PDA

View Full Version : Why do i still serve you?

navingulia
July 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM
Written by a Fourth generation, 24 year old Career Officer in the Indian Armed Forces, spurred by the report of the 6th pay commission and a heartless article written by a respectable" denizen of our great country in a national daily on the armed forces and the 6th pay commission.

*Why do I still serve you?*

How you play with us, did you ever see?
At Seven, I had decided what I wanted to be;
I would serve you to the end,
All these boundaries I would defend.

Now you make me look like a fool,
When at Seventeen and just out of school;
Went to the place where they made "men out of
boys"
Lived a tough life …sacrificed a few joys…

In those days, I would see my 'civilian' friends,
Living a life with the fashion trends;
Enjoying their so called "College Days"
While I sweated and bled in the sun and haze…
But I never thought twice about what where or why
All I knew was when the time came, I'd be ready to do
or die.

At 21 and with my commission in hand,
Under the glory of the parade and the band,
I took the oath to protect you over land, air or sea,
And make the supreme sacrifice when the need came to be.

I stood there with a sense of recognition,
But on that day I never had the premonition,
that when the time came to give me my due,
You'd just say," What is so great that you
do?"

Long back you promised a well to do life;
And when I'm away, take care of my wife.
You came and saw the hardships I live through,
And I saw you make a note or two,
And I hoped you would realise the worth of me;
but now I know you'll never be able to see,
Because you only see the glorified life of mine,
Did you see the place where death looms all the time?
Did you meet the man standing guard in the snow?
The name of his newborn he does not know...
Did you meet the man whose father breathed his last?
While the sailor patrolled our seas so vast?

You still know I'll not be the one to raise my voice
I will stand tall and protect you in Punjab Himachal and
Thois.

But that's just me you have in the sun and rain,
For now at Twenty Four, you make me think again;
About the decision I made, Seven years back;
Should I have chosen another life, some other track?

Will I tell my son to follow my lead?
Will I tell my son, you'll get all that you need?
This is the country you will serve
This country will give you all that you deserve?

I heard you tell the world "India is shining"
I told my men, that's a reason for us to be smiling
This is the India you and I will defend!
But tell me how long will you be able to pretend?
You go on promise all that you may,
But it's the souls of your own men you betray.

Did you read how some of our eminent citizens
Write about me and ridicule my very existence?
I ask you to please come and see what I do,
Come and have a look at what I go through
Live my life just for a day
Maybe you'll have something else to say?

I will still risk my life without a sigh
To keep your flag flying high
but today I ask myself a question or two…
Oh India…. Why do I still serve you?

Written by a Fourth generation, 24 year old Career Officer in the Indian Armed Forces, spurred by the report of the 6th pay commission and a heartless article written by a respectable" denizen of our great country in a national daily on the armed forces and the 6th pay commission.

ahlwit
July 1st, 2008, 10:23 AM
[quote=navingulia;173939]Written by a Fourth generation, 24 year old Career Officer in the Indian Armed Forces, spurred by the report of the 6th pay commission and a heartless article written by a respectable" denizen of our great country in a national daily on the armed forces and the 6th pay commission.

This is very true brother. very well written
Hats Off

desijat
July 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Seriously, army is the toughest life to live and what hurts more is peanuts an armyman get. Hats off to our soldiers and their sacrifices, wish we could do something for them as well

jitendershooda
July 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM

Touching and true Bhai saab.

Shayad hi ye baatein in netaon ke kano tak pahuchengi ....

ssgoyat
July 1st, 2008, 02:29 PM
agar ye ek officer ki likhi hui hai...

to jawan ki likhi to aur bhi bhayaveh hogi.....

salute to our brave soldiers...

ysjabp
July 1st, 2008, 02:34 PM
beautyful pain
what is the gain
but we serve
why?

ahlwit
July 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
The irony is this that everyone knows about it but our government is not taking any action for the soldiers of this country

ssgoyat
July 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
i was shocked to know that delhi police constable's have better wage structure than our jawan's, who stand by all tough conditions at border..:o

ahlwit
July 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
There was no representative from Defence Forces in the sixth pay commission.
inspite of the demand by the forces for their rep in the pay commission, the government denied their demand
it seems that the government itself is not interested for the defence forces

devdahiya
July 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM
Nice and true sentiments...but who cares.....?

A little more:

When you cried i blead
Sacrificed mine for your head

I forgot months,dates and Climate
Your fate was always my fate
I always pocked an evil eye
So that the Tirangga flies high

For India i die,for India i live without any crib or any shy
I do not know the word called WHY
I thought my goodwill is transparent
But my Soul now has a large dent

No worries, i will still do my best
We will look after you,you look after the rest
For me the country comes first always and every time
It is my bleeding heart,please do not take it as a rhyme.

ahlwit
July 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM
Nice and true sentiments...but who cares.....?

A little more:

When you cried i blead
Sacrificed mine for your head

I forgot months,dates and Climate
Your fate was always my fate
I always pocked an evil eye
So that the Tirangga flies high

For India i die,for India i live without any crib or any shy
I do not know the word called WHY
I thought my goodwill is transparent
But my Soul now has a large dent

No worries, i will still do my best
We will look after you,you look after the rest
For me the country comes first always and every time
It is my bleeding heart,please do not take it as a rhyme.

Very Well said Dev Sir
Bahut badiya

navingulia
July 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
i think it is written somewhere in Geeta, ved etc (have been quoted at times)
1. Soldier is the biggest yogi.
2. A country which does not respect its soldiers (both military and non-military) is bound to be doomed.

navingulia
July 1st, 2008, 08:41 PM
if we dont do something, no one will.
to begin with
1. how much patriotism do we breathe
2. how much patriotism do we radiate
3. with our behavior, how many people do we motivate and enthuse everyday.

ahlwit
July 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
if we dont do something, no one will.
to begin with
1. how much patriotism do we breathe
2. how much patriotism do we radiate
3. with our behavior, how many people do we motivate and enthuse everyday.

Patriotism is to be felt and expressed
how many of our politicians know that which is national anthem and which is national song ?
how many politicians respect the natinonal flag ?
how many people do stand when the national anthem is played ??

devdahiya
July 1st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Patriotism is to be felt and expressed
how many of our politicians know that which is national anthem and which is national song ?
how many politicians respect the natinonal flag ?
how many people do stand when the national anthem is played ??

