PDA

View Full Version : Meat: Healthy or Unhealthy ?

arvind1069
October 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM
is eating meat good or bad for health?
can v discuss?

choudharyneelam
October 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Though i never added non-veg in my meals....but as read in the newspaper and some books that our desi food, totally vegetarian kind includes the best of the nutrients far better than this non-veg.

rest, i never read anywhere that meat is unhealthy to eat.....many doctors suggest such things to include it in the meals when anybody wants to get the recovery of fracture or some other diseases which require such things.....but what i've seen, even after such recommendations people tend to stay with their vegetarian diets and get the good results

shweta123
October 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
If the animal whose meat you are looking forward to relish has fever, allergy, blood disorders (even if you keep aside the serious flues) then what you are eating can you visualize? :confused:

There can be numerous stances over the issue, but the fact is that just like we human being, the animals have many a kind of diseases, allergies, disorders etc & one can never be sure that the meat you are eating is of a perfectly healthy animal :rolleyes::eek: ...... (inspite of the quality standards being adhered to:o)

Just have a look, every human being is having some or the other disease at any given point of time (coz generally minor diseases go undetected), then what about the animals? ...... and with that meat you are eating up many a things which you can never eat knowingly ...... but there is no solution here ...... jaise gehu ke saath ghun bhi pista hai .... har jaanwar ke saath uski beemaari, uske body me accumulated uska waste, uska fat, uska defective shareer sab kuch aap kha jaate ho .... maje le ke kar ..... :cool::D

brahmtewatia
October 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM
har jaanwar ke saath uski beemaari, uske body me accumulated uska waste, uska fat, uska defective shareer sab kuch aap kha jaate ho .... maje le ke kar ..... :cool::D
this is not fair, u r trying to discourage non-veggies by using such pestiferous words. :p:D

cc : mr. vivek pannu :D

choudharyneelam
October 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
i totally agree with Shweta...she said it very rightly....and the ending words are the most appropriate :D

now again to put the good health in the focus, i feel.....health is not just in the physical fitness but its also in thoughts.....what you eat also develops a kind of thought inside.....the more you eat simple and clean, the best of the thoughts you collect and accommodate, and vice-versa.

coolphool
October 13th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Meat is very unhealthy. This is coming from a recovering voracious meat-eater.

It wasnt difficult for me to cut my meat consumption after I had to clean up the refrigerator one day. I had left some meat to thaw in there and all the blood and other fluids messed up the whole refrigerator. As I cleaned the yucky gooey stuff, I realized I would have consumed it had it not leaked out of the packaging.

Trust me, if you cannot eat something raw without getting sick, it is not good for you. Now dont stretch what I am saying.

gaganjat
October 13th, 2008, 10:03 PM
1. eat fresh meat

2. must be processed in hyginic conditions and kept in the right conditions

3. from healthy animals (this is really imp as said by others)

4. eat according to your daily activities and dont overeat (overeating is bad anyways)

5. only eat if u love eating it

...and meat is great ! its very very healthy , nothing is better than somekind of meat.

vegitarian food is boring, tasteless and doesnt give much feel.

mkm_jat
October 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM
...... jaise gehu ke saath ghun bhi pista hai .... har jaanwar ke saath uski beemaari, uske body me accumulated uska waste, uska fat, uska defective shareer sab kuch aap kha jaate ho .... maje le ke kar ..... :cool::D

this is not fair, u r trying to discourage non-veggies by using such pestiferous words. :p:D

cc : mr. vivek pannu :D

I would like to share video in favor of Shweta Ji's line which are quoted here.
Non-veggies, I am sorry if feel discouraged after seeing this video. This video is entitled as "MEET YOUR MEAT" and explains how the meat is processed which you get to eat in daily life.
Please have a look http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4
I am sorry again but I could not stop myself to post it here.
Regards,
Manoj

rajivsp
October 14th, 2008, 01:56 AM
also read following comment posted below the video

"This video was created by poor, mediocre people who know that their are so pathetic that they are trying to convert the masses into believing that what their saying is the truth or a shed of light into a so called inner salvation."

Samarkadian
October 14th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I wonder no one has yet endorsed eating meat of Lion or Eagle...:eek::rock

Meat khao to kam se Sher ya baj ka ka nahi to kya rakha hai Murga, Bakra khane mein..
Eating lion will give satisfaction of eating Jungle Ka raja.Top of food chain...:D

Hai kisi mein Dum ???:cool:

Biologists says we dnt have enzymes(naturally) in gut to digest meat.Rest all depends on raising up..Ethically, meat eating should be in conditions of survival....Aise to Amrit se bhi pet nahi bharega...:D

rajivsp
October 14th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Sahi kaha aapne meat khao to sher ka, kya rakha hai murge mein.
Aur
Doodh piyo to Sherni ka, kya rakha hai Bhains mein.

rajivsp
October 14th, 2008, 04:16 AM
If the animal whose meat you are looking forward to relish has fever, allergy, blood disorders (even if you keep aside the serious flues) then what you are eating can you visualize? :confused:

Same is applicable for all dairy products. But still there is shortage of milk in Delhi.

Nishantrathi82
October 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Arre bhaiyo India me meat kya Vegetables bhi healthy nahe hai sab unhealthy hain sabjiya and fruits sab injections se paakaye jaa rahee hai India me, so kya meat kya vegetables :D

choudharyneelam
October 14th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Sahi kaha aapne meat khao to sher ka, kya rakha hai murge mein.
Aur
Doodh piyo to Sherni ka, kya rakha hai Bhains mein.

ji agar sherni meat na khaaye....shudhh chara aur baaki acchi chhezein consume karti ho to mujhe batana....i'm daring enough to consume that healthy milk and would be always ready to get it at higher cost as compared to milk of buffalo :rolleyes:

rest, i totally agree with Nishant.....jitni bimari hum meat mein sochte hain usse jyada zeher aajkal ki sabjiyon aur fruits mein paya jaa raha hai....but still we are consuming the same

kannumix
October 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Arre bhaiyo India me meat kya Vegetables bhi healthy nahe hai sab unhealthy hain sabjiya and fruits sab injections se paakaye jaa rahee hai India me, so kya meat kya vegetables :D

Bilkul thik kaha rathi:)

shweta123
October 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Its true that the vegetables & fruits are not fully 'natural'. They are grown & riped using chemicals. But on the other hand we also know what a chicken, goat, pig etc eat. They eat all sorts of rubbish & wastes lying here & there.

