PDA

View Full Version : 32 GB FAKE Pen Drive..Kingston...WARNING..!!!!!!!!

saurabhjaglan
December 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Request to all My Jat Land Friends...
not to buy any Kingston 32 Gb Pen drive..watso ever they are going to give it to you only in 100 rupees....
as these are completely FAKE...
Only it has 1gb storage space.
Strangely, the program installed inside is showing 30gb even after you've formatted several times.
You can copied nearly 7x4gb files in it.
But you cant open any of files in OS(windows/linux).
All Kingston 32gb drives are FAKE.
And most of 32gb flash drives are also FAKE.
Do not buy or try. You'll be in trouble or headache.
This is not actually question.
This is a really WARNING for all USB flash drive users.
The Problems you can face after buying it:-
1.you can put 32 Gb data in it ...but you cant retrieve data from it..as it creates only and only image files of those not any data(written) on it.
2.It can corrupt ur windows and in 99% cases its YES.

Please also guide it to ur friends..

Thanks and Regards,
Jaglan

Nishantrathi82
December 30th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Correct 100% Fake kindly don't purchase that.

sachinb
December 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Bhai,,,aisa koyi tareeka nikal sakta hai ki hum Image se idea lagale apne data ke baare mein,,,,

When we are able to put 32 GB inside it ,,,atleast its there in the drive,,,,kam te kam bahar to biraan nahi gaya na,,,,,ab sawal uthata hai ki uski images kaise padhe,,,,,iska koye tareeka nikaalna chaahiye bhai,,,,,32 GB ka pen drive cheej to kasuti se,,,,bas thodi si modification ki to jarurat se,,,,,Data ki image bahar kaadh ke usne padh lyo,,,,shayad kaam chaal jyaa

1.you can put 32 Gb data in it ...but you cant retrieve data from it..as it creates only and only image files of those not any data(written) on it.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaglan

vivektaliyan
December 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
not to buy any Kingston 32 Gb Pen drive..watso ever they are going to give it to you only in 100 rupees....
Strangely, the program installed inside is showing 30gb even after you've formatted several times.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaglan

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaa:(:(:(

Are koi muze sambhalo yaarooooooooo....Hai mein lutgaya barbad ho gaya..are jaglan tera naas ho ja:D....eb te pehle khan tha tu...pehle bata deta to mein lutne te bach jatta.....:(

Friends huya nu ak (i am working in retail as a store manager) 10 din pehle mere mall mein ek aadmi aaya jo kingston ki yahi 32 gb vali pendrive leraha tha. usne bataya ek vo sarri ki sarri custom ka maal hai er saste mein de dega. meine uste 2 pendrive 32 gb ki le li 500-500 rs mein...pehle use meine batha ke rakha are computer pe check karta raha...data jaa raha tha ar space kam ho raha tha....meine soccha ek tera to daon lag gya hai..:D ar 500 mein le ke 1000 mein bach diye....us aadmi ne pure mall mein ve vali pen drive bacchi...kisi ko 7000 mein to kisi ko 1000 mein...meine phare gharu lejake check kari to ....jo jaglan bhai ne bataya vahi hua...eb mein ke karu..

mere 1000 rs....:o

Are bhaiyo kisi ko chahiye ho to bata dena..:D

But vo asli kingston nahi hai...

Asli kingston per product code hota hai, pen drive per stamp hoti hai..jo in fake 32 gb par nahi hai....so friends be aware ...

mein to lut gya is jaglan ki vajha te.....:p:p

rakeshsehrawat
December 31st, 2008, 08:50 AM

Thanks and Regards,
Jaglan

Next time when you want to buy computer hardware go to Nehru Palace so that people can save their time by not getting such a crap and jatland will save wastage of one thread if you want good things you have to pay.You won't get even poision for free.

If you buy pendrive from palika bazar you will face same problem cost will be hardly 300-500 bucks but if you get it from Nehru palace you will get replacement and repair warranty but cost will be many many times more you can get 8gb for 650 thre i haven't checked for 32 gb

anilsangwan
December 31st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I also met one person who was selling this kind of Pen drives. I had jaglan's post in mind and I checked the pen drive immediately by storing 32 GB stuff in it... Lekin it could not store. So, I didnt buy it...