Agree with you Rahul.That is the truth in fact.

ahlwit
July 1st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Earlier, the Armed Forces was considered as a Noble and Royal profession.
as on date the youth of the country are not willing to join the armed forces. even the retired officers dont motivate their own children to join forces.
the QR's for Officers to join forces is going down as the people required for this noble profession are not willing to join the forces??
Youngesters are attracted more towards MNC's than the armed Forces ??
no step has been taken by the government to attract the people to join forces??
im still unable to understand that how can the government can compromise with the security of the nation ??

VivekGathwala
July 2nd, 2008, 03:30 AM
im still unable to understand that how can the government can compromise with the security of the nation ??

government is compromising ..........still 14 to 15k posts are vacant in armed forces ....and govt wont bother that . and still officers are leaving forces cause they cant get such salary ...and thats why they guys are joining mnc cause they getting higher pay scales there .................................and this is the only reason they dont want to join armed forces .............may in in future they will do ......hope for the best .....hind hamara hai

rajivsp
July 2nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
government is compromising ..........still 14 to 15k posts are vacant in armed forces ....and govt wont bother that .

Do you know anybody who is happy with his job in India, whether its Army or its private/govt. sector or its Farming. We Have habit of criticizing.

I am not sure but still the rejection rate in SSB is more than 85%.

We serve India coz its our motherland.

you serve India coz you are paid for that!!!!!!!!!!!!

from the age of 17 you are availing 5 * facilities on the expenditure of Govt. of India. and Now your are asking Why do I still serve you????????

raj2rif
July 2nd, 2008, 08:11 AM
Do you know anybody who is happy with his job in India, whether its Army or its private/govt. sector or its Farming. We Have habit of criticizing.

from the age of 17 you are availing 5 * facilities on the expenditure of Govt. of India. and Now your are asking Why do I still serve you????????

Dear Rajiv Ji,

1. Firstly, I think SSB is a very comprehensive selection process. They do have a minimu and maximu level lines running parallel to the X axis of the graph. What they look forward for is the one who falls within these lines.

2. Having vacancies in the armed forces does not mean they should select sub standard material for the cost of wrong judgement in armed forces is fatal. All the young people selected to lead the troops in battle have to be selected very carefully. We all will agree that inspite of such a comprehensive selection process we do find some officers found wanting in battle, and even in peace tenures.

3. Regarding Happiness in one's profession. I had said earlier also, and I don't mind repeating it here, I quote, "once a person gets two full meals in a day, happiness is only the state of mind thereafter". Since there is no limit for greed and salfishness, that is why people feel unhappy inspite of having best of means available. Once we start thinking of doing our share of duties and not concentrating only on our entitlements, I think life would be much happier.

There is a lot one can write on this subject, but for the time being, I must conclude. More next time.

navingulia
July 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
brother rajeev paweria
you are so wrong that it makes me smile
1. i wish you could stand at a place where a bullet can tear your face into shreds anytime and to know what it feels like being there.
2. and the best mention you will get in the news next day will be "2 terrorists and two army men killed". your death will be mentioned in same breath as terrorists.
3. your family will fight and divide over the 10lakh they get for your death.
4. your young wife will go away leaving your old parents to fend for themselves.
5. your child will never know what a dad is.

Out of my course mates who passed out (i was casuality in a training accident), there are so many who are dead (where as we live on, ungreatful) , there are so many who have had their leg torn off to shreds by a landmine, those who are in wheelchairs, recently i met a young newly married officer with only one arm, i met a soldier from a village in Leh who has lost both his arms, both his eyes and his hearing power.
5* luxuries?????
my smile is still there :)

navingulia
July 2nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
this is the soldier from Leh i was talking about , ya remem his name Jigmet Namgyal
and we have a million like him
i joined army at 17, at 21 i was in a wheelchair and my disability pension which i got after pursuing proper channels for two years is 2,600 Rs and when i was in hospital for 2yrs and my father attending to me, a baniya occupied our house (only property we had) and put a case on us in court saying that me and my dad are musclemen with political connections and trying to vacate him, a legal tenant, by force.. i have no complaints, never had, but baba atleast dont tell me that army soldiers are having 5star life.
the govt and people might be ungrateful but you are now wanting the soldiers to feel guilty of their luxurious life.

ahlwit
July 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM

i am yet to see the 5* facilities

VivekGathwala
July 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
[quote=rajivsp;174065]Do you know anybody who is happy with his job in India, whether its Army or its private/govt. sector or its Farming. We Have habit of criticizing.

well brother .......i dont know what to say u but after ur reply ...i got to know that u have some other kind of head case .....

hahahahahha , you serve India coz you are paid for that!!!!!!!!!!!!..

in the age of 17 when u were chilling around with your friends .........forces chaps are on the drillll getting tougher (to save ur motherland )

they guys have given a per note that we will take life to save motherland and we will give our life to save mother land at the age of 20 .......(which is yours brother )

VivekGathwala
July 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
and plz let me know what u have done to serve your motherland

what did u done ....elooborate here in the thread

mukeshkumar007
July 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
[B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#0000ff]1. Firstly, I think SSB is a very comprehensive selection process. They do have a minimu and maximu level lines running parallel to the X axis of the graph. What they look forward for is the one who falls within these lines.

2. Having vacancies in the armed forces does not mean they should select sub standard material for the cost of wrong judgement in armed forces is fatal. All the young people selected to lead the troops in battle have to be selected very carefully. .

Though don't know about the past but at present in many cases a non-deserving candidate gets selected over a deserving one. Don't know where the fault lies but have seen personally when a 4th time repeater in SSB Allahabaad got selected though he hardly carry any of the OLQs in his personality whereas on other side there were some enough gud candidates in the same group but got rejected. And it is not like that it happens in a rare case, it's a common phenomenon now a days.

Now ppl say that who are we to decide whether a person who is selected is deserving or non-deserving, then I want to say that if a person is zero when it comes to knowledge and communication skills, and it is just because of him that group failed to perform well as he hardly co-operated with others and when it comes to physical strength then I don't think he was so good then any other in his group. So when such a candidate gets selected then I don't think that one require lots of calculations to know how the person he is.

