PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Picture of Jats

madhu2008
September 21st, 2008, 03:37 PM
hello to all n thnx for sparing a few moments of ur precious time.
well myself being a jat by origin, do believed in virtues of jats, n used to have high opinion abt the same.i was also blessed with the same vision by my parents also.but after seeing n feeling the practicality of life i was really startled to visualize the truth.
today i had the first chance to go thru this site n its write ups,felt like sharing a bit of my experiences.
although i appreciate n congratulate those who have really contributed towards the uplifting of the whole jat race bt sorry to say jats are still far frm being acclaimed to b worthy of high repute.there are still wolves in the skin of sheep.i read a lot of articles on this site today about various issues bt cdnt check even a single article related to the status of woman in jats.i realise that the population of jats is widespread and i think women constitute a giant portion of it but their participation and awareness seems to b of negligible level.jats are often valued for their virtues of bravery,committment,being supportive n extrovert but are they really so????
the doubt still lies............
let me share a true plight of a jat girl,bt b4 that i must put forth that since i m a teacher by profession n have the opportunity of dealing n interacting with human strata,so cdnt resist myself to share this true yet negative aspect of jat community.
its an experience of an urban -cum-rural girl of jat origin in delhi village.she was born in a middle class family bt educated one,father being a teacher n mother housewife.she had two other siblings,elder brother n younger sister.she saw her parents boldly facing the ups n downs of life n yet emerging as winner in the eyes of their children.a simple yet a girl with high morals,competent attitude n virtue of courage and boldness marked her personalityalongwith good intellectual level.she stepsin one of the best colleges of delhi with her dedication n high hopes of career.gradually progressed towards a good career but just at the threshold of her bright future,her dreams were shattered by her fathers health who suffered massive heart attacks yet survived for her.she became witness to the trauma of her brother's breaking matrimonial relation,still tried to keep her dreams intact.destiny played the game when just after college she gt engaged to a JAT guy with gud status.the person used her emotions for a few months and just as he gt promoted n left for abroad,told everyone that she was liked by someoneb4 engagement.so he cdnt accept her.
again she collected the broken pictur of her life n met a guy as per everyones choice of jat caste who promised to support her bt left her midway without any reason ,just to come later after 2 yrs to tell that he had tumour n cdnt tell his parents abt her.finally she decides to go for post graduation and fight all odds in life but once again life gave her a chance to laugh at her being a jat.
a jat again approached her n gave commitment for lifetime,this time to b bluffed n deceited with divorce after 1 yr bcoz she was blamed for not being a traditional jat girl who is expected to b introvert, traditional.,submissive.since she was bold n didnt bow to the circumstances she gt the result and the same jat caste stigma still hangs with her.she fought again n might win ever bt this really has shaken atleast my trust in dignity n virtues of jat who claim to b progressive???????/
i leave the things open ended to ur conclusions

dkumars
September 21st, 2008, 04:10 PM
well myself being a jat by origin, do believed in virtues of jats, n used to have high opinion abt the same.i was also blessed with the same vision by my parents also.but after seeing n feeling the practicality of life i was really startled to visualize the truth.
today i had the first chance to go thru this site n its write ups,felt like sharing a bit of my experiences.
although i appreciate n congratulate those who have really contributed towards the uplifting of the whole jat race bt sorry to say jats are still far frm being acclaimed to b worthy of high repute.there are still wolves in the skin of sheep.i read a lot of articles on this site today about various issues bt cdnt check even a single article related to the status of woman in jats.i realise that the population of jats is widespread and i think women constitute a giant portion of it but their participation and awareness seems to b of negligible level.jats are often valued for their virtues of bravery,committment,being supportive n extrovert but are they really so????
let me share a true plight of a jat girl,bt b4 that i must put forth that since i m a teacher by profession n have the opportunity of dealing n interacting with human strata,so cdnt resist myself to share this true yet negative aspect of jat community.
its an experience of an urban -cum-rural girl of jat origin in delhi village.she was born in a middle class family bt educated one,father being a teacher n mother housewife.she had two other siblings,elder brother n younger sister.she saw her parents boldly facing the ups n downs of life n yet emerging as winner in the eyes of their children.a simple yet a girl with high morals,competent attitude n virtue of courage and boldness marked her personalityalongwith good intellectual level.she stepsin one of the best colleges of delhi with her dedication n high hopes of career.gradually progressed towards a good career but just at the threshold of her bright future,her dreams were shattered by her fathers health who suffered massive heart attacks yet survived for her.she became witness to the trauma of her brother's breaking matrimonial relation,still tried to keep her dreams intact.destiny played the game when just after college she gt engaged to a JAT guy with gud status.the person used her emotions for a few months and just as he gt promoted n left for abroad,told everyone that she was liked by someoneb4 engagement.so he cdnt accept her.
again she collected the broken pictur of her life n met a guy as per everyones choice of jat caste who promised to support her bt left her midway without any reason ,just to come later after 2 yrs to tell that he had tumour n cdnt tell his parents abt her.finally she decides to go for post graduation and fight all odds in life but once again life gave her a chance to laugh at her being a jat.
a jat again approached her n gave commitment for lifetime,this time to b bluffed n deceited with divorce after 1 yr bcoz she was blamed for not being a traditional jat girl who is expected to b introvert, traditional.,submissive.since she was bold n didnt bow to the circumstances she gt the result and the same jat caste stigma still hangs with her.she fought again n might win ever bt this really has shaken atleast my trust in dignity n virtues of jat who claim to b progressive???????/

