PDA

View Full Version : Osho

deepshi
August 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Namastey to all..
well, guys,i just wanted to read some comments about Osho

M a staunch believer of him,,,n I said beleiver, not a follower
neither does he ask anyone to follow
thers this thread goin on about sum Asaram . So reminded me of Osho.

Osho has got revolutionary ideas and beliefs, and its not anything about worshipping or blindedly following him

every word of his,,I feel that he is voicing My thoughts...! as if I am writing it!!

Can any of u plz throw sum light on his views, beleifs...whether its agreeable or not

n plz lets not talk about Ashrams/pujarins/Money here

can we only talk about what he preaches....rather says..:)

thnx..
gd nite for now....

PS: all responses are welcome..say whatever..no offences wud be taken :P :D

Nishantrathi82
August 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Namastey to all..
well, guys,i just wanted to read some comments about Osho

neither does he ask anyone to follow
thers this thread goin on about sum Asaram . So reminded me of Osho.

Osho has got revolutionary ideas and beliefs, and its not anything about worshipping or blindedly following him

every word of his,,I feel that he is voicing My thoughts...! as if I am writing it!!

Can any of u plz throw sum light on his views, beleifs...whether its agreeable or not

n plz lets not talk about Ashrams/pujarins/Money here

can we only talk about what he preaches....rather says..:)

thnx..
gd nite for now....

PS: all responses are welcome..say whatever..no offences wud be taken :P :D

Hmm Osho Rajaneesh Although i don't beleive in all these baba, sadhus etc. but still Osho he was preety good actually i have listen him once and i don't know how he can control you by his voice you want to keep listen him , but i like his Meditation theory. The things he told was very close to all of human beings he never told you to do Murti pooja like stuff. He was good actually.

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 07:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho

i think clicking on this link provides various information..and go further clicks if u wanna know more ....

but according to me aise aise ghatiya logo ne osho ka ashram join kiya tha ki i never bother to follow any teachings....i beleive in ideas which are damn followed never give good results....

i think there shd be no debate over it as jisse jo acha lage vo follow kare.. dont care what others say .... main motto is to enjoy ur life ... do what u think u r best at ....it can be anything damn thing.... ppl comments keep on changing ....

Hmm Osho Rajaneesh Although i don't beleive in all these baba, sadhus etc. but still Osho he was preety good actually i have listen him once and i don't know how he can control you by his voice you want to keep listen him , but i like his Meditation theory. The things he told was very close to all of human beings he never told you to do Murti pooja like stuff. He was good actually.

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocbZhRQS9I
LISTEN TO THIS .. SOME PPPL CAN SAY ITS RIGHT BUT ACCORDING TO ME ITS BULLSHIT WHAT HE IS SAYING....

HE IS SAYING EVERY BODY GETS A DIVORCE ...

ITS FOR A SAKE OF SINGLE PERSON HAPPINESS THAT LOVE IS THERE ...
I THINK LOVE IS RESPECT ....

HAVE 2 3 CHILDREN WITHOUT MARRIAGE AND GO .. IS HE SAYS THIS ...
HE DONT WANT TO BE MONK ....

ITS MY PERSONAL THING .. BULL **** BULL **** BULL **** ...

HOW CAN A CHILDREN HAPPINESS COME IF MOTHER AND FATHER DO NOT REMAIN TOGETHER ... LOVE CANNOT BE THE SAME BETWEEN HUBBY AND WIFE SAME .. IF U SAY IT DOESNT REDUCE I THINK U R WRONG .. IT CHANGES WITH TIME AND RESPONSILBILITY ....

I WENT TO A PLACE WHERE A PERSON SAYS ... A GORA SAID THESE R MY CHILDREN AND THEY R HER CHILDREN AND THESE CHILDREN ARE OURS .... I DONT WANT THIS SOCIETY ...

CHILDREN SHD BE FREED FROM FAMILY .... GOD DAMN IT .. AGAIN BULL ****
HE SAYS ITS A RESPONSIBLITY OF COMMUNITY ..

WHAT HAPPENS then IS LIKE IN US ... black girl getting preganant at age of 14 and giving birth ...doing bull **** jobs throughout life....exception are always....

i think he went to US and says what all happens in US is right .... things that happen in US are right but not all they r right ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho

i think clicking on this link provides various information..and go further clicks if u wanna know more ....

but according to me aise aise ghatiya logo ne osho ka ashram join kiya tha ki i never bother to follow any teachings....i beleive in ideas which are damn followed never give good results....

i think there shd be no debate over it as jisse jo acha lage vo follow kare.. dont care what others say .... main motto is to enjoy ur life ... do what u think u r best at ....it can be anything damn thing.... ppl comments keep on changing ....

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
just i have watched youtube .. and what i beleive is that he can say bill gates , warren buffet and milinda gates as bull **** ....
i think he also can say sunil mittal also bull **** ....when sunil mittal says that having grand children is so happiness for him that if he knows that then he would have had hsi grand children before his children ....

he can say nana nani dada dadi pyaar for their grand children also as bull **** ....

now i dont want to listen to him more in my life ......

plzz OSHO maaf kar do .. plzzz.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otGQqO2TYMI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocbZhRQS9I
LISTEN TO THIS .. SOME PPPL CAN SAY ITS RIGHT BUT ACCORDING TO ME ITS BULLSHIT WHAT HE IS SAYING....

HE IS SAYING EVERY BODY GETS A DIVORCE ...

ITS FOR A SAKE OF SINGLE PERSON HAPPINESS THAT LOVE IS THERE ...
I THINK LOVE IS RESPECT ....

HAVE 2 3 CHILDREN WITHOUT MARRIAGE AND GO .. IS HE SAYS THIS ...
HE DONT WANT TO BE MONK ....

ITS MY PERSONAL THING .. BULL **** BULL **** BULL **** ...

HOW CAN A CHILDREN HAPPINESS COME IF MOTHER AND FATHER DO NOT REMAIN TOGETHER ... LOVE CANNOT BE THE SAME BETWEEN HUBBY AND WIFE SAME .. IF U SAY IT DOESNT REDUCE I THINK U R WRONG .. IT CHANGES WITH TIME AND RESPONSILBILITY ....

I WENT TO A PLACE WHERE A PERSON SAYS ... A GORA SAID THESE R MY CHILDREN AND THEY R HER CHILDREN AND THESE CHILDREN ARE OURS .... I DONT WANT THIS SOCIETY ...

CHILDREN SHD BE FREED FROM FAMILY .... GOD DAMN IT .. AGAIN BULL ****
HE SAYS ITS A RESPONSIBLITY OF COMMUNITY ..

WHAT HAPPENS then IS LIKE IN US ... black girl getting preganant at age of 14 and giving birth ...doing bull **** jobs throughout life....exception are always....

i think he went to US and says what all happens in US is right .... things that happen in US are right but not all they r right ....

gaganjat
August 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Deepshi ! U said it all. U r a believer not a follower.
Thats wat one is supposed to do. pick up all the good things which fits their life and leave the ones which doesnt suit them.

The way Osho explained about everything human brain can think of, for eg. about the religions, sex, god, love, hate, money etc etc was good enough to hypnotize a person who really gets into it and start thinking.

I was a school going kid when I started studying and listening to Osho (and few others). By the time I finished school I had a huge collection of Osho books, magazines ,casettes etc. So many books , lines highlighted , pages folded, made notes etc etc.

He was a professor of philosophy in South India. and ended up taking over the whole state of US. Youth was crazy , governments were scared. His followers were multiplying every day. There was a time when his books were banned and u couldnt take them from one port to another.

Media couldnt publish anything, not ever something bad or any kind of critisism. Because governments thought even critisism will make him popular.

Osho was a King in the times when all the real kings were gone...fleet of rolls royaces, helicopters, big big castles, he was running his own show on this planet ......

There is so much to write how it ended , what he taught, what he did .......

He ended because governments were scared of him more than they were scared of Hitler once upon a time.

I can write books here about him and what he taught but its worthwhile to go through his material and analyse it urself.

it!!

Nishantrathi82
August 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
just i have watched youtube .. and what i beleive is that he can say bill gates , warren buffet and milinda gates as bull **** ....
i think he also can say sunil mittal also bull **** ....when sunil mittal says that having grand children is so happiness for him that if he knows that then he would have had hsi grand children before his children ....

he can say nana nani dada dadi pyaar for their grand children also as bull **** ....

now i dont want to listen to him more in my life ......

plzz OSHO maaf kar do .. plzzz.......

Hey u should not regret infront of any Osho its ur life what ever u like u should go for it!!!!!!!!!

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hey u should not regret infront of any Osho its ur life what ever u like u should go for it

i think yaha discussion bahut gandi ho jaayegi .... its better ki mein OSHO ki terah naa bolu .. sachai yeh hein ki first i should think of our community ... how many wifes can tolerate that .. if one or two can then that doesnt imply its true for all ...

how many hubbys can tolerate that ....

so buddy in a family we shd think of all things and not single person happiness ....

mother shd not think of her self .. she shd think of children and hubby ...

if u cannot then buddy .. u r american and welcome to this world ...

i am jat and i have diff happiness rather then this

LIFE IS SIMPLE BUDDY .. DONT MAKE IT COMPLICATED ..... MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING ...

Hey u should not regret infront of any Osho its ur life what ever u like u should go for it!!!!!!!!!

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
He ended because governments were scared of him more than they were scared of Hitler once upon a time

I THINK IF HE ENDED
ITS NOT BECAUSE OF GOVT BUT I THINK BECAUSE PPL STILL LOVE THEIR WIFE AND WIFE LOVE THEIR HUBBY AND CHILDREN AND THEY ENJOY THAT RATHER THAN DIVORCE AND ENJOYING... THE DAY COMES WHEN PPL DONT ENJOY THAT THEN I THINK THEN OSHO RULESSSSSSS

VO GANDHI, HITLER .. I DONT REMEMBER SABKO BEVKOOF BOLTA HEIN CUNNING ... VO AADMI WARREN BUFFET KO BHI GAALI DE SAKTA HEIN ...

KISKO KISSE COMPARISON KAR RAHA HOON DEKH TO LO .....
I THINK ITS A FREE WORLD .. EVERY BODY CAN MAKE A COMMENT ...
NO BODY CAN STOP ...
I THINK U R BELEIVER THEN ITS GOOD FOR U ...