One side they talk about 15 OLQs (Officers like qualities) and say we look for these qualities in a candidate but on other side they select such a person who hardly carry any quality and reject easily a person who has some guts. One can see how disappointing it could be for others. It's not like this that youth is not willing to join armed forces but when they see such a partiality in selection process none of them come back next time for the interview.

mukeshkumar007
July 2nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
brother rajeev paweria
you are so wrong that it makes me smile
1. i wish you could stand at a place where a bullet can tear your face into shreds anytime and to know what it feels like being there.
2. and the best mention you will get in the news next day will be "2 terrorists and two army men killed". your death will be mentioned in same breath as terrorists.
3. your family will fight and divide over the 10lakh they get for your death.
4. your young wife will go away leaving your old parents to fend for themselves.
5. your child will never know what a dad is.

Out of my course mates who passed out (i was casuality in a training accident), there are so many who are dead (where as we live on, ungreatful) , there are so many who have had their leg torn off to shreds by a landmine, those who are in wheelchairs, recently i met a young newly married officer with only one arm, i met a soldier from a village in Leh who has lost both his arms, both his eyes and his hearing power.
5* luxuries?????
my smile is still there :)

I don't think it could be explained better then this. No body care for the soldier, neither public nor the government.

rajivsp
July 2nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Dear Tavathia Sir,

I would love to listen more about this topic. Its your kindness and our fortune that you are taking time out of your busy schedule andsharing your valuable opinions with us.

Thanks and regards

rajiv

ahlwit
July 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Though don't know about the past but at present in many cases a non-deserving candidate gets selected over a deserving one. Don't know where the fault lies but have seen personally when a 4th time repeater in SSB Allahabaad got selected though he hardly carry any of the OLQs in his personality whereas on other side there were some enough gud candidates in the same group but got rejected. And it is not like that it happens in a rare case, it's a common phenomenon now a days.

Now ppl say that who are we to decide whether a person who is selected is deserving or non-deserving, then I want to say that if a person is zero when it comes to knowledge and communication skills, and it is just because of him that group failed to perform well as he hardly co-operated with others and when it comes to physical strength then I don't think he was so good then any other in his group. So when such a candidate gets selected then I don't think that one require lots of calculations to know how the person he is.

One side they talk about 15 OLQs (Officers like qualities) and say we look for these qualities in a candidate but on other side they select such a person who hardly carry any quality and reject easily a person who has some guts. One can see how disappointing it could be for others. It's not like this that youth is not willing to join armed forces but when they see such a partiality in selection process none of them come back next time for the interview.

No partiality is being carried out at the SSB
There are certain Qualities which the board looks for as u mentioned OLQ's.
it may seem to any one that an individual is fit and have those qualities
but the SS is designed in a manner where no all individuals are scanned throughly
it is the only procedure which has been in voguge since years and no other organisation spends so much money on selection procedure as the SSB does
their integrity is beyond doubt

rajivsp
July 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Dear Navin Bhai

Thanks for showing me the mirror. My post was only for those commissioned officers of our armed forces (not all), who got selected in NDA at the age of 17, And still unhappy.

( Second hand informations I got from my cousin who got commissioned in Navy after NDA, then done engineering, then MBA from Singapore and most of the time all expenses was in our defence account).

with warm regards

Rajiv

PS : You are great instead of becoming angry, you smiled on my post. Keep it up.

rajivsp
July 2nd, 2008, 11:49 PM
[quote=rajivsp;174065]

in the age of 17 when u were chilling around with your friends .........forces chaps are on the drillll getting tougher (to save ur motherland )

and plz let me know what u have done to serve your motherland

what did u done ....elooborate here in the thread

Sorry Angry Young Man

Right now I am unable to answer all your question. In future I will.........

For time being the only thing I can say " our motherland not mine".

Thanks and Regards

rajiv

VivekGathwala
July 3rd, 2008, 12:25 AM
yeh you are right rajeev its our motherland .........not of any individuals

regards
vivek

rajivsp
July 3rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Dear Tavathia Sir

If you dont' mind, I request you to answer a question of mine, because you are the only person who can answer it in a practical way without being emotional.

How many persons are joining armed forces to serve our nation and if they have some better option in terms of money/flexibility still they will join? I know there is shortage of officers, and that is the answer of my question, but still I want to know some rough figure i.e. 10% really ready to die or ready to tolerate all hardships explained in thread.

And as I have seen most of the Majors or Colonels are taking voluntary retirement, If they become General, still they would like to quit. I heard that General is like a king.

I raise this question because many engineers are also invited for SSB, and most of them wanted to join army for good salary and better life style only, it is my personal experience.

Sorry to bother you again.

with warm regards

Rajiv

ygulia
July 3rd, 2008, 04:03 AM
Dear Tavathia Sir

If you dont' mind, I request you to answer a question of mine, because you are the only person who can answer it in a practical way without being emotional.

How many persons are joining armed forces to serve our nation and if they have some better option in terms of money/flexibility still they will join? I know there is shortage of officers, and that is the answer of my question, but still I want to know some rough figure i.e. 10% really ready to die or ready to tolerate all hardships explained in thread.

And as I have seen most of the Majors or Colonels are taking voluntary retirement, If they become General, still they would like to quit. I heard that General is like a king.

