PDA

View Full Version : Z Security for Celebrities and Politicians

raj2rif
December 5th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Dear Members,

It was interesting to read about the inadequate security provided to Mr. M S Dhoni. The sports minister made the statement and all that Tamasha.

I was wondering as to who pays for it? These celebrities make tonnes of mony, I only hope they pay for their security or is the "Tax Payers" who pays for it.

There is no doubt that these celebrities are soft and important targets to the "Terror" organizations to attract already devoted media and should be provided the adequate security. Here are my questions:

1. How much security would be adequate?
2. What weapon systme these securitymen are going to be armed with? (specially having seen some of the obsolete .303 and 7.62 SLR's with the security forces during Mumbai Episode.)
3. Who should pay for it. (For example in the case of Cricketers, they themselves are capable of paying for it, if they don't then BCCI should pay for it, the tax payer should be the last person to pay for their security.)

Having Z category symbol has become like a status symbol. Last time when visiting India, I heard some MLA's sour about they not having a police guard while their rival did have one.

I understand that many politicians have links with Criminals (not that I can prove it) and with that comes the danger to their life. But the question is, why should they have these links and if that is necessary for their survial/victory in elections, why we the tax payers should pay for it. (the only reason I can find is that inspite of knowing their short comings we still vote for them and thus are liable for paying for it)

Let us discuss, how much security and to whom all and who should pay for it.

snandal1
December 5th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Dear Members,

It was interesting to read about the inadequate security provided to Mr. M S Dhoni. The sports minister made the statement and all that Tamasha.

I was wondering as to who pays for it? These celebrities make tonnes of mony, I only hope they pay for their security or is the "Tax Payers" who pays for it.

There is no doubt that these celebrities are soft and important targets to the "Terror" organizations to attract already devoted media and should be provided the adequate security. Here are my questions:

2. What weapon systme these securitymen are going to be armed with? (specially having seen some of the obsolete .303 and 7.62 SLR's with the security forces during Mumbai Episode.)
3. Who should pay for it. (For example in the case of Cricketers, they themselves are capable of paying for it, if they don't then BCCI should pay for it, the tax payer should be the last person to pay for their security.)

Having Z category symbol has become like a status symbol. Last time when visiting India, I heard some MLA's sour about they not having a police guard while their rival did have one.

I understand that many politicians have links with Criminals (not that I can prove it) and with that comes the danger to their life. But the question is, why should they have these links and if that is necessary for their survial/victory in elections, why we the tax payers should pay for it. (the only reason I can find is that inspite of knowing their short comings we still vote for them and thus are liable for paying for it)

I hope u must pay for it! Because, U've not taken a lesson from KPS Gill.

snandal1
December 5th, 2008, 02:51 AM
retirement ke bad bhi jat reservation yaad nahin aati? bahut khub mere UP ke bhai? jahan charan singh ka bank balance sirf 12000 rupe tha. jahan aap jaise log bandhu ne mare the? :)

snandal1
December 5th, 2008, 02:58 AM
tu bhai, aise hi aata rahna, aur aise hi jat kaum ko gumrah karta rahna, reservation ke naam par. best wishes for u. UP ke chalak Jat..

raj2rif
December 5th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Dear Mr. Nandal,

I am unable to make out what point you are trying to convey? Could you please be more specific as to what do you feel about the security being provided to the celebrities and who should pay for that?

Looking forward to your positive input.

Nishantrathi82
December 5th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Dear Members,

Sir u point is correct this is a waste of money by providing Z Plus security to most of the politicians, this is our money which has been going wasted on these people. Agree some of high profile posts like PM, President, CM, Home minister and people who r accuping such a sensitive posts has to be provided the security but a people like Dhoni he is earning in lot of Crores can't he hire guards by his own?
And one more thing these Politicians will gave money to our Shaheed Fighters why they call it that this money is provided by the BJP or Congress why don't they says that this is the money of common person of India and we r providing it on their Behalf? After all this is our money paid by different means like Tax etc.

snandal1
December 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM
yes, I agree with Col Sahb celebrities have lot of money for their own security and common men should not be burdened. In Punjab to eradicate terrorism common men was encouraged to have their own gun and security by KPS Gill. That truly worked positive.