So, its a matter of choice & personal perception as to which is bearable .....

And regarding eating fresh & hygienic meat, however fresh or hygienic it is you are eating the saliva, flesh, arteries, lungs, lever, stomach (which also contains undigested "things" eaten by that animal ....and those "things" were somewhere lying on a dirty side of a dirty street ....probably from MCD dustbins, or the dump yard of some local hospital, or near some sewage system and such things can quite possibly contain dangerous chemicals ...... And this no one can control or certify .... ), body hair, skin etc of that animal ....

Now where do you see these animals having there food from...... ??? From some quality food stores or from nearby some gutters & all? And you are eating something like that indirectly when you consume these animals ...... IMAGINE ....... :eek::o:confused:

How can anyone in the world provide you with meat of an animal who was grown up only on a hygienic diet all its life !!!!!

Fresh meat just means that it was cleaned up to ensure removal of any "visible" dirt etc. I am sorry to say but usually the dirt is all mixed in the whole body, in each & every part of his body .....

I am aint a staunch vegetarian supporter, I am just talking on evident logics !

dkumars
October 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
jitt dekho udde e udhmass taar de binna batta ka ... jisne khana hai uste kitna e keh lo woh khave ga arr naa khaaniya ne kitna e bata do konni khaave.

Smokers ko nahi bera hota ke injurious hai health tahi par fer bhi unn ne sulgaani bidi/cigarrete. Same yade ... chahe bimar jaanwar ka ho ya swasth ka khaan aale te khaavenge hi.

China arr japan even most of the eatern countries ... fry bhi naa karte keedde makoda ne ... suddha e ningal ja hai ... kitt unke pet kharab ho hai .. sab hazam kar ja hai ... bimar bimur te kemme na homta ... jisne khana hai khao naa khaniya painsher(5 kilo) nikhadu doodh piyo arr mast raho.

choudharyneelam
October 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM
sometimes it depends on the type of climate of the region which requires consumption of meat....like if people residing in nagaland don't eat the yak milk and meat, then there are very less chances of the survival, as told by some of my sister's naga frens

arvind1069
October 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM
everybody is talking about cleanliness and hygiene of meat...but
what about its ethical concerns?
what about the pain that is inflicted to the animal?
and what about killing?
if v love animals how can v killl them? do we kill our pet dog or cat?

and plz dont give that age old logic (actually not a logic) given by non veges that "sabjiyon main bhi to life hoti hai"

"ik hiran maareya taan machaya bada hi shor
murge roz hi vadd hunde, ki unha da kasoor" - babbu mann song

arvind1069
October 14th, 2008, 02:11 PM
sometimes it depends on the type of climate of the region which requires consumption of meat....like if people residing in nagaland don't eat the yak milk and meat, then there are very less chances of the survival, as told by some of my sister's naga frens

they eat yak..ok... but yak kya khata hai? vo to ghaas hi khata hoga. that means vahan anaaj bhi paida ho sakta hai.

arvind1069
October 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
[quote=shwetadhaka;184064]Its true that the vegetables & fruits are not fully 'natural'. They are grown & riped using chemicals. But on the other hand we also know what a chicken, goat, pig etc eat. They eat all sorts of rubbish & wastes lying here & there.

So, its a matter of choice & personal perception as to which is bearable .....

And regarding eating fresh & hygienic meat, however fresh or hygienic it is you are eating the saliva, flesh, arteries, lungs, lever, stomach (which also contains undigested "things" eaten by that animal ....and those "things" were somewhere lying on a dirty side of a dirty street ....probably from MCD dustbins, or the dump yard of some local hospital, or near some sewage system and such things can quite possibly contain dangerous chemicals ...... And this no one can control or certify .... ), body hair, skin etc of that animal ....

Now where do you see these animals having there food from...... ??? From some quality food stores or from nearby some gutters & all? And you are eating something like that indirectly when you consume these animals ...... IMAGINE ....... :eek::o:confused:

How can anyone in the world provide you with meat of an animal who was grown up only on a hygienic diet all its life !!!!!

Fresh meat just means that it was cleaned up to ensure removal of any "visible" dirt etc. I am sorry to say but usually the dirt is all mixed in the whole body, in each & every part of his body .....

I am aint a staunch vegetarian supporter, I am just talking on evident logics !

its not only about hygiene. yahan australia main meat saaf aur healthy animals ka milta hai. agar aapko meat bilkul clean mil jaaye to kyaa aap kha logi?

arvind1069
October 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I would like to share video in favor of Shweta Ji's line which are quoted here.
Non-veggies, I am sorry if feel discouraged after seeing this video. This video is entitled as "MEET YOUR MEAT" and explains how the meat is processed which you get to eat in daily life.
Please have a look http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4
I am sorry again but I could not stop myself to post it here.
Regards,
Manoj

yes i ve seen that... any person who has little bit of conscience will leave eating meat after watching it

dkumars
October 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
they eat yak..ok... but yak kya khata hai? vo to ghaas hi khata hoga. that means vahan anaaj bhi paida ho sakta hai.

