PDA

View Full Version : Improvements needed for Jatland

lrburdak
January 13th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Dear Sateswar,

I suggest some Changes needed for Jatland:

1. Jatland Wiki had a system of peculiar alert system of messages. When one opened a page on Wiki a coloured strip with message used to appear prominently. After integration this has stopped. It may be restored.

2.Jatland Wiki shows number of views of each article. Is it possible to bifurcate views by members and guests ? The forums main page shows this bifurcation. This will indicate the popularity of a page.

3. Jatland shows number of posts contributed by member on Forums only. It does not include posts on Wiki. Is it possible to integrate forums with Wiki contribution so that all posts are included in this number?

4. Jatland Wiki has a user page. It is meant for his personal info of the member. Presently not many members are using this page. Can user page be integrated with the profile of member on Forums?

Regards,

dndeswal
January 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Additionally, on the home page (http://www.jatland.com/) the button "Jatland Wiki" may be highlighted more prominently (making the font big or placing it within some coloured circle etc.). Purpose should be to attract more readers by clicking the link on the home page itself.

satyeshwar
January 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Dear Burdak ji,
Some of these things are definitely possible. Please give me some time to make the changes (perhaps a week or two).
-Satyeshwar

anilsangwan
January 13th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Satyeshwar,

One suggestion from my side:

Earlier, there used to be a newletter from Jatland admins..where recent updates about the jatland were sent to email id of members....

Can we have that facility now as well...because, I feel that many people join and forget about jatland. If we keep sending a monthly newsletter, they will know about the happenings here and they will definitely come back and be active !

May be, we can form a newsletter team for this purpose if needed....

Regards,
Anil

Dear Burdak ji,
Some of these things are definitely possible. Please give me some time to make the changes (perhaps a week or two).
-Satyeshwar

sachinb
January 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
good suggestion Sangwan bhai, this news letter apart from keeping the site live will also help in sending sort of reminders as well as latest updates.:rock

Hi Satyeshwar,

One suggestion from my side:

Earlier, there used to be a newletter from Jatland admins..where recent updates about the jatland were sent to email id of members....

Can we have that facility now as well...because, I feel that many people join and forget about jatland. If we keep sending a monthly newsletter, they will know about the happenings here and they will definitely come back and be active !

May be, we can form a newsletter team for this purpose if needed....

Regards,
Anil

lrburdak
January 14th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Dear Burdak ji,
-Satyeshwar

Thanks Sateshwar ji,

There is a soft ware available on Wikipedia for Wki counts, Which may be helpful in Wiki counts of users:

http://toolserver.org/~interiot/cgi-bin/count_edits?user=LRBurdak&dbname=enwiki_p

Regards,

dndeswal
January 14th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Laxman Burdak (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=956)
Wiki Editor
http://www.jatland.com/forums/image.php?u=956&type=profile&dateline=

Wiki Edits: 0 (http://www.jatland.com/home/Special:Contributions/lrburdak)

Just in light humor, Burdak ji. Your Wiki Edits are currently reflected as zero ! Strange isn't it ? :)

Hope the wiki post-count will start soon in member profiles.

rakeshsehrawat
January 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Uncle ji jab e to itne dukhi ho rahe hain ye

Satyeshwar ji inke chehre par thodi muskan lao

Kime CHANDA karna ho to wo bhi bata dyo par in gel to isa dhokha na karo

satyeshwar
January 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
As I mentioned earlier, please give me some time to make these changes. There are some MAJOR changes coming everyone's way soon! :)

Nishantrathi82
January 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Bagh one more suggestion if its possible.
Is it possible that one could not save the album pictures of others on their system?
Like earliers on Orkut people could have the Pics of other members but now they can't do that. Is it possible to do same here on JL.

rakeshsehrawat
January 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Is it possible that one could not save the album pictures of others on their system?
Like earliers on Orkut people could have the Pics of other members but now they can't do that. Is it possible to do same here on JL.
My Tech savy friend There is a print screen button on your keyboard
press it and press paste in Paint u can still copy that.

sannand
January 15th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Nishu,
Even pictures on Orkut can be copied easily ! :)
Ping me if you want to know how !

VPannu
January 16th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Nishant, there is a simple javascript which disables right-click event on the webpage. However, this trick works only for the naive users. You can either choose Rakesh's way to copy a picture or just hop in to temporary internet files folders the photo must have been downloaded in the folder. So, I believe its not feasible.
PS: I use Mozilla v 3.0.5 and can copy photos from orkut simply with a right-click.

Nishantrathi82
January 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Nishu,
Even pictures on Orkut can be copied easily ! :)
Ping me if you want to know how !

Nishant, there is a simple javascript which disables right-click event on the webpage. However, this trick works only for the naive users. You can either choose Rakesh's way to copy a picture or just hop in to temporary internet files folders the photo must have been downloaded in the folder. So, I believe its not feasible.
PS: I use Mozilla v 3.0.5 and can copy photos from orkut simply with a right-click.

Sorry Guys i not that much intelligent as like you boys sorry for a bad suggestion.

Nishantrathi82
January 16th, 2009, 09:16 AM
My Tech savy friend There is a print screen button on your keyboard
press it and press paste in Paint u can still copy that.

Sorry Mr. Rakesh that way i know u can copy the things.But that doesn't mean that u leave the things like this only.
Still we can see that many robery has been done in the banks and other secured places that doesn't mean that we should stop keeping security on those places. I beleive you got my point Mr. Rakesh. :)

Nishantrathi82
January 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Bagh Today i saw some good changes on JL. They are looking nice, Great work Satyeshwer g Keep it up.:)

rakeshsehrawat
January 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Sorry Mr. Rakesh that way i know u can copy the things.But that doesn't mean that u leave the things like this only.
Still we can see that many robery has been done in the banks and other secured places that doesn't mean that we should stop keeping security on those places. I beleive you got my point Mr. Rakesh. :)
If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe. :tamatar

I appreciate changes going on. But threads also needs to be updated and checked.
One suggestion that i think needs to be implimented we can delete unnecessary replies and quotes on a thread like (for ex. humour section) repeated jokes can be deleted same you can do with replies and the cream can be made a single thread. it will be better for everyone so that one can see before repeating. i know this will reduce the posts of a member but i don't think that anyone mind such type of things.i wont mind if my posts goes to 10 but atleast that will be the best of me.We can give rating to that thread instead of just hahaha , good one, keep pouring etc. for new threads it is fine to post replies for locked threads it will be better that they are shortned or unnecessary threads just go to garbage store.

lrburdak
January 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Dear Sateshwar,

Good changes are taking place !!!
We have got very good information about Jat Gotras on Jatland Wiki. kindly give a tab link on main page at the top for Gotras

Right now we have tabs:

Jatland Wiki --- People --- Jatland Forums --- Jat Matrimonials --- Contact Us

Regards,

dndeswal
January 16th, 2009, 11:39 AM
If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe. :tamatar

I appreciate changes going on. But threads also needs to be updated and checked.
One suggestion that i think needs to be implimented we can delete unnecessary replies and quotes on a thread like (for ex. humour section) repeated jokes can be deleted same you can do with replies and the cream can be made a single thread. it will be better for everyone so that one can see before repeating. i know this will reduce the posts of a member but i don't think that anyone mind such type of things.i wont mind if my posts goes to 10 but atleast that will be the best of me.We can give rating to that thread instead of just hahaha , good one, keep pouring etc. for new threads it is fine to post replies for locked threads it will be better that they are shortned or unnecessary threads just go to garbage store.

Good suggestion, Rakesh. Today, the following statistics appear:

Threads: 21,285, Posts: 184,098, Members: 12,430, Active Members: 2,010
Welcome to our newest member, BaliyanSanjeev (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=22227)

We have 12430 members, with Active members just 2010. Since some reformatting is being done, it is suggested that membership of those who have not made a login over the last two years and have 0 posts to their credit, should be deleted. They are free to get membership afresh. Get some cleaning drive for some time. Delete unnecessary "happy birthday" type threads posted during last years and delete some unnecessary "hahaha" or "thank you" type posts.

sumitsehrawat
January 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Good work... I liked the latest updates.
ek ye "Tops reputations" waala link nahi chal raha... I am sure humaare Dev Uncle jeet rahe honge waha pe bhi... :)!

sachinb
January 16th, 2009, 01:10 PM
its not about being insecure. Nishant has made his point amply clear.

Its an input from him and let the mod work on this. If feasibility is there then somehting would be done otherwise it would be taken as acceptable risk by individuals:rock

PS:- It was nice to see so many changes. Good work Mods/Editors. Thanks my name was not being displayed.:rock

Nishantrathi82
January 16th, 2009, 03:54 PM
If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe.

Boss i don't think you are the correct person to tell me whether i have to keep my pics in safe custody or here.
And mind it that i didn't gave that suggestion to u and neither u r moderator. Waise i can say lot many things on ur above post but leave it don't want to destroy the main purpose of this thread. Carry on Buddy.

VivekGathwala
January 16th, 2009, 04:08 PM
satye bhai jeee saa aaagay eb t ade jatland pe gud work

ssgoyat
January 16th, 2009, 10:22 PM
At the bottom of the forum page...

Few contents from stats section are added up...

A list of top posters is given, which is un necessay.

because ppls would start competeting with un necessary one-liners posts to come in the list of top poster.

and to improve their personal post counter.

Hence adding only quantity & not quality posts...

Should be changed...(also such a counter shouldn't be added there on main forum page.....like in stats we have counters for top contributor in number of posts, monthwise, day wise, year wise or the like.)

Also there should be two tab extra alongside....... "Thanks tab" "GROAN/No thanks tab"

suppose i contributed one post in a particular thread....and if ppls are agreed to it/liked it...they can simply press the "THANKS" tab....so that their user id & date comes below that post..........and so if somebody adds some crap/irr relevant post..