Fateh
December 13th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Dear brother virendra, you have posted a good topic. but how many of us understand & are interested in such topics. you have seen example in this post itself. you being a old member of this forum, is there any use of sharing your views, sparing some time & taking pain to submit your ideas, specially when most of us are not interested to share, to listen, to understand, to follow rules of the forum & respect eachother and our elders. Ofcourse I am new to the forum but in this little time what I noticed is -except few members, rest are not behaing like a mature person. I am extreemely sorry for diverting your topic. No politician except the one, on govt chair, no celebraty specially from creckit & filmy world, deserve security on the coast of tax payers. But at present nothing can be done because majority is authority.

rameshlakra
December 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
i think govt should notify pvt security and grade them from z to whatever (as they do for government security covers).

And if it is not a state's prerogative (like leader opposition,etc), it should be left to party fund or individual to hire services of pvt agencies.

See what "Black water" ( mercenary agency) has on his sleeves - Ex presidents of US, EU, Celebrities across the world. Offcource they are allowed automatic weapons and india has to give licence to top graded agencies for automatic weapons.

rakeshsehrawat
December 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
i think govt should notify pvt security and grade them from z to whatever (as they do for government security covers).

And if it is not a state's prerogative (like leader opposition,etc), it should be left to party fund or individual to hire services of pvt agencies.

See what "Black water" ( mercenary agency) has on his sleeves - Ex presidents of US, EU, Celebrities across the world. Offcource they are allowed automatic weapons and india has to give licence to top graded agencies for automatic weapons.
Lakra ji bura mat man-na mein janta hoon yahan mazak karna aachi baat nahi par aapki fotu dekh ke raha nahi gaya
ARE koye lakra ji ki siparas karwa ke in ne bipasa ka bodyguard lua dyo

sidchhikara
December 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Politicians and celebrities should not be given tax payer funded security.

If you remove their security these politicians will be slapped around on the streets by random frustrated people. It will be fun. I also hope some terrorist sprays some AK burst on some of our fat, greasy, politicians. Its time they paid for their crimes instead of regular people dying in bomb blasts.

brahmtewatia
December 13th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Dear brother virendra, you have posted a good topic. but how many of us understand & are interested in such topics. you have seen example in this post itself. you being a old member of this forum, is there any use of sharing your views, sparing some time & taking pain to submit your ideas, specially when most of us are not interested to share, to listen, to understand, to follow rules of the forum & respect eachother and our elders. Ofcourse I am new to the forum but in this little time what I noticed is -except few members, rest are not behaing like a mature person. I am extreemely sorry for diverting your topic. No politician except the one, on govt chair, no celebraty specially from creckit & filmy world, deserve security on the coast of tax payers. But at present nothing can be done because majority is authority.

col fateh sir,

on the subject, i too agree with the views of everyone out here... still a lot of ppl elude taxes, indeed it is hard earned money for those who have the sense of responsibility - the taxpayers. off-course it shouldn't be wasted on providing this Z grade security wch in majority of the cases is totally uncalled for. my main concern to answer on this thread was to address your grievance.

sir, you too are a vry senior new member nd i've seen you posting very rational thoughts. ppl like you and col tevathia including other senior members are an asset to this portal. all i can say is please don't feel disheartened nd carry on the good work through yr worthy contributions... for sure it carries a lot of weight and meaning, at least for those who want you here. sir ji, different ppl think in different ways... please excuse them if they are at fault... one day they'll surely realise their own folly. JATland often times is like one of the most hostile terrains, even hostile than our siachin battlefield. ;)

remember the story of tht stingy scorpion and the saint. the saint kept on trying to help/save him, but scorpion also kept on stinging him... बिच्छू की फितरत में डंक मारना ही है, और साधु की फितरत है उसे बचाना... वैसे कभी कभी मैं भी डंक मारता हूँ. :D

so, please get accustomed to its ways. behind the scenes, i am sure yr well wishers are taking care of your concerns. :) i want to see you for long on this portal. :) pls. take some time to go on this thread >>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25361

p.s : quoting dev sir's signature "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY"

