PDA

View Full Version : F1 in India??

sumitsehrawat
October 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Source: http://racing.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3580694.cms

ROME: India will host a Formula One race for the first time in 2011, the sport's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Friday.

"We have India and here I can say that the grand prix will be inserted into the calendar in 2011," Ecclestone said when asked about future destinations for the sport.

Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Suresh Kalmadi announced last year that 2010 was the target date but Ecclestone suggested two weeks ago that a delay was on the cards when he said in Singapore that "2011 is what I want". The Briton said there were also "two or three options" in Russia. "The first regards Moscow of course. But it is not yet time to think about a date," he added.

Abu Dhabi will be the only new venue on the 18-race calendar for 2009, after Singapore and Valencia were added this season, with North America left without a grand prix for the first time in 50 years after Canada was axed. "America works in a different way," said Ecclestone. "Certain world events, like Formula One in some countries or the Olympic Games, are financed by the state. "In America they are organised by private entities, who want to make a profit even before the race has been held. It's a bit too much."

Ecclestone said Singapore, Formula One's first night race, would remain the only one run under floodlights next season even if all the Asian races could in theory be held at that time. He saw no reason why any of the European races might be held after dark. The Briton also added a strong voice of support for International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Max Mosley, whose future was called into question after a sex scandal earlier this year.

Mosley has said he will stand down in October next year but Ecclestone said he should not be forced out. "I would re-elect him for another 20 years," he said. "If he wants to stay, it's right that he should."

sarikasehrawat1
November 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hey sumit, i believe you have spoken to me regarding some queries related to motorsports.hope you are the one:confused: