PDA

View Full Version : Can U bring any good change as an individual in the society

choudharyneelam
June 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hello friends,

The topic above was one from our discussion sessions during our B.Ed. personality development programmes....We're given a topic in hindi......'kya akela chana bhaad fod sakta hai?'....and i was on the opponents side....the reasons with which i supported were only acceptable by two persons...one my own teacher and the other person who conducted the whole session....the last comment that i got from them was that....we need to be a part of something to bring that change....very true but still not that acceptable by me.

With the same thought i joined B.Ed. course to bring some better change in the society by doing something in the field of education.

What i feel is the only change could happen through education but what about the changes in education system??????.....the final response of my queries that i heard from every corner is that u can try but u'll find urself helpless and that's very true as the same reflected to me every corner i looked upon..untill and unless one feels from inside to learn and adopt the right method no good change can be thought of.

But again,my teachers called me to develop a belief of bringing some change in my thoughts.....i listened to them but not so convinced again. Actually i'm not getting the exact answer to my all questions.

People only relate teaching with specific subjects and a job in some reputed school. Just b'coz of status.....when my friends ask me what subject u gonna teach....i reply commerce at +2 level...this impress them a lot but exactly i'm not going to do that....i've some other big idea but don't know whether i'll be successful to start and take it ahead. Only my siblings knew about it.

Now i would like to have ur ideas upon this....how much do u agree with this statement and how much u oppose it...i need clarifications also.

waiting for ur replies
neelam

brahmtewatia
June 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hello friends,

The topic above was one from our discussion sessions during our B.Ed. personality development programmes....We're given a topic in hindi......'kya akela chana bhaad fod sakta hai?'....and i was on the opponents side....the reasons with which i supported were only acceptable by two persons...one my own teacher and the other person who conducted the whole session....the last comment that i got from them was that....we need to be a part of something to bring that change....very true but still not that acceptable by me.

waiting for ur replies
neelam

contents erased...will b posted later.

mukeshkumar007
June 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
......'kya akela chana bhaad fod sakta hai?'....

but akela chana agar uchal jaye to badbuche ke ankh jarorr phood sakta hai.. !!!

brahmtewatia
June 3rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
but akela chana agar uchal jaye to badbuche ke ankh jarorr phood sakta hai.. !!!

contents erased...will b posted later

devdahiya
June 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Hello friends,

With the same thought i joined B.Ed. course to bring some better change in the society by doing something in the field of education.

What i feel is the only change could happen through education but what about the changes in education system??????.....the final response of my queries that i heard from every corner is that u can try but u'll find urself helpless and that's very true as the same reflected to me every corner i looked upon..untill and unless one feels from inside to learn and adopt the right method no good change can be thought of.

But again,my teachers called me to develop a belief of bringing some change in my thoughts.....i listened to them but not so convinced again. Actually i'm not getting the exact answer to my all questions.

People only relate teaching with specific subjects and a job in some reputed school. Just b'coz of status.....when my friends ask me what subject u gonna teach....i reply commerce at +2 level...this impress them a lot but exactly i'm not going to do that....i've some other big idea but don't know whether i'll be successful to start and take it ahead. Only my siblings knew about it.

Now i would like to have ur ideas upon this....how much do u agree with this statement and how much u oppose it...i need clarifications also.

waiting for ur replies
neelam

Neelam, very interesting topic indeed.It is not difficult to find the answer.In fact an idea or thought moves the world and the idea takes shape in a single head....once the idea is put to practical use with conviction and determination,many souls join hand and take that idea to its logical end.So in nutshell it is an individual always who creates a spark and rest becomes a history.Gandhi ji was a perfect example of that and history is full of such examples.Accordingly if we have conviction and determination to follow up our dreams and aspiration then we too can make a great difference to the society as an individual.......there is a famous saying and i quote.." IF WE CAN NOT DO BIGGER THINGS IN A BIGGER WAY,WE CAN SURELY DO SMALLER THINGS IN A BIGGER WAY".....unquote.

Each one of us are blessed human beings in some or other way.....Need of the hour is to recognize our true value and to have courage of conviction to do a thing befittingly.Our fears and reservations thus stop us from undertaking challenging journeys in life........this is unfortunate because THAT IS THE AIM OF LIFE.Common sense applied with conviction can enable a person to move the mountains if resolution is rock solid.Nothing has ever stopped a determined human being from doing a deed......GOD BLESS!

choudharyneelam
June 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
quote.." IF WE CAN NOT DO BIGGER THINGS IN A BIGGER WAY,WE CAN SURELY DO SMALLER THINGS IN A BIGGER WAY".....unquote.

