PDA

View Full Version : Have we lost sensitivity ??

deepakchoudhry
March 1st, 2009, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

I have been observing this change in our society and it really worries me.

I want to know...

1) Do we North Indians lack social skills?

2) Have we become more aggressive, disrespectful, indifferent towards each other?

3) and why this sort of behaviour is on the increase in society.

I'm sure this topic has been to death but I would like to know the views of fine Jatland members on this topic.

Thanks,

rajeshchhikara
March 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
1. one main reason behind this question is money(selfishness).........in search of money everybody is behaving like this ............

2 or bhai saab family be choti ho gyi bas 4 loga ki e sochae hai....

pahlya bada kunba hoya karta sab ki sochya karta aadmi

jab log kunbae ki e na sochate to or log tae gani dur hai aaj kaal

- baki bhai saab gana bera nahi manae ............:p

ebae naya hun post k mamlae main:p
:boxing:rock:tamatar:eek:

VivekGathwala
March 6th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Hi all,

I want to know...

2) Have we become more aggressive, disrespectful, indifferent towards each other?

I'm sure this topic has been to death but I would like to know the views of fine Jatland members on this topic.

Thanks,

BHAISAHB its not like that ..we are still sensible but the thing is we people dont knw whr we have to show our real sense... we care bout family only earlier there is bhaichara in every body & they respect each other nw a days ..new generation didn know about there cousins ....if they do then they wont count them as brother or sisters they treat them as guests

yeh we do as my friend rajesh said we become more selfish & monetory gain plays a important role in this ...what we want is self gain nothing else

in todays world nobody is happy to help ny 1 ...&this makes people to disrespect & aggressive towards each other

well nice thread started by u & i hope we will get some nice views here
about the whole issue

regrds

deepika
March 6th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Well i dont know why you want to discuss only about North Indians but as per my observations South Indians are worse than North Indians and really lack manners.I have stayed in hyderabad for about 7-8 months and found those ppl really rude.Same behaviour i have seen in South Indians living here in kuala lumpur.People from Kerela and Tamilnadu are into all notorious activities here.Kuala Lumpur is not considered a safe place and guess who is responsible for that?those who have made this place unsafe are all South Indians.

Hi all,

I want to know...

Thanks,

amans
March 6th, 2009, 03:47 AM
1. one main reason behind this question is money(selfishness).........in search of money everybody is behaving like this ............

2 or bhai saab family be choti ho gyi bas 4 loga ki e sochae hai....

pahlya bada kunba hoya karta sab ki sochya karta aadmi

jab log kunbae ki e na sochate to or log tae gani dur hai aaj kaal

- baki bhai saab gana bera nahi manae ............:p

ebae naya hun post k mamlae main:p
:boxing:rock:tamatar:eek:
Be it delhi/london/moscow/new york/sydney/chicago they act the same. Actually they act even worse when in foreign countries. Indians act obnoxious, rude, and mannerless particulalry with other Indians. In foreign countries, Indians try to avoid other Indians, sneer at them, make fun of newcomers, try to exploit newcomers and are utterly rude, arrogant people hiding behind fake sanskars. I wonder if these brahmins did anything since last 3500 years other then dream up rituals. Indians obviously includes jats too.
Many are leading double lives too. Why do I say that? This is why - In one investigative program on a American TV channel - they caught numerous Indians - they came at different times during different editions of that TV program with the intention of having sex with a 13 year old girl (decoy). These shameless people - many of them computer enginners and a few PHD's brought things with them things like condoms, lubricants and other stuff. Some of them were married. They were caught red handed on camera and put in jail. One South Indian computer enginner absconded after bail and is still probably on the lose!
One Computer engineer PHD kept saying "I have a PHD in computer engineering"!! As if that gave him some sort of authority to have sex with a 13 year old girl!
I don't remember seeing a jat though!! But yeah a couple of Sardars who could have been Jat Sikhs!!!!
But plenty of North Indians and South Indians!!!! Very Shameless people. without any self respect, morals or anything.

deepika
March 6th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Thats really horrible and an eye opener.But i think u can find such disgusting people anywhere in the world.

