PDA

View Full Version : Role of media

ahlwit
June 2nd, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hello all jatlanders,
I wish to draw your attention towards the role played by the media in today’s world.
In a recent incident the news channel showed that the people were fighting on the street , but as a responsible citizens no one took any step to stop the fight instead they were busy recording.
In another incident, one boy met with an accident in noida in a road accident, neither the police nor any one else took him to the hospital, even the media was present there and were busy shooting and critisizing the police but the boy was lying on the road waiting to be evacuated to the hospital.
Ultimately the brother of the boy was sent message and he came and took the boy to the hospital.
Again in another incident, the media was again busy covering the issue where a young couple was being bashed by the girls father but the media has not tried to intervene and stop the fight.
If u all remember, there was an incident, where a boy called Prince had fallen into the well, the whole media was behind the boy and there was no news other than prince on all the news channel. The news channels had shown the news continuously for two days. And after that every body has forgotten about him. After that there have been many cases where the children have fallen into a well, but our news channels have not shown any interest.
Another incident where the media highlighted where the son of politician Pramod Mahajan, was found under the effects of drugs and the PA of Pramod Mahajan was found dead. The media highlighted the case for two days and after that there has been no update on the subject till date.
In another recent incident of Aayushi murder case in noida, the role of media is also under question.

My contention, while writing all this is, that where the media is heading towards?
Are we so busy that the media thinks that we will forget every thing next day or is the media playing the role of a broker?

I am sorry if I have hurt any one; my intention is not to hurt any one but I am just putting up my views.

please give your advice and views

devdahiya
June 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Media Is A Merky Business With No Accountability And No Direction.aim Is To Use This Constitutional Tool[most Of The Time] For Bashing And Minting Money.in Fact This Happens To Be The Second Best Lucrative Business After Politics.there Are No Ethos And No Dignity.....hamaam Mein Sab Nangge!

choudharyneelam
June 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Rahul ur concerns are very obvious but media's main role is to make us aware about the present conditions.....and u forgot to put a question on the role of other members like public, corrupt govt. officials.

untill n unless a matter is solved completely this media tries to highlight all the progress made about the concerned matter.....i feel media is doing its best to render the services....i.e. to communicate the current affairs and msgs to the people....if u'll find the newspaper with same old news that too with full solution everyday, u'll ask ur newspaper distributer to stop its supply at ur door...so that's public demand to get current news.

choudharyneelam
June 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
Media Is A Merky Business With No Accountability And No Direction.aim Is To Use This Constitutional Tool[most Of The Time] For Bashing And Minting Money.in Fact This Happens To Be The Second Best Lucrative Business After Politics.there Are No Ethos And No Dignity.....hamaam Mein Sab Nangge!

Sir, i agree with ur views but tell me a single person on earth who does not perform his/her job for exchange of money....nobody can live without food....so money is the first priority of every individual....ab ye aur baat hai ki log badi badi baat karein ki wo paise ko kam priority dete hain apni life mein....but practically, right from the birth everybody requires money to make the living...so i don't think that media can be blamed like that....rest individual differences are there.

regards
neelam

ahlwit
June 2nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Sir, i agree with ur views but tell me a single person on earth who does not perform his/her job for exchange of money....nobody can live without food....so money is the first priority of every individual....ab ye aur baat hai ki log badi badi baat karein ki wo paise ko kam priority dete hain apni life mein....but practically, right from the birth everybody requires money to make the living...so i don't think that media can be blamed like that....rest individual differences are there.

regards
neelam

neelam ji , what u said ay be write but do u thoink that what ever media is doing is it write or wrong.
every body has got ethics in their buisness
has media got any ethics or they just want to encash whatever happens without doing any thing

devdahiya
June 2nd, 2008, 09:44 PM

regards
neelam

Neelam i agree with you to a great extent that no body works without money as it is important to buy essentials and comforts in life but point i made was in different context.There are some important echelons in every house hold,community and nation...and their responsibilities and tastes can not be equated with mortals.They ought to be more resolute,trustworthy,dutyful and honest in their approach because they represent humanity and not individuals.I am very sure that our media,specially the electronic media has a long way to go in understanding their duties and role in a thoroughly hoodwinked atmosphere where public voice is crushed ever where,exploitation is complete and corruption rampent.they cover a story of TALWARs for 15 days all 24into 7 as if that is the only problem this country is facing.What thus i meant was that they ought to use their constitutional power in more judicious and mature way rather than focussing on money minting cheap issues.I am not denying the importance of media at all dear as they have exposed many a goons in different times.Bless!

choudharyneelam
June 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
resolute,trustworthy,dutyful,honest,humanity

:) Sir u always have valuable thoughts....but the above words u mentioned had totally lost their meaning in this changed scenario....there is no place left where politics doesn't play its role....and wherever this politics enter that place becomes worthless....but still i feel that media has done many good jobs....till now i always read in newspaper only about the appreciations of people about the role played by media because the victims can better explain that as they had faced everything and everytime media stepped forward to help them in every possible manner....but i agree that few of the things can be said nonsense on their part.

choudharyneelam
June 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
neelam ji , what u said ay be write but do u thoink that what ever media is doing is it write or wrong.
every body has got ethics in their buisness
has media got any ethics or they just want to encash whatever happens without doing any thing

see media's main role is to transmit every new happening to the public and that's what they are doing....now talking about ethics, i feel they have much more high stds as compared to our political parties.....sara ethics ek hi side se expect nahin kiya ja sakta....others involvement is also required there....just think about the major tasks done by them.....thore bahaut kaamon ko dekh ke kaise kah sakte hain ki they don't abide by the acceptable principles and eithcs......baccha bhi jab selfish banta hai to majboor hoke banta hai b'coz he did not find any other way to get the thing he love and then he forgets all the good manners and habits taught by his parents.....Ethics.....har education se relate kiya jaa raha hai aaj ke time mein and everybody scoring good marks and getting complete knowledge about it but in real sense nobody is following it completely....jab tak logon ki soch nahin badlegi sirf apne aap ko chhod kar har cheez mein kami dikhegi.....this is all i can say :)

Regards to all
Neelam

mukeshkumar007
June 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
True! media is not doing justice with his job.. But no complain, because everything which happened in a democracy is the reflection of the society.. the kind of ppl we are the kind of system we will have.. Nothing will change until the public itself change.

sanjeetsparp
June 19th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Here are some interesting news called Breaking news what our channels are giving us

sanjeetsparp
June 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Here are some more

sanjeetsparp
June 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Here is one more in this series

I think after that ... No need to discuss about the role of media ......

vivektaliyan
June 19th, 2008, 12:08 PM
U r right Bhai.......No need to discuss any more..

krishn
June 19th, 2008, 08:06 PM
RAHUL you should not forget that "like everyother invention of man, Media has also its uses and misuses.I agree it can not be imagined that media has always & invariably been the good angel.But its positive aspect cannot be neglected.It has brought people together & fostered a feeling of global village.It has proved to be of great potential in information transfer, motivation, agenda setting etc.

And for the rest of its negative side we people need to take action."After all this Media is by the people and for the people".
Be positive!:)

harvindermalik
June 20th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Producers of Bollywood Kammai k liye Films banate hai ...to unke upper Censor board hai Ankush k liye… but Media..in the Name of free press…abusing the Azzadi of Press… Total abuse… no ethics…. no moral..no responsibilities… sammaz se jin Buraaiyo ko duur karne ka medium ho sakta hai electronic news Media ..unhe badhaane ka hi kaam kr rha hai… fev. topics of our so called media… BLATKAAR…SANSANIIIIII… Gory Crime with their NATYA RUPANTAR…AGHORI BABAs….SAI BABA…ANDHVISHVAS ko Aur Badhana………..Trap for IJJATDAAR ppl… agar koi Fans gya..to uski Ijjat ka Postmortem… MMS of Teenagers…( remember..MMS news of Delhi School Kids..media was shouting…. Internet se download ho rhi hai…but in real there was only 7 downloads happened…and TV Media ne uska bahana lekar…un balko ki murkhta ko 100 Crore logo ko 20 din tak roz dikhaya)…and same in ARUSHI Murder case…a Teenage Angle and sex ….Rakhe Swant Jaisi AAj ki Shurpankhaaaeye..Indian Idol hai inke liye…….sab kya desh ki hit k liye hai………….sirf and sirf TRP k liye…….Paisa..MUUUUNAFAAA… sab isi k liye hai..to fir Censor se kyu parda… Aur.agar ye Mandi hi…jahan maal becha jata hai..kammai ki jati hai… to fir Freedom of Press kyu????
Ajeeb comedt hai…jo paisa dekar dekhna chahta hai (films) wo censored hai…jo ghar me free me parosa ja rha hai wo Press ki aazaadi hai…. Azaadi ka aisa mazaak to Hamaare Neta 50 saal me bhi nhi uda paaye inhe to abhi 10 hi saal hue hai….dikha di apani asliyat……
Ppl who work in these so called news channels..do all kind of wrong things what Politician or others do….They Fix ppl…Brib lena..free ki govt facilities lena…sab…. they are casting couch too…I personally heard so many real stories from girls of media ( and remember Scene of Page3 film.. where Madhur portrait a editor who asked a new comer reporter “DEGI KYA”)…press meet me agar inake pasand ki daaru na serve ho to bhi reporting ulati kar dete sai….
In India Best and authentic News Channel is DD News…and thoda thoda NDTV English…. Baki Sab MADAAARI Channel hai…Grahak ka dyaan khinchane k liye Apni apni DUGDUGi bja rhe hai….

