PDA

View Full Version : How does it feel to be as OLD as you are now?

sunitahooda
June 18th, 2008, 11:31 PM
How old people SHOULD really grow upto? ..n apart from this WE MUST have a BOON never to be older than 26 years:pits observed n experienced that its a matter of high pride to be in TEENS & TWENTIES n more than that FAR TOO PROUD of being ONLY 26 a mere female aquaintance thinks that people beyond 26 turn into DEVILS/MORONS/PSYCHOPATHS/NERDS/JERKS/WICKED N ALL GOD DAMNED CRAP.... What's more interesting its believed that people mustn't socialize with younger than their age and by ANY CHANCE if you are older than 20s & 30s then you just HAD IT BUDDY:D:p....Goodness me i still remember when i was about 2-3 years and those sweet memories still roll in my mind and will do till i'm alive. Is it that the 26 year old female has SOME MAGIC n she won't turn older THAN 26;)? If i cud get that MAGICAL BOON please? Cuz soon she'll turn older than 20s then 30s n 40s as days/week/months/years fly and believe me TIME FLIES at a FASTEST pace....then i would LOVE TO ASK HER HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THAT OLD? AND I'M SURE THE REPLY WILL BE>>>> I still feel like playing in my mother's lap and want my father to help me with my first steps....want my Grandfather to take me to trip at new places....still dont want to share my dolls with anyone and still want my sisters to fight one moment and love the next moment. I wish to climb up the tree like a squirrel an chirp like a bird....I WISH TO BE INNOCENT AND SWEET LIKE A KID....ALAS!!!! she takes a deep sigh....I cant do all this because I'VE left my innocence far behind in this race of time and THOUGH I'VE GROWN OLDER TO BE MATURE ENOUGH BUT I LIKE TO MISBEHAVE JUST BECAUSE I'M SUCCESSFUL IN PRETENDING AND SHOWING PEOPLE WHAT I'M NOT....i just win the trust and just spread hatred about people who are older than 26Years....can anyone tell What age is a RIGHT age to be what you want to be n what society wants you to be?

poonam
June 19th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hey Sue, 35 yrs young would be much better n cheerful than a 26 yrs old..:D..you know what I mean...

Afterall its all about the state of mind..the thoughts in your mind now would make you or destroy you...got nothing to do with the number of years you have lived (lived or just hanging out there ..thats another issue which could be discussed at length)! How old/young is the heart that matters precisely..;) and 26 yrs old may have a heart of 70 yrs old...:rolleyes:

And as Mark Twain said: Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter....:)

And coming specifically to 26 vs 30s conflict as you metioned I would like to draw peoples' attention to Oscar Wilde's one very famous and apt quote here : Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years......:D hehehe..and please make sure your 26 years "old" female aquaintance know this...

VirenderNarwal
June 19th, 2008, 12:54 AM
....can anyone tell What age is a RIGHT age to be what you want to be n what society wants you to be?

वो कहते हैं न…कि वक्त बलवान है…...कई बार बक्त से पहले भी जिम्मेवारियां आण पडती है….जिन्हे आपको निभाना पडता है…But the best age is 22 years….
I personally achieved a lot before this age and fulfils maximum ambition, Honestly I can say “Sapne Sach Huye Apne” aur aaj tak sare sapne sakar karte aa raha hun…..but as per my experience the best age is 22 years when what ever you say…considered a commitment…….and if you achieve something it will be counted in your account not in family account. From this age society and family have more expectation from you…..and from this age you have to follow all kind of rule and regulation of the society strictly and politely.

ritu
June 19th, 2008, 12:55 AM
accha arre me bhi 35 ki hu.poonam mane to pata hi nahi tha ki 35 itni special hove se.thanku
Hey Sue, 35 yrs young would be much better n cheerful than a 26 yrs old..:D..you know what I mean...

Afterall its all about the state of mind..the thoughts in your mind now would make you or destroy you...got nothing to do with the number of years you have lived (lived or just hanging out there ..thats another issue which could be discussed at length)! How old/young is the heart that matters precisely..;) and 26 yrs old may have a heart of 70 yrs old...:rolleyes:

And as Mark Twain said: Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter....:)

And coming specifically to 26 vs 30s conflict as you metioned I would like to draw peoples' attention to Oscar Wilde's one very famous and apt quote here : Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years......:D hehehe..and please make sure your 26 years "old" female aquaintance know this...

gaganjat
June 19th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Age is a myth, who cares whats written in the birth certificate.

Age affects u emotionally and physically only if u let it do that.

Physically: There are people who are 18 but as unfit as a 65 yrs old. would u call them 18 yrs old? I wont!
If someone is 50 but as fit as 20 ? wont u call them young? I will !

Now the second part:

Emotionally: If u are shy and scared to do what u feel like doin ,then u r old and ur time is up.

But if u do what u like doing , then u r 26 or 18 or 15 or whatever.

'I love girls who lie about their age , they have that confidence to live young even if their birth ceritificate and society believes they are old'

Haam tai har ghante alag alag umar aale kaam karre sai.

