PDA

View Full Version : Islamisation of Media

skadian123
October 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
It has been my obersvation over the last couple of years that there has been a growing islamisation of the media.

Everyday, we watch news on the Hindi news channels which invariably use more of Urdu words and diction than hindi. We listen to radio programmes on channels which are again supposed to be Hindi language channels but the amount of Urdu used there surpasses the Hindi actually used. In fact, quite a few of the programmes on the FM stations have started beginning and ending their programmes with greetings like waeliqum salam and Khuda hafiz/shaba khair interspersed with numerous words like shukriya, insha allah, etc., etc.

We watch Hindi movies which very evidently are more of Urdu movies than Hindi movies. We listen to the so-called Hindi songs when actually these are Urdu songs. In fact what appears to be the phenomenon is urdufication which once used to be limited to the so-called bollywood and is gradually percolating to the other forms of media like television, radio, newspapers, magazines etc.

On introspection of the language used by me, I see that even I use quite a few urdu words in my conversations, the reason for which I analysed to be the bombardment of urdu in the media surrounding me. In fact, even today, despite it being Gandhi Jayanti, the media is falling head over heels to project itself more and more pro-Islamic by airing lengthy programmes on Eid, thereby overshadowing the birthday celebrations of the father of the nation and the least to mention, the Navratras. There are full page press ads sponsored by various government departments on the occasion of Eid.

Would pure hindi become extinct like sanskrit in the times to come? Would we be in another few years' time another Urdu speaking nation?

P.S. Requesting posts from fellow members who think seriously on this issue and who can contribute productively on the pros and cons of this topic.

bharti
October 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
It has been my obersvation over the last couple of years that there has been a growing islamisation of the media.

In fact, even today, despite it being Gandhi Jayanti, the media is falling head over heels to project itself more and more pro-Islamic by airing lengthy programmes on Eid, thereby overshadowing the birthday celebrations of the father of the nation and the least to mention, the Navratras. There are full page press ads sponsored by various government departments on the occasion of Eid.

Would pure hindi become extinct like sanskrit in the times to come? Would we be in another few years' time another Urdu speaking nation?

Sunil,
You forgot to mention that it also happens to be the birth anniversary of one of our ex- Prime Minister who gave us the slogan "Jai Jawan- Jai Kisaan".
Yes, Lal Bahadur Shastri.

Regarding Sanskrit, there are few trying to revive this language:rock
Please read the following link from Hindustan Times

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=51aeb44c-438a-44b6-979b-baef18b83359

My daughter used to chant Shlokas and sing beautiful poems in Sanskrit when she was in 1-2 standard while we were in Pune.
(ekh: shrgaal h: wanam gachchhati
pipaasaa tasya bhubhubksha
wanam gachchhati....) Its the story of Fox and Sour Grapes.
The way they used to teach was remarkable.They made it so interesting, beginning with stories and poems children were familiar with in English. Also, they insisted on Oral rather than written. Once the children learnt to speak, they would teach them to write.

Now here in Delhi, no Sanskrit till 4th std and when in 5th, she had a choice between Sanskrit and French. And you can guess what she has opted for;)
Still I have got her the Sanskrit book too and try to teach her.

Regards,
bharti

anilsinghd
October 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Coincidentally I was thinking of something on the line of the languages but not exactly this yesterday.

I find the criticism by Sunil a bit harsh and also a bit targetted.

Its perhaps not the Urdu but English as well as the culprit for ruining the flavour of "Pure Hindi".

Dont we use a lot of English words as well when we converse? Even the illiterates use them a lot.

Infact to be true , the language in Delhi and North India and the one which is spoken around in educated friend circle is no one language , its a mix of all... ! So i would not like to pin point any one particular language as the culprit.

Now what I was thinking yesterday was that no matter how fluent are you in one language , probably the most fun and interaction one can have is in his/her mother language! I was out on October fest yesterday with colleagues and though I perfectly communicate with them in office and for official purposes but when enjoying there is always a communication gap. To add , i have an indian colleague in US and i prefer to write to him in hindi on emails :D

Regarding Media coverage , media shows what sells , free markets u know. US is realising that free markets are perhaps not the best ( with their bail out packages and stuff) , may be some day Indian media would!