So Press ki Aazaadi to honi chahiye pr Khabro ka Bussiness nhi… iske liye ek independent body honi chahiye jiski funding BBC model par ho…. BBC run by interest money of fix deposit of a TRUST ….so they don’t have to think about TRP’s ..and you can see the difference….

( Dil se likh ahai esliye Bhasha ..Mixed hai…)

dkumars
June 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Producers of Bollywood Kammai k liye Films banate hai ...to unke upper Censor board hai Ankush k liye… but Media..in the Name of free press…abusing the Azzadi of Press… Total abuse… no ethics…. no moral..no responsibilities… sammaz se jin Buraaiyo ko duur karne ka medium ho sakta hai electronic news Media ..unhe badhaane ka hi kaam kr rha hai… fev. topics of our so called media… BLATKAAR…SANSANIIIIII… Gory Crime with their NATYA RUPANTAR…AGHORI BABAs….SAI BABA…ANDHVISHVAS ko Aur Badhana………..Trap for IJJATDAAR ppl… agar koi Fans gya..to uski Ijjat ka Postmortem… MMS of Teenagers…( remember..MMS news of Delhi School Kids..media was shouting…. Internet se download ho rhi hai…but in real there was only 7 downloads happened…and TV Media ne uska bahana lekar…un balko ki murkhta ko 100 Crore logo ko 20 din tak roz dikhaya)…and same in ARUSHI Murder case…a Teenage Angle and sex ….Rakhe Swant Jaisi AAj ki Shurpankhaaaeye..Indian Idol hai inke liye…….sab kya desh ki hit k liye hai………….sirf and sirf TRP k liye…….Paisa..MUUUUNAFAAA… sab isi k liye hai..to fir Censor se kyu parda… Aur.agar ye Mandi hi…jahan maal becha jata hai..kammai ki jati hai… to fir Freedom of Press kyu????
Ajeeb comedt hai…jo paisa dekar dekhna chahta hai (films) wo censored hai…jo ghar me free me parosa ja rha hai wo Press ki aazaadi hai…. Azaadi ka aisa mazaak to Hamaare Neta 50 saal me bhi nhi uda paaye inhe to abhi 10 hi saal hue hai….dikha di apani asliyat……
Ppl who work in these so called news channels..do all kind of wrong things what Politician or others do….They Fix ppl…Brib lena..free ki govt facilities lena…sab…. they are casting couch too…I personally heard so many real stories from girls of media ( and remember Scene of Page3 film.. where Madhur portrait a editor who asked a new comer reporter “DEGI KYA”)…press meet me agar inake pasand ki daaru na serve ho to bhi reporting ulati kar dete sai….
In India Best and authentic News Channel is DD News…and thoda thoda NDTV English…. Baki Sab MADAAARI Channel hai…Grahak ka dyaan khinchane k liye Apni apni DUGDUGi bja rhe hai….

So Press ki Aazaadi to honi chahiye pr Khabro ka Bussiness nhi… iske liye ek independent body honi chahiye jiski funding BBC model par ho…. BBC run by interest money of fix deposit of a TRUST ….so they don’t have to think about TRP’s ..and you can see the difference….

Bahut badhiya shabdo mein(dil waali mix language) sachhai likhi hai bhai Harvinder ji. Patta nahi media ka kya hoga ... Sanjeet ne bhi upar kuch fottu daale hai ... dekhne aur samjhne laayak hai.

brahmtewatia
June 20th, 2008, 09:09 PM
bhaisaheb, saaf dikhtaa hai ki bilkul dil se likha gaya hai...sara gubaar prasfuttith ho raha hai...bahut badhiya likha.