Kafi log to umar ki chinta me hi umar se pahle hi bhudde ho jate hai:D

gaganjat
June 19th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Waise sunitaa 'jeee' apki twacha se ar baato se to apki umar 18-19 se jada nahi lagti. Baki pata nahi hai kitni:confused:

Agar jada sai tai , 100-50 rapiyeee de kai naya birth certificate banwa liyo, kaam umar aala ! Accha phychological effect padega. Ar certificate nai frame kar kai livin room mai la liyo, ate jate dekh kai roj khoon bhadega.:D

Ar jaha tak appne Jat choro ki baat sai. "Jat ar ghoda kade bhudde nahi hote'

ritu
June 19th, 2008, 01:19 AM
gagan yu phychological effect ke hoya kare

gaganjat
June 19th, 2008, 01:29 AM
gagan yu phychological effect ke hoya kare

Ritu ! Very good question.

'cycle-logical-effect' ho sai 'pagalpan ka dora'

ritu
June 19th, 2008, 01:32 AM
hahahahahahahah pagal ...pagal to ooye aapni umar bhul jaya kare.vaise aap baato se bahut hi mature laagtae ho aur gyani bhi.aap kum se kum 50 ke aaspaas to hogge.ab budde to aap ho nahi sakte kyunki jat aur ghoda to kabhi budde hotte hi nahi
Ritu ! Very good question.

'cycle-logical-effect' ho sai 'pagalpan ka dora'

gaganjat
June 19th, 2008, 01:43 AM
hahahahahahahah pagal ...pagal to ooye aapni umar bhul jaya kare.vaise aap baato se bahut hi mature laagtae ho aur gyani bhi.aap kum se kum 50 ke aaspaas to hogge.ab budde to aap ho nahi sakte kyunki jat aur ghoda to kabhi budde hotte hi nahi

"Jat aur ghoda kabhi baccha ya bhudda nahi hota , hamesha jawan hota hai'

su tai mai 26 ka , baki tha mai bhachpan mai bhi jawan ar bhudapa apna aana nahi.

sara khel 'cycle-logical-fact' ka sai.

ritu
June 19th, 2008, 01:48 AM
dhyan te 26 ka hai.yu thread bhi kisi 26 saal alli tahi likah hai kade kardai terepe aaja.oo bhi 26 yaani ki total 8 unlucky number hove se.27 ka hon tahi chup chapatta hoja.me bhi chaalu kyuni 35 yaani ki total 8 kardai mere kanhi bhi sark sake se.kitt gyi va teri 500km speed alli gaadi chal bhaj le.....

"Jat aur ghoda kabhi baccha ya bhudda nahi hota , hamesha jawan hota hai'

su tai mai 26 ka , baki tha mai bhachpan mai bhi jawan ar bhudapa apna aana nahi.

sara khel 'cycle-logical-fact' ka sai.

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Narwal Sahab....meri saheli k papa 3-4 din pehley batave the akk beta manne apni baddi bebe ka byah arr sara intejaam ekle nai karya tha jab 21 saal ka tha....m much surprised after knowing that cuz when elder sis got married my papa was aroung 44-45 n he cudn't arrange asingle thing and Dada ji helped him....my papa was as scared as a 5 year old kid.

वो कहते हैं न…कि वक्त बलवान है…...कई बार बक्त से पहले भी जिम्मेवारियां आण पडती है….जिन्हे आपको निभाना पडता है…But the best age is 22 years….
I personally achieved a lot before this age and fulfils maximum ambition, Honestly I can say “Sapne Sach Huye Apne” aur aaj tak sare sapne sakar karte aa raha hun…..but as per my experience the best age is 22 years when what ever you say…considered a commitment…….and if you achieve something it will be counted in your account not in family account. From this age society and family have more expectation from you…..and from this age you have to follow all kind of rule and regulation of the society strictly and politely.

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 07:20 AM
You banged right there Poons....I DON'T MIND AT ALL:Di mean the age thing....Din ki chokhi shuruat hoyi aaj tai;)I know evry word....n its meaning...mai tere tai karddi inspired hoon:p

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Gags....meri TWACHA tai to meri umar ka kade bera paattey bi koni....thode din pehle thumb impression aalya tai apna "KACHA-CHEETHA" buchwaya tha....wey sarey Keralite/south indian sain.....nyu bolya- AAP HAMESHA AISE HI YOUNGLY RAHEINGEY:D:DHe couldn't say YOUNG....arr manne certificate ki jarut konya....Its all in mind and my MIND GETS REFRESH EVERY MOMENT....PAR JATLAND KI CHOUKHATT PAI TANGNA PADEGA:):)mera birth certificate arr uss pai BHOOT ka thobdda ya fer uss 26 saal ki NADAAN CHHORI ka BEHU MUH....she amways looked as old as 65 to me....but i don't want to laugh at anyone's real STATE....n dont feel mch PROUD of how as WHAT i look like....at the end of BREATHING PROCESS IT ALL PERISHES ARR SAB KA DHOOMMA UTHNA SAI(THE CREMATION I MEAN):)