Fateh
December 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM
col fateh sir,

on the subject, i too agree with the views of everyone out here... still a lot of ppl elude taxes, indeed it is hard earned money for those who have the sense of responsibility - the taxpayers. off-course it shouldn't be wasted on providing this Z grade security wch in majority of the cases is totally uncalled for. my main concern to answer on this thread was to address your grievance.

sir, you too are a vry senior new member nd i've seen you posting very rational thoughts. ppl like you and col tevathia including other senior members are an asset to this portal. all i can say is please don't feel disheartened nd carry on the good work through yr worthy contributions... for sure it carries a lot of weight and meaning, at least for those who want you here. sir ji, different ppl think in different ways... please excuse them if they are at fault... one day they'll surely realise their own folly. JATland often times is like one of the most hostile terrains, even hostile than our siachin battlefield. ;)

remember the story of tht stingy scorpion and the saint. the saint kept on trying to help/save him, but scorpion also kept on stinging him... बिच्छू की फितरत में डंक मारना ही है, और साधु की फितरत है उसे बचाना... वैसे कभी कभी मैं भी डंक मारता हूँ. :D

so, please get accustomed to its ways. behind the scenes, i am sure yr well wishers are taking care of your concerns. :) i want to see you for long on this portal. :) pls. take some time to go on this thread >>> http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25361

p.s : quoting dev sir's signature "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY"

Agreed, thanks for consideration, feelings & respect you expressed.

anilsangwan
December 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Saachi bata dyun?

Yahaan par thook bolloney waalon mein se kisi ko MLA banna dyo... sabb ne security chahiyegi..... sabb ne acha laagega ki unn ki gaadi ke aagey peechey Chaun Chaun kati-od ek gaadiyan hon.....

Yeh aadarshwaadi tab tak hain jab tak in ke haath mein kuch na sei...

rameshlakra
December 16th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Saachi bata dyun?

Yahaan par thook bolloney waalon mein se kisi ko MLA banna dyo... sabb ne security chahiyegi..... sabb ne acha laagega ki unn ki gaadi ke aagey peechey Chaun Chaun kati-od ek gaadiyan hon.....

I dont agree. Have u met or known any of the above? .....NO......
So please dont pass judgement.

regards

anilsangwan
December 16th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I know and thats why telling. Secondly, I dont want you to agree either!!

You dont know that I know and still you have passed unwanted judgement!

regards

sachinb
December 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM
yes Sangwan bhai has met them and know them personally:rock,,,,,

if still doubt persists then it can be proved also:rock,,,,,theek hai Sangwan bhai

regards

VivekGathwala
December 22nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Thank you mebers for showing your interest in this thread but you guys wasted your time .cause you guys didn pour a single word of appriciation

Tevatia sir ,

i heard .... that if any body( filmstar/cricter )who request for the security from the govts ....for security reasons ..he /she will pay his expanses ....for the time span he is with him

didn knw very much about this

if they are using this without paying a single peni ...than they should have to pay for that or govts should apply this rule

Regards

Vivek Gathwala

raj2rif
December 22nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Thank you mebers for showing your interest in this thread but you guys wasted your time .cause you guys didn pour a single word of appriciation

Tevatia sir ,

i heard .... that if any body( filmstar/cricter )who request for the security from the govts ....for security reasons ..he /she will pay his expanses ....for the time span he is with him

didn knw very much about this

if they are using this without paying a single peni ...than they should have to pay for that or govts should apply this rule

Regards

Vivek Gathwala

Dear Mr. Vivek,

When Civil Government of the State, requisitions the services of Army, they are billed by the ministry of defense, and paid by either the state government using the services of the army or by the home ministry.

The problem comes in using the people of the police force, which is a state level organization. I don't think NSG gets paid for using them for the operations, since the very definition of NSG makes it an organization responsible mainly helping in the internal security matters. I am not very sure whether or not they come under ministry of home affairs. I assume they do.

My problem is not with as to what department controls them. The problem is about the legitimate use of these forces, their training and equipment. While NSG is well trained and well equipped, same is not the case with the State Police Organizations. I think in early 80s I visited one police post in Ghaziabad town. They had few .303 rifles with them. Out of my curiosity I checked the sate of these rifles. I was shocked to see their barrels totally dirty to the extent that probably they were unfit for firing.

