PDA

View Full Version : Should Women not stick to their fathers' surname ???

yatinder19
January 21st, 2009, 08:06 PM
Actor Sanjay Dutt may have a macho image, but he is being branded a male chauvinist :p and earning flak from women's groups ;) for speaking against women using their father's surname after marriage. The actor was taking a dig at his sister Priya Dutt :boxing."Women should not stick to their fathers' surname after marriage. It will be disrespect:eek: for their husbands. They must adopt their husbands' surname. I would have felt bad had Manyata stuck to her father's surname," he said on Sunday.

Whats your say in this???

devdahiya
January 22nd, 2009, 06:53 AM
Yatinder it is hardly an issue.Ultimately our KARMAS matter...rest has no locus standee.

amans
January 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
Old movies of sanjay dutt show him with drooping eyes that lead me to believe that he had been taking drugs sometime before. He has the same look somewhat even now. Is his gun case still going on? Isn't this manyata a muslim? She is not beautiful. Has sanjay dutt married her under pressure from underworld dons? Why this man cannot stay in 1 marriage? Even while married second time he was making out with bollywood heroines and who knows which girl. Isn't he over the hill being more than 40 years old? When will these old men - 40 years old realize they are not young men anymore? They are acting in movies with heroines less than half their ages. Shah rukh khan is over 40 just like aamir, salman but they act in public like they are in their 20's or teens! Have they got no self respect? It is remarkably okay with Indian movie watching public that old men - over 40 play heroes with girls less than half their ages! Double standards. Who is sanjay to tell her sister to not use dutt surname? His sister has every right to do that. Her dislike for that old not good looking hag manyata may be based on valid reasons that only she and dutt know.

yatinder19
January 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yatinder it is hardly an issue.Ultimately our KARMAS matter...rest has no locus standee.
Its true...
You have written Gold...

poonamchaudhary
January 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
This is nothing but another instance of patriarchal mentality ! Women are supposed to sacrifice everything while men sit at ease and enjoy their privileges. Why can't a woman keep her surname? Afterall she is born in that surname. Its not just the question of whether it matters or not. Rather we need to think why it matters. Does a man change his surname after marriage? Does a man leave his house after marriage? A woman does it all. Who has dictated it...the society of course. The society which is male dominated think it nothing but offensive if women do not follow these set rules. If women today are keeping their maiden surname, its because they want to keep their identity intact. One's name is part of one's identity and changing it just because one is married is like compromising with one's identity. But still it should be entirely upto the woman in question. If she wishes to retain the father's surname then let her but if she wishes to change on her own accord then also its fine. What Sanjay Dutt thinks and says is entirely his opinion but somewhere it also reflects the attitude of men in our society. Though all men don't think that way.

Actor Sanjay Dutt may have a macho image, but he is being branded a male chauvinist :p and earning flak from women's groups ;) for speaking against women using their father's surname after marriage. The actor was taking a dig at his sister Priya Dutt :boxing."Women should not stick to their fathers' surname after marriage. It will be disrespect:eek: for their husbands. They must adopt their husbands' surname. I would have felt bad had Manyata stuck to her father's surname," he said on Sunday.

Whats your say in this???

rakeshsehrawat
January 22nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Ye Gandhi ko kyon nahi chodna chahti??????????

Politics mein bhi ayegi aur sirname bhi yehi rakhegi

Gandhi Chut gaya to vote nahi milengi

sachinb
January 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Bahut khoob kaha Dev Bhai aapne,,,,Hamare aapke Karam hi sab kuchh hain,,,,,,,,,,These few words from you are Gold Mines

shweta123
January 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Ye Gandhi ko kyon nahi chodna chahti??????????

