PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Language?

amans
February 14th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Hindi seems to be a slowly dying langauge. Why? Everywhere, I see people are speaking a mix of Hindi and English. Why are they doing it?
1. Inspite of the occassion demanding the use of Hindi, some want to sound sophisticated and speak mostly in English using very few Hindi words in between.
2. Mostly, I think the main reason people are speaking a mix of Hindi and English is that they cannot find a suitable word at that moment and therefore subsititue a word from either of these two languages. Even though Hindi is their mother tongue these people have difficulty finding a suitable word in Hindi!

I think Hindi is dying slowly or it may be that it is just going through a change. A change, most people are either not noticing or don't care about or both as they are caught up in the daily grind of life.

spdeshwal
February 14th, 2009, 04:33 AM
प्रिय अमन

किसी हद तक आपकी सोच सही भी है ! हिन्दी की इस दशा या दुर्दशा , जो भी कहिये , बहुत सारे कारण हैं ! इन कारणों के विश्लेषण के लिए एतिहासिक परिपेक्ष में भी तांक झांक करनी होगी!
हिन्दी बहुत पुराणी भाषा नही है , अपितु ब्रिटिश आगमन से पहले इसका प्रचार प्रसार बहुत तेजी से हुआ !
हिन्दी साहित्य की दृष्टी से , स्वतंत्रता संग्राम , हिन्दी साहित्य का स्वर्णकाल भी कह सकते हैं !
लेकिन यह भी सच की विज्ञानं के क्षेत्र में हिन्दी का प्रयोग न के बराबर रहा ! सायद ये भी एक बड़ा कारण है की हिन्दी आम बोल चाल की भाषा तक ही सिमट कर रहने से , उंच शिक्षित वर्ग की उपेक्षा का शिकार हो गई !
इसके इलावा भोगोलिक और एतिहासिक कारण भी हैं!
विश्व भर में अंगेजी के वर्चस्व के चलते भी हिन्दी के प्रचलन को आगात लगना सव्भाविक था !

खैर आगे देखते हैं, दुसरे भाई बहिन क्या सोचते हैं इस विषय में !

खुश रहो !

rakeshsehrawat
February 14th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hindi seems to be a slowly dying langauge. Why? Everywhere, I see people are speaking a mix of Hindi and English. Why are they doing it?
1. Inspite of the occassion demanding the use of Hindi, some want to sound sophisticated and speak mostly in English using very few Hindi words in between.
2. Mostly, I think the main reason people are speaking a mix of Hindi and English is that they cannot find a suitable word at that moment and therefore subsititue a word from either of these two languages. Even though Hindi is their mother tongue these people have difficulty finding a suitable word in Hindi!

I think Hindi is dying slowly or it may be that it is just going through a change. A change, most people are either not noticing or don't care about or both as they are caught up in the daily grind of life.

यदि आप ये सब हिन्दी मे लिखते तो हमे प्रसन्नता होती ! आपने खुद इस विषय में अंग्रेज़ी का इस्तेमाल किया और आप हमसे अपेक्षा करते हैं की हम इस विषय पर अपने विचार प्रस्तुत करें?:mad: