PDA

View Full Version : CRICKET - The Destroyer ?

dndeswal
February 14th, 2009, 03:35 PM
In 2003, French journalist Francois Gautier had written a short article about the cricket frenzy in India. The author concludes that cricket madness in India is destroying its ancient culture, the young generation, and it is responsible for killing other sports. India lags behind 50 years behind the West in most sports.

This article is now also available on the following URL :

http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/feb/09franc.htm

The article makes an interesting reading.

Bhai cricket-premi Jatlanders, please - lath tha kei mat khade ho jaiyo !

rakeshsehrawat
February 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
In 2003, French journalist Francois Gautier had written a short article about the cricket frenzy in India. The author concludes that cricket madness in India is destroying its ancient culture, the young generation, and it is responsible for killing other sports. India lags behind 50 years behind the West in most sports.

Hahahaha

Baat mein dum hai uncle ji

holland 1.6 crore ki abadi mein 6 gold le gya
ib kal parso hocky team ki dhulai kar gya aur is baat ne prove karan khater ke proof chaiye. Cricket mein bhi ise badhiya koni hum aaj tak ek world cup jeeta hai ar fer bhi bole ho rahe hain uske pache.5 din ke match ar result DRAW log 5 din saare dhande chod ke telivision ke aage baithe reh hain. doosre to wohi kahenge jo unhe lagega.

vivektaliyan
February 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
DND Sir,
It's misfortune of our country. We are wasting money and time afterwards cricket. But what's about our national game and others game. We are not concerntrating on that. In olympics how many gold medals
we had won with a huge population.

Stop promoting cricket .......And start helping the player of others games.:mad:

satyenderdeswal
February 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Respected all,

In my opinion this is not the fact that cricket is destroying something.
Its also good in its place.
World ki No. 1 team ban ne ja rahey hai hum...Which is something to be proud of..

Lekin cricket ke liye itni deewangi kuchh galat hai...
Agar itna dedication aur sports (Not excluding cricket, But along with cricket) ke liye bhi ho to shayad wo cheese nikal kar aayegi jo actuall main honi chahiye..:)

DND Sir,
It's misfortune of our country. We are wasting money and time afterwards cricket. But what's about our national game and others game. We are not concerntrating on that. In olympics how many gold medals

Stop promoting cricket .......And start helping the player of others games.:mad:

vijay
February 14th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Vishwanathan Anand, Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupati, Sania Mirza, Abhinav Bindra, Baichung Bhutia, Dhanraj Pillai and so on ( might be not too many )

Everybody who get up early for jogging knows Mikha Singh and/or PT Usha.

Are they cricketers ? Of course, not.
Are they not famous ? Yes, they are.

Then who is stopping you to play and become famous ?

The main difference is that cricketers are performing ….. sometimes they win sometimes they loose but they are performing and at end of the day they are world class players.

Nobody want to invest money and time on loosers and that is Universal truth.

If you keep dreaming about doing a Sachin Tendulker than nobody can teach you Hocky.

sunillathwal
February 14th, 2009, 11:29 PM
yes, i agree with Vijay here.. cricket is not entirely responsible for the misery of other sports. True, it is most popular sport in India.. but how many spectators are there in any domestic tournament even if ex national players are playing?? may be few but when these players play with the Indian Team tag, people go crazy to get the tickets!!!
why?? its the Indian team tag, which give ppl something to cheer about. At least some 'Indian player' are performing at world level!! This feeling makes ppl crazy abt cricket. As pointed out by vijay, its not the sport.. its the performance. When Vijender was performing well in last Olympic.. there was enough interest in public and media as well.

Rather than criticizing cricket for its enormous success in Indian sub-continent, authorities related with other sports should learn something from cricket!!!

Regarding the youth's inclination towards cricket, Australia is an apt example here, they have dominated the world cricket like no body else did.. they are equally good in world hockey.. they still manage to produce swimmer like Ian Thorpe!!!

