PDA

View Full Version : If u are a indian please read

sandeeprana
December 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Dear all my friends

U CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE INDIAN ECONOMY BY FOLLOWING FEW SIMPLE STEPS.

Please spare a couple of minutes here........ for the sake of India ... our country..

I got this article from one of my friend, but it's true, I can see this from day to day life, Small example,

Before 5 months 1 CAN $ = IND Rs 32
After 5 months. Now it is 1 CAN $ = IND Rs 37

Do you think Canadian Economy is booming? No, but Indian Economy is Going Down. Our Economy is in u'r hands

INDIAN economy is in a crisis. Our country like many other ASIAN countries is undergoing a severe economic crunch. Many INDIAN industries are closing down. The INDIAN economy is in a crisis and if we do not take proper steps to control those, we will be in a critical situation.

More than 30000 crore rupees of foreign exchange are being siphoned out of our country on products such as cosmetics, snacks, tea, beverages... . etc which are grown, produced and consumed here .

A cold drink that costs only 70 / 80 paisa to produce is sold for NINE rupees, and a major chunk of profits from these are sent abroad. This is a serious drain on INDIAN economy.

"COCA COLA "and" SPRITE" belong to the same multinational company, "COCA COLA"?

Coke advertisements says ' JO CHAHO HOJAYE, COCACOLA ENJOY' (Whatever the hell, let it happen, you drink coke) What can you do?

You can consider some of the better alternatives to aerated drinks.

You can drink LEMON JUICE, FRESH FRUIT JUICES, CHILLED LASSI (SWEET OR SOUR), BUTTER MILK, COCONUT WATER, JALJEERA, ENERJEE, MASALA MILK........ ..

Everyone deserves a healthy drink, including you!
Over and above all this, economic sanctions have been imposed on us. We have nothing against Multinational companies, but to protect our own interests we request everybody to use INDIAN products only for next two years. With the rise in petrol prices, if we do not do this, the rupee will devalue further and we will end up paying much more for the same products in the near future.

What you can do about it?

1. Buy only products manufactured by WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.
2. ENROLL as many people as possible for this cause.

Each individual should become a leader for this awareness.

This is the only way to save our country from severe economic crisis. You don't need to give-up your lifestyle. You just need to choose an alternate product.

All categories of products are available from WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.

LIST OF PRODUCTS

BATHING SOAP: USE - CINTHOL & OTHER GODREJ BRANDS, SANTOOR, WIPRO SHIKAKAI, MYSORE SANDAL, MARGO, NEEM, EVITA, MEDIMIX, GANGA , NIRMA BATH & CHANDRIKA

INSTEAD OF - LUX, LIFEBOY, REXONA, LIRIL, DOVE, PEARS, HAMAM, LESANCY, CAMAY, PALMOLIVE

TOOTH PASTE: USE - NEEM, BABOOL, PROMISE, VICO VAJRADANTI, PRUDENT, DABUR PRODUCTS, MISWAK

INSTEAD OF - COLGATE, CLOSE UP, PEPSODENT, CIBACA, FORHANS, MENTADENT.

TOOTH BRUSH: USE - PRUDENT, AJANTA , PROMISE

INSTEAD OF - COLGATE, CLOSE UP, PEPSODENT, FORHANS, ORAL-B

SHAVING CREAM: USE - GODREJ, EMANI

INSTEAD OF - PALMOLIVE, OLD SPICE, GILLETE

BLADE: USE - SUPERMAX, TOPAZ, LAZER, ASHOKA

INSTEAD OF - SEVEN-O -CLOCK, 365, GILLETTE

TALCUM POWDER: USE - SANTOOR, GOKUL, CINTHOL, WIPRO BABY POWDER, BOROPLUS

INSTEAD OF - PONDS, OLD SPICE, JOHNSON BABY POWDER, SHOWER TO SHOWER

MILK POWDER: USE - INDIANA, AMUL, AMULYA

INSTEAD OF - ANIKSPRAY, MILKANA, EVERYDAY MILK, MILKMAID.

SHAMPOO: USE - LAKME, NIRMA, VELVET

INSTEAD OF - HALO, ALL CLEAR, NYLE, SUNSILK, HEAD AND SHOULDERS, PANTENE

MOBILE CONNECTIONS USE - BSNL, AIRTEL

INSTEAD OF - HUTCH

Every INDIAN product you buy makes a big difference. It saves INDIA . Let us take a firm decision today.BUY INDIAN TO BE INDIAN we are not against of foreign products.

WE ARE NOT ANTI-MULTINATIONAL.

WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE OUR NATION. EVERY DAY IS A STRUGGLE FOR A REAL FREEDOM.

WE ACHIEVED OUR INDEPENDENCE AFTER LOSING MANY LIVES. THEY DIED PAINFULLY TO ENSURE THAT WE LIVE PEACEFULLY. THE CURRENT TREND IS VERY THREATENING.

MULTINATIONALS CALL IT GLOBALISATION OF INDIAN ECONOMY.

FOR INDIANS LIKE YOU AND ME IT IS RECOLONISATION OF INDIA ...

THE COLONIST'S LEFT INDIA THEN. BUT THIS TIME THEY WILL MAKE SURE THEY DON'T MAKE ANY MISTAKES.

WHO WOULD LIKE TO LET A" GOOSE THAT LAYS GOLDEN EGGS" SLIP AWAY. PLEASE REMEMBER: POLITICAL FREEDOM IS USELESS WITHOUT ECONOMIC INDEPENDENCE .

RUSSIA , S.KOREA , MEXICO ...........THE LIST IS VERY LONG!!

LET US LEARN FROM THEIR EXPERIENCE AND FROM OUR HISTORY. LET US DO THE DUTY OF EVERY TRUE INDIAN.

FINALLY: IT'S OBVIOUS THAT U CAN'T GIVE UP ALL OF THE ITEMS MENTIONED ABOVE,

SO GIVE UP ATLEAST ONE ITEM TO FOR THE SAKE OF OUR COUNTRY.

We would be sending useless forwards to our friends daily.
Instead please forward this mail to all your friends to create awareness.

"LITTLE DROPS MAKE A GREAT OCEAN

ram6april
December 20th, 2008, 03:12 AM
i wonder there is no reply on such a nice thoughts.. n brilliant post... i request ppl plzz read this and try to do little bit as requested... its very very easy to do things here which makes big difference...

only problem with us Indian is most of us always thinks that '' Mere ekle karan te ke farak pade sai''' thats truth everyone thinks that but i disagree.. and whenever i m at home i had an argument with many with diff point .. n tried to convince ppl... for example Driving .. and seat belt.. its very rare u find ppl using seat belt.. and wen driving is rough.. and in blowing horn may be we are first... there are so many small things like that .. other example is use of plastic bag......

i request ppl plzz read this article and forward all ur frineds..

regards

Ram

Fateh
December 20th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I fully agree , the thread is very important. Today no country wants to capture your land & poeple, but every other nation is keen to capture economy of another nation. The way Chinees items have started covering space in our markets, I am sure our producers will run away & Lassi will be left for Indians & Makhan will go away. I fully sport the idea & from today I shall buy maximum Indian items.

deependra
December 20th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I also agree with the opinion that we should go for the Indian products to save our economy. Its not like that the foreign brands are superior to our indian brands. I think most of the times people prefer to puchase the foreign products for the sake of showing off. But that should not be our attitude. We must go for our desi products which are better in many cases.

yudhvirmor
December 20th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I dont agree of this Sawdeshi moment.. It a time of Globalization and we have to live with it. If we'll not import, there will not be any export.

Its give and take.. We can't be self reliant as we have so many industries who depends upon exports.

we can think about building MNC who can have global footprints. company like Tata, Reliance, TCS, Amul etc...

ram6april
December 20th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Yudhvir u r right on ur point BUT is that gud to buy everything made outside india... only requested is to buy little made in india...globlization is gud thing but it will be better if we buy something indian... all MNC 's in india are for there profit first.. koi bhi company ya person sabse pehle apnaa faydaa dekhtaa hai...so all these MNC's are here... aur rahi baat apne product use karne ki to saayad its gud for indian economy .. as someone said .. some ppl buy other products just to show offs.. n thats right.. i hope u know as well. co we do same sometime... i dont know abt u but i know many ppl personelly .. who do like that as i do myself... i will give u an example..next time

Ram

I dont agree of this Sawdeshi moment.. It a time of Globalization and we have to live with it. If we'll not import, there will not be any export.

Its give and take.. We can't be self reliant as we have so many industries who depends upon exports.

we can think about building MNC who can have global footprints. company like Tata, Reliance, TCS, Amul etc...

mkm_jat
December 20th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Indeed a nice thought mail being circulated these days. I feel globalisation is good for economy but we should through our beloved Rupee to other countries for the shake of buying a Pepsi in 20Rs which costs only 1-2 Rupees to PepsiCo. Hum logon ko videshi brand hi pasand kyun chahe Indian Brands unse kitne bhi achhe ho. I dont think Westsport T-Shirt are less than any t-shirt of Adidas, RBK or Provogue, etc. but we dont even want to have a look at it because we want to use established brand. But never think that you are the one who make the brand popular. We dont buy westside stuff because we dont see any ads by our stars or cricketers of this brand.