This is what i say ppl try to enforce their views on others. Be practical man. Theory looks good in books. Go and expericence the region first.

dkumars
October 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
yes i ve seen that... any person who has little bit of conscience will leave eating meat after watching it

Have u seen how bread is prepared ? Watch it and then dare to eat u will come to know what r u asking for ;)

Nishantrathi82
October 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM
and what about killing?

and plz dont give that age old logic (actually not a logic) given by non veges that "sabjiyon main bhi to life hoti hai"

Arvind bhai g ethics hardly matters for those who drink, smoke, nonveggies.
Even people always give their own logics in support of all these kinds of habbits like those who drinks they says Shiv g bhi to bhaang peete thee, those who smokes they usually says 1 diin to sabko maarna hai to khuub khao khuub peoo. But vegetables and fruits are far better than non veg.

dkumars
October 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
But vegetables and fruits are far better than non veg.

Bhai Nishant just to correct u there is nothing like good or bad. That all our thoughts. Ur perception ki veg is gud but same time u cant deny that non veg is bad. Aap logo ko jo achha lagta hai khaao par doosro ko achha burra kehna bevakoofi hai.

Aisa nahi hai ki aap(here generalized) hi jaante ho ki non veg mein bimaari , slaughter house glass ke ho toh, unhygenic hai ... ye sabko pata hota hai ... par sabka alag alag taste hota hai... koi bhagwaan ke ek samaan banaye praani samjh ke nahi khata toh kissi ko achha nahi lagta ya fir kissi ke ghar mein bura manna jata hai ... par aisa koi prakarti ka rule nahi hai ki nahi khana chahiye... Prakarti ne hi insaan ko maas khaane waala banaya hai nahi toh gaay bhains type bhi ho sakte the ki sungh ke chodd de ... sher ghass nahi khaayega, gaaye maas nahi khaayegi yaa kuch prajaati ke bandarr dono khaa lenge ... prakarti ne aisa banaya hai toh uske niyam ko chalne do ... no saare kabhi maasahari honge naa saare kabhi shakahaari ... balance bana hua hai bass sab thiek hai.

P.S. Mein shudh shakahaari hoon, not even andda:)

Nishantrathi82
October 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Bhai Nishant just to correct u there is nothing like good or bad. That all our thoughts. Ur perception ki veg is gud but same time u cant deny that non veg is bad. Aap logo ko jo achha lagta hai khaao par doosro ko achha burra kehna bevakoofi hai.

Aisa nahi hai ki aap(here generalized) hi jaante ho ki non veg mein bimaari , slaughter house glass ke ho toh, unhygenic hai ... ye sabko pata hota hai ... par sabka alag alag taste hota hai... koi bhagwaan ke ek samaan banaye praani samjh ke nahi khata toh kissi ko achha nahi lagta ya fir kissi ke ghar mein bura manna jata hai ... par aisa koi prakarti ka rule nahi hai ki nahi khana chahiye... Prakarti ne hi insaan ko maas khaane waala banaya hai nahi toh gaay bhains type bhi ho sakte the ki sungh ke chodd de ... sher ghass nahi khaayega, gaaye maas nahi khaayegi yaa kuch prajaati ke bandarr dono khaa lenge ... prakarti ne aisa banaya hai toh uske niyam ko chalne do ... no saare kabhi maasahari honge naa saare kabhi shakahaari ... balance bana hua hai bass sab thiek hai.

P.S. Mein shudh shakahaari hoon, not even andda:)

Bhai DK my intension was not like that but yes its looking like that so i m correcting me that i m not saying that non-veggies are bad.
Its ur likes or dislikes what u eat.

choudharyneelam
October 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM

mujhe nahin maalum ki wahan anaaj ugta hai ya nahin, lekin they eat meat as well as cereals.....cosuming meat is a necessity there just b'coz of the climatic condition though the naga frens told us that they don't like that yak's meat, but unhe adat dalwai jaati hai only if they want to survive

and ofcourse, animals also have life but u asked about the healthy/unhealthiness of meat.....ok, that's why people added such view-points......better give a suitable title for the same, otherwise you only will question and answer yourself :p

sanjeev_balyan
October 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I read somewhere that humen are nonveg by nature. pure veggie chew the food side by side such as cow, deer etc. however non veggie chew up side down as lion and other from cat family. if we apply this logic than humen are near to non veg type animals.

arvind1069
October 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM
mujhe nahin maalum ki wahan anaaj ugta hai ya nahin, lekin they eat meat as well as cereals.....cosuming meat is a necessity there just b'coz of the climatic condition though the naga frens told us that they don't like that yak's meat, but unhe adat dalwai jaati hai only if they want to survive

and ofcourse, animals also have life but u asked about the healthy/unhealthiness of meat.....ok, that's why people added such view-points......better give a suitable title for the same, otherwise you only will question and answer yourself :p

thank for the advise...

biotechs2001
October 16th, 2008, 11:15 PM
The sporadic colon cancer is second most common deadly cancer in the west. I am talking about sporadic not the inherited cancers. It is just an example. How often do you guys hear that somebody suffering from this cancer in your area? How many known cancers/life threatening diseases are caused by vegetarianism? The JATLADERS come up every now and then, and try to justify that non-veg is good for health. Well you can eat whatever you want, no one is going to stop you but why are you so desperate to justify the benefits of non-vegetarianism? It is an enigma to me!

piyush83
October 16th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I wuld say a healthy diet is fruits and vegetables, and white meat not red meat. Chicken and fish is good meat, chicken should be eaten without skin as it is rich in cholesterol, which is especially not good for older people, i.e above 40 yrs.
Fish is an excellent source of omega acids which are good for neurons in the human body.
Red meat is just bad.
Meri family me sub vegeterian hai (meri 3 bhen ur mummy) magar main aur papa kabhi kabhi chicken ya fish kha lete hain. I think vegeterians are healthy but i think people who eat mostly fruit and veges and occasionally eat chicken or fish are healthier.

