PDA

View Full Version : Guess what i captured With my Telescope

d_dhankhar
November 27th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Well last night I was sitting in my backyard with my telescope. My laptop was recording the planet and ISS movements (which I do regularly). Suddenly my Camera recorded something. Can anyone guess what it is?

If not ask me I'll tell you. Let’s see who can guess it right.

I can't upload the video (WMV) files on jatland as this format is not supported. So I uploaded the file on my rapidshare account. It’s a very small file (950KB) so think everyone can download it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/167752064/Stange.wmv

sumitsehrawat
November 27th, 2008, 08:02 AM
A shooting star??
Can I make a wish?

d_dhankhar
November 27th, 2008, 09:31 AM
You can still make a wish, but its not a shooting star.

HINT: Its a man made object and just launched in space.

A shooting star??
Can I make a wish?

vivekdh
November 27th, 2008, 02:24 PM
chandrayaan hai kya bhai ?

You can still make a wish, but its not a shooting star.

HINT: Its a man made object and just launched in space.

annch
November 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Robotic arms of ISS???

d_dhankhar
November 28th, 2008, 05:47 AM
no its Not the Chandryaan. its too far from here.

chandrayaan hai kya bhai ?

and robotic arm is still attached to the ISS. but u are pretty close though

Robotic arms of ISS???

annch
November 28th, 2008, 06:03 AM
endeavor????

d_dhankhar
November 28th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Okay i guess no one can guess it right.

its the toolbag dropped by Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper during a spacewalk on Nov. 18th and it floated away.

I checked all my software to confirm that at that time there was no other satellite in the vicinity.

endeavor????

sumitsehrawat
November 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Wow... :)!!

its the toolbag dropped by Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper during a spacewalk on Nov. 18th

jitendershooda
November 28th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Bhai Bahut badhiya Dhankhar ... jache hai mere ek mhara bhai kade iss dharti te kime takran te bhi bachavega ... :)

Nishantrathi82
November 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM

its the toolbag dropped by Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper during a spacewalk on Nov. 18th and it floated away.

I checked all my software to confirm that at that time there was no other satellite in the vicinity.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

sunitahooda
November 28th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Good share Deepak:)

sumeetmalik
November 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM

oh teri ki!

d_dhankhar
November 29th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys for your support. much appreciate. Your supportive words inspire me to work more.

neels
November 29th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Greattt . Keep it Up.

navingulia
December 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Bhaai Deepak,
that it was the toolbag can only be a guess.
i think the object captured had a very regular/smooth shape.

d_dhankhar
December 5th, 2008, 03:35 AM
i Knew someone is going to ask me this question. You are right its only a guess, but what led me to believe that this was the same bag is.

Firstly it was really close to Space Station with Shuttle attached to it i didnt catpture the whole thing otherwise you would have seen the zoom level on which my Telescope was set. Secondly it was moving away from ISS with a very high speed.

I've been following ISS for last one year now, i never saw any object so close to its proximity. Even when the Shuttle undocks its a really slow process and never happen at this speed. If they do it, it can affect the ISS's trajectory very badly.

But at the end of the day its still a guess, i might be wrong but no harm in speculating untill some one proves me wrong....