Thats wat one is supposed to do. pick up all the good things which fits their life and leave the ones which doesnt suit them.

The way Osho explained about everything human brain can think of, for eg. about the religions, sex, god, love, hate, money etc etc was good enough to hypnotize a person who really gets into it and start thinking.

I was a school going kid when I started studying and listening to Osho (and few others). By the time I finished school I had a huge collection of Osho books, magazines ,casettes etc. So many books , lines highlighted , pages folded, made notes etc etc.

He was a professor of philosophy in South India. and ended up taking over the whole state of US. Youth was crazy , governments were scared. His followers were multiplying every day. There was a time when his books were banned and u couldnt take them from one port to another.

Media couldnt publish anything, not ever something bad or any kind of critisism. Because governments thought even critisism will make him popular.

Osho was a King in the times when all the real kings were gone...fleet of rolls royaces, helicopters, big big castles, he was running his own show on this planet ......

He ended because governments were scared of him more than they were scared of Hitler once upon a time.

I can write books here about him and what he taught but its worthwhile to go through his material and analyse it urself.

SORRY I WILL NOT FOLLOW UP ANY POSTINGS.... JISKO JO ACHA LAGE VO KARE WHO AM I TAKE CARE OF AND COMMENT .. SORRY GUYS FOR THE POSTINGS I THINK WAY OSHO SPEAKS ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS MADE ME TO BASH HIM RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ... I AM JAT SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO CONTROL MY ANGER ... SORRY GUYS OVER AND OUT ....

sandeepkadian05
August 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Just by seeing how the you tube video has wound Naveen up, I am not even bothering to see it... I dont want my BP to spike coz of some fool. I never heard or read any " Preachings" or " Teachings" or " Sayings" or whatever you may call it from any such guru so maybe not the most qualified to speak on the matter. As per me They are all just a bunch of frauds. Each one of them gathers a large following through fooling a lot of weak minded and weak willed people. People like that always want someone to look up to, someone who can tell them what to do in life... I think we are all equipped with a very useful tool- Brain, use that to decide what has to be done and what not. You dont need some idiots to tell you how to live your life... This is just my humble opinion and I know there are a lot of people who believe in such " Gurus", sorry guys if i offended any one's belief...

gaganjat
August 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
hubby hubby ? wife wife wife? warren buffet ? i m a jat?????

divorce???

tu bool kya raha hai ! sort out your shyit before u write it.
r u insecure about something or wat ?
no body is following anyone here, its a discussion going on..

dont make a fool of urself, stay away from it if u dont know nothing.

He ended because governments were scared of him more than they were scared of Hitler once upon a time

I THINK IF HE ENDED
ITS NOT BECAUSE OF GOVT BUT I THINK BECAUSE PPL STILL LOVE THEIR WIFE AND WIFE LOVE THEIR HUBBY AND CHILDREN AND THEY ENJOY THAT RATHER THAN DIVORCE AND ENJOYING... THE DAY COMES WHEN PPL DONT ENJOY THAT THEN I THINK THEN OSHO RULESSSSSSS

VO GANDHI, HITLER .. I DONT REMEMBER SABKO BEVKOOF BOLTA HEIN CUNNING ... VO AADMI WARREN BUFFET KO BHI GAALI DE SAKTA HEIN ...

KISKO KISSE COMPARISON KAR RAHA HOON DEKH TO LO .....
I THINK ITS A FREE WORLD .. EVERY BODY CAN MAKE A COMMENT ...
NO BODY CAN STOP ...
I THINK U R BELEIVER THEN ITS GOOD FOR U ...

SORRY I WILL NOT FOLLOW UP ANY POSTINGS.... JISKO JO ACHA LAGE VO KARE WHO AM I TAKE CARE OF AND COMMENT .. SORRY GUYS FOR THE POSTINGS I THINK WAY OSHO SPEAKS ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS MADE ME TO BASH HIM RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ... I AM JAT SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO CONTROL MY ANGER ... SORRY GUYS OVER AND OUT ....

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
this is comment on OSHO ... THAT BULL **** WORD IS FOR HIM .....
jo meine link diya tha .. usme dekhna ki he started with divorce ...

1st link of osho regarding marriage and children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocbZhRQS9I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocbZhRQS9I)

2nd link regarding gandhi .. osho comments

unsne suruat hi gandhi cunning , hitler bevkoof aise waise hi ki thi ....

aap mere khyal se bahut jaante ho .. i dont need to ....

first watch youtube links i have provided and then comment ...

i mean OSHO can comment on any good ppl also thats why i named warren buffet ....

he said rearding mother teresa .. it is time for her to jump in lake

thanks .. over and out ...

sorry i take my words back and these two above videos made me to do that ... dont name me .. i take my words backkkkk....
i have said that i am not going to post but i think i shd not end there .... better i shd be removed from this discussion further .......

divorce???

gaganjat
August 6th, 2008, 11:10 PM
can't teach u man !

listen to the whole thing and try to understand the game. theres nothing to follow but see how things work.

this is comment on OSHO ... THAT BULL **** WORD IS FOR HIM .....
jo meine link diya tha .. usme dekhna ki he started with divorce ...

1st link of osho regarding marriage and children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocbZhRQS9I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocbZhRQS9I)

2nd link regarding gandhi .. osho comments

unsne suruat hi gandhi cunning , hitler bevkoof aise waise hi ki thi ....

aap mere khyal se bahut jaante ho .. i dont need to ....

first watch youtube links i have provided and then comment ...

thanks .. over and out ...

sorry i take my words back... dont name me .. i take my words backkkkk....
i have said that i am not going to post but i think i shd not end there

naveenbazad
August 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
better would be u come out in support of OSHO and explained it in a right way ...
what u wanna teach ????

divorce???

can't teach u man !

listen to the whole thing and try to understand the game. theres nothing to follow but see how things work.

sumitsehrawat
August 6th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Osho?? Better such preachers route towards Himalayas, eat apples and drink river water; they seem to be needing 'salvation'. For experimentation purposes, they can be motivated to take this path to excogitate on some Sanjeevani booti or any herbaceous plant for that matter.

And yes, I would like to repeat from Sandeep's post... "we all have got brains". As far as I am concerned, I prefer stumbling and learning than following Osho or Posho or Aasaram or Maya Memsaab or Albert Pinto etc etc....they're too many in business. ufff!!

P.S.: Just my views, not to offend anyone.

shailendra
August 7th, 2008, 12:13 AM
...try contacting Dr.Phil nowadays, you see he is the latest in thing!!! [ My guess is Oprah would probably be coming a close second!] ;):rolleyes::D

Anyways; I think this attached cartoon would probably summarize best what most of us likely think about those gurus, babas and other clairvoyant's out there.... see and smile! :)

sidchhikara
August 7th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I wonder what reaction Osho would get if he spoke at a gram panchayat in Jind. Osho ki daadhi paad denge.
Osho ki Rolls Royce khos ke usme barsham bhar lyawenge.

deepshi
August 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Thats the reason in the first place why he was killed!

everyone doesnt getit
infact nearly no-one getsit!!

coz its all so unconventional

n well, regarding, "everyone has his/her own mind"....y do we go to school then, we can buy our own books, sit in the luxury of homes, n gain the knowledge ourself!
ok then,,I dont hv mind of myself--sumtimes it DOES get confused...mere mortal me!
so, its not that we "blindly follow" him,,its just that---"listen to him"
it opens the mind--

Whether gud or bad,,even if he says outrageous things--conversely leads us into contemplation about the gud things!

oops m I being Osho now!:D
cmon people,,,cut him some slack!!;)
Dont argue bout his ashram n all, but lets contradict what he preaches.

Rushin for work, so cudnt watch the videos,,n its been ages..but it will be a treasure if its so infuriating to u guys:p

will soon watch

I wonder what reaction Osho would get if he spoke at a gram panchayat in Jind. Osho ki daadhi paad denge.
Osho ki Rolls Royce khos ke usme barsham bhar lyawenge.

rakeshsehrawat
August 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
i think reply to this question is a book

"The Godman Has Feet Of Clay"

ek baar padh lo faisala apne aap Kar lena
sabk alag alag dukandari hai sabka product alalg lagta hai lekin banate sab ek hi cheez hian BEWKOOF

baaki jo hame galat rasta batata hai aur mithe sabd istemal karke hum uski baat sunte hain
ghar mein saas ko garam paani dene mein hath jalte hain aur inke ashram mein ja k bhande manjte hain langar banate hain aur to aur sandas saaf karte hain naam hai seva maa baap saas sasur ki sewa kar lo wohi bahut hai

devdahiya
August 7th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Deepshi, he came,he grew,he thought,he gathered,he preached what he gathered and vanished in the thin air............There are no truths and no lies in this world.People are so diverse in their nature,taste,liking,disliking,thoughts,perception and attitude that word ABSOLUTE has no relevance.Osho too had something RARE in his thinking( right or wrong..again a perception) and thats why he could travel so far that mortals like us can't even dream.I never even listened to him though...and never read his books......may be my orthodox outlook did not tolerate his philosophy in the first place.Any ways He must be having something significant to say and thats why so many people followed him.

sandeepkadian05
August 7th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Please dont compare something so sacrosanct as teacher- student relationship with what these buffons like osho say.... Funny but none of my teacher ever said that I AM GOD or I AM AN INCARNATION OF GOD, not even I AM AN ENLIGHTENED SOUL... none of the teachers ever felt the need to mouth bad words at historic figures like Gandhi or Hitler... they didn't even feel the need to criticize the way we live our personal lives... they never even asked for donations for themselves, i only went to one school so can't generalise maybe in some other schools teachers teach in the same way as these gurus... I dont have anything against Osho in particular, I just want all of these gurus to be herded in a gas chamber and put to test their claims of immortality and godliness..

Thats the reason in the first place why he was killed!

everyone doesnt getit
infact nearly no-one getsit!!

coz its all so unconventional

n well, regarding, "everyone has his/her own mind"....y do we go to school then, we can buy our own books, sit in the luxury of homes, n gain the knowledge ourself!
ok then,,I dont hv mind of myself--sumtimes it DOES get confused...mere mortal me!
so, its not that we "blindly follow" him,,its just that---"listen to him"
it opens the mind--

Whether gud or bad,,even if he says outrageous things--conversely leads us into contemplation about the gud things!

oops m I being Osho now!:D
cmon people,,,cut him some slack!!;)
Dont argue bout his ashram n all, but lets contradict what he preaches.

Rushin for work, so cudnt watch the videos,,n its been ages..but it will be a treasure if its so infuriating to u guys:p

will soon watch

cooljat
August 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Gunny Bro, Indeed very well explained...enjoyed reading thoroughly! :)

Well, I concur with your words, that one should be believer not a blind follower....one gotta choose gud ones as accordingly!

As for Osho, I've nt read much but listened a lot for sure, and I like his pragmatic philosophy towards life & freedom thou still lot more to read before having my say...

Nyways, a gud guide about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho

Cheers!

Rock on
Jit

dreamer
August 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Gagan Bhai agar aap us safed dhadhi waale baba ji ke itne bade fan rahe hain or kaafi knowledge hai toh ... let us try our group .. mujhe lagta hai .. fayade ka dhanda hai .. bhakton sorry !!! Umeed hai Gagan delete hone se pahle padh lenge aap isse :)

ritu
August 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
kiske saas sasur ki seva ki baat ho rahi hai ......ladke ke ya ladkio ki
i think reply to this question is a book

"The Godman Has Feet Of Clay"

ek baar padh lo faisala apne aap Kar lena
sabk alag alag dukandari hai sabka product alalg lagta hai lekin banate sab ek hi cheez hian BEWKOOF

baaki jo hame galat rasta batata hai aur mithe sabd istemal karke hum uski baat sunte hain
ghar mein saas ko garam paani dene mein hath jalte hain aur inke ashram mein ja k bhande manjte hain langar banate hain aur to aur sandas saaf karte hain naam hai seva maa baap saas sasur ki sewa kar lo wohi bahut hai

devdahiya
August 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
His philosophy in nut shell:

Allow life, trust life, and by and by life will destroy all your inhibitions, and energy will start streaming in all those parts where it has been prevented.

So whatsoever you do, do with this hidden idea that you have to become more flowing. If you hold somebody’s hand, really hold it. You are holding it anyway, so why waste this moment? Really hold it! Don't just be two dead hands holding each other, each wondering when the other is going to leave.

If you talk, then let the talk be passionate, otherwise you will bore others and yourself.

Life should be a passion, a vibrating passion, a pulsating passion, a tremendous energy.

Whatsoever you do it should not be dull, otherwise don't do it. There is no duty to do anything, but whatsoever you feel like doing, really do it.

All inhibitions will disappear by and by, and your whole life will be reclaimed. Your body will be reclaimed; your mind will be reclaimed. The society has crippled the body, the mind â€" everything. They have given you certain choices; very narrow slits are open and you can only see from those slits. You are not allowed to see the total.

This is what I call a religious mind, a healthy mind. A religious mind is orgasmic, ecstatic. So' don't be frozen. Flow....

So remember, from this moment become more and more alert and be spontaneous. Flow with the moment Stream with the moment, and allow the moment to take possession of you, whatsoever the cost.

And you will never be a loser because more and more life will become possible to you. More and more your dead body, your dead consciousness, will become alive; blood will flow again. The feeling will start becoming aroused again and you will become a child again.

~ Osho ~

gaganjat
August 7th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Navin

yaar mai fan is duniya mai kisi ka nahi hu aur kisi ko follow bhi nahi karta.
but i do appriciate lot of people.

dhanda bhi kar sakte hai agar hamare andar uske liye 'passion' ho to. it is all about passion. one thing common about lot of legends like Osho, Gandhi, hitler, karl marx, bill gates, shakespear etc is their passion for what they were doing.

every organisation in this world needs to have 'profit motive' to operate otherwise they will vanish. that includes mandir , masjid , church , NGos, govts and so on.
but yes the term 'profit' has some similar words like donation, charity, bribe, fees, commission, brokarage etc etc. which are used when the term profit cant be used because of the nature of the organisation.

When people support something it makes 'profit'. Those people who oppose doesnt generate profit for something they oppose.

when one group start having lot of supportes it actually takes away the prospective suppoters of other groups or in other terms takes away their profit.

Thats what Osho did he was getting loyal supporters who were giving up churches , temples, gurdwaras, gurus etc. Goverments and every other organisation felt threatened. and they had a set-up to finish him.

Gagan Bhai agar aap us safed dhadhi waale baba ji ke itne bade fan rahe hain or kaafi knowledge hai toh ... let us try our group .. mujhe lagta hai .. fayade ka dhanda hai .. bhakton sorry !!! Umeed hai Gagan delete hone se pahle padh lenge aap isse :)

gaganjat
August 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
It needs lot of reading, thinking and understanding to understand something completely new.

Reading Osho (instead of listening to start with) will give a better idea as u can read-pause-think-understand-try-read-pause-think-understand-try....

listening gives u less time to think and lot of information is lost as its full on. Start reading, have a good idea nad then start listening.

deepshi
August 8th, 2008, 08:31 AM

Ravi Maite
Is it me in particular or my views in general that so upset u!
nyways..

thnx to all other members here for their time n replies.

N Dev kaks...nice inputs:)
but thats just a part,,n trust me , i hv long forgotten much of what he preached ,,coz not in touch of any books/mags anymore

but now il give it a go with a fervent zeal,,

So Mr Dhillon, jus wishiing u prepone ur wish to Victoria:D, which i assume u might..in the near future :P
(eyeing ur stuff-those collection u have)

n guys..again a request...DONT generalise plz...dont wanna talk bout babas/ashrams/money

can u throw sum light on the preachings instead.

thnx..was li'l stuck up with chores, but will now try 2 be regular

rakeshsehrawat
August 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
kiske saas sasur ki seva ki baat ho rahi hai ......ladke ke ya ladkio ki
Bhabhi ye fund jyadatar jananiyo mein paye jate hain.Mardo ko ye kida bivi ke sir pe baith ke kat-ta hai. waise bhi ladke saas sasur ki seva ke liye unke ghar ja ke nahi rehte.lekin mein nahi kehta unhe apne inlaws ki care nahi karni chaiye.karo maa baap ki seva se badh ke koi baba gyan nahi de sakta.

deepshi
August 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Rocky Bhai..terr te kiiney kahi tu baba k gharaan jaa key bethh jaa

hadey apneyy kaamey na bas me aatey

Bhabhi ye fund jyadatar jananiyo mein paye jate hain.Mardo ko ye kida bivi ke sir pe baith ke kat-ta hai. waise bhi ladke saas sasur ki seva ke liye unke ghar ja ke nahi rehte.lekin mein nahi kehta unhe apne inlaws ki care nahi karni chaiye.karo maa baap ki seva se badh ke koi baba gyan nahi de sakta.

dreamer
August 8th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Navin

yaar mai fan is duniya mai kisi ka nahi hu aur kisi ko follow bhi nahi karta.
but i do appriciate lot of people.

dhanda bhi kar sakte hai agar hamare andar uske liye 'passion' ho to. it is all about passion. one thing common about lot of legends like Osho, Gandhi, hitler, karl marx, bill gates, shakespear etc is their passion for what they were doing.

every organisation in this world needs to have 'profit motive' to operate otherwise they will vanish. that includes mandir , masjid , church , NGos, govts and so on.
but yes the term 'profit' has some similar words like donation, charity, bribe, fees, commission, brokarage etc etc. which are used when the term profit cant be used because of the nature of the organisation.

When people support something it makes 'profit'. Those people who oppose doesnt generate profit for something they oppose.

when one group start having lot of supportes it actually takes away the prospective suppoters of other groups or in other terms takes away their profit.

Thats what Osho did he was getting loyal supporters who were giving up churches , temples, gurdwaras, gurus etc. Goverments and every other organisation felt threatened. and they had a set-up to finish him.

meryar rest all is right per naam bee bhoolgya dakki !!!
Beer ka nasha hai ki ... (remember shaadi waali first meeting .. i just cant forget that :D)

or Deepshi madam mera katti bee mood na hai aapki baat kaatne ka ... yeh toh Gagan bhai ke reply per hi kaha tha ... Kasam tai ... aap maano yah na maano .. ek hi baar toh khilaaf bola hunga na aapke ... isnt it .. yah phir more than twice or thrice ho chuka !!! jo aapne mera naam sabse uper likh diya ... anyway likhti raho ..u generate interest :)

rakeshsehrawat
August 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Rocky Bhai..terr te kiiney kahi tu baba k gharaan jaa key bethh jaa

hadey apneyy kaamey na bas me aatey

Yo bhi ek nasha hai ek baar padhoge fer sunoge fer dekhne ki icha hogi dekhoge aur fer ...................baba k ghara ja ke baith jao
je isa na hota to inki dukandari na chalti
saare modya ka yo e haal hai ar saare kime na kime ulat pulat dhande mein lag rahe hain
apna kaam dhanda dekh le ne tem mile to aachi kitab pad gita saar padh ramayan padh kahaniya ki kitab padh comics padh inte to aachi wo bhi ho hain
Aur jahan tak manne suna hai Rajneesh ka ashram sabte ganda hai yo ek tarah ka ayyasi ka aada hai

deepshi
August 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
haha..tu ferr ashram me badd gaya:D
chhod na merryaar:p
kahi thi terr te-- kuchh likhi sunni pe objection ho to boll..
ASHRAM;) me k dharaa hai!

Yo bhi ek nasha hai ek baar padhoge fer sunoge fer dekhne ki icha hogi dekhoge aur fer ...................baba k ghara ja ke baith jao
je isa na hota to inki dukandari na chalti
saare modya ka yo e haal hai ar saare kime na kime ulat pulat dhande mein lag rahe hain
apna kaam dhanda dekh le ne tem mile to aachi kitab pad gita saar padh ramayan padh kahaniya ki kitab padh comics padh inte to aachi wo bhi ho hain
Aur jahan tak manne suna hai Rajneesh ka ashram sabte ganda hai yo ek tarah ka ayyasi ka aada hai

gaganjat
August 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Ravi ! typing error :mad:

there is 'slip of tounge' and there is 'slip of keyboard':D same shyit

yaar mai nashe me hota nahi lagta hu, bachpan se

meryar rest all is right per naam bee bhoolgya dakki !!!
Beer ka nasha hai ki ... (remember shaadi waali first meeting .. i just cant forget that :D)

or Deepshi madam mera katti bee mood na hai aapki baat kaatne ka ... yeh toh Gagan bhai ke reply per hi kaha tha ... Kasam tai ... aap maano yah na maano .. ek hi baar toh khilaaf bola hunga na aapke ... isnt it .. yah phir more than twice or thrice ho chuka !!! jo aapne mera naam sabse uper likh diya ... anyway likhti raho ..u generate interest :)

raj_rathee
August 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Like many great "thought leaders", Osho was not a generator of new ideas,
but rather a very skillful "packager" of our own thoughts and innermost desires.

