PDA

View Full Version : A Suggestion to Members

raj2rif
September 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Dear Members,

I have been member on this site for over 5 years now, may be even more. What I have noticed is, that more often than not, the discussion gets derailed due to one odd single post. I think when the participants are as large as we are and as diverse as we are that is expected.

The problem arises, when we start calling names and pointing fingers at individuals. That causes a lot of pain to many who just read and many who become victim of it. More often than not, it is the situation when a person is prejudiced about a certain subject. There is nothing wrong in having strong ideas about a particular subject, but at the same time one must give serious consideration to other’s point of view as well. It will never happen that we all will come to one consensus on a particular subject. We think differently on various subjects based upon our exposure, and the environment that we live in. Whom we talk, what we talk also makes a lot of difference in our way of thinking.

I have also noticed, that some people will contribute to every single thread, whether or not they have some thing constructive to contribute.

That reminds me of the famous quote:

“The problem with the world is that stupid are cock sure and intelligent are full of doubts”

Here is my suggestion,

Try and contribute if you feel that your contribution is going to help people understand the subject matter more easily or in more in depth. Some time, I would say any contribution is good, for we don’t even know if that will help people to understand or not. It might be just a good idea to write your post on MS Word, check the spellings, grammar and read it once or twice to convince yourself about the contents. Also evaluate if the post conveys the same message that you intended to convey. Another thing you may like to consider, whether or not readers will receive the exact message that you want to convey. This will help you in following way: (1) It will improve your communication skills, (2) You would not be just making a post to enhance your number of posts and would give a detailed thought to each post that you make. Some time we all make a quick post and later realize that probably that was not the best post we made.

It is an open forum. We need your views. You never know, your one post may change some one’s life for better. So please do contribute. Remember when we hurt some one, it does not really helps. Some time we win a discussion and some time we lose it. Be humble in victory and be graceful in defeat. You always learn more lessons from defeat so long you have courage to accept it and wisdom to analyze it.

The purpose is to promote creativity, promote harmony, love and respect for others, and learn from every body’s experience.

Kindly post your views on suggestions.

Rmandaura
September 30th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Col Tavathia,
I am new to JL. I also strongly endorse your views. Probably because of our mature age we feel like this. When a serious discussion is going on someone derailing it off track is really painful. If any member wants lighter moments he/she can go to the Mauj Masti section. All should respect the sense and seriousness of the topic being discussed.
Promote healthy discussions. It is not that all posts get interrupted. There have been good discussions also without any absurd disruptions and one enjoys reading these posts which are enriching.

vijay
September 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Nice suggestions by Col. Tavathia Sir. Apart from agreeing on the points raised by him I also have some suggestions and would like to put forward here. :)

Follow ups : As Col. sir already said that some members will contribute to every single thread, whether or not they have something of substance to post. Sometimes things not end just here but few members start following some specific member's posts and starts commenting on them everywhere like anything. This practice should be avoided.

One liners : I already put forward so many times about interactive one liners. Sometimes these witty one liners seems quite a good option but not always and obviously off topic one liners should be avoided at first instance. My objective is not to oppose one line comments on the topic of discussion but is to avoid a situation where on any given thread a good discussion is going on the subject and then suddenly some people start posting like they are chatting in chaupal. Asking and replying personal queries to be precise.

Number of posts : Some people seems so sensitive about their post counts and keep posting anywhere they come across and ridiculously posts more than needed on any given thread. A single post on any given point is more than enough to substantiate the matter unless they are asked to clarify any point or being contradicted by another member.

Different Choices : I do agree with Dahiya Sir that different people have different taste and we should not expect everyone to participate in every discussion. Depending on their personal choices they should follow the respective forum instead of popping up everywhere. If people don't like the subject of ongoing discussion then they should switch to their favorite forums and should not post unnecessary and/or unwanted comments to deflect the topic of discussion.

Message : Last but not least is about the message we convey to the whole world about our community through this forum. Just think once again before you post here as the readers of these forums are not only just us but the whole world. You can easily imagine that what image of our community reflects in their minds when they read some rubbish, indecent and useless fights/arguments here.

I hope that the points raised here make some sense. :)

nysa
September 30th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Fully endorse what you have suggested SIR...stupid remarks kills the very essence of the thread......ending here I m tempted to say just this much .."Hope the cock sures have understood this" ..;):D:p

navingulia
October 1st, 2008, 09:10 AM
The issue raised by Tavathia Sir and also the points added by Vijay Sir are very important.
I would like to put few points-
1. Behave with intellect and not impulse.
2. Dont give way to dislike, disrespect, hatred and ego. Focus on your goals rather than wasting your time and energy on these.
3. Do not try to pull down or show down other people. Focus on yourself and making yourself better.
Regards
Navin Gulia

dndeswal
October 1st, 2008, 09:57 AM
All points raised by Col. Tewatia are worth consideration. It is seen that good threads are hijacked or take a U-turn because of certain posts which erupt in-between. Mutual respect to each other and patience are the key principles for a public forum like this. It is not essential to participate in each and every thread unless there are valid points to discuss.

One-liner posts may sometimes be OK in Time Pass or Humor but not in forums like Jat History or Social Responsibility.

I also notice that many a times, threads are not started in correct forums. For example, there are several threads on the topic of ‘reservation’ in multiple forums – General Talk, Time Pass, Social Responsibility, Current Affairs – and even Jat History ! !

I feel that topics like “Maharana Pratap was Jat or not”, or “was Taj Mahal built by Jats” should be placed in General Talk forum, rather than in Jat History. Moderators may keep an eye on these types of topics and move such threads to correct forums.

positivelook
October 1st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Dear members

Well suggested by all members far but i really want smthing to be constructive come out of this so that the issues raised by Col. Sir can be solved, otherwise this tread also endup like the other threads. SO Editor Satyeshwar have the responsibility to command his team of moderators to keep eying on unneccessary posts.
Well I am not sure that this is possible or not but we can examine the performance or vocubalory of members by seeing how many posts they have so far since they are member, that will show the moderators that some people only come here just to write smthing wheteher its relevant or not.
Good thread started by Col. Sir but there shuld be some solution to this.

Abhimanyu Phougat

coolphool
October 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Dear Members,

“The problem with the world is that stupid are cock sure and intelligent are full of doubts”

I wonder how come the person who first thought of this quote was so cock sure that so was the case with the stupid and the intelligent!

I strongly believe that this forum is not an extension of our day to day life. It is a means of unwinding from whatever we all do during our day. There are some threads that need serious consideration like our fellow Jats looking for jobs, guidance and suggestions or social service initiative like JJ.

Other threads are just no more than brainstorming sessions on issues where our seriousness barely matters. Theres nothing wrong about speaking our minds off on such issues.

Anyways, there are those who will take your suggestion seriously and there are others who will continue to be the way they are because they realize Jatland is not their life but is just a part of their life.

cooljat
October 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM
Very valuable suggestion indeed Respected uncle ji ! :)

Well, I believe leg-pulling, derailing of threads are ok with section 'Mauj Masti' but it must be strictly avoided on remaining sections !!

I doubt if any of members (excluding few worthy ones) pay attention to your this thread, even :rolleyes: so I feel Mods should take some initiative to stop all the worthless off-topic talks !!

Forced Discipline is the only way to maintain the decorum of Wonderful Jatland forum!

Rock on
Jit

Dear Members,

I have been member on this site for over 5 years now, may be even more. What I have noticed is, that more often than not, the discussion gets derailed due to one odd single post. I think when the participants are as large as we are and as diverse as we are that is expected.

The problem arises, when we start calling names and pointing fingers at individuals. That causes a lot of pain to many who just read and many who become victim of it. More often than not, it is the situation when a person is prejudiced about a certain subject. There is nothing wrong in having strong ideas about a particular subject, but at the same time one must give serious consideration to other’s point of view as well. It will never happen that we all will come to one consensus on a particular subject. We think differently on various subjects based upon our exposure, and the environment that we live in. Whom we talk, what we talk also makes a lot of difference in our way of thinking.

I have also noticed, that some people will contribute to every single thread, whether or not they have some thing constructive to contribute.

Here is my suggestion,

Try and contribute if you feel that your contribution is going to help people understand the subject matter more easily or in more in depth. Some time, I would say any contribution is good, for we don’t even know if that will help people to understand or not. It might be just a good idea to write your post on MS Word, check the spellings, grammar and read it once or twice to convince yourself about the contents. Also evaluate if the post conveys the same message that you intended to convey. Another thing you may like to consider, whether or not readers will receive the exact message that you want to convey. This will help you in following way: (1) It will improve your communication skills, (2) You would not be just making a post to enhance your number of posts and would give a detailed thought to each post that you make. Some time we all make a quick post and later realize that probably that was not the best post we made.