I raise this question because many engineers are also invited for SSB, and most of them wanted to join army for good salary and better life style only, it is my personal experience.

with warm regards

Rajiv

If you like this career then go for it. Everyone is doing service to the nation in one form or another. It is another thing that career in Armed Forces and teaching are considered noble professions.

rajivsp
July 3rd, 2008, 04:16 AM
I liked it very much but alas I didnt' have required OLQs. And now I am too old to join Army. Anyways thanks a lot for your kind advice.

with warm regards

rajiv

navingulia
July 3rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
bhai rajeev
in army there is something called as regimentation, you are trained and motivated to die not only for country but for the honour of your comrades in arms and your regiment.
if you visit some regiments, especially fighting arms, you will be amazed to see how many soldiers and officers are willing to die.
no body will charge against a hail of bullets even if you give him 1 lakh rs, he will give you 2 lakh and ask you to go. only motivation and honor of your colleagues who are dying around you, and honor of regt and country can motivate you to charge against bullets.
again my personal views, no claims of correctness.
bhai rajeev, you are expressing your views from where you see it, ssb, job and dying in war are very different scenarios.

ahlwit
July 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Dear Tavathia Sir

with warm regards

Rajiv

Rajiv ji,
there are so many officers who join defence forces not for money but for pride and honour attached with it. it is totally a different feeling of commanding respect from the men.
i know so many officers of the defence forces who have got a well established family buisness and there is no requirement for them to join forces to earn their living, but they join for the pride and honour attached with the uniform.
there are many officers , specially maj and col's and equivalent who wants to quit forces and join the multinationals. this feeling has not just come overnight. everybody wants to expand himself and wants a prosperous life. no doubt that the defence forces gives u this opportunity but there are certain reforms which are to be carried out and the government has to take sum action if they really want to reatin ofiicers back.

navingulia
July 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
failing or passing in ssb is no big deal. i passed in 1991 and there were people 10 times more intelligent than me who did not. even if i wouldnot have cleared wouldnt have made me lesser.
if one wants to serve there are innumerous ways. i did 4 yrs rigorous training besides ssb too, and i dont remember even one day that i might have regretted. like i say, i feel there is a much much bigger war to be won in the society, a war with ourselves.
And sitting here, i know, there are more chances of me dying before seeing any success (its a big big war) but still i would prefer dying with those dreams, rather than living without them. (see my signature)

ahlwit
July 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
failing or passing in ssb is no big deal. i passed in 1991 and there were people 10 times more intelligent than me who did not. even if i wouldnot have cleared wouldnt have made me lesser.
if one wants to serve there are innumerous ways. i did 4 yrs rigorous training besides ssb too, and i dont remember even one day that i might have regretted. like i say, i feel there is a much much bigger war to be won in the society, a war with ourselves.
And sitting here, i know, there are more chances of me dying before seeing any success (its a big big war) but still i would prefer dying with those dreams, rather than living without them. (see my signature)

Good Josh Navin
keep it up

ravindra.singh
July 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
I slaute the Indian forces.

But I am not agree with this thread....Army officers get very good salaries, with subsidised canteens, 2-3 servants....free air and train tickets...almost free drinks and clubs....AND if you calculate the cost, it is much much higher than anyone who works for a private company...

This dis-satifaction is coming bcz " doosre ki thali mein ghee jyada dikhta hai.."

For the last 35 years...we havnt been any big war....so most of the officers retire without shooting a bullet on enemy....

This is not for hurting anyone....but this is true and facts based...

rajivsp
July 3rd, 2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks a lot brothers, I hope in few days I will know lots about our defence forces, Laxman Sir also started a new Thread "Know your soldiers". Thank you sir.

I hope all these informations will inspire us, and we will be more sincere and dedicated towards our duties.

We study stories of our heroes in books from childhood, stories of Bhagat Singh, Maharan Pratap, Bose, Shivaji and many many many more....... But in real life (life of a civilians like me) never get a chance to meet similar personalities.......

But sure in Our Army we can see those personalities........

Hope this thread will be continued and tell more about our soldiers......

Jai Hind Ki Sena

navingulia
July 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
kya yaar kuchh bhi likh dete ho

blue star(1984) 1000+ casualities
srilanka(1987) 1000+ casualities
kargil(1999) 1000+ casualities

ci ops ever since 1991 indian army is losing 1.5 soldiers everyday

are you joking mere bhai.

dusre ki thaali ka ladduu bada dikhta hai per bhai aapko to army waalon ki rukhi roti bhi radak rahi hai, khaane do bichaaron ko.

ahlwit
July 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM

But I am not agree with this thread....Army officers get very good salaries, with subsidised canteens, 2-3 servants....free air and train tickets...almost free drinks and clubs....AND if you calculate the cost, it is much much higher than anyone who works for a private company...

This dis-satifaction is coming bcz " doosre ki thali mein ghee jyada dikhta hai.."

For the last 35 years...we havnt been any big war....so most of the officers retire without shooting a bullet on enemy....

Ravinder singh ji
i dont know which armed forces are u talking about
none of the officer purchases items from cantenn for not more than Rs 1500 in a month. the canteen facilities are used more by the civilians then the defence personnel
air ticket is free at a senior stage
rail ticket is free only once ina year
ask those who have to travel six days on foot and then two days in a convoy to reach nearest railway station and then also they dont get a confirmed ticket
free drinks are hardly any
club fees is also charged

i have many frens in forces and this is the fact

rajivsp
July 3rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
You stay up for 16 hours;
He stays up for days on end.
You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.
You complain of a 'headache', and call in sick.
He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.
You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet
up with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.
You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again..
You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.
You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.
Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.
You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.
You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.
You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.
You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if
they'll ever meet.
You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and
remembers why he is fighting.
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.
You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does exactly what he is told even if it puts his life in danger.
You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.
You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.
If you support your troops, send this to 7 people.
If you don't support your troops well, then don't send this out. You
won't die in 7 days, your love life won't be affected, and you won't
have the worst day ever. You don't have to email this. It's not like
you know the men and women that are dying to preserve your rights.

rajivsp
July 4th, 2008, 12:09 AM
i know so many officers of the defence forces who have got a well established family buisness and there is no requirement for them to join forces to earn their living, but they join for the pride and honour attached with the uniform.

Absolutely True, for example our Jaipur Maharaja served in Indian Army.

rajivsp
July 4th, 2008, 01:07 AM
One more question very much related to our national pride. As far as I know Major Dhyan Chand and Milkha Singh were the greatest sports stars of our army/nation.

Despite our armed forces are one of the best in the world, why Our hockey is dying, why there is no another Udan Sikh?

In civilian life there is fight for survival, But I dont think in Army it is there.

ahlwit
July 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM
You stay up for 16 hours;
He stays up for days on end.
You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.
You complain of a 'headache', and call in sick.
He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.
You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet
up with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.
You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
You talk trash about your 'buddies' that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again..
You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.
You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.
Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.
You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.
You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.
You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.
You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if
they'll ever meet.
You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and
remembers why he is fighting.
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.
You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does exactly what he is told even if it puts his life in danger.
You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.
You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.
If you support your troops, send this to 7 people.
If you don't support your troops well, then don't send this out. You
won't die in 7 days, your love life won't be affected, and you won't
have the worst day ever. You don't have to email this. It's not like
you know the men and women that are dying to preserve your rights.

very true Rajiv Ji :):)

ahlwit
July 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
One more question very much related to our national pride. As far as I know Major Dhyan Chand and Milkha Singh were the greatest sports stars of our army/nation.