PS: Yday's discussion is deleted by Maniisha ji... so new discussion started to make people aware about the real issue... :)

sachinb
December 31st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Same here Sangwan bhai,,,,,,,I was passing through Chandni Chowk in Delhi and one small guy came selling the 32 GB Pen Drive,,,since the information was already disseminated by Jaglan bhai so I thought why not try and test it...

Bhai maine vahin par aapna Laptop Kholya,,,Pen Drive lagaya aur 32 GB Data store kar diya,,,,,,bhai Hairani ki baat thi ke,,,,32 GB data store to hogyaa,,,,,par jab main usne retrieve karan laagya to,,,sukki Image deekhi,,,sabat data ki,,

pher manne vo chhora dhamkaya

PS:- mine posts were also deleted saying Time Pass:). The above post has been written with very serious mind.

VPannu
December 31st, 2008, 09:56 AM
Yesterday I also met one person who was selling this kind of Pen drives. I had jaglan's post in mind and I checked the pen drive immediately by storing 32 GB stuff in it... Lekin it could not store. So, I didnt buy it...
PS: Yday's discussion is deleted by Maniisha ji... so new discussion started to make people aware about the real issue... :)
PS: Yday's ,and today's too, discussion is deleted by Maniisha ji... so new discussion started to make people aware about the real issue... :)

anilsangwan
December 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Bhai sachin,

This shows that racket of nakli thumb drive is strong and people are fooled everywhere. At least we hv examples of Delhi and Chandigarh with in a day.....

Request some technical gurus on Jatland who can update us... how these NAKLI pendrives are made and how come these people are making money even after selling it in 100 rupees or so.....

Lets have a serious discussion this time!

:)

Same here Sangwan bhai,,,,,,,I was passing through Chandni Chowk in Delhi and one small guy came selling the 32 GB Pen Drive,,,

yudhvirmor
December 31st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Bhai sachin,

This shows that racket of nakli thumb drive is strong and people are fooled everywhere. At least we hv examples of Delhi and Chandigarh with in a day.....

Request some technical gurus on Jatland who can update us... how these NAKLI pendrives are made and how come these people are making money even after selling it in 100 rupees or so.....

Bhai maine bhi kal ek kala chora 32 GB pen drive beche thaa Singapore main... Maine bhi check kari toh wahe storey thee.. I think its a international racket. we should involve some higher authorties...

rahultokas
December 31st, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yo tai kamaal ki baat hogii bhai.. ibbey thodii haan pehlaa mhaarey office mai bhee ek Suited booted tie laayaa odd chorraa Kingston ki 32GB aalii pen drive bechann aa gyaa thaa.. parr wohey thaarii aalii baaat manney Mr. Jaglan ki WARNING yaaad aagiii.. arr office k kai employee bachaa liyee manney...

Thanks Mr. Jaglaan...

PS:- mine posts were also deleted saying Time Pass.:)

Same here Sangwan bhai,,,,,,,I was passing through Chandni Chowk in Delhi and one small guy came selling the 32 GB Pen Drive,,,since the information was already disseminated by Jaglan bhai so I thought why not try and test it...

Bhai maine vahin par aapna Laptop Kholya,,,Pen Drive lagaya aur 32 GB Data store kar diya,,,,,,bhai Hairani ki baat thi ke,,,,32 GB data store to hogyaa,,,,,par jab main usne retrieve karan laagya to,,,sukki Image deekhi,,,sabat data ki,,

pher manne vo chhora dhamkaya

PS:- mine posts were also deleted saying Time Pass:). The above post has been written with very serious mind.

sunitahooda
December 31st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Ab to ye pen drives Gurgaon ke SADAR BAZAAR mein bhi bikkney lagi hain....and guess what in Sabzi mandi:o when i was all set to buy fresh fruits a guy came and tried to sell a fake pen drive with Kingston written on it.....Thanks to Jaglan....Saved my money....ye to pendrive hai bt how to save ourselves from FAKE-IDS ON JATLAND:rockModerators hame bachao....aap log to fake nai hai na:D;)
Bhai sachin,

sachinb
December 31st, 2008, 11:59 AM
Sunita ji ya galat baat se aapki,,,,,itna serious technical discussion chaal rhyaa ar aapne Moderators ki fake id lyaa ke pher is thread ki Deesha badal di,,,,,ib aale se Samar ar Manishaa ka message aap dhore,,,,delete karan ka,,,,ke yu time pass se.......kilkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
pahlya Pen drive ne discuss kar lyaa ek be