It is an open forum. We need your views. You never know, your one post may change some one’s life for better. So please do contribute. Remember when we hurt some one, it does not really helps. Some time we win a discussion and some time we lose it. Be humble in victory and be graceful in defeat. You always learn more lessons from defeat so long you have courage to accept it and wisdom to analyze it.

The purpose is to promote creativity, promote harmony, love and respect for others, and learn from every body’s experience.

anilsinghd
October 1st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Forced Discipline

I like that concept if the authority comes from someone who is good.

I have always been with the moderators on inflicting serious pains on people who defy the decorum!

All democracy is no good!

sumeetmalik
October 1st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Col. Uncle,
You raise an excellent point. I don't know whether all of us realize that useless commenting is downright rude and reckless. That means the commenter has himself nothing better to do in life and he/she is taking other people's time also for granted.

Although, I also think that it has to be self-disciplined. Imposing checks would not really help.

Another point that I really thank you for bringing up is checking your post for grammar, flow and spellings etc. It takes exactly 2 minutes to do it. Maybe the ones who are not used to it would take a bit longer but if someone is even wee bit serious about bettering their articulation then it's the only way out.

Lastly guys, we are here to have a good time, express our opinions, stand by our ideals, learn, make friends, pick some fights (if absolutely necessary), and words are the only tool we have (apart from some smileys). So lets try to be skilled craftsmen. This will help us both in our lives and careers.

Do more, love more. And say less.

rajivsp
October 1st, 2008, 10:42 PM
Other threads are just no more than brainstorming sessions on issues where our seriousness barely matters.

True, these are brain storming session here on JL, if there is some serious issue editorial section can be used.

raj2rif
October 2nd, 2008, 01:44 AM
Dear Members,

Thanks a lot for your response, and I really appreciate it. There are couple of questions those need to be answered.

1. Some of the members have said that it is the brain storming place, and serious discussion should go to editorial area.
I am little confused about it. My understanding is that "Brain Storming" on a subject itself is a serious matter. How could one do "Brain Storming" in a lighter vain. May be I am from old school, and quite possibly outdated. I am absolutely honest in my confession about my understanding on "Brain Storming" a subject.

2. By no means I have any intention to curb the creativity of members older and younger. Interestingly, historically, most innovative things have come from the younger members. We really want to promote the creativity on this site. (Well I am not the owner of the site, but I guess, that would be a fair statement to make)

3. We really don't want to dictate terms to any one here. It is an open forum, and needs to remain as such. The suggestion made by me was with the intention to keep the subject on course, and maintain the dignity of the discussion and decorum of public communication.

I hope we all have each other's support on this issue.

d_dhankhar
October 2nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
I agree with Tavathia Uncle Ji,

Even I’ve seen the same pattern in last 6 years of my being member of this website. I normally don’t get time to post anything but I do read most of the threads everyday.

This issue will never arise if we follow some very simple steps.

1. Respect everyone (Elder or Younger) on this site and their point of view. If you do, these leg-pullings will never happen and we don’t even need any forced discipline.

2. Learn from our respected, elderly and senior members. See how they reply to a post. You can see that their experience speaks for itself.

3. As Tavathia uncle already said “Be humble in victory and be graceful in defeat”. I can't add anything to this line.

According to me the most important thing is, the way we keep our home clean, same way we can keep our online home clean, by following some very simple steps and by understanding our duties.

mukeshkumar007
October 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Indeed a very nice thread. I too sometime get involved in useless one to one discussion thereby derailing the thread from the main topic of discussion. Hence I felt that I too shared a bit of responsibility in creating a kind of hatred environment around the thread. Now I realized that it was just a useless practice that makes no sense. I should have avoided. Now I will try my best to refrain from such things in future.

nysa
October 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Indeed a very nice thread. I too sometime get involved in useless one to one discussion thereby derailing the thread from the main topic of discussion. Hence I felt that I too shared a bit of responsibility in creating a kind of hatred environment around the thread. Now I realized that it was just a useless practice that makes no sense. I should have avoided. Now I will try my best to refrain from such things in future.

Wiser is the man who learns from his mistakes n aviod them in future!!:rockme included aswell..;):D

Glad to see the message of the thread being communicated well to all..:)

Rmandaura
October 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Mukesh it is a big thing that you have realised and you need to be congratulated for this. I hope others also follow your example.Col. sahib has started a very puposeful thread. I also thank all others who have participated in this discussion and given due respect to the topic. Nobody has tried to derail this thread and I feel now maturity and mutual respect will increase in the forum. Well done! Keep it up.

anilsinghd
October 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Be humble in victory and be graceful in defeat. You always learn more lessons from defeat so long you have courage to accept it and wisdom to analyze it.

Sir,

Discussions should be not to win and loose , but to learn and construct.

Learning never stops , I would request all to keep this in mind.

There is nothing called an ego , psychology does not define ego the way we percieve!

We can only be better with more knowledge and understanding , as I have said in a couple of threads before.

Dont be preoccupied , dont be too firm on what you believe , you might be wrong! Somebody else might be right! Communication is listening and talking , both very integral so be ready to listen as well!!

these followed , we will always see healthy discussions going on and even a couple of one liners in lighter veins wont be that big a mess ( though I would personally like to even filter them out)!

It is the clash of egos and then trying to blow out things to make it so big that people buy your side of story that creates all problems!!!

:)

brahmtewatia
October 6th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I wonder how come the person who first thought of this quote was so cock sure that so was the case with the stupid and the intelligent!

I strongly believe that this forum is not an extension of our day to day life. It is a means of unwinding from whatever we all do during our day. There are some threads that need serious consideration like our fellow Jats looking for jobs, guidance and suggestions or social service initiative like JJ.

Other threads are just no more than brainstorming sessions on issues where our seriousness barely matters. Theres nothing wrong about speaking our minds off on such issues.

Anyways, there are those who will take your suggestion seriously and there are others who will continue to be the way they are because they realize Jatland is not their life but is just a part of their life.

I believe people ought to be allowed to respond to a topic in whatever way they feel would be the best. There is no such thing as sanctity of the topic. What might seem BS to you or Col. Sahaab may not be BS to the commentator.

Besides if you feel someones BS-ing on a thread, ask me to help you locate the down arrow on your keyboard so you can scroll down the page to get something that you deem to be non-BS.

On online forums, everything is on the table. There is no such thing that violates the sanctity of a topic.

Line of thot – I : Destructive

I found abv post(s) to b most relevant nd innovative on the current subject, the 2nd post is however picked up frm another thread... but was a continuation post addressing the same issue on other thread. जिस तरह ज़ुल्म सहने वाला भी उतना ही गुनाहगार है, जितना कि ज़ुल्म करने वाला. उसी तरह भ्रमित होने वाला भी उतना ही बड़ा गुनाहगार है, जितना कि भ्रमित करने वाला... simple rules !!! ;):D:cool:

i don’t know how many of you have noticed this… but there happens to b a font/button under the profile picture of an individual, wch says “report post”. if u got sum grey cells in yr. hollosphere :D then just follow this vry basic nd simple understanding >>> click this button nd report the matter to the moderators, if u think tht a particular post is off-topic. well if yr. intentions r different :p then agn it does not matter cos heavens r not going to fall… i’ve seen tht most of the times a thread still follows the expctd trajectory despite of several hijack attempts. :D

for mods: consider this suggestion, if u feel it to b pertinent enuff nd making sum sense… in my views, if a particular thread is derailed frm the subject then y not transfer the thread to “time pass” section nd let the ppl enjoy derailed activities. i don’t see any relevance in locking the thread.

vaise bhi 90% of the threads out here doesn’t have any head or tail, so wats the fuss about? take the recent example of “jatsena thread”… in my views it was totally crap/BS thread, but still it managed to draw 96 posts, 1686 views on 7 pages. i was vry much disheartened to learn tht the vry 1st thread of our respected narender sangwan ji was locked unceremoniously. i can feel the pain he must hav gone thru, when his thread was locked, cos I’ve myself gone thru this feeling. :D in my views, a btr option wud hv been to transfer this thread to “time pass” section nd let ppl do whatever they felt like.

if mods r so particular abt the sanctity of the thread, then they shud rather delete the off-topic posts, instead of locking the thread… well, as per me I don’t even justify this, unless sum1 is using foul language or talking total crap/BS.