Cheers,
Anil

downtoearth
October 3rd, 2008, 12:29 AM
waassttaaggee of time

rinkusheoran
October 3rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I dont think its the urdufication or whatever other name you gave it, rather its all about opening up to other languages, i have seen people making efforts on learning foreign languages that are not even spoken in india, what you will call that? I think english is the language that is spoken all over the world , what it would be called? americanisation or britishanisation?
So from my point of view i dont think there is any harm in using urdu words or for that matter english words on hindi news channel. Its upto individuals how they percieve it rather than islamisation or urdufication.

P.S: Its hurt when they are showing about Eid rather than Mahatma Gandhi or Lal Bahadur Shastri or Navratras But it does not hurt even a bit when they are not showing about Shaheed-e-azam Bhagat Singh ( ponder over this).

sachinb
October 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Allah hu Akbar:)

jyaada darna nahi chahiye

skadian123
October 3rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Varied and some worth pondering replies - at least some. Though, at the same time, regret having wasted somebody's time who called it 'wastage of time'. In fact, it was very encouraging to read Bharti ji's reply wherein she mentioned that she is ensuring that her daughter imbibes the Indian values and heritage, which I am sure most of us neglect.

The question still remains to a vast majority- is Hindi going to be soon extinct just the way Sanskrit became extinct. Are the French and English foolish that they feel offended when you don't speak with them in their own language or is that we feel ashamed in honouring something including our culture and language which is intrinsically ours. There is no harm in learning and using foreign languages but should it necessarily be at the cost of your own language? Urdu or English are some of the most beautiful languages, but is Hindi that bad/ugly a language that it should not be used?

With things continuing like this, I foresee within this decade just two languages being spoken in India, particularly the urban India - Urdu and English.

Expecting some more soul searching here with both the pros and cons.

P.S. For those who think it is wastage of time, the same is regretted. You may please excuse this post.

sachinb
October 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Actually the fact is that we are ashamed of our own culture, feel ashamed in speaking Hindi or for that matter any of our native dialect.
and majority of us feel ashamed ....baaki jo marji chaahe hum claim kar de....lekin sachai to yahi hai....

sandeepkadian05
October 7th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Actually the fact is that we are ashamed of our own culture, feel ashamed in speaking Hindi or for that matter any of our native dialect.
and majority of us feel ashamed ....baaki jo marji chaahe hum claim kar de....lekin sachai to yahi hai....

True to a very large extent actually, no matter what anyone else says. And sunil there is no urduisation going on, Its just that the language in north india hasn't been pure hindi for a very long time. All the muslim invaders left their imprints on Indian culture and language is an inherent part of culture. After moving to the gulf i realised we use quite a few arabic words too in day to day use in India. But dealing with americans or europeans we feel ashamed in using our mother tongue which is a fact. Even among indians its kind of fashionable to speak english rather than hindi. I dont know whats the solution to this is but you can look at france if you need any inspiration. All those buggers know english but make you speak in french before they acknowledge you.

skadian123
October 7th, 2008, 10:04 PM
The question put in my initial post still remains - Is Hindi going the same way as Sanskrit. The Hindi news, movies, songs, every day language - Is it actually Hindi or there is an increasing trend of urdufication.

Most of the replies have been defensive in nature here, justifying that even English is being used mixed with Hindi and that Urdu should not be targetted. My question is that considering the amount of actual Hindi used till a few years back, can we confidently say that the actual usage at present is the same or not. My question never was and still is not - which language is the best. All languages are good in their own right.

My contention is that in the times to come there would be only two languages used in India - Urdu and English especially in the metros. Urdu would completely replace Hindi. Even in the present case, is it not misleading to label news, movies, songs, etc. as Hindi when they mostly comprise of urdu words and dialect.

anilsinghd
October 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM
The question put in my initial post still remains - Is Hindi going the same way as Sanskrit. The Hindi news, movies, songs, every day language - Is it actually Hindi or there is an increasing trend of urdufication.