Politics mein bhi ayegi aur sirname bhi yehi rakhegi

kyonki wo nahi chodana chahti hogi chahe politics ya no - politics ! :rolleyes:

Why u wish to correlate it to politics ? :tamatar
Or, do you have some 'special peeping eyes' so that you can know exactly why someone does something :cool:

Stop bringing out your own sad conclusions out of everything !

rakeshsehrawat
January 22nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
kyonki wo nahi chodana chahti hogi chahe politics ya no - politics ! :rolleyes:

Why u wish to correlate it to politics ? :tamatar
Or, do you have some 'special peeping eyes' so that you can know exactly why someone does something :cool:

Stop bringing out your own sad conclusions out of everything !
Aaap to kisi conclusion par pahunch nahi sakti kyonki aapki ek problem hai conclusion pe pahunch ke aapko conclusion se problem hone lagti hai aur unse bhi jo kisi conclusion par pahunch jate hain.

This is related to politics i am not corelating it. I have eyes and i use them to see what about you ???
You have eyes but you are not using them .
You know what your problem is ????You don't want to see anything except shortcomings in others so my suggestion to you is just have a good look at yourself and then only start looking at other then oly you can know how far you are behind others. You can lead but you like to be a follower only.Now don't start correcting my conclusion and come up with some conclusion about yourself and do something better. I feel you can rest you know about yourself

shweta123
January 22nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Aaap to kisi conclusion par pahunch nahi sakti kyonki aapki ek problem hai conclusion pe pahunch ke aapko conclusion se problem hone lagti hai aur unse bhi jo kisi conclusion par pahunch jate hain.

This is related to politics i am not corelating it. I have eyes and i use them to see what about you ???
You have eyes but you are not using them .
You know what your problem is ????You don't want to see anything except shortcomings in others so my suggestion to you is just have a good look at yourself and then only start looking at other then oly you can know how far you are behind others. You can lead but you like to be a follower only.Now don't start correcting my conclusion and come up with some conclusion about yourself and do something better. I feel you can rest you know about yourself
May be I have so many shortcomings, rather may be many more than those you pointed out. But I couldnt get why for you pointed these out - just for the sake of easing your mind out by pointing at me?

Then , hope you are feeling better now !

Now what you think you are doing by writing all these things about me, just because I asked you not to correlate things in the way you like ?

Do you think that people will not recognise the name 'Priyanka Wadhera'? How on earth can you predict that she must have loved to changed her name, but she hasnt just to seek votes?

I am far behind others is absolutely okay with me, now where are you standing tall ?

I dont need an answer !

mukeshkumar007
January 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM

Do u really think that the name Gandhi alone will get some vote for her? Looks like you have done a thorough study of the Indian political system.

sudeepdular
January 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
This is nothing but another instance of patriarchal mentality ! Women are supposed to sacrifice everything while men sit at ease and enjoy their privileges. Why can't a woman keep her surname? Afterall she is born in that surname. Its not just the question of whether it matters or not. Rather we need to think why it matters. Does a man change his surname after marriage? Does a man leave his house after marriage? A woman does it all. Who has dictated it...the society of course. The society which is male dominated think it nothing but offensive if women do not follow these set rules. If women today are keeping their maiden surname, its because they want to keep their identity intact. One's name is part of one's identity and changing it just because one is married is like compromising with one's identity. But still it should be entirely upto the woman in question. If she wishes to retain the father's surname then let her but if she wishes to change on her own accord then also its fine. What Sanjay Dutt thinks and says is entirely his opinion but somewhere it also reflects the attitude of men in our society. Though all men don't think that way.