Sir, i'm happy to see the response and totally agree with ur every point but i want to know about the role of an individual in change....means nobody there to listen you, follow u, instead they all are there to pull the legs....then will it be possible?...because as per the current prevailing situations a true and ethical person is dragged in to do all the unacceptable things by other evils, or that person might give up from his responisbilities as there is one family who always like to have concerns from his side regarding safety....today nobody is like Great Bapuji who can face the world standing alone....aaj ke aadmi ki sthithi chakravu mein fase Abhimanyu ki tarah hai...jab jadein hi kharab hon to peid ko kaise seenchen???????....jadien here i called the corrupt govt. system as govt. has to play a major role in every field....ab Arjun Singh ko hi dekho ki kya kiya hai quota system ke mamle mein....people like him have lots of powers in their hand, then how can it be possible for a single person to take the initiative standing against all the wrongs??????????? People like him don't know anything about humanity....u might have seen the way the medical students treated so brutally....and still those students didn't received any justice....wo to sab united they, fir bhi no change....then how can we think of an initiative from a single person alone....atleast in the starting phase.

Gadhiji was able to influence the people as they all were tortured a lot and wanted freedom to come out of that slavery condition.....wahan jeene marne ke sawaal tha....ya to ghut ghut ke jeeyo, ya khul ke saamna karo aur jeeto ya jaan do.....that situation was different....society now, in the real sense need a great change but it is not the demand of people as they are feeling ease to live the life the way they are living....now tell me how to deal in such situation when the change is not demanded directly by people but some person want to make others realise this need by bringing some change?

devdahiya
June 3rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Sir, i'm happy to see the response and totally agree with ur every point but i want to know about the role of an individual in change....means nobody there to listen you, follow u, instead they all are there to pull the legs....then will it be possible?...because as per the current prevailing situations a true and ethical person is dragged in to do all the unacceptable things by other evils, or that person might give up from his responisbilities as there is one family who always like to have concerns from his side regarding safety....today nobody is like Great Bapuji who can face the world standing alone....aaj ke aadmi ki sthithi chakravu mein fase Abhimanyu ki tarah hai...jab jadein hi kharab hon to peid ko kaise seenchen???????....jadien here i called the corrupt govt. system as govt. has to play a major role in every field....ab Arjun Singh ko hi dekho ki kya kiya hai quota system ke mamle mein....people like him have lots of powers in their hand, then how can it be possible for a single person to take the initiative standing against all the wrongs??????????? People like him don't know anything about humanity....u might have seen the way the medical students treated so brutally....and still those students didn't received any justice....wo to sab united they, fir bhi no change....then how can we think of an initiative from a single person alone....atleast in the starting phase.

Gadhiji was able to influence the people as they all were tortured a lot and wanted freedom to come out of that slavery condition.....wahan jeene marne ke sawaal tha....ya to ghut ghut ke jeeyo, ya khul ke saamna karo aur jeeto ya jaan do.....that situation was different....society now, in the real sense need a great change but it is not the demand of people as they are feeling ease to live the life the way they are living....now tell me how to deal in such situation when the change is not demanded directly by people but some person want to make others realise this need by bringing some change?

Neelam ,the catch lies in your question itself.........The change is possible only when environment[people who are affected] desires.It will be foolish to talk of change when people are comfortable in a particular situation.Even suggestions should be offered only on demand.Yes at times forced changes are needed but those are rare feet achieved by a handfuls. The effect of such changes are only felt by people after that change and a comparison is made....but that is very rare i said.In normal circumstances people have to feel the need of a change and then only a person should get into the active mode.

Every situation which we confront in life each day will have a different solution depending on the ground realities and thats where MATURITY comes into fore.No doubt that life is very complex in present times[and is going to be more complex in future] and hence we ought to equip ourself with more wisdom, in order to face life situations more appropriately.There are no ready made solutions for the problems we encounter in life.....In fact each problem is unique and unique are the solutions and we move from problem to problem gathering knowledge and converting it into Wisdom.

We can not please every one out here.First and foremost is the individual pleasure and happiness because if as an individual i am not happy...i can give no happiness to others[Responsible i must always though]....So worry not...keep doing your bit as humanly possible and move on without any regret or dead load on your back...after all i or you are not accountable for the every sin which takes place on this earth......Till such time we are happy and satisfied of our good and kind deeds towards other living beings,we should not worry......BLESS!

ratheetheraist
June 4th, 2008, 05:05 AM
sis sorry for disturbin u for a moment in this nice thread...!!

a message for someone who knows whom m pointing towards..

arrey owwee...merey tey baat manna karr liye tu kaddey galti tey...koni thaaun terey fone bii...dhongi baba..oops...hansi aa gai..:p:D par gussa kamm nai hua hai oye..chal apna kaam kar ley ibb..:mad:

Samarkadian
June 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Hello friends,

waiting for ur replies
neelam

It's a sad and stupid thing to have to proclaim yourself a revolutionary just to be a decent man. ~David Harris

Question itself is rheotoric.Saying everything.Thaty It was included as a part of personality development programme in your B.Ed course.A teacher is a leader who is going to TEACH the future generation.So here the sense of sense in giving above topic is to test you on being a leader.To TEACH others you must be well learned, and to be a learned person you must improve[change] your conditioned thoughts.To teach and change for good, you will have to bring a good change in yourself.No Change is good or bad, it is just measured on the basis of comfort level.Dhundhane se to Bhagwan bhi mil jaya karte hain, bas Shradha aur lagan aap kahan tak rakh sakte ho.:)

You have joined B.Ed programme to bring a change in education field by doing something? I hope you are aware of WHAT, WHY and HOW of this 'doing-something'.