BCCI have generated funds through proper planning, they are not dependent on government for funding. They provide the best facilities to their players and good salaries. In fact BCCI had announced sometime back to sponsor emerging players from other sport!!
Why can't other boards, hockey federation do the same??

Cricket is not responsible for the malfunctioning of entire hockey system.
Hockey being our traditional game has enough talent. but everybody know how even good players are being thrown out god knows for what reason.

Media, as they say, is a two way mirror it shows what we want to see and hence we see what we they show!!

satt
February 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
YES ,
I THINK cricket is not good for our country. hockey and kabbadi are our ancient game. hockey is also our national game. but we are not giving attention on these games. reason is cricket. now in our country new boxers are also coming, mainly in haryana. now haryanana is the hub of boxers but our country leaders are not giving attention on these things. so, according to me if we pay attentin on other games also then we can get good results. here you can take the example of America and China becance in these countries attention on other games than cricket and so these countries are getting top positions in Olympic games but we get only one or two medals.:rock

yudhvirmor
February 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM

Some days back I was talking with one Australian guy.. He said its crazy that indians are so poor and they play rich man's sports. He continued.."You guys also die from costliest disease (Heart Attacks)"

I think woh Nawab wale sarre kaam karte hain hum....

vivektaliyan
February 21st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Vishwanathan Anand, Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupati, Sania Mirza, Abhinav Bindra, Baichung Bhutia, Dhanraj Pillai and so on ( might be not too many )

Everybody who get up early for jogging knows Mikha Singh and/or PT Usha.

Are they cricketers ? Of course, not.
Are they not famous ? Yes, they are.

Then who is stopping you to play and become famous ?

The main difference is that cricketers are performing ….. sometimes they win sometimes they loose but they are performing and at end of the day they are world class players.

Nobody want to invest money and time on loosers and that is Universal truth.

If you keep dreaming about doing a Sachin Tendulker than nobody can teach you Hocky.

Vijay bhai I agree with u at some extent but where is the main problem ???

The problem is not that cricketers work hard and others not. But we are not helping others. We are spending lot's of money behind that bluddy game where luck is a big factor.

If the cricketers are working hard then why some times sachin bold on 0 and sometimes make centuary?? why ?????
luck is important but in others games hard work is more important then luck.

No offences pls.:)

How much we are spending on other games as compare to cricket??

Money is a big factor to give a chance to new faces.

I am not arguing onthe example of P.t Usha and Milkhasingh. But our former prime minister Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam has prove himself with out having good sources to study more(u all know the story) . Then why u people sending ur childrens in a good school and providing others facilities.

My friend don't take me wrong . There is always exception behind every thing. So PT. Usha and Milkha singh was an exception . But we need more attention to make so many PT. usha's and Milkha sing.:). Money ,good resources and support of our govt. similar to cricket.

sunillathwal
February 21st, 2009, 10:46 PM
How much we are spending on other games as compare to cricket??

Money is a big factor to give a chance to new faces.

bhaai ji, just one question:

Who is spending money on cricket.. Government?? :)

kapdal
February 22nd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Kuchh logon ke comments padh ke aise lag raha hai ki jaise cricket hi saari naash ki jad ho...Chalo cricket pe ban laga dete hain India main...fir kya India automatically saare sports main champion ho jaayega? Bhai cricket toh apne pairon pe khada hai- uske pairon pe kyun kulhaadi maarte ho. It should be an example on how to run other sports.

vivektaliyan
February 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
bhaai ji, just one question:

Who is spending money on cricket.. Government?? :)

Bhai...
I don't have any problem with cricket but government should give a equal chance to grow all sports.

vivektaliyan
February 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Bhai cricket toh apne pairon pe khada hai- uske pairon pe kyun kulhaadi maarte ho. It should be an example on how to run other sports.