RAHI BAAT BAATON KI " I'M AS NATURAL AS NATURE...."I DON'T PRETEND EVER"

But when there's a serious situation jis mai deemag pai jorr dena ho then i quickly turn into someone between 65-85 or may be more....par friends nuay mere tai dukhi rehya karein> Tu kade serious bi hoya kare?QUOTE=gaganjat;172972]Waise sunitaa 'jeee' apki twacha se ar baato se to apki umar 18-19 se jada nahi lagti. Baki pata nahi hai kitni:confused:

Agar jada sai tai , 100-50 rapiyeee de kai naya birth certificate banwa liyo, kaam umar aala ! Accha phychological effect padega. Ar certificate nai frame kar kai livin room mai la liyo, ate jate dekh kai roj khoon bhadega.:D

Ar jaha tak appne Jat choro ki baat sai. "Jat ar ghoda kade bhudde nahi hote'[/QUOTE]

navingulia
June 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
the age i would love to be is 13 always, football, trekking, swimming and games
i am loving my current 34
my nanaji at 85 is very active, my role model, i want to be ten times active at 85
i want to see life beyond a 100yrs atleast, to begin with that is

life is like that tasty dish, you have a little, you love it a lot and wished you had more. its tasty coz its less. savor it

life, every moment of it, is meant to be savored. not lived. i am so glad i could come into existence

Jat mara tab jaaniye jab terahvin ho jaae aur agar mar bhi gaya to mera bhoot chun chun ke badla lega(jis jis nai khuun khaya sai mera)

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Dont worry 2+6=8 and all even numbers are my lucky numbers and even my signature says JAT 16X2-8:D:D:D:D....hence, you BOTH are extremely lucky for me n i mean it:D;)thanks for surroundin me
dhyan te 26 ka hai.yu thread bhi kisi 26 saal alli tahi likah hai kade kardai terepe aaja.oo bhi 26 yaani ki total 8 unlucky number hove se.27 ka hon tahi chup chapatta hoja.me bhi chaalu kyuni 35 yaani ki total 8 kardai mere kanhi bhi sark sake se.kitt gyi va teri 500km speed alli gaadi chal bhaj le.....

ritu
June 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM
you are very welcome sunita:):):)
Dont worry 2+6=8 and all even numbers are my lucky numbers and even my signature says JAT 16X2-8:D:D:D:D....hence, you BOTH are extremely lucky for me n i mean it:D;)thanks for surroundin me

bls31
June 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I am 77 by the calender, feel 25 mentally and 60 physically. I have written two books ,an avid photographer, professionally trained in production, editing and video-graphy, give talks on personal development and cyber security, I paint in water colors, drive my Opel Astra and pine for my late wife. What has age got to do with what you feel and even look?

prashantacmet
June 19th, 2008, 04:38 PM
This thread will soothe the pain out for my unfulfilled desires crushed by AGE and i m pretty curious to figure out the best AGE of my rest-doings :D by contemplating this thread. In fact, some ppl like me never poise with AGE factor ;):p.....I was eagerly wting for such a thread:rock:rock

rkumar
June 19th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I have been feeling like 21 for last 35 years.... hope to be like this for another 35 years at least.... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

RK^2

dkumars
June 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Narwal Sahab....meri saheli k papa 3-4 din pehley batave the akk beta manne apni baddi bebe ka byah arr sara intejaam ekle nai karya tha jab 21 saal ka tha....m much surprised after knowing that cuz when elder sis got married my papa was aroung 44-45 n he cudn't arrange asingle thing and Dada ji helped him....my papa was as scared as a 5 year old kid.

Whose elder sis ??? I mean got confused with age and elder sis :mad::confused::eek:

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 06:43 PM
My elder sister ....these are two different incidents....one my friend's father ....who got HIS siter married off when he himself was as young lad as 21 yrs and the second incident is about my sister and my father....samjh mai aaya akk na
Whose elder sis ??? I mean got confused with age and elder sis :mad::confused::eek:

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Sir, do you think that you can make GOOD friend who is half of your age?
I am 77 by the calender, feel 25 mentally and 60 physically. I have written two books ,an avid photographer, professionally trained in production, editing and video-graphy, give talks on personal development and cyber security, I paint in water colors, drive my Opel Astra and pine for my late wife. What has age got to do with what you feel and even look?