Be it delhi/london/moscow/new york/sydney/chicago they act the same. Actually they act even worse when in foreign countries. Indians act obnoxious, rude, and mannerless particulalry with other Indians. In foreign countries, Indians try to avoid other Indians, sneer at them, make fun of newcomers, try to exploit newcomers and are utterly rude, arrogant people hiding behind fake sanskars. I wonder if these brahmins did anything since last 3500 years other then dream up rituals. Indians obviously includes jats too.
Many are leading double lives too. Why do I say that? This is why - In one investigative program on a American TV channel - they caught numerous Indians - they came at different times during different editions of that TV program with the intention of having sex with a 13 year old girl (decoy). These shameless people - many of them computer enginners and a few PHD's brought things with them things like condoms, lubricants and other stuff. Some of them were married. They were caught red handed on camera and put in jail. One South Indian computer enginner absconded after bail and is still probably on the lose!
One Computer engineer PHD kept saying "I have a PHD in computer engineering"!! As if that gave him some sort of authority to have sex with a 13 year old girl!
I don't remember seeing a jat though!! But yeah a couple of Sardars who could have been Jat Sikhs!!!!
But plenty of North Indians and South Indians!!!! Very Shameless people. without any self respect, morals or anything.

navdeepbudhwar
March 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

I want to know...

Thanks,

haan sir ji i fully agree wid u .........in todays life people are becoming more and more selfish and money minded
they do not respect any religion,,bt consider money as their demigod......
people dont respect their elders and old people of society......they dont have manners that how to behave in public places or at some random place....every one considers himself to be supirior.....

amans
March 7th, 2009, 01:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Highly educated Indians with phd's engaged in this sort of behavior. In that
program I believe Indians were in disproportionate number relative to their share in the American population.
Question arises how many Indian adults (raised with so called Indian values(sanskars) are like that. What are those Indian values? Those who have not been caught red handed. Those who would do this sort of despicable things if they thought they could get away with it - ie. if no one was seeing them do it? No one can be trusted.

deepakchoudhry
March 7th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Well i dont know why you want to discuss only about North Indians but as per my observations South Indians are worse than North Indians and really lack manners.I have stayed in hyderabad for about 7-8 months and found those ppl really rude.Same behaviour i have seen in South Indians living here in kuala lumpur.People from Kerela and Tamilnadu are into all notorious activities here.Kuala Lumpur is not considered a safe place and guess who is responsible for that?those who have made this place unsafe are all South Indians.

I haven't had much first hand interaction with south indian's thats why I mentioned north indian but I'm not surprised this extends to the south as well.

deepakchoudhry
March 7th, 2009, 01:47 AM
PHD or MBA does not mean the person is wise or guarantee's good behaviour.

I work with colleagues who are 10th or 12th Pass (Indian equivalent) yet are polite and well mannered.

Why are we not teaching the kids to be well mannered, all the effort goes into bookish knowledge and how much money they will be earning.

What about civic behaviour??

deepika
March 7th, 2009, 01:52 AM
So u see there's not much difference between north and south Indians except complexion:DJokes apart...Its really sad to see such people from our motherland.One more thing I have noticed about Indians...Most of them become proud if they get fame and wealth but people in western countries people become more humble when they become rich.

I haven't had much first hand interaction with south indian's thats why I mentioned north indian but I'm not surprised this extends to the south as well.

deepakchoudhry
March 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM
So u see there's not much difference between north and south Indians except complexion:DJokes apart...Its really sad to see such people from our motherland.One more thing I have noticed about Indians...Most of them become proud if they get fame and wealth but people in western countries people become more humble when they become rich.

Not sure if they become humble or not but western mindset is very different to ours. generally speaking no one gives two hoots if you are rich or poor because One does not rely on others for favours, as Society provides or tries to provide equal opportunity to all but lets not digress from the topic.:)

amans
March 7th, 2009, 02:08 AM
PHD or MBA does not mean the person is wise or guarantee's good behaviour.

I work with colleagues who are 10th or 12th Pass (Indian equivalent) yet are polite and well mannered.

Why are we not teaching the kids to be well mannered, all the effort goes into bookish knowledge and how much money they will be earning.

Have got our priorities all wrong??

All those who brought condoms, lubricants and other stuff intending to have sex with that 13 year old girl were extremely polite and well mannered. All of those were sexual predators and child molesters.
Being very polite and well mannered is not always a sign that a person is good. It is not a CHARACTER CERTIFICATE. It is not a guarantee that they are a good person.
Many times it is a technique people like those sexual predators and child molesters perfect to create a false image in order to deceive.
Then I should also add that if a person is a bit rough in their talk that does tell that they are bad.

deepakchoudhry
March 7th, 2009, 02:11 AM
All those who brought condoms, lubricants and other stuff intending to have sex with that 13 year old girl were extremely polite and well mannered. All of those were sexual predators and child molesters.
Being very polite and well mannered does not give a person a CHARACTER CERTIFICATE. It is not a guarantee that they are a good person.
Many times it is a technique people like those sexual predators and child molesters perfect to create a false image to deceive.

Of course but I think we are going off the topic.......This topic was more on the lines of civic behaviour then discussing deep psychological or moral issues.

anilsinghd
March 8th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hi all,

I want to know...