i’m vry much angst this “hue nd cry” made every now nd then abt ppl going off-topic. i'm also strongly against few members who hav advocated autocratic/forced discipline. phool chhikara has a valid point in his abv post(s). in order to substantiate my thots a bit further, pls refer to the following posts… one of them frm our mods.
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=176875&postcount=14
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=177129&postcount=16

well these are my suggestions, take it or leave it… आगे आप खुद समझदार हैं. :cool:

brahmtewatia
October 6th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Line of thot – II : Constructive

juss for the sake of argument, i say… okay this is a vry gud thread with sum very gud suggestions included frm worthy members.

so wat?
wat's going to happen?
nuthin’!!!

if i wouldn’t hav written these post(s) wch i delayed deliberately, ;) then this thread might wud hav gone into the archives of JL. (it may me noted tht it was only abhimanyu phaugat who picked up this concern in his post # 7)

folks, if u want to do justice to these thots then collect few more thots nd make this thread “sticky”. u wud appreciate tht at evry point of time at JL, u’ll hardly find 50-100 active members. after 6 months, u might find a different 50-100 ppl doing their bakar bakar. :D

after another 6 months u’ll find another set of 50-100 ppl continuing this tradition of baker baker. :D:D

to cut the matter short, every time u’ll find members thinking on these lines… with threads getting derailed, evry now nd then. the chances are tht u’ll find another member starting the same rhetoric… all in all, wat we r doing is just beatin’ arnd the bush unless we make this thread “sticky”

mods… does it makes sense to u, or wud u call this rhetoric of mine as baker baker? :D:D:D

p.s. : destructive thots seems to be better... i'm for those thots ;)

shweta123
October 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM

juss for the sake of argument, i say… okay this is a vry gud thread with sum very gud suggestions included frm worthy members.

so wat?
wat's going to happen?
nuthin’!!!

Whatever this may seem to be, but this is the 'only' fact !

Expecting this site to be all constructive, posting & writing by the members in the correct forum every time they write, no leg pulling, no off-topic discussions and no unnecessary ho-halla etc is just equivalent to expecting the impossible.

And yes, the site would have dried down & decayed by now if it had been the case just because curbing the basic natural instincts of a person and asking him to be an active part of a social forum are two banks of a river which can never meet!

Maintaining a balance is a worth following suggestion but too much of pleas on this aspect will never bear fruit.

I have seen numerous threads which keep getting off & on topic replies simultaneously and they just go on. I dont think that an off-topic or even multiple such replies can mar the spirit or de-glorify the content of the thread by any means !

Good things can never be overshadowed by the bad as is being thought of here!

Wo kehte hai na ki 'insaan ko bagule ki tarah hona chahiye - apne matlab ki cheez chun lo aur baaki chod do(without much fussing !)' Aur jiske paas itna time na ho wo kahi aur apna bahumulya samay de !

Only the personal comments in bad sense & useless threads with foolish subject matter (as is the case nowadays) must be taken care of.

anilsinghd
October 6th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I was about to suggest Mods to get those couple of posts between myself and Phool to be moved across to this thread. Brahm did the needful in any case. Thanks to Brahm for that.

Though I wanted to reply to Phool but seems there are another couple of opinions floating , le tme do some justice to myself by trying and taking the discussion/conversationf forward from my side. :)

1) Brahm's idea of reporting post is ofcourse a technical solution , but we all must agree that we come here to interact and exchange ideas/issues/solutions/problems and just leaving the thing to a button click would do no good.
I am an avid contributor on the Hindi song thread and when Brahm ( or some one else ?) suggested to use the search facility before posting a song, I meticulously follow the advise and check each song before I post!
We must be open to ideas and if that is not obvious , let me say that all my posts are for those people who are open to suggestions!

2) Regarding the categorisation of online forums having no sanctity , I disagree. It is just upto your ethics and beliefs , If that is the case , I would say the person concerned should not care for sanctity of anything else as well else he/she is practising double standards.
If in your organisation , you cannot put any arbitrary comments on any meeting/discussion , why JL or for that matter any online social forum.
If you cannot CC(copy on email) your CEO on any email originated by you ( because of the very simple reason that he/she is not the intended reader ) why do you give each reader a pain of going through the nonsensical crap? The suggestion of just scrolling down would work for me if you can go and tell your boss to click on the X(delete) sign on the email! Please do that and i would follow suit!
I would conclude on this point by saying that dont assume JUST BECAUSE U R ON AN ONLINE FORUM!

3) If you come with a nothing going to happen mentality , there is hardly an issue , you please can follow N number of threads that do not at all ask for any constructive contribution!

4) We are all humans and prone to short term de-rails / errors but we should not proclaim to be totally oblivious for posting in the correct forums , maintaing first the sanctity of topic , then the category it falls in!
IF you are not a fan of categorisation , please ask moderators to collate everything in one single section called JL! IF these different sections exists , lets not do annoying hybrids!

Hope all take it in constructive spirit and try and work for the needful!:)

brahmtewatia
October 10th, 2008, 09:05 PM

so wat?
wat's going to happen?
nuthin’!!!

if i wouldn’t hav written these post(s) wch i delayed deliberately, ;) then this thread might wud hav gone into the archives of JL. (it may me noted tht it was only abhimanyu phaugat who picked up this concern in his post # 7)

folks, if u want to do justice to these thots then collect few more thots nd make this thread “sticky”. u wud appreciate tht at evry point of time at JL, u’ll hardly find 50-100 active members. after 6 months, u might find a different 50-100 ppl doing their bakar bakar. :D

after another 6 months u’ll find another set of 50-100 ppl continuing this tradition of baker baker. :D:D

to cut the matter short, every time u’ll find members thinking on these lines… with threads getting derailed, evry now nd then. the chances are tht u’ll find another member starting the same rhetoric… all in all, wat we r doing is just beatin’ arnd the bush unless we make this thread “sticky”

mods… does it makes sense to u, or wud u call this rhetoric of mine as baker baker? :D:D:D

i appreciate the decision of making this thread "sticky". it wud b appreciated if few more genuine thots are added on this thread.

coolphool
October 11th, 2008, 01:02 AM
I was about to suggest Mods to get those couple of posts between myself and Phool to be moved across to this thread. Brahm did the needful in any case. Thanks to Brahm for that.

Though I wanted to reply to Phool but seems there are another couple of opinions floating , le tme do some justice to myself by trying and taking the discussion/conversationf forward from my side. :)

Nothing against you Anil.

I am just sick & tired of these "Janta ke Thekedaar."

They try to shower wisdom on others and claim to carry the baton for the community but have no actions to back up their claim to be the preachers of whats right whats now.

When they had the opportunity to help someone, they backed off.

So next time they open their mouth to give anyone their pearls of wisdom, I will not hold myself back.

There is no one trying to get an upper hand on anyone else. Its just an issue of whose being real and whose being a fake on this forum.

mansi289
October 11th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Nice point to ponder upon but will the points/posts added by all of u wud make a difference?I dont think so.
Ppl will still write on impulse as there are those who dont even think for a microsecond that their opinion or words could be of no use or could make the situation worse.I have seen 'em posting anything and on confronting they go like "main to wohi bolta/bolti hu jo mere man mein hai...im an 'asli-jaat':confused:...i cant be fake like others" ...?
Now how can u change the way a person thinks(makes a post) or how can u make him think twice before posting?

pooniars
October 11th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Tes conl ,
i fully agree with your views.

rajivsp
October 12th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Now how can u change the way a person thinks(makes a post) or how can u make him think twice before posting?

I think I am not here to change anybody rather to know more and more about my community. How/what/why/when do they think? ( And I am happy here)

If everybody start thinking before each posting, originality of thought may suffer. Forum should not be formal but just a substitution of casual ( coffee m/c) talk.

Better understanding of each other will be better for our community.

anilsinghd
October 12th, 2008, 02:10 AM
No issues Phool , you have been true to yourself and I appreciate that!

==============================

There are a couple of points that I would like to say ( to everyone ):

1) I am not the kind to force the opinion on someone else , that is just unlike me! I intently listen to each and eveyone , try and appreciate that , understand and rationalise that and believe that we all must be ever evolving and learning nice new things ( thoughts and ideas and ways ) always is helpy!

I do not generalise , categorise ! I look upon each bearing that each one is unique! And for every new one with no pre-defined notions ( As I was so clear in the thread Markovish Behaviour ) , nothing in mind , starting from scratch!