Most of the replies have been defensive in nature here, justifying that even English is being used mixed with Hindi and that Urdu should not be targetted. My question is that considering the amount of actual Hindi used till a few years back, can we confidently say that the actual usage at present is the same or not. My question never was and still is not - which language is the best. All languages are good in their own right.

My contention is that in the times to come there would be only two languages used in India - Urdu and English especially in the metros. Urdu would completely replace Hindi. Even in the present case, is it not misleading to label news, movies, songs, etc. as Hindi when they mostly comprise of urdu words and dialect.

Sorry but I am not getting on why you are hell bent on saying only urdu will remain. If Delhites have a tinge of Haryanvi and Punjabi in their talks , would you consider that as good or bad ?

Waht if we look for the other side , hindi replaing words in Urdu ?

Can you as well place some facts on how much Hindi and Urdu overlap in terms of their word usage? May be we can do an analysis!

Many thanks!
Anil

skadian123
October 8th, 2008, 11:39 PM
The question supposed to be asked and answered in this thread is not to rank languages as good or bad. Nor is it a question of which language is the best.

At the same time, neither do I say that the increasing use of Urdu or decline of Hindi Usage is bad. It's the trend which I have observed over the past few years which made me think:

1. Is the use of actual Hindi words in our daily usage declining?
2. Would Hindi be an obsolete language like Sanskrit in the times to come?

Simple questions seeking simple or not so simple answers. Thats it!!

jitendershooda
October 9th, 2008, 12:14 AM
1. Is the use of actual Hindi words in our daily usage declining?
2. Would Hindi be an obsolete language like Sanskrit in the times to come?

Simple questions seeking simple or not so simple answers. Thats it!!

Yes Sunil, I agree with you that

1) Use of Hindi words in our daily usage is reducing drastically. Also the chaltu (mix of hindi, english, urdu, local) bhasha is increasing. Like 'Mast', 'jhakkas', 'bole to', 'bindas', 'wat lag gae', 'yaar' etc are the words those are in abundance. Means whatever language it is, the use of chaltu words is more and people (including we/me) are less caring about the discipline in word picking instead the casual attitude is gaining popularity.
(Not saying it is bad or not here, each may have different thoughts)

2) Yes, Sudh hindi has took a back seat already and in near future it may go more less in use. Instead the sudh roop of all languages is changing. Shayad hindi wali kahani sabhi languages ke sath hai apne desh mein.

jitendershooda
October 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM

Bhai Urdu speaking to na lagta manney ... haan chaltu speaking to ho rahya hai er hovega dikhey aur ... sadakchap bhasha is gaining popularity.

arvind1069
October 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
ye to hona hi hai. jab tak ham apni matribhasha main baat karne main heen bhavna maante rahenge ye to hoga hi. jab koi shudh hindi main baat karta hai to logon ko lagt hai ki koi purane samay ka aadmi hai, anpar type, modern nahi hai etc etc.
yehi kaaran hai ki hum apni bhasha nahi bolta. nahi to hindi sarvshrestha bhasha hai kyunki sanskrit ke sabse jyada nikat hai

piyush83
October 26th, 2008, 02:36 AM
I agree with Jitender, i think the 'chaltu" language is getting quite common, i myself am the biggest mixer of hindi and english, mostly because im not exposed to a lot of hindi, as i stay in a english environment. But Im very proud of my national language and try to always speak in hindi with my dad, with my mother i always speak in hindi, because she doesnt know english. I think because of more english shows being televised, indian people are starting to talk more of the "chaltu" talk.
I think it is up to pay as much attention to our hindi as to our english, so that we maintain the beauty of our language. Im not afraid of urdu taking over, i think thats nonsense; i think its a bit fake to suddenly start talking in urdu unless you want to be a pakistani, and indians are too patriotic to betray their language like that, but i am fearful that the chaltu language may start dominating in the future, and hindi may lose some of its lustre.

