOU spit Paan on the streets of Tokyo ? Why don't YOU use
examination jockeys or buy fake certificates in Boston ??? We are still
talking of the same YOU. YOU who can respect and conform to a foreign system
in other countries but cannot in your own. You who will t h row papers and
cigarettes on the road the moment you touch Indian ground. If you can be an
involved and appreciative citizen in an alien country, why cannot you be the
same here in India ?

Once in an interview, the famous Ex-municipal commissioner of Bombay , Mr.
Tinaikar , had a point to make. 'Rich people's dogs are walked on the
streets to leave their affluent droppings all over the place,' he said. 'And
then the same people turn around to criticize and blame the
authorities for inefficiency and dirty pavements. What do they expect the
officers to do? Go down with a broom every time their dog feels the pressure
in his bowels?
In America every dog owner has to clean up after his pet has done the job.
Same in Japan . Will the Indian citizen do that here?' He's right. We go to
the polls to choose a government and after that forfeit all responsibility.
We sit back wanting to be pampered and expect the government to do
e v erything for us whilst our contribution is totally negative. We expect the
government to clean up but we are not going to stop chucking garbage all
over the place nor are we going to stop to pick a up a stray piece of paper
and throw it in the bin. We expect the railways to provide clean bathrooms
but we are not going to learn the proper use of bathrooms.
We want Indian Airlines and Air India to provide the best of food and
toiletries but we are not going to stop pilfering at the least opportunity.
This applies even to the staff who is known not to pass on the service to
the public. When it comes to burning social issues like those related to
women, dowry, girl child! and others, we make loud drawing room
protestations and continue to do the reverse at home. Our excuse? 'It's the
whole system which has to change, how will it matter if I alone forego my
sons' rights to a dowry.' So who's going to change the system?
What does a sy s tem consist of ? Very conveniently for us it consists of our
neighbours, other households, other cities, other communities and the
government. But definitely not me and YOU. When it comes to us actually
making a positive contribution to the system we lock ourselves along with
our families into a safe cocoon and look into the distance at countries far
away and wait for a Mr.Clean to come along & work miracles for us with a
majestic sweep of his hand or we leave the country and run away.
Like lazy cowards hounded by our fears we run to America to bask in their
glory and praise their system. When New York becomes insecure we run to
England . When England experiences unemployment, we take the next flight out
to the Gulf. When the Gulf is war struck, we demand to be rescued and
brought home by the Indian government. Everybody is out to abuse and rape
the country. Nobody thinks of feeding the system. Our conscience is
mortgaged to money.

Dear Indians, The article is highly thought inductive, calls for a great
deal of introspection and pricks one's conscience too.... I am echoing J. F.
Kennedy 's words to his fellow Americans to relate to Indians.....

'ASK WHAT WE CAN DO FOR INDIA
AND DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE TO MAKE INDIA
WHAT AMERICA AND OTHER WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE TODAY'

Lets do what India needs from us.

By The Former President of India DR. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam 's Speech in Hyderabad .

ysjabp
May 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Dear Nishant
Good Post,
But u see nobody botthered to reply in this post,
WE ARE LIKE THIS ONLY ??

cooljat
May 26th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hummm, Well, Dr APJ Kalam is one Great Person whom I respect most!! :)

The day when we Indians get the 'Civil Sense' and 'Awareness' as Great Kalam explained in really a great way; our country will be far far ahead n devloped then any other devloped countries!

But I wonder when the day will arive, when ppl sense it....??

Its a wishful thinkin' .... I wish it comes true soon... Ameen!

Rock on
Jit

dkumars
May 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
gud one... read in a mail sometime back.

mukeshkumar007
May 26th, 2008, 02:45 PM
But I wonder when the day will arive, when ppl sense it....??

Rock on
Jit

ppl will sense it only when they will be forced to sense it..

agar yeh umeed hai ki unko khud hi aisa realize ho jayega to bhai wo din to kabi nayi ayega.. kabi nai..

Indians take pride in breaking rules and the current parliamentary democratic system has lots of flaws that let the offender go away easily. This system did nothing good apart from spreading corruption and making an uncivilized society(a society which is good for nothing)

Indians ko ek hi language samaj maie ati hai aur wo hai "Dhanda Language"... inko samaj maie tab hi ayegi jab dhande ka dar rehega..

cooljat
May 26th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Right said bro,

Sense to nahi aane wala for sure, so 'Latth Language' hi samaj mein aayegi inhe, our so called Democratic system is full of flaws n totally ruined, it needs seriously over-hauling, I think we should impose President Rule or Army Rule in our country, that'll certainly improve the situations !! :)

Rock on
Jit

agar yeh umeed hai ki unko khud hi aisa realize ho jayega to bhai wo din to kabi nayi ayega.. kabi nai..

Indians take pride in breaking rules and the current parliamentary democratic system has lots of flaws that let the offender go away easily. This system did nothing good apart from spreading corruption and making an uncivilized society(a society which is good for nothing)

Indians ko ek hi language samaj maie ati hai aur wo hai "Dhanda Language"... inko samaj maie tab hi ayegi jab dhande ka dar rehega..

dkumars
May 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Bhai ek baat bata... tu phanne khaa hogya ho ? ya bhai anteryaami hai ya bhai bhagwaan hai jo nue kehdi ghasad de si nai ke issa din naa aa sakta ...

woh itna badda aadmi(Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam) jisne dooniya poojan laagh rahi hai, woh aas(hope) laaye baithya hai tai bhai tu kyu aas nai tode hai ???

ye ghane se taunt aache naa hote bhai. Tu jo ibb nue laave ek sab tere barga sochan laag jya tai woh ho nahi sakta. Yo desh aaj bhi bahutera badhiya hai arr sahaj sahaj sab thiek ho jya ga.

Bhai iss ND desh mein paida ho rahe hai jyah tahi ye kubhaad aave hai na tai taaliban, iraq africa mein hove e tae ye issi issi baat dil mein uthai na eee.

Bhai mukesh jo mein harsh laagya ho tai maaf kariye par bhai teri post katti aachi na laagi ... paache bhi tanne kemme issi e pessimistic baat kahi thi.

dkumars
May 26th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Right said bro,

Sense to nahi aane wala for sure, so 'Latth Language' hi samaj mein aayegi inhe, our so called Democratic system is full of flaws n totally ruined, it needs seriously over-hauling, I think we should impose President Rule or Army Rule in our country, that'll certainly improve the situations !! :)

Rock on
Jit

bhai ek baat dhyaan raakhiye woh jo army rule hove hai naa woh naam bujh ke na chuttad laal karya karta ... kade issa naa ho usmein sabte pehle tera-mera e lamber laag jya ???:p;):rolleyes:

Nishantrathi82
May 26th, 2008, 03:34 PM
bhai ek baat dhyaan raakhiye woh jo army rule hove hai naa woh naam bujh ke na chuttad laal karya karta ... kade issa naa ho usmein sabte pehle tera-mera e lamber laag jya ???:p;):rolleyes:

A mere yaaro u people can create a debate on every topic i thought that this was the topic on which every one get agreed but see still pulling legs , that's not good yaar. But decision is all urs.
Aur 1 baat bhai 1+1+1......... 100.....10000 and so on hee banata hai ap apna ap ko sudharo kisse ko kya kehte ho , Atleast u should have anything to regret for!

dkumars
May 26th, 2008, 03:39 PM
A mere yaaro u people can create a debate on every topic i thought that this was the topic on which every one get agreed but see still pulling legs , that's not good yaar. But decision is all urs.
Aur 1 baat bhai 1+1+1......... 100.....10000 and so on hee banata hai ap apna ap ko sudharo kisse ko kya kehte ho , Atleast u should have anything to regret for!

Bhai ... mere pyaare dost ... aapko kaha ye laga ki yaha lag pulling ho rahi hai ... jo bhi baat kahi hai woh serious mood mein kahi hai aur mood ke according language bhi woh hi use kari hai.

Batao aapko kaha lagta hai ki serious nahi hai. Atlease iss itne lambe message ko padhne ka pain toh liya(replies-9, hits 67 till now), toh kya woh padhne mein majjak kar rahe hai. Kalam ji nai aisa majak kuch nahi likha hai. Aur agar aap baat ko dhyaan se samjhne ki koshish kare toh mein woh hi bol raha hoon jo woh bol rahe hai. Language ka dhokha hai sab.