2) Am also not expecting that JL can make my life better off or worse off ! Am here to learn through interaction ( and learning is from both sides , people whoi share similar views who can substantiate on my ideas and views ) and also those who are of different opiniuon for 1) they can criticise anything wrong in me and I am up for a change for good ! 2) they can make me think hard on what I believe is correct and if I again conclude that it is right then I can pursue that with even stronger belief! ). Ofcourse I will not deny opportunities to work for constructive things with people who are willing!

==========

The reason I am of the opinion of why there should be a certain degree of sanctity that I do not want to bear the pain of letting my axiom of choice go down for nothing!
There are different sections and I do have the chocie of visiting some and not others! And I do want to keep that choice because that is there! You collapse all section and I will not have complaints at all!

But till the point these different sections , I wish that people do respect the freedom of choice of others and do not generalise in inflicting the pain which they intend for a select few !

I am just being methodical , that is just so very me ! Can't help! :)

vijay
October 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
If everybody start thinking before each posting, originality of thought may suffer. Forum should not be formal but just a substitution of casual ( coffee m/c) talk.

Does the originality of thoughts dilutes/changes if they read once again what they are going to post here ? If so, then how original they are whose ideas/point of views just changes after their own reading. I hope that their originality doesn't take a U-turn after some critical comments.

I think I am not here to change anybody rather to know more and more about my community. How/what/why/when do they think?

Better understanding of each other will be better for our community.

For better understanding it is important that we should always be ready to listen other's point of views and ready to accept the changes around us. Changing yourself while convincing others to accept the changes according to the cirumstances and developments is the real understanding.

rajivsp
October 13th, 2008, 02:22 AM
sometimes for somebodies not for everybody, specially for persons who are very shy and introvert. I spent years in thinking before posting my first message. Fear of criticism is always there and only a few persons are ready to face it.

Participants are very less in discussions compare to total number and I cant believe they dont have any opinion about their community. So for those who are hesitant - Please come, dont think, tell what have you in your mind.
more open discussions by more and more members will be better for everybody. change will obvious.

ritu
October 13th, 2008, 06:03 AM
bilul thik kaha aapne....more ppl should contribute and share their views.
sometimes for somebodies not for everybody, specially for persons who are very shy and introvert. I spent years in thinking before posting my first message. Fear of criticism is always there and only a few persons are ready to face it.

Participants are very less in discussions compare to total number and I cant believe they dont have any opinion about their community. So for those who are hesitant - Please come, dont think, tell what have you in your mind.
more open discussions by more and more members will be better for everybody. change will obvious.

annch
November 13th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Are we trying to cause a Paradigm shift here in JL? Or is it an extempore excercise?

annch
November 13th, 2008, 05:41 AM
No offence to anyone in the forum, the original thread/ topic started by Col Tavathia seems to have been lost. Its more of a quote and unquote happenning here.

brahmtewatia
November 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Are we trying to cause a Paradigm shift here in JL? Or is it an extempore excercise?

No offence to anyone in the forum, the original thread/ topic started by Col Tavathia seems to have been lost. Its more of a quote and unquote happenning here.
please take some time to go through the thread... i'm sure it'll open all yr assumptive paradigms. the outcome of the thread has been a very productive one. the thread has concluded its objective which is being implemented and is apparently/clearly visible.

"so far so good"

can i request mods to close this thread, so as not to get entangled in unnecessary issues which are totally uncalled for.

annch
November 13th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Brahm Ji, I will not do "quote" "unquote" in reply to your post and back up my earlier comments. I will take your word that the objective has been concluded (it has been made a sticky?)
Let me sum up what I understood from the discussion:
Col Tawathia's Concerns:
1) Discussion gets derailed
2) Sanctity of Language.
His suggestions:
1) Respect another persons point of view
2) Contribute constructively
3) Better your communication and writing skills
Suggestions from other members of the discussion:
Self check, self discipline and Control by the Editor and his team of Moderators.
Did I miss anything?
It would be nice if the moderators could close and conclude the discussion when the objective has been served, so that new members like me do not make a fauz pas? Thanks

skdeswal
April 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
dear members,

i have been member on this site for over 5 years now, may be even more. What i have noticed is, that more often than not, the discussion gets derailed due to one odd single post. I think when the participants are as large as we are and as diverse as we are that is expected.

the problem arises, when we start calling names and pointing fingers at individuals. That causes a lot of pain to many who just read and many who become victim of it. More often than not, it is the situation when a person is prejudiced about a certain subject. There is nothing wrong in having strong ideas about a particular subject, but at the same time one must give serious consideration to other’s point of view as well. It will never happen that we all will come to one consensus on a particular subject. We think differently on various subjects based upon our exposure, and the environment that we live in. Whom we talk, what we talk also makes a lot of difference in our way of thinking.

i have also noticed, that some people will contribute to every single thread, whether or not they have some thing constructive to contribute.

that reminds me of the famous quote:

“the problem with the world is that stupid are cock sure and intelligent are full of doubts”

here is my suggestion,

try and contribute if you feel that your contribution is going to help people understand the subject matter more easily or in more in depth. Some time, i would say any contribution is good, for we don’t even know if that will help people to understand or not. It might be just a good idea to write your post on ms word, check the spellings, grammar and read it once or twice to convince yourself about the contents. Also evaluate if the post conveys the same message that you intended to convey. Another thing you may like to consider, whether or not readers will receive the exact message that you want to convey. This will help you in following way: (1) it will improve your communication skills, (2) you would not be just making a post to enhance your number of posts and would give a detailed thought to each post that you make. Some time we all make a quick post and later realize that probably that was not the best post we made.

it is an open forum. We need your views. You never know, your one post may change some one’s life for better. So please do contribute. Remember when we hurt some one, it does not really helps. Some time we win a discussion and some time we lose it. Be humble in victory and be graceful in defeat. You always learn more lessons from defeat so long you have courage to accept it and wisdom to analyze it.

the purpose is to promote creativity, promote harmony, love and respect for others, and learn from every body’s experience.

kindly post your views on suggestions.

nice suggestion sir,

brahmtewatia
April 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
please take some time to go through the thread... i'm sure it'll open all yr assumptive paradigms. the outcome of the thread has been a very productive one. the thread has concluded its objective which is being implemented and is apparently/clearly visible.

"so far so good"

can i request mods to close this thread, so as not to get entangled in unnecessary issues which are totally uncalled for.

Brahm Ji, I will not do "quote" "unquote" in reply to your post and back up my earlier comments. I will take your word that the objective has been concluded (it has been made a sticky?)
Let me sum up what I understood from the discussion:
Col Tawathia's Concerns:
1) Discussion gets derailed
2) Sanctity of Language.
His suggestions:
1) Respect another persons point of view
2) Contribute constructively
3) Better your communication and writing skills
Suggestions from other members of the discussion:
Self check, self discipline and Control by the Editor and his team of Moderators.
Did I miss anything?
It would be nice if the moderators could close and conclude the discussion when the objective has been served, so that new members like me do not make a fauz pas? Thanks

now a person with 2% activity (level 1) nd 10 posts to his count also has something to contribute by going judgmental... though rightly so. (refer abv post).

anjoo gave a very precise nd brief conclusion... are mods listening? or shall i stick to my old conclusion... :(
v
v
v

…to me it seems they (mods) r quite obsessed with the ruling “its my way or no way”

bls31
September 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
What Col Tavathia has mentioned/opined/recommended/suggested needs serious consideration.

I myself had to request the moderator more than once when I found that the thread I had started had lost its way , relevance and the posts were becoming acrimonious.

Brain storming is a management exercise to find an agreed solution to a problem being faced with no clear cut solution.

The person conducting the session enunciate the problem/issue. Those taking part keep giving their opinion /view/solution there is no discussion at this stage. All statements are recorded. Once every one has had his/her say the suggestions are discussed and reduced to a few potentially more likely answering the problem..

Further discussions now take place, with the reduced number of suggestions , discarding those not found suitable,till a mutually agreed course of action is arrived at..

I do hope I still remember the sequence correctly as I dis my management course long long back.

Some young , fresh , Jatlander may like to improve upon. bls31

ravichaudhary
December 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Reluctantly, I will put on my moderator hat and make a few comments.

Young Jat gentlemen, do need to realize that, when they participate on a public form like Jatland, they are bound by rules of etiquette- i.e. good manners.

The same kind of good manners they use at home, and what they expect to be shown in their dealings with others, of their family and loved ones.

In cases where they are interacting with ladies, the onus is on them to follow these rules of etiquette even more strictly. If they do not, they lose their moral ground for participating.

It is sometimes hard to distinguish between good natured teasing, and the stepping over a line. Yet all of us who step over the line ,know quite well when we do so.

In this thread enough signals have been sent by young ladies, of their discomfort with the tone of some of the posts. That signal should be enough for the poster(s) to cease and desist, rather than put the burden on some moderator to intervene.

If a moderator is forced to intervene, then the posters offending the ladies will be banned.

That will be a poor result, for we would like more participation not less.

Ravi Chaudhary

singhabhimanyu
January 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
is it only related to the view (appearance) of jatland or has the VIEW of editors also changed with this new year?
this is my plea. i wrote 'liar' (for right reasons n without being offensive) to someone in one of my posts and im being told by ur peer (editor:ravichaudhry) to use parliamentary words and show good manners and all. tht's a separate issue he himself has not followed the 'good manners' rule n deleted my 2 posts on the same thread without giving any reason. i've asked him the smae in post 27 http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?29195-Most-Powerfull-wrestler-of-pre-independence-INDIA-was-a-JAT-named-%28RATIA-MHAAL%29&p=237336&viewfull=1#post237336
im furious 'coz thanks to some other members the REAL UNPARLIAMENTARY words (ch****a, b&%$#rd, F*&^ing) are flowing in tandem on Justice for Ruchika thread. why have gone unnoticed? see.. http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?29276-Justice-for-Ruchika&p=237167&viewfull=1#post237167

Okay, I have fixed the "find all posts" issue. Will look into others as time permits.

akshaymalik84
January 7th, 2010, 04:48 PM
file discrimination papers.....you have enough proofs.

akshaymalik84
January 8th, 2010, 12:04 AM
{{{{{{is it only related to the view (appearance) of jatland or has the VIEW of editors also changed with this new year?
this is my plea. i wrote 'liar' (for right reasons n without being offensive) to someone in one of my posts and im being told by ur peer (editor:ravichaudhry) to use parliamentary words and show good manners and all. tht's a separate issue he himself has not followed the 'good manners' rule n deleted my 2 posts on the same thread without giving any reason. i've asked him the smae in post 27 http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post237336 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?29195-Most-Powerfull-wrestler-of-pre-independence-INDIA-was-a-JAT-named-%28RATIA-MHAAL%29&p=237336&viewfull=1#post237336)
im furious 'coz thanks to some other members the REAL UNPARLIAMENTARY words (ch****a, b&%$#rd, F*&^ing) are flowing in tandem on Justice for Ruchika thread. why have gone unnoticed? see.. http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post237167 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post237167)}}}}}}}

I didnt find anything unparliamentry in Abhimanyu's post. And why this above post moved to another thread? And the post in question(bold letters) was edited, even its quoted posts. Strange??

upendersingh
January 11th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Hindi mein kaun se font mein likh sakte hain, please bataayein.

sunillathwal
January 11th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Hindi mein kaun se font mein likh sakte hain, please bataayein.

Simplest way is:

Go to this link (...and bookmark it): http://www.google.co.in/transliterate/indic

Type in English and as soon as press the "space bar" key, google will automatically convert it into Hindi fonts, if it is not properly converted then goto the end of the word and press "backspace" key... many hindi words will be displayed for the word you had typed. Choose the appropriate Hindi word. As simple as that.

upendersingh
January 11th, 2010, 05:44 AM
धन्यवाद भाईसाहब सुनील जी. दरअसल ये तरीका तो मुझे भी पता था, लेकिन मैं सोच रहा था शायद सीधा पेजमेकर में टाइप करके और यहाँ पेस्ट कर दे. खैर ये भी ठीक है.

prashantacmet
February 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Prashant,
But Yashspal Malik and people like Hawa singh Sangwan doing good job for the community after sir chotu ram and after going through all honest activity of this movement/demand Jaychands of community have guts to criticize them. There is no comparison between these 2 leader as one spending his own money for Jat community and other one is making money on the name of Jat politics. One is doing hard work since just last 3 years and doing effort for of community and other one making fool jat community since last 30 years But did nothing. Kabhi Harit Pradesh, Kabhi sugar price demand.will Jat be remain only farmer of 2-3 bhigha land..is it a rubber jisko kheech kar lamba kar dogey. Harit Pradesh se Jat ko jayeda fayda hey ya “JAT OBC RESERVATION” . Harit Pradesh agar ban gaya to 34% muslim hey yaha western UP aur koi taqat nahi key aha muslman ke alwa koi aur CM banega.
Iska kuch nahi bigdna yeh to kabhi bhi kisi ki god mein baith jaga.

Who's comparing? ........only you... I believe all your OBC status efforts end up with ajeet singh bashing!!. you look delighted in doing that......isn't it.......par wo kaha kare ne ... deleted ....to mere bhai ya gaadi to nuoey hi chaalti rahgi......

piush_tomar
February 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Thats true..."Jat Resrevation" ka rath chalta jaga aur kamyabi hasil karega ..and by the way u are not aware of this fact that many top worker of RLD are working Day and Night for this demand..coz first they are Jat..'

prashantacmet
February 18th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Thats true..."Jat Resrevation" ka rath chalta jaga aur kamyabi hasil karega ..and by the way u are not aware of this fact that many top worker of RLD are working Day and Night for this demand..coz first they are Jat...do stoping barking like baghpat dog'

and who are you first? ...you dodgy personality....your humiliating remarks against the people of baghpat (you have done it earlier too) expose how good well-wisher you are of jat community. People will be hurling shoes on you in baghpat.....

piush_tomar
February 18th, 2010, 05:08 PM
and who are you first? ...you dodgy personality....your humiliating remarks against the people of baghpat (you have done it earlier too) expose how good well-wisher you are of jat community. People will be hurling shoes on you in baghpat.....

I am well wisher of baghpat people thats why dont like your Bhagwan ajit singh...agar dekha jaye to is aarakshan ki jarrorat baghpat jaton ko hi sabse jayda hey..aur tere prashant choorney aisey lagrey jaisey tuje MLA ka ticket dega woh...ab first and last warning dont do personel attack on me... I dont need to tell you that how deep I can go in any village of baghpat and can squeeze your voice from ur Halaq..so dont be personel..

ravichaudhary
February 19th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I understand and appreciate your views but who is jealous here? Wait...let me say..Mr. yashpal malik is the greatest man the jats have ever seen...is it ok now?

I will confess some disappointment about your posts, which are provocative to say the very least.

The sarcasm is uncalled for, and I cannot see why you would use sarcasm.

This thread was not about personalities, Mr. Ajit Singh did not even figure in this thread, nor did Baghpat or Mr Malik.

If you want to discuss Ajit Singh , or anyone else, start a separate thread.

This is a grassroots movement that has just started, and a number of individuals who are members of this site are also participating.

The question is simple- Is reservation beneficial? and if so how should lit be supported.

Throwing offensive remarks around is not acceptable.

I am going to delete some of the offensive portions of the posts. Here again, as moderator, I do not see my role to be one of wiping runny noses, and cleaning up after provocateurs create a mess .

Action will be taken against people who try and derail the topic.

No more warnings

Ravi Chaudhary

prashantacmet
February 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I will confess some disappointment about your posts, which are provocative to say the very least.

This thread was not about personalities, Mr. Ajit Singh did not even figure in this thread, nor did Baghpat or Mr Malik.

This is a grassroots movement that has just started, and a number of individuals who are members of this site are also participating.

The question is simple- Is reservation beneficial? and if so how should lit be supported.

I am going to delete some of the offensive portions of the posts. Here again, as moderator, I do not see my role to be one of wiping runny noses, and cleaning up after provocateurs create a mess .

No more warnings

Ravi Chaudhary

I guess that you did not read all the posts carefully. I am not the one who is discussing chaudhary ajeet singh. I am just objecting against the crude remarks for ajeet singh and great legendry chaudhary charan singh. I know that you will ban me for a single line against yashpal malik but you will not ban the person who humiliated chaudhary charan singh every now and then. You are authoirty here and you can do whatever you want. I understand that we are discussing here about Jat reservation but plz let me know, to humiliate chaudhary charan singh, chaudhary ajeet singh and people of baghpat, is the part of Jat reservation demand? I will not wonder iF you ban me after reading this post...............:)...God bless you!!

brahmtewatia
February 19th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I understand and appreciate your views but who is jealous here? Wait...let me say..Mr. yashpal malik is the greatest man the jats have ever seen...is it ok now?