rajkharb
October 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
bhai meat khana ek na khana to aapni aapni pasand na pasand hai ..harek aadmi ne ek nutritional er balanced diet ke liye protiens ki jarurat hai er usme kuch part animal proteins ki bhi hai,agar vo apni jarurat un proteins se jo ke fruit or veg. ya dhodh dahi se puri karta hai to bhi badiya hai er je vo animal proteins jo ke animal muscle food se milte hain unse puri karta hai to bhi thik hai..
bas jo bho khao vo jaroor healthy hona chahiye er jitna required hai utna khana chahiye...na to ek aadhe protein ki deficiency bhi create ho jyagi......
..........rahi baat meat healthy hai ke unhealthy hai bhai jitna ek mane gyan sai ya hoya sai is sector main kaam karti haan main thari gelyan batan lagrya su ...
veg. ya non -veg..kisi bhi tarah ke food ka agar source hi galat hai to vo unhealthy hoga hi hoga..bimar bhain ka doodh..kida lagya hod fruit er local slaughtered meat 100 % unhealthy hai..........
non veg food ki gelyan ek dikat or bhi hai ek yo most perishable food hai..kharab hon ka khatra ghana hai er je khud hi kharab hoga to apne khane vale ne bhi kharabn karega...

meat = 2 dhal ka sai...red meat er white meat
Red meat include pork, beef,mutton. we get from large animals
white meat include chicken,turkey,quail ,duck,fish. etc.
koi ghani badi maya koni donua bichale bas blood er ek protein se myoglobin ..ye animal muscle main jyada hota hai er poultry main thoda kum isliye red er white meat kaha jata hai ...processing ke doran bhi chicken mai se jyada blood drain out hojata hai as compair to large animal..
eb is baat ka healthy er un healthy te ke mutlab sai..vo nyu sai ek blood is ideal source of microbial growth ..animal processing main more blood is retained with in the muscle... er iske comlex processing procedure ki vajah se different steps per microbial contamination ya growth hone ke chances jyada hain..er upar te mhara cold chain system jo ke animal food ko healthy rakhne ke liye jaroori hai ..vo bhi maintain nahi ho pata..
..jo baat piyush ne kahi hai "red meat is just bad" vo thik hai....

meat food = after slaughter of animal/poultry certain chain of reactions takes place in animal muscles to convert it into food.
ab agar hum galat tarike se processed ya nonprocessed(from local sources) meat ko food banake khavenge to bhai 100 % unhealthy hoga ...
vohe farak sai jo pyau er kooiyan ka pani pin main er bislery peen mai hai....

vicky84
October 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM
I wonder no one has yet endorsed eating meat of Lion or Eagle...:eek::rock

Meat khao to kam se Sher ya baj ka ka nahi to kya rakha hai Murga, Bakra khane mein..
Eating lion will give satisfaction of eating Jungle Ka raja.Top of food chain...:D

Biologists says we dnt have enzymes(naturally) in gut to digest meat.Rest all depends on raising up..Ethically, meat eating should be in conditions of survival....Aise to Amrit se bhi pet nahi bharega...:D

" Biologists says we dnt have enzymes(naturally) in gut to digest meat".Bhai nyu to ya saari duniya shuru main hi maar leti jo meat khaan laag re sain..

rajkharb
October 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I read somewhere that humen are nonveg by nature. pure veggie chew the food side by side such as cow, deer etc. however non veggie chew up side down as lion and other from cat family. if we apply this logic than humen are near to non veg type animals.

A study of human anatomy and physiology also reveals that the human being is basically a vegetarian animal.

1. Like Vegetarian Animal our large and small intestines measure four times the length of our body whereas in case of Carnivores it is almost the same size of the animal.
2. We do not have fangs as the Carnivores have to bite the flesh.
3. Human Saliva is Alkaline containing Ptyalin to digest carbohydrates whereas in Carnivores it is Acidic.
4. For Carnivores to digest highly proteinous flesh diet gastric secretion is highly acidic, whereas the human secretion is of low acidity.
5. Human do not have claws - like Carnivores to tear flesh.
6. Humans perspire through body pores whereas flesh eating animals through their tongue.
7. Meat eating animals see in darkness while Vegetarian Animals and men fine it extremely difficult to see in darkness.
8. The vegetarian Animals and men sip water and liquids whereas Carnivores lick liquids

rajkharb
October 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
and what about killing?

chahal sahab abki baar puchkula aao to batana ek bar hamara poultry processing plant jaroor visit karvana chahunga...er iski walls bhi sishe ki sain..shayad aapki vechar thode se badal jayen.....mera mob.no.hai 9216525378,mohali rehta hun or chandigarh se ropar (roop nagar) jate waqt bich main ek chota sa kasba hai kurali naam ka ..vahin par "ALCHEMIST" naam ki chd. based company ka poultry processing unit hai...jyada door bhi nahi hai..ek baar jaroor aana....ethical concern ..pain er killing ka bhi concept clear hovega........
er konya kahta ek "sabjiyon main bhi life hoti hai";)

rathi2727
October 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
meat is not good for human being because hamaari jo aante hain wo shakaahaaari jaaanwaro se milti hain jaise cow elephent.jise humne banaya nahi use maarne ka koi adhikaar bhi nahi.

rajivsp
October 19th, 2008, 12:36 AM
A study of human anatomy and physiology also reveals that the human being is basically a vegetarian animal.

