PDA

View Full Version : reason for banned

vivektaliyan
July 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hi,
I want to ask that Is there any option to know about the reason of behind banned . If mods banned any member should we know the reason behind that member.

Pls reply

vivektaliyan
July 21st, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hello,
Mods where r u I need explanation on that topic. No body is there to answer ??????????????

Thats not fair...

gaganjat
July 21st, 2008, 05:43 PM
karam kiye ja fal ki iccha mat kar

ghor tapsya kar moderators ka sighasan dollan lagge ga nai, jib aawengai bhajte

VPannu
July 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
karam kiye ja fal ki iccha mat kar

ghor tapsya kar moderators ka sighasan dollan lagge ga nai, jib aawengai bhajte

hahahaha gagan, awesome comment!! :rock
bhai vivek ho gayi hogi koye maadi motti galti moderators pe, chinta mat kare

gaganjat
July 21st, 2008, 05:55 PM
bhai vivek moerator ar galti ,na bhai naaa:mad:
moderator ka dimag tai kumputer tai bhi tej hona chayiie , na tai haam ae nahi ban jate moderatorr

Nishantrathi82
July 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
bhai vivek moerator ar galti ,na bhai naaa:mad:
moderator ka dimag tai kumputer tai bhi tej hona chayiie , na tai haam ae nahi ban jate moderatorr

Arre na re bhai mods aur galti na bool gagan bhai ye bol jaat aur galti aisa top ho hee nahe sakta k jaat koi galti kar de:D
Tabhi to kehte hain k Padha likha jaat Khuda k samaan hota hai :)

gaganjat
July 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
nish ya teri baat bhi theek sai !
sabki baat theek sai , nue kyokar kaam chalegga

Arre na re bhai mods aur galti na bool gagan bhai ye bol jaat aur galti aisa top ho hee nahe sakta k jaat koi galti kar de:D
Tabhi to kehte hain k Padha likha jaat Khuda k samaan hota hai :)

renuchoudhary
July 21st, 2008, 10:57 PM
Hi,
I want to ask that Is there any option to know about the reason of behind banned . If mods banned any member should we know the reason behind that member.

Pls reply
Vivek Rifle to load hai hee pheer chinta kis batt ki,

satyeshwar
July 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Being banned is not a glorious thing. We don't want to share the reasons behind banning a person with others as this may embarrass them publicly. If you know the member, you are welcome to ask them through an email for why they have been banned.

vivektaliyan
July 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
I think you are right but all members should know that why a particular member has been banned . sO THAT NO BODY MAKE ANY FAULT IN FUTURE. And we can understand the circumstances.

Hello members pls give yours openion.

sandeepkadian05
July 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
I dont think the reason should be revealed....

vivektaliyan
July 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
I dont think the reason should be revealed....

O.K If u know a member for a long time and according to you he is doing well in jatland and one day you saw that he is banned . then u don,t want to know the reason of behind that. Many times the members don't come back to JL after banned. It means you never can know the reason...

vivektaliyan
July 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Being banned is not a glorious thing. We don't want to share the reasons behind banning a person with others as this may embarrass them publicly. If you know the member, you are welcome to ask them through an email for why they have been banned.

When I have joined jatland newly . Then I have banned For 7 days frm JL dUE TO MIS BEHAVIOUR IN CHAUPAL. but there is no fault of mine. I have no authority to login . So how can I express my views about the problem and about the reason. It means when mods want they can banned any person with out telling any reason.

sandeepkadian05
July 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Nope i still wont want to know though the person being banned should definitely be told the reason.... You got to put your trust in the moderators in such forums and hope they do their work well....But thats just my opinion

O.K If u know a member for a long time and according to you he is doing well in jatland and one day you saw that he is banned . then u don,t want to know the reason of behind that. Many times the members don't come back to JL after banned. It means you never can know the reason...

nysa
July 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hey ! Satya ..