The problem here is two fold. The state governments are responsible for equipping them with better weapons, while the police force is responsible for maintaining them and keeping them worthy of use.

Mrs. Mayawati spent crores of rupees in building Mr. Ambedkar's statues all over the state, she could have spent that money gainfully by equipping the UP Police. I am sure Mr. Ambedkar's soul would have found much peace with that. But that would not have fetched her the majority she got in subsequent elections.

There are really many ways that we can improve each and every thing that we have in our country. I don't think money is the problem. The legitimate use of that money is the problem. Every one want to have his/her cut from the budgets. I see, Mother India crying every day while our law makers and even we all drift from doing our duties honestly.

raj2rif
December 22nd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Dear Vivek,

I missed out the main issue. While the rich people can pay for the security personnel they use for their personal security, the question is about the availability of these forces for national duties.

There are private security services, and the rich civilian people should use the services of these organizations for their personal security. BCCI certainly can afford it for the cricketers if they feel threat to their life.

Fateh
December 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
Beta Anil, in this (THOOK BELONA) main person is col vs Tavathia, I wonder if you know him & his personality, also you are too young to use such words about all those who posted their views before you. And if you were hinting on some of your friends in that case you should have named them. It is not obligatory to write in all threads & nobody is expected to know every thing. An educated person is he who behaves like an educated. We all are a family members & must behave like one family. This is from an elder brother & not a fauji, for the benifit of an younger brother, so take it positively & in a right spirit. REgards

anilsangwan
December 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM

sumitsehrawat
December 22nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Okay, among the brothers let the youngest one reply this...

First of all, I don’t really appreciate you bringing out Col Tavathia’s name here. Though I don’t know him personally but then of all the time (close to 4 years) that I have spent on this website I have never noticed anything malicious in any of his posts. Let me assure you that he has all our respect... and trust me ‘well-deserved’ respect. And the way he’s been guiding and discussing genuine issues here I don’t see him lose any fraction of it.

Fateh Sir, as far as I know Anil, he would never use such terminologies for anyone he doesn’t know. Probably he would confirm this the time he reads this post. I am sure he did not mean it for the people posting in this thread but for a few ‘noble’ Jatland members here who do nothing but formulating all the tricks in the world to win community laurels. Ouch!! Sounds silly... but it's the truth. Let me not name any such member unless you and many more wish to see LIVE Mahabharat here. Moreover, ‘thook-bilona’…Sir, I agree it’s a jargon but its usage doesn’t belittle anyone. As far as I understand… it means “blabbering waste”…which many of us actually do.

“It is not obligatory to write in all threads & nobody is expected to know every thing”
Sir, the very mention of the above statement shows that you have taken offence. But, for what? For one person expressing himself in two or three different threads? I would be surprised and more so shocked if Anil himself had proclaimed falsely that he knows everything and all that stuff. I don’t think he would ever do that. I would request you to provide a link for that particular post, if it exists. On things beyond the last point I made… let anyone write anything as and how he/she feels fine. If the discussion takes a downturn then we have worthy moderators to protect the sanctity of the forum. Let’s not pinpoint anyone on his/her writing as much he/she is.

I too hope this would be taken in right spirits by my ‘engaged’ elder brothers.

Beta Anil, in this (THOOK BELONA) main person is col vs Tavathia, I wonder if you know him & his personality, also you are too young to use such words about all those who posted their views before you. And if you were hinting on some of your friends in that case you should have named them. It is not obligatory to write in all threads & nobody is expected to know every thing. An educated person is he who behaves like an educated. We all are a family members & must behave like one family. This is from an elder brother & not a fauji, for the benifit of an younger brother, so take it positively & in a right spirit. REgards

anilsangwan
December 22nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
Dear Fateh Uncle ji,

Namaskaar!

Please do not draw conclusion (without knowing full thing) as you have been. You have no right to name someone here for sake of creating confusion among members. Col Tevetia ji is very respected member and I respect him a lot.

Let me remind that similar thing you did in "Chand Mohammad" thread. Then when I told you about things over PM, you called me on my cell phone and apologized for your comments. Now, you are repeating same thing here and drawing conslusion without knowing things.