Bhai who is responsible to apply the same on other sports:)????

vijay
February 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Vijay bhai I agree with u at some extent but where is the main problem ???

The problem is not that cricketers work hard and others not. But we are not helping others. We are spending lot's of money behind that bluddy game where luck is a big factor.

If the cricketers are working hard then why some times sachin bold on 0 and sometimes make centuary?? why ?????
luck is important but in others games hard work is more important then luck.

Vivek, i disagree with you that cricket is game of luck while others sports needs hard work. Do you think Sachin, Kapil, Gavaskar are living legends just because of luck while some other sports stars are famous because they are hard worker. Please check again your point of views and analyze by yourself.

I am not arguing onthe example of P.t Usha and Milkhasingh. But our former prime minister Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam has prove himself with out having good sources to study more(u all know the story) . Then why u people sending ur childrens in a good school and providing others facilities.

That depends on person to person and their respective talent. There is no guarantee that kids studying in public school are going to become scholars. A real talent will flourish everywhere irrespective of the environment.

My friend don't take me wrong . There is always exception behind every thing. So PT. Usha and Milkha singh was an exception . But we need more attention to make so many PT. usha's and Milkha sing.:). Money ,good resources and support of our govt. similar to cricket.

Yes, exception are everywhere and that's what needed in sports. Everybody can not become a sports star. They possess some talent and that's why they are where they should be. If you want to say that only facilities and money can produce sports stars then Ambani's, Tata's sons would have been most respected and popular sports stars of India instead of Sachin Tendulkar.

vivektaliyan
February 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Dear Dayanand Sir,
I think now it's time to reply by u. pls let us know about u r views.:)

kapdal
February 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Bhai who is responsible to apply the same on other sports:)????

Bhai, the administrators of that particular sports are responsible. The govt. should be doing a lot to promote other sports- no one is denying that. But you are obfuscating the picture by making statements like "We are spending lot's of money behind that bluddy game where luck is a big factor."

The govt. is not spending any money on cricket. I won't even praise BCCI too much for cricket's success in India. It is a very popular game in India. But atleast BCCI has done its bit. You can't force people to stop liking cricket just because you find it a bluddy game. My point is- what's the point of shedding tears on cricket's success when that is going to do no good to other sports?

vivektaliyan
February 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Bhai, the administrators of that particular sports are responsible. The govt. should be doing a lot to promote other sports- no one is denying that. But you are obfuscating the picture by making statements like "We are spending lot's of money behind that bluddy game where luck is a big factor."

The govt. is not spending any money on cricket. I won't even praise BCCI too much for cricket's success in India. It is a very popular game in India. But atleast BCCI has done its bit. You can't force people to stop liking cricket just because you find it a bluddy game. My point is- what's the point of shedding tears on cricket's success when that is going to do no good to other sports?

:):):)..........

Bobby3711
February 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Agar cricket itna famous hai to isme cricket aur cricketers ka kya kasoor? Aur kaun cricket mein paisa invest karta hai? Cricket mein to sirf bookies hi paisa invest kar sakte hain :D
Govt ne zor laga liya. Bohat paisa kharch kar liya lekin natiza kya wahi dhaak ke teen paat. Mere khayal se aaj tak govt ne cricket mein kabhi 1 athhanni bhi kharch nahi ki hai jabki dusre khelon mein bohat sara paisa kharch karke unhe upar uthane ki koshish lekin koi upar hi nahi uthna chahta to cricket ka kya dosh. Agar ko individual game mein upar aya hai to apne dum par. Chahe wo sania mirza ho ya milkha singh. Unhone jo kiya khud kiya humne aur sarkar ne unhe kya diya hai. Aur sabse bada mudda humne cricket ko bhi kya diya hai? Sirf apna time! Hum apna time dusre games ko bhi de sakte hain agar wo upar ayen. Jab kabhi kisi village mein kabbaddi tournament hota hai to hum dekhne jate hain uske liye time nikalte hain. Ab bat ayegi sponsers nahi milte aur tv pe telecast nahi hota is game ka. Agar koi international event hoga aur hamari team usme kuchh behtar karegi to nishchit rup se hum uski taraf jayenge. Jab jitender aur akhil olympic mein khel rahe the to pura hindustan unke liye duayen mang raha tha. To kya cricketers ne unhe kaha tha ki unke liye duayen na maango. Bhaiyo hum desh-bhakt hain aur hume jaha bhi lage ki hum yaha kuchh kar sakte hain to use sir aankho pe bitha lete hain. Aisa hi cricket ke sath hai.
Sab bato ki 1 bat ki hum cricket ko destroyer to nahi keh sakte kum se kum.