Now coming to the word CHANGE. Change itself is a wonderful yet painful yet unstoppable force. Every moment is changing in to another in this cosmic world.These moments always are full events which cant be copied again.Thats the beauty of life and mystical amusement.You often hears this notion that only change is CONSTANT in this nature. So change which nature bring us is best, its way of doing are various like calamities, climate change.We generally react/respond towards nature's induced change. Coming to Societal change. In this context CHANGE is wrong word because actually you are improving an already existing system/belief.Its improvement which is taken as 'change'. System is not wrong, the people who runs it are wrong which runs is wrongly, hence there is a mess.

Now as an individual in society, one can bring improvement[change].Like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Swami Vivekananda, Baba Ramdev etc possesed skills, intellect and above all a dedicated, unshakable belief against odds in system, I call it STRENGTH of individual. Aspects of strength are like emotional strength, spiritual strength and intellectual strength.Like I quoted while starting this post its not enough to be GOOD to bring any change, GOOD must have strong legs to face evils. Its not that a policeman is not strong , its just that terrorists have more STRENGTH in their determination for destruction.They do not fear death for their purpose of killing others.The security personal who are more strong in intelligence will caught these terrorists. So CHANGE is the propotional to strength.

Like you have said abt Arjun Singh and medical students unity, those who have got benefits of reservation in central institutes for higher studies are happier individuals.I have worked with 'Youth for Equality' and provided various lists under right to information act to lawyers but as the sensation from media has gone YFE has divided in to groups and here started its downfall with the launch of 'stupid' political party, they failed miserably in election in UP because a sense of equality has been overcomed by ego and personal benefits , but Arjun Singh never wavered. He Won. If you dnt know a single student in China in late 80s had stood in front of chinese tank on a famous circle to challange whole Chinese govt.Its all depends upon how much sharp and determined are you for your purpose.One person Albert Einsteen by giving Atomic Bomb's formula to US changed the whole world. Just think had he given it to ruler of his own country Germany.? Its another aspect what is reservation n who need it n where and why.

So as an Individual who is 'STRONG' can bring any change positive/negative in society.:)
Question is Are you going to change[improve] yourself first for this.

yudhvirmor
June 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Sir, i'm happy to see is not demanded directly by people but some person want to make others realise this need by bringing some change?

Hi Neelam,

I think one person can ignite the series of changes. It all depends upon how desperate he/she is for changes. I read some where "Those thing that hurt instruct." We get that fire in our belly when we are in a situation. Any revolution of a history was brain child of an individual.

Great missionaries like Chi, Stalin and Marx have done their homework and went to masses to find the common issues. They started living those dreams and finally they stood with masses.

I think ideas get innovated in classes and executed by masses.

sidchhikara
June 4th, 2008, 11:08 AM
It would be hard to judge whats good for a society because society is amorphous. However, you can help a group of individuals who are willing to receive your message. Whatever you teach them, please slip in a sentence about family planning .... most poor people in India think having babies is a sporting activity.

sumeetmalik
June 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM
It would be hard to judge whats good for a society because society is amorphous. However, you can help a group of individuals who are willing to receive your message. Whatever you teach them, please slip in a sentence about family planning .... most poor people in India think having babies is a sporting activity.
Dude, Sid, you are on a roll here today. Where were you hiding this biting humor. Come out more with it.

yudhvirmor
June 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM

I think you raised a genuine concern in your style. We still find 7-8 yrs old kids working on eatries or begging. We are in impression that India has come up in big way after 2000. I am sure most of these kids have borned after that. We still have polio cases though we are spending so much for polio Eradication program.

Sid Sir we need to slip many sentences like this to amorphous society :)

devdahiya
June 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
sis sorry for disturbin u for a moment in this nice thread...!!

a message for someone who knows whom m pointing towards..

arrey owwee...merey tey baat manna karr liye tu kaddey galti tey...koni thaaun terey fone bii...dhongi baba..oops...hansi aa gai..:p:D par gussa kamm nai hua hai oye..chal apna kaam kar ley ibb..:mad:

Na thhaiye meri ke jhotti khollega.....ought to learn decencies though.........God bless you always!

choudharyneelam
June 4th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Neelam ,the catch lies in your question itself.........The change is possible only when environment[people who are affected] desires.It will be foolish to talk of change when people are comfortable in a particular situation.

that's exactly what i wanted to point out here and even to them...i also expressed these same opinions but still no body agreed with me....i think the other team was just trying their best to prove themselves as winner.....hehehe....aakhir mujhe hi chup hona pada after giving sarcastic smile to them...main bhi insaan hun kab tak bakwas jhelti...hehe....now for these things i really need some change and i'll definitely bring it as i had promised to my teachers :)

i'm satistfied now with the responses.....and special thanks to all my dear friends....ye thread sirf issliye start kiya so as to know whether i was on the right track or not....i'm happy now :)

and ya talking about the change in myself....i always practice on that and come out with assured results and will repeat the same wherever required for sure.

With regards
Neelam :)

choudharyneelam
June 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hi Neelam,
I think ideas get innovated in classes and executed by masses.

I agree :)....only thing i wanna tell u all that just be ready as i'll need lot many after giving ignition to my idea...fir gayab mat ho jana...shayad usse pahle bhi jaroorat pade as i don't know how to initiate it...hehe...ab main itni bhi great nahin hun...kuch accha soch liya ye bhi ek great kaam hai...wo kahte hain naa...A thought given to a job is half work done...and don't be afraid i'm not gonna ask u to teach any subject...:D

...for initiating it i'll consult myself the right person...abhi to sirf socha hai...shuru karne mein to pata nahin kitna time lagega...aur uske baad aayega mere saathiyon ka role of support....to abhi enjoy the free time :D

choudharyneelam
June 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM

providing a beautiful shape to something is also in our hands...even we people only know about our bodily structure but what about our soul...so its upto one person whether he/she defines it in some shape or consider it as shapeless....and i don't think that there is anything in the world which does not have its own shape...now how you percieve is the other thing.

yudhvirmor
June 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I agree :)....only thing i wanna tell u all that juspata nahin kitna time lagega...aur uske baad aayega mere saathiyon ka role of support....to abhi enjoy the free time :D

I am ready to be part of masses to execute your well crafted idea for any nobel cause..

choudharyneelam
June 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I am ready to be part of masses to execute your well crafted idea for any nobel cause..

Heartful Thanks to U !!

spdeshwal
June 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Neelam ji

You commented in one of your posts that you wanted to know about how many members would support the stand taken by you. If it was simply to lead a healthy debate than you were 100% on right track

If it was the call of your inner conscience that made you confident about your conviction than you were 100% right and on right track. That is how I believe and perceive this subject.

I don't have to run my imagination for examples.

I can name them without giving a second thought...

Sh Ram Sawroop Arya
Navin Guliya
Rjender Kalkhunde
Dr. Jagbir
....There are people in other places. One Dr. Reddy, a NRI has helped to change his village unbelievably and that too without and Govt help.
There are thousands of success stries where individuals have brought about a change in the lives of others.The key is Will power, honesty and commitment!

Sphere of their change may not be that big right now. I mean, they may not be able touch more lives now but their efforts will multiply.

Now one may question that they are not alone and their success, although initiated by these individuals but a cumulative effort was needed to succeed. But I would say , the source of that vital energy of that change was some individual. More over the first step, the initiation is most important. Otherwise thousands of dream projects and golden ideas die before there inception.

As Dev dahiya has said in his first post about a thought, an idea that can bring about a change , also heard Baba ramdev speaking to some Media people in Bhopal jail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCa3TvuQe0

Now you can have no better example than Baba Ramdev that a determined indivdual can bring about a social change of that magnitude. Now one might say that Baba's revolution to spread yoga is helped by so many people and media.

केवल एक अकेला भी बहुत कुछ कर सकता है समाज के लिए !
आप धुमर्पान ना कर , गाड़ी कम चला कर , प्लास्टिक का कम इस्तेमाल कर
पर्यावरण को स्वच्छ रखने में प्रभावी भूमिका निभा सकते हैं

कर्नल दहिया जैसे गुनी वयक्ति , विद्यालयों में जाकर नव्युकों व नव्युव्तियोनो को प्रेरित कर सकते हैं
मुझे आज भी याद है , में ६ कक्षा में था और एक आर्यसमाजी सुधारक हमारे स्कूल में आए थे उनकी प्रेरणादायक बातें सुन कर मेरे सहित दर्जनों बचोनो ने धुमर्पान व चाय पीना छोड़ दिया था

इस लिए मेरा यह मानना है की एक अकेला चाहे तो अपने आस पास् , समाज में एक बदलाव का सुतर्धार बन सकता है
अगर ऐसी दृढ़ इच्छा शक्ति है तब जरूर सम्भव है :
http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/national/general/5_1_4514887.html

प्रयास कीजिये, वांछित परिणाम अवस्य मिलेंगे!

नीलम जी मेरी सुभ्कम्नाए आपके साथ हैं!

खुश रहो!

choudharyneelam
June 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Neelam ji

You commented in one of your posts that you wanted to know about

प्रयास कीजिये, वांछित परिणाम अवस्य मिलेंगे!

नीलम जी मेरी सुभ्कम्नाए आपके साथ हैं!

खुश रहो!

Totally agreeable Sir :)....today also, i had a very simple reply regarding the same thing....the person only told me three things :

Initiate with Child ego,
Proceed with Adult ego,
and at last React with Parent ego

and the keys of treasury account is in our hands :)

for sure it gonna help me in many ways alongwith all my Jatland members' worthy thoughts.

with regards
Neelam:)

desijat
June 7th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Interesting topic Neelam ji.

One side we indians say "Ekla chalo re" and on other hand we say "Ek akela thak jayega sathi milkar hath badhana"(i guess i got it right), we as a society are also confused it seems.

I read a poem in 10th standard which had these lines - Ek chana kya bhaad phodega Though poem emphasised upon team work but i never thought the same....