I m not sorry for anything here because I did not mean to derogate anyone!!

sachinb
December 22nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
My unconditional support to Sangwan Bhai:rock I second his oppinion:rock

Dear Fateh Uncle ji,

Namaskaar!

Let me remind that similar thing you did in "Chand Mohammad" thread. Then when I told you about things over PM, you called me on my cell phone and apologized for your comments. Now, you are repeating same thing here and drawing conslusion without knowing things.

I m not sorry for anything here because I did not mean to derogate anyone!!

raj2rif
December 23rd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Dear Sumit, Anil and Sachin,

Thanks a lot for your gratitude and kind words for me. I am really greatfull to all of you.

I think you people have misunderstood Mr. Kharab's post. I don't think he meant any ill feelings or offense towards me or any one else. I have never met Mr. Kharab, but what I can assume from here, he is a very elderly member and does deserve respect of all of us. I am sure in times to come we would benefit more from his experience in life and in his profession.

I would say, let us move on with the discussion and contribute to the best of our abilities.

Fateh
December 23rd, 2008, 06:20 AM
My dear Anil & supporters, you poeple have not understood my post . However, i am sorry for not been able to explain properly my point. Anil earlier post also i was misunderstood & it was my decency , i called you & said sorry. Any way it seems there is no point in correcting any body. I forgot that i am younger on this forum and because i joined latter so i should withdraw, to keep the forum away fromlong battle as hinted by some one here, be happy, enjoy, progress in life & agood luck to all of you.

raj2rif
December 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
My dear Anil & supporters, you poeple have not understood my post . However, i am sorry for not been able to explain properly my point. Anil earlier post also i was misunderstood & it was my decency , i called you & said sorry. Any way it seems there is no point in correcting any body. I forgot that i am younger on this forum and because i joined latter so i should withdraw, to keep the forum away fromlong battle as hinted by some one here, be happy, enjoy, progress in life & agood luck to all of you.

Dear Kharab Sahab,

I am sorry if any one of us have hurt your feelings. All these people are our younger genertation and it is our duty to guide them with whatever experience we may have. But at the same time we must not discourage them to express their feelings.

English is a foreign language to all of us. Some times we do write some thing that can be easily misunderstood by many of us. So let us not take these small things to heart and move on.

We all have a lot to contribute and onus is more on us the older people. Let me assure you one thing, the younger generation does have a lot of excellent ideas and we must understand their way of thinking. We need to change with the time too.

If you feel hurt on any thing from any member, I extend my apologies on their behalf. Kindly keep contributing positively on the forum. I hope you would continue to be active on the site.

anilsangwan
December 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you sir. Last post from my side to close this branch. Sorry for deviating the thread... Let us try to bring it back on track and contribute positively.

I would say, let us move on with the discussion and contribute to the best of our abilities.

sunitahooda
December 23rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Anil....members are bound to get upset if you use a term like "THOOK BILLONA" instead you could write"BREAKING THE KEYBOARD" Unless you IMAGINE all members speaking these dialogues rather than writing:D

Z security? why they need it beacause they know that they have upset people by not fulfilling what they promised in elections and ofcourse for a status symbol also and Anil is right if he says ke chaun-chaun karti gaadi sab nai aachi lagya kare....these days even a normal man get fitted a horn that sounds like a V.I.P's vehicle or a police van:)
Saachi bata dyun?

vikrantsiwag
December 23rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
We know that celebrities are public figures and terminally they are like public property, they come under terrorists scrutiny just because they carry huge public admiration with them. Also they too pay taxes and that too in huge amounts so if they are threatened by anything they must be provided security.

But also they are very much self sufficient of paying for their own security, so they should pay for it themselves. In case some celebrity is not able to take care of it he/she must be provided with an ample one.

I think politicians and among them even a run of mill politician even, like to show off and there is no absolute/imminent danger to their lives. So their huge security cover should be scrapped immediately, one or two gunmen are more than sufficient for them.

anilsangwan
December 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Bhai apne yahaan par politicians ne khud "huwwa" create kar rakha hai......aur kuch hadh tak hum bhi jimmewar hain.... I have been to many countries and never seen laal-batti aali gaadis of VIPs.... They believe in simplicity...