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Both of you are my ROLE MODELS....not for this age factor....many more factors....living life in a best suitable way....Cheerfully/Joyfully/ Courageously n inspiring people around you....when people worry too much about the DOs & DON'Ts i'm sure you have been doing what feels JUST RIGHT to your souls:)It feels Great having known personalities like you
I have been feeling like 21 for last 35 years.... hope to be like this for another 35 years at least.... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

RK^2

neerajshoran
June 19th, 2008, 07:13 PM
well as long as you take life haed on and enjoy the roller coaster ride it throws enroute age doesn't matter. but remaining fit is the mantra

sunitahooda
June 19th, 2008, 07:16 PM
My Mantra....18 Till I Die....Navin 13 tai kimme kum nahi ho gya...maadda theek-theek sa laa ley nai paleej....how can u be yonger than me:p;)
the age i would love to be is 13 always, football, trekking, swimming and games
i am loving my current 34
my nanaji at 85 is very active, my role model, i want to be ten times active at 85
i want to see life beyond a 100yrs atleast, to begin with that is

life is like that tasty dish, you have a little, you love it a lot and wished you had more. its tasty coz its less. savor it

life, every moment of it, is meant to be savored. not lived. i am so glad i could come into existence

Jat mara tab jaaniye jab terahvin ho jaae aur agar mar bhi gaya to mera bhoot chun chun ke badla lega(jis jis nai khuun khaya sai mera)

navingulia
June 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
i think 13 was the best age, part malgudy factor, part youth and lots enthusiasm
life was cool
18 in our society is a tough age. 'bera nahin iska ke hoga??' type. sara parviar, padosi ar samaj lath le kai paachhai laag jya sain

par aap jyada kaho tai 14-15 pai bhi maan sakuun suun. ustai ek saal batti nahin.

brahmtewatia
June 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM
:rolleyes:;):eek::rolleyes:;):eek::rolleyes:;):eek ::eek:...tht makes 10 characters !!!

ritu
June 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
age and looks ka ky correlation hai vo to pata nahi hai.is thread ko dekhte hue to lag raha hai ki inversely proprtionate hai.par ye bhi pata chal gaya ki maturity bhi inversely ho gyi hai.sometimes yongsters act more mature than aged people.

poonam
June 19th, 2008, 10:41 PM
You banged right there Poons....I DON'T MIND AT ALL:Di mean the age thing....Din ki chokhi shuruat hoyi aaj tai;)I know evry word....n its meaning...mai tere tai karddi inspired hoon:p

I knew u are smart , you will get it....:p

Per eeb meri 'reading between the lines' ki gandi aaadat se majboor hokar lemme disclose, 35 tae manne example likhya thaa...main tae lawe bhee konya eebey 35 kae....swear to God...;).., but thanks for the honor, will keep you inspired I promise....:D

desijat
June 19th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Being 22 and looking at people around me, i feel if i am doing justice to my existance and am better off than my colleagues in terms of career and focus

but seeing the other log i feel there is still a lot more to see and experience and i have already wasted 22 years doing nothing and it is high time i begin my journey called life seriously

bls31
June 20th, 2008, 08:54 AM

I make good friends with those in laps, toddlers, teen agers and young persons like you, of course even with those of my biological/mental age group.
Age has nothing to do with making friends,to make friends one has to be a good listener, have empathy with the other person ,respect for his views and be conservative in giving advice especially unsolicited.
one has to change with the times , it is good to remember the good old times, but one has to find some good in the so called present times. I am the happiest when interacting with young audience with the hope and aspirations so transparent in their eyes and the energy, part of which also gets transfered to me making me younger..

I have been busy with fighting the election to the Council of IETE hence a bit in active on the Jat land .All the best BLS

navingulia
June 20th, 2008, 09:06 AM
sunita bebe, tannai bahut se logaan ki (including meri) duukhti rag pai haath dhar diya sai. baahar baahar tai sab sher ban rahe sain.
mai tai aaj ai baal mai rang laawan ki soch rya suun
jitni baar bhi naai dhorai jaaya karda, har bai kahta 'sir, facial kar dyuun, ye aankh ke black circle theek ho jyaange ar ye nose ke black head bhi nikal jaayenge' aur mai kahta 'rahne de yaar'
eeb ke nai karwana padaiga

navingulia
June 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM
oy vikaase, yo kit 22, 22 karta bad gya haadai. This thread is not meant for you. Tannai ke laagai sai, ham kade 22 ke hoe e na thei.

brahmtewatia
June 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I make good friends with those in laps, toddlers, teen agers and young persons like you, of course even with those of my biological/mental age group.
Age has nothing to do with making friends,to make friends one has to be a good listener, have empathy with the other person ,respect for his views and be conservative in giving advice especially unsolicited.
one has to change with the times , it is good to remember the good old times, but one hag to find some good in the so called present times. I am the happiest when interacting with young audience with the hope and aspirations so transparent in their eyes am and the energy, part of which also gets transfered to me making me younger..

be...yu...tee...fully said :)

ravindra.singh
June 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Physical fitness is important but Age is completely state of mind... if anyone is having doubt. Go n watch CHEENI KAM

Gauri
June 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Ifthe young have not that revolutionary discontent, they are already old

