PDA

View Full Version : Definition and Origination of Jokes

raj2rif
October 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Definition and Origination of Jokes

Dear Members,

I happen to read the thread about “Jat Jokes”, and Non-Jat jokes. It is a very interesting discussion to read and I must admit, the passion of some members about Jat Jokes Only, for good Jats only like Jat Jokes. So, if you do like any other kind of jokes then please review yourself “whether you are a good jat or not a good jat. ( I would avoid using the word bad Jat) I have observed in that thread a complete right wing. Good thing is that there are a few people who are of liberal view. Think about the following lines:

मालिक ने हर इंसान को इंसान बनाया
हमने उसे हिंदू या मुसलमान बनाया
कुदरत ने तो बक्षी थी हमें एक ही धरती
हमने कहीं भारत कहीं ईरान बनाया

While we can't change that has happened, we can atleast not divide Jokes of all the things. The only criteria of posting on a public forum should be that the contents should be decent and parliamentry.

What we are doing here is that compartmentalizing the humor also, if we have not divided the society enough as yet.

My fellow members, the life is much more beautiful when we have a liberal view on issues. We don’t like others when they practice the right wing policies and customs or behave in a conservative manner when it does not suit us.

Any way, it looks to me that I have not been able to find out definition of “JOKE” leave aside of “JAT JOKES).

My understanding is that some thing light said spontaneously that makes you laugh or some thing that looks funny or may be silly and makes you laugh could well be qualifying to be called a joke. But what I have been reading on this site is that “Jats” are straight forward, honest, to the point and absolutely righteous people (that being the definition of JAT), then it goes beyond my comprehension as to how could they be silly, funny or say casual in their discussion and day to day functioning. That leads to my another question. If that be so, how could we be joking for then jokes and jats would not go together. So practically there would not be any JAT JOKE.

I don’t think by calling Santa a Runda, and Banta a Khunda a joke becomes a Jat Joke. I guess next time I write a joke and use a character, it might be just a good idea to call the character Santa Singh Tavathia, or Banta Singh Gehlot, Hooda, Chautala or Banta Lal.

I am posting this thread in the General Talk forum. If it does not qualify for this forum then I would request moderators to move it to the forum it belongs to for I am not sure where this thread should go.

The purpose of this thread is not to criticize any individual but to just put my request to fellow members to be more liberal in their thinking, dealings and be a little broader in their views and outlook about the life as such. I can assure you, it helps.

raj2rif
October 14th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Dear Members,

I thought we will have some interesting discussion on this subject. It looks to me the subject matter is either too stale or too complicated to be discussed. It might be a good idea for all of us to share our views on this subject.

Look forward to your participation and views.

mittu
October 14th, 2008, 12:23 PM
what I have been reading on this site is that “Jats” are straight forward, honest, to the point and absolutely righteous people (that being the definition of JAT)

may be some people exaggerated the definition of JATS(probably being biased) but we all know that all castes have good and bad people, so definition of jats should not be a point debate here.
I guess when moderators decided for JAT jokes there concerns were regarding preserving essence of this community which is meeting ground for JATs, and i guess this is the biggest site on internet with most meaning full information on our caste and most hilarious jokes in our language and its taste.
i think Liberal view means understanding other castes and absorbing their good habits and accepting reasonable social changes needed in our society, being liberal doesn't mean that we need to make this website as liberal as google.com.

dkumars
October 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Tewatia ji saara toh nahi padha ... free hounga tab padhunga par ye blue mein hindi ki lines ne dhaan aakarshit kar liya. Baat bahut sahi likhi hai agar samjhi jaaye toh. Par ye cheezein jaroori bhi thi nahi toh society kaise banti? Kuch apne views se prakash daaliye ispar.

jitendershooda
October 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Dear Members,

I thought we will have some interesting discussion on this subject. It looks to me the subject matter is either too stale or too complicated to be discussed. It might be a good idea for all of us to share our views on this subject.

Look forward to your participation and views.

Tewatia ji,

Sorry to say but this thread doesnt received comments as members got tired of the similar kind of threads again and again. The next day your thread was locked Brahm ji have started one thread and also on your other humour forum thread I have posted my comments.

Please go through the below thread, hope you have not gone through this
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?p=184014

Members, can we do something to reduce redundant discussions here on JL as this leads to less healthy discussions as members can put their views on one out of them at a time.

I feel in this regard, there are two options

1) Either members should put some more time before they start any thread and check if something similar discussion going on here or have taken place in past. It will take some minutes only and will save lots of energies, space and internet traffic. Moreover if we will re-open the same threads then we will be able to get more diverse replies made in past and many members will have their issues resolved without even posting.