First of all welcome to JatLand Mona.
Mona, the story u narrated is really disheartening and was really injustice with the gal by situations and fate. I feel sorry for the girl. But as u mentioned her father got heart attacks, broken brothers matrimonial and what happened with the girl herself, i feel these things do not have any relations with Jats. That can happen anywhere. Heart attacks, breaking matrimony and heart break happen in all the castes and religions. So, i feel if u blame Jats for that then that is injustice with the whole community.
As far as the gals own relations being a third party i can conclude that again that is nothing to do with jats. This can hapen anywhere in any caste so why to blame whole community. Do u feel if the gal were a brahmin/baniya then these things cant happen ?

I have sympathy for the girl whatever happend with her but i am not ok with the subject and conclusion u drew.
This is purely my perception and i am sorry not to support the post ur way. May be i am wrong but i hope other members will correct me on this.

dkumars
September 21st, 2008, 04:18 PM
although i appreciate n congratulate those who have really contributed towards the uplifting of the whole jat race bt sorry to say jats are still far frm being acclaimed to b worthy of high repute.there are still wolves in the skin of sheep.i read a lot of articles on this site today about various issues bt cdnt check even a single article related to the status of woman in jats.

Mona, there are lot of articles where we had a healthy debate/discussion on woman's situation in Jat community as well as our society. May be ur search was not efficient or merely u cudn hit the right place. Anyway, we shall provide u some links here on the related topics.

Dev

jyotikohar
September 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
Dear Mona

welcum on jatland dear

n m really sorry for the gal...........it shd not happen with ne gal..........dear mona DEV is absolutely right dat it can happen in ne community................

v JATS r gud in many ways rather den other communities.
my marriage happened 12 years b4 n its just dowryless. v JATS r more progressive den others.

problems r evrywhere...............v hv to face dem n hv to cum out.

so dear think positive.

vijay
September 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome at Jatland Mona.

Feeling proud of one's own community and facing the hardcore practicality of life doesn't have any connection except that strong people can face them while weaker get defeated so easily. Religion, Race and Caste doesn't matter against real facets of life. Similarly, good and bad people are in every community and everywhere on this planet. There is not a distinguished community which can be termed as a good or bad community.

Bravery, committment, supportive and extrovert are individual specific traits which you can find in various peoples (more or less) of any community. There are no universal traits for any specific community. Individuals only possess different kind of traits and that vary from person to person.

The girl seems very unfortunate that her life is spoiled by some bad people and as it is already said by Dev and Jyoti ( maybe will be followed by more people ) that these type of people exists in every community and this have nothing to do with the Jat Community only.

keshavdahiya
September 21st, 2008, 10:49 PM
This mite be a true story of a JAT gurl.....BUT does it apply for all jats...even if facing the similar situation thrice...doesnt mean she shud curse her community for what actually happened.....we learn from our mistake...repeating the same mistake twice makes us animals..and if for some reason it repeats thrice.....shud she have be prompt enough & not to be forced in similar situation again ??