Despite our armed forces are one of the best in the world, why Our hockey is dying, why there is no another Udan Sikh?

In civilian life there is fight for survival, But I dont think in Army it is there.

The Defence Forces have given very good sportsmen to the nation in various sports.
however, things have changed now.
It is not so that there are not good players in the forces but most of them fall prey to the politics being played outside, for which they are not trained.
Secondly, due to shortage of men and officers, it is difficult to spare them from the work

devdahiya
July 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM
We all serve for our survival first...pride comes much later.....Every one in this country who is doing an honest job...be him/her a shopkeeper,a barber,a carpenter,a police man,an auto driver,a laborer,an IAS or any Babu,a kissan or a house wife........IS DOING A SERVICE TO THE NATION.......as regards to the degree of difficulties are concerned ..........Look at the Hydero power Companies in Himachal and Arunachal........Working conditions are much more challenging...also see the construction workers building multi storey buildings........the very site sends the chill in the spine of an onlooker.

Yes Defense forces operate in tough conditions...at least 30-40 percent all the times and the cause is noble and hense some deserved respect associated with the profession.Again it will depend upon the performance and moral standards of the Officer cadre in times to come as to how much respect the nation will pay..........But yes The salaries and perks are not bad....but not attractive enough to attract correct inputs.

ssgoyat
July 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Well, if we're talking about officers...Why do i serve......ha ha ha...hansi aati hai....matlab pay comission milega to hi .......

It's only the infantry jawans n officers, jo naveen bhai dwara likhi gai conditions me jyada rehte
hain.....infantry batallains eg. (rajput, jat, rajputana,punjab,gorkha,sikh, JKLI, Rashtriya rifles, and many more) and how much this constitues from the otherwise "thaath - baath" ke liye aane wale so called is dairy ko likhne wale officers.

Please don't male it applicable to all officers, only a handful of officers are into this condition..PLEASE GIVE THE PERCENTAGE of fighting n non figting forces ratio of officers...?????

baaki is vishay me kaafi kuch likhna chahunga.......

aur agar wo so called dairy wala officer agar fighting forces ka hai to theek uski baat jayaz hai...

nahi to agar use paise hi chahiye the to usne force kyun join ki.........aur abb bhagne ko kyunn tayyar hai.....aur mauka milte hi bhagega wo....aajkal jitne officers bharti nahi ho paa rahe hain, us se jyada.....paise ko dekh ke premature retirement le ke bhaag rahe hain...AB UNKA PRIDE aur DUTY TO SERVE the nation, motherland....kahaan gaya....

aur dusari taraf non-fighting forces ke officers hain, jo 5 * facilities avail karte hain..aur bina goli chalaye retire ho jate hain....aur log unhe figting forces wala fauzy samajthe hain....ki pata nahi kitni golian chalayi, khaai hongi aur operations kiye honge....

this topic has been diluted...

agar pay comission ki baat karni hai to... compare karna hai, to ek jawan aur officer ko karo.....
aur agar Pride, Esteem, loyality ki baat karni hai to, ek non-fighting forces ke premature retirement lene wale officer ko, jo private sector me lucratives offers ke liye , army ke kharche pe management courses karte hain MDI, IIM'S etc se aur bhaag lete hain....paise ke chakar me, apne so called desprem ko chhodkar...

aur ek fighting forces ke officer se compare karo, jo vastavikta me apne farz, imaan, aur motherland ke liye tough conditions me rehte hain, goliyaan khaate hain, aur shaheed hote hain....

navinbhai, tewatia sir,ahlawat bhai, dahiya sir...pls correct me if i'm wrong....and throw some more light....to let the ppls know the reality n facts..

AGAIN SALUTE TO ALL (ARMY/NAVY/IAF/BSF) OFFICERS AND JAWANS, Who are there at the borders all day n night to insure that we ppl could sleep safe.....

devdahiya
July 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Sateynder...unfortunately people in the civil just do not know as to how our forces work.This is very unfortunate indeed.You can not be blamed AT ALL BECAUSE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS DANGEROUS THING.

Let me have my say in most s pacific manner:

Why we call jawans as becharas and feel that officers are stupid: This is very poor mind set outside the fence.how can one even think of a comparison between these two Categories? They have different qualifications and very different role in the organization.NO BODY IS BECHARA AT ALL.All get paid and looked after as per the Rank and role one plays.Officers do not carry any ill-will for the jawans...in fact they take pride in their training and other activities.

There is no 5* culture any where in army/navy /airforce........Its stupid to even feel that way.In my 32 years of long service,i never got that 5* treatment.......Very sad that people just throw their ignorance in plenty out here.

Services officers are no less hard pressed.....gone are the days when you could move freely....today in 90 % of India one has to move with personal weapon on...there are insurgencies and disturbances every where......In fact services officer has to Do patrolling and road openings in addition to his technical duties.Again a misconception.Services officers are every where..in RR,In Assam Rifles,In staff and on the move.Please get a clear insight into the things before making your knowledge public.

There are no body outside waiting for Service officers in the corporate world.......In fact 70% are the Infantry officers who are leaving army and most of them who are doing those courses at MDI etc are infantarians....and mind you only 20% people are getting some dignified jobs........SO please do not say that officers who take pre-mature retirement are greedy or selfish.........They are taking retirement after doing solid 20 years..which is no short span in years.And each individual has his/her preferences in life ...and HOW CAN YOU TAKE AWAY THAT RIGHT FROM FORCES OFFICERS.Defense forces are still the best service available to the youth provided he/she is ready to lump a little pain and separation.Govt is doing a lot for the welfare of defense forces and we just can not say that Govt is not doing enough.

