PDA

View Full Version : Men prefer being solo......

ahlwit
June 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
In a recent study done in US it has been revealed that the MEN prefer being solo over a bad marriage.
During a survey conducted on 1500 men in US it was concluded that the men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person then of never getting married at all.
Men are not afraid of marriage but they are afraid of a bad marriage.

During the on line survey it was revealed that 8% of the bachelors never want to marry, 62% want to marry but out of which half won’t settle for anything less then perfection and about 30% are on the fence.

72% of the respondents said that they were not afraid of marriage; about half of them said that the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

In India , the number of divorces between young couples is also shooting up. This is happening either for career, self esteem or in the search of an independent identity (perhaps, as no data is available)

Such things/ incidents in the society are leaving a bad impression on the minds of both males and females making both the categories apprehensive about marriage.

The point behind putting this topic here is to understand the mind of today’s youth that … Are the men and women of India are really scared about marriage ? Both men and women prefer to stay single ?

Lets share our views on the subject……………….

bislas
June 3rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Rahul, I read somewhere"Certainly it is wise to seek the advice of experts. But stay away from anyone who promises to do your thinking for you"
Ek karan ye bhi ho sakta hai....

In a recent study done in US it has been revealed that the MEN prefer being solo over a bad marriage.
During a survey conducted on 1500 men in US it was concluded that the men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person then of never getting married at all.
Men are not afraid of marriage but they are afraid of a bad marriage.

During the on line survey it was revealed that 8% of the bachelors never want to marry, 62% want to marry but out of which half won’t settle for anything less then perfection and about 30% are on the fence.

72% of the respondents said that they were not afraid of marriage; about half of them said that the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

In India , the number of divorces between young couples is also shooting up. This is happening either for career, self esteem or in the search of an independent identity (perhaps, as no data is available)

Such things/ incidents in the society are leaving a bad impression on the minds of both males and females making both the categories apprehensive about marriage.

The point behind putting this topic here is to understand the mind of today’s youth that … Are the men and women of India are really scared about marriage ? Both men and women prefer to stay single ?

dkumars
June 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Count me in, in the list of those americans who chose to being solo than a bad marriage :)

brahmtewatia
June 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM

dear bro, at the outset, i wud say tht there is no comparison btwn indian nd american cultures...u hv mixed two different extremes to one subject, hwever the subject definitely calls for a constructive discussion.

i dont know wats the opinion of others, but i feel tht one of the major reason is the awakening of females in india. despite of the fact tht we still hear the headlines abt atrocities on females, female infanticide, sati, sexual harassment, PM'ing :p:D and many more...the fact hwever remains tht there has bn a marked improvement in the awareness among the females...having said so, i must confess tht i'm talking abt urban females, nd here only u'll c the rise in the cases of divorce.

many ppl can blame it on breakdown of families, the loss of family values and the influence of the west. but to me, the rising rate of divorces is a trend to celebrate. it is the single best statistical indicator we have of the empowerment of women. rising divorce rates tell us one thing for sure...that more and more women are finding the ways, the means, and the independence, to walk out of bad marriages and live life on their own terms. if we judge ourselves as a society on the state of our women (and surely that must be a parameter) then this is good news. we do not need to credit either feminism or western culture for this.

in my personal opinion, wch will be argued by many over here...i personally feel tht a love cum arrange marriage (i dont mind if tht calls for inter-caste marriage) is the best option...there can be lots of social taboos nd stigma attached to this thinking, but then u must remember tht - u only live once...in this perspective i like the western culture where u r going steady with yr (wud be) life partner, nd once you are through knowing each other...u call for a date for marriage.

i do understand tht above thinking cannot b applied in indian culture where family upbringing, social nd moral values play a big role...but i feel tht this wud b the best solution, if u can go into the future. now agn the big Q comes ...r we heading towards WEST...yes, i wud say that this perspective does indicate a western thinking, but when applied in our society it can give u amazing, unexpected results...a perfect blend of western thought in indian society/culture.

remember...if u follow einstein's theory of relativity... e=mc2 ... nd if u can overcome the speed of light, u r going back in time !!!

...i never said tht i am going by einstein's theory of relativity...just thoughts :p:D

cooljat
June 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
I always advocate 'Single & Happy' approach and wud prefer Beer over Woman any given day !! :cool::);)

Rock on!..

brahmtewatia
June 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
I always advocate 'Single & Happy' approach and wud prefer Beer over Woman any given day !! :cool::);)

Rock on!..

