PDA

View Full Version : Haryana to start big-ticket state league from Sept 12

anil_rathee
September 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
A good news for FOOTBALL lovers in haryana.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1187205

NEW DELHI: Cashing in on the rising graph of Indian football, Haryana Football Association (HFA) on Monday announced the launching of a state league from September 12 with a prize fund of Rs 10 lakh.
The league will have 11 teams -- nine district and two institutional sides -- and the winner will get Rs 10 lakh while the runners-up will pocket Rs 6 lakh, HFA President Deepinder Singh Hooda said at a press conference here.
The two semifinalists teams will be richer by Rs 2 lakh each while all the participating teams will get Rs 1 lakh each.
There will be separate awards for best forward, best half-back, best defender, best goalkeeper and player of the tournament.
"In all 57 matches -- 56 league and the final of the top two -- will be played at two venues, Gurgaon and Faridabad, on Saturdays and Sundays," Hooda said after signing MoUs with representatives of Hero Honda and JCB, the two private companies sponsoring the tournament.
The two private companies are giving the HFA Rs 20 lakh each for three years.
"Two matches -- one match in each venues -- will be played in a day and the inauguration will be held at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Gurgaon," he added.
The eleven teams are district teams of Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Fatehbad, Rewari, Jhajjhar, Rohtak, Mahendragarh, Hissar and institutional teams of Haryana Police and Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam (HVPN).
I-League second division side Amity United will not play in the state league while foreigners will not be allowed to take part for at least three years.
Hooda thanked AIFF chief Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi for his guidance and charting our a road map for the launch of the league.
Dasmunshi said by launching the league, Haryana was going in the right direction to tap the talent from the state.
"I have been saying all states should have leagues. I am happy that out of 29 associations under AIFF we have 18 states running their leagues now. In future no football match will be accredited without the banner of any league, as per the directives of FIFA," he said.
"National coach Bob Houghton has been saying that Haryana players have the physique and strength to play at the top level. So, I hope players from the state will be able to find place in the national side in near future," he said.
Hooda said 47 teams will play for the division B which will have also have rural teams and the top two will be promoted to Division A.

rsdalal
September 23rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
A step in right direction....
Good job Deepender.

A good news for FOOTBALL lovers in haryana.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1187205

NEW DELHI: Cashing in on the rising graph of Indian football, Haryana Football Association (HFA) on Monday announced the launching of a state league from September 12 with a prize fund of Rs 10 lakh.
The league will have 11 teams -- nine district and two institutional sides -- and the winner will get Rs 10 lakh while the runners-up will pocket Rs 6 lakh, HFA President Deepinder Singh Hooda said at a press conference here.
The two semifinalists teams will be richer by Rs 2 lakh each while all the participating teams will get Rs 1 lakh each.
There will be separate awards for best forward, best half-back, best defender, best goalkeeper and player of the tournament.
"In all 57 matches -- 56 league and the final of the top two -- will be played at two venues, Gurgaon and Faridabad, on Saturdays and Sundays," Hooda said after signing MoUs with representatives of Hero Honda and JCB, the two private companies sponsoring the tournament.
The two private companies are giving the HFA Rs 20 lakh each for three years.
"Two matches -- one match in each venues -- will be played in a day and the inauguration will be held at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Gurgaon," he added.
The eleven teams are district teams of Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Fatehbad, Rewari, Jhajjhar, Rohtak, Mahendragarh, Hissar and institutional teams of Haryana Police and Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam (HVPN).
I-League second division side Amity United will not play in the state league while foreigners will not be allowed to take part for at least three years.
Hooda thanked AIFF chief Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi for his guidance and charting our a road map for the launch of the league.
Dasmunshi said by launching the league, Haryana was going in the right direction to tap the talent from the state.
"I have been saying all states should have leagues. I am happy that out of 29 associations under AIFF we have 18 states running their leagues now. In future no football match will be accredited without the banner of any league, as per the directives of FIFA," he said.
"National coach Bob Houghton has been saying that Haryana players have the physique and strength to play at the top level. So, I hope players from the state will be able to find place in the national side in near future," he said.
Hooda said 47 teams will play for the division B which will have also have rural teams and the top two will be promoted to Division A.

vijay
September 23rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Good news for Football Players and Sports Fans ....

I hope that Haryana Players can shine at National and International levels in Football too.:)