I do use most of the indian products and found these are cheaper and better than those famous products by MNCs.

Do we know Unilever Ltd(earlier Hindustan Lever Ltd) is a dutch company? And we all are so dependent on Unilever, if they take out their product from indian market everyone will say I am not getting my favorite shampoo, soap, and toiletories.

I urge personally you all to use indian products.

Thanks,
Manoj

VivekGathwala
December 22nd, 2008, 03:08 AM
I AM NOT HERE TO WRITE THAT WHAT WE HAVE TO DO OR NOT .............EVERY THING IS FULLY EXPLAINED THERE

SO WHAT I CAN SAY IS

COUNT ME IN

I AM NO 7

DONT WORRY GUYS

NOW THE COUNT STARTS

Regards

Vivek Gathwala

coolphool
December 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
As one poster tried to point it out, there wont be any exports if there are no imports.

Whoever composed the material in the original post is a pinhead. He/She is looking at just one component of a very complicated global economic system. He/She (who I will call a pinhead for convenience sake :) ) if focusing just on the consumption of foreign produced/marketed goods and services in India. What the pinhead is missing is that other countries are consuming our goods and services just like we are consuming theirs.

I will give a simple example. Just like Coca Cola sells beverages in India, we sell our hi-tech services in the US. When they pick up their phone to get customer service, its most probably someone in Gurgaon, Bangalore etc who answers the phone. While we pay for their beverages they pay for our services.

If everyone started to adhere to some sort of economic-nationalism, we wont buy the Americans' beverages and they wont hire our college graduates to work in their call centers.

Of course their will be alternatives. Someone will sell aerated beverages in India under a local brand-name and someone in Boston instead of Bangalore will answer the customer services calls. And our college graduates will have to look for jobs elsewhere.

In the process we are limiting the possibilities and opportunities for the people in the two countries. Economic-nationalism hurts on both sides. People don't get to maximize their satisfaction for the money spent.

Another myth is that 80 paise per bottle cost of manufacturing for Coca Cola. Why dont people understand the 80 paise is very clearly the "cost of manufacturing." That is how much it costs to manufacture a bottle of Coke. There are other costs involved like: the cost of packaging and processing, the cost of transportation to the retailer, the cost of marketing, the cost of keeping the beverages cold etc.

The mythical 80 paise per bottle figure makes it look like Coke is shipping back 9 rupees and 20 paise (assuming the cost per bottle is 10 rupees) back to the United States. That is totally BS. The final margin per bottle is barely anything after paying off the employees who work at the plants, the people who transport Coke products, the marketing companies based somewhere in India who urge you to drink Coke, the retailer etc.

And then whatever the margin is, it is split with Coke's local business partners, most of who are the same guys who used to bottle Thumbs up, Campa Cola, Limca, Gold Spot etc. Whatever margin is left with Coke ends up with the share holder.

So dont get spooked by the idea that the Coca Cola CEO who has wears a fedora hat with a cigar in his mouth is stashing up cash in a super secret vault somewhere in Atlanta, US. By the way the CEO of Pepsi is Indira Nooyi and she doesnt wear fedora hats and doesnt smoke cigars.

Anyways, once the revenue from India reaches the US, it is used to pay te salaries of hi-tech workers in India. And the process goes on like this.

If we think that we have anything to gain by stopping this process, then we are highly mistaken. It will come back to hurt us worse that we could imagine. Imagine all the workers are Coke bottling plants being laid off. The marketing companies loose the Coke project. And not to forget, the Indian call center employees would be forced back into the job market that is smaller and weaker.

If you really want to make India economically strong then you need to get the best value out of your money. For some the best value might come by choosing Nirma over Tide. For others it might come by choosing Tide over Nirma. If you are getting the best value out of your rupee then you are maximizing its value.

For me, maximizing the value of my money means spending it meaningfully and not splurging it around. I try to save as much as possible. For me money is worth the most in a bank account instead of in a flat-screen TV. I have convinced atleast 5 friends and family members to conserve and invest money back in India. One friend just lent 50,000 dollars to a cousin in India to buy an apartment. He has saved another 50,0000 dollars in gold. Another friend who was once waiting for his Green Card has saved 250,000 dollars and is now focussing on moving back to India and invest the money there.

The overall economy of any country isnt better off by making choice from among a restricted list of alternatives, but by choosing from among an endless list of possibilites. Consumer needs to have more choice.

Consumers get more choices if local business compete with foreign ones. Competition from foreign producers induces the domestic ones to become more competitive and to pay a closer attention to consumer requirements. This brings an over all product to the market that is better and more economical.

I would like to close by discussing China. It is strange how the country has literally flooded the world with products manufactured in its factories, but the man on the street is yet to benefit. It seems as if though the prosperity has failed to trickle down from the top to the bottom.

Millions of Chinese slug it out day after day in factories, but the standard of living for an average person in that country has barely improved. Unlike India, we dont know of recent entreprenuer-millionaires in China.

Apparently, the Chinese government is the only one that is benefitting from the economic boom, as it runs these slave factories. It is not sharing the prosperity with its people.
The money the Chinese government makes from selling its products to the rest of the world does not go towards innovation and development. It may go towards arms reasearch and production. I wonder who are they going to invade with an Army that is bigger than the entire populations of several-average size countries put together.

Every day China is constructing coal-powered power plants that spew carbon in the atmosphere, which pollutes as far and wide as California on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

What use is an economic development if there wont be an earth left behind for our generations to come? China apparently is very short-sighted.

China is a classical example of what would happend if we were to devoid our people of choices at the most basic level. We will loose our vision and purpose on earth, in the long run. It wont just hurt us at the moment, but will hurt generations to come.

So next time, you pick up that bottle of "masala-milk," as yourself a simple question: "is this what I really want to spend my money on?"

sumitsehrawat
December 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
And more so when a country knowingly fall in fire by adopting 'one-child' policy. Anyways...
Phool... nice reply... if I had I wouldn't have written any different. Good enough for the ignorant 'economic-nationalists' to understand.

China is a classical example of what would happend if we were to devoid our people of choices at the most basic level. We will loose our vision and purpose on earth, in the long run. It wont just hurt us at the moment, but will hurt generations to come.

mkm_jat
December 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Phool your arguments are good but what is bad in having Masala Milk over Pepsi/Coke which is not good for health and moneywise as well. I still feel buying Indian product is always better than buying MNCs, as I stated earlier that I use most of the Indian products which I found better than that so-called MNC branded products.

People go for the MNC Product for showing brands, simple thinking in India is to buy branded product as they considered better than others whether other product is cheaper and better in quality.

So I would say have a look at Indian product use and try and find yourself which product you should use?

Thanks,
Manoj

sumitsehrawat
December 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Manoj bhai,

This is one big misconception. I think, generally, people (Indian and non-Indians) buy what they think is appropriate to their needs and/or wants (obviously). Let all the products be everywhere... and then let people (Indian and non-Indians) decide what satiates them. Everyone's keen on value-for-money... even Ambani can't splurge for long. If you still persist that we 'Indian' people buy only branded products just for the sake of it... then its time to propose measures to bring out those people from such fallacies. I don't particularly give a thumbs-up to this false-notion though.

By the way, world is not thriving on only Coke and Masala-Milk (What on earth is Masala-Milk???)...

People go for the MNC Product for showing brands, simple thinking in India is to buy branded product as they considered better than others whether other product is cheaper and better in quality.

VPannu
December 22nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
(What on earth is Masala-Milk???)He is probably talking about the condensed/powdered milk. Rest he knows better.

mkm_jat
December 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thats what I am saying let the people try and decide. I argue that I found most of the indian product better than others. I dont say that I never use non-indian products at all but I favor to use Indian products and request try once if you feel good use it otherwise dont use. Thats true that everybody looks for value-for-money.

Yes, I definitely accept that world not thriving on only Coke and Masala-Milk but "बून्द बून्द से घडा भरता है।"

Manoj bhai,
By the way, world is not thriving on only Coke and Masala-Milk (What on earth is Masala-Milk???)...

coolphool
December 22nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I use most of the Indian products which I found better than that so-called MNC branded products.
Manoj

Well You are proving my point. You are maximizing the value of your money by buying products that give you the most satisfaction.

People who buy MNC products are doing just what you are doing and that is trying to get the maximum possible satisfaction for their money spent. Maybe their showing off their brand names forms a part of their overall satisfaction.

coolphool
December 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
All I can say is that in the end the best product for the money, always wins. Economic nationalism doesn't work. Try all you want.

At the end of the day everyone has limited resources and everyone want to get the best value for what they have. It really wont matter where a product is made (for most people), or who it is made by. People will buy the best their money will allow them to.

However, there will always be people who will buy products Made in India. Dont forget that their country of origin of the product plays a bigger part in their buying decision than it does for those who do not care where the product was manufactured.

ansha
December 29th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Whilst supporting home produced goods we should however boycott
firms employing child labour.
Not only are backyard sweat shops guilty of this practice but medium to
large firms exporting to First World countries have been guilty.