VivekGathwala
July 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM
bhai media aaj ke din chatpatii khabrooo ke liye hai naa ki haqkiqat dikanee ke liye aur media ko hi kyu dosh de rahee hoo agar humnee bera se yoo koi kam ki khabar konya fer bhi usnee kyu laya karooo

aisee ade apne vichar likhnee te bhai rahul kuch na hona hum JL par 10 k se jyadaa member see ade tu 100 te khatee kar ke dikhaa de bhai ekta jab tak nahi see hum kisi chej nee bhi nahi badal saktee

regards

vivek

tpannu
July 17th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Hi All!
Every one here is right in his/her own way. Wonder if this discussion has or will make any dent in the working of the media. Every field has plus/minus points; it is for us to analyse and make the best use. Let us start the journey from "self" by being honest. Am "I" always doing things the way they should be - starting from homefront?? I should be a happy person if I can answer it in the positive.

Pannu

JyotiSandhu
July 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM
[quote=harvindermalik;173099]Producers of Bollywood Kammai k liye Films banate hai ...to unke upper Censor board hai Ankush k liye… but Media..in the Name of free press…abusing the Azzadi of Press… Total abuse… no ethics…. no moral..no responsibilities… sammaz se jin Buraaiyo ko duur karne ka medium ho sakta hai electronic news Media ..unhe badhaane ka hi kaam kr rha hai… fev. topics of our so called media… BLATKAAR…SANSANIIIIII… Gory Crime with their NATYA RUPANTAR…AGHORI BABAs….SAI BABA…ANDHVISHVAS ko Aur Badhana………..Trap for IJJATDAAR ppl… agar koi Fans gya..to uski Ijjat ka Postmortem… MMS of Teenagers…( remember..MMS news of Delhi School Kids..media was shouting…. Internet se download ho rhi hai…but in real there was only 7 downloads happened…and TV Media ne uska bahana lekar…un balko ki murkhta ko 100 Crore logo ko 20 din tak roz dikhaya)…and same in ARUSHI Murder case…a Teenage Angle and sex ….Rakhe Swant Jaisi AAj ki Shurpankhaaaeye..Indian Idol hai inke liye…….sab kya desh ki hit k liye hai………….sirf and sirf TRP k liye…….Paisa..MUUUUNAFAAA… sab isi k liye hai..to fir Censor se kyu parda… Aur.agar ye Mandi hi…jahan maal becha jata hai..kammai ki jati hai… to fir Freedom of Press kyu????

( Dil se likh ahai esliye Bhasha ..Mixed hai…)[/qu
yes,watevr u hav written is rite,d purpose of media is juss 2 add spice n mint money ,nothing else

Regards
Jyoti Sandhu

bhavnasingh20
July 31st, 2008, 10:29 AM
i think everythin has its pros and cons.....

n same is the case with media...yes this is true that ppl r more interested in gathering the news rather than helping the victim. even normal citizens are interested in clickin snaps when some mishap is taking place jus so later they can send it to some news channel and make some amount of money.

but on the other hand we cannot discredit the fact that the accussed in Jessica Lal murder case and Priyadarshini Matoo case were convicted largely because of the way media highlighted these cases and ordinary citizens also joined the fight.
media is acting this way because we as citizens are demanding of such acts.
so nobody can be blamed completely and we wud just hav to live with both the sides of the coins

ravisheoran
August 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Dear all
though i have been the member of our this site for last two years but today for the first time i am writing on this jat's public platform.
and it is realy great to see that the website has became very good forum for the discussion and people are contributing their ideas on different social and burning issues which realy need to address.

congrats to all of us......

On the role of Media before you guys reach any discussion i would like to draw your kind attention towards some of the contributions of the media in recent past which are not only the

if we look at the latest case of Jessica lal,Nitish Katara and Priyadarshani Mattoo,we can analyse the role of media in a positive sense.
Before this if we go two decades back we would found the case of Bofors deal Scandal ,the case was not expose by and investigative agency but it was the role of a jouranlist of "The Indian Express " who brought this case to limelight.What has happend with Natwar Singh......
can we ignore how the cash for query scam was exposed by the media.and the latest is the case of ASARAM Bapu ashram's case
these are some of the latest examples and many more are there we should look into before reaching any conclusion.
But yes media has also shortcomings which are bound to be there because as the media people are also one among us our brother and sisters.and whatever the changes in the ethical and mral values of society is there we can see the reflection of same on the different sectors be it media be it politics be it corporate life be it army.