PDA

View Full Version : Revenge....Right or Wrong...??????????

harvindermalik
September 21st, 2008, 06:15 PM
Here is a news from Heart of Jatland…..this may be a simple crime story for News Media… but this news have a social and emotional angle too… a mother took revenge of her daughter’s murder ..and law is working as per law book..what u all think on this?? Was she right or not… feel free to write your views….
Rohtak Couple’s Murder
Life term for son’s mother-in-law, supari killer
Sunit Dhawan
Tribune News Service
Rohtak, September 20

The court of local Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajay Kumar Sharda today awarded life term to Bimla of Mundka village and Rajesh Mogli in the murder case of a local couple, Deep Chand and Neelam Suhag.
The Suhags were gunned down by two youths, who had visited their house located on the Sonepat road along with their son’s mother-in-law Bimla. The murder took place on November 5, 2004.
Naresh, who used to work at Suhags’ house as a domestic help, later stated in court that he had seen Bimla signalling the youths to open fire at the Suhag couple.
The police investigation into the matter also revealed that Bimla had plotted to get her daughter’s in-laws killed with the help of supari (hired) criminals.
The supari killers were identified as Rajesh Mogli and Mahabir Don. Of these, Mogli was arrested by the police. Bimla surrendered before the court.
Earlier, Suhags’ son Anil had been jailed in connection with his wife’s death. Following this, Bimla apparently hatched a conspiracy to avenge her daughter’s death and to grab the prime property of the Suhags.
Pronouncing the sentence today, the court of ADSJ Ajay Kumar Sharda awarded life term to Bimla as well as Rajesh Mogli; and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them.

raj_rathee
September 21st, 2008, 08:23 PM
I think the mother did what she had to.
Probably could have done it better to minimize risk to herself, but
she did the right thing.

siwach2767
September 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
i think she did not done a right thing. she should have forgive them. To kill anyone for avenge is not a big deal but to make them realise that they have not done good is the greatest task.

Aaj saari duniya mein har koi kisi n kisi ka dushman hai. if everyone follow the path of killing then....i beleive in "Badla na lo kisi se, Badl kar dikhao." phillosophy. duniya mein aisey kitney case hain jismein maaf kiya gaya hai badey se badey criminal ko. orissa me jab missonary ko jinda jalaya tha unke do beton ke saath unki wife ne unhe maaf kar diya. we should not take law in our hand. there is a proper channel to take revenge. we must follow the law and to trust it. if this was the right way then what is the law and order meant for.

raj2rif
September 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Earlier, Suhags’ son Anil had been jailed in connection with his wife’s death. Following this, Bimla apparently hatched a conspiracy to avenge her daughter’s death and to grab the prime property of the Suhags.
Pronouncing the sentence today, the court of ADSJ Ajay Kumar Sharda awarded life term to Bimla as well as Rajesh Mogli; and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them.

Dear Malik Sahab,

In my opinion, reveng has never lead to any solution. Firstly, the death of Suhag Couple will not bring her daughter back. Secondly, we don't know the circumstances as to how and why her daughter died. The fact her son-in-law is in jail indicates that he must be responsible for the daughter's death.

Her daughter was killed and son is serving the life term, means that the culprit has already been punished for the crime. Now let us talk about few other issues:

1. Legal Issue: Legally, the act is wrong for two reasons: She had no legal authority to punish the parents of her son-in-law for the crime not even committed by them. If they were a party to her daughter's killings then they might have been in jail as well. Secondly, the offender/accussed has already been punished with the life term in jail. Legally, one can not punish a person second time for the same offense.

2. Social Issue: We all know, socially, killing is not the activity that is accepted in civilized societies. So socially also it is wrong.

3. Emotional Issue: The fact that one of the intention was also to grab the prime property of Suhag's, makes even emotional issue dilute and suspecious. All you know the real issue might be to grab this property itself. It is very difficult to find out if that was the real issue.

Whatever be the case, I feel, it is not justified. What happens next, Suhag's relatives, or other son/daughter might take the reveng from survior's of Smt Bimla Devi, and the chain will continue. This will only ruin the two families.