No more warnings

Ravi Chaudhary

I guess that you did not read all the posts carefully. I am not the one who is discussing chaudhary ajeet singh. I am just objecting against the crude remarks for ajeet singh and great legendry chaudhary charan singh. I know that you will ban me for a single line against yashpal malik but you will not ban the person who humiliated chaudhary charan singh every now and then. You are authoirty here and you can do whatever you want. I understand that we are discussing here about Jat reservation but plz let me know, to humiliate chaudhary charan singh, chaudhary ajeet singh and people of baghpat, is the part of Jat reservation demand? I will not wonder iF you ban me after reading this post...............:)...God bless you!!ravi ji and dear prashant !

on the issue, i stand for prashant. though his posts were sarcastic, but he had an honest and clear vision, duly supported by his clarification. this thread is full of mess and ravi ji (with due respect) never intervened. however, when he replied to ravi ji's post by saying... "Mr. yashpal malik is the greatest man the jats have ever seen...is it ok now?"... all hell ran lose.

ravi ji (again with due respect)... IMHO this is not fair. any neutral 3rd person following the thread, will appreciate my opinion. here again, if his reply would have been against any other member... i can bet bottom dollars, you would have never intervened <<< this is an HONEST FACT... you admit that or not... it's upto your wisdom, but please don't lie to your conscience and i am sure you wont. you have a personality, that is far above these issues and these petty prejudices.

you, also very diplomatically tried to get away by saying... "i am not here to clear any running noses"... correct !!! but please use the same stick for all.

prashant, as we all know is a very senior member and is a staunch supporter of JAT reservation. the matter, that started this row is close to his heart and for any person of western UP. did any one care for his feelings ??? JAT reservation, can be a big issue for you, me and so many members here... but not bigger than someone's feeling. your support (as well as mine) for reservation can never become so big an OBSESSION that you can crush anybody's feelings. his frustration is right and carries sense, please appreciate that... its my humble request. earlier, on another altercation of prashant with burdak ji, you have supported him... (right or wrong, that is/was irrespective)... (if i remember correctly... pardon my ignorance here)

you are here trying to suppress his opinion by giving final warning, please don't do that. you have condoned, bigger culprits on the issue and on this very thread. prashant's posts may be sarcastic and may (or may not) be arguably wrong, but for sure they don't deserve that 'autocratic sotki' that you are brandishing in the air.

i dont want to see a member of his repute, go down the JATland archives as "another sensible soul lost". lets not use the same stick that saw so many sensible JATlander's leave this portal, never to return back.

ravi ji, just give an honest thought to your action and my post. i am sure and very confident of you... that, you will have your answer !!!

p.s. : i wish and pray that good sense should prevail.

yudhvirmor
February 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM
ravi ji and dear prashant !

on the issue, i stand for prashant. though his posts were sarcastic, but he had an honest and clear vision, duly supported by his clarification. this thread is full of mess and ravi ji (with due respect) never intervened. however, when he replied to ravi ji's post by saying... "Mr. yashpal malik is the greatest man the jats have ever seen...is it ok now?"... all hell ran lose.

ravi ji (again with due respect)... IMHO this is not fair. any neutral 3rd person following the thread, will appreciate my opinion. here again, if his reply would have been against any other member... i can bet bottom dollars, you would have never intervened <<< this is an HONEST FACT... you admit that or not... it's upto your wisdom, but please don't lie to your conscience and i am sure you wont. you have a personality, that is far above these issues and these petty prejudices.

you, also very diplomatically tried to get away by saying... "i am not here to clear any running noses"... correct !!! but please use the same stick for all.

prashant, as we all know is a very senior member and is a staunch supporter of JAT reservation. the matter, that started this row is close to his heart and for any person of western UP. did any one care for his feelings ??? JAT reservation, can be a big issue for you, me and so many members here... but not bigger than someone's feeling. your support (as well as mine) for reservation can never become so big an OBSESSION that you can crush anybody's feelings. his frustration is right and carries sense, please appreciate that... its my humble request. earlier, on another altercation of prashant with burdak ji, you have supported him... (right or wrong, that is/was irrespective)... (if i remember correctly... pardon my ignorance here)

you are here trying to suppress his opinion by giving final warning, please don't do that. you have condoned, bigger culprits on the issue and on this very thread. prashant's posts may be sarcastic and may (or may not) be arguably wrong, but for sure they don't deserve that 'autocratic sotki' that you are brandishing in the air.

i dont want to see a member of his repute, go down the JATland archives as "another sensible soul lost". lets not use the same stick that saw so many sensible JATlander's leave this portal, never to return back.

ravi ji, just give an honest thought to your action and my post. i am sure and very confident of you... that, you will have your answer !!!

p.s. : i wish and pray that good sense should prevail.

I second your opinion... It looks like "My way or highway"..
I don't support reservation and I don't consider Ajit Singh or Yashpal Malik as great leader. Its my opinion and it differs from opinion of Parshant or Piyush.
However, It doesn't mean that somebody will start bullying me because I don't agree with them.

I can see that many of us using JL as a political platform. There is no harm to have political ambitions or ideology but whats wrongs it to abuse those who don't sync with your ideology.

prashantacmet
February 19th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I second your opinion... It looks like "My way or highway"..
I don't support reservation and I don't consider Ajit Singh or Yashpal Malik as great leader. Its my opinion and it differs from opinion of Parshant or Piyush.
However, It doesn't mean that somebody will start bullying me because I don't agree with them.

I can see that many of us using JL as a political platform. There is no harm to have political ambitions or ideology but whats wrongs it to abuse those who don't sync with your ideology.

But It happens...new vogue of intimidation!!..It looks like all JL members will also have to indulge themselves in charan singh and family bashing along with demand of Jat reservation If they want to survive on this site.....people here are hallucinated by comparing yashpal malik with sir chotu ram and if someone snubs , he is threatened to trash out..contribution of charan singh is belittled..yashpal malik is glorified like GOD and a single word against yashpal malik get you banned...uss mare hue ke chahe jutti paado...............

brahmtewatia
February 19th, 2010, 10:44 PM
i failed to understand the logic as to why all the posts have been moved here. can any good samaritan enlighten my brahm(it) thoughts. since long, i've been advocating that this thread has served its purpose and should be made sticky (thank you mods) and also, should be closed.

i would like to know, why this thread has been polluted, by pouring-in all the filth gathered from other thread(s). also i would like to have the intervention of col tevathia, the starter of this thread.

where are the suggestions in the posts that have been moved here ???

brahmtewatia
February 19th, 2010, 10:51 PM
not to digress from the subject: a suggestion !!!

why shouldn't we start a thread... "हाडे खूंड बजाओ... अर खूब छिक के बजाओ"... and move all those posts on that thread

p.s. this is prakash(it) state of my being.

ravichaudhary
February 19th, 2010, 10:54 PM
In post # 46 of this thread, Mr Vaidwan had used the term “Kutte bhonkthe rahega, gadhichalti rajegi”

Unfortunately the comment was edited out by me, and cannot be brought back, to allow members to read it ( the original) and judge for themselves.

This provoked Mr Tomar to respond in kind.

From my, the moderator’s POV, Mr Vaidwan’s comment was provocative, unnecessary, and uncalled for.

What is gong to get a member banned , is not whether he/she is for, or against an issue.

What will get them banned in intemperate, provocative and insulting language against other members.

That will only be following the guidance rules laid down in the members agreement , which all agree to when they join this site

See : http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ

From my POV, extreme views are allowed, criticism of public figures, their views, their policies, their achievements or lack of them are allowed.

Readers should have their views and express them. That is what we want. A forum where such views are expressed, and which ( forum) can act like a think tank for the Jat community.

The question arises in what manner should you express these views - if they are expressed in a manner calculated to insult the other member and generate heat to derail the thread, the purpose is counter productive . That , in my humble view, should not be allowed or tolerated.

This is a member site. It is for the members, and it is run by members.

What kind of a site do members wish it to be?

Members may please post their views.

Those who wish to contact me may also do so privately by email , if they do not wish to post their views in public
Ravi Chaudhary

brahmtewatia
February 19th, 2010, 11:05 PM
suggestion-II

>>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?25973-Can-WORDS-express-our-feelings&highlight=words+express

brahmtewatia
February 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM
suggestion - III

if it is appropriate, can we merge this thread here >>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?28170-Civilized-discussion-guidelines-at-JATland-!!!

akshaymalik84
February 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Reluctantly, I will put on my moderator hat and make a few comments.

Young Jat gentlemen, do need to realize that, when they participate on a public form like Jatland, they are bound by rules of etiquette- i.e. good manners.

The same kind of good manners they use at home, and what they expect to be shown in their dealings with others, of their family and loved ones.

That will be a poor result, for we would like more participation not less.

