PDA

View Full Version : Help for education in Denmark

sunil_chaudhary
December 20th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Can anyone please tell me the various scholarships available in Denmark.
I am going for MS in Comp Sc in Denmark in Sept 2004 in AAlborg University.
If anyone in Denmark can help me with part time job also.

ekpaheli
January 27th, 2004, 03:06 AM
hi sunil,

I do not know of any specific scholarship. However, in Denmark schools usually have a very close relationship with corporates. So u might be able to earn money through some internship program organised by ur school.

at least this was the case in copenhagen business school where i had been on an exchange program last year. i do not know if engg colleges are any different

it is nearly impossible to get a part time job without knowing danish.

overall denmark is a great place with some real friendly people. i had a nice time, i am sure u wud too :)

sushilsehrawat
February 9th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Danish educational institutions are generally unable to offer financial support or scholarships to non-Danish students.

Students from European Union countries and other countries participating in the Socrates/Erasmus and Leonardo da Vinci programmes may apply for special exchange and mobility grants to carry out a fully recognised period of study (3-12 months). Students from the Nordic countries, the Baltic States and certain other countries in central and eastern Europe have other possibilities, such as the Nordplus and Tempus programmes. Students should seek further information about these opportunities at the institution at which they are studying in the home country.

A few state scholarships are available to non-Danish students and researchers from countries with which Denmark has a bilateral agreement. The scholarships are granted for 4-9 months to supplement higher education which the applicant is taking or has taken elsewhere. The scholarships are not granted for elementary studies of Danish. All applications for Danish state scholarships must be submitted through the authorities of the applicant's home country.

Financial support may be available for doctoral training and scientific co-operation, but only for limited stays.