Advantages.
1. Quality of contributions can be improved, ppls who get maxm'm of No thanks would not create any un necessary/irr relevant post there..
and would think twice before quoting to somebody's reply.
It will give an impression of a member that he adds quality stuff..

2. Ppls would stop quoting the liked post by adding just one liner...."agreed to ur post"..."i conquer your thoughts"....."well said..." or the like...

@ Mods
you can see www.pagalguy.com..... having similar feature...

i hope it will work here well,

but i rule out no possiblity that, ppls would start always using "no thanks" tab, whom they do not like..everytime that member will post someting...(a natural jalne/jalane wala trait in we jat's)....;-)

sunitahooda
January 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Satyeshwar....must appreciate the good work. But displaying "INFRACTIONS" isn't it humiliating and embarrassing as the members might have got the infraction YEARS back but displaying them in current stats isn't very good. People keep getting changed/ the maturity level keeps increasing, members improve also, so I suggest if you keep that out of the updates. Rest is upto you.

Next suggestion is not to count posts in Timepass section, thogh all like to laugh and have fun but always a mockery is made of a specific word" ha ha ha ha" keeping few people in mind, or else give an option for jokes "READ ONLY" no post should be allowed. Though we all know that only a few jokes are worth laughing and MOST of the times the COMMENTS make it more funny and enjoyable.:)

satyeshwar
January 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone,
I will try to answer all the salient points made so far:
This is a social networking site. You are more than welcome to remove all of your pics if you don't want anyone to see them. Putting them up and then wanting to hide them makes no sense to me. Please delete such photos as it will even save some server space.
We have added Gotras in the main page but nothing else as we don't want it to be too crowded.
We are not too concerned about people artificially trying to increase their post counts. You have to be quite desperate to get attention to do something like that. Also, our moderators will spring into action if we see people trying to deliberately increase their post count with nonsensical posts. On the other hand, we don't want to curb anyone's freedom of speech.
Infractions given to a member can only be seen by that member and mods. No one else! If you delete a Visitor Message, even though it doesn't completely get removed from your page (just in case you may want to undelete it later), from other member's perspective, it's as if that VM doesn't exist.
The software doesn't allow us to selectively choose which posts should be counted against your total posts and which posts shouldn't be.
-Satyeshwar

rakeshsehrawat
January 17th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Please Give Members a choice to delete their old posts completely which they feel is unnecessary

Thanks For Changes To Nitin Ji and Members of His

T -Togeather
E -Everyone
A -Achieves
M -More

satyeshwar
January 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Rakesh,
That is not possible with the current software.
-Satyeshwar

VivekGathwala
January 20th, 2009, 03:11 AM
satyeswar after login jatland ............i find this out oof this world site thnks for you both satyeswar &nitin ...............doood this is what we want jatland is like ..........

awesome ..out of this world

thanks &regards

vivekgathwala(vg)

rakeshsehrawat
January 20th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Beautiful Work:):):) Halka sa dhundlapan mehsoos ho raha hai Top ke tabs 3D mein ho aur selection pe thode se bright ho to aur jyada aache lagenge i hope. like few themes in style XP.

Main page ab aise lag raha hai jaise hukka pani band kar rakha ho.
Usne ke khot kar diya usne bhi nhuwa dhuwa dyo:rock:rock:rock

satyeshwar
January 20th, 2009, 08:41 AM
To all who have complained to me about the first character of a PM not showing up (and there have been quite a few :)), I have fixed that problem! In order for you to see the change, please log out of Jatland, empty your cache and delete all the cookies and temporary internet files, then log back in. This is crucial or you won't see the fix!
I have also fixed another problem where if you closed the chaupal window, then another window/tab would pop up. Now it should redirect you to the main forums page seamlessly.
Rakesh, we will make some changes to the main page as well. Please be patient.
-Satyeshwar

Nishantrathi82
January 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
New look of JL is looking beauitifull Good work Bagh and Nitin g :rock

yudhvirmor
January 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
To all who have complained to me about the first character of a PM not showing up (and there have been quite a few :)), I have fixed that problem! In order for you to see the change, please log out of Jatland, empty your cache and delete all the cookies and temporary internet files, then log back in. This is crucial or you won't see the fix!
I have also fixed another problem where if you closed the chaupal window, then another window/tab would pop up. Now it should redirect you to the main forums page seamlessly.
Rakesh, we will make some changes to the main page as well. Please be patient.
-Satyeshwar

Satte Background color is bit dark.. I think we should settle with white only

sunitahooda
January 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yes, thats what i also felt about te background.The blue is fine but grey background making the whole page a bit dull:)also the main font is bit small

shweta123
January 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah .... This grey color is really very dull :o

One needs to concentrate much more to read things :rolleyes:

And yes.... the font size is appearing too small to be read easily, without much concentration. :o

This background is dark & dull.

Aur sabki photo kaha gayi, dikh nahi rahi ....... :(

cooljat
January 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Satya, disappointed with new themese/styles ... both blackberry, mobile themes are big let down. Could you please re-arrange/add to the list the classy old one 'Kirsch' theme. thanks in advance !!

Looking forward to hear from you,

Rock on
Jit

yudhvirmor
January 20th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, thats what i also felt about te background.The blue is fine but grey background making the whole page a bit dull:)also the main font is bit small

Sab kam post padenge toh Lath bhi kaam bajenge.. Yoh kaam satte nee Rolee kam karan khatar kara hai

sunitahooda
January 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Par mera tai saanjh tahi CHASSMEY ka number badh lega....Satte so gya deekhey:D Arr Lath post padh kai nai baajjya kare....unney FEEL kare jabb baajya kare....to font badda hona chaiye:D
Sab kam post padenge toh Lath bhi kaam bajenge.. Yoh kaam satte nee Rolee kam karan khatar kara hai

lrburdak
January 20th, 2009, 10:44 PM
You can know your Wiki edits if you click My Wiki preference

For example My Wiki edits are

This number is still not shown on forums which still shows 0 Wiki edits

Regards,

sunitahooda
January 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Bagh is it possible to display the members names WHO LOG IN FROM SINGLE COMPUTER WITH DIFFERENT LOGIN NAMES/PROFILES? This way DENSE DOUBTS in "OTHERS" minds can be cleared out time to time also we all get an idea WHO IS WHO TO WHOM....please ab PRIVACY ki duhaayi mat dena kyunki jiss ney public forum mein profile bana hi liya to PRIVACY ke liye itni cheekh-pukar kyu? Also i'm not able to see members picture on posts in any thread, is this due to a new technical change? I am not able to see the infractions count? has that been removed from stats?

mukeshkumar007
January 21st, 2009, 12:31 PM
yo nayo look saroop koni laag ryoo.. dikhan maie hi koni aa ryo dang se.. eye test le rehe ho kya mahroo ?

change karo pleaseeee.. :)

poonamchaudhary
January 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Change is always welcome and its good to see that lots of changes are taking place on JL. But this colour is too dull. It just doesnt look good. Please change to some lighter background.

sachinb
January 22nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
some how i like this dull color and the small size fonts,,,,,mere khyaal te font ka size aur bi chhotaa honaa chaahiye

Par mera tai saanjh tahi CHASSMEY ka number badh lega....Satte so gya deekhey:D Arr Lath post padh kai nai baajjya kare....unney FEEL kare jabb baajya kare....to font badda hona chaiye:D

rakeshsehrawat
January 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Threads: 21,304, Posts: 184,563, Members: 12,478, Active Members: 2,012
6 mahine baad gate band ho jane chaiye
Today's Birthdays http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/misc/birthday.gif (http://www.jatland.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getday&day=2009-01-22&sb=1)keshavdahiya (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=4531), VPannu (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=6298) (26), erbhanu (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=12219) (26)

Kal bhi ye hi the aaj bhi

vivekdh
January 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
inka naam pachle saal naa chaapa tha iss mharre ibkke 2 din tai chaap diya :)

Today's Birthdays http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/misc/birthday.gif (http://www.jatland.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getday&day=2009-01-22&sb=1)keshavdahiya (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=4531), VPannu (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=6298) (26), erbhanu (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=12219) (26)

sachinb
January 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
Rakesh tanne pher kaal Happy Birthday kahi in tain ke aaj:D

observation kasuti bhai ki,,,,kunna mein te bi cheej kaadh lyaave se

sunitahooda
January 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
3D font honey chahiye jis tai har member 3D filma ki dhal 3D chassmey le kai baithey arr aas-paas kya nai bera paate akk JL pai active sain
some how i like this dull color and the small size fonts,,,,,mere khyaal te font ka size aur bi chhotaa honaa chaahiye

dndeswal
January 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM

Ye photo thodde din gayab hi rahein to achha hai ...hehehe

Kisi ki photo dekhni ho to member ke profile par click kar lo !

But what will happen to those who want to read thread jaaton ke muskuraate chehre(photo comments) (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12504) which is based on photos only? ---hehehe !

trueblueindian
January 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
nice changes and much appreciation for the efforts put in .. .

on the contrary to the opinion of many members this new grey/blue combination is much more soothing to eyes

on a lighter note

jinn neah kamm dikkhey sei un tahi yaa color scheme ghanni behetar sei, woh keheya karrey nae "Doubara soch lyou" .... fact is if no persone attack l ---- in max cases the temper ceases out when an individual gives the thought a secod chance :p .. . so better read it many times now :D:D:D

lrburdak
January 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Map of Site visitors is wonderful !!!

It shows the google map of last 100 visitors in the world.

Good improvement.

Congratulations Sateshwar.

