PDA

View Full Version : Who owns kashmir?

navingulia
September 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
WHO OWNS KASHMIR?

An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly that made the world community smile.

A representative from India began: 'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Rishi Kashyap of Kashmir, after whom Kashmir is named.

When Rishi Kashyap struck a rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a bath.'
He took off his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water.

When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Pakistani had stolen them.

The Pakistani representative jumped up furiously and in support of Pakistan, he shouted, 'What are you talking about? The Pakistanis weren't there then.'

The Indian representative smiled and said, 'And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech.'

poonam
September 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hahahaa!
Smart.........very smart!

skadian123
September 19th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Dear Navin,

A very good post indeed. True and witty at the same time.

Just the other day, happened to read some very good articles on the website of Times of India, one of them having been written by Tarun Vijay who is a writer par excellence. Am posting the link to his article which depicts the real picture as seen from the eyes of a true Indian who has been wronged for years on end by his government and its policies.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Opinion/Columnists/Tarun_Vijay/Son_of_Devaki/articleshow/3396388.cms

He's undoubtedly one of the very few prominent writers who doesnot shy away from calling a spade a spade.

The best solution in the current context that seems both practical and possible is to trifurcate J&K into Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, yet at the same time maintaining the territorial integrity of India at any cost.

Regards,

Sunil

PrashantHooda
September 19th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hahahahaha Hilarious and smart :) :) Presently we are missing such diplomacy in practice. :)