PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee : A Pragmatic Philosopher, Few quotes to ponder upon !

cooljat
October 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

Bruce Lee, the name itself is a legend and whenever you listen to this name, A picture of greatest Martial Artist of all time would strike in your mind, Right?! ..

Well, I doubt if anyone of you know that apart from being a Master of Martial Arts he was also a highly pragmatic philosopher who given some fine teachings. As you may know that he also developed a new style in martial arts n that is - 'Jeet Kune Do' ... he also wrote several books and 'Tao of Jeet Kune Do' is most comprehensive one that describes his Pragmatic Philosophy!

I'm big fan of him and his philosophy and he is certainly an Idol for me. So just felt like sharing some extract of his wonderful pragmatic philosophy thro' quotes from his Book!! Read & inspire yourself ! :)

Few Inspiring Quotes of Bruce Lee:

*Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable

*Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

*Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

*I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

*If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

*Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own

*A teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself. A good teacher is merely a catalyst.

*The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

*A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.

*If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of your life. It'll spread over into your work, into your mortality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.

*Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

*Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.

*Jeet Kune Do - It is having no limitation as limitation!

*Jeet Kune Do uses no way as way The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

*The aim of art is to project an inner vision into the world, to state in aesthetic creation the deepest psychic and personal experiences of a human being. It is to enable those experiences to be intelligible and generally recognized within the total framework of an ideal world.

*If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.

*Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.

*Knowledge will give you power, but character, respect.

*If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.

*If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you.

*Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself; do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.

*If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible.

*A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at

*Simplicity is the key to brilliance.

*Real living is living for others.

*If you want to do your duty properly, you should do just a little more than that.

*Jeet Kune Do uses no way as way. The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

Rock on
Jit

dndeswal
October 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Amazing discovery.

Beware - ENTER THE DRAGON ! :)

Rock on.

choudharyneelam
October 14th, 2008, 07:10 PM
All very inspirational

Good sharing :)

sumeetmalik