I agree with ur modern thought... :D so when will u compromise with ur identity? or already had compromised??? coz renuka chaudhary so called women activist had also changed her maiden name which was rai as she hails from bengal bt now after marriage she is using her husbands surname...chaudhary...this is the tradition which has been followed by everyone even in west.... there are certain tradition or customs which are exclusively meant for men and women or you can say gender specific....just breaking them without logical reason doesn't make you bold, intellectual or improve ur individualism.... even pamela bordes couldn't resist herself to change her surname:p otherwise she would have been called pamela singh kadian.....

vivekdh
January 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
galat baat poonam ji
haryanne me abhi bhajanlaal ke chore ne shaddi ke liye apna dharam ,naam, baap sab kuch chodda hai aap kaise keh sakte hain ki mard aisa nahi kerte :D:rock

Does a man leave his house after marriage? A woman does it all. Who has dictated it...the society of course. The society which is male dominated think it nothing but offensive if women do not follow these set rules. If women today are keeping their maiden surname, its because they want to keep their identity intact. One's name is part of one's identity and changing it just because one is married is like compromising with one's identity. But still it should be entirely upto the woman in question. If she wishes to retain the father's surname then let her but if she wishes to change on her own accord then also its fine. What Sanjay Dutt thinks and says is entirely his opinion but somewhere it also reflects the attitude of men in our society. Though all men don't think that way.

shweta123
January 22nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
I agree with ur modern thought... :D so when will u compromise with ur identity? or already had compromised??? coz renuka chaudhary so called women activist had also changed her maiden name which was rai as she hails from bengal bt now after marriage she is using her husbands surname...chaudhary...this is the tradition which has been followed by everyone even in west.... there are certain tradition or customs which are exclusively meant for men and women or you can say gender specific....just breaking them without logical reason doesn't make you bold, intellectual or improve ur individualism.... even pamela bordes couldn't resist herself to change her surname:p otherwise she would have been called pamela singh kadian.....

How does this matters what Renuka or Pamela has done ? Will it prove what is rights & what is wrong ?

In fact there is nothing right or wrong about it. For example if you like pink color and not blue then whats the right or wrong about it?

And you are talking about it being a tradition being followed since ages, sati pratha & baal vivaah were also ancient traditions but they faded away gradually and so do the things fade away when masses start regarding as not pertinent in the present times.

Do you know why, where, how and what for this custom found its way? Its relevance?

You know the logics for following it ??

You know what the Hindu Marraige Act has to say about it???

And if not .... cant help it !

sachinb
January 22nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Kati sahi kahi bhai Dhankhar,,,,aaj ke mard bhi kam nahi rah rhe,,,,Chaand Mohammad ne itihaas likh diyaa se:rock,,,,,sab kuchh gelya property te bi be-dakhal hogyaa

galat baat poonam ji
haryanne me abhi bhajanlaal ke chore ne shaddi ke liye apna dharam ,naam, baap sab kuch chodda hai aap kaise keh sakte hain ki mard aisa nahi kerte :D:rock

sudeepdular
January 22nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
How does this matters what Renuka or Pamela has done ? Will it prove what is rights & what is wrong ?

In fact there is nothing right or wrong about it. For example if you like pink color and not blue then whats the right or wrong about it?

And you are talking about it being a tradition being followed since ages, sati pratha & baal vivaah were also ancient traditions but they faded away gradually and so do the things fade away when masses start regarding as not pertinent in the present times.

Do you know why, where, how and what for this custom found its way? Its relevance?

You know the logics for following it ??

You know what the Hindu Marraige Act has to say about it???

And if not .... cant help it !

Hmmm!!!! now i know u havn't compromised with ur identity after marriage...:p kudos to you... धन्य हो भारतीय नारी ...in addition to that i dont know the answer of ur above raised questions i m dumb..:D bt content!

bhavnasingh20
January 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM
it is a matter of personal choice whether a girl wud like to change her surname or not....

personally for me it is not even an issue worth considering.....i dun mind taking on my husband's name....
waise bhi if m not a gud person then nobody cares wht surname i hav...they'll only say tht bhavna is not a gud person...

so like dev ji already said...only our karams matter.....

i hav already made a seperate identity for myself at my workplace....to ghar pe hum dono ki saath mein identity hogi n office mein alag alag....changing a surname wud not compromise it...

the only reason y i dun wanna change my surname is....ki saare ID n address proof to bhavna singh ke naam se hein..
ab sarkari daftaron ke chakkar kaun lagayega naam change karane ke liye :(:confused:..

haan agar mera husband mere saath dhakke khane ko taiyaar hai inn offices ke...then sure...y not :rock:cool:

anjusin
January 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
It isjust a waste of time ...to give importance to such a thing in a mrried life when their are lot more things to be given importance....sanjay datt spoke in the light of initiating his ...political career...it was never so been said by him before.....such things are given focus when u hav nothing more to show the faut in the person........