As I was saying if the young have not that revolutionary discontent, they are already old; and the old are those who were once discontented, but have settled back. They want security, they want permanency, either in their jobs or in their souls. They want certainty in ideas, in relationship, or in property. If in you, who are young, there is a spirit of inquiry which makes you want the truth of anything, of any political action whether of the left or of the right, and if you are not bound by tradition, then you will be the regenerators of the world, the creators of a new civilization, a new culture. But, like the rest of us, like the past generation, young people also want security, certainty. They want jobs, they want food, clothing and shelter, they don't want to disagree with their parents because it means going against society. Therefore, they fall in line, they accept the authority of older people.
So, what happens? The discontent which is the very flame of inquiry, of search, of understanding – that discontent is made mediocre, it becomes merely a desire for a better job, or a rich marriage, or a degree. So, their discontent is destroyed, it merely becomes the desire for more security. Surely, what is essential for the old and for the young is to live fully, completely. But you see, there are very few people who want to live completely. To live fully and completely, there must be freedom, not an acceptance of authority; and there can be freedom only when there is virtue. Virtue is not imitation; virtue is creative living. That is, creativeness comes through the freedom which virtue brings; and virtue is not to be cultivated, it does not come through practice or at the end of your life. Either you are virtuous and free now, or you are not. And to find out why you are not free, you must have discontent, you must have the intention, the drive, the energy to encore; but you dissipate that energy sexually, or through shouting political slogans, waving flags, or merely imitating, passing examinations for a better job.

1948 4th Public Talk, Bangalore, India, p. 34 - 35
The Collected Works of J. Krishnamurti

These are the words of krishnamurti when asked in un assembly bout the Young n the Old. DO WE ALL AGREE ???????

I somewhere agry to what he said however ; sensibility n maturateness n responsibility comes on their own.

sunitahooda
June 21st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Thank you Sir, for writing such thought provoking words....i hope my Dear friend might have read through all posts and may be an enlightened soul by now.

Same goes for me kids so far have been my good friends and older than me better friends but younger than me are my best friends as everything is natural and i believe if you are honest and truthful then u dont need to care for something useless like age.

one has to change with the times , it is good to remember the good old times, but one has to find some good in the so called present times. I am the happiest when interacting with young audience with the hope and aspirations so transparent in their eyes and the energy, part of which also gets transfered to me making me younger..

I have been busy with fighting the election to the Council of IETE hence a bit in active on the Jat land .All the best BLS

sumeetmalik
June 21st, 2008, 12:45 AM
Ifthe young have not that revolutionary discontent, they are already old

As I was saying if the young have not that revolutionary discontent, they are already old; and the old are those who were once discontented, but have settled back. They want security, they want permanency, either in their jobs or in their souls. They want certainty in ideas, in relationship, or in property. If in you, who are young, there is a spirit of inquiry which makes you want the truth of anything, of any political action whether of the left or of the right, and if you are not bound by tradition, then you will be the regenerators of the world, the creators of a new civilization, a new culture. But, like the rest of us, like the past generation, young people also want security, certainty. They want jobs, they want food, clothing and shelter, they don't want to disagree with their parents because it means going against society. Therefore, they fall in line, they accept the authority of older people.
So, what happens? The discontent which is the very flame of inquiry, of search, of understanding – that discontent is made mediocre, it becomes merely a desire for a better job, or a rich marriage, or a degree. So, their discontent is destroyed, it merely becomes the desire for more security. Surely, what is essential for the old and for the young is to live fully, completely. But you see, there are very few people who want to live completely. To live fully and completely, there must be freedom, not an acceptance of authority; and there can be freedom only when there is virtue. Virtue is not imitation; virtue is creative living. That is, creativeness comes through the freedom which virtue brings; and virtue is not to be cultivated, it does not come through practice or at the end of your life. Either you are virtuous and free now, or you are not. And to find out why you are not free, you must have discontent, you must have the intention, the drive, the energy to encore; but you dissipate that energy sexually, or through shouting political slogans, waving flags, or merely imitating, passing examinations for a better job.

1948 4th Public Talk, Bangalore, India, p. 34 - 35
The Collected Works of J. Krishnamurti

These are the words of krishnamurti when asked in un assembly bout the Young n the Old. DO WE ALL AGREE ???????

I somewhere agry to what he said however ; sensibility n maturateness n responsibility comes on their own.

These are great words. J. Krishnamurti was an under-rated genious and a thought leader.

pscil
June 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
Physical age is based on the linear notion of thinking. When we divide time into artifical constructs of past present and future then the physical age becomes an important factor. If we treat time as eternal then physical age looses its importance and what becomes important is the mental age.The vedanta principle is mind over matter, unlike Sankhya yog by Kapila which is based on matter over mind. Advaita of sankharcharya combines matter and mind into one and treats mind same as matter.Thouights are what govern your being. Thoughts are faster than the speed of light.Quantum physics also does not divide matter. I would like to quote Krishan Bhagwan on the issue of age. "That gathering is incomplete which does not have old people and you cannot become old if you do not fight for justice and against injustice".

rajivsp
June 21st, 2008, 11:04 PM
The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old
A classic bestseller with over two million copies sold! Chopra writes, “People continue to ask me, ‘what is a timeless mind, and how does it influence the biological clock?' More and more, I’ve become convinced that our experience of time directly influences that clock. In moments of transcendence, when time stands still, your biological clock will stop. The spirit is that domain of our awareness where there is no time.” In this inspiring and revealing book, Dr. Chopra combines philosophy, modern health research, biology and quantum science with the ancient wisdom of the seers to demonstrate that the effects of aging are largely preventable.

anilsinghd
June 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
I am jealous of Vikas :p:D lol

Personally;
Best Age : In terms of fun : was 15 ,
In terms of focus : was 19.

Social activation : 22.

Consolidation of work : 23.

Narwal ji bhi likh ke gaye they is taage pe :P , for their information ; I am 24 and a bit :P :D

sunitahooda
June 22nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
I was under impression that yo are somewhere around 18+:p;)
I am jealous of Vikas :p:D lol

Personally;
Best Age : In terms of fun : was 15 ,
In terms of focus : was 19.

Social activation : 22.

Consolidation of work : 23.

Narwal ji bhi likh ke gaye they is taage pe :P , for their information ; I am 24 and a bit :P :D

rkumar
June 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM

Don't know about BLS sir, but most of my friends these days are 20-25 yrs younger to me..

RK^2

anilsinghd
June 22nd, 2008, 11:58 PM

ji dobara birth certificate check kiya to 18 saal , 103 din mili age :D

thanks for correcting me :p:D

VirenderNarwal
June 23rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
ji dobara birth certificate check kiya to 18 saal , 103 din mili age

thanks for correcting me

अनील जी...:mad:..अच्छा करया आप नै के हमें अपणी उमर बतला दी..:thappad..फ़ेर तै..:cool:..तीन साल और इन्तजार कर....:rolleyes:...क्यूंके अभी आप नाबालिग हो..:tamatar..?
इब घर आळा नै और हाम नै..:eek:..उलहाणा ना दियो.;)..के कोई इस सोड में..:rock.. एकला सो कै तो दिखा दो..:boxing:p..?

anilsinghd
June 23rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
na ji sartificate kara tibaara check

ar ibbki baar karya sai kati dekh bhaal ke

ar umar sai 24 saal , 2 mahine , 7 din :(

3 saal overdue ho liya sai :D

ya tai karwa do kimai :rock na to dekh lo :boxing !!!!!!!!!!!

cooljat
June 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
Well, very well explained Gunny bro and also concur with Mark Twain's quote which Poons uttered that as 'Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!' :):)

In my say, assume ur age is 25 yrs, now you can say it in 2 ways -

I'm 25 yrs Old or I'm 25 yrs Young, both way ur right! :)

It says all! :cool:

Rock on
Jit

Age is a myth, who cares whats written in the birth certificate.

Age affects u emotionally and physically only if u let it do that.

Physically: There are people who are 18 but as unfit as a 65 yrs old. would u call them 18 yrs old? I wont!
If someone is 50 but as fit as 20 ? wont u call them young? I will !

Now the second part:

Emotionally: If u are shy and scared to do what u feel like doin ,then u r old and ur time is up.

But if u do what u like doing , then u r 26 or 18 or 15 or whatever.

'I love girls who lie about their age , they have that confidence to live young even if their birth ceritificate and society believes they are old'

Haam tai har ghante alag alag umar aale kaam karre sai.

Kafi log to umar ki chinta me hi umar se pahle hi bhudde ho jate hai:D

bsatal
July 24th, 2008, 11:48 PM
There is a nice book by Dr. Deepak Chopra wherein he says:"People do not grow old-they become old when they stop growing?"

vineetdeswal
July 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
How old people SHOULD really grow upto? ..n apart from this WE MUST have a BOON never to be older than 26 years:pits observed n experienced that its a matter of high pride to be in TEENS & TWENTIES n more than that FAR TOO PROUD of being ONLY 26 a mere female aquaintance thinks that people beyond 26 turn into DEVILS/MORONS/PSYCHOPATHS/NERDS/JERKS/WICKED N ALL GOD DAMNED CRAP.... What's more interesting its believed that people mustn't socialize with younger than their age and by ANY CHANCE if you are older than 20s & 30s then you just HAD IT BUDDY:D:p....Goodness me i still remember when i was about 2-3 years and those sweet memories still roll in my mind and will do till i'm alive. Is it that the 26 year old female has SOME MAGIC n she won't turn older THAN 26;)? If i cud get that MAGICAL BOON please? Cuz soon she'll turn older than 20s then 30s n 40s as days/week/months/years fly and believe me TIME FLIES at a FASTEST pace....then i would LOVE TO ASK HER HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THAT OLD? AND I'M SURE THE REPLY WILL BE>>>> I still feel like playing in my mother's lap and want my father to help me with my first steps....want my Grandfather to take me to trip at new places....still dont want to share my dolls with anyone and still want my sisters to fight one moment and love the next moment. I wish to climb up the tree like a squirrel an chirp like a bird....I WISH TO BE INNOCENT AND SWEET LIKE A KID....ALAS!!!! she takes a deep sigh....I cant do all this because I'VE left my innocence far behind in this race of time and THOUGH I'VE GROWN OLDER TO BE MATURE ENOUGH BUT I LIKE TO MISBEHAVE JUST BECAUSE I'M SUCCESSFUL IN PRETENDING AND SHOWING PEOPLE WHAT I'M NOT....i just win the trust and just spread hatred about people who are older than 26Years....can anyone tell What age is a RIGHT age to be what you want to be n what society wants you to be?