When I too first came across his books I was able to immediately connect to
what he said, not because he exposed me to a new way of thinking, but
because he put in explicit words what I thought and felt all along. Note that
everything that one thinks and feels need not be practical and exercisable
for most of us. Yet, the preacher's allure is that (s)he makes you feel that
indeed it can be, and often he shows that it is, by example. To some extent
Osho did do that.

I think those who can appreciate Osho tend to be the ones who have a
greater sense of personal freedom, and do not like social shackles. Osho
connects easily to these people.

raj_rathee
August 11th, 2008, 12:19 AM

:confused::confused::confused:Pher ganda kyukar hoya????? :eek:

ritu
August 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM
u explained it so well...
Like many great "thought leaders", Osho was not a generator of new ideas,
but rather a very skillful "packager" of our own thoughts and innermost desires.

When I too first came across his books I was able to immediately connect to
what he said, not because he exposed me to a new way of thinking, but
because he put in explicit words what I thought and felt all along. Note that
everything that one thinks and feels need not be practical and exercisable
for most of us. Yet, the preacher's allure is that (s)he makes you feel that
indeed it can be, and often he shows that it is, by example. To some extent
Osho did do that.

I think those who can appreciate Osho tend to be the ones who have a
greater sense of personal freedom, and do not like social shackles. Osho
connects easily to these people.

pnauhwar21
August 11th, 2008, 12:33 AM
There is an OSHO ashram in Pune where I did a introductory tour once. Lot of foreigners guarding the campus throughout. Only interesting thing was that to join the Osho Meditations camps within ashram, you had to first clear HIV test. I never knew that HIV+ people can't meditate and connect to god. Or is S.... the starting point of Osho's teaching of life and god? Or as Raj mentioned above, he was not a spiritual guru per say, he only preached in explicit terms what remains deep within the human psyche and told his followers to remove any inhibitions of society (I wonder what would our society be if everyone followed his principles) - probably this is the reason, he became famous too soon in western world who already follow this principle to a large extent..Correct me if I am wrong with my little knowledge :)

raj_rathee
August 11th, 2008, 12:46 AM
There is an OSHO ashram in Pune where I did a introductory tour once. Lot of foreigners guarding the campus throughout. Only interesting thing was that to join the Osho Meditations camps within ashram, you had to first clear HIV test. I never knew that HIV+ people can't meditate and connect to god. Or is S.... the starting point of Osho's teaching of life and god? Or as Raj mentioned above, he was not a spiritual guru per say, he only preached in explicit terms what remains deep within the human psyche and told his followers to remove any inhibitions of society (I wonder what would our society be if everyone followed his principles) - probably this is the reason, he became famous too soon in western world who already follow this principle to a large extent..Correct me if I am wrong with my little knowledge :)

Prashant bro...to connect to god you need S....:D Mein tae jib bhi S.. mein
magan sun, jib eh roshni dikh ja sae... :p And by Roshni I mean "light"... :p

:eek::eek:

Regarding the western world...I don't think it is anywhere close
to what Rajneesh is all about...though it would be fair to say that the
western world is more in tune with the concept of personal freedom.

In all fairness, Rajneesh is way more than just S... It is a whole
thought framework that applies to eveything we are. S.. is just one part of
it all.

deepshi
August 11th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Haha.guys u r relentless
:confused::D

nyways..nice replies..:)

kep'em coming..
interesting...
but wud b better if we cud share/contradict his views..

raj_rathee
August 11th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Deepshi Madam is making me curious... :p:D

Anybody here with any real Ashram experiences to share? ;)
Meditation ke alawa aur ke-ke hove se ude? :eek:

spdeshwal
August 11th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Bhai Raj ek Ashram khud ka hi khol le

Chelle chapate khud sikha denge, ashram mein ke ke hua kare

Cheers!

positivelook
August 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Mr Dhillon

As u said ur not fan of anyone which i know anyway but really u explained it good in ur "profit theory". Definitely everyone in thisworld does everything for profit. Koi paise ke liye aur koi naam ke liye Osho and Gandhi have also one common thing both of them fought for freedom:D:boxinglike this.
Badhiya hogya OSho margya nahn toh Bush marwa deta usne!
Baaki bhai kaafi knowledge hai tanne OSho ke baare mein!

Abhimanyu Phougat

positivelook
August 11th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Deepshi Madam is making me curious... :p:D

Anybody here with any real Ashram experiences to share? ;)
Meditation ke alawa aur ke-ke hove se ude? :eek:
Rathee saab
Karutha village mein Baba Rampal ka Asharam mein kya-kya pakda gaya tha woh pata nahi hai ke aapne! Tht summarise the whole Asharamism very well!

Abhimanyu Phougat

rakeshsehrawat
August 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
haha..tu ferr ashram me badd gaya:D
chhod na merryaar:p
kahi thi terr te-- kuchh likhi sunni pe objection ho to boll..
ASHRAM;) me k dharaa hai!
tanne badhiya lagya tu padh tanne kun roke hai aade ek panna bhandegi to sab dhala ki baat howengi ar tanne padhan ki baat nahi puchi thee ke mein padh lyu ke nahi tanne uske views thought puche the uske thought ek kitab kitab mein nahi hain wa jagah bhi batawe hai jade uske bhagat hain uske bhagato ka rehan sehan bhi yehi batata hai.
baaki tu kitab padh kun roke hai ude mehangi aati honge courier karwaun?????

deepshi
August 12th, 2008, 05:44 AM
laa main e karaa duu courier ,,apni bataa..
champak nandan miley hain hadey bi Indian shop pe!
k fer Gandhi har jissa k bhakaye me aa rya ho te ve bhi bhijwaau:D

trust me. kuchh mehnga na hai hadey:)
tanne badhiya lagya tu padh tanne kun roke hai aade ek panna bhandegi to sab dhala ki baat howengi ar tanne padhan ki baat nahi puchi thee ke mein padh lyu ke nahi tanne uske views thought puche the uske thought ek kitab kitab mein nahi hain wa jagah bhi batawe hai jade uske bhagat hain uske bhagato ka rehan sehan bhi yehi batata hai.
baaki tu kitab padh kun roke hai ude mehangi aati honge courier karwaun?????

deepshi
August 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Ganhdi te achhe te Bhagat singh Rajguru har they-jinka koye jikar nhi, ar marwaey bi Gandhi ne ey--kar k dastakk

Gandhi ne te naas maar diya dess ka..
Mr Dhillon

As u said ur not fan of anyone which i know anyway but really u explained it good in ur "profit theory". Definitely everyone in thisworld does everything for profit. Koi paise ke liye aur koi naam ke liye Osho and Gandhi have also one common thing both of them fought for freedom:D:boxinglike this.
Badhiya hogya OSho margya nahn toh Bush marwa deta usne!
Baaki bhai kaafi knowledge hai tanne OSho ke baare mein!

Abhimanyu Phougat

Nishantrathi82
August 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Ganhdi te achhe te Bhagat singh Rajguru har they-jinka koye jikar nhi, ar marwaey bi Gandhi ne ey--kar k dastakk

Gandhi ne te naas maar diya dess ka..

Ib ye Osho ke yaahan Bhagat singh aur raj guru kaaha se aa gaye.
But sahe me Ghandi se acche to garam daal wale hee the.

VPannu
August 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM
But sahe me Ghandi se acche to garam daal wale hee the.
eeb ya daal kit te aagi? kiss dhaabbe jeem ke aaya hai aaj nishant?

Nishantrathi82
August 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Hahahaha daal na re bhai dal hai wo ib samjha k ya ibhe bhi na re ladke.

positivelook
August 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Koi Gave holi koi gave diwali! If u cant understand the meaning of what i put there than its not my fault!
Anyway lage raho OSHO ke bare mein reserch karte rahiye koi na koi rasta jaroor milega.

Abhimanyu Phougat

arvind1069
October 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
osho was a very good speaker and juggler of words and a psychologist.
but he was not a saint. not everything said by him is true.
but he had certain qualities....for which he must b appreciated.

deepshi
March 10th, 2010, 07:33 PM
"A fool is one who goes on trusting; a fool is one who goes on trusting against all his experience. You deceive him, and he trusts you; and you deceive him again, and he trusts you; and you deceive him again, and he trusts you. Then you will say that he is a fool, he does not learn. His trust is tremendous; his trust is so pure that nobody can corrupt it. Be a fool in the Zen sense.

Don't try to create a wall of knowledge around you. Whatsoever experience comes to you, let it happen, and then go on dropping it. go on dying to the past so you remain in the present, herenow, as if just born, just a baby. In the beginning it is going to be very difficult. The world will start taking advantage of you...let them. They are poor fellows. Even if you are cheated and deceived and robbed, let it happen, because that which is really yours cannot be robbed from you, that which is really yours nobody can steal from you. Your soul will become more crystallized."--OSHO

deepshi
March 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Thought for the Day : Put everything at the stake. Be a gambler! Risk everything, because the next moment is not certain, so why bother? Why be concerned? Live dangerously, live joyously. Live without fear, live without guilt. Live without any fear of hell, or any greed for heaven. Just live. OSHO

annch
March 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Although I am ignorant about Osho, except what would be in the news, some of his thoughts seem to be good...like the one you have quoted.....thanks for sharing. :)
I like one more, which is something like- "If you desire something, then do it....and do it to your hearts' content....and you will no longer desire it to an extent that it stresses you out".....

Thought for the Day : Put everything at the stake. Be a gambler! Risk everything, because the next moment is not certain, so why bother? Why be concerned? Live dangerously, live joyously. Live without fear, live without guilt. Live without any fear of hell, or any greed for heaven. Just live. OSHO

kapdal
March 10th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Although I am ignorant about Osho, except what would be in the news, some of his thoughts seem to be good...like the one you have quoted.....thanks for sharing. :)
I like one more, which is something like- "If you desire something, then do it....and do it to your hearts' content....and you will no longer desire it to an extent that it stresses you out".....

Are you serious?? "If you desire something, then DO it..."- Yeah right!! Say there are 2 people- X and Y, X desires Y, Y doesn't desire X. What does X DO?
And I better not comment on- "Put everything at the stake. Be a gambler!...." and "Don't try to create a wall of knowledge around you."
All anarchic thoughts have some resonance somewhere. But if everyone follows them, then the end result is anarchy.

shailendra
March 11th, 2010, 12:07 AM
"A fool is one who goes on trusting; a fool is one who goes on trusting against all his experience. You deceive him, and he trusts you; and you deceive him again, and he trusts you; and you deceive him again, and he trusts you. Then you will say that he is a fool (and/or 'Naive'), he does not learn. His trust is tremendous; his trust is so pure that nobody can corrupt it. Be a fool in the Zen sense."--OSHO

:confused: ... Well, I am not sure if he was advocating one to be such sort of a 'fool' in life, or was warning against unwittingly becoming one...??? (who knows, never kept up much on anything about this famous 'guru') :p...

...but then frankly speaking; does one really need to read any furthur than the first couple of bolded sentences.......... :rolleyes:

annch
March 11th, 2010, 01:38 AM
I said desire "some-thing"....and not "some-one"......

And, liking does not mean "following" it........:D....

Are you serious?? "If you desire something, then DO it..."- Yeah right!! Say there are 2 people- X and Y, X desires Y, Y doesn't desire X. What does X DO?
And I better not comment on- "Put everything at the stake. Be a gambler!...." and "Don't try to create a wall of knowledge around you."
All anarchic thoughts have some resonance somewhere. But if everyone follows them, then the end result is anarchy.

upendersingh
March 11th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Osho was a great philosopher to those who want to enjoy life to the maximum. Osho was very bad figure for backward people. Mainly Osho inspired his followers to have all 'fun' they can.
Alike many of his critics I am also a big hater of him. According to me his all doctrines are either childish or logicless and though I am nothing to his popularity and property, but still I can challenge all his doctrines.
His main doctrine was to have so much fun that you get tired of it and finally to have full peace of mind. The fact is this that as one can never be tired of daily meal, in same way one can never be tired of this damn fun. And if this fun is unjust then it may prove very dangerous to one's life and to the society as well. He opposed moorti pooja as I have read in one of the posts in this thread. Osho's this doctrine was also a foolish one. Moorti pooja is no less than meditation or exercise. One has to work hard for moorti pooja. And any kind of hard work never goes in vain.
Generally, a sage is supposed to show right way to the others, such a right way which can make others' life happy. If such sage's doctrines can't do any good to himself, then how can such doctrines change the lives of others? If Osho's doctrines were so effective, then why they couldn't save him from heart failure? And if heart failure can happen to any one, then what is the avail of listening to such pimp's (as once Mahesh Bhatt used this word for him) teachings? If lechers are given happy life here, then what should those people be given who work hard and perform self-mortification? Hard working and good charactered people are liked and praised everywhere, but lechers are condemned everywhere. As far as meditation is concerned, that's not Osho's finding.
Note : Others may have different views and my intention is not to hurt any of Osho followers.

ritu
March 11th, 2010, 03:13 AM
hahaha..anjoo.gud reply

kapdal
March 11th, 2010, 05:06 AM

Yeah, clever spin..:). Substitute someone by something, it sounds as trashy to me. These guru types are either followed or rejected. Maybe you want to selectively like some of his quotes. But I didn't like any of these quotes themselves. Sounds like all globe gyaan, especially the one you pasted. I thought it had uncanny similarity to Alchemist's- when you reaaaallly desire something, the whole universe conspires to let you achieve it. Both are essentially placing all the emphasis on strength of the desire and chasing it mindlessly. By the way, we both disliked Alchemist ;)

However, I must add that I have never read Osho in detail, only read about him. Somehow, I can't bring myself to read these guru-types, whether it is Osho or Deepak Chopra. But I understand from a discussion with a friend that he may have had a profound philosophy that I can't understand without reading him (and probably bulk of his followers also don't understand).

annch
March 11th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Aise hi, kuch bhi!!!! :)
The globe gyan that I posted is simply a way to say- do what you want to do and forget it...........
Yeah! to get what you want, you have to patiently wait for destiny to unfold its great conspiracy.....then do it to forget it...:D..

Yeah, clever spin..:). Substitute someone by something, it sounds as trashy to me. These guru types are either followed or rejected. Maybe you want to selectively like some of his quotes. But I didn't like any of these quotes themselves. Sounds like all globe gyaan, especially the one you pasted. I thought it had uncanny similarity to Alchemist's- when you reaaaallly desire something, the whole universe conspires to let you achieve it. Both are essentially placing all the emphasis on strength of the desire and chasing it mindlessly. By the way, we both disliked Alchemist ;)

However, I must add that I have never read Osho in detail, only read about him. Somehow, I can't bring myself to read these guru-types, whether it is Osho or Deepak Chopra. But I understand from a discussion with a friend that he may have had a profound philosophy that I can't understand without reading him (and probably bulk of his followers also don't understand).

ritu
March 11th, 2010, 06:50 AM
after reading the quote you posted i ate all the barfis which i made on the weekend for my husband(jinko na khaane se rokkne k liye mane aapne poore khaandan ki kasam kha rakhi thi).now there is no barfi no craving for sweet.thanks osho and thanku anjoo..........
Aise hi, kuch bhi!!!! :)
The globe gyan that I posted is simply a way to say- do what you want to do and forget it...........
Yeah! to get what you want, you have to patiently wait for destiny to unfold its great conspiracy.....then do it to forget it...:D..

kapdal
March 11th, 2010, 07:09 AM
after reading the quote you posted i ate all the barfis which i made on the weekend for my husband(jinko na khaane se rokkne k liye mane aapne poore khaandan ki kasam kha rakhi thi).now there is no barfi no craving for sweet.thanks osho and thanku anjoo..........

That's what I was talking about! :):)
Don't think I want to say "Keep it up". Let Anjoo say whether she really wants credit for this...:)

deepshi
March 11th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the replies guys...a lot
n thanks for not raising the "Ashram" thingy..some people just cant look beyond the sensationalism and fodder.
I myself wont ever go to any, or in favor of any these gatherings.
Prefer reading on forums or maybe some books.

And yes, m a novice, NOT A FOLLOWER again, and havent been through all his preachings or books.
just read one, and a forum online.

deepshi
March 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
"If you desire something, then do it....and do it to your hearts' content....and you will no longer desire it to an extent that it stresses you out".....

I thought it had uncanny similarity to Alchemist's- when you reaaaallly desire something, the whole universe conspires to let you achieve it. Both are essentially placing all the emphasis on strength of the desire and chasing it mindlessly. By the way, we both disliked Alchemist ;)

right guys..I DO believe it..had read Alchemist, but reckon it was first mentioned in the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne..or may be I read it before Alchemist.
but was superb

annch
March 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Ritu Di, aap ne toh wohi baat kar dii ki-
"Sharab samaj ke liye shrap hai, aao isse peekar khatam kar dein!!!"..
BTW, agli baar jab aap barfi banaye toh dekhna kitnii craving hoti hai ya nahin, warna Osho fail...:)

Naah, yeah toh Oshoji ka gyan/kamaal hai!!

That's what I was talking about! :):)
Don't think I want to say "Keep it up". Let Anjoo say whether she really wants credit for this...:)

deepshi
March 11th, 2010, 07:45 AM
. But if everyone follows them, then the end result is anarchy.
I hear u..I know...thats right..was wondering the same one day.
thats why everybody doesnt follow him ;)
so, someone has to balance all the robotic/stagnant/mechanical lives of killjoys..haha..kidding..

But then again...what I felt is, I just picked some of his preachings that made sense.
so, its upto u, whether u want to follow him BLINDLY and extremely ..leading to seditious perfidy, chaos or... just be positive, hopeful, thankful and happy!
so, plz...DONT pick up on any preachings that disturb you are are not in line....u can always condemn or plain disregard them.

deepshi
March 11th, 2010, 07:51 AM
:confused: ... Well, I am not sure if he was advocating one to be such sort of a 'fool' in life,
I put it this way...he wanted to be fool in a sense "dont lose ur hope, dont lose believing, because of some past experience, and certainly, dont be bitter, unforgiving, judgemental..or a plain smart-ass lol" coz the day u wud, u wud stop living.

AGAIN...I have not read him much, or maybe just the parts I found interesting/amusing/soothing/helping me move on when I had lost all hope.

vicky84
March 11th, 2010, 07:55 AM
"A fool is one who goes on trusting; a fool is one who goes on trusting against all his experience. You deceive him, and he trusts you; and you deceive him again, and he trusts you; and you deceive him again, and he trusts you. Then you will say that he is a fool, he does not learn. His trust is tremendous; his trust is so pure that nobody can corrupt it. Be a fool in the Zen sense.

ya vaise to kaafi common sense hai but "Zen sense" matlab??

deepshi
March 11th, 2010, 08:01 AM
dont know much..but related to Buddhism
he mentions it many times

deepshi
March 11th, 2010, 08:04 AM
and again guys..please dont interrupt/derail the thread or be judgemntal.
I had painstakingly started a similar thread to share his views, but a nasty troll ruined it with all his venom and spiteful coments, so got it deleted.
Hope it duznt end the same way
please disregard if u dont get it

tomarhitesh23
March 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Zen means knowledge

shailendra
March 12th, 2010, 01:21 AM
I put it this way...he wanted to be fool in a sense "dont lose ur hope, dont lose believing, because of some past experience, and certainly, dont be bitter, unforgiving, judgemental..or a plain smart-ass lol" coz the day u wud, u wud stop living.

AGAIN...I have not read him much, or maybe just the parts I found interesting/amusing/soothing/helping me move on when I had lost all hope.

Yup well,…it has my vote then; nothing wrong with that sorta outlook at all (that interpretation, I mean)…

----
;)…and come now Deeps, don’t worry….. there probably shouldn’t be any ‘Anti-Osho’ police coming after you; so it’s all good! :cool:

yudhvirmor
March 12th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I used to read about all these gurus and their philosophies. Life is not that complicated.. we make it complicated by thinking too much..Osho preached about unbound behavior and so the Deepak Chopra. We all live with desires and some met and some don't. No matter how resourceful person is, he/she can't live way these Gurus preached. We all have to draw boundary somewhere or sometime.

spdeshwal
March 12th, 2010, 04:25 AM
I used to read about all these gurus and their philosophies. Life is not that complicated.. we make it complicated by thinking too much..Osho preached about unbound behavior and so the Deepak Chopra. We all live with desires and some met and some don't. No matter how resourceful person is, he/she can't live way these Gurus preached. We all have to draw boundary somewhere or sometime.

I agree with you Yudhvir, Osho was a rebellion who encouraged his followers to challenge social norms and traditions. He was Psychologist cum philosopher who always sounded so convincing.Although he is still followed by some but never had popularity like some other Gurus. Even at his peak, he was non consequential to the common masses. His followers came from a particular background, mostly from upper middle class, who had no "roji rti ka masala". had enough to sit and explore different territories.

He had a distinct style in his writings that depicts a distinct thought process. I read couple of his books and listened to some of his audio recordings. He was very bold in his expressions that would attract any reader/ listener. But his philosophy were full of flaws that limited his flow. He didn't appeal to families or social groups. Even at his peak, we wouldn't find two members of same family as his followers.

ritu
March 12th, 2010, 08:46 AM
see its up to us what we want to learn.you do not have to go blindly after a guru.but if someone gets some inspiration during his or her bad times i do not see any harm in that.

yudhvirmor
March 12th, 2010, 12:21 PM
see its up to us what we want to learn.you do not have to go blindly after a guru.but if someone gets some inspiration during his or her bad times i do not see any harm in that.

Ritu ji being a father, only thing inspires or motivates me is to set a right example for my ward.. I am sure similar things inspires you too..whatever is happening in family or office, We still need to make sure we must bring out the best for out kids.

ek haryanvi main baat kya karen : Shyane admi ki toh Pand bhi badiya ar nikame ka sherana bhi bura...

Many times I found these gurus have some vested interests or hidden agenda and many of them try to be unconventional. Some people loose their original thought process and start following them blindly.

Life is too short to make all mistakes...

brahmtewatia
March 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM
He had a distinct style in his writings that depicts a distinct thought process. I read couple of his books and listened to some of his audio recordings. He was very bold in his expressions that would attract any reader/ listener. But his philosophy were full of flaws that limited his flow. He didn't appeal to families or social groups. Even at his peak, we wouldn't find two members of same family as his followers.
but then, deshwal sir... families and social group were never his targeted audience.

... let people reach a level of affluence, and the miseries associated (<<< note) i can bet, all will follow 'osho' !!!

prashantacmet
March 12th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Many times I found these gurus have some vested interests or hidden agenda and many of them try to be unconventional. Some people loose their original thought process and start following them blindly.

Life is too short to make all mistakes...

Yudhvir sahab!..Here is the crux of the Osho thought process... Most of the time Osho revolves around this. Osho always preached not to follow anyone blindly. He was a great mystic as well as a psychologist, he did enough to disrupt the thought process of hypocrite civilized society and that scared the imposters who never dared to dig in their heart deeply because they know how filthy they are from inside. He was the one who told this world that sex is not a sin (aurat narak ka dwar nahi hai) .In turn, he was tagged as sex guru/anti-social by these imposters. People in this world are at loggerheads all the time one always tries to outsmart otherone hiding himself and revealing other. Only few have the courage to reveal themselves in front of whole world and osho was the one. Better read his discourse to know him better......

yudhvirmor
March 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Yudhvir sahab!..Here is the crux of the Osho thought process... Most of the time Osho revolves around this. Osho always preached not to follow anyone blindly. He was a great mystic as well as a psychologist, he did enough to disrupt the thought process of hypocrite civilized society and that scared the imposters who never dared to dig in their heart deeply because they know how filthy they are from inside. He was the one who told this world that sex is not a sin (aurat narak ka dwar nahi hai) .In turn, he was tagged as sex guru/anti-social by these imposters. People in this world are at loggerheads all the time one always tries to outsmart otherone hiding himself and revealing other. Only few has the courage to reveal themselves in front of whole world and osho was the one. Better read his discourse to know him better......

Here my two cents:
1. Everybody has right to keep secrets so you and I. We all have movements where we didn't behave the way ideal human beings should have.
2. It may be humiliating for us to share those experiences as we just want to forget them and move on.
3. He was preaching not to follow anybody.
4. Sex is biggest nothing of all times.. its not sin but it may entice you to do sin to get it..
5. I didn't read much about him but I don't endorse any idea of living without any principles. we need a boundary line to differentiate between human beings and animals.

prashantacmet
March 12th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Here my two cents:
1. Everybody has right to keep secrets so you and I. We all have movements where we didn't behave the way ideal human beings should have.

Let me ask you..
who are these ideal human beings
what are the traits?/culture of ideal human being?
who set the guidelines for ideal human being?
Are these rules same on this planet or vary from region to region?
The people responsible for setting the guidelines followed the same? If yes how sure you are?

2. It may be humiliating for us to share those experiences as we just want to forget them and move on.

How do one get rid of this humiliation? Can anyone completely wipe out these experiences from his/her memory? How can one escape of the guilt turned out from these experiences?

3. He was preaching not to follow anybody.

Yes....I wish you could understand this.

4. Sex is biggest nothing of all times.. its not sin but it may entice you to do sin to get it..

I wonder still you want to set up an example for your children , product of "biggest nothing". Motto of your life goes in trash?

5. I didn't read much about him but I don't endorse any idea of living without any principles. we need a boundary line to differentiate between human beings and animals.

Yes, draw this line for others....and corrout your offspring!!

P.S.- Accept my apology if i offend you.

yudhvirmor
March 12th, 2010, 04:31 PM
P.S.- Accept my apology if i offend you.

Its my right to keep secrets or choose whom I am answerable to :)

mhundpuriamann
March 12th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Jat birathers and deeepshi !

While giving answer to somebody , osho once said " belief and blind belief " both r same because belief in itself is "belief" , it is blind by it's nature.

All of us r just nearly showing up who knows more about osho , or who is more intelligent :-) ,

we should focus on, what is the message of osho !

osho is simply saying that just try to see the world as it is ! means don't put ur eyes between, just see the nature without ur mind or senses. It is simple to say but this is very difficult (for me impossible) task.

If u come to this situation (seeing without mind) then u will come to know what was osho !

ok let's try this technique ! just try this at home :

have a rose flower and watch it : what u r thinking , let me tell

1. It's name is rose

2. It has this colour (white black or red whatever)

3. It grows on this type of bush (u will visualise rose plant )

4. You may think about thorns around it.

5. then u start thinking about thorns u will make philosophies about thorns.

6. and will go deep n deep in thoughts , those thoughts which r now not related to the flower , u started from the flower but went away somewhere else...............:-)

This is how our mind works , Osho , Kabeer and all our upnished rishees r just saying that just try to see the flower as it is , don't make any catagarisation (spelling problem ) ! Then u will see the "REAL" world ! Just try to see the EXISTENSE ! LIFE !

Then all ur so called philosophies (about society or whateer) will be dropped like anything !

deepshi
March 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM
hahahaha...funny
that reminded me of another post of urs

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?24374-Why-to-Feel-Proud-to-be-an-Indian-!!&p=176019&viewfull=1#post176019

aanhey..

Gold!

deepshi
March 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Yup well,…it has my vote then; nothing wrong with that sorta outlook at all (that interpretation, I mean)…

----
;)…and come now Deeps, don’t worry….. there probably shouldn’t be any ‘Anti-Osho’ police coming after you; so it’s all good! :cool:
haha..definitely..theres no 'Anti-Osho' police..but u neva know..those of ur trolly ;) friends

deepshi
March 12th, 2010, 07:10 PM
His philosophy in nut shell:Allow life, trust life, and by and by life will destroy all your inhibitions, and energy will start streaming in all those parts where it has been prevented.

So whatsoever you do, do with this hidden idea that you have to become more flowing. If you hold somebody’s hand, really hold it. You are holding it anyway, so why waste this moment? Really hold it! Don't just be two dead hands holding each other, each wondering when the other is going to leave.

If you talk, then let the talk be passionate, otherwise you will bore others and yourself.

Life should be a passion, a vibrating passion, a pulsating passion, a tremendous energy.

Whatsoever you do it should not be dull, otherwise don't do it. There is no duty to do anything, but whatsoever you feel like doing, really do it.

All inhibitions will disappear by and by, and your whole life will be reclaimed. Your body will be reclaimed; your mind will be reclaimed. The society has crippled the body, the mind â€" everything. They have given you certain choices; very narrow slits are open and you can only see from those slits. You are not allowed to see the total.

This is what I call a religious mind, a healthy mind. A religious mind is orgasmic, ecstatic. So' don't be frozen. Flow....

So remember, from this moment become more and more alert and be spontaneous. Flow with the moment Stream with the moment, and allow the moment to take possession of you, whatsoever the cost.

And you will never be a loser because more and more life will become possible to you. More and more your dead body, your dead consciousness, will become alive; blood will flow again. The feeling will start becoming aroused again and you will become a child again.

~ Osho ~
Awesomeo...good
will put some of his lines later after I go through them...yes theres so much to him apart from Ashrams and the only context some morons prefer to associate him with.

annch
March 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Quote- Dev Dahiyas' post on Osho-
"So whatsoever you do, do with this hidden idea that you have to become more flowing. If you hold somebody's hand, really hold it. You are holding it anyway, so why waste this moment? Really hold it! Don't just be two dead hands holding each other, each wondering when the other is going to leave.
So remember, from this moment become more and more alert and be spontaneous. Flow with the moment. Stream with the moment, and allow the moment to take possession of you, whatsoever the cost."

Unquote: Hmmmmm.......Dangerous stuff!!! :D....

singhvp
March 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Awesomeo...good
will put some of his lines later after I go through them...yes theres so much to him apart from Ashrams and the only context some morons prefer to associate him with.