As for the comment on being ashamed of hindi or any other dialect, i personally am not ashamed of my hindi or the marwari my mother speaks. I used to be a bit embarrased when my mother spoke hindi mixed with some marwari (she cudnt help it) in public with the other aunties when i was young, but i got over it long time ago, because i realized everybody in jhunjhunu (my hometown) speaks the same marwari- so why shud i be ashamed i shud be and am proud of my dialect cos its a part of my roots!, if im not proud of them it is like im letting people think their language is better than mine!
Yes, marwari sounds a bit crude, but to me it sounds cool, it sounds tough, and it sounds funny in a nice way. So you guys dont be ashamed of ur hindi or ur dialects, be proud!

p.s. im sorry there are a lot of gramatical errors (too many commas) but im not in the mood to be gramatically correct, jus wanted to get my point out.

vijay
October 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
It is advisable to have a look on the history of Indian official Language before blaming present media, movies and people.

Urdu was the official language of the Delhi Sultanate (1200 to 1525 AD) and the Mughal Empire (1526 to 1857 AD ). During these more than 600 years Urdu was used everywhere from domestic to official levels. Urdu used to be the only language in which Administration, Judiciary, Laws were made. The literature and their publication were also in Urdu. So, it can be easily understandable that how deeply it got penetrated into the Indian households. How can be blame present media for this as they just present what people like to hear and read only which is their main motto i.e. to increase their selling/viewing.

Have a look upon old Hindi movies where most of the dialogue and songs contains Urdu words. If you people talk about the songs then just pay attention to the fact that Gazal is most widely used and most popular form of poetry and all the songs were based on gazals which in turn got converted into present hindi songs. Our present songs (including oldies) are just a new modified version of Gazal. Most of our songs have no literary value if we analyze them according to the technical aspects of literature ( both Hindi and Urdu ) except a few classical compositions.

Similarly in Judiciary and Administration documents most of the words are still in urdu which were used during those 600 years ... neither British nor Independent Indian Govt took any pain to change that. Don't you see that the documents about our Agriculture, Residential Lands are written in Urdu mostly. Similarly in court caes we came across that almost everything is written in Urdu.

Spoken Urdu is quite alike Hindi/Devnagiri if people don't use some complex and specific words. We don't have to change grammer if we replace some Urdu words by Hindi/Devnagiri or vice versa in a sentence. That make it quite handy and often language got intemixed.

The Hindi/Devnagiri ( or Sanskrit) in ancient times, later urdu influence and finally inclusion of English in our spoken language has made it a mixed language which is not a pure language of any domain. We just use them according to our need, choice and suitbalility depending on the situation.

For God or bad, but this mixed language or dialect, whatever you like to call it, seems to become the future of our spoken and written practice.

neels
October 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
The first practical point to be considered in this thread is that all those who are so concerned about the vanishment of Hindi Language should write in shudh Hindi, whatever the font being used- Roman or Devnagri,, but the content should be in HIndi. Try it out and check, how much comfortable we ourselves are in the use of Hindi before questioning others.

neels
October 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
<b><font color="sienna">Spoken Urdu is quite alike Hindi/Devnagiri if people don't use some complex and specific words. We don't have to change grammer if we replace some Urdu words by Hindi/Devnagiri or vice versa in a sentence. That make it quite handy and often language got intemixed.

The Hindi/Devnagiri ( or Sanskrit) in ancient times, later urdu influence and finally inclusion of English in our spoken language has made it a mixed language which is not a pure language of any domain. We just use them according to our need, choice and suitbalility depending on the
situation.

For God or bad, but this mixed language or dialect, whatever you like to call it, seems to become the future of our spoken and written practice.

The source/origin of many hindi words is Urdu/farsi/ or Sanskrit....and same is happening now for English also, as Sanskrit/Hindi being the origin of English words.

vijay
October 26th, 2008, 03:27 PM
The source/origin of many hindi words is Urdu/farsi/ or Sanskrit....and same is happening now for English also, as Sanskrit/Hindi being the origin of English words.

