PDA

View Full Version : Which is Best Excercise?

arvind1069
October 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
which is the best excercise for overall development of body and increases, strength and agility?
is it swimming,joggging, tennis, kabaddi, kushti, dand baithak, or any other?

kannumix
October 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Arvind Bhai Swimming is
Best Excercise

cooljat
October 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Bhai sabse easy to do n best warm exercise is 'Surya-Namaskar' of Yoga !!

Just do it 12 rep a day, it hardly takes more then 15 mins !!

dkumars
October 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
I prefer playing basketball if its available and i feel its best.

mkm_jat
October 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I would say yoga is best if it is done in proper way. If you want to keep yourself fit n fine then jogging then little bit of stretching is good. Jogging and stretching is also a must before starting any kind of game whether it is kabbaddi, khokho, hockey, football or cricket. In games I would say hockey is one of best game for sweating out and keeping the body fit as well.

Regards,
Manoj

choudharyneelam
October 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
SWIMMING, provides a complete package of exercise....complete body gets its benefit

then i also prefer cycling or walking sometimes

YOGA also helpful in body development that like swimming.....and what Jit brother told is also good..."SURYA NAMASKAR".....though, i never tried this one, but its quite effective as answered by many yoga experts/gurukul waasi

brahmtewatia
October 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
nuthin' like playing squash... u stretch, u exert, u sweat. two games a day followed by a splash in the pool, u r dunn for the day. suryaa namaskaar indeed is vry gud for those with time constraints.

ritu
October 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
dancing .......

Samarkadian
October 24th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Sleeping......>Sleeping Smily<<

sachinb
October 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I agree,......SLEEPING, :rock

Sleeping......>Sleeping Smily<<

sachinb
October 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
No doubt swimming is one of the best exercise:), but the human body requires different sets of varieties in exercisng schedule to tone up different body parts,

Jogging/Running is one of the best, cost effective:), easily available:) exercise, it can be practiced any where and while running body is doing the workout in natural conditions like surface friction, wind resistant, against earth gravity, natural lights sun/moonlit nights(as the case may be :) dependes upon individuals) etc etc:rock

Offcourse swimming is good for especially those people who have some joints problem in knees etc, chances of injuries are less

SWIMMING, provides a complete package of exercise....complete body gets its benefit

then i also prefer cycling or walking sometimes

YOGA also helpful in body development that like swimming.....and what Jit brother told is also good..."SURYA NAMASKAR".....though, i never tried this one, but its quite effective as answered by many yoga experts/gurukul waasi

choudharyneelam
October 24th, 2008, 02:38 PM
No doubt swimming is one of the best exercise:), but the human body requires different sets of varieties in exercisng schedule to tone up different body parts,

Offcourse swimming is good for especially those people who have some joints problem in knees etc, chances of injuries are less

These joint problems I never experienced till now, and consuming amla to avoid these further....rest, its true, that after a particular age a person experiences the same

What u talked about body tone, I feel it gives the same results as per my experience....Yoga and swimming are the two best exercises for that. These two not only brings the bodily parts in proper shape but also facilitate the functioning of inner parts. (Natural conditions are always required for any exercise...regarding swimming, only pool is a man-made environment)

Rest, it depends on individual :)

sachinb
October 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
The joint problem was not written keeping you in mind:), it was a general statement. Moreover in todays scenario people in the age group of 30s & 40s are also experiencing these problems rather it has become a very common phenomenon.

When i said running there was another important consideration i mentioned in my reply that is easy availability, when we recommend something good we consider various pros & cons as well, like swimming in Indian conditions is a seasonal phenomena, generally all swimming pools closes in Sept/Oct unless someone has temperature control facility in the pool. With the conditions of various kind of water bodies and there availability etc are some factor :)

Budhaape mein to un bi paani mein badti haan dar laagge:)

One more things you can observe all the swimmers(professional one) carry out regular running schedule to improve stamina and strength, where as among atheletes its not so, though they also do swimming in between to chill out or relax or for exercising purposes also.

Yoga is absolutley benificial for body as it provide cure for many diseases and also helps in keeping the body fit, your nervous system and other internal organs get benifited from practising Yoga, your minute vains in the mind and body get the adequate oxygen & blood supply, no doubt i myself is an hardcore Yoga & Pranayam Practitioner.

Would like to add, there is a difference between Yoga and Pranayam, actually it is the Pranayam which improves your inner system, where as Yogas are different body postures to cure different disease or keep the person healthy. I think you wanted to say Pranayam for improving inner system.:)

But any way, all exercises have good affect on our external as well as inner system:rock, so with that logic in mind, I agree with you

These joint problems I never experienced till now, and consuming amla to avoid these further....rest, its true, that after a particular age a person experiences the same

What u talked about body tone, I feel it gives the same results as per my experience....Yoga and swimming are the two best exercises for that. These two not only brings the bodily parts in proper shape but also facilitate the functioning of inner parts. (Natural conditions are always required for any exercise...regarding swimming, only pool is a man-made environment)

Rest, it depends on individual :)

choudharyneelam
October 24th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Sachin, I agree with you almost at every point said above.