Ravi Chaudhary

Ravi ji, please specify your rules to Young Jats. That can make it easy for young fellows " how to write without hurting anyone". Sorry to say but older ones are not helping either. Or another option is to leave Jl as Vivek Bhartiyee ji did.

brahmtewatia
February 19th, 2010, 11:35 PM
evolution at JATland takes it time. my suggestion to young members is to take their own time to evolve. JATland is like a darwinian petri-dish... a classic example of the survival of the fittest. it took million years for homo-sapien to come to its present stage... so is true with all those senior members, they all stood the test of time.

those who cannot evolve are like cowards and can see their way out. sounds harsh... but that's the dictum of JATland.

ravichaudhary
February 20th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Ravi ji, please specify your rules to Young Jats. That can make it easy for young fellows " how to write without hurting anyone". Sorry to say but older ones are not helping either. Or another option is to leave Jl as Vivek Bhartiyee ji did.

re post 61

Let us try and get a grasp of what we are trying to do here.

This is open to input, so I will just start by putting down my views.

I would like to see this site, this group, be a platform for the Jat community. A platform where they can associate, discuss their culture.

I think it is not so much as rules that are needed , but structures.

Rules are pretty dead things , but structures evolve to meet changing conditions. That is something that can be taken for granted, and as a constant- change is constant . They changed from my grandfather’s time to mine, and they will change for my children. My grandchildren will face different conditions in their time.

As members of a group grow older they will and must be replaced by younger members. The same applies to leadership- as leadership grows older it is replaced by younger leaders.

What one like to see develop here, is that the platform evolves and it flexible enough to evolve with the times.

The purpose of the platform is communication.

Developing communication with others , generally is more successful if it is conducted in a pleasant manner.

Hurling insults, using abusive language , generally does not make a lot of friends. People tend to be put off.

Hence I use the term good manners.

If our members, young and old, use good manners in their communications with each other, then we will have a more successful platform and group.

What I would like to see is more participation by the silent majority- some 15,000 strong. Some how I think if the atmosphere is welcoming and positive, people will participate and if not they will not.

It is important to participate. For one it gets your communication skills developed. It enable you to improve your public interaction. It improves your leadership skills.

Right now, and this is for our younger members who do not post as yet- do so, the first few posts will get rid of the posting( stage) fright, that everyone feels when they post or speak in public for the first time.

Your views are important, but if you do not speak up no one will know, what you had to contribute, and we will be poorer for it.

Let us try and expand on good manners-

- Do not use language you would not use with your parents or your sisters.

- Do not use four- letter words.

- Sarcasm is hurtful. Try and avoid it.

- Do not be ‘cute’, it shows through and one cannot get away with it.

- Remember that whatever you write on the internet is permanent. There is always a record. It will be there long after you are dead and gone. If you write something nasty, remember it may come back to haunt you . Your boss may just be googling your name to see what comes up. If it is found you are using abusive language, or putting forth extremist views, your days will be numbered. Increasingly employers are seeing what people are putting on the net.

It would be a shame for you miss that promotion , due to some indiscretionary post you did when you were in college or just starting off your career.

Do not be afraid to make an honest mistake. No one is here to censure you or laugh at you.

I hope this helps. Input from other younger members will be most welcome.

There is lots to do.

It is your future, your moment , please hurry up and seize it.

Ravi Chaudhary

brahmtewatia
February 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
It is important to participate. For one it gets your communication skills developed. It enable you to improve your public interaction. It improves your leadership skills.this is correct !

but before you decide on anything, prepare your mind with an answer... what is your purpose to come at JATland?

is it worth your time and energy ?

how much time you can devote for JAT community and for your fellow brethren, who can gain from your experience ?

are you really gaining something from here, be it ettiquettes, manners, writing skills, good thoughts, knowledge or whatever...

my english writing skills को जंग लगने लगा था, JATland provided a perfect platform to sharpen my skills... nd i also learnt जाटू. i also got in touch with some great samatitans and enlightened souls and shook hands with many extra ordinary friends, which will remain an asset for my life.

brahmtewatia
February 20th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Let us try and expand on good manners-

- Do not use language you would not use with your parents or your sisters.

- Do not use four- letter words.

- Sarcasm is hurtful. Try and avoid it.

- Do not be ‘cute’, it shows through and one cannot get away with it.
ravi ji,

tell me one thing... i have been shouting, on top of my lungs on some suggestions ? do they sound hoarse to mods ? if that is the case, then what is the purpose of participation?

all your above big write-up go in vain, if that is the case. or is it the other way round... "its my way or no way"... members are just morons... we want them to be here to do their bakar bakar. i am sorry sir, but, you are yourself defying your own logic.

ok, give me one good reason as to why this thread cannot be merged here... nd i'll keep my mouth shut.
v
v

suggestion - III

if it is appropriate, can we merge this thread here >>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?28170-Civilized-discussion-guidelines-at-JATland-!!!

prashantacmet
February 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
In post # 46 of this thread, Mr Vaidwan had used the term “Kutte bhonkthe rahega, gadhichalti rajegi”. This is a well known proverb. Not a product of my mind. It may be provocative but dear sir how can you forget to mention the response of this "do stoping barking like the dog of baghpat". All the people of baghpat are dogs or what? You deleted this as well from Mr. Tomar post:confused:.. You are showing only one side of the story.

Unfortunately the comment was edited out by me, and cannot be brought back, to allow members to read it ( the original) and judge for themselves.

This provoked Mr Tomar to respond in kind.

From my, the moderator’s POV, Mr Vaidwan’s comment was provocative, unnecessary, and uncalled for. From my point of view, you provoked me when you suddenly jump in the conversation between me and Mr. Tomar and be judgemental about the "petty jealousies". I still ask how the jealousy comes in the picture? Don't you see the jealousy in chaudhary charan singh and family bashing!!

What is gong to get a member banned , is not whether he/she is for, or against an issue.

What will get them banned in intemperate, provocative and insulting language against other members.

That will only be following the guidance rules laid down in the members agreement , which all agree to when they join this site

See : http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ

From my POV, extreme views are allowed, criticism of public figures, their views, their policies, their achievements or lack of them are allowed. I know that and still remember the thread started by you questioning the achievements of chaudhary charan singh. But can you please clarify how the petty jealousies" come in picture when I write a one line statement for Mr. yashpal mailk? Criticisation of chaudhary sahab is fair but a line for Mr. Yashapl mailk is jealousy....how??

Here is my take for this: You questioned the chaudhary charan singh achievement so if someone else also does it criticisation is OK but you stands for Mr. yashpal malik so criticisation of him is "jealousy"
How funny??;) You and me are are just "petty human beings" so you also are not also beyond from the basic human traits like anger, hate, jealousy like me. I undertsand that so just chill:rock:rock

Readers should have their views and express them. That is what we want. A forum where such views are expressed, and which ( forum) can act like a think tank for the Jat community.

The question arises in what manner should you express these views - if they are expressed in a manner calculated to insult the other member and generate heat to derail the thread, the purpose is counter productive . That , in my humble view, should not be allowed or tolerated.

This is a member site. It is for the members, and it is run by members.

What kind of a site do members wish it to be? As braham bhai sahab said already " same stick for all "

Those who wish to contact me may also do so privately by email , if they do not wish to post their views in public
Ravi Chaudhary

singhabhimanyu
February 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
mr. ravi, i've been intimidated by u earlier..n i've always known u were wrong.. n now i can see you enjoy bullying.
about views.. i want the history section here to contain information from VALID sources.. i said the same in ratia mhaal thread. btw for ur knowledge about 80 years back my gaam had a giant named motia-mhaal.. such was his strength n vigor tht he cud've thrown ratia-mhaal 500m away in the river. im collecting info on him.. soon i'll post a pic of his 600 kgs lattoo.. he cud swirl this enormous lattoo @ 512 rounds per second. its said he was blessed with this lattoo from lord hanuman's pious hands. darshan diye the unhone. i've got 36 villagers over 100 years in age who can testify this. unfortunately motia-mhaal was never honored n with no money for treatment motia-mhaal died of motia-bindh. if stories on mere hearsay can be called history then pls help me make a wiki entry on motia mhaal.

in short, as a member i want this site to be equal for all.. so mr editor, please hold back nepotism.

What kind of a site do members wish it to be?

brahmtewatia
February 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Dear Members,
Once again the thread has been hijacked by personal egos; and self esteem. It was interesting to read the Quote: "Never Argue with Idiots..............", I am unable to figure out as to who is the Idiot here (sometimes I feel that it probably be myself for propogating the same theme of sticking to the topic again and again to the wise members) I don't know whether or not Idiots beat you with their experience; but what I see, that the TOPIC does get beaten again and again.
What I am trying to get is; let us concentrate on the topic.
Think before making any loose comments. It is a site where we want to carry out an intellectual discussion on the different subjects. I only hope a good sense prevails; and I am not beaten by people because of their EXPERIENCE.
no sir,

you are not the idiot here... how can you forget about other members on the portal esp. me... (lol) i am the one, please accept my sincere apologies for that.

honestly, i tried my best to reason up... but i failed nd i failed miserably... period !