Agree to what to have said above ... but one that might have been missing is (or may be not) it should be on equal terms ..being a male member does not automatically qualifies for a ban, or being a female member u can easily get away with it. It should also be taken in to consideration that one should apply self constraint i.e. not provoking the other person.:)

preety
July 22nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
galti kisi se bhi ho sakti hai.jaruri nahi hai ki jise aap long time se acha karte hue dekh rahe hain vo galti nahi kar sakta.or kabhi-2 galti se bhi galti ho jaati hai.or rahi baat reason jaan ne ki to jise aap long time se jante hain or continue contect me hain then u should keep his/her cell/phone number.

ritu
July 22nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
me te ja taahi aajkal sabke number le liya karru er aapna bhi de diyya karru.kyuni galti te galti hon ke chance bahut rahve hai.
galti kisi se bhi ho sakti hai.jaruri nahi hai ki jise aap long time se acha karte hue dekh rahe hain vo galti nahi kar sakta.or kabhi-2 galti se bhi galti ho jaati hai.or rahi baat reason jaan ne ki to jise aap long time se jante hain or continue contect me hain then u should keep his/her cell/phone number.

ritu
July 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
one thing i would like to say that is that before giving warning to any one mod should check all the facts.there are sometimes two side of a story.should checkout the other side too......

tpannu
July 23rd, 2008, 01:25 AM
Hi Satyeshwar,

I see your point and the rationale but at the same time I find lot of sense in others' sayings, too. In today's world, there is a crying need to be transparent and democratic. This is being desired even in Defence services, where some of the fundamental rights are still not enforceable.

To be fair so as to accommodate both the viewpoints, it may be desirable to review the existing Code of Conduct, if any (alternatively draw one, if there is none and make it transparent after getting majority views). You may also like to consider whether there should be a time limit and/or the number of wrongdoings permitted before putting a blanket ban on an individual.

Incidently, is there any check on sarcasm? It is abundantly being practiced here; I may be excused if I am sounding to be extra sensitive.

satyeshwar
July 23rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
Here is an example of what would get you banned. This post is right there at the top of "About Jatland section".
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9515

coolengineer
July 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Good point ritu jee..
I totaly agree with this..
mods/admin should not be biased or they should not try to settle their personal scores with anyone (if any).. I agree that mods are doing a good thankless job but their is always a scope for improvement.

sometimes i have noticed that members who r friends or(jaankars/Rishtedaars) of mods/admin easily get away..err esse log baat ka batangud banan main maahir ho hain..

one thing i would like to say that is that before giving warning to any one mod should check all the facts.there are sometimes two side of a story.should checkout the other side too......

anuchhikara
July 23rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
I am not agree with the ppl who think that reason of banning should be revealed ..........the person who want to know the reason of banning of anyone ...he/she would know each other...so one can dial up and can know the exact reason from the banned person.

So I think its totally wasting of time to force moderators to post the reason of banning n blah blah............

coolengineer
July 23rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Anu jee i belev Right To Information(RTI) is being practiced every where.

Satyeshwar -- Can we follow RTI act on JL too? By this everyone would come to know the reason why a particular member was being banned and was that ban justified ? I know its difficult and might create some problem but on the other hand It might bring more transparency and members will start having more faith on Mods.
Can we do something regarding this?:)

I am not agree with the ppl who think that reason of banning should be revealed ..........the person who want to know the reason of banning of anyone ...he/she would know each other...so one can dial up and can know the exact reason from the banned person.

So I think its totally wasting of time to force moderators to post the reason of banning n blah blah............

anilsinghd
July 23rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Satyeshwar,

I see your point and the rationale but at the same time I find lot of sense in others' sayings, too. In today's world, there is a crying need to be transparent and democratic. This is being desired even in Defence services, where some of the fundamental rights are still not enforceable.

To be fair so as to accommodate both the viewpoints, it may be desirable to review the existing Code of Conduct, if any (alternatively draw one, if there is none and make it transparent after getting majority views). You may also like to consider whether there should be a time limit and/or the number of wrongdoings permitted before putting a blanket ban on an individual.

Incidently, is there any check on sarcasm? It is abundantly being practiced here; I may be excused if I am sounding to be extra sensitive.

The lines in RED , make much sense in the wake of normal practises here.

Satyeshwar -- Can we follow RTI act on JL too? By this everyone would come to know the reason why a particular member was being banned and was that ban justified ? I know its difficult and might create some problem but on the other hand It might bring more transparency and members will start having more faith on Mods.