sachinb
February 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Government should provide adequate infrastructure and equal importance to other games as well. But in India due to commercial advantage and big money involved in this game,,,,no body cares about other sports,,,,,,

Examples of goverment apathy are numerous,,,,recent one was our Boxers and Wrestler winning medal and see which type of Hotel accomodation they were provided

vikasbhalothia
February 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
DND Sir,

Once Choudary Charan Singh ji coment on the cricket "I havent seen any other game in world which played for 5 days and fhir bhi koi result nahi nikalta . ese sports ko to pagal hi khel shakte:):)

cooljat
February 22nd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I too concur with Choudhary saab's quote .. Cricket is total waste of time, I find it too much boring. But I think 20-20 thingy is gud n can be tolerated ! :)

Once Choudary Charan Singh ji coment on the cricket "I havent seen any other game in world which played for 5 days and fhir bhi koi result nahi nikalta . ese sports ko to pagal hi khel shakte:):)

dndeswal
February 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Cricket took birth in the rural surroundings of Britain, mainly as a “sunbathing game”. British colonialism was responsible for its spread in other parts of the world. Now, it is a ‘Commonwealth’ game i.e. it is played on those countries where Britain ruled or had its influence. In entire Europe, it is non-existent (except UK and Ireland). It is also non-existent in both continents of Western Hemisphere (North and South America), and a major part of Asia (northern parts like Russia, China etc., central Asian countries and the Arab world in the West Asia). Australia & NZ, tiny nations in the Caribbean and the Pacific, some countries in Africa and south Asia – the ‘commonwealth world’ - play cricket.

In Indian context, it is the electronic media which is giving cricket’s injection in the minds of young generation. Australians etc. also cling to their TV sets for watching cricket matches but their children do not play it in narrow streets or public parks (as is the case in India). Those interested, go to a proper playground or a stadium.

There is no harm that cricket should continue to be played in India. But this madness should stop. It is really diverting our energy, money and resources from other games and sports.

A century ago in Britain, test cricket used to be of five-and-a-half days’ duration, four hours each day – i.e. total 22 hours’ game. Famous English playwright George Bernard Shaw once wrote – Cricket is a game where 22 fools befool 22-thouand people for 22 hours !

Bobby3711
February 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cricket took birth in the rural surroundings of Britain, mainly as a “sunbathing game”. British colonialism was responsible for its spread in other parts of the world. Now, it is a ‘Commonwealth’ game i.e. it is played on those countries where Britain ruled or had its influence. In entire Europe, it is non-existent (except UK and Ireland). It is also non-existent in both continents of Western Hemisphere (North and South America), and a major part of Asia (northern parts like Russia, China etc., central Asian countries and the Arab world in the West Asia). Australia & NZ, tiny nations in the Caribbean and the Pacific, some countries in Africa and south Asia – the ‘commonwealth world’ - play cricket.

In Indian context, it is the electronic media which is giving cricket’s injection in the minds of young generation. Australians etc. also cling to their TV sets for watching cricket matches but their children do not play it in narrow streets or public parks (as is the case in India). Those interested, go to a proper playground or a stadium.

There is no harm that cricket should continue to be played in India. But this madness should stop. It is really diverting our energy, money and resources from other games and sports.