It is very important for today's India and its citizens to be confident enough to sustain themselves individually. We all study in best B schools with a motive of joining a MNC at good position, getting a fixed salary per month, being a part of thousands of employee base of the organization and remain satisfied the way we work, this is one kind of generation.

On other side, unfortunately very less in number is a generation who wishes to make a change to society, they wish to do something big in life, they dream they aspire and they commit themselves to a goal and atleast give it a try.
They might be successful they might fail but they try, ther are called entrepreneurs. All have selfish motives but they start individually and then build a whole society around them. Be it Ambani, Tata, Mittal, all have grown with a selfish motive but INDIVIDUALLY they grew and they have in deed made an impact on society as well.

for me.....

"I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
And dream me a dream of my own.
I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
And sing me a song of my own."

choudharyneelam
June 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Interesting topic Neelam ji.

One side we indians say "Ekla chalo re" and on other hand we say "Ek akela thak jayega sathi milkar hath badhana"(i guess i got it right), we as a society are also confused it seems.

for me.....

"I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
And dream me a dream of my own.
I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
And sing me a song of my own."

Absolutely Vikas!!...but there are many who'll inspire u, encourage u, and when u walk on the way u'll again find many who'll understand ur value and will surely move with u to share some burden/responsibility......that's the way both these songs want to explain us....:)

Your opinion is also valueable :).....and as usual ur creativity is beautiful :)

Regards
Neelam

anilsinghd
June 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hello friends,

waiting for ur replies
neelam

Well will reply in detail but my answer would be YES!

Even if you change yourself thats a change! I guess we are not talking of a certain quantity of change!

You can take my answer in a light vein or it can be philosophically interpreted as well!:)

choudharyneelam
June 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Well will reply in detail but my answer would be YES!

Even if you change yourself thats a change! I guess we are not talking of a certain quantity of change!

You can take my answer in a light vein or it can be philosophically interpreted as well!:)

how intelligent!! :)....i'm impressed by your this simple approach reply....when we're busy discussing it as a complicated issue u came out with a simple down-to-earth response expressed within a sentence....good going!! :)

Regards
Neelam

vijaykhunga5634
June 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Dear madam
i do agree that a single indl can make alot of differance in society
i do believe always remember in DEE i.e firstly dream about a thing which suits yourself,secondly put your best efforts and lastly donot forget to enjoy
vijay

anilsinghd
June 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hi Neelam, thanks for the appreciation , but for me that was obvious. The dilemma you are facing or you faced while starting the thread has come to me as well some time in past.

I tried reading the posts of the people who have opined here, for sure you have got enough motivation to carry on. So i would not rationalise the path rather i would just give my inputs on how i would think being put into your situation or how i have thought when put into similar kinds of situation.

Just a small comment to everybody on the "thread" : Highlighting the problem is an integral part of solving the problem. Einstein said that given an hour to solve a problem he would rather dwell 55 minutes on the know-hows of the problem. But we must not get confused by similar quotes , because genuis ( Einstein and similar guys) would solve the problem in the remaining 5 minutes. So if you are not a genius ( and its pretty individualistic to decide on this) , please make arrangements to get closer to the solution. Always in the highlighting mode ( hyping the problems ) is kind of stating the obvious!
I myself believe that in today's world , problems have become so big that it is only fascinating while we keep talking about problems. People who always keep projecting the problem look genius and masters! So a word of caution is important here becasue ultimatley you wish to solve the problems.

I hope the message is absorbed by the intended reciepients. In any case i can just hope.

:)

Coming to the question Neelam Ji raised , and as some others clarified , i ebleive not everyone is a leader here , there are people who only want to follow , so there should not be a hesitation while taking the innovator's seat(role).
The importance is of sustainability. One of the great lessons i kept from a humanities course in my course work is that we can generate happiness ( thats not difficult) , the difficult part is to sustain it!
Similar is the path by the people who start out as ventur-ers. But more importantly they need to sustain their efforts.
Personally the role of a teacher is even more highlighted and elevated. Because i can never forget teachings from my teachers who were kind , good ( in their subjects or otherwise). Students tend to be more attentive to those who they like. So the role is a much tougher and words need be more balanced.

And i keep it pretty simple , even if i would be able to do "some"( And i deliberately put this as vague , with an floor but not a cap) good , thats worth the effort! :)

navingulia
June 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM
i dont think my opinion should carry greater significance

but i feel everyone in this world wants to bring about a revolution and change the world but no one wants to change himself or do the little he can straight away.

small things we do can bring change.

as is said "be the change you want to see in others"

i have often mentioned these points-
1. make sure everyone you meet during day goes happy i.e you give positive enthusiasm to everyone and not discourage.
2. motivate everyone including yourself
3. dont throw garbage on road. if you see some one throwing tell them.
4. dont talk bad about your country, society and community. Constructive criticism is fine.
5. donot resort to dislike/hate. it will rule your mind.
6. do whatever little you can, where ever you can and in what ever small ways you can.

