PDA

View Full Version : Save money and energy in your wedding!

deepika
March 11th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Most of the times we waste money in wedding due to ignorance and in the absence of a planned and systematic approach while organizing the wedding.As a wedding planner i would like to share some tips with you which can make you save money and energy while organizing your wedding.

1.Start planning for your wedding a couple of months before.Book wedding vendors(photographer,videographer,caterer,band,flo rist etc.) as soon as possible.Vendors charge more if you contact them in wedding season or just a few days before your wedding.So i would suggest you to book them off season.

2.Make a checklist.It always helps in saving your time and saves you from mental stress,wondering what all has been done and what is left to be arranged,making it convenient for you.

3.Start shopping long before your wedding.Specially when there is some festival around,as you can get big discounts.Moreover you are tend to buy useful stuff when you are not running out of time.If you are not done with your shopping atleast 3-4 days before the wedding,it can make you panic and you might end up wasting money buying useless things or may be things which are not worth amount you have spend buying them in hurry.

4.Even if you forget to book vendors and have only a few days left for the wedding day,talk to a couple of friends who had weddings in their family recently.Chances are that you manage to strike the deal at a discounted price if you give your friend's reference.

5.While booking a caterer don't fix the deal where you need to pay on the basis of per plate used.I have noticed kids filling their plates lot of time in weddings.They might take a little and throw the plate and again after sometime use another plate.Even adult guests do the same quite often.So in such cases a person might eat worth one plate but using 2 or more plates.For example if a plate costs you 350 bucks,a guest might eat worth 350 but uses 2 plates so it will waste ur 350 extra.So to save money make a guest-list and try to calculate number of expected guests.So fix the deal with caterer accordingly.

6.Try to make sure that all the events are performed right on time.Brides please make sure that you dont keep the groom waiting for hours,so please dont take time in getting ready and in your make-over.Chances are that guest (who already had their meal)might get hungry waiting and again fill their plates.Morever vendors like photographer,videographer,D.J,performers etc may charge more if they are made to stay longer than the work hours as agreed in the contract.

7.You are tend to get terribly busy with the wedding so assign your friend or relative the job of donating the leftover food to poor poeple or to some NGO(it can be done in birthday party or any other family function as well).It can make the occassion more meaningful and useful:)

8.Take help of your friends if they have skill which can be utilized in any way in the wedding.For example if bride has a friend or relative who is a good mehendi designer or is skilled in the art of make-up then bride can save a lot of money with her help.She will be more then happy to help and be a part of the wedding preparation:)

9.Its not always about saving money,we should also think about enregy and nature.I am sure you are aware of Global warming so contribute a little for a cause by taking a few simple steps,which eventually will make you save something more precious,so go for Green wedding.I really admire people living in villages as they might not be aware of the term "Global Warming' but still contribute alot to it by organizing the weddings in day time.Not only they avoid wastage of electricity in lighting but also save water and other resources but using plates and bowls made of leaves(pattal and donna):).Anyways the following are some advices which can help you in that:

Use recyclable paper for invitation cards and eco friendly gift wrapping material.
Book the wedding venue within the city instead of any farmhouse away
from the city as it will save your and guests' time and fuel.
Use lighting as less as possible before the commencement of the function.
Try to use recyclable products such as degradable plastic bags and try to minimize the use of Non-biodegradable stuff.

Remember "The more we exploit nature, The more our options are reduced, until we have only one: to fight for survival."

So these are the some pieces of advices which i think can make you save your money and enregy in your wedding.Hope that it would be of any use to you.I would be more than happy and thankful to the people who can add more advices to the list.So that it can increase my knowledge and can help others as well:)

devendramalik
March 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Superb!!!!!!

About 3 years before, in a big forum, a case study was shared by one of my close friend (my Quality Guru), he heads Quality/Six Sigma Deptt in one of India's biggest corporations. He gave details on using Six Sigma methodology in managing and organising the marriage of his daughter. He saved a big sum of money by cutting unnecessary expenses and everything went very smooth. Your thoughts and recommendations are also in the same lines. This also gives us an info/evidence that you have developed great expertise in this area. :)

Very useful and I am sure it is going to help many of us.