Regards,

sanjeev_balyan
January 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Most visited profiles on JL.
एक बार DnD सर ने इस पर काफी मेहनत की थी कि किसका प्रोफाइल सबसे जयादा बार visit किया गया , जाटलैंड के नए रूप में ये सुचना भी उपलब्ध करा दी गई है
5 most visited profiles

1 Maniisha 5,959
2 ritu 4,015
3 sunitahooda 3,782
4 shweta123 3,672
5 anuchhikara 3,481

yudhvirmor
January 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM
एक बार DnD सर ने इस पर काफी मेहनत की थी कि किसका प्रोफाइल सबसे जयादा बार visit किया गया , जाटलैंड के नए रूप में ये सुचना भी उपलब्ध करा दी गई है
5 most visited profiles

1 Maniisha 5,959
2 ritu 4,015
3 sunitahooda 3,782
4 shweta123 3,672
5 anuchhikara 3,481

Its shows some trend ;)

anilsinghd
January 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM

wowwww.... mujhe bhi na dikh rahi :(

please photo to daal do , thats a faster way to recognise who the post-er is!

And yes , the theme is a but dull , more bright would be good.. :)

sumitsehrawat
January 26th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, we have options of styles to choose from but it would be better to make the "Default Style" appear by default instead of 'Blueberry'. Even 'Curves' is nice but 'Blueberry' style is not so pleasing to eyes.

sachinb
January 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
thats great,,,,,,all top 5 positions by Women:D,,,Sunita Hooda aur Shweta mein kaante ki takkar:rock

5 most visited profiles

1 Maniisha 5,959
2 ritu 4,015
3 sunitahooda 3,782
4 shweta123 3,672
5 anuchhikara 3,481

lrburdak
January 27th, 2009, 10:29 AM
lagta hai jatland par mahilaye kabja karlengi !!!

sunitahooda
January 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Sir kahin par to karne do kabza....arr hum to kise nai kehtey nahi ke mahrey profile visit karo:D
lagta hai jatland par mahilaye kabja karlengi !!!

lrburdak
January 27th, 2009, 02:56 PM
सुनीताजी मैं तो चाहता हूँ कि महिलाएं जाटलैंड विकी पर भी कब्जा करें. महिलाये वहां आएँगी तो मेरा काम थोड़ा आसान हो जाएगा. बहुत कम महिलाएं जाटलैंड विकी पर आती हैं. ज्यादा माथा पच्ची मुझे और देसवालजी को ही करनी पड़ती है.

sunitahooda
January 27th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Sir...i tried to visit WIKE and capture it but i didnt know how to go by doing anything there and use. Moreover i was much concerned not to commit any mistakes as its something of serious nature. If you help me with some instructions ten i'll sure love to help you, ofcourse if you think i can be of some help.:)
सुनीताजी मैं तो चाहता हूँ कि महिलाएं जाटलैंड विकी पर भी कब्जा करें. महिलाये वहां आएँगी तो मेरा काम थोड़ा आसान हो जाएगा. बहुत कम महिलाएं जाटलैंड विकी पर आती हैं. ज्यादा माथा पच्ची मुझे और देसवालजी को ही करनी पड़ती है.

lrburdak
January 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Sunitaji,

No problem with Wiki errors. I will correct. just try and add to any topic of your interest.

regards,

rakeshsehrawat
January 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I think top 5 profile visits needed to be replaced with something else

satyeshwar
January 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone,
For anyone who isn't fully content with Blueberry style, I have also added curves. You can choose your style by going to the bottom left corner of any page and select the style from there.
WIKI edits are showing up below everyone's profile and it has led to some starking discoveries. Extremely popular members at Jatland posts have little to none WIKI entries! I am myself guilty of not adding much there and I plan to rectify this situation by adding whatever information I have. If any of you have ever wanted to contributed to Jatland, here is a great chance! Give the gift of knowledge to Jatland. Even if you don't know much about Jats, I am certain that you can enter something about your own village or Gotra. Just one warning, do not copy paste this information from other sites (put everything in your own words)! Search engines like Google start lowering our rank thinking that we are stealing information which makes it harder for new members to find Jatland.
Happy WIKIing!
-Satyeshwar

sachinb
January 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Satyeshwar Bhai your concern for copy paste material is very genuine as it lowers the rank.

In view of the same please put some check on threads like Meri pasand ka Angreji Songs, where people are just copy pasting the songs, though we have tried to provide information about songs like the background of the singer and other such aspects but still its very easy to find the song lyrics and its equally easy to paste it in that thread. 50% rank to haade e talle ho liye honge. Please do something in this regard, so what even if its a time pass section

Infact members should put an effort to write down the Haryanvi Raagni's lyrics in the Haryanvi music forum, if each member contribute one raagni we can soon have all the kissaa here on JL. These raagnis are very much liked in the areas of Haryana,UP and Rajasthan.

Just one warning, do not copy paste this information from other sites (put everything in your own words)! Search engines like Google start lowering our rank thinking that we are stealing information which makes it harder for new members to find Jatland.
Happy WIKIing!
-Satyeshwar

jitendershooda
January 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
WIKI edits are showing up below everyone's profile and it has led to some starking discoveries. Extremely popular members at Jatland posts have little to none WIKI entries! I am myself guilty of not adding much there and I plan to rectify this situation by adding whatever information I have.
-Satyeshwar

:) Bhai Satyeshwar,

I did contribute a lot nearly 400 words for haryanvi dictionary. Please see the related thread. I had talks with Dayanand ji and that time he told me that its better to give edit rights to one person so that it goes in a smooth manner. This was right too as we have seen that time few spell mistakes and wrong description entered by people. In the same thread it was agreed that mr Deshwal will put words on wiki and we will put on the thread. I did with full description and you will find that only a few corrections were required.

Dayanand ji put my name with his on the main page of haryanvi dictionary. But later on it was removed. I never noticed that. One day one of my friend was there and during discussions we visited haryanvi dictionary wiki. He objected to my contribution and told to show where I did that. I have shown the thread by digging into archives. But then he told bhai you should have worked smartly. People will know that this is from the person who edited it and not that you also have good amount on contribution in that. It was convincing and reality. It was also evident that DN ji has done a good job there and if we have not done like that we might not have such a nice dictionary. But overall others efforts are hidden now. I have invested so much time and still have 0 edits on my name :).

I talked to dayanand ji and he told that Nitin removed it later on. I wrote to Nitin bhai also .... he has forwarded that mail to you and said that he never did that. I never received any reply from you after that. Nitin also added that it will be shown by the edits only and there is no utility of wiki if we add names like this. He may be right or wrong but what happened to my contri was also not logical.

I talked to DN ji and he told to edit some of them so that you get your name. But this doesnt seems to be encouraging to me and I left. I had collected good information about my gotra and village too since its roots but never felt to put on wiki after that.

So if you can do something in this regard it will be like an appreciation for my efforts.

** Also my advise to all the members is to contribute themselves no matter what mistakes they do as later on nobody takes care of what you are saying.

satyeshwar
January 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Jitender,
Unfortunately, there is no way for me to artificially bump up your WIKI count or give you credit for the information that you provided to Mr. Deshwal. I can only suggest you to add the information about your Gotra and village.
-Satyeshwar

jitendershooda
January 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hi Jitender,
Unfortunately, there is no way for me to artificially bump up your WIKI count or give you credit for the information that you provided to Mr. Deshwal. I can only suggest you to add the information about your Gotra and village.
-Satyeshwar

:) perhaps thats why only I have not replied further to that mail, today saw your post so thought to put it once again.

It was for a better haryanvi dictionary and not for Mr. Deshwal.

Khair I leave it again. If I am interested in artifically bumping it then I could have edited and saved it like what DN ji told. :)

Thanks for your reply.

lrburdak
January 28th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Jitendra Ji,

Wiki is a wonderful tool. It keeps record of what and when anything was edited in its history section. So the name may not be written on the article page but it remains in its history. So if later it is decided to put the name of authors it can be retrieved back. Do not worry about errors. These can be rectified.

regards,

jitendershooda
January 29th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Jitendra Ji,

Wiki is a wonderful tool. It keeps record of what and when anything was edited in its history section. So the name may not be written on the article page but it remains in its history. So if later it is decided to put the name of authors it can be retrieved back. Do not worry about errors. These can be rectified.

regards,

Laxman Ji,

I have learnt this a hard way. That time I was agreed to Mr. DND Ji as I felt his point was valid and he told me that he will put names there for the contributors :). And surely it was valid as nobody will have gone too much deep to edit all the wrong ones but the commitment leads me to feel like cheated (First put my name and then removed, perhaps if I knew that then I would have edited myself. I have compiled all those and put on the thread too so it was not a big task to put it on the wiki directly). Instead we were encouraged to see the better output and contributed more and more, if it would have been other way around it surely have not been in todays condition.

Now I know And that is why I have suggested the users to not agree to anyone in any call for purity. Keep writing/editing whether the outcome is good or not. Dont be blind follower in focus of better outcome. Later your work will be judged for that person and not for the outcome as did by sathyeswar.

You people are doing a great job. Will curely contribute too.

dndeswal
January 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
As rightly pointed by Jitender Hooda, many members, including him, have contributed nicely in forum threads. Jitender Hooda gave inputs on desi words, with meanings which were put by me directly in dictionary section. Sunita Hooda compiled idioms and proverbs which are now part of proverbs section. Their efforts have borne fruit though they themselves have not edited wiki so far. Now, Haryanavi Language page has several sections – dictionary, grammar, folklore, music, desi names, idioms and phrases and even jokes. Many members have put nice jokes which I later put on wiki, after converting them into Devnagari. Members have also given inputs in threads like “Famous Jat People” and Burdak ji has utilized these inputs in Jat History at wiki. As Satyeswar has written, the site’s software recognizes only the editor of the page. Nevertheless, pages on language, folklore etc. are results of members’ common efforts though Burdak ji and myself have been overseeing and making corrections/ additions on a regular basis.

Earlier, I was also not very familiar with wiki and did not know that a database for each contributor is created automatically.

Pages on villages and gotras are now containing rich and valuable information. Members may take interest in editing them further. Wiki pages are stationary and they do not go into oblivion (date wise) like threads.

sachinb
January 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Satyeshwar Bhai is Kaapi Paste material pe bhi kuchh rok lao,,,,,aadhi jagah her rhe se ar saari ranking ki raad macha di

sunitahooda
January 29th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Arr jis jis update mai mera naam aave sai wey bhi hata dyo....log bag sharmaatey sharmatey request karein sain....:psirf wey update laao jin mai sunitahooda word kittey bi na deekhta ho:D

sumitsehrawat
January 30th, 2009, 12:41 AM
When I delete messages from my VM book then they are 'soft' deleted. Neither the deleted messages nor their notifications are visible to anyone except the profile owner or perhaps the moderators. But as a profile owner I do not like to read "This message has been deleted by sumitsehrawat (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=3281)." every time I delete one. The reasons of deleting VMs vary and let's not stress too much on that. The problem is that these message reports stay in the VM book and make it look uselessly full.

I wish to keep my VM book enabled and clean. Could something be done about it? Maybe once deleted the respective VMs could be permanently deleted.

lrburdak
January 30th, 2009, 08:38 AM
As rightly pointed by Jitender Hooda, many members, including him, have contributed nicely in forum threads. Jitender Hooda gave inputs on desi words, with meanings which were put by me directly in dictionary section. Sunita Hooda compiled idioms and proverbs which are now part of proverbs section. Their efforts have borne fruit though they themselves have not edited wiki so far.
Deswalji,

The names of Sunitaji and Jintendraji can be put on the discussion page of respective articles to recognize their contributions. That can be the only corrective step.

regards,

andyjat
January 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Laxman ji

please clear one doubt of mine. I was going threw he list of villages in delhi it shows only 36 villages but when we go to the main page most of the delhi villages are their the list.
why the most of those villages are not their in the list of villages in delhi.

please do something in this matter or tell me what i can do rectify the list.

Regards

Aneesh Rana

lrburdak
January 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Aneeshji,

The Jat villages page gives a list of villages added by the members. When info ia provided after creating a page for it we categorize villages. So Jat Villages in Delhi is a category at the bottom of an article page about a village in Delhi. Some of villages on Jatland Wiki are yet red or black means no info is there about these villages and no page is created for them. All the villages in Jat Villages in Delhi are blue means have pages on Jatland wiki. This category list is automatically generated once you put a category. We need not to put names added on these pages. All such villages given this category will appear automatically. Hope it is clear now.

vivektaliyan
January 31st, 2009, 01:30 PM
Hi everyone,
For anyone who isn't fully content with Blueberry style, I have also added curves. You can choose your style by going to the bottom left corner of any page and select the style from there.
WIKI edits are showing up below everyone's profile and it has led to some starking discoveries. Extremely popular members at Jatland posts have little to none WIKI entries! I am myself guilty of not adding much there and I plan to rectify this situation by adding whatever information I have. If any of you have ever wanted to contributed to Jatland, here is a great chance! Give the gift of knowledge to Jatland. Even if you don't know much about Jats, I am certain that you can enter something about your own village or Gotra. Just one warning, do not copy paste this information from other sites (put everything in your own words)! Search engines like Google start lowering our rank thinking that we are stealing information which makes it harder for new members to find Jatland.
Happy WIKIing!
-Satyeshwar

Dear satyeshwer Bhai,
I am unable to see the pics of members with their posts. Is there something wrong with my explorer or you have done the same.

:):):)

satyeshwar
February 1st, 2009, 02:04 AM
Need to fix this Vivek...

jitendershooda
February 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
As rightly pointed by Jitender Hooda, many members, including him, have contributed nicely in forum threads. Jitender Hooda gave inputs on desi words, with meanings which were put by me directly in dictionary section. Sunita Hooda compiled idioms and proverbs which are now part of proverbs section. Their efforts have borne fruit though they themselves have not edited wiki so far. Now, Haryanavi Language page has several sections – dictionary, grammar, folklore, music, desi names, idioms and phrases and even jokes. Many members have put nice jokes which I later put on wiki, after converting them into Devnagari. Members have also given inputs in threads like “Famous Jat People” and Burdak ji has utilized these inputs in Jat History at wiki. As Satyeswar has written, the site’s software recognizes only the editor of the page. Nevertheless, pages on language, folklore etc. are results of members’ common efforts though Burdak ji and myself have been overseeing and making corrections/ additions on a regular basis.

Earlier, I was also not very familiar with wiki and did not know that a database for each contributor is created automatically.

Pages on villages and gotras are now containing rich and valuable information. Members may take interest in editing them further. Wiki pages are stationary and they do not go into oblivion (date wise) like threads.

Deswalji,

The names of Sunitaji and Jintendraji can be put on the discussion page of respective articles to recognize their contributions. That can be the only corrective step.

regards,

This is what I wanted. There are many things written by somebody else and put on wikki by others. Like Sanjeet Ahlawat, Sunita Hooda, Dharampal Ji ... So I feel that if somebody else is putting others creation on wikki then his/her name can be quoted there with no harm.

Hope this will be implemented now and we can see the names as Laxman ji have suggested. :)

In future we can ask the person himself to put his creation on wikki rather than pasting under our name.

jitendershooda
February 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
I feel there should be some lines drawn on wiki share.

We are putting authors name on some and cant put the same on others why?

DnD ji and Laxman Ji are doing great job in compiling. There is no match for them.

But
still they have picked many a things from others writeups. It is always better to mention his/her name.

1) Either we should ask the author only to put the material on wiki
OR
2) We shouldnot hesitate to mention the writers/original authors name in the wiki section too. We can do like Author:ABC and Compilation by: XYZ
If contributors are many then we can provide the link of JL thread or something similar.

Like in the link below

http://www.jatland.com/home/%E0%A4%A4%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%9C_:_%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%B0%E 0%A4%AF%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A3%E0%A4%BE_%E0%A4%95%E0%A4 %BE_%E0%A4%AE%E0%A5%81%E0%A4%96%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AF_ %E0%A4%A4%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AF%E0%A5%8C%E0%A4%B9%E0%A 4%BE%E0%A4%B0

was picked from

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20988&highlight=teej

like the dictionary thread
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12202&page=2&highlight=treasure

and
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12762

lrburdak
February 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
I got help from two members for Rajasthani dictionary So I did their acknowledgment on Rajasthani_Language as under:

Rajasthani Language online Web Dictionary has been prepared by me in consultation with my wife Gomati Burdak. She has been instrument for providing the exact words of Rajasthani Language and their pronunciations. Nidhi Jethoo from Jaipur also contributed large number of words.

This can be seen on

http://www.jatland.com/home/Talk:Rajasthani_Language

This can be one way.

Other way is that all authors can put their names at the bottom. Initially there will be one author name but when later on other person adds some content he can put his name at second in order and so on. For example

Authors

1. DN Deswal

2.Sunita Hooda

Regards,

ndahiya
February 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
For the all the noise about getting credit, why don't people just go in and make changes themselves! Yes, some of us made wiki contributions that are not reflected in the history tab. Terrible!!! Now that everyone knows, lets get on with it.

I do not think it is appropriate to name contributors to a wiki article in the article body itself, especially popular articles that many people contribute to. For articles substantially written by one person/group AND with a lot of content, one could make an case for naming them (still a weak case in my view). Over time, as more people contribute to the article, the attribution ought to be removed.

The History tab tracks all contributions/changes (at least going forward). We track total edits by users in the wiki in the forum profile as well.

By naming "authors" you make it less likely for others to pitch in. Also what qualifies? What if someone make one small change ? One big change? What is small or big? Who decides?

Wiki as a concept is collaborative content creation, and not a tool for direct attribution (It is not a blog), so let us not recreate the purpose of the medium. According to wikipedia, "A wiki is a page or collection of Web pages designed to enable anyone who accesses it to contribute or modify content, using a simplified markup language." (emphasis mine)

The wiki is equally accessible by everyone. Everyone has pretty much the same right and ability to edit every page (except a few pages main navigation pages that only mods can edit). There is no "ownership" of pages. We should keep it that way.

This is not something that needs to be discussed ad infinitum. The mods can decide on a policy on this, if needed. For me as a member, the very concept of the wiki provides a good enough answer.

sanjeev_balyan
February 3rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
aur kaee chijje jud gi profile me
Satty bhai, ye point, level, activity percentage, activity credits ko samjhayenge pl

satyeshwar
February 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,
Several of you may have seen points and activity bars in your profile as well as in your threads, and may be wondering what they are all about. Hopefully, this post should clear all your doubts.

We want to encourage activity and positive contribution at Jatland. Several factors will lead to your overall points. For example, how many people do you refer Jatland to (when a new person becomes a member, they can put your name as the referrer), how many album pictures you have, how many friends you have, how many threads you start or take part in, how many social group discussion you are involved in etc. All of the above (and more such stats) will factor in an overall score that will automatically be calculated for you.
If we find that you are making a lot of WIKI updates, we can also award you points! We want to really encourage WIKI activity as that leads to a complete and authoritative source of information for everyone.

Activity is going to be how many days are you present on Jatland and on those days that you are present, how many threads are you a part of.

BTW, Infractions will hurt your overall score considerably. So please try to avoid them!

-Satyeshwar

sunitahooda
February 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Satyeshwar is it possible to give an option to PRONOUNCE the words in Wiki section as it is given in www.dictionary.com? So that the reader gets an idea how to speak words properly and can use effectively?

satyeshwar
February 3rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Will look into this Sunita. Good suggestion! :)

sunitahooda
February 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
In Top 5 stats only these 4 are shown? Can we add one more to this....any one like most Wiki Updates....
User Stats-

Newest Members
Top Posters
Top Thread Starters
Top Referrers

Apart from this i wish to pacify my curiosity about the newly added feature below names- The activity percentage / Level & Points, what do they mean and how these are added/counted? Many must be wondering like me:)

Nishantrathi82
February 3rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone,
Several of you may have seen points and activity bars in your profile as well as in your threads, and may be wondering what they are all about. Hopefully, this post should clear all your doubts.