A century ago in Britain, test cricket used to be of five-and-a-half days’ duration, four hours each day – i.e. total 22 hours’ game. Famous English playwright George Bernard Shaw once wrote – Cricket is a game where 22 fools befool 22-thouand people for 22 hours !

uncle ji 22 hours ka match cricket ke kisi bhi format mein nahi hota. :D na hi sirf 22000 log ise dekhte hain.
Sorry if i hurt anyone

Nishantrathi82
February 23rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
DND Sir,

Bhai...
I don't have any problem with cricket but government should give a equal chance to grow all sports.

HAHAHAAH bhai tere ko problem hoone se kimme farak padta hai bhai.
Sasta game hai kaahe bhi khhel lo media ussko dekhta hai jo public dekhna chahte hai. Koi kisse ke naakame k liye ziimedaar nahe hota Vijender, sushil jeete na Olympics me. So agar talent hai to u can do it haaan Cricket ko thoda extra benifit milta hai but usske peeche 1983 World Cup jeetna hai reason hai bhai :)

dndeswal
February 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
uncle ji 22 hours ka match cricket ke kisi bhi format mein nahi hota. :D na hi sirf 22000 log ise dekhte hain.
Sorry if i hurt anyone

Narender, ye format 100 saal pahle tha - 4 hours' daily match for five days (i.e. 20 hours). Plus half-day match (2 hours). Uss waqt England mein 22000 ki bheed kaafi thi. George Bernard Shaw was not wrong.

vivektaliyan
February 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry if i hurt anyone

Bhai katti apni apni na chala karte kadhi badu ki baat bhi maan liya kare hai..:)

delhione
February 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
for a bit additional information :
1. BCCI is not a Govt body but a private trust.
2. for making it a tax free entity its charter says that its a no-profit
no-loss organisation for the promotion of the game of cricket.

there was a dialogue in movie “ kaante “ where the all these Indian gangsters in USA meet an arm dealer… that arm dealer boasts about his links in Pakistan and Arm supplies to Kashmiri Terrorists, annoyed with his statement sanjay dutt( don’t know his name in the movie ) says : har hindusatani ko 2 cheezo se nafrat hai…Ek to Cricket main Haar… aur Dusra desh ke Gaddar.. and he throws him off the top floor of that sky-rise building….
This shows to which level the the passion for cricket is mixed in our blood. but who are the people behind this ?
These are the people behind big brands; these are the people who just want to promote self interest in the garb of promotion of this game…
Hundreds of examples are there when match fixing been caught on record… several players were banned Hansie Crunze, Azhar, Ajay jadeja are examples…
If the game is totally based on merits then there would have been no match fixing. The match fixing is there to maintain the popularity of chosen Actor / Player.
N number of cases are pending in the court regarding fund misappropriation involving huge money by the Board Chairman, Lalit Modi and Jagmohan Dalmia are the very recent examples to cite.
Another aspect which raises the eyebrow is, Less fund is provided to Ministry of Sports because if the talents in other Games would increase then Cricket wouldn’t be a mass hysteria; attention from Criceket would be diverted, so let all the other games be poorly funded and players be malnourished. It’s a part of very big conspiracy.
I am of the opinion that We should discourage this practice and should give equal weightage to other games as well.
in the end i firmly agree with that French Journalist and the deep opinion of Deswal Sir that the Game of Cricket is Corrupting the religious and Cultural values of India.

satyenderdeswal
February 23rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Respected yashpal ji,

Corruption Cricket main hi nahi, her field and game main hai...
Agar hum kisi aur game ki baat karein to wahan bhi yahi haal hai.