Rgds
Dev Malik

ssgoyat
March 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM

My take:

Farmhouse is better:

Coz the above factor reduces guest count...n altoo faltoo bin bulaye memhaan....

for eg: aspas ke colleges ke hostels ke balak...:-p

mere college ke pas 5-6 banquet halls the...arr november-december ke season me sare balak bakre se pal jaya karte patthe....:D:p

deepika
March 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Yup you are right.....i have also seen such young crowd in weddings and could make out that they were there just to hog like pigs:DBut nowadays bride or groom's father or other members of family are always there to receive guests...so i am sure it can make such uninvited people head back to their places empty stomach:) In Christian weddings every guest brings his invitation card and has already a seat reserved in the wedding....so guest has to get his seat number from registration table(now it may sound funny and too complicated but its a very systematic approach they use).... i admire it as there's no scope of some unwanted/uninvited person attending the ceremony.

My take:

Farmhouse is better:

Coz the above factor reduces guest count...n altoo faltoo bin bulaye memhaan....

for eg: aspas ke colleges ke hostels ke balak...:-p

mere college ke pas 5-6 banquet halls the...arr november-december ke season me sare balak bakre se pal jaya karte patthe....:D:p

deepika
March 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks you so very much for ur sweet and kind words of appreciation.If you can throw more light and can help me gain more knowledge on how your friend saved money what all he did to cut unnecessary expenses then it would be of great help to me and ofcourse to the people who may find this thread of any use to them.
I am open to all sort of advices from respected members and would love my critics as well(as they would help me in correcting me if i am wrong somewhere)......so please keep pouring your views about it.

P.S:If there is anyone who is in any profession related to wedding and has any advice...plz come forward with it

Superb!!!!!!

About 3 years before, in a big forum, a case study was shared by one of my close friend (my Quality Guru), he heads Quality/Six Sigma Deptt in one of India's biggest corporations. He gave details on using Six Sigma methodology in managing and organising the marriage of his daughter. He saved a big sum of money by cutting unnecessary expenses and everything went very smooth. Your thoughts and recommendations are also in the same lines. This also gives us an info/evidence that you have developed great expertise in this area. :)

Very useful and I am sure it is going to help many of us.

Rgds
Dev Malik

narendersingh
March 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I agree to your view to an extent.

andyjat
March 15th, 2009, 03:52 PM
very good points

gaganjat
March 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
ask the guests to eat together in the same plate (wipe it and use it again if needed), sent text messages instead of using shaadi ka card , shhadi ke liye kise itni dresses ki jarorat hai , 2 dress lene me admi ko kitna time chayie (aurat ko bhi nahi chayie) . dont be so conscious about things , keep it nice and simple and enjoy your wedding. ar pandit nai pahlya tai bata do ak tame ghana laya tai ghana bhunda chetaaange.

gaganjat
March 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
ar haan jat tai nue bhi suit kai neeche 'action shoes' phaer kai shaadi kar le sai.
(kissi shopping )apne tai barati bhi isse sai ak plate ki jarorat ae konya rasgulle ke donga mai hath de kai kha le sai. ar poori ki beech mai halwa ar sabji booch kai kha ja sai (aapna tai plateaa aala roola ae konya)

hamnai table chair bhi nhi chayie , neechai ukhdu bath kai kha le sai isse sadde admi sai haam tai

narendra81
March 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
bilkul sahi kaha gagan, jaatan ka to yahi dhang sai...
last month meine bhi ek shaadi mein barati ko "two button black suit with neck tie" ke neeche white sports shoes mein dekha... bhai his shoes were shining like duck's legs :)
meine poocha bhai daaktarr yo ke saang hai to bolya ke karun sports shoes bina nachya nahin jata.. :)

jatni
March 16th, 2009, 12:53 AM
ar haan jat tai nue bhi suit kai neeche 'action shoes' phaer kai shaadi kar le sai.
(kissi shopping )apne tai barati bhi isse sai ak plate ki jarorat ae konya rasgulle ke donga mai hath de kai kha le sai. ar poori ki beech mai halwa ar sabji booch kai kha ja sai (aapna tai plateaa aala roola ae konya)

hamnai table chair bhi nhi chayie , neechai ukhdu bath kai kha le sai isse sadde admi sai haam tai
was it complimentary regarding simplicity of jats or making jat's fun? vaise ladki keh to sahi rahi hai,bekar ka kharcha kis liye karna......ghane rupiyee ho rahe ho to daan kar do ya kise garib ki madad kar do............ek din ke liye itna kharcha karna....kye salo ki kamai waste!!! fun apart ....isn't it right acc'n 2 u also?

shekhar_nehra
March 16th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Court Marriage is also an option. Which will save a lot of money and energy !