We want to encourage activity and positive contribution at Jatland. Several factors will lead to your overall points. For example, how many people do you refer Jatland to (when a new person becomes a member, they can put your name as the referrer), how many album pictures you have, how many friends you have, how many threads you start or take part in, how many social group discussion you are involved in etc. All of the above (and more such stats) will factor in an overall score that will automatically be calculated for you.
If we find that you are making a lot of WIKI updates, we can also award you points! We want to really encourage WIKI activity as that leads to a complete and authoritative source of information for everyone.

Activity is going to be how many days are you present on Jatland and on those days that you are present, how many threads are you a part of.

BTW, Infractions will hurt your overall score considerably. So please try to avoid them!

-Satyeshwar

Great Work Bagh and i hope that u already had this point in analysing before giving the points to individual that people who are droping irrelevant and useless posts should not get any positive points and it should have work against their scores.

sachinb
February 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Bhai Sateyshwar, ye naye naye Bar Diagram kis cheej ke se,,,,meri activity to 100% se par bhai Level kati dharti ke maah bithyaa raakhya se,,,,iska ke criteria hai

Will look into this Sunita. Good suggestion! :)

sunitahooda
February 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Bagh...manna batayiye iss nai....fer yo double active ho jaga....Arr Sachin activity 100% ka matlab sai akk tu bhatera active sai....aur kimme kar ley ibb:pBakass dey JL nai;)
Bhai Sateyshwar, ye naye naye Bar Diagram kis cheej ke se,,,,meri activity to 100% se par bhai Level kati dharti ke maah bithyaa raakhya se,,,,iska ke criteria hai

sumitsehrawat
February 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Dekh lo sab adey apne apne level...
http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php

Mera level 40 hai... mushkil paas huya hu kati borderline pe :D:D!!

aur dekho...

http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=earn
http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=stats

The activity percentage / Level & Points, what do they mean and how these are added/counted? Many must be wondering like me:)

sachinb
February 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Activity mein to mera number sabte aage se,,,,,,,bas Level kati dharti mein se

Dekh lo sab adey apne apne level...
http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php

Mera level 40 hai... mushkil paas huya hu kati borderline pe :D:D!!

aur dekho...

http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=earn
http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=stats

satyeshwar
February 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=196021&postcount=83

Read the last sentence of this post.

sumitsehrawat
February 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Bhai aapne k dukh se... award te mil he gaya... Sitewide activity Award :)!!
http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=awards

Activity mein to mera number sabte aage se,,,,,,,bas Level kati dharti mein se

andyjat
February 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Wiki Edits kay kitne point hai

shweta123
February 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Wiki Edits ke itne points karne se nuksaan hi hoga :o

Har koi do ek line likh aayega chahe kuch pata ho ya na :rolleyes:

What about the quality?

And now points on number of posts - what about the quality?

In all the criterias for assigning points - quantity matters !!

prashantacmet
February 3rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Shweta bobbo, don't u think it is a tedious task to evaluate the quality of a post? I think there is no other way to determine the quality of a post except manual process. Who is raedy to take it up?

dndeswal
February 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM

What about the quality?

Yes, these are valid suggestions. Jatland Wiki is a useful source of information. Please do contribute generously without caring for points. "karm karo, phal ki ichha mat karo".

Someone had written objectionable remarks in the wiki page attributed to Ch. Ajit Singh - "he is a good example of opportunism and bhai-bhatijawad". I had to remove it and requested Mods to warn the concerned member.

So, please contribute positively in wiki. Please do not take it as a fun - as is being done in discussion forum threads (by certain members). Negative remarks against Jat personalities etc. in wiki pages could lead to infraction and your points will plummet to zero !

shweta123
February 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Shweta bobbo, don't u think it is a tedious task to evaluate the quality of a post? I think there is no other way to determine the quality of a post except manual process. Who is raedy to take it up?
Then why to give numbers for it at all ! There are people all posts of whom are just 'hahahaaa', 'Nice' etc etc. I mean which is nowhere a post worth a penny.

Even we people do write silly things on spur of a moment. Then, counting such things and assigning points for the same means nothing !

sachinb
February 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
yes you are right people are hell bent on quantity only, and my single point agenda is to expose the so called veneer of truth

What about the quality?

rakeshsehrawat
February 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
i don't think this points and activity graph will be used for any prize

Satyeshwar ji pehlam e aade thoda khosda bajai hai ke???
ib saare active ho jyange .
ar jab thode se jat active hon mein e aade kackad mach gya to saare active hoye pache ke hoga?????:thappad:thappad:thappad

this change is not good

devdahiya
February 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Wa bhai wa Warriors at work...Good!

prashantacmet
February 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Then why to give numbers for it at all ! There are people all posts of whom are just 'hahahaaa', 'Nice' etc etc. I mean which is nowhere a post worth a penny.

Even we people do write silly things on spur of a moment. Then, counting such things and assigning points for the same means nothing !

These points will motivate the enthusiasm of the members:D.. Don't go for the spirit of the posts;)......lage raho points banawan main...........

satyeshwar
February 3rd, 2009, 11:53 PM
First of all, I find it hard to believe that people would do an embarrassing thing like putting in rubbish in a WIKI. Every one can see who edited that page and adding incorrect information will only lead to public embarrassment.

Also, there will be governance by Jatland moderators, WIKI editors and fellow members. If anyone finds a person adding incorrect information, please let the moderators know about it and we will take action in the form of infractions (which hurt the points much much more and destroy your reputation), leading up to temporary/permanent bans!

Posts have very little points associated to them so it won't really matter if people are just replying to someone's threads expressing support or giving thanks.

Finally, for those against these numbers, you have the option to ignore them!
-Satyeshwar

sachinb
February 4th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Bhai Sattey, thanks to you and your whole team of Moderators for awarding me Activity Award,,,,Bhai vo tagma dekh ke issaa laagge se jaanu Paramvir Chakra tang rhyaa ho chhaati pe:rock3 kilkiiiiiiiiiii isse baat pe

Providing these information is good,,,,ye ek Mil ka Pathar Sabeet hogi JL par,,,,,,,,

ar bhai isme kisse ne bura manan ki bi ke jarurat se,,,,,lyo batao mera Level kati khadde mein laagya padya se,,,par koye baat naa:rock

-Satyeshwar

sunitahooda
February 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Bagh..this is not done....really! Membes have to ignore sooooooooooo much....ALREADY! I'm wondering then what will be left to pay attention and read:confused:Pehle to members ko ignore karo( just pretend) then their posts....their pictures....their discussion in any thread....aur ab ye points bhi ignore karo....kahin pe UNN members ka naam hai kisi bhi highest ranking mein to dil pe kya gujarti hai....:DNeed i mention all that here;) You have to help the members Bagh....Paleej:o

-Satyeshwar

lrburdak
February 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
The improvements and changes in Jatland site should be put at one place on Jatland Wiki so that one can refer there and understand. Threads will be lost and become untraceable.
We can define significance of

Activity:
Infractions:
Authorship:
Dos & Donts:
Jatland Netiquettes:

I suggest to put this type of content on Jatland Wiki at

http://www.jatland.com/home/Jatland_Wiki_tutorial

regards,

anilsinghd
February 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Bagh..this is not done....really! Membes have to ignore sooooooooooo much....ALREADY! I'm wondering then what will be left to pay attention and read:confused:Pehle to members ko ignore karo( just pretend) then their posts....their pictures....their discussion in any thread....aur ab ye points bhi ignore karo....kahin pe UNN members ka naam hai kisi bhi highest ranking mein to dil pe kya gujarti hai....:DNeed i mention all that here;) You have to help the members Bagh....Paleej:o

Main aapki baat se sehmat hun Sunita ji , yeh sarasar naainsaafi hai ki aap sab ke points and level :D mere se batti hain :D

ek ek word ki kasam , mere jitne lambe paragraph koi nahi likh sakta :D
kai tai member bhi dukhi ho le sain :rolleyes:

satyeshwar
February 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,
Finally, the profile pics are back!!!! I apologize for taking so long to make this change but it was quite a pain to figure out the right code.
Anyways, everyone should see their pics in their posts now. If someone doesn't, can they please let me know?
-Satyeshwar

sachinb
February 5th, 2009, 09:02 AM
kati sahi picture deekhan laag rhi se bhai sattey,,,you are looking smart:),,maadi moti vaar laag gi koye baat nahi

Hi everyone,
Finally, the profile pics are back!!!! I apologize for taking so long to make this change but it was quite a pain to figure out the right code.
Anyways, everyone should see their pics in their posts now. If someone doesn't, can they please let me know?
-Satyeshwar

andyjat
February 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,
-Satyeshwar
thank you Satyeshwar
I think their is no need to apologize you are doing a fine job here.

thanks again for putting the pics back

anilsangwan
February 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Also, there will be governance by Jatland moderators, WIKI editors and fellow members. If anyone finds a person adding incorrect information, please let the moderators know about it and we will take action in the form of infractions (which hurt the points much much more and destroy your reputation), leading up to temporary/permanent bans!
-Satyeshwar

Hi Satyeshwar,

Great job brother! You have changed the way now people look at their contribution on JL. Activities on wiki have increased. Kudos!!