Brahm mentioned this in one of his posts in some other thread and he is happy that now he is using the search facility before posting. Which is a wise thought.

2) Mods will have to spare some more time from their lives to check the threads and club them together now and then. Which seems to over-burden them and deviate them from thinking something positive/creative for this site.

anilsinghd
October 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM

Sir , May I humbly warn you that writing such kind of lines on Jatland can make people categorise you as Nakli Jat and may also let some people to say you are not a Chaudhary , because Chaudharies always get people to work under and divide , not join!

Also please do not dare to try and get anything here which is non-jat , getting non jat jokes would be a cardinal sin. :)

Please note that sarcasm is appropriate in the light of the kind of posts / comments that you see in almost any thread which asks for discussion.

=======

To be honest Sir , people here are too much obsessed about them just being Jats and dont want to look beyond , am sorry but your efforts in this regard would be wasted i believe! :)

vijay
October 14th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Not only that latest thread but there were many threads about 'Jat Jokes' in past and some with polls too. It is evident that more people voted in favor of 'Jat Jokes only' but then there is no definition or criteria on which we can declare a joke as a Jat Joke. Even the poeple who voted exclusively for Jat Jokes Only didn't provided any substantial information regarding the subject, matter, circumstances, language etc of a pure Jat Joke.

The main idea behind all this was to restrict this site from copy paste and forward mail stuff. It was supposed that if jatland humor forum can be restricted to Jat Jokes only then maybe people will start posting some original jokes instead of copy paste stuff. Since the term 'Jat Jokes' is not exclusive and self-explaintory, people started to mould it according to their wishes and advantages. Ultimately this term is being misused by replacing original names by 'desi' names and are being posted as Jat Jokes.

I think members are overly critical about the job done by moderators on this issue. Moderators don’t have any proper definitions or guidelines about basic qualifications for a Jat Joke. A joke which a Jat Joke according to a member might be a non jat joke for some other member. So, they just act according to their personal point of views and that vary from person to person.

It's strange that if they lock a thread some member starts shouting that why X thread is banned while in few other cases members starts complaining about Y thread for not being locked.

Only remedy for this is that at first step we should define a Jat Joke ( if they exist ) and then draw some guidelines for the moderators to work upon.

I came across so many funny definition about Jat Jokes and like to share with you along with my personal views :

- Jat Jokes are those which makes a jat laugh.
So, does it suggest that a person who can laugh only on Jat Jokes is a Jat and rest are not. Or A Jat should laugh on Jat Jokes only but shouldn’t laugh on non Jat Jokes. Only Jats have exclusive right to laugh on Jat Jokes but not others.

- Jat jokes are those which are in Jaatu/Desi language.
First of all i wonder that what is Jaatu language and who speaks it. I don't think that there is any single language on this planet which is spoken by Jats only. If Jaatu means local dialects like Haryanvi, Rajasthani etc then i am sure that jats don't have any patient on this as in rural areas everybody speaks that. So, what is Jaatu language ?
Suppose Two Jats are in US and having fun or making some funny comments on their friends in English. Can we post that as a Jat Joke or not.

- JAT jokes are the jokes "for JATs", "about JATs", "told by JATs", "told to JATs".
I wish that anyone could explain it in detail. I can't imagine that jokes are also fabricated for any specific community and that community have exclusive rights on those jokes. Is this category also language specific ?

- Jat jokes are those which have Jat characters in them.
That's great definition and people are flourishing this art on this forum by replacing Santa as Sundu, Banta as Fatte etc.

There might be some other nice definitions as well.

It seems totally silly to me if someone comes up with an argument that "There should be only Jat Jokes at Jatland as we are Jats" in brightest, boldest and biggest version of fonts available.

Jat Jokes are not imposed on us by the Admins/Moderators but are due to the some voting in past. Moderators can not be blamed on this issue. So, instead of testing moderators again and again let us discuss what are Jat Jokes.

sanjeev_balyan
October 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Tewatia Sir, my views on the topic r like this, humor sec is just to refresh the visitors. being specific site for jats , i dont think other than jats will go there. moreover there r a lot of sites where any one can find a lot of jokes, jats jokes are specific to jats and i believe every jat can can make out the difference, jats jokes can not be compared with other jokes. further santa banta jokes cant be made jats joke by replacing snanta / banta as rundha/ khunda. whenever such type of try is there at humor sec , it is caught than and there. so by flooding the sec with non jats jokes makes no point. jats can not be refreshed with non jats jokes. sachi mitee ki khusboo hi apnapan latee hai.