And let me tell u that I wrote my reply not with the feeling that you quoted anything especially towards me....I just took it generally by adding my experience :)

For swimming, people do running exercise before that just to warm up....and for strength they need to do bubbling before starting any stroke and even to take rest without losing the strength and capacity.....But, ya if talking about professionals, then they have to prove themselves the best for which the combination of different exercises is required.

Now, it depends whether you talking as per individual's choice or interest; or accordins to professionals....and swimming is my own choice apart from the exercise that is least noticed while doing household work :)

sumeetmalik
October 24th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Pull Ups. Push Ups come a close second. Of course Yoga and Dancing are a class apart.

gaganjat
October 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
one things u cant keep out is 'running'

run as much as u can . we humans used to hunt for food, we used to run, climb , pull , push.

u r fit as long as u can run. no matter how strong or gud u luk if u cant run u r nothin.

and do body weight exercises for muscle strength.

rembember eat like we used to eat in older days.

sumeetmalik
October 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Well said Gagan. Strong legs, lungs and heart go a long way.

arvind1069
October 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM

run as much as u can . we humans used to hunt for food, we used to run, climb , pull , push.

u r fit as long as u can run. no matter how strong or gud u luk if u cant run u r nothin.

this sounds logical. i think yoga is mere stretching and is better suited to old men who are not able to do rigorous excercises. children and young should not waste time for yoga.

siwach2767
October 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
jogging and yoga are the best exercise...

sannand
October 25th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Depends on how much time does one have up his/her sleeves ?

15 minutes of walking, 15 minutes of running and 30 minutes of Yoga keep me fit. Timing surely matters for Yoga. However, in AC environment, Yoga can be done anytime during the day, preferrably with empty stomach. But, no time better than the mornings before 9 o'clock.

Apart from that, Keeping right postures at work place and moving your body joints frequently have become very essential. Avoid prolonged sittings on that cosy office chair.

Keep working out, keep living well !

netrapalsingh
October 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Bhai sabse easy to do n best warm exercise is 'Surya-Namaskar' of Yoga !!

Just do it 12 rep a day, it hardly takes more then 15 mins !!

bilkul sahee kaha 'Surya-Namaskar' of yoga warm up ke liye or body ko fit rakhne ke liye bahoot hee sahee hai, agar koi kar sake to..............or uske bad Pranayam fir kuch karne kee jaroorat nahi.........sirf 30 20 minutes ka package.

netrapal singh choudhary

cooljat
October 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Dude, you're absolutely wrong !!, Yoga is the most comperhansive excercise for your kind info and there're many Asanas which even strongest of Pehlwan can't even do it for a second !!

Please dont pass judgment when you have little or no knowledge about the topic !!

Rock on
Jit

this sounds logical. i think yoga is mere stretching and is better suited to old men who are not able to do rigorous excercises. children and young should not waste time for yoga.

arvind1069
October 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Dude, you're absolutely wrong !!, Yoga is the most comperhansive excercise for your kind info and there're many Asanas which even strongest of Pehlwan can't even do it for a second !!

Please dont pass judgment when you have little or no knowledge about the topic !!

Rock on
Jit

achha tell me...
when v do yoga we dont sweat, our heart rate doesnt increase, our muscles dont exert force, all that what happens is mere stretching. then how can it be a complete excercise? plz tell me how it will develop muscle strenght and stamina?

sumeetmalik
October 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
achha tell me...
when v do yoga we dont sweat, our heart rate doesnt increase, our muscles dont exert force, all that what happens is mere stretching. then how can it be a complete excercise? plz tell me how it will develop muscle strenght and stamina?

Bhai Sahab, Its a common myth that only stretching exercises are a part of Yoga. If you will see Iyenger or here in West Power Yoga/Flow Yoga Schools are quite famous, you will see that they emphasize on a lot of postures that are strength and stamina building. I attended a flow yoga class in Malibu and I was sweating more than anyone there. And I used to pride myself that I have practiced Yoga before so I will be good at it.

Using downward and Upward dog postures, that are in Surya Namaskar there are many variations that take everything from you to attain stability. Plus Yoga is more holistic. So it emphasizes on breath and has a whole lot of philosophy behind it. But even if you take the physical aspect, Hatha Yoga, it works on every aspect of the body. Trouble is the results are a bit slow and can get boring at times. At least to me it happens!

cooljat
October 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Dude, u just do Suryanamaskar for 12 times, then u'll realize what really is Yoga ... u know Yogic asanas look very simple but when u practice then u'll realize how exhaustive & calories burning work out it is ... n who said u it doesnt increase heart rate, I bet u try Tibatian Yoga and then u'll relaize how much it pump ur blood u literally need to take proper rest after it ... and u talking about muscle strenght then u try many arm balancing postures in which ur whole body weight is on ur hands .. and it takes a lot of lot of strength to achieve that !! .. and for increasing stamina n endurance try Pranyamas ... u'll see amazing increment in those and pranayam burns ur fat like anything .. !!