Once the justice has been met, one needs to move on in life. Killing some one even after the culprit has been punished, could also be constituted as an insult to the court/justice itself.

positivelook
September 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Malik Sahab

Well killing of old couple by Bimla Devi and other Supari killers is all depends on her personal circumstances! I have few lines to add here;

If the Old couple was involved in the murder of her daughter than as an emotional Mum she did the right thing!
If her son-in-law is responsible for the killing of her daughter and on some point he is been supported by his parents even than Bimla is not totally wrong.
Revenge in Jats is a common practise and time-to-time these kind of revenges takes place in our society.
Even if someone kills the other person and the other persons Bhaichara dont take the revenge they will be treated as cowards in our Jat culture.

No, doubt wht Col. sir is saying is right up to some extent but still i beleive in one old saying of jats " Jiske chot lagyaa kare Dard uske he hoya kare".

So Whtever happened in this case is right or not i dont know but Revenge is justified in Jat culture but not in constitution of India.

Abhimanyu Phougat

rajivsp
September 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Its revenge taken by Bimal Devi or she has done a favor to that old couple by freeing them from all worldly worries (as their young son is in prison) and she

has to spend all her life with criminals.
still has to live with pain of her deceased daughter.
the real culprit will be free after few years and will be much richer.

Who is in loss? LOK/PARLOK sab bigaad liye.

vikas71
September 26th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Dear Malik Sahab,
It’s not as simple if deciphered from the news. Especially the views by some forum members suggesting the mother did the right thing! Without asking questions one should not match “wrong to right”! Lt. Col. Tavathia has rightly discussed the issue. Remember Aarusi murder case in Noida- based on media onslaught, the whole country had declared parents as culprits within 24 hours, though it proved to be otherwise later on!! Media in Rohtak too sensationalized the issue somewhat by putting the words “revenge”

I belong to Rohtak and happen to know some details thru family and some friends.

First the boy side: Deep Chand, a B. Tech. from Punjab Engg. College, Chandigarh, was a retired senior class-I officer with Haryana Govt. His son’s family used to stay at Panipat and the son was not staying with them at Rohtak. The son was married for more than a decade and was responsible for his actions. The wife was killed because she had some extra-marital affair with the son of a prominent politician. Was he right in taking the revenge for her affairs? I do not think so, as no one has the right to kill someone. Now, the son is already serving a life term for this murder. So revenge (though very wrong morally) was taken as per the definition of Jat Justice!!

Now the girl side: Mother Bimla’s father sheltered old Punjab’s CM, P S Kairon’s murderers long back. Her cousins and other family members have been history sheeters in Mundka/Delhi. Theirs is a family of unlawful characters. After their daughter’s death, the family rightly deposed against Suhag’s son and law of the land prevailed resulting in life-term for him. Still not satisfied (!!!), the samdhan, Bimla went after the elderly Suhags and got them killed for grabbing their property, personally leading the carnage with the hired killers. Once her son-in-law had been convicted of her daughter’s murder, naked greed and boldness due to her background were the main causes for the broad day- light murder.

So socially, legally and logically- she was dead wrong in taking the law into her hands for LALACH and NAKED LALACH. Elderly & peace loving Suhags were just innocent victims for no fault of theirs. Both the above convictions – of Bimla the mother and her son-in-law prove that law is coming of age in India.
KE TANE KAMAYA....JISA BOYA OOSA KATYA

ygulia
September 27th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Dear Malik Sahab,

So socially, legally and logically- she was dead wrong in taking the law into her hands for LALACH and NAKED LALACH. Elderly & peace loving Suhags were just innocent victims for no fault of theirs. Both the above convictions – of Bimla the mother and her son-in-law prove that law is coming of age in India.
KE TANE KAMAYA....JISA BOYA OOSA KATYA

Very well explained. I appreciate your thought and analysis.

choudharyneelam
September 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
all stupid act....kanoon ko haath mein lene ka itna hi shauk tha to bade paimaane par kaam karna tha....must have killed two-three terrorists or pakistani (jo kashmir hathiye baithe hain)

totally stupid it was.....bina akal ka kaam....emotions ki baat karo to kiske paas nahin hote ye.....she just porved that jats(not all....only people like her) are hot-blooded and senseless....now, pls forgive me for being so harsh here (if anybody didn't liked it)

ritu
September 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM
after knowing the whole story as explained by vikas.bimla devi has done nothing but a crime of murder.her sin can not be at all justified by the term revenge.

nysa
September 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Its revenge taken by Bimal Devi or she has done a favor to that old couple by freeing them from all worldly worries (as their young son is in prison) and she

has to spend all her life with criminals.
still has to live with pain of her deceased daughter.
the real culprit will be free after few years and will be much richer.