no war in this world is won by generals, it is won by soldiers, we need lots and lots of soldiers. soldiers who breed soldiers. the enemy within in our society is the biggest enemy, we have to fight with. One who (the society which) fights with self and shortcomings of self, always wins. Those who fight with others always lose.

anilsinghd
June 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM
i dont think my opinion should carry greater significance

but i feel everyone in this world wants to bring about a revolution and change the world but no one wants to change himself or do the little he can straight away.

small things we do can bring change.

as is said "be the change you want to see in others"

i have often mentioned these points-
1. make sure everyone you meet during day goes happy i.e you give positive enthusiasm to everyone and not discourage.
2. motivate everyone including yourself
3. dont throw garbage on road. if you see some one throwing tell them.
4. dont talk bad about your country, society and community. Constructive criticism is fine.
5. donot resort to dislike/hate. it will rule your mind.
6. do whatever little you can, where ever you can and in what ever small ways you can.

no war in this world is won by generals, it is won by soldiers, we need lots and lots of soldiers. soldiers who breed soldiers. the enemy within in our society is the biggest enemy, we have to fight with. One who (the society which) fights with self and shortcomings of self, always wins. Those who fight with others always lose.

Thats what i appreciate about you Navin and life in general!

Solutions !!! Even if meagre , we need solutions and no more questions highlighting!

People have turned smart enough for knowing the questions. It s the solutions thats the need of hour!

brahmtewatia
June 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
i wanted to have my thoughts on this thread very initially…nd started off jocularly…soon enuff I realized my folly :p nd erased the contents posted earlier by me.
reason : i found this thread to b very sincere nd called for a decent brainstorming session. ;)

i guess, m too late to opine on the subject. hwever, after going thru all the previous post i conclude tht the answer lies in the few initial posts…i refer to posts 5, 6 & 7....but still i wud like to put my opinion in my words...having said so i guess, i wud find myself safe to support ms. Neelam’s pt. of view…in fact thts my pt. of view as well. :D

no doubt history is full of examples of so many individual tht hv brought the change in the society single handedly…just to name a few…gandhi, subhash chandra bose, nelson mandela, raja rammohan roy etc etc.

wat was their strength ???

1. the will of an individual: as rightly said by dev bhaisaheb… idea takes shape in a single head.
2. determination to carry forward the idea against all odds.
3. implementation, to bring masses together nd proceed ahead with conviction nd determination. here agn there has to be a vry gud reason for masses as well to go for the change…gandhiji in those days got tht following, mandela also found his following to fight for the apartheid…reason...the masses too had the will nd the spark was ignited by gandhiji/mandela respectively. these 2 gr8 souls were able to touch the masses…nd tht’s wat made the difference.

but in todays scenario, as rightly said by neelam earlier…the ground realities r different, a true and ethical person is dragged in to do all sort of unacceptable evils, as such u’ll find more leg pullers then supporters. nxt cums an individual’s personal fears…here i mean his family nd all…u’ll find quite a few examples where an individual tried to raise his voice against all odds…eventually meeting his pre-determined fate.

our role : all we can hope to control is our own thoughts nd actions...realizing this, we will not act with the pre-conceived notion that we will change others. we simply nd sincerely do the best we can. in this way, we are acting from our true nature. with sincerity and selflessness, we will avoid becoming disheartened and will actually have the best chance of touching others. touching others, we can make a difference as quoted by me above citing the example of gandhiji/mandela...putting it in other words, i wud say tht i look for the north star, and i go to the north...tht does not mean i expect to arrive at the north star. i just want to go in that direction.

summing up my views, i wud like to put my thoughts to the analogy of voting. y wud one person vote when his single vote won't sway the election? we vote so that we can feel empowered nd because our individual votes add up to a lot nd when combined can cause radical change. the same analogy goes for the change, be it social or political. when you cast yr. vote, be it in a booth, or thru your own actions, or thru your deeds…u r voting for your values…nd while doing so the worst thing an individual can do is allow frustration to turn into apathy...
...having forwarded this analogy of voting, i hv assumed a perfect democratic environment to conclude tht...yes it is possible tht...ek akela chana bhaad fod sakta hai...it reminds me of a documentary tht i use to c, when i was small...1 tithli, anek tithliyaan, 1 gilhari anek gilhariyaan :)

choudharyneelam
June 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
i'm extremely happy to recieve everybody's worthy opinions....u all through your responses not only cleared my view-point but also gave me a true motivation to take the task ahead confidently and definitely if i had given some thought, i'll also work upon it....no matter how difficult it would be/ how long it will take/ how successful it would be....etc. etc....my aim is to put my best efforts....:)

....and for sure if i've found people who can come fwd to share their high, infact simple & great opinions then i'll also find the people who'll help me in the way :)

Regards To All

babita
June 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Siddharth, this is really funny. i have been reading the humor section, but this made me laugh. Population is an issue with u!!! From the land of over consumption!!!! You are so psyched!! But so right. I think it was more a sporting activity with our fore fathers, cos I work with a lot of labour class people, most of them have just a couple of kids. It's our fore-fathers who've done the damage. And the mothers along with them!!!

babita
June 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Good thoughts Navin. I hope more people read them.

