PDA

View Full Version : Humanism

navingulia
November 30th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I think humanism is the only religion that needs to be promoted today.
We can leave God alone for sometime, he will be able to manage himself i am sure.
Let us be humans first - compassion, respect, caring, affection, love, humility - these are written into our genes, these are what we are born with.
Let us try being humans first.
God in the meantime am sure will be able to manage without our praise, hymns, falling at his feet and other rituals.
Compassion???
Respect for other people's existence, beliefs, emotions???
Love and affection and caring. Can we spread these instead of hate, dislike and disrespect.
Man seriously needs to evolve intellectually a little more than where he is right now.

Were we made by different Gods??? why do you think God would love you more than me? We make our God fall to our own pathetic intellectual levels.

what i am writing is intended towards all humans. if i believe that my religion, caste, creed, color and God is greater than yours, i wouldnt be any different. Please allow me to be a human because that is the only thing i am dead sure God would have made me.

navingulia
December 2nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
its not time for indians to unite but for humans to unite.
when will muslims stop disliking jews, christians or hindus. when will jews stop disliking muslims. when will we stop stop looking down upon others for heir reigion/region/caste/creed.
We are so happy to feel and believe that the other persons reigion/caste/creed is inferior to us.
99.99% of people in this world believe in the same religion they are born in. Only one in ten thousand changes his religion under some influence he/she comes accross. What is so great in belonging to any religion.
The basic aspects of humanism we are born with, like compassion, caring, giving, mutual respect, humility.
A universe creating God isnt really bothered about your hairstyle or what you do with your beard or moustache or whether you bow, bend, raise your arms, fold your arms or cross yourself.
Be humans first and respect the world God created. I always say 'leave God alone',,,,,, take care of yourself, people around you, your society, your country and the world. God can really manage himself, he doesnt need you to defend him, fight for him, disrespect others for him and kill for him.
Can anyone believe that his religion is correct without believing that other peoples religion is wrong?
The educated society also stands divided behind closed doors. The terrorists were only an extreme case of this division.
If the terrorists had muslim names doesnot mean the hindus, the western world or the christians should feel elated. their slate isnt clean.
hindus have their caste discrimination and they also chop and burn people alive in riots.
Afghanistan was a very progressive country when America and Russia jointly plundered it. Terror camps instigating extremism were set up and equiped by america to defeat russia. today that muck created by them is falling back on them.
The west cannot instigate wars and sell weapons to both parties and make money (srilanka, indopak, africa etc).
IT IS HIGH TIME WE BECAME HUMANS
because that is the only thing God made you(rest is man made)

jitendershooda
December 2nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
99.99% of people in this world believe in the same religion they are born in. Only one in ten thousand changes his religion under some influence he/she comes accross. What is so great in belonging to any religion.

hindus have their caste discrimination

Navin Bhai saab I agree what you said about Hindu religion. All other religions dont have such divisions. Like Muslims have only two Shiyas and Sunnis. Cristians ... protestants, baptists and catholic etc.
But Hindus are worst in this manner and I say that in India these individual hindu communities or sections are the minorities and not the muslims or cristians. This is what needs to be addressed by Hindus.

When you say that only one in ten thousand changes his religion, I disagree a bit looking at Arunachal, Nagaland, Orissa and karnataka cristian convertions. How come such heavy convertions are there?

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25601
In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence. There are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures are even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1,710 Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780 churches! In Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung villages and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati.

Also what I was discussing with one of my friend over this issue only and he was saying that for the time being we can leave the issues like these cristian convertions, UCC, etc. But I say that how long we can ignore the root causes. Aankh moondne se koe issue solve nahi hota but this can be dumped for a while to have some amplified affects later on.

There is nothing great in belonging to any particular religion. There are bad and good elements despite of belonging to different religions. It is only education and manners that matters. But when you see in terms of whole country it matters and the Andhra Govt has started giving rs 20k for jeruselum teerth yatra for cristians. Why because belonging to a particular religion matters because of their votes? Somebody should ask them ki wahan jo paisa ismein lagega wo kahin marte hue farmers ko kyon nahi diya jae but it matters that is why.

devdahiya
December 2nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Navin Bhai saab I agree what you said about Hindu religion. All other religions dont have such divisions. Like Muslims have only two Shiyas and Sunnis. Cristians ... protestants, baptists and catholic etc.
But Hindus are worst in this manner and I say that in India these individual hindu communities or sections are the minorities and not the muslims or cristians. This is what needs to be addressed by Hindus.

When you say that only one in ten thousand changes his religion, I disagree a bit looking at Arunachal, Nagaland, Orissa and karnataka cristian convertions. How come such heavy convertions are there?