Boxing ko hi le lo...Gold na mila , koi baat nahi..Per sahab to DSP kya ban gaye,aatitude agaya.
Jab dil kiya bol diya ki abhi taiyaar nahi hu khelney ke liye..Ya khula bayan de rahey hai ki wo modeling main interested hai.and itney interested hai ki khel jaye bhaad main.....
My personal opinion is that the problem is not cricket , problem here is Mentality..
Mentality thik karni hai , na ki cricket ko dosh dena hai...Aur sportsman ko moka milega to whaan bhi yahi haal hoga to cricketers ka hai...

U can assume this situation as "100 bachhon ki class main ek padhney main intelligent hai to usey peechhey mat karo...auron ko padhney ke liye utsahit karo...":cool:

for a bit additional information :
1. BCCI is not a Govt body but a private trust.
2. for making it a tax free entity its charter says that its a no-profit
no-loss organisation for the promotion of the game of cricket.

there was a dialogue in movie “ kaante “ where the all these Indian gangsters in USA meet an arm dealer… that arm dealer boasts about his links in Pakistan and Arm supplies to Kashmiri Terrorists, annoyed with his statement sanjay dutt( don’t know his name in the movie ) says : har hindusatani ko 2 cheezo se nafrat hai…Ek to Cricket main Haar… aur Dusra desh ke Gaddar.. and he throws him off the top floor of that sky-rise building….
This shows to which level the the passion for cricket is mixed in our blood. but who are the people behind this ?
These are the people behind big brands; these are the people who just want to promote self interest in the garb of promotion of this game…
Hundreds of examples are there when match fixing been caught on record… several players were banned Hansie Crunze, Azhar, Ajay jadeja are examples…
If the game is totally based on merits then there would have been no match fixing. The match fixing is there to maintain the popularity of chosen Actor / Player.
N number of cases are pending in the court regarding fund misappropriation involving huge money by the Board Chairman, Lalit Modi and Jagmohan Dalmia are the very recent examples to cite.
Another aspect which raises the eyebrow is, Less fund is provided to Ministry of Sports because if the talents in other Games would increase then Cricket wouldn’t be a mass hysteria; attention from Criceket would be diverted, so let all the other games be poorly funded and players be malnourished. It’s a part of very big conspiracy.
I am of the opinion that We should discourage this practice and should give equal weightage to other games as well.
in the end i firmly agree with that French Journalist and the deep opinion of Deswal Sir that the Game of Cricket is Corrupting the religious and Cultural values of India.

bagamalik
February 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Respected Sir,

Cricket jayada famous hai but my view cricket in sab baato ke liye responsible nahi hai

bagamalik
February 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Australia ne char cricket world cup jite hai or uske Olympic me performance bhi achhi hai uska uske other game par impact kyo nahi aata
:cool:

Hahahaha

Baat mein dum hai uncle ji

holland 1.6 crore ki abadi mein 6 gold le gya
ib kal parso hocky team ki dhulai kar gya aur is baat ne prove karan khater ke proof chaiye. Cricket mein bhi ise badhiya koni hum aaj tak ek world cup jeeta hai ar fer bhi bole ho rahe hain uske pache.5 din ke match ar result DRAW log 5 din saare dhande chod ke telivision ke aage baithe reh hain. doosre to wohi kahenge jo unhe lagega.

deep123
April 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM
i am fully agree to the topic ... Cricket as a game does not require much resources and cricket also do not requires lots of running and physical fitness.

Hence it is getting popular to the level of madness in India and it is shadowing all other sports as well.

Nishantrathi82
April 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I don't know why people are throwing stones on the Game of Cricket?
Is it the Cricket's fault that we are not doing good in other games?
Some one said that playing cricket is Misfortune of the country buddy if we are doing good in this game u want to say that we should stop playing this too what an Idea:cool:. And one was saying that its a game of luck buddy u got the World's Biggest player of the Cricket Game from India only that's Sachin Tendulkar and beleive me he doesn't need any luck it is his hard work which makes him biggest in the world don't insult him.
You guys want to say that people like Vishvanathan, Sania, paes, dhyanchand, Suchil kumar, Bindra has been approched by the game of cricket and asked them to stop playing the game of their interest?
Some one said that Hockey and Kabbadi is our Ancient games yes u r true they are but does it mean we should not play Cricket? Dear if u mean that then Hindi is our National and ancient language then why u guys uses English?
Blaming Cricket for failure in other Games show that we want to hide our incapability of playing other games don't behave like Immature kid.
One of my friend said he doesn't have interest in this game does it make difference?
So better work hard in other games and stop blaming cricket or some other game for the failure.