1. Like Vegetarian Animal our large and small intestines measure four times the length of our body whereas in case of Carnivores it is almost the same size of the animal.
3. Human Saliva is Alkaline containing Ptyalin to digest carbohydrates whereas in Carnivores it is Acidic.
4. For Carnivores to digest highly proteinous flesh diet gastric secretion is highly acidic, whereas the human secretion is of low acidity.
6. Humans perspire through body pores whereas flesh eating animals through their tongue.
7. Meat eating animals see in darkness while Vegetarian Animals and men fine it extremely difficult to see in darkness.
8. The vegetarian Animals and men sip water and liquids whereas Carnivores lick liquids

Great research!!!! Our forefathers were so stupid they could not observe these things and result more than half ( if consider milk as nonveg, animal fat is there, then 90%) of the world population become nonveg. I wonder how they are digesting their food without any enzyme to digest animal fat. And why these creatures very close to cow are not having mad man disease similar to mad cow disease??????????
Lets wait for another 20 years............for another research to discard current.......

arvind1069
October 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM

thats right. add one more point to this...
9) the young ones of carnivores dont open their eyes for long after birth. but the young babies of herbivores open thier eyes immedietly after birth.
10) the shape of our teeth are similar to herbivores, not carnivores.
11) if u put some fruits and meat in front of a human baby. his natural tendency will b to eat fruits, not meat.

inspite of knowing all that, why r u supporting meat eating? kya aapke slaughter house main bahar ki public andar dekh sakti hai un glass walls se ki andar kaise processing ho rahi hai? mujhe to nahi lagta ki aisa koi arrangement hoga.

sachinb
October 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Unhealthy:rock

mhundpuriamann
November 26th, 2008, 01:14 PM
:rockhey ! why u ppl are so much confused ,

i request all vegitarians to try a gud chicken dish anywhere outside ( as they can't prepare at home ) then ask yourself ! we get life only once and we keep ourselves busy in such silly things , what is good to eat and what is not !

osho used to say if u r confused for a thing to do or not then just do it , it will enrich ur experience . atleast u would come to know that you should not have done this ! isn't this amazing theory !

hey ! jat guys ( who are veg ) just look at urself and look at ur fore fathers , they were just giants in front of us ( physique wise ) what has happened to us , do you know ?

foods are changed , they (old jats ) used to drink lot of lot of butter milk , semi liquid bajra dishes ( i don't know the names ) , dalia, khidree and all things were without impurities . what we are on today only "roties" and rice .
see the jats in iran , pakistan and and indian punjab they are all non veg and see rajasthanee jats they are veg all of them have good health because rjasthaanee are still with there conventional food habits.( bikaner side ) and see the jats of haryana ! they are veg but eat non veg sometimes to "enjoy" . and please forgive me for this "they are nowhere"

i just wanna say that please encourage non veg . for the sake of you yourself. encourage ur knowns to keep chiknes in houses and in fields .

see , once somebody asked VIVEKANAND that whether he should spend his time on reading gita or playing football , do you know what he said ? first go in football field , after getting strong you should read gita . swami vivekanand by himself used to encourage the indians to eat meat self .

just use ur simple common sense .

Nishantrathi82
November 26th, 2008, 01:42 PM

i request all vegitarians to try a gud chicken dish anywhere outside ( as they can't prepare at home ) then ask yourself ! we get life only once and we keep ourselves busy in such silly things , what is good to eat and what is not !

osho used to say if u r confused for a thing to do or not then just do it , it will enrich ur experience . atleast u would come to know that you should not have done this ! isn't this amazing theory !

hey ! jat guys ( who are veg ) just look at urself and look at ur fore fathers , they were just giants in front of us ( physique wise ) what has happened to us , do you know ?

foods are changed , they (old jats ) used to drink lot of lot of butter milk , semi liquid bajra dishes ( i don't know the names ) , dalia, khidree and all things were without impurities . what we are on today only "roties" and rice .
see the jats in iran , pakistan and and indian punjab they are all non veg and see rajasthanee jats they are veg all of them have good health because rjasthaanee are still with there conventional food habits.( bikaner side ) and see the jats of haryana ! they are veg but eat non veg sometimes to "enjoy" . and please forgive me for this "they are nowhere"

i just wanna say that please encourage non veg . for the sake of you yourself. encourage ur knowns to keep chiknes in houses and in fields .

see , once somebody asked VIVEKANAND that whether he should spend his time on reading gita or playing football , do you know what he said ? first go in football field , after getting strong you should read gita . swami vivekanand by himself used to encourage the indians to eat meat self .

Things prepared by killing someone can never be good.

mhundpuriamann
November 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Things prepared by killing someone can never be good.

give some logic behind it brother !
ok let's assume of your younger brother or your son (imaginary :-) ) what you would like , he should be stronger and more confident in life or simply a regular skinny guy which is veg. and just a "good" guy ? don't put your mind ! just ask yourself .

Nishantrathi82
November 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
ok let's assume of your younger brother or your son (imaginary :-) ) what you would like , he should be stronger and more confident in life or simply a regular skinny guy which is veg. and just a "good" guy ? don't put your mind ! just ask yourself .

Hoho so want to say that people who are veggie r dull and nonveg are more stronger and confident its a news for me dear.
Here are some facts which advocates for breing a vegetarian-

1-You'll live a lot longer. Vegetarians live about seven years longer, and vegans (who eat no animal products) about 15 years longer than meat eaters, according to a study from Loma Linda University. These findings are backed up by the China Health Project (the largest population study on diet and health to date), which found that Chinese people who eat the least amount of fat and animal products have the lowest risks of cancer, heart attack and other chronic degenerative diseases. And a British study that tracked 6,000 vegetarians and 5,000 meat eaters for 12 years found that vegetarians were 40 percent less likely to die from cancer during that time and 20 percent less likely to die from other diseases.

2 You'll save your heart. Cardiovascular disease is still the number one killer in the United States, and the standard American diet (SAD) that's laden with saturated fat and cholesterol from meat and dairy is largely to blame. Children as young as age 3 who are raised on fast food and junk food show early signs of heart disease, according to the Bogalusa Heart Study done at the Louisiana State University. Cardiovascular disease is found in one in nine women aged 45 to 64 and in one in three women over 65. Heart attacks are also deadlier to the fairer sex: 53 percent of women who have heart attacks die from them, compared with 47 percent of men. Today, the average American male eating a meat-based diet has a 50 percent chance of dying from heart disease. His risk drops to 15 percent if he cuts out meat; it goes to 4 percent if he cuts out meat, dairy and eggs. Partly responsible is the fact that fruits and vegetables are full of antioxidant nutrients that protect the heart and its arteries. Plus, produce contains no saturated fat or cholesterol. Incidentally, cholesterol levels for vegetarians are 14 percent lower than meat eaters.
3-Your bones will last longer. The average bone loss for a vegetarian woman at age 65 is 18 percent; for non-vegetarian women, it's double that. Researchers attribute this to the consumption of excess protein--the average meat-eating American woman eats 144 percent over the recommended daily allowance; the average man eats 175 percent more.
4-You may get rid of your back problems. "Back pain appears to begin, not in the back, but in the arteries," says Neil Barnard, M.D., president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and author of Foods That Fight Pain (Harmony Books, 1998). "The degeneration of disks, for instance, which leads to nerves being pinched, starts with the arteries leading to the back." Eating a plant-based diet keeps these arteries clear of cholesterol-causing blockages to help maintain a healthy back

If you need more i can give you lot of links so wake up dude :p

dkumars
November 26th, 2008, 02:43 PM

So, u feel u r not confused?
Well, I don say anything but It reminds me something ki 'Fools consider rest of the world fool except himself'
Common Sense ... hahaha

Respected Osho's follower ji,

Who said veggies are skinny ??? Would like to try ur hands with Sushil Kumar, the Olympic bronze medalist and many other vegg wrestlers or even wud like to compete a few village guys who are veggies? Or do u thing u r stronger than ur ancestors???

Same suggestion to u too. Dont put ur mind and preach. U like non veg then go and have one more plate of butter chicken. Discussion is abt 'whether meat is gud or not'. Its not abt veggies lack something or not.

And Osho ... hahahaha .. he was a freak.
Chill dude have chicken, muttin, pork, beaf, venison or even repltiles... all ur wish but please dont preach others to eat all that.

mhundpuriamann
November 27th, 2008, 09:38 AM
So, u feel u r not confused?
Well, I don say anything but It reminds me something ki 'Fools consider rest of the world fool except himself'
Common Sense ... hahaha

Respected Osho's follower ji,

Who said veggies are skinny ??? Would like to try ur hands with Sushil Kumar, the Olympic bronze medalist and many other vegg wrestlers or even wud like to compete a few village guys who are veggies? Or do u thing u r stronger than ur ancestors???

Same suggestion to u too. Dont put ur mind and preach. U like non veg then go and have one more plate of butter chicken. Discussion is abt 'whether meat is gud or not'. Its not abt veggies lack something or not.

And Osho ... hahahaha .. he was a freak.
Chill dude have chicken, muttin, pork, beaf, venison or even repltiles... all ur wish but please dont preach others to eat all that.

:rockyou are very much right brother that there are so many jat guys , even non jat guys who are stronger than any non vegitarian . ok i accept !

but see i was not talking about the particular cases , am huge fan of sushil i knew him before his olympic medal . i used to watch his wrestling frequently . my father was a medal winner player and he was pure veg he has not eaten a single egg throughout his life .

but u know i was trying to generalising the things , u know what is the diet schedule of SUSHIL KUMAR and all of your village wresrtlers , they drink plenty , plenty of milk which normal boys can't afford daily . this is fact accept it . am saying this because i have seen this , it's very easy to disscuss whether milk is good or chicken , i know milk is far better than chiken , but the point is that normal people can't afford that much daily.
we should think a practically way .

i know topic was whether non-veg is good or veg. but brother i felt that i should tell what i know best upto my level that's why i was trying to force everyone to eat non veg. see this is "jat fitratt" to interfere in everything whether ppl like or not .

u were telling a few examples like sushil kumar and something like that but i'll give examples of nations . see china , they have come mainly on non veg istead of rice because of improved economy. now see their heights average height improvement has been registered , have u seen average chinese young men now a days they are taller than your haryanvi jat guys (average ) , this is all because of change in diet .

aur rahee baat osho ki , osho ne apnee taraf se kuchh bhee nahee kahaa
he just forwarded the message of gautam buddha like an email message .

have u ever heard his speech in hindi . just listen him then come brother it's very easy very easy indeed to say anything about anyone , like i can say "what is sushil kumar and bijender singh , they are nothing " but i know what it would reflect about me it would tell that i don't know the ABC of wrestling neither boxing , am just talking in air just in air nothing else.

dkumars
November 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
:rockyou are very much right brother that there are so many jat guys , even non jat guys who are stronger than any non vegitarian . ok i accept !

but see i was not talking about the particular cases , am huge fan of sushil i knew him before his olympic medal . i used to watch his wrestling frequently . my father was a medal winner player and he was pure veg he has not eaten a single egg throughout his life .

but u know i was trying to generalising the things , u know what is the diet schedule of SUSHIL KUMAR and all of your village wresrtlers , they drink plenty , plenty of milk which normal boys can't afford daily . this is fact accept it . am saying this because i have seen this , it's very easy to disscuss whether milk is good or chicken , i know milk is far better than chiken , but the point is that normal people can't afford that much daily.
we should think a practically way .

i know topic was whether non-veg is good or veg. but brother i felt that i should tell what i know best upto my level that's why i was trying to force everyone to eat non veg. see this is "jat fitratt" to interfere in everything whether ppl like or not .

u were telling a few examples like sushil kumar and something like that but i'll give examples of nations . see china , they have come mainly on non veg istead of rice because of improved economy. now see their heights average height improvement has been registered , have u seen average chinese young men now a days they are taller than your haryanvi jat guys (average ) , this is all because of change in diet .

aur rahee baat osho ki , osho ne apnee taraf se kuchh bhee nahee kahaa
he just forwarded the message of gautam buddha like an email message .

have u ever heard his speech in hindi . just listen him then come brother it's very easy very easy indeed to say anything about anyone , like i can say "what is sushil kumar and bijender singh , they are nothing " but i know what it would reflect about me it would tell that i don't know the ABC of wrestling neither boxing , am just talking in air just in air nothing else.

Jats are still not so poor that they cant efford milk and go for chicken.
I am quite happy to be a pure veg also at the same time I m far stronbger than my counterparts. Sushil is stronger because that is his profession. He needs that much of diest. An ordinary man doesnt require such heave diet including 5-10 litres of milk a day.

Meat can never be responsible for height. Height and such things are hereditary and controlled by genes. I heard most of the America and even whole west prefer beaf and that is much more nutritious. So, how many guys eat beaf??? I guess mand dont... y ??? If the reason is we consider cow as mother then same for veggies not to eat non veg. If non veg guys can be eually healthy as beaf eaters then why not vegs cud be as healthy as non vegs.

Well, I dont find any difference here. I can court 100s of examples(if neccessary) where veggies lead and are second to none.

Osho... I have almost watched all his UTube Videos. He thought differently and out of box. But i dodn like his philosophy so for me hez just a freak.... merely an freak oldie, sathiaya hua.:rolleyes:

Enjoy ur non veg dude but why to recommend others??? If they like they will eat and if not then they will still maintain a distance... its as simple as that.

arvind1069
November 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM
animal protein is necessary for good health and body development.
but that has to be taken from milk and other dairy products. not meat.

its a myth that meat eaters are stronger than vegetarians. totally wrong notion. look at old desi wrestlers, they drink milk, badam, roti, dals, fruit and vegetables. dara singh, gama pehalwan etc were shakahaari.

aur kya bhim, krishan, balram, hanumaan kya chicken ya beef khaya karte the? unse adhik balwaan koi kya hoga...

arvind1069
November 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I wuld say a healthy diet is fruits and vegetables, and white meat not red meat. Chicken and fish is good meat, chicken should be eaten without skin as it is rich in cholesterol, which is especially not good for older people, i.e above 40 yrs.
Fish is an excellent source of omega acids which are good for neurons in the human body.
Red meat is just bad.
Meri family me sub vegeterian hai (meri 3 bhen ur mummy) magar main aur papa kabhi kabhi chicken ya fish kha lete hain. I think vegeterians are healthy but i think people who eat mostly fruit and veges and occasionally eat chicken or fish are healthier.

meat is not healthy, and no body eats meat for health. everybody eats for his/her 6 inch tongue taste. so dont give any logic that meat is healthy. people eat only for taste. kisi ka gala cheer diya gaya aur hame swaad nahi aaya. vah bhai vah kya yehi daya aur insaniyat hai.

Nishantrathi82
November 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
meat is not healthy, and no body eats meat for health. everybody eats for his/her 6 inch tongue taste. so dont give any logic that meat is healthy. people eat only for taste. kisi ka gala cheer diya gaya aur hame swaad nahi aaya. vah bhai vah kya yehi daya aur insaniyat hai.
http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

arvind1069
November 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
ek baar jaroor aana....ethical concern ..pain er killing ka bhi concept clear hovega........

how will u clear this concept of ethical killing brother?

rajivsp
November 29th, 2008, 11:48 PM
do u have enough evidences to prove what you said??????????????Every moment we are taking lives of many creatures knowingly or without knowing that.

rakeshsehrawat
December 4th, 2008, 09:58 AM

6 inch?????????????:confused::confused::confused::co nfused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ar jo jibh 6 inch ki hai to 3-4 inch kat ke khua dyo bera pat jyaga healthy hai ya unhealthy

sidchhikara
December 12th, 2008, 12:59 AM
You should eat meat if you are doing rigorous physical work, body building etc.
Animal protein is better than veg protein for muscle repair and growth, joints, it also has calcium. Since we are primarily a vegetarian country, most people have less proportion of muscle in their body.

It is important to note that the meat you eat should be of good quality which means the animals should've been raised in a hygeinic manner and the meat packaging should also have been a hygeinic procedure. For eg.. there are some desi farms who raise pigs and feed them all kinds of dirt (gooh!), that is not good.

You can also take protein supplements if you do strenous exercise. Whey Protein is quite good.

poonam
December 12th, 2008, 03:39 AM
This is correct.

Only downside of eating meat is its emerging connection with cancer. Multiple studies have shown that meat eaters are at higher risk of cancer. It has also been published that for certain type of cancers, red meat (pork, lamb, beef)consumption possibly increases the risk.

But again, as it is with any sort of food, eating in moderation would propably wont hurt..:) (I, myself, enjoy non-veg..but has to be occasionally)

Eat healthy!

You should eat meat if you are doing rigorous physical work, body building etc.
Animal protein is better than veg protein for muscle repair and growth, joints, it also has calcium. Since we are primarily a vegetarian country, most people have less proportion of muscle in their body.

It is important to note that the meat you eat should be of good quality which means the animals should've been raised in a hygeinic manner and the meat packaging should also have been a hygeinic procedure. For eg.. there are some desi farms who raise pigs and feed them all kinds of dirt (gooh!), that is not good.

You can also take protein supplements if you do strenous exercise. Whey Protein is quite good.

sidchhikara
December 12th, 2008, 04:05 AM
This is correct.

Only downside of eating meat is its emerging connection with cancer. Multiple studies have shown that meat eaters are at higher risk of cancer. It has also been published that for certain type of cancers, red meat (pork, lamb, beef)consumption possibly increases the risk.

But again, as it is with any sort of food, eating in moderation would propably wont hurt..:) (I, myself, enjoy non-veg..but has to be occasionally)

Eat healthy!

The biologist has spoken, I rest my case.

I think the Daily Value of protein required depends on weight.