Nope, Sanskrit is the source of all Hindi words. Urdu contains so many words of Sanskrit/Hindi as Urdu itself is a derived language but not an original one. Urdu is a mixture of Persian, Arabic and Hindi and was popularised by Muslim rulers in India. India have the largest Urdu speaking people in the world.

VinodDhatrawal
October 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM
What about the pro-islamic & anti-hindu contents being shown by the media? Almost all the ch# (specially NDTV & IBN) show the news items which are biased against hinduism. These people have already proved guilty the Hindu Org like VHP, Bajrang dal, Hindu Jagran Manch etc (sadhvi pragya & party), though, nothing is established yet. On the other hand, they all have raised doubts in tune with Amar Singh & party on the athenticity of Jamia encounter and sacrifice of a police officer. The media and so called intellectuals don't speak anything against the muslim fundametalists & irresponsible politicians. For instance, Mr Ram Vilas Paswan :rock:recently was stating openly as under:

1. Give Indian citizenship to all Bangaladeshi muslim migrants.
2. Ban VHP and Bajrang Dal.
3. Lift ban from SIMI.
4. Jamia millia should give legal assistance to the detained terrorists.

None of the channels criticised these veiws of persons like Paswan, lalu, Mulayam and Amar Singh.
If media for TRP (plus other reasons) and Politicians for Vote bank ki rajniti are allowed to continue this way, days are not far when our next gen will live in Islamic India.

Let me tell you all, I am not connected in any way with any Hindu Org or party.Vinod

vijay
October 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Vinod, your concerns are quite genuine about the present Muslim Appeasement Era and i agree with you. But if we look at the title post of the thread then we are supposed to discuss the language which is used by media, by us. What is present scenario regarding the language of a common man and where it may lead us in near future.

neels
October 26th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Nope, Sanskrit is the source of all Hindi words. Urdu contains so many words of Sanskrit/Hindi as Urdu itself is a derived language but not an original one. Urdu is a mixture of Persian, Arabic and Hindi and was popularised by Muslim rulers in India. India have the largest Urdu speaking people in the world.

Chalo aise sahi...but i am sure some hindi words are adapted from arabi/farsi ,,ofcourse sanskrit was the main base. mera kehne ka maksad ye tha ki aam bolchaal mein hamesha hi eclectic approach rahi hai,, aur ab bhi hai... even in Hindi literature, there is mixture of words depending upon the area it is representing.

anilsinghd
October 26th, 2008, 11:40 PM
What about the pro-islamic & anti-hindu contents being shown by the media? Almost all the ch# (specially NDTV & IBN) show the news items which are biased against hinduism. These people have already proved guilty the Hindu Org like VHP, Bajrang dal, Hindu Jagran Manch etc (sadhvi pragya & party), though, nothing is established yet. On the other hand, they all have raised doubts in tune with Amar Singh & party on the athenticity of Jamia encounter and sacrifice of a police officer. The media and so called intellectuals don't speak anything against the muslim fundametalists & irresponsible politicians. For instance, Mr Ram Vilas Paswan :rock:recently was stating openly as under:

1. Give Indian citizenship to all Bangaladeshi muslim migrants.
2. Ban VHP and Bajrang Dal.
3. Lift ban from SIMI.
4. Jamia millia should give legal assistance to the detained terrorists.

None of the channels criticised these veiws of persons like Paswan, lalu, Mulayam and Amar Singh.
If media for TRP (plus other reasons) and Politicians for Vote bank ki rajniti are allowed to continue this way, days are not far when our next gen will live in Islamic India.

Let me tell you all, I am not connected in any way with any Hindu Org or party.Vinod

My take on this is simple and that at the same time also caters as an answer to the question posed by the author of the thread !

There ain't any doubt that this is an appeasement era! Politicians / news channel / media exploit the sentiments of people. Mumbai meri jaan , the movie was an eye opener where Soha Ali khan was the journalist , she did not realise the pain people go through till she was subject to that herself!