Older you get, it becomes more imp to act your age.

JyotiSandhu
August 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM
According 2 me d best age was d 1 ,when i was in school,those were really golden yrs of my lyf..........v enjoyd a lott....aldo lyf in coll is also cool but school dayz were d best ...........inshort according 2 me d age in which u r in school or coll r d best.............I hav not seen d other aspect of lyf yet ,may b wo bhi acchi ho.....but if i vll get sum magical stick or sumthing like dat then i wud like 2 remain in dis age 4evr;)

Regards
Jyoti Sandhu

sunitahooda
August 10th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Well Vineet when i was a kid i was eager to grow old but now i'm more eager to STAY YOUNG:)
Older you get, it becomes more imp to act your age.

jatchatev
August 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hi.....why fuss about age,which is merely a number.My motto is Age Gracefully & once you believe in this you will never feel different at any age.I feel as comfortable wit a teenager as with seniors in 80s & I can assure you they feel same.I m 60+ and enjoying my semiretired life as much as when I was 25.Golf in morning,work/share trading for few hours during day,bridge/badminton iin evening & socialising/club in late evening.Life is great & I feel Age has not made any difference in my happiness.

bls31
August 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I think we have had some discussion on a similar topic earlier.

26 was left behind in my first unit as a 2nd lieutenant 1in 956, 28 in 1958 when I got married, to my late wife, and time stood still in the year 2000 and month of October when the fellow traveler, who had joined me on 21 November 58 left on her own journey towards the unknown, at least to me. However, time never stops, life is precious and has to be lived in a productive and useful manner and enjoyed. I am still young mentally and not too old physically at 78. However, those of 25 and 26 wish to live till 100 have to plan it now, the life style and the mental makeup can not be changed at the last moment . Good Luck to all . bls

choudharyneelam
September 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
quite interactive thread.....:)

i'm living fully at every age level.....and feels great enough, for all the past learnings, enjoyment, sharing.....always look for the next step ahead with a greater level of charm :)

i cannot fix any age for which u can say that society or your near-dear ones expected u this or that.....its all about living our life, experiencing different modes of it, and then sketching one on your own...filling all different colours one prefer to

i enjoy the company of every age group.....i can make crawling babies smile and make them enjoy by allowing all kind mess they can with me, can play on open roads with little kids, many share teen talks with me, playing pranks with my age group is something very natural, can easily come down to match the understandings with homely ladies, have many good male frens from age-group 40-55 who love to share their experiences of work, family, life, etc....and the best is the senior most group from where i receive endless blessings (though very less in no.).....this is all what teaches me a sense of belongingness

but still i can't decide which age-group is the best, as every group has its own touch of speciality and goodness

choudharyneelam
September 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
what sunita and few other members discussed about, is something that amaze me too....understanding and taking over responsibilities at very young age, which seems out of talk before completing the school life

my (late)nanaji took the entire family's responsibilities at the age of 13 and same was the age of my (late) grandfather when he thought and took the action to play his unforgettable role (still we hear commendable praisings about his great work from different regions)

i only conclude, that what our ancestors/parents were able to perform at the teen age does not come under our understanding level.....we take more time to understand the same way.....and that's b'coz of changing lifestyle, requirements, etc.

baaki....sar par padne ke baad sab seekh jaate hain (fir koi age factor nahin hota)

vivekdh
September 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
sahi batau to muje to pata hi nahi chal raha ki umar se kya farak pada,bachpan se leke aaj tak jo man ko accha lagta hai uss kaam ke piche pad jata hu ussi me timepass ho jata hai. aaj tak naa yu pata chala ki aage kya faddu saa kaam kerna hai or naa hi yaad rehta hai ki past me kya kiya.bus jiye jaa rahe hain jiye jaa rahe hain jindgi ke maje liye jaa rahe hain :)

uditnhe
September 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I am recently going to turn 25 and it might sounds stupid, but I am scared of getting old as I am getting older. I have seen in my experience that as you get old things start getting taken from you, like energy, patience, strength(maybe not mental but physical for sure) and this just is a very scary thought for me.

Al Pacino said in this movie "Any given Sunday", you only realize that you are an adult when you make some adulthood mistakes" or something to that effect and I think it is well said. I cannot imagine how got to me 25(almost..:o) from being a college kid and just taking it easy.

I dnt want to make any particular points just wanted to share my frame of mind.