One clarification - How many points are awarded for wiki edits. I could not find this info on Community >> Activity Level >> Earn Points page. Kindly let me know if I have ignored this information somewhere. Thanks

sachinb
February 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
hmmmm main bi kahu ke sangwaan aaj tadke uthata e ranking mein kyukar bad gyaaa:D

Hi Satyeshwar,

One clarification - How many points are awarded for wiki edits. I could not find this info on Community >> Activity Level >> Earn Points page. Kindly let me know if I have ignored this information somewhere. Thanks

anilsangwan
February 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
hmmmm main bi kahu ke sangwaan aaj tadke uthata e ranking mein kyukar bad gyaaa:D

Yes brother because Jitu hooda ki tarah maine bhi wiki edits kiye they...and I am not able to find points for it...so thought of asking Satyeshwar..

satyeshwar
February 6th, 2009, 12:53 AM
WIKI edits have no points right now. Until we write some more code to automatically integrate this, we will have to give out points on an occasional basis when we see someone has made a lot of edits. Don't worry about the points :) Keep editing the WIKI pages! They will definitely carry more points than regular posts.

jitendershooda
February 9th, 2009, 01:45 PM
For the all the noise about getting credit, why don't people just go in and make changes themselves! Yes, some of us made wiki contributions that are not reflected in the history tab. Terrible!!! Now that everyone knows, lets get on with it.

Lyo bhai saab kar di pher te shuru-aat :)

Added the following:
ठाढा मारै ... रोवण दे ना,
खाट खोस ले ... सोवण दे ना (Might Is Right, or The Survival of the Fittest)

Nugra नुगरा कृत्घन One who does not have praise/value for the favour done

jitendershooda
February 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
WIKI edits have no points right now. Until we write some more code to automatically integrate this, we will have to give out points on an occasional basis when we see someone has made a lot of edits. Don't worry about the points :) Keep editing the WIKI pages! They will definitely carry more points than regular posts.

Bhai Saab recent changes are nice. Like Anil said this will encourage members to enrich wiki. All credit to you and mods :)

loginrahul
February 9th, 2009, 03:14 PM
m getting mystified with points and activity bars

vivektaliyan
February 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM
satyeshwer Bhai..Ihave a problem . Every time when I go to chaupal I have to reset avatars. May I know why?

Last setting are not there.??/

satyeshwar
February 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Hi Vivek,
Another member had brought it to my attention some time back. Unfortunately, the latest version of the software is broken! It will take some time before a new version of the software is released and this problem is fixed.

satyeshwar
February 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM

Hi everyone,
I added back the feature where all the albums are now showing from a single link. When we upgraded to new software, it removed all this and I had to manually go and change it. Enjoy the pics!
-Satyeshwar

sachinb
February 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks Sattey bhai, you people are doing a wonderful job:rock

Great MODS

Hi everyone,
I added back the feature where all the albums are now showing from a single link. When we upgraded to new software, it removed all this and I had to manually go and change it. Enjoy the pics!
-Satyeshwar

anilsinghd
February 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,
-Satyeshwar

Nice work Satyeshwar! If things moving on , it always helps :)

bagamalik
February 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Bhaio mere khyal te sab te pahla thread ka reply karte time soch samjh ke utter dene ki jaroorat hai.

jab tak personal comment jaari rahenge ki software development kar lo problem te rahni se

but achhe achhe sujhaw mil rahe se

Nishantrathi82
February 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197713&posted=1#post197713

Bagh pls look at the above Thread its nice suggestion.

rakeshsehrawat
February 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
In Jatland Wiki Jat Villages are shown by name
I think it would be better if we saggrigate them State and districtwise.

lrburdak
February 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
There are categories at the bottom of each village where you can see by state or by districts.

Regards,

rakeshsehrawat
February 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
There are categories at the bottom of each village where you can see by state or by districts.

Regards,
Thank You Sir
I have seen Villages in Rohtak a lot of villages that are shown in Village list are missing.

One more thing i want that messages in groups to be shown like orkut latest message on first page.

anilsinghd
February 17th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Dear Admins ,

I guess the most important improvement needeed for JL is to establish clear rules and policies in terms of handling with people! Remember handling of people is not an easy task.

I see a couple of threads arbitrarily closed with some very vague/irrelavant reasons given.

If you do not want to encourage people to discuss , please tell us , we ( at least I ) would be happy to stay away from any posts of a discussion sort.

The sole responsibility of closing a thread should be with the author of the thread unless the thread is duplicated/irrelavant/inappropriate content or something out of ordinary!

Randomly closing the threads just shows the rude side of yourselves and nothing else!

Regards,
Anil

sachinb
February 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Anil Sir,

"Meri Pasand ko Angreji Gaana" jaise thread ka kyaa karna chaahiye,,,,uska to thread starter is also banned,,,,ye thread chale jaa rahaa hai aur chale jaa rahaaa hai,,,,,aur koyi bhi jaa ke dekhle saara "Copy Paste Material" hai,,,,,,

kyi baar logo ko aise thread se chid ho jaati hain jahaan achha humor mil raha ho,,,,aur uske khilaaf complaint karne lag jaate hain,,,,,,lekin aise aise threads jo Copy Paste material se bhare pade hain and atleast to me they dont look like solving any purpose on JL.

Ye Copy Paste waale material bilkul bandh hone chaahiye

Dear Admins ,

I guess the most important improvement needeed for JL is to establish clear rules and policies in terms of handling with people! Remember handling of people is not an easy task.

I see a couple of threads arbitrarily closed with some very vague/irrelavant reasons given.

If you do not want to encourage people to discuss , please tell us , we ( at least I ) would be happy to stay away from any posts of a discussion sort.

The sole responsibility of closing a thread should be with the author of the thread unless the thread is duplicated/irrelavant/inappropriate content or something out of ordinary!

Randomly closing the threads just shows the rude side of yourselves and nothing else!

Regards,
Anil

anilsinghd
February 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Anil Sir,

"Meri Pasand ko Angreji Gaana" jaise thread ka kyaa karna chaahiye,,,,uska to thread starter is also banned,,,,ye thread chale jaa rahaa hai aur chale jaa rahaaa hai,,,,,aur koyi bhi jaa ke dekhle saara "Copy Paste Material" hai,,,,,,

kyi baar logo ko aise thread se chid ho jaati hain jahaan achha humor mil raha ho,,,,aur uske khilaaf complaint karne lag jaate hain,,,,,,lekin aise aise threads jo Copy Paste material se bhare pade hain and atleast to me they dont look like solving any purpose on JL.

Ye Copy Paste waale material bilkul bandh hone chaahiye

I am pretty sure a couple of threads do not get the whole server down! :) So it seems futile enough an reason to cloase a thread! There can be other solutions of transferring historical data to another server or something else.
It just seems that some day some moderator just wakes up and randomly closes N number of threads of his/her choice!
If you do not want to fost er talks/discussions , please convey that beforehand and we might be happy to do what you guys intend!

dndeswal
February 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Earlier, the "Edit" button used to be available after 24 hours of writing a post. The writer of the post had the option to edit his/her post within 24 hours.

It seems this time-limit has been reduced now. I wanted to edit one of my posts which I wrote yesterday (only wanted to correct a minor typographical error). But the 'Edit' button is not available !

Grateful if someone could clarify this.

sunitahooda
February 20th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Moderators....a suggestion....threads like Ban/ Lift ban shud be in General Talk forum....About Jatland forum should be meant for serious discussion related to JL's betterment :) like operations n policies etc.

anilsinghd
February 21st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Moderators....a suggestion....threads like Ban/ Lift ban shud be in General Talk forum....About Jatland forum should be meant for serious discussion related to JL's betterment :) like operations n policies etc.

Kaisi baatein karti ho aap "S"unita ji !!!

JL is about its members and members ka discussion to about jatland mein hi hona chaah !!!

Aandolan ho jaaga is baat pe !! :eek:

VirenderNarwal
February 21st, 2009, 12:31 AM
If someone make a post today and having editing option till 24 hours, in between that long gap period some members may make more post concern to be editing post, but after lengthy period of editing it seems all concern posts may lost the meaning of relevant post, to avoid such circumstances we decide to reduce the period from 24 hours to 6 hours. Although if any member want any major change after 6 hours also they can approach to moderators, who have option to edit any post any time.

VivekGathwala
February 21st, 2009, 03:09 AM
If someone make a post today and having editing option till 24 hours, in between that long gap period some members may make more post concern to be editing post, but after lengthy period of editing it seems all concern posts may lost the meaning of relevant post, to avoid such circumstances we decide to reduce the period from 24 hours to 6 hours. Although if any member want any major change after 6 hours also they can approach to moderators, who have option to edit any post any time.

appreciated that effort ............from jatland admin

vivektaliyan
February 21st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Dear Admins ,

Regards,
Anil

Bhai very true...
There should be some conditions....

1. Thread should be closed as per the request of thread owner.
2. Thread owner is not replying.
3. Irrilivent discussion. (First give a warning)
4. No reply by any one JL member from long time.

Pls add more if any thing left.

There are so many exampals. But recent one...

How to deal with pakistan http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26161&page=12

Not enough reason by Manisha ji to closed the thread.

I am not going to discuss any more " Kam likhe ko jyada samazna"

Pls consider the same.:)

sunitahooda
February 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Satyeshwar..a suggestion..not to declare new moderator's name in future..reason-People tend to pin point negative behavior, start to befriend with them, hence, get blames of being baised n doing favor, moderators name shudn't have words like Editor/Administrator..all mails to be sent thru single link to all moderators so that any of them can revert quickly. if any one has a problem then it shud be addressed to you Only]

anilsinghd
February 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Satyeshwar..a suggestion..not to declare new moderator's name in future..reason-People tend to pin point negative behavior, start to befriend with them, hence, get blames of being baised n doing favor, moderators name shudn't have words like Editor/Administrator..all mails to be sent thru single link to all moderators so that any of them can revert quickly. if any one has a problem then it shud be addressed to you Only]

That's kind of cool ! [:)] I second the suggestion! Non-transparency but will benefit each one .... :)

satyeshwar
February 23rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Hi Sunita,
Infractions are already given through the moderator account. Multiple id emails also go from a common email account. "Contact-us" emails go to one acount and then to individual emails of the admins.
-Satyeshwar

sachinb
February 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Yes You are correct Sattey Bhai,,,,,,I got Infraction twice:rock and the intimation was from Moderator account.