We people are equally responsible for the same , If you watch Chak de India carefully , the girls from the east say that they cannto be happy when people call them a guest in their own country. Similarly it is not the numbers that make Muslims or any other minority community a minority , it is the percpetion which is the average of the perception we have towards them. And the perception is of minority , looking down with suspicion , same is true with the author himself.
Even a class 12th guy would recognise that it is not the "Islamisation" of media/language but is the "Cocktailisation" of languages that is happening. English , hindi , urdu , haryanvi and other dialects mixed to form a "mixed" cocktail! :)

Till the point we adhere to the provoking of emotional sentiments of these politicians who do not want to be national leaders but want to be the leaders of a particular sect ( Mayawati , Paswan for Dalits ) , some others for Muslims , some representing north east , some representing the Reservation classes, some representing the classes that have not got reservation , this is bound to happen.

No body looks at the big picture , nobody looks for any vision , short term goals take precedence on something that can be more beneficial in the long run ! This is bound to happen , Politicians , media , a particular caste / community ain't responsible , what is responsible is "WE"! :)

PS: I have duly answered the author in a couple of previous posts of mine and in this one , till the point that we will using those "provoking" words and forget about the solution , we are not getting anything.
Please try and use those divisive words at a minimum! This is a humble personal request!

piyush83
October 27th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Anil Ji I sort of agree with you. Theres a lot id like to say, but i dont want to get too into it, all ill say is this, all indians no matter what religion, or caste, geographical origin, or language they speak must respect eachother, and must stay united for our own greater benefit. Its nice to learn about other peoples cultures, and share values and learn other languages. Just because theres a lot of urdu on t.v. doesnt mean we are going to ditch hindi. The minroty is the bad people, the people who look down on other people, the people who go bombing and killing and politicising religion. I believe the majority of indians are good people, for a country of its population there are bound to be scattered incidents.

Why is the author feeling threatened about urdu taking over, i dont want to be rude, but it just sounds a bit stupid and ridiculous to me. There are a million more important things to worry about. It's a person's choice if he wants to listen to urdu ghazals, he may be interested in urdu but it doesnt mean he'l convert to speaking urdu. There are hundreds of t.v channels and radio stations out there, and many of them may be urdu, but noone's forcing u to listen to them, its a personal choice. India is got an overwhelming hindu majority u think they'l just turn muslim or something, heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! knock knock anybody home!
As for politicians they always got their agendas and want personal benefit or votes and shift sides acoordingly.

jitendershooda
October 30th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I am sharing two links ... nicely written. I found that Kadian bhai is right if he want to say that Media and other secularist organisations are going biased day by day. In the blindness of minority and other hidden benefits they are not treating neutral and not demanding justice for the majority people.

Only questions to the secularist organisations and media:

1) Why nobody wants to talk for UCC?
2) Why nobody want to talk for Root cause of orrissa and mangalore issues ... i.e. Cristian missionaries.
3) When it comes to Gujarat why nobody wants to talk for the victims of sabarmati express?

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3597772.cms

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3564672.cms

उड़ीसा में जो कुछ भी ईसाई चर्च और ननों पर आक्रमण के रूप में दिख रहा है उससे वे सामान्य हिन्दू भी दुखी हैं जो अन्यथा ईसाइयों के छल, बल और कपट से किए जाने वाले धर्मान्तरण के विरोध में तीक्ष्ण मत प्रकट करते हैं।

अगर हिन्दुओं को भारत वर्ष में अपनी धर्म संस्कृति और सभ्यता बचाने का हक नहीं होगा तो क्या यह काम वह सऊदी अरब में कर सकेंगे? सैकड़ों सालों से भारत में जन्मे पंथों पर विदेशी आक्रमण हुए। इन पंथों में वैदिक सनातनी सिख, जैन, बौद्ध आदि शामिल हैं। परन्तु आज़ादी के बाद इन्हीं पंथों पर जिहादी और ईसाई मतांतरण के आक्रमण बढ़ते गए। क्या हमें अपना धर्म बचाने का हक नहीं? यह हक अपने समाज के भीतर व्याप्त पाखण्ड को दूर करते हुए तथा पंडों, पुजारियों और ऊंची जात का अहंकार रखने वाले लोगों से धर्म को वंचित तथा वनवासी समाज के लिए समान रूप से ले जाने पर ही मिल सकता है।