Although there may be pros and cons on whether the reasons should be revealed , but we must consider that :

1. Implementing RTI as suggested by TejVeer will tax the admins more ( already they have to go through the posts and do a lot of work apart from their personal and preofessional commitments).

2. On one hand it will increase the transparency but on the other we must and should have enough faith on their discretion already.

3. Assuming that the reasons if revealed will polarise all to one single opinion would be defying nature ( indivualistic differences are natural ) , so if at all it will help , it will be helping in raging another round of controversies with (50 + epsilon)% people on one side and (50-epsilon)% on the other where epsilon is small.

Personally if anything I would like to see is :

From the moderators: More strict action against any abuse (direct or indirect) , personal commenting , arguments to and fro ( poisoning an healthy discussion) , non relevant posts ( posts and post-ers should maintain the sanctity of the topic).
I know all these are highly based on personal discretion , but that's where you are tested , Good Luck.

From the members: Accepting any strict action on part of moderators with grace , refraining from any of the actions that can give moderators any hard time , building anough trust and faith and rapport with a person on whom you start commenting (personally) , and practising other extremes of the above things in the "From the moderators" section.

:)

vivektaliyan
July 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Satyeshwar ji,

I have listen the all comments in favour and against . Some members r agree and some not but I want to know the final solution . There should be tranperancy on JL. Bhai tejveer I am fully agree with u.

harvinderkadyan
July 24th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I dont know the exact procedure , but i want to know how many times a person is warned before he/she is banned ???

vivektaliyan
July 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I dont know the exact procedure , but i want to know how many times a person is warned before he/she is banned ???

That is also a good point.But as far as I know "no warning is given before the procedure of banning take place " What acctually I have experienced.

harvinderkadyan
July 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
bhai aapko bhi ban kar chuke hai kya ...but i dont know how is the moderator and how is the responsible person to talk to about these matters ??

vivektaliyan
July 24th, 2008, 04:27 PM
bhai aapko bhi ban kar chuke hai kya ...but i dont know how is the moderator and how is the responsible person to talk to about these matters ??

Bhai Muze to aate hi ban kar diya tha tab bura to laga tha socha tha ki vapas nahi aauga. I am not going to discuss on that......

...But now I have put the topic because last days a member become banned ( I am not going to disclose his name). So I want to know the reason...And for future I want some correct procedure for that for all jatlanders.

harvinderkadyan
July 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM
As far i know , In general , moderator is the person who is the active member of the community and he / she has the power to ban anyone.he / she is like anyone of us with no distingushing things like tail :PAlso there are no supreme court guidelines for these moderators.Main aur aap galati kar sakte hai toe , vo bhi kar sakte hai .isliye baat cheet karke mamla nipta loo... baat clear kar lo ....... its not a bug deal brother.

satyeshwar
July 25th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Why are you not disclosing his name? I guess you want to protect his privacy right? Well, the same thing is true for us. We don't want to embarrass them in public.
If the banned member feels that the ban is unjust, they can contact the admins through the "Contact us" link provided at the site. This will enable them to have their case reviewed by all the moderators and we can collectively make a decision whether the moderator who banned them did the right thing or were they a bit harsh. This has happened several times in the past and we have indeed revoked the ban at times.

We will NOT be releasing reasons to other members.
-Satyeshwar

Bhai Muze to aate hi ban kar diya tha tab bura to laga tha socha tha ki vapas nahi aauga. I am not going to discuss on that......

...But now I have put the topic because last days a member become banned ( I am not going to disclose his name). So I want to know the reason...And for future I want some correct procedure for that for all jatlanders.

vivektaliyan
July 25th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Why are you not disclosing his name? I guess you want to protect his privacy right? Well, the same thing is true for us. We don't want to embarrass them in public.
If the banned member feels that the ban is unjust, they can contact the admins through the "Contact us" link provided at the site. This will enable them to have their case reviewed by all the moderators and we can collectively make a decision whether the moderator who banned them did the right thing or were they a bit harsh. This has happened several times in the past and we have indeed revoked the ban at times.