renuchoudhary
July 10th, 2008, 04:40 AM
i'm extremely happy to recieve everybody's worthy opinions....u all through your responses not only cleared my view-point but also gave me a true motivation to take the task ahead confidently and definitely if i had given some thought, i'll also work upon it....no matter how difficult it would be/ how long it will take/ how successful it would be....etc. etc....my aim is to put my best efforts....:)

....and for sure if i've found people who can come fwd to share their high, infact simple & great opinions then i'll also find the people who'll help me in the way :)

Regards To All
Very nice Neelam, If u have dreamed a target than u will achieve it. LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI. Worrying about success is actually a demotivating factor. Change in society comes by individuals only. mob cant do anything. Ideas should be implemented correctly and timely. Think, if it is quastion of opinion than give as many arguments as u can , to change the others. But if it is a question of adjusment in soceity at any level /matter than dont argue, change yrself and dont try to change the others. Keep it up , any thing for good cause cant be stopped by anybody.http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

JyotiSandhu
July 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM
yes ofcourse an individual can bring a good change in society,as said by sum1 earlier if any good idea develops in one's mind he can start working on dat n if he succeed in dat then d masses vll follow him automatically.....

bcoz its a general saying dat if u r capable of proving urself then d masses vll follow u....

Thanks

nysa
July 15th, 2008, 06:52 PM
yes ofcourse an individual can bring a good change in society,as said by sum1 earlier if any good idea develops in one's mind he can start working on dat n if he succeed in dat then d masses vll follow him automatically.....

bcoz its a general saying dat if u r capable of proving urself then d masses vll follow u....

Thanks

rightly said ..

any change has to begin with the individual first and then the masses.If I want a certain change in society around me, it is my duty to bring that change in me first and then expect others to follow...guess that's what is called "lead by example".

spdeshwal
July 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
rightly said ..

any change has to begin with the individual first and then the masses.If I want a certain change in society around me, it is my duty to bring that change in me first and then expect others to follow...guess that's what is called "lead by example".

आपने सही फरमाया Nysa ji जी, हमें समाज में नई चेतना या बदलाव का सूत्रपात तभी कर सकते हैं जब हम पहले उस दिशा में कोई सार्थक पहल करें / अब आप इन महासय को ही देख लीजिये , कितनी सरलता से कितने बड़े काम को अंजाम दे कर, एक सही उदाहरण प्रस्तुत किया है समाज के सामने की किसी सामजिक चेतना के लिए आपको बहुत सारे धन या बल की आवसय्कता नही बल्कि सही लगन और इछासक्ति भरा एक कदम !

कुछ वृक्ष मुझे बेटों जैसे लगते हैं, कुछ माओं जैसे, कुछ बहनों की तरह तो कुछ भाइयों जैसे।

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/national/general/5_1_4644928/

Cheers!

sunildabas
July 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM
आपने सही फरमाया Nysa ji जी, हमें समाज में नई चेतना या बदलाव का सूत्रपात तभी कर सकते हैं जब हम पहले उस दिशा में कोई सार्थक पहल करें / अब आप इन महासय को ही देख लीजिये , कितनी सरलता से कितने बड़े काम को अंजाम दे कर, एक सही उदाहरण प्रस्तुत किया है समाज के सामने की किसी सामजिक चेतना के लिए आपको बहुत सारे धन या बल की आवसय्कता नही बल्कि सही लगन और इछासक्ति भरा एक कदम !

कुछ वृक्ष मुझे बेटों जैसे लगते हैं, कुछ माओं जैसे, कुछ बहनों की तरह तो कुछ भाइयों जैसे।

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/national/general/5_1_4644928/

Cheers!

Good post Mr Deshwal. The link provided is quite motivating & appropriate answer of Miss Neelam's query. I hope this link will clear all ur doubts Miss Neelam.

choudharyneelam
July 21st, 2008, 04:42 PM
nodding head.....:)

regards to all

hsdhull
August 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM
dEAR NEELAM: iF V go back to history , its always have been a single person who ahve bought changes in society, rest others are his/her followers. In todays world one person can bring the changes he wants but it need a good planning and will power to bring that planning in to reality. If u really wanna change this society than u must attain a position high enough to bring that change. Best of luck . Even i have such dreams and i have been planning for last 10 yrs, and someday i ll do what i wanna do in my life.

choudharyneelam
September 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
dEAR NEELAM: iF V go back to history , its always have been a single person who ahve bought changes in society, rest others are his/her followers. In todays world one person can bring the changes he wants but it need a good planning and will power to bring that planning in to reality. If u really wanna change this society than u must attain a position high enough to bring that change. Best of luck . Even i have such dreams and i have been planning for last 10 yrs, and someday i ll do what i wanna do in my life.

exactly, a high position is required(but not necessary always....as i know i'll not be serving like an IAS, IPS or any other high profiled citizen.....but have found the way to bring some change that could be possible at my part).....trying all my little efforts that i could as per my capabilities, potentials and desire.

regarding change....a little change mean a lot to me :) (which then can be maintained/progressed further with the base already formed)