दुर्गा की पूजा करना और फिर कन्या भ्रूण हत्या करना, देवी से धन, विद्या, शक्ति मांगना फिर दहेज न लाने पर उसी देवी को जलाकर मार डालना तीर्थ और मंदिर गंदे रखना तथा हिन्दू द्वारा ही हिन्दुओं के विरोध में खड़ा होना आज के हिन्दु-समाज की समस्याएं हैं। अगर हम इकट्ठा हो गए तो न जिहाद जीत सकता है और न ही मतांतरण की शक्तियां ।

Here the author has really put the nice picture of the problems within our hindu religion.

जिन हिन्दुओं ने भारत में कभी उपासना पद्धति और संप्रदाय के आधार पर कभी किसी से कोई भेदभाव नहीं किया, जिन्होंने ईसाई, मुस्लिम, पारसी, यहूदी आदि सभी बाहर से आने वाले मजहबों को यहां फलने-फूलने दिया और अरब, तुर्क, मुगल, ईसाई, ब्रिटिश और पुर्तगालियों के बर्बर हमलों के बावजूद उनके मजहबी उत्तराधिकारियों से कभी घृणा नहीं की, बल्कि राष्ट्रपति, गृहमंत्री, गृहसचिव, कैबिनेट सचिव, वायु सेना अध्यक्ष, सर्वोच्च न्यायालय के मुख्य न्यायाधीश, विदेश सचिव जैसे पदों पर ही नहीं बल्कि मीडिया, फिल्म और खेल जगत में मजहबी भेद भूलकर मुस्लिम और ईसाइयों को दिल से स्थापित होने के रास्ते खोले, उन्हें सम्मानित किया तथा उनके प्रशंसक और अनुयायी बनने में कोई संकोच नहीं किया, ऐसे हिन्दू से मित्रता और उनकी भावनाओं का सम्मान करने के बजाय उनकी संख्या कम करने के लिए विदेशी मदद लेना क्या दर्शाता है?

कहीं भी किसी भारतीय पर कोई आघात हो तो उसके विरूद्ध राज्य, राजनीति और प्रजा के चिंतकों का सामूहिक उद्वेलन और प्रतिरोध सर्वपंथ समभाव पर आधारित सेकुलरवाद का स्वाभाविक चरित्र होना चाहिए। लेकिन जिस प्रकार आज सेकुलरवाद का व्यवहार किया जा रहा है, वह केवल अहिन्दुओं के प्रति ही संवेदनशील है। इस बारे में असम का उदाहरण ताजा है।

असम के दारंग और होजाई क्षेत्रों में इन दिनों भयंकर हिंसा चल रही है। 60,000 से अधिक लोग सरकारी शिविरों में शरण लेने के लिए बाध्य हो गए हैं। बोडो हिन्दू जनजातियों के 40 गांव जला दिए गए हैं। उदालगुडी के पास एक गांव के प्रमुख (गांव बूढ़ा) उनकी मां और बहन को मुस्लिमों ने जिंदा जला दिया। 40 से अधिक जनजातीय बोडो हिन्दुओं की हत्या की जा चुकी है। लेकिन दिल्ली में इस बारे में शायद ही कोई आवाज उठी। गांव उजड़ गए, परिवार जिंदा जला दिए गए, फिर भी राजनीति और सेकुलर मीडिया में सन्नाटा छाया रहा। क्या इसकी वजह यह है कि जिनके गांव ध्वस्त हुए और जो जिंदा जलाए गए, वे हिन्दू थे? कंधमाल पर हमने केवल एक मजहब की पीड़ा पर वैटिकन से वॉशिंगटन और पैरिस तक शोर सुना। सवाल है कि हिन्दुओं की वेदना पर कौन बोलेगा?

One Question:

Can we as a group from JL, do something in this regard? Offcourse after discussions and forming some hierarchy under seniors? Completly secularist?