Hi Sunita,
Infractions are already given through the moderator account. Multiple id emails also go from a common email account. "Contact-us" emails go to one acount and then to individual emails of the admins.
-Satyeshwar

SANDEEP5
February 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Sunita,
-Satyeshwar

Hi Satyeshwar,

Just wanna know one thing that for which reason a member will get infraction.

Agar samay ho to thoda sa vistar se bata dena, abhi tak to bacha hooa hoon is INFRACTION se aur agar iske baare me aur jaankari mil jaaye to shaayad aage bhi bacha rahoon. :)

vivektaliyan
February 24th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Bhai very true...

How to deal with pakistan http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26161&page=12

Bhai Satte thoda sa prakash ispe bhi daal dena ....agar sahi lage to:):)

satyeshwar
February 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Satyeshwar,

Just wanna know one thing that for which reason a member will get infraction.

Agar samay ho to thoda sa vistar se bata dena, abhi tak to bacha hooa hoon is INFRACTION se aur agar iske baare me aur jaankari mil jaaye to shaayad aage bhi bacha rahoon. :)

Hi Sandeep,
Infraction on Jatland means a "warning" from moderators. Nothing more, nothing less! It's given to a member for several reasons. Here they are in no particular order:
1) Most people get an infraction if their profile picture shows anything but their own picture. We don't want to see a face of your dog in there, no matter how much you love him!
2) Invalid location. Locations like "living in my own bubble" or "somewhere on this planet earth" are considered invalid.
3) Spamming/Advertisements. We don't want people to come here just to try to lure other unsuspecting members into their own money making games. Also, people don't like to see the same message in every forum.
4) Inappropriate Language. Don't use bad words....
5) Insulting other members. A little bit of leg pulling is okay, but when people start doing serious tu-tadaak and "main tujhe dekh loonga/loongi", then the mods have to put a stop to it.
6) If people don't agree to stop the first time around, they get further infractions that can lead to temporary or permanent bans. Every time they get an infraction, they lose 100 points as well which impacts badly on their overall image at Jatland.

So to summarize, infractions are given if a member's doing something completely out of line! For most members who use common sense to participate at Jatland, this shouldn't be a worry!
-Satyeshwar

satyeshwar
February 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Vivek and Anil,
Despite whatever members perceptions are, the stats will prove that moderators do not close down an overwhelming number of threads. In fact, some members would even debate that we don't close threads that in their opinion should be closed.
There can be numerous reasons for which we do have to close down a thread.

1) The most prominent reason being if we see that there is way too much fighting going on in between members. Giving infractions can resolve the matter if it's just a couple of members but if its a large number of participants, closing a thread is the best option.
2) If a thread was started for one reason and has been taken on a complete tangent and is no longer serving its purpose, the moderators can either ask the members to quickly come back or stop the thread as it is no longer serving its original purpose. BTW, I do not think this thread itself falls in this category yet as we are still clearing doubts of the members and making the site better.
3) If a member has posted the same thread in several sections (spamming). This will also invite an infraction for the use.
4) In humor section, if there is a non jat joke.
5) If the owner of the thread has specifically asked for a thread to be closed, the moderators can review it. It is fully within the rights of the moderators to deny such requests. Usually though, we would not close it if others members have started discussing the subject. Typically, only freshly added threads fall in this category.

I hope this clears any of your doubts.
-Satyeshwar

Bhai very true...

sachinb
February 26th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Bhai ji,,,,you are correct,,,,,I have lost good 400 points and it was a real set back to me,,,ye point loose nahi karta to mera level kaafi upar hona thaa. Also it impacted my Image. Lekin pichhle kuchh dino mein maine kaafi kaam kiyaa hai Image sudhaarne ke liye:rock and i am getting very positive results:)

6) If people don't agree to stop the first time around, they get further infractions that can lead to temporary or permanent bans. Every time they get an infraction, they lose 100 points as well which impacts badly on their overall image at Jatland.

-Satyeshwar

satyeshwar
February 26th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Bhai ji,,,,you are correct,,,,,I have lost good 400 points and it was a real set back to me,,,ye point loose nahi karta to mera level kaafi upar hona thaa. Also it impacted my Image. Lekin pichhle kuchh dino mein maine kaafi kaam kiyaa hai Image sudhaarne ke liye:rock and i am getting very positive results:)

Hi Sachin,
This was our hope from the beginning and you are just confirming it for us. If we can slowly nudge people in the right direction, this will go a long way in the betterment of the site.
-Satyeshwar

vivektaliyan
February 26th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Vivek and Anil,
Despite whatever members perceptions are, the stats will prove that moderators do not close down an overwhelming number of threads. In fact, some members would even debate that we don't close threads that in their opinion should be closed.
There can be numerous reasons for which we do have to close down a thread.

1) The most prominent reason being if we see that there is way too much fighting going on in between members. Giving infractions can resolve the matter if it's just a couple of members but if its a large number of participants, closing a thread is the best option.
2) If a thread was started for one reason and has been taken on a complete tangent and is no longer serving its purpose, the moderators can either ask the members to quickly come back or stop the thread as it is no longer serving its original purpose. BTW, I do not think this thread itself falls in this category yet as we are still clearing doubts of the members and making the site better.
3) If a member has posted the same thread in several sections (spamming). This will also invite an infraction for the use.
4) In humor section, if there is a non jat joke.
5) If the owner of the thread has specifically asked for a thread to be closed, the moderators can review it. It is fully within the rights of the moderators to deny such requests. Usually though, we would not close it if others members have started discussing the subject. Typically, only freshly added threads fall in this category.

I hope this clears any of your doubts.
-Satyeshwar

Now it's clear ..Thanks for the same..

SANDEEP5
February 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hi Sandeep,
Infraction on Jatland means a "warning" from moderators. Nothing more, nothing less! It's given to a member for several reasons. Here they are in no particular order:
1) Most people get an infraction if their profile picture shows anything but their own picture. We don't want to see a face of your dog in there, no matter how much you love him!
2) Invalid location. Locations like "living in my own bubble" or "somewhere on this planet earth" are considered invalid.
3) Spamming/Advertisements. We don't want people to come here just to try to lure other unsuspecting members into their own money making games. Also, people don't like to see the same message in every forum.
4) Inappropriate Language. Don't use bad words....
5) Insulting other members. A little bit of leg pulling is okay, but when people start doing serious tu-tadaak and "main tujhe dekh loonga/loongi", then the mods have to put a stop to it.

So to summarize, infractions are given if a member's doing something completely out of line! For most members who use common sense to participate at Jatland, this shouldn't be a worry!
-Satyeshwar

Thanks a lot Satyeshwar for a prompt and crystal clear reply. :)

sachinb
February 27th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Sattey Bhai in total agreement with you,,,,,,,,we will also try helping mods and wherever need be will also help people in mellowing up for good:rock

Hi Sachin,
This was our hope from the beginning and you are just confirming it for us. If we can slowly nudge people in the right direction, this will go a long way in the betterment of the site.
-Satyeshwar

Nishantrathi82
March 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Top thread starters in last 60 days
kuldeeppunia25 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=22334)-36 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=22334&starteronly=1)-Bobby3711 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=22275)-29 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=22275&starteronly=1)-rakeshsehrawat (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=7480)-26 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=7480&starteronly=1)-bharti (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=324)-21 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=324&starteronly=1)-satyeshwar (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=1805)-18 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=1805&starteronly=1)

Bagh pls look at the above info i think its not correct.
For Bharti g and U i think numbers are not correct and for Rakesh also its not showing correct info. Just for ur reference so that u can fix the problem.
I beleive its not picking up the data for last 60 days only rest u can check from ur end :)

sunitahooda
March 2nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Nishant maybe for Satyeshwar and Bharti the system means CLOSED threads not STARTED;)
kuldeeppunia25 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=22334)-36 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=22334&starteronly=1)-Bobby3711 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=22275)-29 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=22275&starteronly=1)-rakeshsehrawat (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=7480)-26 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=7480&starteronly=1)-bharti (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=324)-21 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=324&starteronly=1)-satyeshwar (http://www.jatland.com/forums/member.php?u=1805)-18 (http://www.jatland.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=1805&starteronly=1)

For Bharti g and U i think numbers are not correct and for Rakesh also its not showing correct info. Just for ur reference so that u can fix the problem.
I beleive its not picking up the data for last 60 days only rest u can check from ur end :)

satyeshwar
March 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Actually, this means that Rakesh has been reporting several threads to us. Also, every time a moderator gives an infraction to anyone, it starts a thread in the admin section so that other mods can discuss it if need be. So, you know now that we are busy. :)

Nishantrathi82
March 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Actually, this means that Rakesh has been reporting several threads to us. Also, every time a moderator gives an infraction to anyone, it starts a thread in the admin section so that other mods can discuss it if need be. So, you know now that we are busy. :)

Hahaha Thanks Bagh for the clearification :)
I got it :)

anilsangwan
March 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM

Hummm....... Thanks Satyeshwar for the info.... now everyone knows which stats to concentrate on to find out what is happening :p

sachinb
March 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Bhai mere khyaal te yu Rakesh,,,tallle talle thread sarka jyaa se,,,,,,chaalan de ne gaadi ne:D

sachinb
March 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Sattey Bhai thread report karne ka kyaa matlab hua ,,,,,,how we take it:),,,mhaare threaddaa ki bi reporting ho se ke:D