The use of sur name is of personal choice.....the girl may or may not want to.....wat matters is the behaviour and attitude .....i guess i may not use ny surname..and be agood human being ...i prefer this :D

anilsangwan
January 22nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Dekhya Sachin.... Mein uski Kurbaani ka e respect kar raa the uss "Chaand Mohammad" aale thread mein.... Lekin uss waqt kuch logon k dimaag mein yeh pehlu nahi aaya....

Aap dono ne sahi kaha bhai ....ghitttiii paadd :rock !!!

Kati sahi kahi bhai Dhankhar,,,,aaj ke mard bhi kam nahi rah rhe,,,,Chaand Mohammad ne itihaas likh diyaa se:rock,,,,,sab kuchh gelya property te bi be-dakhal hogyaa

anilsangwan
January 22nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Jis ke jo mann mein aawe.....jo aachhaa laage....... woh e surname likho !!!

Ladies: You can write parental surname or your "hus-baind's" .... I see no problem !!

par "Mard" log apne Susraadiyaan ka mat likhann laag jaaiyo.... baaki sab theek sein......... :D .....

anilsangwan
January 22nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
100 ki 100 khari baat !! He did this to start his career !!

And when people here on Jatland will understand this... no one will bother to comment on / start such kinda threads.... mein bhi !! :D

Cheers!

It isjust a waste of time ...to give importance to such a thing in a mrried life when their are lot more things to be given importance....sanjay datt spoke in the light of initiating his ...political career...it was never so been said by him before.....such things are given focus when u hav nothing more to show the faut in the person........

The use of sir name is of personal choice.....the girl may or may not want to.....wat matters is the behaviour and attitude .....i guess i may not use ny sirname..and be agood human being ...i prefer this :D

sunitahooda
January 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
This change is already started and getting prominent. Males these days are much more understanding and co-operative and regard the feelings of their better half, many ladies write their paternal surname first ten husband's, which is good and both surnames are used. SUrnames don't add anything extra to a person's personality. One will be what she is before / after marriage.

P.S.Sachin isse-isse golden nahi diamond mines tai Inne ya JL thadhi bhar rakhi sai....tu kyah nai khaya?
Bahut khoob kaha Dev Bhai aapne,,,,Hamare aapke Karam hi sab kuchh hain,,,,,,,,,,These few words from you are Gold Mines

poonamchaudhary
January 22nd, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well before jumping to agree or not agree with anyone else one must develop one's own thoughts and opinions properly or at least think about them clearly. It really helps. As far as my identity is concerned, that should not be your concern. So, for you, if anything is followed in the west it becomes a commandment to swear by. That makes at least you quiet modern! Is that so? Or if Renuka Chaudhary or Pamela Bordes do something it becomes a sacred action to be emulated! Are they some sort of goddeses or what? And there are certain traditions according to you which are EXCLUSIVELY meant to be gender specific...and so due to this EXCLUSIVE status their sanctity cannot be compromised. I wonder what difference had it made if Pamela Bordes would have been known as Pamela Kadian, which is amusing you so much! Would she then have changed as a person?

sudeepdular
January 23rd, 2009, 06:26 AM
Well before jumping to agree or not agree with anyone else one must develop one's own thoughts and opinions properly or at least think about them clearly. It really helps. As far as my identity is concerned, that should not be your concern. So, for you, if anything is followed in the west it becomes a commandment to swear by. That makes at least you quiet modern! Is that so? Or if Renuka Chaudhary or Pamela Bordes do something it becomes a sacred action to be emulated! Are they some sort of goddeses or what? And there are certain traditions according to you which are EXCLUSIVELY meant to be gender specific...and so due to this EXCLUSIVE status their sanctity cannot be compromised. I wonder what difference had it made if Pamela Bordes would have been known as Pamela Kadian, which is amusing you so much! Would she then have changed as a person?

