PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious Indians

rkumar
December 31st, 2008, 01:02 AM
I
I often wonder if Indians are more Superstitious than others. Jats never used to belong to this class, but lately that is also changing. Nothing seems to move without astrologers in India. The trend has gained very high momentum with so many TV channels. There are well fed and obese astrologers forecasting on almost all channels. Most of them talk rubbish. There is a guy who calls himself “Datti Guru” on India TV. His looks are like that of a “ Jallad” and he come out with all sorts of advices for almost any problem. These Gurus seem to know anything and everything. Isn’t astrology on TV pushing scientific thinking back into the dark age ? Is it not the time that something should be done to stop this nonsense ? I have not seen this happening openly on TV in any other country except India.

RK^2

sachinb
December 31st, 2008, 09:35 AM
First lets get views from somebody who has indepth knowledge of Astrology(Jyotish Shastra).

Can somebody enlighten on this subject so that we can move in exactly right direction without deviating from the subject.:rock

anilsangwan
December 31st, 2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, even I have observed that daati guru. He shows as if he knows everything and he is running this world and can decide / change anyone's future...!!!

"Lage Raho Munna Bhai" k batuuk maharaj jaisa hai jama woh...

Mera issa jee kare sei... woh mere fass jya... er uss ne "Guwaar ki laamnni" mein laga dyun... saanjh tein woh saari jyotish bhool jaaga!

Indian television should stop showing this kind of programs which promostes supersition... khaaskar among educated class of ppl...

Ek aad nuclear bumb ka gola inn pe bhi girwa ho sei... Sachin bhai... note kar le apni hit list mein...

coolphool
December 31st, 2008, 10:30 AM
TV Channels show what people want to see as long as it is allowed by the law.

There are people who would like to see graphic shows on TV. If that was legal, TV channels would show that too. Fortunately, it is not the case and so TV channels cater to the less-worldly wishes of the viewers.

By that I mean entertainment. yes, TV channels whether they are meant for news or family dramas, all cater to entertain their viewers.

So, when these channels have astrologers on TV they are doing to simply get people to watch their channel.

sudeepdular
December 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
For tens of thousands of years human beings have looked up at the night sky and asked themselves, "What does it all mean?" Many answers have been suggested. One of the oldest is provided by astrology: the belief that the stars and planets are controlling influences on our lives

Human beings have always been curious to know their future. Whenever someone is in difficulty he wants to know whether the days of his misery will come to an end at all. And if yes, then when? When one invests a great deal of time, effort or money into some project, it is natural to wonder whether that investment will bear some fruit. There have always been people around who have successfully predicted future events. Their methods have been different - some people can simply look into the future, some use tarot cards, some draw up an astrological chart which we call horoscopes, some read the lines in the palms of people.

One cannot deny that future has been accurately predicted many a times and by many a people. Each successful prediction proves that it is indeed possible to correctly predict future. Even I have a very little knowledge (aate mai namak jitna) of palmistry which I have used to increase my popularity in my office :D. One day I just saw my colleagues palm and predict something about him merely based on some lines and his attitude and behavior which I have observed over a period of time about him and he seemed to be very surprised and said I know everything and that’s how he spread my popularity among my teammates off course girls turned out in large no to know about their marriage and boyfriend issues some even called me gyan guru (love guru also heheheh:p). And everybody including my manager came to me to predict something and everybody seemed to be satisfied with my prediction….how easily we can make people fool. Bt I strongly believe in astrology. I have very real example in my home itself when our old family pundit ji had written about my father in his childhood that he will get a bank manager job in 1978…I have that janampatri in which he has clearly mentioned in hindi that “san 1978 mai Rajyog Bank ke nokari nishit roop se lag jaayege.when my dad was merely 6 year old…..in 1978 my dad became bank manager i have written evidence… hence proved. Lakin aaj waise vidvaan jyotish nahi rahe..who has sound knowledge of it and worship their job…everything has been diluted with the passage of time..

This discussion has derived becoz of following

Why Astrologers go wrong in their prediction?
· Lack of knowledge: This is perhaps the foremost reason. Most of the astrologers, after learning a bit, find it difficult to resist the temptation to start making predictions. A certain percentage of their predictions do turn out to be true since they have learnt a little bit of Astrology after all. They cannot hold themselves back from showing off their half baked knowledge. Another reason is the temptation to start reaping, as soon as possible, the fruits of their efforts
· Lack of Talent: In the modern times, since the pursuit of this subject is not considered very respectable, persons of genius do not take up the study of Astrology. They would rather prefer to become scientists, engineers, doctors, littérateurs, artists etc. This does not help the development of Astrology nor does it help add to the knowledge or find the missing links in this subject. Currently, there are no serious research projects related to this field. Thus this base of knowledge does not get updated.
· Incorrect Data: As the very basis of Astrology is mathematical, the data such as time of birth etc. must be accurate. If this data is incorrect, the horoscope and consequently the interpretation of it is bound to be faulty.
· The very nature of Future: Modern science divides the universe in two parts: known and the unknown. It is believed that whatever is unknown today, will become known tomorrow. Over a period of time, every thing will become known one day. But the enlightened sages have said that certain aspects of the existence is unknowable. These things do not belong in the domain of human knowledge. Certain aspects of future also belongs to the same domain.
Anyone, who will study Astrology with an open mind, cannot dismiss it as something without merit. It is an easy task for astrologers to correctly tell certain things about a man, such as his physical characteristics, diseases he is likely to get afflicted with, his temperament, his overall success in life in terms of money he earns or fame he achieves, the nature of his profession etc., simply by looking at his correctly drawn horoscope. It is in the matters of details and the timing of events that astrologers tend to go awry. What is needed is a fresh approach to the subject. Brilliant minds should take it up for study, correct some anomalies and misconceptions which this science has acquired over the long past. Then only this subject can regain its rightful place as a serious and important branch of knowledge.