I can relate the similar picture with Russian gurls....who actually have even worse environment.....the "REAL" Russian men are known for literally beating their women....its "more or less" <<watch out inverted commas plz...more or less same with turkish community.

Then comes mexicans, who treat their wives none less then animals....but I never heard those people cursing there communities....Jats are known for their Virtues, honorable attitude and bravery.....but not in terms of beating their women....times are changing NOW....but it'll take some time....taboos like dowery, female foeticide etc are some vunerable traits in our community...though still practiced in other parts of country.
So a sincere advice....one incident or a series of events should not be the reason to feel low in life and curse our own people....rather driving force to keep moving and be a motivating factor to bring a change

PrashantHooda
September 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hello Mona Ji
You have brought an important issue infront of us and initiated a good discussion through this disheartening story. I'm disappointed after reading about such a painful journey of that girl. :(
It reveals that we are loosing our social values day by day. We are growing as doctors, engineers, lawyers but our human aspects are not going down simultaneously.
And blaming only the Jat community is not fair at all. Bcz we are living in the same society where others live. We learn to behave from our family and outer world as well.

anilsinghd
September 22nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
Welcome to Jatland Dear! :)

well myself being a jat by origin, do believed in virtues of jats, n used to have high opinion abt the same.

The use of past tense is very disappointing, beliefs should be formed by long thoughts , feelings and observations and should be lived with for liefe. either u did not believe enough or you are wrong to feel that they are broken now. :)

i was also blessed with the same vision by my parents also.but after seeing n feeling the practicality of life i was really startled to visualize the truth.

Life is a very good teacher , the only bad thing about it is that it teaches the hard way! Though lessons once learnt are far more remembered than the class room lessons! :)

bt cdnt check even a single article related to the status of woman in jats.

Presence of a couple of female moderators in form of Rainu Kadian and Maniisha Sherawat and Bharti ji ( till a month back ) is itself a good enough proof that JAtland does give the women folk importance.
Presence of avid writers in form of the two (confusing) Neelam's , Sunita Hooda , Shweta Dhaka , Ritu , Poonam and others just strengthen the opinion ! :)

her dreams were shattered by her fathers health who suffered massive heart attacks yet survived for her.she became witness to the trauma of her brother's breaking matrimonial relation,still tried to keep her dreams intact.

You are being contradictory in saying "dreams were shattered" and then saying "dreams were kept intact". Not to be word-picker , let us agree on this that the harsh realities of life should not act as dream breakers , they should strengthen the faith even more!

Just putting this here:

ki baandh le khwab ko tu
aatam shakti ki dor se
dor se, dor se....

aur gaanth laga palkon par tu
jor se, jor se...

ki jab halchal ho,
sapna hile aur palke uthein
shor se ,shor se....

to khwaab tera bandh jaye aankhon main aur jor se, jor se...
:) !

destiny played the game when just after college she gt engaged to a JAT guy with gud status.the person used her emotions for a few months.

the choice itself was wrong , status cannot be the criterion? She should have been bold enough ( I leverage this from your post where you do mention her as an intellectual and bold girl).
Even after making the choice , if she cannot get the truth out of the person , I doubt her judgements and for that she has herself to curse. We canot put the blame of our shortcomings on others , can we?

Its only human to do mistakes , it is being an average person to do it twice , it is being stupid and foolish to commit it thrice or more , people did have sympathise with her , I do not. Either she should just put away the boldness tag which you are so harping upon , or she should be bold enough to realise and consent to herself and others for doing the mistakes. She has herself to blame , irrespective of getting the resources to do education , sharpen her intellect and the various opportunities that were offered to her by good parenting and else , she finds herself in this apologetic situation! Imagine the plight of those who do not get any of those resources and still land up even worse than her! :)

sorry for being a bit harsh on choice of words but it all looked like a story used to enrage sentiments with some nice words usage!

I reiterate my favourite quote and I do not know who said it , might be myself : I know it is hard , but then so is life! :)

Forget the simple models of life , give your best , without that do not complain! :)

ygulia
September 22nd, 2008, 04:07 AM
As explained by all the persons earlier, I am also of the opinion that it is unfair to blame community for such incidents. You will find such stories in every community. My only advice to the girl is that she should move on her life despite these all odd events in her life. She will definitely get one day a good life partner who can understand her better.

ansha
September 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Dear Mona
My heartfelt sympathy for your friend's "failed"
relationships and am sure she must have learnt
some lesson from her experiences.

I do salute her for carrying on with her education
in spite of adversity in her life.

madhu2008
September 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
well i must thank to all of u for being concerned enough and giving positive criticism.well as pointed out by a few frnds ,i m nt against the community or anyone's sentiments bt just wanted to put forth my opinion regarding the regarding high prestige we acclaim for jats.altough i agree that we have broadminded aspects also bt still cant neglect the crude reality that we still have backwardness in our community.n moreover as for the girl,she had been subjected to circumstances like this bt she didnt loose her hope,she stood against those stone hearted people n fought legally for justice.she realised her power n started her life afresh with new career hopes.

dkumars
September 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
well i must thank to all of u for being concerned enough and giving positive criticism.well as pointed out by a few frnds ,i m nt against the community or anyone's sentiments bt just wanted to put forth my opinion regarding the regarding high prestige we acclaim for jats.altough i agree that we have broadminded aspects also bt still cant neglect the crude reality that we still have backwardness in our community.n moreover as for the girl,she had been subjected to circumstances like this bt she didnt loose her hope,she stood against those stone hearted people n fought legally for justice.she realised her power n started her life afresh with new career hopes.

All the very very best for that gal and hope she will have a better time.
Well, Mona ji i do believe in this proverb ki "Samay se pehle aur mukkadar se adhik kabhi kissi ko nahi milta"

Par fir bhi apni koishish naa chodde dheere dheere sab achha ho jaayega. Wish good luck for that gal :)

anilsinghd
September 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
Well, Mona ji i do believe in this proverb ki "Samay se pehle aur mukkadar se adhik kabhi kissi ko nahi milta"
:)

To substantiate Devender:

dheere dheere re mana dheere sab kuch hoye
maali seenchein 100 ghada , ritu aaye fal hoye :)

gaganjat
October 16th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Manne sochi hade kimme realistic /natural picture-pacture hogi jata ki :mad: ik bhi photo konya

piyush83
October 16th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hey Mona.

Someone above pointed out that good and bad people are everywhere, and the experiences the girl went thrrough can happen in any community.
If I had to give the girl advice about future relationships with men, I would tell her: Dont pay ANY attention to what a man says, pay attention to what he does.

vivekdh
October 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
main bhi yaa e soch ke aaya tha hadde

Manne sochi hade kimme realistic /natural picture-pacture hogi jata ki :mad: ik bhi photo konya

brahmtewatia
October 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Someone above pointed out that good and bad people are everywhere, and the experiences the girl went thrrough can happen in any community.
If I had to give the girl advice about future relationships with men, I would tell her: Dont pay ANY attention to what a man says, pay attention to what he does.
nice thots... guess the viceversa also holds true ! :D

suneet_rana
October 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Mujhe to bas itna lagta hai ki iss saari ghatna se JAT hone ka kya sambandh hai mujhe ye samajh nahi aa raha hai. ye kewal ek hi sotry nahi hai aisi na jaane kitni hongi but no boday can relate it with any caste for this.

koi ek galat ho sakta hai or das sahi bhi mil jaayenge but wo kisi bhi religion or caste ke ho sakte hai

suneet_rana
October 17th, 2008, 11:24 AM
yaha jatland par hi inti sari women hai kya wo sab bata sakti hai unke saath kitne sare atyachar ho rahe hai because of backwardness in our community.

Mona ji pahle aap hi shuru kar do... apne upar dahe atyacharo ki list

ravinderjeet
October 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Welcome to Jatland Dear! :)

sorry for being a bit harsh on choice of words but it all looked like a story used to enrage sentiments with some nice words usage!

I reiterate my favourite quote and I do not know who said it , might be myself : I know it is hard , but then so is life! :)

Forget the simple models of life , give your best , without that do not complain! :)
this is the best answer on this topic.heance it should be closed.