Check out this link for info....

http://www.healthline.com/hlbook/nut-protein-requirements

Typically, the most common animal protein have the following values

Egg - 7g/oz
Chicken - 7g/oz
Beef - 7g/oz
Ostrich meat - 10g/oz

Poonam, do you know the relationship between protein consumption and rate of metabolism? Does an increased metabolic rate mean reduced body fat?

sidchhikara
December 12th, 2008, 04:44 AM
oh crap! I checked the price for GNC 100% Whey Protein supplement in India - Rs. 5999. That is 3 times of whats in the US. I guess the government has it under super luxury item and its taxed at 200%. It is sad that all that tax money will go to lalloo, mayawati, sharad pawar's Swiss bank account. They just drank 2/3rd of your protein shake.

sumeetmalik
December 12th, 2008, 05:41 AM
oh crap! I checked the price for GNC 100% Whey Protein supplement in India - Rs. 5999. That is 3 times of whats in the US. I guess the government has it under super luxury item and its taxed at 200%. It is sad that all that tax money will go to lalloo, mayawati, sharad pawar's Swiss bank account. They just drank 2/3rd of your protein shake.

lol. Sid you and your tax theories...hahaha

poonam
December 13th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Hahahaha.....no no.. you are allowed to speak your heart.....permission granted...:D

As regards to protein intake and metabolism, I know that increased protein intake increases your fat metabolism rate. Proteins are difficult to metabolize compared to carbs, increasing your metabolism and in turn burning fat. But, its better to have smaller frequent protein rich meals than few big ones to avoid losing muscle mass due to starvation induced response!

The biologist has spoken, I rest my case.

I think the Daily Value of protein required depends on weight.

Check out this link for info....

http://www.healthline.com/hlbook/nut-protein-requirements

Typically, the most common animal protein have the following values

Egg - 7g/oz
Chicken - 7g/oz
Beef - 7g/oz
Ostrich meat - 10g/oz

Poonam, do you know the relationship between protein consumption and rate of metabolism? Does an increased metabolic rate mean reduced body fat?

sidchhikara
December 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM
lol. Sid you and your tax theories...hahaha

Hahaha !
I think I heard this dialog between Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan in Rush hour - CT said "Follow the money, it will lead to a white man" .... No disrespect to poor white trash. Anyway, I think Switzerland is all white.
Most Indians work for Switzerland for free and they dont even know it.
Though it might sound like a conspiracy theory on the surface, but Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.

sidchhikara
December 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Hahahaha.....no no.. you are allowed to speak your heart.....permission granted...:D

As regards to protein intake and metabolism, I know that increased protein intake increases your fat metabolism rate. Proteins are difficult to metabolize compared to carbs, increasing your metabolism and in turn burning fat. But, its better to have smaller frequent protein rich meals than few big ones to avoid losing muscle mass due to starvation induced response!

That makes a lot of sense.

I know you are not a nutritionist ... but ek or sawal se... please bear with me.
Since proteins are hard to metabolize.... is it possible that some of them remain unbetabolized? .... does that affect the kidney / liver? - I mean do they settle in the kidney etc.

sumeetmalik
December 13th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Hahaha !
I think I heard this dialog between Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan in Rush hour - CT said "Follow the money, it will lead to a white man" .... No disrespect to poor white trash. Anyway, I think Switzerland is all white.
Most Indians work for Switzerland for free and they dont even know it.
Though it might sound like a conspiracy theory on the surface, but Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.

lol...you are quite right. A lot of Easern bloc countries are also reaping the benefits of flat tax. check this out
http://www.youtube.com/user/afq2007 (http://www.new.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fafq2 007&h=c6df3e77cf48b992435e1699b9b46194)

Although, I hardly paid any tax while in India as a consultant to the point that I used to feel a bit guilty hehe. My lawyer would get me refunds every year.

Sorry for derailing from the topic (it was boring anyway).

poonam
December 13th, 2008, 06:26 AM
manne na bera......google kar le...:D

That makes a lot of sense.

I know you are not a nutritionist ... but ek or sawal se... please bear with me.
Since proteins are hard to metabolize.... is it possible that some of them remain unbetabolized? .... does that affect the kidney / liver? - I mean do they settle in the kidney etc.

mhundpuriamann
December 18th, 2008, 02:35 PM
animal protein is necessary for good health and body development.
but that has to be taken from milk and other dairy products. not meat.

its a myth that meat eaters are stronger than vegetarians. totally wrong notion. look at old desi wrestlers, they drink milk, badam, roti, dals, fruit and vegetables. dara singh, gama pehalwan etc were shakahaari.

aur kya bhim, krishan, balram, hanumaan kya chicken ya beef khaya karte the? unse adhik balwaan koi kya hoga...

:rockDara singh used to eat more than two chicken per day (u can search in google if in doubt)!
and brother haven't u seen in mahabhart serial , fried peacock was the favorite dish of your bheem.
i don't know about hanuman but all monkeys eat flesh(even human flesh) whenever they get chance.

siwach2767
December 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
:rockDara singh used to eat more than two chicken per day (u can search in google if in doubt)!
and brother haven't u seen in mahabhart serial , fried peacock was the favorite dish of your bheem.
i don't know about hanuman but all monkeys eat flesh(even human flesh) whenever they get chance.

bhai to tu bhi kha le.. mana kisney kara hai.. par meat is absolutely unhealthy ..

caravi2910
December 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Hi jitender
I am not advocating that veg food is healthy and non-veg food is unhealthy but i know one thing that we must respect what nature has given us. If i am not wrong than nature has kept human beings in vegetarian category, because our digestive system and tooth structure is made up like this.One more evidence in this regard that all vegetarian consume water by gulping it and not using their tongue to lick water, as all animals do who have to survive on other animals(i.e. carnivorous). you can take example of lion, dog etc who use their tongue to lick water.

Nishantrathi82
December 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Bhai kaal ko yu naa keehan laagiye k log train k aage bhi kuuden hain to ya bhi saahe hai :D

arvind1069
December 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM

what???? bheem use to eat peacock?
kaun si mahabharat dekh li aapne???
and monkeys eat human flesh....cm on monkey is a vegetarian..
u need to update ur GK..