PDA

View Full Version : Jaago Haryana - Where are 7 wonders of India nominees from Haryana in NDTV program..?

phoolkumar
February 15th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Honorable Haryana People,

7 Wonders of India Program on NDTV compelled me to come in your contact. Because I see you as the most powerful and most suitable person who not only can understand my concern but can raise this voice to NDTV 7 wonders of India team.

Theses days NDTV team is visiting whole India to find 7 wonders of India. And very excitedly, I was looking for the day when they will announce nominees for 7 wonders from Haryana. But it put me in deep sorrow to see that except Yadvender Gardern of Pinjore, there is none other nominee from Haryana. Where as we have wonderful and very historic "Bharam Sarover, Kurukshetra" and the monuments/marks of such civilization about which not only India but somewhere NDTV would also have been proud of. Yes I am talking about the monuments of "Harrappa Civilization" in Rakhi Ghari village of Hissar District, but no one is included in this wonderful mission of NDTV. It doesnt matter how many votes these wonders deserve but NDTV should revise its list of nominees from Punjab (Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Himachal Pardesh) and should put light that why after being the center of belief and pilgrim of Hindus, the origin of Bhagwad Geeta , Bharam Sarover doesnt make it atleast in nominees?

So please do this favor to me to bell the doorstep of NDTV with this question? I am sure many of Haryanvi people would like to see atleast Bhram Srover KKR in this list.

Look forward very optimistically to get your support on this point. Otherwise this will be very difficult to save the pride of Bhagvad Geeta, Mahabharata. I am one as an Indian but when it comes to state heritage, I am equally entitled to advocate my state.

Phool Kumar Malik,
Paris, France (originally from Jind)

dndeswal
February 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
.Why to bell the doorsteps of NDTV, a commercial venture, reportedly funded by Gospels of Charity in Spain. Recently, NDTV has developed a soft corner towards Pakistan, since Pakistani government has allowed this Indian channel to be aired in Pakistan. NDTV is now supportive of Communism (its CEO Prannoy Roy is related to Prakash Karat, General Secretary of CPI). Because of funding from West, NDTV has also bought India Today magazine which has also changed its tone and turned into Hindu bashing.

Let them search 100 wonders of world, not just 7, for their own commercial use. West searches these “wonders” in a few ruins of last few centuries – like Rome’s colossal. Kurukshetra still rules our souls, though it does not have ancient structures (the Brahm Sarover etc. have been built just recently). If we talk about ancient Haryana, then Delhi stands in its very centre. Delhi has enough castles like Old Castle of Pandavas. Other such monuments or forts in the north were destroyed by successive invaders. Survival of our ancient culture, despite numerous foreign attacks during the last 2000 years, is enough to prove that we are a wonderful race and a wonderful land !.

Bobby3711
February 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM
If we talk about old places then "Humayun ka makabara" in Kurukshetra and the castle of Bhai Uday Singh in Kaithal must be added. Historical lake of kaithal named "Vridhkedar tirth" should be concedered. Many forts and castles are in karnal and jind which can be added. All above the Rakhi Garhi in Hissar which is containg harrappan culture.

vijay
February 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Is there any site where we can see ( or vote ) the nominee for these 7 wonders of India ?

I would like to write/react after chacking the list rather than just shouting about Haryana's share :rolleyes:

phoolkumar
February 16th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Dear Vijay, go to this link youtube website, type in search "7 wonders of India" and you will find almost 185 to 200 nominees for 7 wonders of India debate.

I am sorry if first two words “Jaago Haryana...” in title of my subject has offended anyone but I wanted to call readers to my concern. Wouldn’t it be better if along with her agriculture, her industrial development, Haryana should also be known for her cultural and historical heritage?

Dayanand sir, you are absolutely right that “Kurukshetra still rules our souls” but wouldn’t it be much better if this number increases by hundreds then thousands and then millions. I want to give reasons to tourists that once a tourist arrives in IGI Airport Delhi, he/she should be equally aware to reasons that why Haryana should be visited first, comparing to any other top notch tourist location of our country (I don’t need to give examples here as India has plenty of such locations). I take tourism awareness as a medium which not only let people know about you but creates your image, value and respect in other’s heart. And to achieve that image in today’s world, no other than media and TV Channels could be a better platform. So if NDTV itself is coming ahead for this then why not we make them aware of our heritage and take their help to introduce ourselves to world?

Dear Narender, thanks for introducing some new historical monuments.

sachinb
February 16th, 2009, 03:17 PM
very well said Boby Sir,,,,,,please provide more information of such places in Haryana,,,,its good to know the places having historical connections.

If we talk about old places then "Humayun ka makabara" in Kurukshetra and the castle of Bhai Uday Singh in Kaithal must be added. Historical lake of kaithal named "Vridhkedar tirth" should be concedered. Many forts and castles are in karnal and jind which can be added. All above the Rakhi Garhi in Hissar which is containg harrappan culture.

kapdal
February 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
.Why to bell the doorsteps of NDTV, a commercial venture, reportedly funded by Gospels of Charity in Spain. Recently, NDTV has developed a soft corner towards Pakistan, since Pakistani government has allowed this Indian channel to be aired in Pakistan. NDTV is now supportive of Communism (its CEO Prannoy Roy is related to Prakash Karat, General Secretary of CPI). Because of funding from West, NDTV has also bought India Today magazine which has also changed its tone and turned into Hindu bashing.

Sorry sir, but this doesn't seem to be correct. Please correct me if you have evidence for any of the above claims (apart from Prakash Karat one which is a well known fact- yet NDTV was going gaga over the nuclear deal rather than toeing communist line). I think you have just listed all these from an email forward or blog posts, which I have seen, but none of them list any evidence. On the contrary, NDTV is a public listed company and you can get the ownership structure easily. I attach below the info. on who holds NDTV shares. The promoters own 55% followed by various funds- all of them well known. The list, which is in decreasing order of shares held, has 17 names and covers 93% of the ownership- and the rest would be small investors as the lowest % holding in this list is only 0.1%. The fact about NDTV buying India Today also seems to be incorrect. It would have been a big event in corporate India and would have been reported with some significance- yet I don't see any trustworthy reports. What did happen was that India Today Group exited FM Radio and NDTV bought their stake- please see the foll. link:

http://www.expressindia.com/news/fullstory.php?newsid=60885

I have my problems with Indian media but we should be wary of misinformation.