JATLAND:rockModerators hame bachao....aap log to fake nai hai na:D;)

sunitahooda
December 31st, 2008, 12:08 PM
Fer ibb ek haftey baad k daurra padd gya inn kai.....roz lakhaya kartey arr ye door-door tai:D
Sunita ji ya galat baat se aapki,,,,,itna serious technical discussion chaal rhyaa ar aapne Moderators ki fake id lyaa ke pher is thread ki Deesha badal di,,,,,ib aale se Samar ar Manishaa ka message aap dhore,,,,delete karan ka,,,,ke yu time pass se.......kilkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
pahlya Pen drive ne discuss kar lyaa ek be

anilsangwan
December 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM
No technical comments from any network experts on this issue.. Yeh Nakli pendrives hamarey IT k infrastructure ko khaa rahi hain.... :( Sarkaar kya kar rahi hai iss baarey mein??

sumitsehrawat
December 31st, 2008, 01:07 PM
Well, I was so wrong in judging it to be another rumour downgrading 'Kingston' - the company. But Mr. Jaglan is right.

Look how coincidental it is... I met this bloke at The Boulevard (Hull City's home stadium)yesterday where I had gone to see Hull City taking on Aston Villa in yet another EPL encounter. And guess what, he offered me the very much infamous 32GB Kingston Flash Drive. I tried to shun him off but when he offered me 'live' data from Phil Brown's mouthpiece... I thought to give it try. Much to my own embarrassment he was right... I could hear Phil Brown in conversation with his technical associates. I was thrilled. But later due to some noise interference (caused at our end) Mr. Brown lost the connections and Hull City lost 0-1 to Aston Villa. It was a nice game and I bought the flash drive. As I moved out of the stadium I thought of 'playing' the recorded conversation again... and to my own amusement I found that I was duped.

Heard a similar incident from my Pakistaani friend here... seems like the entire Yorkshire is being targeted... especially us - the 'brown' Asians.

How I wish I had taken Mr Jaglan's advice seriously... I would have saved 40 Great Britian Pounds. I am on fast today:(!!

anilsangwan
December 31st, 2008, 01:47 PM
OMG !!!! This racket is spread acorss the world !!! :mad:

Well, I was so wrong in judging it to be another rumour downgrading 'Kingston' - the company. But Mr. Jaglan is right.

Look how coincidental it is... I met this bloke at The Boulevard (Hull City's home stadium)yesterday where I had gone to see Hull City taking on Aston Villa in yet another EPL encounter. And guess what, he offered me the very much infamous 32GB Kingston Flash Drive. I tried to shun him off but when he offered me 'live' data from Phil Brown's mouthpiece... I thought to give it try. Much to my own embarrassment he was right... I could hear Phil Brown in conversation with his technical associates. I was thrilled. But later due to some noise interference (caused at our end) Mr. Brown lost the connections and Hull City lost 0-1 to Aston Villa. It was a nice game and I bought the flash drive. As I moved out of the stadium I thought of 'playing' the recorded conversation again... and to my own amusement I found that I was duped.

Heard a similar incident from my Pakistaani friend here... seems like the entire Yorkshire is being targeted... especially us - the 'brown' Asians.

How I wish I had taken Mr Jaglan's advice seriously... I would have saved 40 Great Britian Pounds. I am on fast today:(!!

yudhvirmor
December 31st, 2008, 04:07 PM
No technical comments from any network experts on this issue.. Yeh Nakli pendrives hamarey IT k infrastructure ko khaa rahi hain.... :( Sarkaar kya kar rahi hai iss baarey mein??