Lady this is not only ur problem...all women are suffering from this incurable disease....your own thought and opinion says that changing suname is making compromise with ones identity....rgt? so it means all our mothers so far made compromise with their identity...?(sorry mom to say that)... to refer to ur second highlited quote....i didn't say that...to ur third line...who says they are goddes??? cant we use name here as an example....bt personally i m fond of bold and beautiful gals :D...to ur last quote...no it won't..if Amitabh's name would have been Asrani still he would have been शहंशाह... wht if sridevi's name would have as Tuntun..does it make any difference...:p one's name and identity is glorified by their action....कर्म ही जीवन है! वाह! क्या बात कही है...तालियाँ

deepika
January 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Excuse me ladies dont suffer any incurable disease but m sure a 'Few' guys do suffer a very severe brain disorder:D.....i wont explain anything coz its almost like making a blind believe that he is blind hahahahaha

Lady this is not only ur problem...all women are suffering from this incurable disease....your own thought and opinion says that changing suname is making compromise with ones identity....rgt? so it means all our mothers so far made compromise with their identity...?(sorry mom to say that)... to refer to ur second highlited quote....i didn't say that...to ur third line...who says they are goddes??? cant we use name here as an example....bt personally i m fond of bold and beautiful gals :D...to ur last quote...no it won't..if Amitabh's name would have been Asrani still he would have been शहंशाह... wht if sridevi's name would have as Tuntun..does it make any difference...:p one's name and identity is glorified by their action....कर्म ही जीवन है! वाह! क्या बात कही है...तालियाँ

sudeepdular
January 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Excuse me ladies dont suffer any incurable disease but m sure a 'Few' guys do suffer a very severe brain disorder:D.....i wont explain anything coz its almost like making a blind believe that he is blind hahahahaha

हाँ म्रगनयनी... becoz love is too blind....और मे तो सुरदास हूँ...:p चला जाता हूँ मधुशाला की और शाम ढलते ही! अंधे लोगों का भी जीवन होता है भई...कोई मुझे भी सत्यार्थ का प्रकाश दिखाए तो शायद ये जीवन सफल हो जाए ..... अब थोड़ा सा हस लिया जाए hehhehehe:D:D

deepika
January 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
See there you are....i give up hahahahahaha

हाँ म्रगनयनी... becoz love is too blind....और मे तो सुरदास हूँ...:p चला जाता हूँ मधुशाला की और शाम ढलते ही! अंधे लोगों का भी जीवन होता है भई...कोई मुझे भी सत्यार्थ का प्रकाश दिखाए तो शायद ये जीवन सफल हो जाए ..... अब थोड़ा सा हस लिया जाए hehhehehe:D:D

sudeepdular
January 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
See there you are....i give up hahahahahaha

give up for what...:confused: just stand up.. fight back dont u see ekta kapoor's serials.....hmm

deepika
January 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
nopes i dont watch Ekta Kpoor soaps but seems u watch them for sure

give up for what...:confused: just stand up.. fight back dont u see ekta kapoor's serials.....hmm

sudeepdular
January 23rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
nopes i dont watch Ekta Kpoor soaps but seems u watch them for sure

though its offtrake...i have a habit to go off trake sometime so plz excuse...no i dont watch any ekta kappor serial bt i like "बालीका वधु "aired on colors....i like it coz its story revolves around a rich, feudalistic household in Rajasthan moreover unconventional story line, taut direction and authentic rajasthani dialogues which we use more often at home...
no offtrake anymore.....:p

deepika
January 23rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Oh u mean "off track"

though its offtrake...i have a habit to go off trake sometime so plz excuse...no i dont watch any ekta kappor serial bt i like "बालीका वधु "aired on colors....i like it coz its story revolves around a rich, feudalistic household in Rajasthan moreover unconventional story line, taut direction and authentic rajasthani dialogues which we use more often at home...
no offtrake anymore.....:p

vivekdh
January 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
sunita ji sez sez sab itne understanding ho jayenge ki south waalo ki terha 1 Km te bhi laambe naam ho jaange har balak ke naam ke pacche babu kaa naam uska gout maa kaa goue dada kaa naam gaam kaa naam sab kuch hoyya karega :D

This change is already started and getting prominent. Males these days are much more understanding and co-operative and regard the feelings of their better half, many ladies write their paternal surname first ten husband's, which is good and both surnames are used. SUrnames don't add anything extra to a person's personality. One will be what she is before / after marriage.

P.S.Sachin isse-isse golden nahi diamond mines tai Inne ya JL thadhi bhar rakhi sai....tu kyah nai khaya?

sudeepdular
January 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Oh u mean "off track"

see again i went off trake...:p bt nice u took me to on track.... now i will be on right track throughout my life.... :D

caravi2910
January 23rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
I think it should be left open completely to the ladies that whether they wanted to go with their maiden's name or husband's sirname.

Now its high time that we should give this choice to the ladies.

cooljat
January 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
My take on the topic, well I believe that the choice of keeping surname should be left alone to ladies ... its their choice what they like to keep, simple ! :)

BUT, could any of respected ladies here tell me, what surname should be opted by their kids? as par convention kids use surname of their father, what about using Nana's surname instead? :rolleyes:

Think about it ...

caravi2910
January 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
My take on the topic, well I believe that the choice of keeping surname should be left alone to ladies ... its their choice what they like to keep, simple ! :)

BUT, could any of respected ladies here tell me, what surname should be opted by their kids? as par convention kids use surname of their father, what about using Nana's surname instead? :rolleyes:

Think about it ...

Hello jit bhai,
the only problem i see in using Nana's sirname is that there will be lot of difficulties in getting passport:D

cooljat
January 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Alright, but shouldn't this law also be amended for betterment of women rights ?

* One more simple query - Why women only want to stick to their father's surname? why not their Mother's surname? By using their father's surname aren't they encouraging this male dominated society and this very convention ?? :rolleyes:

Ladies please clarify ! ..

Hello jit bhai,
the only problem i see in using Nana's sirname is that there will be lot of difficulties in getting passport:D

shweta123
January 23rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Alright, but shouldn't this law also be amended for betterment of women rights ?

* One more simple query - Why women only want to stick to their father's surname? why not their Mother's surname? By using their father's surname aren't they encouraging this male dominated society and this very convention ?? :rolleyes:

Ladies please clarify ! ..
* One more simple query - Why MEN only want to stick to their father's surname? why not their Mother's surname? :D Any logic for you doing that? :rolleyes::cool:

shweta123
January 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
I dont know why on earth people try to associate anything & everything related to a lady's individuality with the male dominated society :rolleyes:

Where is this male dominated society ? Havent you seen females in dominating roles ever? Dominance is a matter of chance - and dont confuse it with physical supremacy.

Domination has many facets other than this physical one !

The one who remains calm is often termed as dominated, and also the one who remains mum and doesnt stands against the wrongs done towards him or her. And this is what is usually the case with majority of women. Most of the time it is seen that women gets suppressed easily. And so the society claims it to be male dominated as if it is something to boast about!

Where in law is it written that a child cant use his Nana's surname?

Will it be a crime?

It is non-prevalent as a social system doesnt makes it a crime or a bad thing ! Dont talk about it as if it is a crime or a moral loss to the society.What if someone uses it - you will go & kill him or he will lose all his positives?

kya hota hai aur kya nahi hota ye ek alag baat hai aur kya sahi hai aur kya nahi ye bilkul doosri baat hai - hope you get the point !

cooljat
January 23rd, 2009, 06:15 PM
Madamji, you tell cuz you ppl are demanding the same?

Am happy goin with the convention, I've no issue regarding that ! :)

* One more simple query - Why MEN only want to stick to their father's surname? why not their Mother's surname? :D Any logic for you doing that? :rolleyes::cool:

sachinb
January 27th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Bhai ladai manya karo,,,,,ek kaam karlo,,,,ke koyi bi Sirname nahi lagaye gaa,,,,,,,,rolla e khatam:)

bina sirname chaalan dyo gaadi ne:rock

sunitahooda
January 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Ballu nyu bi ho sake hai akk 1 saal husband ka ek saal father ka laa lyo....wey bi raji arr lugayi bi raaji
Bhai ladai manya karo,,,,,ek kaam karlo,,,,ke koyi bi Sirname nahi lagaye gaa,,,,,,,,rolla e khatam:)

bina sirname chaalan dyo gaadi ne:rock

sudeepdular
January 27th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Ballu nyu bi ho sake hai akk 1 saal husband ka ek saal father ka laa lyo....wey bi raji arr lugayi bi raaji

Husband and father both are male...:rolleyes: pro feminist plz raise this issue against male domination....:D

gaganjat
January 27th, 2009, 06:44 PM
--------- No --------------

yatinder19
January 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM

ND Solution...:D

poonam
February 3rd, 2009, 02:50 AM
Husband and father both are male...:rolleyes: pro feminist plz raise this issue against male domination....:D

Exactly! I object...:D

Jo mhara (sorry...speaking on behalf of all the ladies out there) jee kare hum te uska lawenge...rest of you shut up...;)

Well, on a serious note, there are some countries where women use their maiden name forever. This includes some some Arab countries as well....ironically, look at the plight of women there and the status they "enjoy" in comparison to men...so chill...nothing radical changes whatever surname /last name you use. Period!

Nishantrathi82
February 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Exactly! I object...:D

Jo mhara (sorry...speaking on behalf of all the ladies out there) jee kare hum te uska lawenge...rest of you shut up...;)

Well, on a serious note, there are some countries where women use their maiden name forever. This includes some some Arab countries as well....ironically, look at the plight of women there and the status they "enjoy" in comparison to men...so chill...nothing radical changes whatever surname /last name you use. Period!

Hmmmm i don't think that using sir name is such a big issue even in India Females start using there parental Sir name. Not a big deal if Females what's to keep their Parental name what's wrong in that? The important thing is Mental peace. So it should be kept as individual's decision what they want to continue with!

anilsangwan
February 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hello jit bhai,

And if everyone starts using Mother's surname or Nana's surname..... ultimately saari duniya ka surname ek ho jaaga... soch k dekho... :D

bhavnasingh20
February 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
And if everyone starts using Mother's surname or Nana's surname..... ultimately saari duniya ka surname ek ho jaaga... soch k dekho... :D

mujhe iske peeche ka logic samajh nahin aaya...

aise fir father's surname n dada ka surname use karne se poori duniya ka surname ek kaise nahin hua??? :confused:

anilsangwan
February 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Samajh mein toh mere bhi nahi aaya :D .... par koi na... itna seriously bhi mat lyo Bhavna ji...

shweta123
February 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM

aise fir father's surname n dada ka surname use karne se poori duniya ka surname ek kaise nahin hua??? :confused:
Bhavna akasar jab baate gender based roop dhaaran kar leti hain tab logic bhai ke haath pair daant aant sab toot jaate hain :D

deepakchoudhry
February 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Women carrying on their family name after they get married, Indian society is not ready for this kind of maturity.

shweta123
February 3rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Women carrying on their family name after they get married, Indian society is not ready for this kind of maturity.
Deepak, you seem to be right if we look at it from the point of view of the majority of people of India. But, all developments/improvements in the beginning peep in from a secluded corner, come on the surface and spread across !

So is the case with this issue. Anything which is fundamentally correct, convenient & acceptable to any thoughtful mind, finds its way through all the blockages.

I look at it this way : If I and people around me have understood and willingly accepted this change, there may be many more doing such things, quite possible that we dont notice each such case. But we cant say its a distant change.

Moreover, its not an issue so large !

Some points worth pondering on:

- Hindu Marriage Act nowhere stipulates such name change. Its just customary.

- A changed name nowhere is an evidence of a marriage.

- If the girl is a professional and has her documents with her parental names at school level, college level and even in office and she has her PF Account, her passport, her PAN Card etc with her parental name (which is the case with nearly all the unmarried girls) then how long an exercise it will be to make a name change in all the documents !

And Indian system is such that you will have to produce the exactly same name in all the documents you are required to submit for any procedure or application.

- Last but not the least, will this name change make her an obedient, caring and a compassionate wife?

anilsangwan
February 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Absolutely right Shweta ji !!!

Someone has to take lead.. some part will start a change and it will be spread with time.. Ekk chhota sa example mein deta hoon..

When my brother got married and my Sister in law (bhabhiji) came to our house, my father called her and asked her to stay like daughter of the house and carry no "ghoonghat" while being in our house.. !!!!

And believe me, people who initially thought it is not good idea, they started following the practise in their houses...

So changes come with time and with postive energy behind it !!

Deepak, you seem to be right if we look at it from the point of view of the majority of people of India. But, all developments/improvements in the beginning peep in from a secluded corner, come on the surface and spread across !

So is the case with this issue. Anything which is fundamentally correct, convenient & acceptable to any thoughtful mind, finds its way through all the blockages.

I look at it this way : If I and people around me have understood and willingly accepted this change, there may be many more doing such things, quite possible that we dont notice each such case. But we cant say its a distant change.

Moreover, its not an issue so large !

Some points worth pondering on:

- Hindu Marriage Act nowhere stipulates such name change. Its just customary.

- A changed name nowhere is an evidence of a marriage.

- If the girl is a professional and has her documents with her parental names at school level, college level and even in office and she has her PF Account, her passport, her PAN Card etc with her parental name (which is the case with nearly all the unmarried girls) then how long an exercise it will be to make a name change in all the documents !

And Indian system is such that you will have to produce the exactly same name in all the documents you are required to submit for any procedure or application.

- Last but not the least, will this name change make her an obedient, caring and a compassionate wife?

shweta123
February 3rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Absolutely right Shweta ji !!!

Someone has to take lead.. some part will start a change and it will be spread with time.. Ekk chhota sa example mein deta hoon..

When my brother got married and my Sister in law (bhabhiji) came to our house, my father called her and asked her to stay like daughter of the house and carry no "ghoonghat" while being in our house.. !!!!

And believe me, people who initially thought it is not good idea, they started following the practise in their houses...

So changes come with time and with postive energy behind it !!
Yes thats true, changes do come and nowadays speed of change is really fast paced. I live with my in laws and what to talk of ghoonghat, there is no restriction on wearing jeans etc.The same rules go for me and my sister in law.

The underlying idea is that if a girl knows how to maintain her dignity and decency, she need not follow all the ancient traditions without their being relevant in the present scenario. I see women working in offices and when they return home, they are clad in pallus - now when such ladies cant observe a ghoonghat in their offices, then what is the relevance behind being in ghoonghat in their homes?

deepakchoudhry
February 4th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Legal system will change once it is accepted by a society.

The point is not about whether it's right or wrong but the of freedom of choice of the individual.

And if women keeps waiting for men's approval to their freedom and life choices then you have a long wait :)

- Last but not the least, will this name change make her an obedient, caring and a compassionate wife?[

I think a woman will be in a better position to answer it.