पर भाई...अगर ऐसा किया तो दुनिया वाले जीन ना देंगे...hope u understand wat i mean to say. :tamatar:rock:rock

dkumars
June 3rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
I always advocate 'Single & Happy' approach and wud prefer Beer over Woman any given day !! :);)

Rock on!..

bete ibb tu naa keh issa ... teri asliyat saamne aan waali hai ibb ... bahut naatak karliya tanne yo beer ka ... bass jaldi hi tera saara parda faash karna hai :D:p;)
Tere jissa bhi chupa rustam nahi dekhya kade... mein samjhu tha kuch aur arr tu likada kuch aur .... hmmm;):p:D:rock

cooljat
June 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Hummm... DK Tolde Datt Jaa, kyun Jatland pe Rumor fela rha hai chhore! :mad: aade Rumor ka Humor hone mein time koi na lagta!! :D

Kunse parde ki baat kare hai kumanas aade to aapni life hi Khuli Kitab ss! :)

Huhhh, I need KF ! :cool:

tere fer se Latth dena padega! ;)

Rock on
Jit

bete ibb tu naa keh issa ... teri asliyat saamne aan waali hai ibb ... bahut naatak karliya tanne yo beer ka ... bass jaldi hi tera saara parda faash karna hai
Tere jissa bhi chupa rustam nahi dekhya kade... mein samjhu tha kuch aur arr tu likada kuch aur .... hmmm;):p:D:rock

mukeshkumar007
June 3rd, 2008, 04:47 PM

Rock on!..

tu rehn de ib.:D. jib 40-50 saal ka holega na aur atanni geran lagjyaga na tab bera patega tane.. :D:D

isliye bhot holi yeh beer seer ib... aur kisi ek ne to haan keh de ib :D:D

mukeshkumar007
June 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM

[B]Huhhh,! :cool:
Jit

Huuhhhhh :cool::cool:

ahlwit
June 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM

Rock on!..

jit bhai i totally agree with u ,
beer is any day better

dkumars
June 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Hummm... DK Tolde Datt Jaa, kyun Jatland pe Rumor fela rha hai chhore! :mad: aade Rumor ka Humor hone mein time koi na lagta!! :D

Huhhh, I need KF ! :cool:

tere fer se Latth dena padega! ;)

Rock on
Jit

Datt ja sabut ke saath karunga parda faash tera ... sab record kar raakhya hai manne tera .. bohat holi beer beer ... KF KF .. datt jaa bete naa teri matta si dhokk di tai bataiye :D:rock

mukeshkumar007
June 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
Datt ja sabut ke saath karunga parda faash tera ... sab record kar raakhya hai manne tera .. bohat holi beer beer ... KF KF .. datt jaa bete naa teri matta si dhokk di tai bataiye :D:rock

Kimi na huwe DK tere se bi :D bera hai manee sara faltu ki dhamki de reha hai tu.. :D kuch hi na kare tu bi.. :thappad ek bi baat nai batane wala tu :D

brahmtewatia
June 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
jit bhai i totally agree with u ,
beer is any day better

bhai rahul...aapke thread ka kya yahi theme tha ? :confused::rolleyes:
this is a classic example of how a thread loses its theme...:p:D:thappad
guys, pls concentrate on the subject. :rolleyes:

mukeshkumar007
June 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM

:) :) sorry.. sach batawo to maine to ib tak pada bi nai ki yeh thread hai kye.. :D actually isi philosophical bate puri ki puri hi sar ke upar se chali ja hai :(

maie to aise hi scroll down kar reha tha ki jit ka comment pad kar ruka nai gaya reply karne se.. :D:D

BTW really sorry thread ko disha bharmit karne ke liye:-)

ahlwit
June 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
bhai rahul...aapke thread ka kya yahi theme tha ? :confused::rolleyes:
this is a classic example of how a thread loses its theme...:p:D:thappad

tewatia ji, i just wanted to know the views of jatland members on the issue

dkumars
June 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Kimi na huwe DK tere se bi :D bera hai manee sara faltu ki dhamki de reha hai tu.. :D kuch hi na kare tu bi.. :thappad ek bi baat nai batane wala tu :D

bhai Mukesh saboot mil gaye hai ... aur ikathe kar raha hoon ... fer ek dum maarunga .. jukar yo few beer ka naam len joga na reh

gaganjat
June 4th, 2008, 12:11 AM

Rock on!..

Jitte !whats wrong with u. Beer and woman ('women') go together !:p

Do we need to teach u ? :tamatar"NO" I am sure.

gaganjat
June 4th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I request our SENIOR memebers to throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance:o

ahlwit
June 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
bhai Mukesh saboot mil gaye hai ... aur ikathe kar raha hoon ... fer ek dum maarunga .. jukar yo few beer ka naam len joga na reh
bhai devender,
i think we were not discussing about beer,
i will be thankful if we do not deviate from the topic

ahlwit
June 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM
dear bro, at the outset, i wud say tht there is no comparison btwn indian nd american cultures...u hv mixed two different extremes to one subject, hwever the subject definitely calls for a constructive discussion.

i do understand tht above thinking cannot b applied in indian culture where family upbringing, social nd moral values play a big role...but i feel tht this wud b the best solution, if u can go into the future. now agn the big Q comes ...r we heading towards WEST...yes, i wud say that this perspective does indicate a western thinking, but when applied in our society it can give u amazing, unexpected results...a perfect blend of western thought in indian society/culture.

remember...if u follow einstein's theory of relativity... e=mc2 ... nd if u can overcome the speed of light, u r going back in time !!!

...i never said tht i am going by einstein's theory of relativity...just thoughts :p:D

Tewatia ji,
i do agree with the points brought out by u upto an extent. But dont u think the increasing numer of divorces is a reason which forces young men and women to stay single.
The people after divorce are staying single happily with all the comforts and they dont see any requirement of marriage, which in turn is giving an impression to others that marriage is not a requirement of life.
Secondly, u advocated about the western culture of going steady with sumone,and then get married. the concept of living in relation ship is already exisying in India, but will it be fruitful in a long run ?

The issue is that do most of the people want to stay single or not ??

sidchhikara
June 4th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Tewatia ji,
i do agree with the points brought out by u upto an extent. But dont u think the increasing numer of divorces is a reason which forces young men and women to stay single.
The people after divorce are staying single happily with all the comforts and they dont see any requirement marriage, which in turn is giving an impression to others that marriage is not a requirement of life.
Secondly, u advocated about the western culture of going steady with sumone,and then get married. the concept of living in relation ship is already exisying in India, but will it be fruitful in a long run ?

The issue is that do most of the people want to stay single or not ??

It will be fruitful if the couple is gay.

ahlwit
June 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Bhai Sid,
abhi woh haalat na aayi India mein:):rock:)

yudhvirmor
June 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM

Chikkara sahab Ap ke comments toh mast hote hain..:):) Ap bhi Iss topic Par kuch Parkas dalo :D:D

sidchhikara
June 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Chikkara sahab Ap ke comments toh mast hote hain..:):) Ap bhi Iss topic Par kuch Parkas dalo :D:D

Bhai Yudhvir,

Sare aadmi solo reh jaange je saari lugai Union Minister of State for Women and Child Development Renuka Chaudhary jisi ho jaangi.

Inka video dekho ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in_4QhWQaq4&feature=related

Men te ghani nafrat kare se yah. Renuka ka husband roj pitte se..... gadha gadh !! Sehat dekh ke lage se, husband ke naam ki roti bhi kha jaa se.

Men bhi kam konya ..... men ki mummy aur bhi aage ..... unne bhi bakwaad kare bina ji saa na aata ....... chhoriyan ka bura haal kar de se.

yudhvirmor
June 4th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Bhai Yudhvir,

Sare aadmi solo reh jaange je saari lugai Union Minister of State for Women and Child Development Renuka Chaudhary jisi ho jaangi.

en bhi kam konya ..... men ki mummy aur bhi aage ..... unne bhi bakwaad kare bina ji saa na aata ....... chhoriyan ka bura haal kar de se.

Bhaishab List toh bahut Lambi hai:

Mayawati,
Renuka Chaudhary
Jay Lalitaaaa
Ek wah Trinmool Congress Ali
EK wah CPM wali Mrs Karat

Problem of the society is that couples don't want to understand each other and negotiate with each other more efficently.

Daftar main pura din Boss ke gulami kar lenge, Par gharan atte hee kati Prime Minister ban jate hain...

Successfull marrige is painful affair, Earlier we start enjoying this pain, better it will be for family.

I dont belive in equality as universal law prefers randomness. When it comes to living with spouse, we forget that we are compromising our intergirty and principles many times when we earn our livehood.

dkumars
June 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
bhai devender,
i think we were not discussing about beer,
i will be thankful if we do not deviate from the topic

sure bhai:)

brahmtewatia
June 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM

Tewatia ji,
on this point sid has indicated another unforeseen problem of gay-ism/lesbian-ism...this wud lead to another big problem (if at all it happens ???)
...wonder how much tht will b accepted in indian society...tht will call more more dis(honor) killings...well i wont use the word honor here (oops sry honor was n'vr there)
जब honor killings ही बर्दाश्त नहीं होती, तो dis(honor) killings कैसे बर्दाश्त होंगी. :confused::tamatar
...then sumone will post another thread: how gud/or bad is gay-ism or lesbian-ism.
The people after divorce are staying single happily with all the comforts and they dont see any requirement of marriage, which in turn is giving an impression to others that marriage is not a requirement of life.
personal opinions...भाई पहलां इस लाडू नै चाख ता ले.े ...just kiddin' :p
well if tht culture is existing in india :confused: then its not matured enuff nd in my personal opinion cud be attributed more towards individual lust/illicit relationship, rather then a prospective thought of marriage at a later stage...btw, i've answered this in my previous post...tht if u can go into the future !!! here it is...read agn...

(...but i feel tht this wud b the best solution, if u can go into the future.. now agn the big Q comes ...r we heading towards WEST...yes, i wud say that this perspective does indicate a western thinking, but when applied in our society it can give u amazing, unexpected results...a perfect blend of western thought in indian society/culture.)

agn i wud say, tht u hv jumbled quite a few Q's together, nd my earlier post touched one particular aspect of the issue with a possible solution, but agn my final words wch perhaps u overlooked sums up the entire issue...:p:D

ahlwit
June 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM
agn i wud say, tht u hv jumbled quite a few Q's together, nd my earlier post touched one particular aspect of the issue with a possible solution, but agn my final words wch perhaps u overlooked sums up the entire issue...:p:D

Tewatia ji,
my contention was that are the indian men also ready to live solo or not.
im not advocating the western culture
i said that the people are living happily being single with or without divorce.
what effect will it have on the minds of the people
is it going to increase the number of people who want to be single or not
what is the opinion of others ?

dkumars
June 4th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Tewatia ji,
my contention was that are the indian men also ready to live solo or not.
im not advocating the western culture
i said that the people are living happily being single with or without divorce.
what effect will it have on the minds of the people
is it going to increase the number of people who want to be single or not
what is the opinion of others ?

i gave my ans ..... waiting fro others ... btw what abt u bro ?

ahlwit
June 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
i gave my ans ..... waiting fro others ... btw what abt u bro ?
bhai devender,
no one will opt for a bad marriage but untill and unless.......
however, people prefer to stay single or not, is the subject
u gave ur answer but let us hear from others also:D

prashantacmet
June 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
bhai devender,
no one will opt for a bad marriage but untill and unless.......
however, people prefer to stay single or not, is the subject
u gave ur answer but let us hear from others also:D

It 's not all abt marriage itself...no-one would like to spoil his/her life by any means. Ppl hope for the best and go ahead in life , it's time which reveals everything....................
par nu kaha karee...doodh ka jala hua chhaa main bhi phoonk marrya kareee.............:)

cooljat
June 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Gunny Bhai, Dont get me wrong, I agree with ya but its rare sight !! ;)

Like this quote:

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Welhelm

Rock on
Jit

gaganjat
June 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Gunny Bhai, Dont get me wrong, I agree with ya but its rare sight !! ;)

Like this quote:

-Kaiser Welhelm

Rock on
Jit

Tu India ke liye bana hi nahi :(
Tu jadi tai apna vija-vuja karale ar hade aaja

Hade bhateri choriyan sai 'who love beer' ar unke boyfrienda nai ib tahi tai world conquer kar nahi liya :boxing
bera nai kis boli-booch ki quote sai (sai tai angreji mai Uk/US ka pawega, par usnai issi chori ude bhi nhi payi tai ghana badda 'loojer' ae tha)

Par chorre tanne jaror pawaige ar ik bhi nhi kai pawegi. ib tai bas tu boyiya-bistra bhand le.

Baki Jat nai issi chori paa ja tai , kimme na kimme acchi cheez tai conquer kar ae lega 'world' beshak na karre

vivekgathwala
June 6th, 2008, 04:26 AM
jiteeee bhai ke khani se ye donuuu kyu itna hangaa la re see bata de aapee ke dhang seee na teh yeh batave ge

brahmtewatia
June 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Like this quote:

-Kaiser Welhelm

Rock on
Jit

u'll find it here...everything...best opportunity for u to conquer the world...:p

From a small beer company established amid the rapidly growing goldfields of Johannesburg in 1895, South African Breweries (SAB) has grown to become the world’s largest brewer by volume, operating in more than 60 countries on five continents.

The company’s very first product was Castle Lager, which is still going strong today, 113 years later.

Birth of an international brewing giant

In 2002 SAB merged with North American brewer Miller Brewing in 2002 to become SABMiller. The new company initially struggled to grow its market share, facing stiff competition from its archrival Anheuser-Busch, maker of Budweiser. In 2005 Anheuser-Busch imposed aggressive price cuts on its light and economy products during the summer holiday period but SABMiller still managed to expand its Miller Lite brand

About SABMiller India

SABMiller India is a wholly owned subsidiary of SABMiller plc, the second largest beer company in the world with over a hundred years of heritage.
SABMiller’s India sojourn began in 2000 and in just a few years, it has cornered nearly one third of the Indian beer market with brands such as Haywards 5000, Haywards 2000, Haywards Black, Knock Out, Royal Challenge, Castle Lager and Fosters.