There is nothing new in it. Most of us know about these simple facts of human perception. Mr. Jain alias Rajneesh alias Osho, a Psychology Teacher turned sensuous philosopher, came into limelight because of his unusually frank and uninhibited notions about human sexual behavior. Sexual urge being the most vulnerable sensation of our anatomy, has been the epicenter of human activities and the hottest subject matter of discussion since ages. But, in spite of being a biological natural urge, it is not a matter of public exhibition. Certain things have to be in private domain and we have to follow certain norms of decent public behaviour established in different phases of civilization. In the contemporary phase of civilization Osho or Rajneesh was passing through, preaching free sex was undesirable, especially in the Indian context. His preaching mainly attracted people from affluent section of society but some innocent youth belonging to middle class also fell prey to his perverted philosophy. One of my relative's bright son got lured to this sect and ruined his carrier going after "Sanyasins". I pity him. I think a person with average common sense does not need any briefing from Osho or his Ashrams for seeking pleasure. All of us know how to derive maximum pleasure out of our limited means. One does not need any specialized training discourse on to how to regulate his/her sexual behaviour. However, affluent people who remain constantly in search of pleasure by indulging in promiscuity find easy sanctuaries of pleasure(Ashrams) as they can afford to do so. Osho's, teachings if followed meticulously, will lead to promiscuity, lawlessness, indiscipline, retarded mentality and social disorder. Even a free society like America could not digest that level of openness, how can our society which is relatively conservative , where sex is still considered a taboo, can afford to do so. Our society is confronted with bigger and more important issues leaving no space for such kind of unproductive and perverted activities. I have watched late Shri Osho's interview with some White Journalist on You Tube today as suggested by one forum member and found his utterances bizarre and highly impractical. He had openly preached divorce and promiscuous behavior. Can we allow our women to indulge in such kind of lewd acts. It is true that we all like to see and experience beautiful and innovative things in life as it gives solace to our soul but we have to hav restraint to maintain an order in society. There is no end of desires but we have to control them to prevent any chaotic and anarchic situation in society. So please do not get carried away by a philosophy which may give you momentary pleasure but life long pain. Be firm, strong and sensible and then realise the real pleasure of life. "Pranayam aur kapalbhati karte rahna". Just think and then react with cool head.

ritu
March 12th, 2010, 11:28 PM
sir i really liked the advice you gave in last one line to do kapalbhaati and pranyama to achieve peace.why?? bcoz it made sense to me.i do not personally know you or your beliefs.but i know i m mature enough to incorporate what practices or behaivor are for my betterment.so its up to the receiver what he want to take or not.that feeling is already there you only need a confirmation or validity for that.i know that yoga is healthy but your advice reinforce that belief more.......
There is nothing new in it. Most of us know about these simple facts of human perception. Mr. Jain alias Rajneesh alias Osho, a Psychology Teacher turned sensuous philosopher, came into limelight because of his unusually frank and uninhibited notions about human sexual behavior. Sexual urge being the most vulnerable sensation of our anatomy, has been the epicenter of human activities and the hottest subject matter of discussion since ages. But, in spite of being a biological natural urge, it is not a matter of public exhibition. Certain things have to be in private domain and we have to follow certain norms of decent public behaviour established in different phases of civilization. In the contemporary phase of civilization Osho or Rajneesh was passing through, preaching free sex was undesirable, especially in the Indian context. His preaching mainly attracted people from affluent section of society but some innocent youth belonging to middle class also fell prey to his perverted philosophy. One of my relative's bright son got lured to this sect and ruined his carrier going after "Sanyasins". I pity him. I think a person with average common sense does not need any briefing from Osho or his Ashrams for seeking pleasure. All of us know how to derive maximum pleasure out of our limited means. One does not need any specialized training discourse on to how to regulate his/her sexual behaviour. However, affluent people who remain constantly in search of pleasure by indulging in promiscuity find easy sanctuaries of pleasure(Ashrams) as they can afford to do so. Osho's, teachings if followed meticulously, will lead to promiscuity, lawlessness, indiscipline, retarded mentality and social disorder. Even a free society like America could not digest that level of openness, how can our society which is relatively conservative , where sex is still considered a taboo, can afford to do so. Our society is confronted with bigger and more important issues leaving no space for such kind of unproductive and perverted activities. I have watched late Shri Osho's interview with some White Journalist on You Tube today as suggested by one forum member and found his utterances bizarre and highly impractical. He had openly preached divorce and promiscuous behavior. Can we allow our women to indulge in such kind of lewd acts. It is true that we all like to see and experience beautiful and innovative things in life as it gives solace to our soul but we have to hav restraint to maintain an order in society. There is no end of desires but we have to control them to prevent any chaotic and anarchic situation in society. So please do not get carried away by a philosophy which may give you momentary pleasure but life long pain. Be firm, strong and sensible and then realise the real pleasure of life. "Pranayam aur kapalbhati karte rahna". Just think and then react with cool head.

singhvp
March 13th, 2010, 12:47 AM
sir i really liked the advice you gave in last one line to do kapalbhaati and pranyama to achieve peace.why?? bcoz it made sense to me.i do not personally know you or your beliefs.but i know i m mature enough to incorporate what practices or behaivor are for my betterment.so its up to the receiver what he want to take or not.that feeling is already there you only need a confirmation or validity for that.i know that yoga is healthy but your advice reinforce that belief more.......

Ritu ji,

Thank you for appreciating my advice for Kapalbhati and Pranayam. It was in a lighter vein. Let me clarify, my intention is not to dissuade anyone against Osho's philosophy or way of life. I have simply expressed my disapproval of Osho's philosophy which I maintain. You may like it or not. Please do not get offended and let us introduce ourselves as we are from the same city. Originally I am from Bhiwani District but now settled in Sector-15, Sonepat in the vicinity of my Sasural in Sector-14. Currently I am in Malaysia. You may like to give your introduction if no longer angry.

shailendra
March 13th, 2010, 01:12 AM
...After all it's TGIF!...
Here's some fun with Guru's (and ahem,...their 'followers'!) :p;):D:):o

ritu
March 13th, 2010, 01:32 AM
sir i am not angry at all.i was just trying to say that we should not disrespect others beliefs or judge them.
i m not a follower of osho either .sir my parents live in sonepat.i m currently in usa.regards...

QUOTE=vpsingh59;241834]Ritu ji,

Thank you for appreciating my advice for Kapalbhati and Pranayam. It was in a lighter vein. Let me clarify, my intention is not to dissuade anyone against Osho's philosophy or way of life. I have simply expressed my disapproval of Osho's philosophy which I maintain. You may like it or not. Please do not get offended and let us introduce ourselves as we are from the same city. Originally I am from Bhiwani District but now settled in Sector-15, Sonepat in the vicinity of my Sasural in Sector-14. Currently I am in Malaysia. You may like to give your introduction if no longer angry.[/QUOTE]

virenderphougat
March 13th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Friends , i think Deepshi wanted to have a bit of serious discussion abt Osho and his philosophy towards life. The Forum , however, seems to have been hijacked by not so polite views of our members.
I believe Osho was a good philosopher and a very good orator .
All he said was to be Practical. Say what you do , and Do what you say.
BTW, This applies to everything in life , including the Subject some friends brought forward in previous posts, just for the sake of it.
Let's not become hypocrates. Life is very simple , we make it complicated.
Jai Hind

singhvp
March 13th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Friends , i think Deepshi wanted to have a bit of serious discussion abt Osho and his philosophy towards life. The Forum , however, seems to have been hijacked by not so polite views of our members.
I believe Osho was a good philosopher and a very good orator .
All he said was to be Practical. Say what you do , and Do what you say.
BTW, This applies to everything in life , including the Subject some friends brought forward in previous posts, just for the sake of it.
Let's not become hypocrates. Life is very simple , we make it complicated.
Jai Hind

Virender Bhai and Ritu ji,

Let me clarify further. I myself is an admirer of Shri Rajneesh as an individual. In fact during the prime of my youth I myself was a non-believer in the institution of marriage and tried to avoid considering it an unnecessary evil, intending to lead an unbridled life free of restrictions and inhibitions - finally succumbing to the pressure from family and society. Now, of course I am realizing that it would have been a wrong and ill-conceived notion/decision on my part. Likewise, many other young boys/girls must be having such revolutionary and innovative thoughts as a youth is always a romantic revolutionary.

Now coming back to subject I would like to add that unquestionably Osho was a man of letters with profound knowledge of not only psychology but other subjects. He was a very suave mystic, highly sophisticated and fine gentleman who was the last person to harm anyone. But I have my reservations about his philosophy and teachings which, in no way, doesn't lessen my respect to his followers or believers of his principles. I agree with you to a great extent that we are hypocrites. (At least I am a great self-proclaimed hypocrite). But it is due to our compulsion rather than a choice to be hypocrite. It is difficult to revolt against a huge mass of society and its values overnight. It requires immense courage and resources which very few people have, like Osho. I will take us centuries to Attain the level of consciousness Osho was able to. So I re-iterate my stand, with due respect to the believers, that I am not very comfortable with his proposition notwithstanding the fact that in my heart of hearts, I also feel like going to the Ashrams to experience the thrilling and exhilarating world of consciousness. Unfortunately and much to my consternation, the level of consciousness attained by majority of our fellow citizens including some highly educated and learned netizens on this forum is not so high to tolerate my indulgence in kind of activity, long cherished by me. I have my apprehensions of being socially ostracized and subjected to other psychological tortures. As I said ealier, this is not to discourage or dissuade anyone not to believe him and I have full respect to his believers. Unfortunately, I have to wait till the time I gather the requisite courage. Let us continue the debate and let people express themselves freely.

singhvp
March 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Sorry for some grammatical mistake in second para line two. Please ignore "in no way" or "doesn't"

brahmtewatia
March 13th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Now coming back to subject I would like to add that unquestionably Osho was a man of letters with profound knowledge of not only psychology but other subjects. He was a very suave mystic, highly sophisticated and fine gentleman who was the last person to harm anyone. But I have my reservations about his philosophy and teachings which, in no way, doesn't lessen my respect to his followers or believers of his principles. I agree with you to a great extent that we are hypocrites. (At least I am a great self-proclaimed hypocrite). But it is due to our compulsion rather than a choice to be hypocrite. It is difficult to revolt against a huge mass of society and its values overnight. It requires immense courage and resources which very few people have, like Osho. I will take us centuries to Attain the level of consciousness Osho was able to. So I re-iterate my stand, with due respect to the believers, that I am not very comfortable with his proposition notwithstanding the fact that in my heart of hearts, I also feel like going to the Ashrams to experience the thrilling and exhilarating world of consciousness. Unfortunately and much to my consternation, the level of consciousness attained by majority of our fellow citizens including some highly educated and learned netizens on this forum is not so high to tolerate my indulgence in kind of activity, long cherished by me. I have my apprehensions of being socially ostracized and subjected to other psychological tortures. As I said ealier, this is not to discourage or dissuade anyone not to believe him and I have full respect to his believers. Unfortunately, I have to wait till the time I gather the requisite courage. Let us continue the debate and let people express themselves freely.

very matured and sensible post... no. 1

deepshi
March 13th, 2010, 02:45 PM
In fact during the prime of my youth I myself was a non-believer in the institution of marriage and tried to avoid considering it an unnecessary evil, intending to lead an unbridled life free of restrictions and inhibitions - finally succumbing to the pressure from family and society. .
Marriage...best thing that can happen to u..indeed..
Sorry Osho mate....another li'l transgression

deepshi
March 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
All he said was to .. Say what you do , and Do what you say.

yup...cool..thats it !

brahmtewatia
March 13th, 2010, 02:49 PM
guys like osho are born few in a century... he was out of this world. you got to be out of this world to apprehend his thoughts.