Thanks,

Sir , I am not sure if I fully understand what exactly you want to discuss in terms of the depth and breadth of the human behaviour.

If it is about civic sense only then I would say the cut throat competition and the plethora of material and information on how to become successful and confident etc etc has not helped anyone.
Every complex human characteristics is not definable and so is the confidence factor , what is confidence and how do you convey you are confident. I will give you what I have went through.
Please excuse me if that is something not fitting in the realms of what you intended to discuss :)
From a diffident self (mainly limited to books and exams ) to someone who is easily tackling people from 12 different countries on our office trade floor , I have seen myself evolve in terms of skills but never in terms of emotions and feelings. I have the same respect for people and same humbleness in what I want to convey . Even if at times I have to be rude or arrogant ( professional requirements ) , I have had the highest of regard for the individual. So to me it is rubbish to think of confidence and dealing with people , management and all as an act where you feel superior , be rash and rude! Your concerns are pre tty genuine and I guess we are putting ourselves in deep trouble.

Next about the correlation of education and behaviour , it is not 1 or even close to that. Some time back due to an incident which played on my mind for a good two weeks I coined this line :
Ignorance is not lack of knowledge , it is the lack of culture. :)

I believe in this because I have seen people (and there will be no dearth of examples ) highly educated but still totally ignorant of how to behave! :) and the contrapositive of this as well!

Regarding why this behaviour is on the increase I would say that we do not spend time enough on ourselves. We are so engrossed in thinking on m eans of living , increasing our wealth e tc etc that we are really going down on the human aspect. !

More on this if we can decide on what exactly to talk or you can decipher more for me on what exactly are you intending to discuss!

Thanks,
Anil

deepakchoudhry
March 8th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I think you have summed it beautifully "Ignorance is not lack of knowledge , it is the lack of culture" :)

sunitahooda
March 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Anil& Deepak Ji i beg to differ from your point of view on the mentioned quote. If someone is being troublesome to you and you don't want to degrade yourself by going to that person's level....Would it still mean that THIS IGNORANCE IS DUE TO LACK OF CULTURE? I GUESS HIGHLY CULTURED TOO OPT FOR IGNORANCE AT TIMES? I may be too naive as compared to both of you on the subject but somehow feel that IGNORANCE OF PRESENCE is case sensitive and CULTURE SENSITIVE too as the case might be:) I like to IGNORE but not everything/everytime:)
I think you have summed it beautifully "Ignorance is not lack of knowledge , it is the lack of culture" :)

Next about the correlation of education and behaviour , it is not 1 or even close to that. Some time back due to an incident which played on my mind for a good two weeks I coined this line :
Ignorance is not lack of knowledge , it is the lack of culture. :)

I believe in this because I have seen people (and there will be no dearth of examples ) highly educated but sti

Thanks,
Anil

sachinb
March 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I support you and the other thing is that being educated is not a guarranty for being a good person,,,,,,education or no education ,,,,,it doesnt have any relation to being Good or Bad

Anil& Deepak Ji i beg to differ from your point of view on the mentioned quote. If someone is being troublesome to you and you don't want to degrade yourself by going to that person's level....Would it still mean that THIS IGNORANCE IS DUE TO LACK OF CULTURE? I GUESS HIGHLY CULTURED TOO OPT FOR IGNORANCE AT TIMES? I may be too naive as compared to both of you on the subject but somehow feel that IGNORANCE OF PRESENCE is case sensitive and CULTURE SENSITIVE too as the case might be:) I like to IGNORE but not everything/everytime:)

Nishantrathi82
March 9th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Agree its happening at most of the parts in India.

Nishantrathi82
March 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

I want to know...

Thanks,

Sir its not only about North its happening all over India.
And one of the reason is people are getting more money centric they doesn't have any time for other things.
And another reason may be the Kichdi of our Culture and western culture.

anilsinghd
March 9th, 2009, 11:05 PM

Hi Sunita ji , I guess we are not on the same page with regards to the quote. :)

What i mean is not the ignore part of things in an battle of words etc or something similar. I am referring to ignorance which means lack of knowledge , education , or awareness. Again to explain clearly , what I am referring to is the situations in whicc people lack social behaviour , skills , way of talking etc.

And the quote( I coined this myself , and did not find it on web , so can take credit for it i guess ! ) means that such ignorance is not due to the lack of education , (becasue there are educated who are ignorant as well ) , but is due to the lack of culture.

I know few people from Rewari (actually my mom knows them ) and once visited them ,with the poorest of situations and means and with the most illiterate of self , they awweed me with their super - behaviour , that is "Culture" for me ! :)

I hope i am clear on this!

Regards,
Anil