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25601
In Tripura, there were no Christians at the time of independence. There are 1,20,000 today, a 90 per cent increase since 1991. The figures are even more striking in Arunachal Pradesh, where there were only 1,710 Christians in 1961, but 1.2 million today, as well as 780 churches! In Andhra Pradesh, churches are coming up every day in far-flung villages and there was even an attempt to set up one near Tirupati.

Also what I was discussing with one of my friend over this issue only and he was saying that for the time being we can leave the issues like these cristian convertions, UCC, etc. But I say that how long we can ignore the root causes. Aankh moondne se koe issue solve nahi hota but this can be dumped for a while to have some amplified affects later on.

There is nothing great in belonging to any particular religion. There are bad and good elements despite of belonging to different religions. It is only education and manners that matters. But when you see in terms of whole country it matters and the Andhra Govt has started giving rs 20k for jeruselum teerth yatra for cristians. Why because belonging to a particular religion matters because of their votes? Somebody should ask them ki wahan jo paisa ismein lagega wo kahin marte hue farmers ko kyon nahi diya jae but it matters that is why.

Very well said Jitu.

poonamchaudhary
December 2nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Navin ji you have said the right thing and pointed out the solution to the problems that we are facing today. Ultimately the problems that are infesting our world have one solution and that is humanism. And it is not just religion rather it is a way of life. It is what we get after we remove all the impurities and shortcomings of all the religions of the world. Osho has said that all religions are born in festivity and are innocent and alive like a child. Religion is meant for bringing order in the society but gradually it becomes victim of its own shortcomings. Religions, as we see today, have become another reason of division in the society. It is very unfortunate and the solution to all these problems is the attitude of humanism. It is important for us to become humans first and adopt other roles of being hindu, jat, indian, father, mother or anything for that matter, later on. Lets become humans and behave in a humane manner and the world will itself become not just inhabitable again but a very beautiful one. To be human is to be compassionate, tolerant, respectful, sincere, loving and truthful. All the crimes in the world happen when we deviate away from these human qualities. Its high time that we think about the course the world is taking today and leading to heaps of corpses, darkness of vengeance and terror and madness of violence. Its the time to turn towards the basic trait that god has given us viz humanity. Lets adopt humanism.

choudharyneelam
December 2nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
All so beautiful :)

Terrorists don't have any religion, I agree and that's why they don't think when they kill. But, they are having a different identity. Now tell me, is God happy with these people......kyunki inka to koi religion nahin hai but still they are fighting and killing who never disturbed their life, innocent ones who never imagined that they will be killed by any such people.

God created us, and he never taught us to be hindu, muslim, christian, parsi or sikh. But, he had given us a brain to think differently and act differently. God is happy even if we live with different identities as He wants to see how good He was at His every creation like parents feel happy to see their one child as Doctor, another as Defence Personnel, another an Educationist, etc.

For a change, again He landed some people on Earth like Mahatmaji, Subhash Chandra Bose, Lala Lajpat Rai, Mother Teressa, Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstien, and many more can be listed.

HUMMANISM is required, for sure. Taking it at the final stage is not possible in the very first step, but can be done with most little steps like a baby learn to turn into a mature man. So, first a little group have to unite, then community, religion, country and the WORLD....all step by step to proceed the way for better understanding and goodness. Isn't it? :)

navingulia
December 3rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Bhai Jeete, wo christian conversions ki wajah se hi one in ten thousand is converting.
other wise even this many wouldnt convert. conversions to other rligions are negligible.
if you take total population in mind the number is even less than one in ten thousand.
christians are successfully converting people because they are working passionately on it and also they approach the poor people, sick people, and people in rural remote areas and people who have been exploited by their own religion. the poor and sick are being benefitted by their service. it is good.
tell me bhai
if your religion had labelled you 'low caste', would you continue with it? or convert?
i personally would strongly denounce my religion if they called me low caste or inferior race. so, isnt it mean of me, if other people are called inferior, i am happy with my religion.
so, i denounce it, and embrace humanism.

rajivsp
December 3rd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Very well said Jitu.

There is depth in your thought and what ever you are posting here. Please keep it up. The whole world has great expectations from.

mittu
December 4th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Bhai Jeete, wo christian conversions ki wajah se hi one in ten thousand is converting.
other wise even this many wouldnt convert. conversions to other rligions are negligible.
if you take total population in mind the number is even less than one in ten thousand.
christians are successfully converting people because they are working passionately on it and also they approach the poor people, sick people, and people in rural remote areas and people who have been exploited by their own religion. the poor and sick are being benefitted by their service. it is good.
tell me bhai
if your religion had labelled you 'low caste', would you continue with it? or convert?
i personally would strongly denounce my religion if they called me low caste or inferior race. so, isnt it mean of me, if other people are called inferior, i am happy with my religion.

very well said. if changing to different religion can uplift some poor guy then i think he is doing right thing.
Humanism should be only religion.

choudharyneelam
December 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Excellent thought!!