################################################## ########

i've brought this post from other thread and would like to carry out the discussion here.

col sir, now look here... the onus lies with the curator of the thread to keep it in proper direction nd try his best with timely intervention to bring the subject back on track (>>> if it is a sort of serious discussion)... correct naa ?

tell me do you think this was the case in that thread ?

how serious was the curator about the discussion ?

where is the intellectuality in the discussion ?

did you check, last few lines in his 'op' (opening post)
v
here they are
v
v
v

Esp. for those who do not beleive in India's Progress..........

A lines for India:

Aaj teri Knowledge ki Dashat America k dil me Hai.............

now tell me, where lies the blame nd who is to blame ???

brahmtewatia
February 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
col sir,

with due respect... ever heard of a word called 'BHAAND' ? <<< here lies the answer.

would appreciate your views on the thread >>> (click here) >>> 'internet trolls' (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?28130-These-NEW-Internet-Trolls-on-dear-ol-Jatland)

brahmtewatia
March 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
since the title is "suggestion to members"... i would like to bring this post of mine from "internet trolls" thread out here. [post # 36 - Link >>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?28130-These-NEW-quot-Internet-Trolls-quot-on-dear-ol-Jatland!&p=241002&viewfull=1#post241002]
v
v
v

you got no idea, as to what extent these trolls can go. i've witnessed the most filthiest of language on this portal, that you cant even guess in your wildest of imagination. all these write-ups on this thread is not someone's craftmanship or something out of illusion... it has come from real experience.

also, you've got no idea, to the sort of nuisance and havoc these trolls can create for moderators. we earlier discussed about trolls and now the (lesser harmlful though...) annoying bhaands... making poop jokes to get attention, often getting uglier by making themselves feel less puny by taking a bite out of your ankle.

the worse comes when their arguments start becoming ad hominem (playing the man not the ball)... and that's where the problem comes. it’s human nature to admire authority, but it’s also human nature to resent it. if you stand out and speak with confidence, you become a target.

... nd then there are those, who dont want themselves get beaten by some idiot's experience. but, would cry 'foul' and try to shower wisdom on others and claim to carry the baton for the community. but, have no actions to back up their claim to be the preachers of whats right and >>> whats now ?... these are the one's, when having the opportunity to help someone... they backed-off (sic).

but, will pop up every now and then to give folks their pearls of wisdom. look, there is no one trying to get an upper hand on anyone else. its just an issue of who's being real and who's being a fake on this forum !!!

i dont blame you, for your exuberance towards this community and this portal... a very typical for a new member. so, mr. v.p. singh of sidhanwa (bhiwani) now in kuala lumpur... please control your emotions. dont get judgmental nd calm down, take a deep breath, hold on !... and release it slowly... and i'll follow you for that matter.
v
v
v
calm down, take a deep breath, hold on !... and release it slowly !

anilsinghd
March 1st, 2010, 03:59 PM
The Prakashit has gone Bhramit again! At least he is raged to say the least. I have not followed the whole history here as it is mentioned that some stuff is deleted. Anyways , what I wish to post here is some general thoughts as Ravi and Brahm have tried in parts to flesh out what is the purpose of this site(or for that matter any internet portal). And I speak with a bit of experience , of approx 5 years now.
Internet sites/portals are fascinating to start with. You arre intimidated by the sheer size of things at times e.g. any newbie coming to JL and finding 10k approx Jat members will be excited to say the least. But he is only to be disheartened in some time when he finds 95 % of members being completely inactive there. What that does is to limit the choice and the axiom of choice goes for a toss! No doubt there will be diversity in the members that are there, people might come from different age groups , different places , different academic and professional background. Add to that the motives of people who are active, some are here to kill their time (nothing more!) , some are here to push through their political and career ambitions , some might come for making friends ( girl friends preferred;) ; the arguement is true for the opposite gender), some to keep in touch of what's the latest burning topic and some really do not know why are they here for.
The worse internet portals do is that they give freedom. Freedom without restraint is like unchannelled energy and it is mostly destructive. What if you mess up? what if you abuse a moderator? What if you get banned? --> Answer to all these questions is simple -- make another account , who cares! :)

I will give more example. You start your career by joining a big and reputed firm , you meet people from different departments , different fields and age and preferences (political , social ) but you do not argue unless you have built a strong enough rapport with someone. Infact you dont even talk about it because consciously or unconsciously you recognise that it can harm you in big way , it will not be as simple as you are banned! :) If someone digs up my posts , you might find this "rapport" thing writ large in my earlier posts. That separates the "well natured teasing" from the "rash comments and derogratotry remarks". I have been rude with Brahm (just to quote an example) when I am arguing with him , infact I remember we locked horns big time when discussing reservation issue , but then we have courage to acdept each other's personal opinion and move on. Difference of opinion is not the base for different ways , or is it? I dont agree with my father on certain issues does not mean that I stop respecting him?
In a nutshell it is the classical problem of Rights and Duties , No rights come without duties , no freedom comes without respect for others. Remember your freedom is not unlimited. The axiom of choice only goes as far as when it starts encroaching other people's freedom and choices. Let's have respect for others irrespective of what opinion they have. Remember we already are bound by law to not discriminate on basis of class , color , gender , race, caste etc. How big of a effort would it be to add "choice" in that list? I wrote similar sentiments in one of my posts recently and one of members asked me to be practical. Yes folks , I am being practical! And my simple explanation of this kind of seemingly unpractical thought is this : You CANNOT change anyone else opinion by forcing your's own on him/her. when are you being polite , you at least have a chance (might be as little as 0.1 %). I again reiterate here that expressions/ideas/arguements/discussions are no slaves of words. Passion has got nothing to do with strong words. Whenever you are writing here , make sure you proof-read your posts for any kind of undue hurt that it can do to people. :)

================================================

On the context of the purpose , I am a bit frustrated myself over here. All good things are neglected or dumped within days here. I have time and again put up thoughts and ideas and asked the Mods to take up a lead role (being the undisputed leaders of the portal) but that falls on deaf ears. I kind of understand now that Mods do want to take up a neutral role even on the constructive things which on one hand is disappointing but I respect their choices.
And this one specially for you Brahm , since you are the master at digging out posts , please digg out one of your own in which you asked me to have restraint as Rome was not built in a day! :) I just hope (though I know i am hoping against hope!) that it is being constructed somewhere! :)

Regards, Anil

vdhillon
November 27th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Poor Twatiya Ji, he has been shut up, ganged upon, and shut out, no wonder he did not bother to return after June.

For mods, by mods, site with tiny registered membership of 1200+.

deswaldeswal
March 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I request to teen ager (pyari bahne and betiyan) please join 'jat land'

vishalsunsunwal
March 3rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Dear Admin PPl,

I request u all to give voic chat as optional tool in chaupal along with writing, it will attract both young & old both, when other msgrs have this why can't jatland be. I hope its not difficult to implement, give it a try. Do it asap, shubh kaam me deri kaise.

amitdeswal85
August 2nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
I strongly endorse your suggestions Col. Tavathia but all the members of JL are not so learned that they cann't do any mistake. So mistakes relating to spelling, grammer are not so important as the idea/views behind the theards are important. So our duty is understand their views and made healthy discussions on that views. The learned member of Jl like you assist that type of members by telling them how they can post a healthy thread on Jl and at on forum.

With Regards,
Amit Singh Deswal

Prikshit
September 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hi all,

I think all the valid points made above find great relevance. I owe you all for such kind suggesstions,dos and don'ts.

I think the main point coming out of here is to respect others ans there point of views as well.

We should keep a watch on few people, who by making stupid remaks kills the very essence of threads inturn JL.

This is a platform to grow well,mingle with eahother,get over to the shortcomings.
We sholud exploit it for good. There are many sources like social networking sites there you can do what you wish.

People are jugded bye their wisdom not wealth or how much they can mock others.

Please take it to high priority,change yourself ans do your bit.

I feel proud to be a part of this venture to bring prosperity and harmony among us.

Col sir your work is highly commendable. I look forward for more such posts from which we can learn many things.

Dahiya uncle and all other , your contribution is also highly appreciated.

Last but not the least "Saying alone won't help execution is required"