SANDEEP5
April 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
i am fully agree to the topic ... Cricket as a game does not require much resources and cricket also do not requires lots of running and physical fitness.

Hence it is getting popular to the level of madness in India and it is shadowing all other sports as well.

Deepak Bhai ek bar gully me ya slip me khada ho ke fielding kar ke dekhiye to pata lag jayega ki ek baar mis fielding hone par kitni door tak running kar ke ball utha ke laani padti hai. jahan tak physical fitness ka sawal hai to pace bowlers ko dekhiye continious 5 overs fenkne me hi uski dhounkni chadh jaati hai.

don't blame like that ki is khel me resources, running and physical fitness ki koi jaroorat nahi hai. :)

deep123
April 8th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Deepak Bhai ek bar gully me ya slip me khada ho ke fielding kar ke dekhiye to pata lag jayega ki ek baar mis fielding hone par kitni door tak running kar ke ball utha ke laani padti hai. jahan tak physical fitness ka sawal hai to pace bowlers ko dekhiye continious 5 overs fenkne me hi uski dhounkni chadh jaati hai.

don't blame like that ki is khel me resources, running and physical fitness ki koi jaroorat nahi hai. :)

aarey bandhu ek aadmi to bhagta hai baaki to shakal dekhte hain .... aur agar pakad lega to phir bhaagne ke zaroorat kahan padegi ..

baat ko samjho football , hockey jitna to bhagna nahin padta ...

SANDEEP5
April 8th, 2009, 12:25 PM
aarey bandhu ek aadmi to bhagta hai baaki to shakal dekhte hain .... aur agar pakad lega to phir bhaagne ke zaroorat kahan padegi ..

aapki baat bilkul sahi hai ki football, hockey jitna bhagna nahin padta lekin jaroori hai ki saare khel aise khelo jisme jyada bhagna padta ho. ek aadha khel to aisa bhi raakho jisme kam bhagne se hi kaam chal jaata ho.... :)

Nishantrathi82
April 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM

So what u say about carrom, chess, snooker as they alsp doesn't need any physical excretion?

vikrantsiwag
April 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I don't know why it is cricket's fault that no other sport is doing good.

BCCI don't get any share of the sports budget, it is totally a self governing body. BCCI has mandated few years back to spend some money(which amounts to crores of rupees) for the upbringing of games and sports other than cricket. How can we blame cricket when its not eating into other sports' share rather providing from own resources to others.

Isi baat par ek kahaani yaad aa gayi:-

Ek kisaan apne khet mein bahut mahnat karta tha, bahut jee se kaam kiya karta, khaad paani achhe se lagata. Padosi kisaan jo aalsi tha apne khet me sirf beej boya karta tha baaki kuch na karta. bas sochta ki fasal achhi hogi, joki honi nahi thi. Fasal kaatne ke time pe mahanti kisaan khush tha aur dusra dukhi kyoki uski achhi nahi hui. Agle din subah subah lath leke uske yahan pahuncha aur chillane lagya "saale, tune meri fasal barbaad kar di, itni mahnat apne khet mein kari ak meri fasal dab gi" . :p:p:D
To batao ab is aadmi ka koi Ilaaj thode hi hai??

Nishantrathi82
April 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I don't know why it is cricket's fault that no other sport is doing good.