Any thoughts ?

sunitahooda
March 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Ya kimme jyada SAVING nahi hogi....madda-motta to kharach karna chahiye:p

Any thoughts ?

Somveerd
March 16th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Jai Bhagga ke le ga te kisa rahve.ek dam 100% saving.

Any thoughts ?

satyenderdeswal
March 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Madde mottey kharchey tai pachhey jo jho milta javey, usney party dtey jao...:D
Ya kimme jyada SAVING nahi hogi....madda-motta to kharach karna chahiye:p

yudhvirmor
March 16th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Any thoughts ?

Court marrige inter caste kar loo toh Chaa tak kaa kharcha naa rawe..
naa koi aawe arr naa kise kaaa jaa sakte.. sabte sasta jugad

deepika
March 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Shekhar my tips are for those people who actually plan to throw a party on this occassion.Jab party hi nahi hogi toh inn tips ki waise bhi koi zarurat nahi rahegi:DWaise agar har koi court marriage karne lagega toh mujhe apna profession badalna padega:D...Har koi shadi me jata hai and one observes lot of things but i am surprised tht not many people have given their suggestions which can help people in future.

Any thoughts ?

gaganjat
March 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
ghodi ke bajaye jhotta sasta pad ja sai.

rajasthan mai ho rhi ho tai ik uunt le lo.

paidal chal kai aur sasti pad ja sai

band -baje ki bajaye khud ae peepe, parath, katori -vatori , daraam baja kai kaam chala lo

nachna ae tai sai daru piye pacche kisnai bera patte sai daram baajee sai ak dhol

deepika
March 16th, 2009, 10:09 PM
u have already contributed a little of ur sense of humor in this thread now plz dont stretch it too much as its not some joke in humor section...if u have any sensible ideas then u r most welcome

band -baje ki bajaye khud ae peepe, parath, katori -vatori , daraam baja kai kaam chala lo

nachna ae tai sai daru piye pacche kisnai bera patte sai daram baajee sai ak dhol

gaganjat
March 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
i was serious !

either ur sense of humor is too good or u need to improve it.

stop talking like some useless scholar now

u have already contributed a little of ur sense of humor in this thread now plz dont stretch it too much as its not some joke in humor section...if u have any sensible ideas then u r most welcome

gaganjat
March 16th, 2009, 10:19 PM
one can also save money by borrowing old wedding dresses from people they know.

vaise bhi log un dresses nai ik bai pahan kai dubara pahen ke kisse party mai tai jate nai ar ghar pai bhi nahi pahen sakte. befaltu mai kharab au ho sai sandook mai padi padi.

kurta pajama is the best option for wedding dress for girls salwar kamez is gud.

deepika
March 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Oh i see so u mean to say replacing horse by jhotta makes a sense to u......if it really does why don't u try it urself....who is talking like useless thing i really dont need to tell u as its obvious from the kinf of innovative ideas coming in ur mind:Dand chill my sense of humor is completely o.k so u dont need to worry.

i was serious !

either ur sense of humor is too good or u need to improve it.

stop talking like some useless scholar now

gaganjat
March 16th, 2009, 10:25 PM
mai tai kar ae lunga , tu ke majak soche sai, hade paati nikkar pahan kai partiyan mai ja sai , tooti chappal pahan kai shaadiyan mai ja sai . haam hade likhan aala mai nhi karan aala mai sai

but ye i certify ur sense of humor is good heehehhahahwhooohahah :D

Oh i see so u mean to say replacing horse by jhotta makes a sense to u......if it really does why don't u try it urself....who is talking like useless thing i really dont need to tell u as its obvious from the kinf of innovative ideas coming in ur mind:Dand chill my sense of humor is completely o.k so u dont need to worry.

cooljat
March 16th, 2009, 10:33 PM
HaHaHa !! :D :D That was seriously hillarious satire .. waise jokes apart baat mein namak hai teri Gunny Bhai ! :cool:

jatni
March 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Jai Bhagga ke le ga te kisa rahve.ek dam 100% saving.
hahahaa kar ti kati sahi moldaan aali baat.............isse ki kasar rah rahi thi

sidchhikara
March 18th, 2009, 01:24 AM

I laughed so hard that I farted. Hahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!

