PDA

View Full Version : Famous Four and the Mindset!!!!

raj2rif
August 8th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Dear Members,

I am sure most of you must be following the current Test Series in Sri Lanka. Three out of the famous four have done nothing in this series except to scare the lower order batsman or say the tail, by getting bogged down against a normal bowling attack. The fourth one managed one half century. Since he is still batting I hope he does it one more time.

My problem is with the Captain himself. He has been the least innovative so far in this series. For example, what he could have done in tight situations:

In the first test, when the four batsmen scored the centuries in the first innings, he should have used the part time bowlers in an effort to break the partnerships. Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag have been more than useful bowlers.
Second test, when he saw that the off spinner Harbhajan was getting better results than he himself, he could have used the services of Sehwag as a bowler.
When in the first four innings he had seen that Dravid is struggling for form, he could have brought down Laxman at # 3 to bat and pushed every one back one space. Laxman is left to bat with the tail every time and that is not fair to him.
Once Dravid, Ganguly and Sachin have failed in four out of four innings, he should have been bold enough to tell one of them to give space to Rohit Sharma. Actually, the heavy weights like Dravid, Sachin, Ganguly and Laxman are not suppose to be scoring 40s or 50s. At least one of them should get past the three-figure mark in each innings.

Dravid’s over watchfulness un-necessarily make an ordinary bowler look un playable and thus build pressure on the batsmen to follow. Gambhir has done better than these four and given an opportunity I am sure Rohit Sharma would have made case for himself too.

Kumble’s captainship has been too defensive and too predictable. Surprise is the biggest weapon in any conflict, be it sports or battlefield, and a Captain needs to understand that and has to be bold enough to be unconventional at times.

I think it is time for Jumbo to retire and look for another job.

prashantacmet
August 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Dear Members,

I am sure most of you must be following the current Test Series in Sri Lanka. Three out of the famous four have done nothing in this series except to scare the lower order batsman or say the tail, by getting bogged down against a normal bowling attack. The fourth one managed one half century. Since he is still batting I hope he does it one more time.

My problem is with the Captain himself. He has been the least innovative so far in this series. For example, what he could have done in tight situations:

In the first test, when the four batsmen scored the centuries in the first innings, he should have used the part time bowlers in an effort to break the partnerships. Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag have been more than useful bowlers.
Second test, when he saw that the off spinner Harbhajan was getting better results than he himself, he could have used the services of Sehwag as a bowler.
When in the first four innings he had seen that Dravid is struggling for form, he could have brought down Laxman at # 3 to bat and pushed every one back one space. Laxman is left to bat with the tail every time and that is not fair to him.
Once Dravid, Ganguly and Sachin have failed in four out of four innings, he should have been bold enough to tell one of them to give space to Rohit Sharma. Actually, the heavy weights like Dravid, Sachin, Ganguly and Laxman are not suppose to be scoring 40s or 50s. At least one of them should get past the three-figure mark in each innings.

Dravid’s over watchfulness un-necessarily make an ordinary bowler look un playable and thus build pressure on the batsmen to follow. Gambhir has done better than these four and given an opportunity I am sure Rohit Sharma would have made case for himself too.

Kumble’s captainship has been too defensive and too predictable. Surprise is the biggest weapon in any conflict, be it sports or battlefield, and a Captain needs to understand that and has to be bold enough to be unconventional at times.

naa ji yu bhi gaya.....:tamatar:tamatar

brahmtewatia
August 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM

i wud say YES to abv reasoning if its all in his hands...gettin' rid of these stalwarts is easy said then dun...i guess its dirty politics, behind the scene...i see a true fighter in anil kumble

sir dont u think tht he's hand-cuffed ??? :confused:

can anyone giv me 1 gud reason as to y dravid nd ganguly still slithering...well for sachin i guess he's got sum steam to drag him upto (arguably) nxt WC.

Nishantrathi82
August 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Dear Members,

Sir i am agree with all your suggested ways but the big question is that we have to play with these 4 big guns because the very next series is with Australia. I know these three are not going to contribute anything in the coming series but still we can keep them till that time. I wish Dravid or Sachin if any of them will be able get himself in the form back, we can fight with Aussies. Aussies are getting prepare in a big way for the India series.
But still we have to look beyond these big guns.

raj2rif
August 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Sir i am agree with all your suggested ways but the big question is that we have to play with these 4 big guns because the very next series is with Australia. I know these three are not going to contribute anything in the coming series but still we can keep them till that time. I wish Dravid or Sachin if any of them will be able get himself in the form back, we can fight with Aussies. Aussies are getting prepare in a big way for the India series.
But still we have to look beyond these big guns.

Dear Nishant,

Australia is not a ghost. They have their own problems. I am not saying that you get rid of all these players for good. Let them go back to domestic cricket to get their form back, like they did for Sehwag. Dravid among all these four is probably is the most accomplished batsman, but on his current form I would rather give chance to a young player who has every cause to perform better. No one should take his place for granted.

Look at the current innings. Only player who played more balls than Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan is Gautam Gambhir. So from N01 in Batting order to N010 in batting order, the eight players could not even play those many balls leave aside scoring the runs. Do we believe that all these got unplayable balls early in their innings. I think it is their belief that no one can fire them, and performing better is not mendatory.

If we have to get 20 odd runs from middle order batsman, then why not groom the younger players at least they would save more runs than these while fielding thereby adding to their score.

Nishantrathi82
August 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Dear Nishant,

Australia is not a ghost. They have their own problems. I am not saying that you get rid of all these players for good. Let them go back to domestic cricket to get their form back, like they did for Sehwag. Dravid among all these four is probably is the most accomplished batsman, but on his current form I would rather give chance to a young player who has every cause to perform better. No one should take his place for granted.

Look at the current innings. Only player who played more balls than Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan is Gautam Gambhir. So from N01 in Batting order to N010 in batting order, the eight players could not even play those many balls leave aside scoring the runs. Do we believe that all these got unplayable balls early in their innings. I think it is their belief that no one can fire them, and performing better is not mendatory.

If we have to get 20 odd runs from middle order batsman, then why not groom the younger players at least they would save more runs than these while fielding thereby adding to their score.

Dear sir as i said i am agree with you but actually i have soft corner for Dravid i am a big fan of his game and i still beleive that he can jump back he is having a very strong Temperament and i will be the happiest man if he bounce back. Sir this type of problem can arise with anyone but even i am not very much sure whether to keep them in team or not but atleast we can replace ganguly about Dravid i am sure he will come back preety soon with a great knock. Ya i know that Australia is not a ghost and even now they are not best in the cricket but still to face those people we need Sachin and Dravid and i am telling you sir at the end of that series i will have words with you regarding this issue and at that time you are going to say that Dravid and sachin batted really well(Let's Hope for the best)

jitender_singh
August 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hum to sehwag ke fan hain...
I think if he able to bat few more good innings..
he will be next test team captain....

dhoni is the most overrated indian player...
even without playing he is in news every time... don't know why..:confused::confused:

recently read few articles in TOI .. why experts still reluctant to add sehwag in the list of all time greats...his last 11 innings are 150+ , two triple centuries.. always a team player..

Nishantrathi82
August 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Tendulkar ruledout from 5 match oneday series because of Injury.
He is a smart guy because he know if is not able to score runs in oneday Dhoni will going to through him out from onedayrs so he planned in great way:D. Good luck Sachin !!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D