BCCI don't get any share of the sports budget, it is totally a self governing body. BCCI has mandated few years back to spend some money(which amounts to crores of rupees) for the upbringing of games and sports other than cricket. How can we blame cricket when its not eating into other sports' share rather providing from own resources to others.

Isi baat par ek kahaani yaad aa gayi:-

Ek kisaan apne khet mein bahut mahnat karta tha, bahut jee se kaam kiya karta, khaad paani achhe se lagata. Padosi kisaan jo aalsi tha apne khet me sirf beej boya karta tha baaki kuch na karta. bas sochta ki fasal achhi hogi, joki honi nahi thi. Fasal kaatne ke time pe mahanti kisaan khush tha aur dusra dukhi kyoki uski achhi nahi hui. Agle din subah subah lath leke uske yahan pahuncha aur chillane lagya "saale, tune meri fasal barbaad kar di, itni mahnat apne khet mein kari ak meri fasal dab gi" . :p:p:D
To batao ab is aadmi ka koi Ilaaj thode hi hai??

Hahahaaha Welcome bhai Vikrant :)

shailendra
April 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM
As a huge sports fan and sportingly inclined guy (Cricket I enjoy, but swimming is where I sported competitively)- ONE things needs to be very clear when you talk about sports versus culture, values etc. etc...

Sports is a huge influence on young minds and is responsible for keeping them occupied when an empty mind can well be devil's workshop!

in the USA communities and groups are always trying to introduce sports (setting up basketball hoops, boxing rings etc. as examples) especially in blighted neighborhoods to ensure that the youth stay involved and feel empowered, ownership in pursuing something that excites them and gives them satisfaction of achievement; rather than go get involved in guns and crimes...!

I think such articles are BS if they start comparing sports (or should I say a particular sport like Cricket) against culture, and/or how it gets destroyed by the healthy pursuit of sports! PERIOD. :cool::rolleyes:;)

Look around you, the way things are right now in the world; one wishes that there were sports stadiums, alley tournaments and free ball parks, soccer fields, with money being poured to get free equipments for the young and the youths of these mislead areas where we are getting nothing but jobless, poor, mis-directed and goal-less young minds indoctrined into hate and terrorism!...:mad:

Sports is the way to go, and be it cricket or any other sports, if it keeps everyone healthy, occupied in their spare hours, and inculcates descipline, values of winning and losing (and not be a loser), sense of achievement, glory, teamspirit, sportsmanship then I am all for it.... and $c@#%*& some French authors reserach on this!!!... ;)

kapdal
April 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM
As a huge sports fan and sportingly inclined guy (Cricket I enjoy, but swimming is where I sported competitively)- ONE things needs to be very clear when you talk about sports versus culture, values etc. etc...

Sports is a huge influence on young minds and is responsible for keeping them occupied when an empty mind can well be devil's workshop!

in the USA communities and groups are always trying to introduce sports (setting up basketball hoops, boxing rings etc. as examples) especially in blighted neighborhoods to ensure that the youth stay involved and feel empowered, ownership in pursuing something that excites them and gives them satisfaction of achievement; rather than go get involved in guns and crimes...!

I think such articles are BS if they start comparing sports (or should I say a particular sport like Cricket) against culture, and/or how it gets destroyed by the healthy pursuit of sports! PERIOD. :cool::rolleyes:;)

Look around you, the way things are right now in the world; one wishes that there were sports stadiums, alley tournaments and free ball parks, soccer fields, with money being poured to get free equipments for the young and the youths of these mislead areas where we are getting nothing but jobless, poor, mis-directed and goal-less young minds indoctrined into hate and terrorism!...:mad:

Sports is the way to go, and be it cricket or any other sports, if it keeps everyone healthy, occupied in their spare hours, and inculcates descipline, values of winning and losing (and not be a loser), sense of achievement, glory, teamspirit, sportsmanship then I am all for it.... and $c@#%*& some French authors reserach on this!!!... ;)

Excellent stuff! Couldn't agree more.