Deepika, your suggestions do make sense for people who want to save money.

gaganjat
March 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
HaHaHa !! :D :D That was seriously hillarious satire .. waise jokes apart baat mein namak hai teri Gunny Bhai ! :cool:

jitte teri ya photu dekhe pacche tai koi shareeph admi apni betti tere tai bhyawe konya:D

gaganjat
March 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I laughed so hard that I farted. Hahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!

Deepika, your suggestions do make sense for people who want to save money.

sid sara mahool sada diya. itna sughandit thread tha kati gobbar kar diya mre yaar

cooljat
March 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Haan Sahi kahi, aur Beer-baaz se to bilkool hi na kare ! ;)
Isiliye kehta hoon am Single n Happy cuz I got KF lager! :cool:

Cheers!

jitte teri ya photu dekhe pacche tai koi shareeph admi apni betti tere tai bhyawe konya:D

satyenderdeswal
March 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Beer....pher te cheers bhai......:rock
Haan Sahi kahi, aur Beer-baaz se to bilkool hi na kare ! ;)
Isiliye kehta hoon am Single n Happy cuz I got KF lager! :cool:

Cheers!

shekhar_nehra
March 20th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Shekhar my tips are for those people who actually plan to throw a party on this occassion.Jab party hi nahi hogi toh inn tips ki waise bhi koi zarurat nahi rahegi:DWaise agar har koi court marriage karne lagega toh mujhe apna profession badalna padega:D...Har koi shadi me jata hai and one observes lot of things but i am surprised tht not many people have given their suggestions which can help people in future.

Ha ha ha ha ... Har koi ratoon rat Court Marriages nahi karne lagega.. At least there are no indicators for that yet. Your profession is safe. :D

Well you have covered almost every point practically implementable for a decent marriage party. Not much to add to the list except one point that came to my mind immediately that is : In a marriage food and clothes are one time spending and may be considered as less important but bride's jewellery / toom form an integral part of safe investment which a bride remembers life long as ye meri shadi ke zewar hain :D i.e emotional bonding so enough budget should be allocated to jewellery.

Cheers !

Shekhar

VivekGathwala
March 21st, 2009, 08:02 AM
Most of the times we waste money in wedding due to ignorance and in the absence of a planned and systematic approach while organizing the wedding.As a wedding planner i would like to share some tips with you which can make you save money and energy while organizing your wedding.

1.Start planning for your wedding a couple of months before.Book wedding vendors(photographer,videographer,caterer,band,flo rist etc.) as soon as possible.Vendors charge more if you contact them in wedding season or just a few days before your wedding.So i would suggest you to book them off season.

2.Make a checklist.It always helps in saving your time and saves you from mental stress,wondering what all has been done and what is left to be arranged,making it convenient for you.

3.Start shopping long before your wedding.Specially when there is some festival around,as you can get big discounts.Moreover you are tend to buy useful stuff when you are not running out of time.If you are not done with your shopping atleast 3-4 days before the wedding,it can make you panic and you might end up wasting money buying useless things or may be things which are not worth amount you have spend buying them in hurry.

4.Even if you forget to book vendors and have only a few days left for the wedding day,talk to a couple of friends who had weddings in their family recently.Chances are that you manage to strike the deal at a discounted price if you give your friend's reference.

5.While booking a caterer don't fix the deal where you need to pay on the basis of per plate used.I have noticed kids filling their plates lot of time in weddings.They might take a little and throw the plate and again after sometime use another plate.Even adult guests do the same quite often.So in such cases a person might eat worth one plate but using 2 or more plates.For example if a plate costs you 350 bucks,a guest might eat worth 350 but uses 2 plates so it will waste ur 350 extra.So to save money make a guest-list and try to calculate number of expected guests.So fix the deal with caterer accordingly.

6.Try to make sure that all the events are performed right on time.Brides please make sure that you dont keep the groom waiting for hours,so please dont take time in getting ready and in your make-over.Chances are that guest (who already had their meal)might get hungry waiting and again fill their plates.Morever vendors like photographer,videographer,D.J,performers etc may charge more if they are made to stay longer than the work hours as agreed in the contract.