Please tune to CNN.. There is some news flashing about notorious 32 GB Kingston Pen drive...

sachinb
December 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
This is really something very disappointing that we have not recieved any expert comment on this serious issue from any of the worthy member on this site and i know we have many Network experts here,,,,,,,

Sarkaar ko is ghatna ke upar ek commission baithana chaahiye

AmitGahlawat
December 31st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Kya ye racket Singpura tak pohonch gaya hai:o
Please tune to CNN.. There is some news flashing about notorious 32 GB Kingston Pen drive...

sachinb
December 31st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Singpura read Singapur,,,,,,kyonki Singapur ko Singpura gaam ke logo ne hi basaaya thaa:rock,,,,,racket to uste bi aage jaa liyaa,,,,,karan ek se,,,,ke aapne Network engineer aake is problem ke upar kuchh nahi kar rhe

Kya ye racket Singpura tak pohonch gaya hai:o

AmitGahlawat
December 31st, 2008, 11:38 PM
Jibb k ho gya merryaar.....yo "A" galti tai paachey laag gya...tu iss nai aage chepp kai nahi padh sake tha.....bhalya aapasdaari mai itna bi faayda na hove:rock
Singpura read Singapur,,,,,,kyonki Singapur ko Singpura gaam ke logo ne hi basaaya thaa:rock,,,,,racket to uste bi aage jaa liyaa,,,,,karan ek se,,,,ke aapne Network engineer aake is problem ke upar kuchh nahi kar rhe

sachinb
December 31st, 2008, 11:45 PM
bhai naraaj kyun hogya,,,,ya to hakikat se ke Singpure aalya ne Singapur basaya thaa.....puraane time mein ve rakbe di diya karte ne,,,,,,nyu e ek be Singpure aalya ne rakbe mil ge the,,,ar daakiya ne naam dhar diya Singapur,,,,,,

yu to bhot aachha hoya ke aaj aura ki bi GK badh gi,,,,ar vo Mr. Ch. Jaglan bhai ne thread shuru karya se na Civil Services aala,,,jyaant aur bi jaruri se GK ar current affair ki baat batana:rock

Jibb k ho gya merryaar.....yo "A" galti tai paachey laag gya...tu iss nai aage chepp kai nahi padh sake tha.....bhalya aapasdaari mai itna bi faayda na hove:rock

AmitGahlawat
December 31st, 2008, 11:56 PM
jaglan bhai unn pendrive aalyan nai pakadd kai koye deal final karan challya gya laage....taaki unn paisson se jaton ka bhalla ho sake;)what a noble cause:)
bhai naraaj kyun hogya,,,,ya to hakikat se ke Singpure aalya ne Singapur basaya thaa.....puraane time mein ve rakbe di diya karte ne,,,,,,nyu e ek be Singpure aalya ne rakbe mil ge the,,,ar daakiya ne naam dhar diya Singapur,,,,,,

yu to bhot aachha hoya ke aaj aura ki bi GK badh gi,,,,ar vo Mr. Ch. Jaglan bhai ne thread shuru karya se na Civil Services aala,,,jyaant aur bi jaruri se GK ar current affair ki baat batana:rock

anilsangwan
January 1st, 2009, 01:12 PM
This is also social service bhai !!

jaglan bhai unn pendrive aalyan nai pakadd kai koye deal final karan challya gya laage....taaki unn paisson se jaton ka bhalla ho sake;)what a noble cause:)

AmitGahlawat
January 1st, 2009, 01:43 PM
Bhaiya mujhe pendrives ki tini khowledge nahi thi par yahan aake to muhe kafi pata chal gaya Bhai Jaglan aise hi aap gyan bantey raho:)

Jaglan Bhai terrabytes ki bhi koyi pendrive aayi hai kya mrket mein?
This is also social service bhai !!

sachinb
January 1st, 2009, 07:25 PM
On Serious note:D,,,I have one query,,,,

Jaisa ki is Pendrive ke baare mein bataya gaya ki "it can store 32 GB Data in it but problem pop up when some body tries to retrieve it because the data get converted in to Images",,,,,,

Mere dimaag mein ek idea aaya is 100 rupees aale pendrive ka sahi istemaal karan khaatir,,,,,kyu na hum nyu kaara ke usme bheetar 32 GB ki Images store kardyaa retrieve karti haan bhi Images deekhengi,,,,,,

Bhai 6-7 Hindi ki Film store to kari jaa sake se naa,,,,,bata 100 rupeya mein baat banan laag rhi,,,

Sangwan I think its feasible to do so,,,,can some expert through some light on the innovative idea given above by me

AmitGahlawat
January 1st, 2009, 07:29 PM
Waaaa........kya deemag paya hai aapney, pahle dna tha ye idea,maine 80GB wali baddi si external HD khareed lee ab, kya karu uss dabbey ka,ab ye 32GB ki lele kjhe chandni chowk jana paddega ya Singpura:o

Jaisa ki is Pendrive ke baare mein bataya gaya ki "it can store 32 GB Data in it but problem pop up when some body tries to retrieve it because the data get converted in to Images",,,,,,

Mere dimaag mein ek idea aaya is 100 rupees aale pendrive ka sahi istemaal karan khaatir,,,,,kyu na hum nyu kaara ke usme bheetar 32 GB ki Images store kardyaa retrieve karti haan bhi Images deekhengi,,,,,,

Bhai 6-7 Hindi ki Film store to kari jaa sake se naa,,,,,bata 100 rupeya mein baat banan laag rhi,,,

Sangwan I think its feasible to do so,,,,can some expert through some light on the innovative idea given above by me

anilsangwan
January 1st, 2009, 07:30 PM
Sachin bhai sarvottam idea.... mein kal uss ladkey ko dhoond-ta hoon jo ki yeh pendrives bech raha tha kuch din pehle..... agar aisa hua toh mein uss se pen drive le kar iss experiment ka Proof Of Concept (POC) kal hi kar doonga....aur apni report bhi ASBP highkamaanko soump doonga....

Yeh work-around iss samasya ka sahi samadhaan ho sakta hai...... !!! :rock

pmalhan
January 2nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
भाई माहरे ऑफिस में भी आया था एक 32gb पेन ड्राइव बेचन . मेरा एक दोस्त 80gn HDD खरीदना चाहता था, मैंने उसे फ़ोन करके पूछा, भाई लेन है के, पंद्रह सो मांग रहा है, हजार तक दे देगा, वो बोल्या ले लो.
मैंने बात की और छः सो की दो देने की बात हो गयी. वो बोल्या सर चेक कर लो, मैंने ड्राइव लगाई

उसे फॉर्मेट किया और एक डीवीडी मूवी उसमे कॉपी की. मैं उसे पैसे देने ही वाला था, की मैंने मूवी को प्ले कर दिया. वो नहीं चली. मैंने दूसरी पेन ड्राइव में भी चेक किया, वो भी नहीं चली. मैंने नहीं ली. उसने कहा सर कल नया स्टॉक लाऊंगा.
आज इस थ्रेड को देख कर सोची, चलो मैं बवकूफ बनने से बच गया.

sachinb
January 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Praveen bhai mere khyaal se to Movie chal jaani chaahiye thi,,,,,kyonki Image store karne ke baad Image hi retrieve hogi na,,,

Sangwan bhai is also carrying out some serious trial on these 32 GB pendrives and he is very hopefull of a positive result,,,,,shayad 2-3 din aur lagenge trial karne mein,,,,

Sangwan,,,trial theek chaal rhe se na bhai,,,,,

उसे फॉर्मेट किया और एक डीवीडी मूवी उसमे कॉपी की. मैं उसे पैसे देने ही वाला था, की मैंने मूवी को प्ले कर दिया. वो नहीं चली. मैंने दूसरी पेन ड्राइव में भी चेक किया, वो भी नहीं चली. मैंने नहीं ली. उसने कहा सर कल नया स्टॉक लाऊंगा.

ajay_kumar_g
January 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hi,

There can be three issues regarding such fraud.

1) Confusion with storage unit---------------------------------"b"-- bit & "B"---Byte ( 8b=1B).
2)System Design issue-------------------------------------------Linked with project design
3) Memory & Microprocessor design issue Chip-------- linked with Semiconductor Comp.

Confusion with storage unit:--
Most of us know about this that 1Byte=8bits, letter "B"(Capital) is for Byte & letter "b"(small) for bit so some online seller can make you fool.....in their ad. they can write 8Gb for a 1GB Memory..

System Design issue:-
What is in a USB pen drive??
USB connector===>Microcontroller chip===>NAND memory chip
USB connector have 4 pins( 2 for power supply( 5Volt & Gnd).. 2 pins for signal ( technically known as D+ & D-)), PC provides 5V to USB devices.
Inside the memory chip there is a voltage regulator chip to convert 5V supply to a 3.3V or 2.5V depending on Microcontroller & Memory chip

There can be two places of error, One Microcontroller & IInd Memory chip.
1) Error with microcontroller (To understand this one need to know USB protocol, I m not explaing all but in small & only relevent) When u connect any USB device( nay device), Microcontroller talks with PC ,this process called Enumeration, in this USB device send data about that device, eg. what type of device, comp. name, product name, Driver location and lots of other information.. and all this data is programmable & stored in Microcontroller.. telling size of Pen drive is also part of this Enumeration. By mistake or fraud one can even show a 1000GB pen drive for a 1GB.. ...that can be happening here... 32GB fake for 512MB/1GB

2) Error with memory Chip:-
This is Storage where pen drive store data... one can format "FAT/NTFS" depending on Microcontroller's firmware..
about FAT & NTFS, a OS engineer can explain better then me.....So related to this Fraud.. one can solder smaller memory & in Microcontroller Programed it a bigger value..... "That is happing here".. if some one open this fake drive & check Memory part no. Google.. that chip will be either 512MB or 1GB.... what is know to "embedded product designer"

So to buyer of this FAKE pen drive Plz try to put small file & read back... note down biggest file u stores & also retrieved...that is actual size of ur pen drive.

One example may clear this issue, in 2001 one my Project was "USB Data logger"..at that time there was nothing on Google search .
I was using 256KB memory in my design ( At that time 16MB was biggest size available)... In one day I was playing with source code of enumeration process to display my name as Company name, I don't remember what I did but when I connected to PC this was showing 64MB as memory. but when I was writing to this more then 256KB , data was overwritten ( we were not using any format like FAT or NTFS) so we were lossing all information. But if one is using FAT/FTFS then ur data might be corrupt but there will be information about File, like file name, date,file size.. again an OS engineer can tell explain more on this.

Memory & Microprocessor design issue Chip:-
There are very rare chances of some issue regarding Semiconductor design.....very long to explain.

In totaly non technically explanination..

There is house 32 rooms and there is board at gate to tell what is inside room-- u can put some thing in room & write down on board.. get back & wtite there.... say that is your original 32GB pen drive.

One fraud person made only front wall & placed 32 Gates with board ( to log information about what is inside). When you will count, u will see 32gates & you will assume that there are 32 rooms. .. but actually there is no room ( or say one room to show customers).......-- This is about a 32GB fake drive.

This is really something very disappointing that we have not recieved any expert comment on this serious issue from any of the worthy member on this site and i know we have many Network experts here,,,,,,,

Sarkaar ko is ghatna ke upar ek commission baithana chaahiye

anilsangwan
January 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much Ajay bhai... aap ne dhoodh ka dhoodh aur paani ka paani kar diya..... maine yeh theory ghott lee hai dimaag mein... poora thread yaad kar liya... abb mein paagal nahi ban sakta pen drive k business mein... Thanks gaite bhai !!!

Hi,

1) Confusion with storage unit---------------------------------"b"-- bit & "B"---Byte ( 8b=1B).
2)System Design issue-------------------------------------------Linked with project design
3) Memory & Microprocessor design issue Chip-------- linked with Semiconductor Comp.

Confusion with storage unit:--
Most of us know about this that 1Byte=8bits, letter "B"(Capital) is for Byte & letter "b"(small) for bit so some online seller can make you fool.....in their ad. they can write 8Gb for a 1GB Memory..