When I was in Sweden, Foreign Minister of Sweden "Anna Lindh" was murdered by some migrant guy... and you know where.. when she was out to buy vegetables for her family. She was stabbed to death with a simple knife. This proves that they do not need security and they dont want to create this kind hype that they are VIPs...

India mein kisi minister ne boojh lyo ne agar waa Sabji khareed lyawe toh? Er je waa chali bhi gayi toh 10-15 commanddo uss k saath hongey...

They dont want to live like a common man. They want to maintain that gap... and thats why security!!

Sorry, agar maine "THOOK BILLOYA" ...oops " Breaking the keyboard" karya ho toh :rock

raj2rif
December 23rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Bhai apne yahaan par politicians ne khud "huwwa" create kar rakha hai......aur kuch hadh tak hum bhi jimmewar hain.... I have been to many countries and never seen laal-batti aali gaadis of VIPs.... They believe in simplicity...

When I was in Sweden, Foreign Minister of Sweden "Anna Lindh" was murdered by some migrant guy... and you know where.. when she was out to buy vegetables for her family. She was stabbed to death with a simple knife. This proves that they do not need security and they dont want to create this kind hype that they are VIPs...

India mein kisi minister ne boojh lyo ne agar waa Sabji khareed lyawe toh? Er je waa chali bhi gayi toh 10-15 commanddo uss k saath hongey...

They dont want to live like a common man. They want to maintain that gap... and thats why security!!

Sorry, agar maine "THOOK BILLOYA" ...oops " Breaking the keyboard" karya ho toh :rock

Dear Anil,

जब मंत्री जी सब्जी लेने जायेंगे, तो शहर की आधी पुलिस तो मंत्री जी के आगे पीछे होगी, और सब्जी वाले को मुफ्त में सब्जी देने में बड़ी खुशी होगी, वो मंत्री जी के साथ फोटो खिंचवायेगा और उसके बाद लोगों से मंत्री जी से उनके नाजायज काम करवाने के पैसे लेने लगेगा, मतलब एक और नेता बन जाएगा और फिर उसे भी सिक्यूरिटी की ज़रूरत पड़ेगी, आम तौर पर यही होता है,

sumitsehrawat
December 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yes Sir, I completely agree we should arm at least our policemen and commandos with technologically advanced weapons, obviously, with the know-how.

As for the security of the ministers and of those employed in the government, the financial liability would come down to tax-payers only. Where else the government is going to bring in money otherwise? I am fine with it. In any case, our money goes waste. A few ministers have been caught throwing 'our' money at bar-girls. For cricketers I agree that BCCI should be responsible in providing security cover, if they need any. There was this news a few days back that Yuvraj left out of his hotel in Mohali/Chandigarh without permission from the authority (BCCI offical) and in disagreement with those who were employed as his security cover, who were doing nothing but their duty. He had to meet his father at their Sector 17 petrol pump, as has been said. The policemen (two) followed him and were again abused (and one slapped-was not covered in news) at the petrol pump for not letting him 'free'. If such is the way these securitymen are to be treated then why to employ them there? On other thoughts, I wonder why Yuvraj would fear anyone in Chandigarh for the reason you cited in your post Sir... many ministers and businessmen have links to criminals.... also many of them are themselves criminals... some chitput and some with real big name. Let me not go into the details here.

Let's checkout this piece of news: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/1000_armed_guards_for_Punjab_CM_kin/articleshow/3837413.cms
1000 armed guards for Punjab CM kin. Wow! It seems Punjab CM's families (immediate and extended) are having a time of their life.

Sir, I am not sure how much security would be adequate. It's very much possible a typical minister dies of heart failure when a bomb explodes at a distance of 100 meters from him. In that case even 1000 security men armed with missiles cannot save him. I think we need to look for young ministers and request rest (vishraam) for those who have already touched their 70s. They can be mentors or something but not ministers representing the country. If not then don't provide them any security... provide them three meals a day. A Laughter therapy... some yoga... something. It seems many of them drink day and night and hardly eat. An Ambassador has been changed to a Mercedes but still they fall down while getting out of it. We don't really need such SUPERMANs.

As for our current Prime Minister's security, as long as he cherishes Sonia Gandhi's backing he's secure. [on a lighter note]