All the Best to U as well :)

pradeep80
September 29th, 2008, 10:44 PM
akela chana bhi bhad phod sakta hai....

choudharyneelam
September 30th, 2008, 07:17 PM
akela chana bhi bhad phod sakta hai....

i agree as many members made me think like the same which was like a confusion for me..earlier

but i request u to pls put-up your worthy opinions here, so that everybody can read and comment on the same accordingly....just saying yes or no, lacks sufficiency

so pls do the same :)

Rmandaura
September 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Neelam,
I hope you must be knowing that a good catalytic agent can form beautiful crystals. So be a good catalytic agent. I see that potential in you.
When a person has moral strength he/she becomes fearless and can take the plunge.
1. You should carefully choose your field of action.
2. Judge your capabilities.
3. Make a promise to self to succeed.
4. There are bound to be initial failures but don’t loose heart, rather gather strength from it and put in your best.
5. Even in the event of dire adversities don’t be tense as tense mind looses rationality. Be cool and lead your team.
6. Have the moral strength and conviction and change is bound to come however small it may be.
7. Drive away all doubts and fear from within.
8. Last but not the least enjoy whatever you are doing.

Every one knows these simple things. Important thing is to blend these in your life……….. Bless You.

choudharyneelam
October 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM
ThankU!! Mr. Ranjit Dahiya for the blessings, and i'll surely inculcate in myself ur above mentioned requisites for success.

Regards

sachinb
October 13th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Neelam Chaudhry aage badho hum tumhaare saath hain
good topic

Hello friends,

waiting for ur replies
neelam

choudharyneelam
October 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM
thanks Sachin for extending the support and showing good concerns :)

sachinb
October 17th, 2008, 04:13 PM
i am a firm believer that even a single person can bring out drastic changes in the society.
We accept Neelam Ji as our leader and lets move forward.
Single aadmi kyon nahi kar sakta kuchh,,,,,,,,,bilkul kar sakta hai,,,,,only thing required are guts
It is just a matter of garnering support and motivating people and giving the right ignition to the sentiments, emotions and will do bringout the changes.
Person with excellent leadership quality who can really motivate people can do so.
Ch. Mahender Singh Tiket is one such example and why cant Neelam Chaudhry can do so,,,,its only a matter of starting and breaking the inertia

thanks Sachin for extending the support and showing good concerns :)

Fateh
October 22nd, 2008, 01:51 AM
Dear neelam, Karam karo, do your work dont bother about reslt listen to your Soul, let other say anything. an individual can do evry thing. start is always by an individual, look you have started this discussion is not a sucess. Have full faith in yourself, work hard with full determination & sincerity, and work for your satisfaction & not for achievement. self satisfaction is a biggest achievement. Always keep your attitute positive, live in present & be happy.

choudharyneelam
October 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Dear neelam, Karam karo, do your work dont bother about reslt listen to your Soul, let other say anything. an individual can do evry thing. start is always by an individual, look you have started this discussion is not a sucess. Have full faith in yourself, work hard with full determination & sincerity, and work for your satisfaction & not for achievement. self satisfaction is a biggest achievement. Always keep your attitute positive, live in present & be happy.

Agreed, as I also have the same opinions.I believe in karma.Rest, I put my efforts wherever required but never bother about the result.But for sure think before putting my efforts. :)

And very simple is your explanation to make me feel the right thing about change :)

Iif you talk about satisfaction, then Ii always prefer it at top priority, but you know what.This self-satisfaction is not considered as any achievement by today's people.Except few(u might be one among them).People talk about the achievements written on papers

Then also I didn't lose the hope, and today when I went to my college back for some purpose, I talked to my sir (who asked me this thing, though very little at my part).And he immediately responded the way I was expecting.I hope he will be there to help me for same in the way (which is yet to be decided) :)

So this is the difference I find in teachers and I didn't find any better identity that could be regarded more than them.

People who all 've shared their worthy opinions here to make my confusions clear, and all my teachers especially my that SIR (idealistic personality for me) carries an extra worth in the manner that they came forward to guide me, made things clear to me.And if people really mean to provide something then I'm always ready to listen to their opposing opinions as by that discussion also I get the things exact and clear.

Rest, I'm in touch with my sir again, so lets see how much I am capable to attain what I was asked of.

There is one thing for which I can openly appreciate myself with confidence..i.e..if any worthy person asks me to do something, then I really have some capability to do the same.,but on my own, I'm never able to analyse the same untill highlighted by any experienced person (experienced only b'coz I don't trust extravagant appreciations)

One similar example.I was always afraid of stepping into water on road during rainy season.Thore se paani ko dekh kar bhi main darr ke lamba raasta apnati thi ye kah ke ki main paani mein doob jaaungi....and my siblings, even the little one always got the tough job to make me realise the exact thing..but they failed.and when my elder sis asked me to swim, I again denied.....showing fear and hesitation, and I was famous at pool for my fear from water..so this time coaches got the tough time.....but only one had the patience to understand my capability and he successfully taught me how to swim and enjoy at the centre of pool from the 5th post after diving....so every person has some capabilities but others need the ample patience to understand those and draw out the same if they could.