फेर फंटू हो लिए...

Sorry for some grammatical mistake in second para line two. Please ignore "in no way" or "doesn't"

deepshi
March 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Can we plz..n its a request umpteenth time..come out of this cocoon of the "only" topic some guys relate him to..
trust me there are many..many..subjects he has spoken on..far better than these issues...n the ashrams n all
Wud come up with some of the thoughts and preachings on life,hope,happiness, surrender,loneliness, ecstasy, faith,acceptance..
N wud appreciate some words bout these topics as well..

deepshi
March 13th, 2010, 03:59 PM
thats ok guys..its hopeless......
the thread stuffed again...
Will get deleted..anyhow..thanks for some real nice inputs and thoughts...

sidchhikara
March 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Osho was very entertaining and charismatic.
I think a lot of babas in India also channel a little bit of Osho to attract foreign audiences especially women.
All these babas indulge in unnecessary abstraction - that does not make sense even to them.
I also find Deepak Chopra to be tedious.

brahmtewatia
March 13th, 2010, 09:29 PM
i'm new on this thread... i didn't hear yr 1st request, i didn't even heard yr 18th... but yaa, i hear now. same is true for other members as well. at a given time (at JL) you'll hardly find 50 active members.

don't mind my words, but i guess you are quiet a senior member to understand that the idea is yours only until such time it is implemented... once it lands, nd esp. on JL... उसकी बोटी बोटी नोच दी जायेगी... घने ए मेंबर हाडे ओशो ते कम थोड़े ही हैं.

members will keep on construing the meaning which is most apparent... i mean the dark (not bright) side of osho, and for what he is better known. imho, it is pointless beating your chest and try giving tongue to members and expect them to say what you want to listen. instead, come up with your thoughts on osho's preachings on life,hope,happiness, surrender,loneliness, ecstasy, faith,acceptance... and take it from there.

honestly, i would also like to listen to the bright (not dark) preachings of osho.

hope you succeed !

Can we plz..n its a request umpteenth time..come out of this cocoon of the "only" topic some guys relate him to..
trust me there are many..many..subjects he has spoken on..far better than these issues...n the ashrams n all
Wud come up with some of the thoughts and preachings on life,hope,happiness, surrender,loneliness, ecstasy, faith,acceptance..

thats ok guys..its hopeless.....

singhvp
March 14th, 2010, 07:15 AM
very matured and sensible post... no. 1

My sincere thanks to Braham - a 'ruthless but objective critic' who never gives any undeserved space even to his friends and never gives any concession to a novice like me for minor slips in the posts. It has come to me as a surprise and morale boosting pill. Anyway thanks again Braham. Would expect such endorsements in future also.

singhvp
March 14th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Desperately waiting for enlightening discourses from ashrams on "some of the thoughts and preachings on life, hope, happiness, surrender, loneliness, estasy, faith, acceptance" which might enable us to come out of this "cocoon" of the only topic and the realm of ignorance.

singhvp
March 14th, 2010, 07:51 AM
thats ok guys..its hopeless......

If you have brought some ideas for discussion in public domain you've got to be prepared to counter divergent views from a wide spectrum of viewers belonging to different schools of thought and philosophy. Your comments "its hopeless" and "will get deleted" etc. seems to have been borne out of a pre-conceived philosophical orientation and sound immaturish to me. It is my understanding, which may not be authentic, that Osho never preached desperation, intolerance to others' views. If you are a true follower, please come up with your rejoinders to all the criticism on this topic instead of giving an advice for closure. There is a popular saying/dictum - which may sound a little crude and rustic to you - "Onkhali mein sar diya to mooslon se kya darna".

pscil
March 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Tat Tuvam Asi in Sanskrit means you are "that" implying you are not "this". "This" means a being limited by the dimensions of space and time and subject to the laws of causality, and "that" means the self which is beyond these dimensions. Modern physics would collaborate that the dimension of time and space and causality started with the big bang.Beyond that it was condensed consciousness which created the world. As Ghalib would say “jab kuch natha tu khuda tha”

How can unlimited desires of the human heart ever be fulfilled by a world limited in time and space, a transient world. Therefore Indian philosophy always looked inward for fulfillment and realization and said "the only thing you conqueror is the self"; it further goes on to say " man is sacrifice" What is the self ? it is something which can never be known since it is beyond all dualities. It is consciousness where all dualities merge as Rumi Jalauddin said "beyond the right and the wrong there is a world I shall meet you there". The self can only be experienced because in the self the knower and the known merge into one. Therefore what pleasure will the finite give to someone whose hand is held by infinity. I know Rajneesh would not be offended by what I say.:cool:

urvashipawar
April 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM
OSHO preach about GOD that he does not exist.In one of his session he said if people belive that God created world then what do we call 'EVOLUTION' .I am wondring nobody ever told him that GOD is not a person ,God is FAITH.He always gives examples from western culture but dont you all agree that christans are the most superstitious people in this world.They are not practicle at all.Gautam budh also said about 'ASTHA' in other sence it is a name of god because we belive in it.
I do not agree with his dipiction because hez just explaning every thing from an angle which makes no sence to me.....

mittu
April 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
OSHO preach about GOD that he does not exist.In one of his session he said if people belive that God created world then what do we call 'EVOLUTION' .I am wondring nobody ever told him that GOD is not a person ,God is FAITH.He always gives examples from western culture but dont you all agree that christans are the most superstitious people in this world.They are not practicle at all.Gautam budh also said about 'ASTHA' in other sence it is a name of god because we belive in it.
I do not agree with his dipiction because hez just explaning every thing from an angle which makes no sence to me.....

I guess he is pretty much right when he said, GOD dint create any of us, and even if he says GOD does not exist, I do not find anything wrong in that. the moment you call GOD as FAITH, its a individualist choice, its confident belief in the trustworthiness of a person, idea or anything. collectively it was used to put fear of god in people, to keep their morality in check. So far, so god, but when people start relying on this idea, or using it for their own means, or forcing on other people to share it, it goes gray, useless and harmful sometimes. On Christians being more superstitious then us, may be, but this statement coming from a place where honor killings are defended relentlessly, people are killed on name of faith, brides are burnt, here talking pre-martial sex gets you 22 law-suits against you and wife's are raped on wedding nights, I think its better we don't compare ourselves with western countries.

On TOPIC, Osho is one of the very rare people, i wanted to meet, test and learn. his opinions on the marriage, are most controversial and anti-social, and which makes them worth discussion.
Osho calls marriage the ‘coffin of love'. He says: "They all say that love is eternal, never dies. Absolutely wrong. Real love dies sooner than unreal love. Unreal love can live long; it is unreal, how can it die? If you are pretending, you can pretend as long as you want to."
"Love needs only one thing, and that is courage. Courage to die into the other, to drop your own identity, your ego. Millions have decided not to love, but then life is misery, life is hell."
"If one really wants to live, one must be ready for insecurity, and love brings the greatest insecurity in the world because love cannot promise tomorrow. Love is of the moment, for the moment, in the moment. Love can only speak for this moment, not for the next; the next remains open, vulnerable, insecure." "Love may be, may not be. Love has no guarantee whatsoever. Which is why people choose marriage over love. Marriage is secure and safe, guaranteed by the law and the government and the society and the church-something they can depend upon. But in that very choice they commit suicide for they will never really live."
"Life itself is insecure. Life knows nothing of security. Death is very secure, so those who are cowardly choose death instead of life. They choose the false and the plastic instead of the real. And those who are courageous, they choose the real. They go with it, wherever it may lead. They surrender to it. They are ready to go into the uncharted and the unknown and the unseen."

As fascinating i find his thinking, i find it true too, I think people in this world are very different, very unique, too unique too follow same path, same pattern, same morality, same teachings, same guru, from birth to death. I don't think OSHO tells you to follow/love/like/learn/test him, he is just one individualistic walking tall, talking loud of what he thinks.

deepakchoudhry
May 2nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
He was a Brilliant Orator.

Well read, offered something to the people which was missing at the time, but a man who lectured of need to undertstand "desires" could not stop himself saying "NO" after the 1st Rolls Royce, 1st Designer Watch or the Super Luxury life he was leading.

A man who preached "freedom of spirit" had his disciples under so many controls and rules to follow....Makes one think :)

luccky
May 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
A true sanyasi lives in the present - he will not have possessions - he might not even have the money to buy his next meal. Both the fake Godmen, his followers and those who go after such swamis are fortune seekers. Godmen is using religion to become rich and conduct other antisocial activities. Followers are fortune seekers who want the help of an outside agency to reach God and bribe God and amass wealth, cure diseases, solve social problems and above all know the future.

luccky
May 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Osho and other gurus are not the creators of the world, neither they do anything good for masses except filing their pockets, living lavish life on the money of stupid people. Guys Believe in yourself, God (Krishna, Rama whoever you pray) resides in you, be Good, do Good !!