Smiley isliye add kiye hai ki baat jyada harsh na lage. Intented Bhai ko apnepan ya light mood ki feeling rahe.

mukeshkumar007
May 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Bhai ek baat bata... tu phanne khaa hogya ho ? ya bhai anteryaami hai ya bhai bhagwaan hai jo nue kehdi ghasad de si nai ke issa din naa aa sakta ...

Bhai mukesh jo mein harsh laagya ho tai maaf kariye par bhai teri post katti aachi na laagi ... paache bhi tanne kemme issi e pessimistic baat kahi thi.

I too can write something like this… but that doesn’t make any sense except polluting the thread.

Moreover I read only the stuff which seems relevant to the topic and discussion. I prefer to avoid rest of the immaterial statements.

cooljat
May 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
My dear bro, If I found Guily, I shud be punished equally, am not above the Law!! ... Mein koi King thodi na hoon, Rules apply for all!!

dkumars
May 26th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I too can write something like this… but that doesn’t make any sense except polluting the thread.

Moreover I read only the stuff which seems relevant to the topic and discussion. I prefer to avoid rest of the immaterial statements.

No comments ... i expected u will try to understand the core of the post but unexpectedly it seems language was more important for you chotte bhai.
Chalo koi baat na sab thiek hai, chalega. Arr ghani tension na liya kare... desh tame ke saath saath sahi chaal rehya hai ... aazadi tai pehlya bhagat singh the yadai arr aaj bhi hai... nazariye ka farak hai sab.

Your elder jat brother,
Devender:)

dkumars
May 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
My dear bro, If I found Guily, I shud be punished equally, am not above the Law!! ... Mein koi King thodi na hoon, Rules apply for all!!

Bhai Jit mein ye kehna chahta hoon ki Army rule aa bhi jaaye toh jo aap expect kar rahe hai woh shayad nahi hoga. Aap uska ek positive side dekh rahe hai, nuksaan ko le kar nahi chale hai.

Aur bhai maine ek baat samjhi hai dande se kabhi kissi ko nahi sudhara jaa sakta. Aapko dande se changes dekhne ko mil sakte hai par temporarily. Dande se insaan darr sakta hai sudhar nahi sakta.:)

dabasamit
May 27th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Musharraf thought the same for Pakistan like Jit Ji...dont know where he landed...probably 20 years behind Present India...and Indian culture, habits, society and specially POLITICS is similar to Pak...not to be compared to west.

Right said bro,

Rock on
Jit

vivektaliyan
May 28th, 2008, 01:45 PM
After reading your post I am unable to make any comment on it..every single word is true and we can't change the world with out change our self. So my dear friends take an innitiative and feel the changes around you..don't accepet frm others untill you can't do the same.

cooljat
May 28th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Musharraf captured the Govt, Rule wasnt imposed intensionly thats why it failed; here Army Rule means the Army like forced discipline!! :)

Whenever u visit some Army cantt. in any city, u can see the visible change in discipline, I meant to say we need his sorta Discipline in civil to make this country better!

We need that sorta Army Rule, applied or imposed!

Rock on
Jit

Musharraf thought the same for Pakistan like Jit Ji...dont know where he landed...probably 20 years behind Present India...and Indian culture, habits, society and specially POLITICS is similar to Pak...not to be compared to west.

Nishantrathi82
May 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Musharraf captured the Govt, Rule wasnt imposed intensionly thats why it failed; here Army Rule means the Army like forced discipline!! :)

Whenever u visit some Army cantt. in any city, u can see the visible change in discipline, I meant to say we need his sorta Discipline in civil to make this country better!

We need that sorta Army Rule, applied or imposed!

Rock on
Jit

Jit Brother still not agree with you Army rule is not a solution.
I am not sure what would be correct measure for this, but may be 100% literacy, more than 90% voting in elections for getting good government and control on population and most importantly for all those we have to change or improve ourself, before doing anything we have think how its going to help my nation.