There're many like this .... and if u really want to do hard core sweating & exhausting work out then man u should go for MARTIAL ARTS !! go join any takewondo, karate classes ... an u know most of the martial arts drills n strechting excercises r modified Yoga only !!

First go thro' this site - http://www.yogajournal.com/ then u'll learn what yoga is !! :)

you know Yoga is most complete excercise technique cuz it conditions ur inner organ, your outer muscles and ur spritual side as well thats why I say, Yoga is an artistic science or scintific art !! :)

Rock on
Jit

achha tell me...

cooljat
October 25th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Gud on u bhai, so u r into Yoga finally ... gud, gud keep it up !! Guys, just attend Yoga classese for a week only, u'll see drastic improvments.. :)

And a very pragmatic quote for all health seekers -

'There're no shortcuts in Health and Success' !!

Keep fighting fit !

Rock on
Jit

Bhai Sahab, Its a common myth that only stretching exercises are a part of Yoga. If you will see Iyenger or here in West Power Yoga/Flow Yoga Schools are quite famous, you will see that they emphasize on a lot of postures that are strength and stamina building. I attended a flow yoga class in Malibu and I was sweating more than anyone there. And I used to pride myself that I have practiced Yoga before so I will be good at it.

Using downward and Upward dog postures, that are in Surya Namaskar there are many variations that take everything from you to attain stability. Plus Yoga is more holistic. So it emphasizes on breath and has a whole lot of philosophy behind it. But even if you take the physical aspect, Hatha Yoga, it works on every aspect of the body. Trouble is the results are a bit slow and can get boring at times. At least to me it happens!

cooljat
October 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Bro, Concur with you here wholly!, Running is indeed very very imp to keep ur stamina and endurance high and u r waste if u ve body like Arnie but cant run for 1 km, but imp thing here is the way u run ... pay attention, ur stance should be staight and u should run on Toes n also let ur lungs breath as they demand just dont hold !! ..

Gunny, also mentioned one imp thing here about weight training to increase muscle strength ... for ur info guys body buliding and weight training are entirely diffrent, and try to avoid bodybuilding n bulky bodies istead one must try to achieve lean, strong, agile body just like army soliders !!

Cheers!

Rock on
Jit

arvind1069
October 25th, 2008, 07:32 PM
to all of u
so do v need do other excercises? or just yoga is enough?
i mean to develop strength, stamina, muscle, are yoga postures enough for this? or heavy excercise also need to b done with yogic postures?

sachinb
October 26th, 2008, 12:06 PM
My dear freind doing different Asans and Yogic postures is not a wastage of time, they are very benificial for all age groups. Ofcourse running, games and other exercises i am not ignoring

sachinb
October 27th, 2008, 08:38 AM
:), I was expecting a lethal attack on me from your side, reason being that I had made some technical mistake in my earlier reply:), Good you didnt notice that,,,,,,,,,,,

However for my defence I was also ready by preparing a technical answer to escape the attack:boxing

Sachin, I agree with you almost at every point said above.

And let me tell u that I wrote my reply not with the feeling that you quoted anything especially towards me....I just took it generally by adding my experience :)

For swimming, people do running exercise before that just to warm up....and for strength they need to do bubbling before starting any stroke and even to take rest without losing the strength and capacity.....But, ya if talking about professionals, then they have to prove themselves the best for which the combination of different exercises is required.

Now, it depends whether you talking as per individual's choice or interest; or accordins to professionals....and swimming is my own choice apart from the exercise that is least noticed while doing household work :)

PrashantHooda
October 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
My younger brother says "शवासन" is the best exercise/yoga. :D :D

I think we must opt any sport activity to develop stamina, strength and for stretching purpose. Lawn tennis is the best sport for this purpose. :) :)

sunitahooda
October 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
While swimming no doubt is best exercise....i like long walk and running atleast once a day for 7-8 kms:) At times i've experienced when i've had headache and i'm stressed out....long walk makes the headache vanish and refreshes the body:)

cooljat
October 27th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Dude, your bro is quite right but no need to put ':D' after the statment cuz its arguably the most difficult asana as well !! :)

I believe the best sport actitivy to join is 'MARTIAL ARTS' if u r really serious about hardcore, rigrous workout ... Yoga, Running, Active/Passive streching, endurance, strength, meditation, toughness ... all the very aspects of excercises are involved in it thats why a Serious Martial Artist becomes a Lean Mean Killing Machine, A lethal weapon to the core !! :cool:

Rock on
Jit

My younger brother says "शवासन" is the best exercise/yoga. :D :D

I think we must opt any sport activity to develop stamina, strength and for stretching purpose. Lawn tennis is the best sport for this purpose. :) :)

sanjeev_balyan
October 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Anybody, who is doing (or did some time) the SUDERSAN KRIYA of Art of Living. I find it best

PrashantHooda
October 28th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Right, I've heard a lot about it's benefits. But we need an instructor to practice for a long time before practicing it self. It typically consists of the various types of Pranayams and other several activities related to breaths.

Anybody, who is doing (or did some time) the SUDERSAN KRIYA of Art of Living. I find it best