We will NOT be releasing reasons to other members.
-Satyeshwar

Bhai now there is nothing to say . .......:):)

brahmtewatia
July 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM
folks r right when they say tht the name shud not b brought in public to protect someone’s public right. However, on the flip side of the coin, I agree with tejveer tht RTI must exist, wch wud refrain mods sorting out their personal avenges…anyway…these r personal opinions, wch will always differ in stand nd understanding of the subject.

Cuming to the subject, I personally feel tht the mods shud bring out all the banned ppl on public platform/thread citing reasons for his/her ban, instead of asking them to contact administrators privately. By doin’ so it establishes a right precedence for other members to follow as to wat is right nd wat is wrong. If a person is wrong he/she shud b admonished straight-away on this portal…if he is right nd have enuff conviction, he’ll prove his mettle…however, if he is a coward, he’ll bury his face in shame. This will also set out an example for other members to learn the reasons of getting banned nd wud help them to refrain frm doin’ such acts in the future. Thts wat is called a democratic approach. It makes no sense to ban a person w/o assigning any reasons whatsoever, or by not giving a chance for him/her to speak their mind.

I concur in totality with cmdr. pannu’s following post…

Hi Satyeshwar,

Where evry single word is valid…wonder y someone picked up only his last sentence to elaborate his personal clutches.

brahmtewatia
July 27th, 2008, 04:03 PM
i guess the member in question on this thread was me.

(the msg on my profile clearly stated tht my ban wud b lifted on 19th august, 05:00 hrs.)

...i dont wanna bring my choleric outburst on this portal following my ban, as i see some administrative changes. at the same time...m also not interested to know the reasons of my ban, however for sure i wud b interested to know as to why my ban was revoked ? can i rqst the mods to let me know ?

Dharampalkaswan
July 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
In my opinion, the reasons for which a member can be banned, cannot be enlisted. For betterment of portal we should have faith in mods. Yes, the member banned should have conveyed the reasons for doing so.

tpannu
July 28th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Here is an example of what would get you banned. This post is right there at the top of "About Jatland section".
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9515

Satyeshwar,

Thanks for the info. I had seen the thread but did not open it thinking that it may not be relevant since it was locked. I find that it highlights only one issue, cautioning us to be respectful to the fair sex. It also contains a warning thereby implying that the procedure before banning caters for it.

I also went thru the thread just above it on the "Agreement", which, too, is locked. Thereafter, I went to the registration procedure & discovered that for the info of newcomers, it has the "Forum Rules", which reproduce the Agreement in part. Visualising that there may be others like me who may not go thru locked threads, and since the issue of banning has invited lot of views against /in favour of the mods, the following suggestions are made for your consideration.

1. Review the existing Agreement & Rules to make them more comprehensive and then combine them into one.

2. While reviewing, it may be desirable to include the procedure for banning a person and the types of bans which could be imposed namely, temp (with time limit & number of mistakes allowed) or permanent. In such cases, review should also be inbuilt.

3. You may then call it as "Terms of Agreement" or "Forum Rules", which should be made available to a newcomer to agree & abide by. For the old timers, there could be one-time notice.

4. Any other suggestions, which members may like to put forward.

Once we do it, the scope for bickering will, in my opinion, get minimised.

vivektaliyan
July 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
i guess the member in question on this thread was me.

(the msg on my profile clearly stated tht my ban wud b lifted on 19th august, 05:00 hrs.)

...i dont wanna bring my choleric outburst on this portal following my ban, as i see some administrative changes. at the same time...m also not interested to know the reasons of my ban, however for sure i wud b interested to know as to why my ban was revoked ? can i rqst the mods to let me know ?

Bhai ji...yahi to manmarji na jalhi jati mods ki na to nu batave ak ban kyon lagaya ar na nu batave ak ban kyon uthaya kyoni mods JL ke rashtpati hai jo bina bataye kuch bhi kar sake hai. So be care full in future...........:D:D:D

jyotikohar
September 17th, 2008, 11:33 PM
ek question ye bhi hai ki jo ban kar diye jate hain aur wo hi log fir new id ke sath aa jate hain to ban karne ka kya fayda? fir ban mat karo bas samjha do............agar koi manne to??????