Also sateynder, What a stupid statement you made saying.......MDI MEIN FAUZ KE KHARCHE SE COURSE KARTE HEIN.........bhai aur kiske kharche se karna chahiye......kya jabardasti karte hein........they go by rules set out by the Govt. Aur jabb unhonein Faujj mein ittani lambi naukkari karri hei tou resettlement CRPF kyun kreggi..? Please for God sake do not get carried away and make such kinda statement which appear childish( You are a budding young man..please read more about life and say things only when you are accurate and with details...else bakk-2 tou bahut karte hein....kindly remove these hatreds from your mind)

This talk of Pay Commission...etc is just a eye wash.....problems in the forces are of different types and magnitude rather than just the pay and perks.........It needs overhauling but Question is who will do that...?Time has its own set of principles and will apply itself appropriately and diligently.

rajivsp
July 4th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks Dahiya sir for enlighten us. But I also heard that Jawans are exploited by officers in force and they are forced to look after their Gaay-Bhais(cows-buffalo)..........

with warm regards

rajiv

rajivsp
July 5th, 2008, 01:17 AM
SORRY SAM, WE INDIANS NEED TO HANG OUR HEADS IN SHAME

The passing away of the only Indian to be appointed Field Marshal when in active service has been remarkable for the warmth of the ordinary men and women, who queued up to say meebeenamet (http://eng.proz.com/kudoz/persian_to_english/other/170539-meebeenamett.html) to the adorable dikra who put his life on the line for them.
It has also been remarkable for the complete lack of grace and gratitude, civility and courtesy, decency and decorum on the part of the bold-faced names rapaciously grazing the lawns of power in Delhi and elsewhere, for the brain behind India's only decisive military victory.
Sam, the Bahadur, had been unwell for a while now. From about 1000 hours on June 26, reports of his being 'critically ill (http://in.rediff.com/news/2008/jun/26sam.htm)' had appeared in the media. Yet, when the 'expected tocsin' sounded at 0030 hours till the guns were fired in salute around 1500 hours on June 27, 'civil society' chose to show its incivility.

Pratibha Patil, the commander-in-chief of the armed forces with all the time in the world: Absent
Hamid Ansari: Vice-president releasing books and writing reviews of books by fellow-travellers: Absent
Manmohan Singh, the prime minister who could do with a bit of the field marshal's charisma and heroism: Absent
Sonia Gandhi: daughter-in-law of the woman the field marshal called 'sweetie': Absent
L K Advani: prime minister in waiting of the party which would like to do to Pakistan what Manekshaw did: Absent
M Karunanidhi and Surjit Singh Barnala: chief minister and governor of the state which Manekshaw had made his home for 35 years: Absent

rajivsp
July 5th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Politicians may have their reasons. They always do. Maybe, there are issues like protocol. Maybe, this is one way in which 'civil India' shows the armed forces its place. Maybe, this is why we are not as militaristic as Pakistan. Maybe, the knees are just too old to climb the hills.
But what about the armed forces itself?

A K Antony: the defense minister 'now behaving like the chairman of the confederation of the armed forces' trade unions: absent 'due to prior political engagements'.
The chief of army staff: absent (away in Russia)
The chief of navy staff: absent
The chief of air staff (incidentally, a Parsi): absent

The fact that the defense minister was represented by his deputy Pallam Raju, the fact that the navy and air staff sent two-star general rank officers, shows that however high or mighty, however rich or powerful, civilian or military, if you should die as you must, you should do so somewhere in the vicinity of New Delhi -- or Bombay. Or else, they must have some use for you.
Or else, too bad.
As he rightly surmised once: 'I wonder whether those of our political masters who have been put in charge of the defence of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla -- although a great many of them in the past have resembled the latter.'
The contrast couldn't be starker:

When Amitabh Bachchan was ill after being socked in the stomach during the shooting of Coolie, Indira Gandhi flew down to Bombay to show her concern.
When Dhirubhai Ambani died, L K Advani cut short his Gujarat tour to pay his respects to an 'embodiment of initiative, enterprise and determination'.
When Pramod Mahajan was shot dead by his brother, Vice President Bhairon Singh Shekawat had the time to attend the funeral.

Our VIPs and VVIPs have time for dead and dying celebrities, charlatans, fixers. Not for a field marshal?
In his biography of K M Cariappa, the only other field marshal India has had (and who too died at age 94), the son writes of his father's cremation in May 1993:
'Honouring him in death as they did in life were Field Marshal Manekshaw, the three service chiefs all of whom belonged to the same course and at whose passing out parade from the joint services wing father had presided, the gracious chief minister M Veerappa Moily and C K Jaffer Sharief, Minister for Railways representing the President as the supreme commander of the armed forces.'
Somebody should have told the geniuses in Delhi that Sam, the Bahadur, passed away in Wellington, Ooty, not Wellington, New Zealand. The nearest civil airport is Coimbatore, just 80 km away.
If this is how we say goodbye to Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw, any wonder why Rang de Basanti could successfully tap into the angst of an entire generation?

navingulia
July 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
sainder and rajeev, what you are saying is 'hearsay'. you cannot possibly understand the ground reality unless you put foot there.

service officers also fight and die (what wrong impression you have calling them bad names), a service offr has to serve first 2yrs in infantry and toughest terrain and insurgency areas, after that also they get posted to RR in kashmir and they dont supply food and ammo in 5* hotels, they do that to troops in all terrain and war.
my close friend and junior 'lt amit varma' left mba and joined army to die fighting kargil a few months later, he was in supply core.

when we were ordered out at 2am in peak cold for a countup, we were all dirtiest/choicest abuses for our senior/officer who ordered us out. the job is tough, juniors will only have abuses and grudges be it jawans or officers. that kind of an absolute authority is required to carry out the tough job of ordering your men to die and kill. you cannot make a parliament there where everyone will voice his grudges.

gaganjat
July 5th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Only loosers can be jealous of the facilities our soldiers are getting. Infact we should raise our voice to get better money and facilities for our soldiers.

Others like us are contributing but indirectly.

ssgoyat
July 5th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Again misinterpretation of facts...

The discussion was between fighting forces officers and rest of army officers (jo do saal RR kaatne ke baad, baaki poori umar ASC ke scandels me lage rehte hain)..

also the wide gap between the facilty n monetary benifits between soldier and officer..

Again let me remind you: delhi police constables are getting better pay structure than our soldiers..

rest burning issues are:-
fake encounters by officers to get medals (aur jabki ek sipahi ko jab medal milta hai to use 3 din ashok hotel me rakhkar president se medal dilwakar, baaki poori zindagi baisakhi aur bed pe nikaalta hai, uske parivar, bachchon ko koi puchne wala nahi hota...), army scandels, misuse of goverment machinery, ketchup colonel, misuse of their powers, rising frustration levels of soldiers in disturbed area (they kill their officers), humilitation of women officers by male officers....
premature retirement of IAF pilot...

These issues are now being shown to common public through movies, hope you would have seen "Shaurya"...

and let once the pay commsion out, fir aap dekh hi lena kitne des premi officers premature retirement lene ke liye bhaagenge....

aur kitne deshpremi abhi bhaag rahe hain aur kitne bharti ho rahe hain...aur kitne hazaron officers ki shortage hai..

No doubts our SSB selection procedure is the best (yo diary likhan ala bera na kyukkar likad gaya:mad:), but aajkal deshpremi nahi mil rahe hain...aur jo deshpremi abhi recently 3-4 saal se gaye hain, wo apni dairy me likh rahe hain "Why do i still serve you......":thappad

"Written by a Fourth generation, 24 year old Career Officer in the Indian Armed Forces, spurred by the report of the 6th pay commission"

it's not the only about defence officer, it's also about the bright engineering graduates who join "BARC, NTPC, GAIL,DRDO,ISRO,CSIR etc....scientists n engineers ...they also could have got better pay packets in private domain, and their demands are more right n genuine....

devdahiya
July 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Sateynder....it is not uncommon knowledge for public what you are trying to post here.it will be foolish on my part to try educate you on issues not on the very subject being discussed but also on how to put across your point in a public place so as to appear sensible and correct.

As per you all officers are stupid and corrupt and are not required...only jawans are needed and that all officers are exploiter of this nation and need to be hanged ...only jawans to be worshiped........please do not try to put words in the mouth of peole who have served with pride and with a kind of dignity and honesty that you might have not even dreamt in your life.........very poor taste and equally pathetic language........which family,clan or group does not have a handful of undesired people...........look closely in your own domain.............calling names to brave people just to take out your frustration will not make you any better......a few handfuls might sing your songs for such negative and rubish write ups but any one with a little common sense will understand your state of mind and pitty your knowledge and way of adressing an issue in public forum.I wish you Wisdom and lots of it please.

navingulia
July 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM
bhai satinder, 'shaurya' movie mere ek nda ke coursemate ne banaai hai. he was with me in NDA and was discharged for forgery and indiscipline. the movie idea is a copy from 'a few good men' a holliwood movie.
you are basing your opinion on a movie and hearsay. you are building on a self satisfying story.
let us leave the army alone and do what little we can for the society. Army is managing its work well.
you cannot understand a soldiers life unless you become one, you cannot understand an officers life unless you become one, he cannot go about appeasing his juniors, he has to order them.
ek company ke security guard, software engineer aur ceo ki salary and working conditions same nahin hoti hain.

bharti
July 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
This story by Karan Thapar adds few more reasons to the said topic.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=3236dd5b-2690-4d31-8a1f-932baf1f01ac

ssgoyat
July 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Sateynder....it is not uncommon knowledge for public what you are trying to post here.it will be foolish on my part to try educate you on issues not on the very subject being discussed but also on how to put across your point in a public place so as to appear sensible and correct.

As per you all officers are stupid and corrupt and are not required...only jawans are needed and that all officers are exploiter of this nation and need to be hanged ...only jawans to be worshiped........please do not try to put words in the mouth of peole who have served with pride and with a kind of dignity and honesty that you might have not even dreamt in your life.........very poor taste and equally pathetic language........which family,clan or group does not have a handful of undesired people...........look closely in your own domain.............calling names to brave people just to take out your frustration will not make you any better......a few handfuls might sing your songs for such negative and rubish write ups but any one with a little common sense will understand your state of mind and pitty your knowledge and way of adressing an issue in public forum.I wish you Wisdom and lots of it please.

When did i say so, all officers are corrupt and should be hanged, and blah blah blah...????

Again misinterpretation of facts...

For other Government Scientists & Engineers
DRDO:Why do i still make missiles..weapons, tanks, air defence systems...???

ISRO:Why do i still make satellites..???

ARMY AMC Officers: Why do we still operate injured soldiers..??

BARC:Why do i still make india a nuclear self-reliant..??

BRO:Why do i still make make better roads on borders....??

IARI:Why do i still make better seeds, pesticides, agri development..??

IIV:Why do i still research on medicines, viruses...???

BELL, HAL: Why do i still make helicopters, planes...??

METRO: Why do i still make metro..???

B&R: Why do i still make roads n bridges..???

ONGC,SAIL, GAIL, etc: Why do we still work in tough condtions in remote areas..??

NTPC, HPGC: Why do still we make power for india...??

and lot's of WHY WHY WHY.....hue n cry ....by govt. officers (scientists n enginners)...

Aren't their demand more genine...

OR SHOULD THEY TOO STOP SERVING THE NATION................:rock:rock

The pay commission recommondations should take care of their otherwise well carrier growth, which they could have got, but they choose to serve their motherland.....and they shouldn't feel trapped...

and What is the alternative carrier path of a othewise defence officer, those who doesn't undergo resettlement carrier programmes sponsered by government , IIM's, MDI's, and that too while upon retirement????

and isn't our government paying separate perks n allowances to defence officers who are in the insurgency areas....??????????????????????????

what about those above mentioned government scientists n engineers, they aren't paid such allowances...??????? (except government medical doctors, who get separate non-practising allowances)

Please reply as per the above questions??? (and that too, if you have the answers, rather than diverting the topic) and also refrain making any personal comments, if you can't answer

To be continued..........(upon necessacity, and if i find some time to reply:D)

Nice thread....

ssgoyat
July 6th, 2008, 11:46 PM
This story by Karan Thapar adds few more reasons to the said topic.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=3236dd5b-2690-4d31-8a1f-932baf1f01ac

nice link bhartiji....aisa hi hota hai ek sache deskbhakt ke saath, durbhagya hai......par jo farzi hote hain, wo dairies likhte hain, and are more concerned about the monetary benifits, rahter than.....:thappad