7.You are tend to get terribly busy with the wedding so assign your friend or relative the job of donating the leftover food to poor poeple or to some NGO(it can be done in birthday party or any other family function as well).It can make the occassion more meaningful and useful:)

8.Take help of your friends if they have skill which can be utilized in any way in the wedding.For example if bride has a friend or relative who is a good mehendi designer or is skilled in the art of make-up then bride can save a lot of money with her help.She will be more then happy to help and be a part of the wedding preparation:)

9.Its not always about saving money,we should also think about enregy and nature.I am sure you are aware of Global warming so contribute a little for a cause by taking a few simple steps,which eventually will make you save something more precious,so go for Green wedding.I really admire people living in villages as they might not be aware of the term "Global Warming' but still contribute alot to it by organizing the weddings in day time.Not only they avoid wastage of electricity in lighting but also save water and other resources but using plates and bowls made of leaves(pattal and donna):).Anyways the following are some advices which can help you in that:

Use recyclable paper for invitation cards and eco friendly gift wrapping material.
Use lighting as less as possible before the commencement of the function.
Try to use recyclable products such as degradable plastic bags and try to minimize the use of Non-biodegradable stuff.

Remember "The more we exploit nature, The more our options are reduced, until we have only one: to fight for survival."

So these are the some pieces of advices which i think can make you save your money and enregy in your wedding.Hope that it would be of any use to you.I would be more than happy and thankful to the people who can add more advices to the list.So that it can increase my knowledge and can help others as well:)

thanks for sharing this valuable info deepika ji ........................................lols

keshavdahiya
March 21st, 2009, 08:44 AM
Go get married in a court and avoid the monkey business, people dancing around you.....save a lottttt of money and use it to go spend money on exotic location on yr honeymoon......Costarica, or may be somewhere in Brazil, or Carribean, European holiday.....I can elaborate more :p ;)

satyenderdeswal
March 21st, 2009, 09:59 AM
This is kind of selfishness...sharing ur happiness with all is a better option...
Waise kaafi kaam ke tips miley se...
Go get married in a court and avoid the monkey business, people dancing around you.....save a lottttt of money and use it to go spend money on exotic location on yr honeymoon......Costarica, or may be somewhere in Brazil, or Carribean, European holiday.....I can elaborate more :p ;)

deepika
March 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Thats a good point indeed.....one more i would like to add is...better to take artificial flowers on rent from florist for decoration rather than going for fresh flowers(unless u have hell lot of black money to spend on decoration)

Ha ha ha ha ... Har koi ratoon rat Court Marriages nahi karne lagega.. At least there are no indicators for that yet. Your profession is safe. :D

Well you have covered almost every point practically implementable for a decent marriage party. Not much to add to the list except one point that came to my mind immediately that is : In a marriage food and clothes are one time spending and may be considered as less important but bride's jewellery / toom form an integral part of safe investment which a bride remembers life long as ye meri shadi ke zewar hain :D i.e emotional bonding so enough budget should be allocated to jewellery.

Cheers !

Shekhar

spdeshwal
March 25th, 2009, 03:17 AM
दीपिका जी,

आजकल चुन्नी चढा कर लाने का रिवाज जोर पकड़ रह है !
खास कर जाटों में !
में समझता हूँ , यही सबसे सस्ता, सुंदर और टिकाऊ रहेगा !

खुश रहो !

deepika
March 25th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Haanji sahi kaha aapne.par mere diye gaye sujhaav unn logo ke liye hai jo shaadi ka chota mota function karne ka vichaar rakhte hai....par aapne ek sahi option suggest ki hai.Dhaywaad :)

दीपिका जी,

आजकल चुन्नी चढा कर लाने का रिवाज जोर पकड़ रह है !
खास कर जाटों में !
में समझता हूँ , यही सबसे सस्ता, सुंदर और टिकाऊ रहेगा !

खुश रहो !

deepshi
March 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
hey D..
yaar chhote-motey function toh nirey ni hovenegy life mein
wedding should be grand...
well, my perspective..to each his own..

Haanji sahi kaha aapne.par mere diye gaye sujhaav unn logo ke liye hai jo shaadi ka chota mota function karne ka vichaar rakhte hai....par aapne ek sahi option suggest ki hai.Dhaywaad :)