Who is in loss? LOK/PARLOK sab bigaad liye.

True!!

Read somewhere...

"To err is human..
to forgive is divine.."

Indeed, nothing can be more heart wrenching for a parent to his own flesh & blood die in front of them.Here that mother mat be feeling same but that does not give her any right to take another life who may/may not be a party to her daughter's death.

As explained by Vikas and Bhai as you 've said the culprit is behind bars, the law has done its part!!:rock...now may be she wasnt satisfied by the punishment awarded to him. Guess she believed in " an eye for an eye" philosophy..but if everyone starts following it then whole of the world would be BLIND!!:(:(:mad:

Yes she lost her daughter...but one can not just become fanatic about it..I wonder if she would be at peace even after getting them killed:confused:
Being human it is but natural to get carried away by emotions..but life is about moving on.."zindagi mighzara"...life stops for none.

We are a part of "civilised" society(PUN intended ;):D) where we are governed by laws/ rules&regulations.....revenge methodology works only in jungle..better go and start living there..

Bless her and may she finds peace..:)

bhavnasingh20
September 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
if v go by revenge theory...then now since bimla devi killed someone frm suhag family...so now someone frm suhag family shud kill someone frm bimla devi's family to take revenge....

in this way it wud jus become a vicious circle n soon the hatred wud not let neone b alive in either of the families....

v r not in some jungle raj tht v do wht others do unto us....
fine...losing a child means a lot of pain...but tht stil does not justify ur steps...coz then u r no more intelligent then the ppl who committed the crime in the first place....

if she wud hav forgiven this person n his family then tht was wht wud hav made her a gr8 human being.....

so acc to me...wht she did was utterly stupid n childish....

Rmandaura
September 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
At the time of srarting the thread Harvinder was probably not aware of the facts as mentioned by Vikas. As far as I know Vikas has stated total facts and his analysis is absolutely correct. It was pure GREED and nothing else. I donot think further discussion is required on this. Law has rightly punished all the culprits.

ajaysinghbamel
October 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM
At the time of srarting the thread Harvinder was probably not aware of the facts as mentioned by Vikas. As far as I know Vikas has stated total facts and his analysis is absolutely correct. It was pure GREED and nothing else. I donot think further discussion is required on this. Law has rightly punished all the culprits.

I am just adding from my side without knowing any facts of above link.I think what is more important from this issue is that we as parents should spend more time with our kids and give them right education and social upbringing inspite of our busy life style so that we as individuals can control social structure around us and such unfortunate incidents can be prevented.

scsheorayan
October 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
As usual there are two opposite opinions on this topic.Because the question asks for judgement. People judge an act according to their belief. Therefore we can say that different people have different value system and judge every thing accordingly, which is very subjective. However if we rephrase the same question in more objective terms and analyse from Cause and Effect criteria the answer is crystal clear. Both of them commited crime and are paying for it. We can not control the results, only the action. Also one can not be held responsible for actions of another person and can not escape from the results of his actions. Is that not what Geeta teaches us. You are free to choose the action but have no control on the results of those actions. Person is freed from the desire to harm others by rising above negative emotions like hate,greed, fear etc. It is duty of parents to teach self discipline and moral values to children when they are still young and willing to learn. Let us not forget that children learn by watching and not by listening alone. They are more likely to follow you than to listen to you. In simple language we can say, parents have to set good example for children to follow. That takes some courage and self discipline on the part of parents. Some of us believe in providing children with material things and luxurious life and disregard character building. If the character is flawed, no amount of wealth can give a person lasting happiness. Above case is one such example.