Thank you

brahmtewatia
September 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I am recently going to turn 25 and it might sounds stupid, but I am scared of getting old as I am getting older. I have seen in my experience that as you get old things start getting taken from you, like energy, patience, strength(maybe not mental but physical for sure) and this just is a very scary thought for me.

Al Pacino said in this movie "Any given Sunday", you only realize that you are an adult when you make some adulthood mistakes" or something to that effect and I think it is well said. I cannot imagine how got to me 25(almost..:o) from being a college kid and just taking it easy.

Thank you

अल पचीनो की भैंस की eyes, हूडा साहेब... थोड़े डंड मारा करो, कभी बूढे नहीं होओगे. :D:D:D

uditnhe
September 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
अल पचीनो की भैंस की eyes, हूडा साहेब... थोड़े डंड मारा करो, कभी बूढे नहीं होओगे. :D:D:D

hahaaaa..... good perspective sir, but I am all fit and fine and have been a sports man for almost 13years now, so physical fitness is not my problem. Never the less age does take things away from you and this fact is inescapable.

sunitahooda
September 24th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I donno Udit....but so far the patience is concerned i've a different opinion as iwas much more patient when i was 17 due to imposed responsibility and being patient for looooooooooong time i realized the patience literally didn't get me ANYTHING....so i'm impatient now and i just go berserk if things dont happen my way:)

Thank you

uditnhe
September 25th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well then let me ask you, without any prejudice, is being impatient getting you any where...??? I used to be a very hot headed and impatient character myself but my experiences have taught me that though being patient is not easy, but just as much necessary.

This is a little off the track, but I think and have experienced that good things happen to those who are patient, never the less it goes without saying that you just cannot be patient......you have to do something and then you have to be patient to get the results you are being patient for.

Just sitting around and not doing anything and calling that being patient is not the correct representation of patience (not that I am saying that you do that in anyway). I just think some times patience is miss-quoted as being lazy and then again yes I do agree sometimes we have to ask for it THERE AND THEN.... to get what we want.

sunitahooda
October 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Udit i overlooked this post....I wish to answer your question raised in this post>Let me ask you, without any prejudice, is being impatient getting you any where...??

Yes, it has got me where i wanted to be as an individual and still getting me to my unquenched thirst of searching "MY IDENTITY" On a serious note let me tell you Being Patient had MADE me what OTHERS wanted me TO BE and being IMPATIENT HAS MADE ME WHAT I REALLY WANT TO BE:) Being IMPATIENT gets me going and live my life with enthusiasm and perform to do the Best to accomplish my goals i've set to achieve happiness and spread happiness around me.

So i'm not hesitating to accept THE FACT that i denied the imposed patience and embraced impatience:)?
Well then let me ask you, without any prejudice, is being impatient getting you any where...??? I used to be a very hot headed and impatient character myself but my experiences have taught me that though being patient is not easy, but just as much necessary.

This is a little off the track, but I think and have experienced that good things happen to those who are patient, never the less it goes without saying that you just cannot be patient......you have to do something and then you have to be patient to get the results you are being patient for.

Just sitting around and not doing anything and calling that being patient is not the correct representation of patience (not that I am saying that you do that in anyway). I just think some times patience is miss-quoted as being lazy and then again yes I do agree sometimes we have to ask for it THERE AND THEN.... to get what we want.

keshavdahiya
October 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I was also under a similar impression about you SHU...:D

keshavdahiya
October 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Udit i overlooked this post....I wish to answer your question raised in this post>Let me ask you, without any prejudice, is being impatient getting you any where...??

Yes, it has got me where i wanted to be as an individual and still getting me to my unquenched thirst of searching "MY IDENTITY" On a serious note let me tell you Being Patient had MADE me what OTHERS wanted me TO BE and being IMPATIENT HAS MADE ME WHAT I REALLY WANT TO BE:) Being IMPATIENT gets me going and live my life with enthusiasm and perform to do the Best to accomplish my goals i've set to achieve happiness and spread happiness around me.

So i'm not hesitating to accept THE FACT that i denied the imposed patience and embraced impatience:)?

are these your thots or you got it written by someone else ?? :p

bls31
October 25th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Thank you

It is all in the mind.What matters is the attitude, It is important to have a positive attitude if you want live a productive and enjoyable life till you live. Yes 25 is a mile stone and so is 40 and so on and one .with so much happening these days I also wish I was 25 once again, I could have done so much which was not possible when I was 25.However, my positive attitude on life makes me feel happy and content with what I am with out worrying that next November I will be one year older. BLS

devdahiya
October 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Very nice and very satisfied........eager to take bigger responsibilities......Life is beautiful as usual......Its all in mind......and i feel on the top of the world.

sunitahooda
October 26th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I knew something like this was coming from you.
are these your thots or you got it written by someone else ?? :p

Fateh
October 27th, 2008, 04:42 AM
A girl/woman is as old as she looks & a boy/man is as old as he thinks. The best age is your present age, enjoy it.