Actually, this means that Rakesh has been reporting several threads to us. Also, every time a moderator gives an infraction to anyone, it starts a thread in the admin section so that other mods can discuss it if need be. So, you know now that we are busy.

anilsangwan
March 2nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Mhaarey toh 100 ke 100 report mein e jaatey hongey :mad: :mad: :mad:

Par TAATEY PAANI tein K GAAM FUKKYAA KAREIN.... Kheench k lele babbu Gaadi ne.... :D

,,,mhaare threaddaa ki bi reporting ho se ke:D

sachinb
March 2nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Haan Bhai meri to un bhi ghani shikaayat laagge se,,,,,, aur vaise bhi aajkaal main Image Conscious faaltu horyaa su,,,,,,,,

Par TAATEY PAANI tein K GAAM FUKKYAA KAREIN.... Kheench k lele babbu Gaadi ne.... :D

sunitahooda
March 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Ballu ki ky multiple ID banave sai tu Babbu Maan ka Title tai na de diya tanne:D

rakeshsehrawat
March 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Does That mean I should stop doing that?

satyeshwar
March 3rd, 2009, 12:44 AM

No, not at all! Reporting a post just means that a member wants a moderator to look at that post. It is usually done if something isn't right, like if people feel that the thread is losing its purpose, or if a few members are fighting in between themselves. The moderator may not decide to take any action and leave the thread alone, or even go after the submitter if they are reporting too many spurious incidences! However, I would like to encourage all members for *judiciously* reporting any issues. It's much better to bring it to the moderators attention instead of waiting for a lot of issues to pile up and then complaining that moderators don't take any action. It's just not possible for mods to go through every single line posted here and members can definitely help us improve the overall quality of the site (as long as they are not taking their grudges out!).
-Satyeshwar

rakeshsehrawat
March 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
One thing that i note:- time shown in latest posts at bottom and actual timing of post is different sometimes time shown at bottom for a particular post is 9:39 and actually it was posted at 8:39

Post which is latest is not shown or shown at bottom and post posted one day or one hour ago is shown at top

rakeshsehrawat
March 12th, 2009, 05:42 PM
What is maximum limit of picture uploading
I had uploaded 100
not able to upload more what should i do
i have a lot more to share

vivektaliyan
March 12th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Bhai Satye meine bhi ek thread report kiya tha:D...chammar ka gussa...
Bhi vo humar section mein non -jat joke hai. Par vo dino din badhta hi jaa raha hai.
Mein aap se puchna chahta hu ki kya non-jat joke allow hai???:confused:
Agar nahi to vo kis type ka joke hai.:confused:.aur abhi tak reporting ke baad bhi koi action kyon nahi liya gaya....;)
Pls reply.:)

vivektaliyan
March 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Rakesh bhai ib pata chala ..ye jitni bhi post delete hove hai..er thread close hove hai..in sabke picche tera hi haath hai...:p:p:p:p

satyeshwar
March 13th, 2009, 01:46 AM
What is maximum limit of picture uploading
I had uploaded 100
not able to upload more what should i do
i have a lot more to share

It is 100. I have increased it to 150. If you have more to share, you can remove old pics and put new ones in lieu of them.
-Satyeshwar

dndeswal
March 13th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Bhai Satye meine bhi ek thread report kiya tha:D...chammar ka gussa...
Bhi vo humar section mein non -jat joke hai. Par vo dino din badhta hi jaa raha hai.
Mein aap se puchna chahta hu ki kya non-jat joke allow hai???:confused:
Agar nahi to vo kis type ka joke hai.:confused:.aur abhi tak reporting ke baad bhi koi action kyon nahi liya gaya....;)
Pls reply.:)

Vivek, it is a pure desi joke and does not come in the category of "non-Jat Joke".

rakeshsehrawat
March 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM
It is 100. I have increased it to 150. If you have more to share, you can remove old pics and put new ones in lieu of them.
-Satyeshwar
Thanks a lot sir
http://www.jatland.com/forums/album.php?albumid=750
http://www.jatland.com/forums/album.php?albumid=750&page=2
http://www.jatland.com/forums/album.php?albumid=735
http://www.jatland.com/forums/album.php?albumid=735&page=2

vivektaliyan
March 13th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Vivek, it is a pure desi joke and does not come in the category of "non-Jat Joke".

DND sir, Pls let me know the full definition of NON jat joke. And why the mentioned joke is not consider as non-jat joke.?/

vivektaliyan
March 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Pls check the link I think this definition 100% suits.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpost.php?p=184010&postcount=12

JAT jokes are the jokes "for JATs", "about JATs", "told by JATs", "told to JATs".:rock:rock:rock

vivektaliyan
March 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Bhai Satye In jobs and carrer section there should be one more option that is.................Government Jobs.............

We are just looking for pvt. Jobs.. but there are so many jobs in govt. sec with good future growth.

What do u think ?????:):)

satyeshwar
March 13th, 2009, 11:00 PM
DND sir, Pls let me know the full definition of NON jat joke. And why the mentioned joke is not consider as non-jat joke.?/

We allow jokes that are related to Jats even if they aren't of our community. Meaning they are associated with villages, culture, lifestyle in which Jats and other similar communities live in. Just like DND ji mentioned, if there is a desi element to jokes, we will allow them. However, regurgitating sardar/blonde jokes as Jat jokes just by replacing these words isn't allowed!
-Satyeshwar

satyeshwar
March 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Bhai Satye In jobs and carrer section there should be one more option that is.................Government Jobs.............

We are just looking for pvt. Jobs.. but there are so many jobs in govt. sec with good future growth.

What do u think ?????:):)

You can put all other jobs (including Govt. jobs) in Misc section.
-Satyeshwar

anilsinghd
March 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
We allow jokes that are related to Jats even if they aren't of our community. Meaning they are associated with villages, culture, lifestyle in which Jats and other similar communities live in. Just like DND ji mentioned, if there is a desi element to jokes, we will allow them. However, regurgitating sardar/blonde jokes as Jat jokes just by replacing these words isn't allowed!
-Satyeshwar

@ Members:

And to add on from my side , do not expect moderators/admins to be algorithmic on this , its a subjective issue at times and they might tend to miss a few that need to be off or those who need to be on !
So dont make a lot of hue and cry on what should be what.

Categorisation is in itself a difficult task! :)

lrburdak
March 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
You can put all other jobs (including Govt. jobs) in Misc section.
-Satyeshwar

Hi Satyeshwarji,

We can think of a page on JL Wiki about career guidance?

vivektaliyan
March 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM
-Satyeshwar

Thanks satte bhai for guidence....

anilsinghd
March 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Satyeshwarji,

We can think of a page on JL Wiki about career guidance?

Something like an interactive thingy ? New entry can ask plethora of questions (real time / static) to many of the experienced ones out here !!

Suggested this long time back.

Information sharing is waht i would coin such an initiative! :)

lrburdak
March 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Sateshwar !

Following error occurs while uploading image in JL Wiki:

Error creating thumbnail: /home/jatland/public_html/w/bin/ulimit4.sh: line 4: /usr/local/bin/convert: No such file or directory

And the image is not visible. Do something to improve.

Regards,

satyeshwar
March 21st, 2009, 05:15 AM
Hi Burdak ji,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This should be fixed now.
-Satyeshwar

sunitahooda
March 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Bagh didn't like this NEW face of CHAUPAL....not a wee bit....all amazing smilies are gone. Its so lifeless, please change it to the previous one if not much of a hassel....PLEASE:)

satyenderdeswal
March 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
But the removal of PM option is really good..:)
Bagh didn't like this NEW face of CHAUPAL....not a wee bit....all amazing smilies are gone. Its so lifeless, please change it to the previous one if not much of a hassel....PLEASE:)

sunitahooda
March 21st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Do you know how much it has benefitted till now? You dont even have a clue;)

Lagta hai tumhe kisi ney DHAMKA diya PM mein:p

satyenderdeswal
March 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Dear mam....It helped me a lot.Mujhey ab dhamkiya nahi milti...;) and I really want to Thank Satyeshwar ji from my heart for this act...
Do you know how much it had benefitted till now? You dont even have a clue;)

Lagta hai tumhe kisi ney DHAMKA diya PM mein:p

mukeshkumar007
March 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
The new look of the choupal is really not user friendly. Very BAD EXPERIENCE. PLZ CHANGE IT TO THE PREVIOUS ONE ONLY.

vivektaliyan
March 21st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Dear Satte bhai...
According to me agar aap chaupal ko bachana chahte hai to vahi purana swarup pradan karne ki kripa kare...

I don't think that any body like new chaupal...:o

Mein to vapas kabhi nahi jana chahuga....:eek:

anuchhikara
March 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
sateyshwar ji..............pahle wala format hi implement kar do chaupal ka....this one is not user friendly n vry inconvenient!!!!!

dndeswal
March 22nd, 2009, 05:08 AM

PM option is still there - see your profile and click "Contact Info".

Why is it good to remove PM option?

Satyender Deswal http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/buttons/sendtofriend.gif Post a visitor message for satyenderdeswal (http://www.jatland.com/forums/visitormessage.php?do=message&u=21523)
http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/buttons/sendtofriend.gif Send a private message to satyenderdeswal (http://www.jatland.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=21523)
http://www.jatland.com/forums/images/buttons/sendtofriend.gif Send a message via email to satyenderdeswal (http://www.jatland.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=21523)

sunitahooda
March 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
DND Ji ....yo chaupal aale PM ki baat kare tha;)
PM option is still there - see your profile and click "Contact Info".

Why is it good to remove PM option?

dndeswal
March 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
DND Ji ....yo chaupal aale PM ki baat kare tha;)

Oho - sorry ji. Chaupal ke PM ka mannei dhyan nahin rahya.

Waise, chaupal mein PM system band nahin hona chahiye. It has some advantages.