PDA

View Full Version : Modest or Afraid?

Nishantrathi82
November 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hi all i have some point on which we can have some healthy discussion.
Actually I want to ask one question whether we r more Modest or we got affraid for something. Actually there some incidents when top Indian Profile people has been insulted in Foreign countries but they never complaint against that, does it show that we are Modest or we got afraid of something?
Like one of our Minister has been asked to put off all his clothes at the Airport and i think he had never complaint against it, and even in Cricket i can remember several Incidents where we have been insulted but didn't file any complaint, on the other side opposition team always ready to file complain for all minor incidents too.
So what it suggests is it our weakness or we are more Modest then others?

anjusin
November 7th, 2008, 10:42 AM
im sure about it that we are not at all afraid of anything...yes we are more modest than anyother.it donesn't mean ki we do not hav self respect......remeber some come cases and experiencs by our great leaders and we shud rais voice......but we do know that fighting is not the solution....n we r so dignified that no one can ever......insult us........
we shud bear things but to a limit......... nhi to log modesty nhi kamzori manenge

poonamchaudhary
November 13th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Modesty is good but sometimes we use this word to hide our weakness.what say? we cannot generalise and say that either we behave like that because we are afraid or because we are being modest. Many a times such incidents show that we are spineless and cant stand up for our dignity. Modesty is the word used to cover this cowardiness up. When it comes to self respect and dignity one must not compromise and should speak up against it.

cooljat
November 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I believe modesty is gud to an extent ... Its indeed a gud virtue to be modest and humble; but sometimes you gotta be loud, aggressive when situations become worse and demand quick action, then 'Offense is the best Defense' funda works !!

I remember, our Taekwondo coach used to say, be like venomous cobra cuz u know it is very deadly creature but at the same time it is very calm and peaceful too but when it comes to on its own u r dead.. :) they actually used to utter a Sanskrit Solka, don't remember it nw ..

So all in all if u over use modesty then u r weaker !!!

Rock on
Jit