USB connector have 4 pins( 2 for power supply( 5Volt & Gnd).. 2 pins for signal ( technically known as D+ & D-)), PC provides 5V to USB devices.
Inside the memory chip there is a voltage regulator chip to convert 5V supply to a 3.3V or 2.5V depending on Microcontroller & Memory chip

1) Error with microcontroller (To understand this one need to know USB protocol, I m not explaing all but in small & only relevent) When u connect any USB device( nay device), Microcontroller talks with PC ,this process called Enumeration, in this USB device send data about that device, eg. what type of device, comp. name, product name, Driver location and lots of other information.. and all this data is programmable & stored in Microcontroller.. telling size of Pen drive is also part of this Enumeration. By mistake or fraud one can even show a 1000GB pen drive for a 1GB.. ...that can be happening here... 32GB fake for 512MB/1GB

2) Error with memory Chip:-
This is Storage where pen drive store data... one can format "FAT/NTFS" depending on Microcontroller's firmware..
about FAT & NTFS, a OS engineer can explain better then me.....So related to this Fraud.. one can solder smaller memory & in Microcontroller Programed it a bigger value..... "That is happing here".. if some one open this fake drive & check Memory part no. Google.. that chip will be either 512MB or 1GB.... what is know to "embedded product designer"

So to buyer of this FAKE pen drive Plz try to put small file & read back... note down biggest file u stores & also retrieved...that is actual size of ur pen drive.

One example may clear this issue, in 2001 one my Project was "USB Data logger"..at that time there was nothing on Google search .
I was using 256KB memory in my design ( At that time 16MB was biggest size available)... In one day I was playing with source code of enumeration process to display my name as Company name, I don't remember what I did but when I connected to PC this was showing 64MB as memory. but when I was writing to this more then 256KB , data was overwritten ( we were not using any format like FAT or NTFS) so we were lossing all information. But if one is using FAT/FTFS then ur data might be corrupt but there will be information about File, like file name, date,file size.. again an OS engineer can tell explain more on this.

Memory & Microprocessor design issue Chip:-
There are very rare chances of some issue regarding Semiconductor design.....very long to explain.

AmitGahlawat
January 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Ajay you have shared amazing technical info which will benefit even a non-techie like me, thanks bhai
Hi,

One fraud person made only front wall & placed 32 Gates with board ( to log information about what is inside). When you will count, u will see 32gates & you will assume that there are 32 rooms. .. but actually there is no room ( or say one room to show customers).......-- This is about a 32GB fake drive. [/color]

pmalhan
January 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Praveen bhai mere khyaal se to Movie chal jaani chaahiye thi,,,,,kyonki Image store karne ke baad Image hi retrieve hogi na,,,

Sangwan bhai is also carrying out some serious trial on these 32 GB pendrives and he is very hopefull of a positive result,,,,,shayad 2-3 din aur lagenge trial karne mein,,,,

Sangwan,,,trial theek chaal rhe se na bhai,,,,,

The Message given was "Cannot Render File"
Same message was given when the file was copied back to HDD and then played.

sannand
January 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Jab te yo thread shuru hoya sai, sabke daftar mein bechaniye aa liye, mhaare e mein na aaye sain bass !

Main bhi te bach lyun nakkallo se !

anilsangwan
January 3rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Now, that racket is exposed after this thread by Jaglan bhai.. so I think u will not see any such "bechann aala". Thanks to this thread!!

Jab te yo thread shuru hoya sai, sabke daftar mein bechaniye aa liye, mhaare e mein na aaye sain bass !

Main bhi te bach lyun nakkallo se !

rocky0036
January 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
ke choti si baat ka bhart pakistan masla ban dia ha ha ha ha
pen drive b fake bana di

boom hai ke usmain itna hanga la rhe ho tam nyu batyo

vivektaliyan
February 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Jab kharidega ar mattha pakad ke bathe ga jib patta chale ga...Ibhi to haans raha hai..pher godo mein sir deke rovega...

:D:D:D:D:D

anilsangwan
February 8th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Kya kisi aur bhai ka bhi aisa experience raha? I hope this thread has been helpful....so refreshing it once more so that more people can read !!! :D

भाई माहरे ऑफिस में भी आया था एक 32gb पेन ड्राइव बेचन . मेरा एक दोस्त 80gn HDD खरीदना चाहता था, मैंने उसे फ़ोन करके पूछा, भाई लेन है के, पंद्रह सो मांग रहा है, हजार तक दे देगा, वो बोल्या ले लो.
मैंने बात की और छः सो की दो देने की बात हो गयी. वो बोल्या सर चेक कर लो, मैंने ड्राइव लगाई