Lt. Saurabh Kalia of 4 JAT Regiment of the Indian Army laid down his
life at the young age of 22 for the nation while guarding the
frontiers at Kargil.
His parents, indeed the Indian Army and nation itself,
lost a dedicated, honest and brave son.
He was the first officer to detect and inform about
Pakistani intrusion. Pakistan captured him and his patrol party of 5
brave men alive on May 15, 1999 from the Indian side of LOC.
They were kept in captivity for three weeks and
subjected to unprecedented brutal torture, evident from their bodies handed over
by Pakistan Army on June 9, 1999.
The Pakistanis indulged in dastardly acts of inflicting burns on these Indian officers with cigarettes, piercing their ears with hot rods, removing their eyes before puncturing them and breaking most of the bones and teeth.
They even chopped off various limbs and private organs of the Indian soldiers besides inflicting unimaginable physical and mental torture.

After 22 days of torture, the brave soldiers were ultimately shot dead. A detailed post-mortem report is with the Indian Army. Pakistan dared to humiliate India this way flouting all international norms.
They proved the extent to which they can degrade humanity. However, the Indian soldiers did not break while undergoing all this unimaginable barbarism, which speaks volumes of their patriotism, grit, determination, tenacity and valour - something all of India should be proud of.
Sacrificing oneself for the nation is an honour every soldier would be proud of, but no parent, army or nation can accept what happened to these brave sons of India. I am afraid every parent may think twice to send their child in the armed forces if we all fall short of our duty in safeguarding the PRISONERS OF WAR AND LET THEM MEET THE FATE OF LT.SAURABH KALIA.
It may also send a demoralising signal to the army personnel fighting for the Nation that our POWs in Pak cannot be taken care of. It is a matter of shame and disgust that most of Indian Human Rights Organisations by and large, showed apathy in this matter.

International Human Rights Organizations must be approached to expose and pressure Pakistan to identify, book and punish all those who perpetrated this heinous crime to our men in uniform.

If Pakistan is allowed to go unpunished in this case, we can only imagine the consequences.

Below is the list of 5 other soldiers who preferred to die for the country rather than open their mouths in front of enemy -

1. Sep. Arjun Ram s/o Sh. Chokka Ram; Village & PO
Gudi. Teh. & Dist.
Nagaur, (Rajasthan)

2. Sep. Bhanwar Lal Bagaria h/o Smt. Santosh Devi;
Village Sivelara;Teh.&
Dist.Sikar (Rajasthan)
3. Sep. Bhikaram h/o Smt. Bhawri Devi; Village
Patasar; Teh.
Pachpatva;Distt.Barmer (Rajasthan)

4. Sep. Moola Ram h/o Smt. Rameshwari Devi; Village
Katori; Teh. Jayal;Dist.
Nagaur(Rajasthan)

5. Sep. Naresh Singh h/o Smt. Kalpana Devi; Village
Chhoti Tallam;
Teh.Iglab; Dist.Aligarh (UP)

AGAIN SALUTE TO ALL BRAVE (ARMY/NAVY/IAF/BSF) OFFICERS AND JAWANS, Who are there at the borders all day n night to insure that we ppl could have a safe sleep.....

dskadyan
July 7th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Why do i still serve you?

To whom This officer is serving? OK let him Go. If he dont know then i think we shuold say to him BHAI GHAR JA AUR KISI TARAH SERVE KAR. yeh toh kaam ka batwara hai. karna hi padega kabhi thoda toh kabhi jyada part milta hai.

100 Crore logo main se kya ache soldiers kam hai? Kya app log kahna chate hai ki 50% of us are not eligible to be Officer aur JAWAN

6 foot ka jawan jawan hota hai 5 Foot ka jawan nahi ban sakta?

Hum ek haath mein chaar (may be 10)laddu chahte hai.(ALL Politiacian,Civilian,Army man) this is profession I should to say human being.
maine 5 page padhne ke baad yeh nahi samajh paya ki desbhakti ki baat kar rahe ho ya profession ki?

the guy who is asking PROFESSIONAL question that WHY SHOULD HE SERVE FOR 30,000 per month he want 1,20,000/ month? give professional answer . Sorry go to HELL. you will get that for that money.

JAB deshbhakti ki baat aye na toh RAJIVE se kahna BHARAT KHATRE(danger) MAIN HEI to dekh lena woh bhi hamare Tewatia sahab se bhi jyada deshbhakt,bahadur and fighter nikal sakta hai.

desk ke naam par hamare desk ka kuta bhi 22 din ka torture sahan kar lega . uske liye hame kissie Major,col, Lftnt dhudne ki jarurat nahi hai.

rajivsp
July 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Before my first post the thread was going to become a guest/complaint book. But after that people jumped here with their emotions and now it is KHICHDI.

Why emotions in professional discussion?
why reasoning in humor section? (sundu ka essay in humor started by dev sahab)

brahmtewatia
July 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM
a healthy discussion involves all elements of narration, be it emotions, hatred, sarcasm, humor, misinterpretation, conviction, sincerity or gratitude.

btw rajeev wat d'u mean by professional discussion on JL :p...i guess all discussions r frm professional JAtlanders with different styles... :D
...in fact all discussions here at JL are like transport aircraft turning into kamikaze fighters taking a continuous flight like tht of the berlin air bridge in the cold war era ..he he he :D

rajivsp
July 8th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Brahm sahab

hatred (deshbhakti in this perticular discussions ) must be avoided in healthy discussion. my views only.

Even I felt guilty after posting my message for touching the very sensitive nerve.

And excess of anything is always dangerous, it should not be there.

Ati sarvtra varjayte.

regards
rajiv

ssgoyat
July 8th, 2008, 11:46 PM
tewatia bhai ji....

The main reason for jumping into this thread was.......it's dishartening title...

WHY DO I STILL SERVE YOU ?????

And further to save this debate by---

diverting it, to other facts so as.......to gain sympathy (& save) for that young officer, and ..(with so called Officer Like Qualithy....15 OLQ'S)..and hiding

and making personal comments, rather than carrying on a healthy debate, and giving answers....in support of "Why do i still serve"??