PDA

View Full Version : Cwg2010 - security issues

devikajakhar
March 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Dear Bros & Sis,

Just saw in the Online TOI, that Aussie Cintingent may pull out of Commonwealth Games 2010 due to security issues.

I live in USA. Pls can anyone in India, especially New Delhi, confirm this news? CWG 2010 is India's pride as Olympics was of china. My Chinese collegue, Mayeun Li says that if Beijing olympics was a Dragon, then India's CWG2010, is a Lizzard ! I think this is absurd :mad:. I just twisted her right arm, put her flat face against the wall and rubbed her nose till, she said sorry:thappad. After all, my cousin Geetika is India's best wrestler:boxing.

Iam sure if we conduct the CWG well, then we can host the Olympics 2020;)! Even in Economy, India opened up in 1991 and China in 1978. But we have weathered the economic slowdown better that China. How are things in India's job scenario. Here, Obama has begun a program, that will hurt our BPO prospects:(.

Your Sister,
Devika

sachinb
March 17th, 2009, 08:02 PM
India is absolutely safe for conducting Commonwealth games................it should not be even a concern for these foreigners,,,,,,,,,,,,

Players and games venue would be completley safe:rock

devikajakhar
March 17th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Dear Sachin,
Thanx a Million!

U R frm Delhi.....Do they allow American Volunteers? I can come to India with some...

If we conduct the CWG2010 well, then we can bid for Olympic 2020. hopefully we will not make the mistakes China made. My collegue, Mayeun Li happened to see me posting this thread "CWG2010-Security Issues" and her face became red.

Even here the "Politics" is at play. Judo & Women's Boxing are not included. Wrestling is now getting a lot of Sponsorship and Govt aid. Women wrestlers R still treated in a 2nd class manner.

When U have freetime, can you make enquiries abt CWG2010 and post in this "Sports"section of our beloved forum,

Thanx again,

Devika

VPannu
March 18th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Dear Bros & Sis,
Just saw in the Online TOI, that Aussie Cintingent may pull out of Commonwealth Games 2010 due to security issues.
Hello Devika sis, This is nothing new from the Australian side. They are notorious for similar acts. They keep on whingeing. Create hullabaloo often. Remember Beijing 08? They threatened to pull out because of heavy pollution and low breathing air quality in Beijing. As if only they are going to suffer. No one else raised that issue I suppose. Several times the australian cricket team has refused to tour Pakistan and Sri Lanka. जणू किम्मे होवेगा तो सबते पहले इनके हे होवेगा ?? I am 101% sure australians will come.

Nishantrathi82
March 18th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Hello Devika sis, This is nothing new from the Australian side. They are notorious for similar acts. They keep on whingeing. Create hullabaloo often. Remember Beijing 08? They threatened to pull out because of heavy pollution and low breathing air quality in Beijing. As if only they are going to suffer. No one else raised that issue I suppose. Several times the australian cricket team has refused to tour Pakistan and Sri Lanka. जणू किम्मे होवेगा तो सबते पहले इनके हे होवेगा ?? I am 101% sure australians will come.
Yes even i m sure they will come. They always come with some different issues. And i beleive India is safe to conduct the games but traffic might be the problem but that's not such a big issue, Govt. is trying to resolve that issue too,but indian govt. usually responded late to every positive thing.
But we can surely conduct the CMG's safely.

And Pannu bhai aisa na likho kabhi Australian Govt. dekh le apke ye post :D

devikajakhar
March 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
This CWG 2010 is smaller in terms of discipline than previous ones. Judo is excluded, so is women's boxing. I'd written to the comittee about this. Pls visit www.cwgdelhi2010.com (http://www.cwgdelhi2010.com) for more details

It is Sad that Ind women Cricketers could not get into finals due to wierd rules. After Super Six there shouldé been a "Semi Final of all the 4 toppers. I just hope India gets atleast the 3rd place. They deserved to get the First place. Even hockey it is the same. They lose just by a whisker. AnyWay Well played

deep123
April 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Australians are just thinking aloud and everyone in these times want to capture opportunity to bash India.

SANDEEP5
April 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
India is absolutely safe for conducting Commonwealth games................it should not be even a concern for these foreigners,,,,,,,,,,,,

Players and games venue would be completley safe:rock

Sachin bhai how can you assure any body like this. The government raises their hand over IPL (which is not too big event) security then how can the same govt can organize CWG 2010 with safety.

It may be safe as per your point of view but as per my view middle-east asia is burning right now with the fire of terrorism. No one can assure about full safety of any such event.......

Is bhram me mat raho ki hum safe hain. SANSAD par hamla, Akshardham par hamla, TAJ hotel, gate way of india ke paas 4 din tak golibaari. Kya in sab se lagta hai ki we can organize such type of event successfully.

Pakistan has tried once when they approach to Sri lankan cricket team to play on their land but what happened. Terroriest attack on Srilankan team.

Now it can happen in India also. So beware to make such statement. As per reality we are in a firey situation.

God knows what will happen next????? :confused:

Nishantrathi82
April 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Sachin bhai how can you assure any body like this. The government raises their hand over IPL (which is not too big event) security then how can the same govt can organize CWG 2010 with safety.

It may be safe as per your point of view but as per my view middle-east asia is burning right now with the fire of terrorism. No one can assure about full safety of any such event.......

Is bhram me mat raho ki hum safe hain. SANSAD par hamla, Akshardham par hamla, TAJ hotel, gate way of india ke paas 4 din tak golibaari. Kya in sab se lagta hai ki we can organize such type of event successfully.

Pakistan has tried once when they approach to Sri lankan cricket team to play on their land but what happened. Terroriest attack on Srilankan team.

Now it can happen in India also. So beware to make such statement. As per reality we are in a firey situation.

God knows what will happen next????? :confused:

Hahahaha mere iss thread paar jo post thee isse pehle ke theee i mean Govt. ke decision se pehle keee but aab mai apke vichro ke sath hun abb koi gurantee nahe hai kisse ke security apna taam jhaam uthalo aur kisse aur country me kaaro lo g Games;)

chandra16
April 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yesterday I have read in the newspaper that India's famous Kathak dancer (Mrs Shobhna Narayan) who is also an IAS officer is in trouble for a decision she took as joint director general (culture and ceremonies) of the 2010 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee. Along with 2 other senior functionaries of the committee, Narayan may have to cough around Rs 27 lakh ( Rs 9 lakh per head) for releasing full- page newspaper advertisements about the Games on March 6, four days after the election model code of conduct came into effect.

Narayan has to reply to the Election Commission ( EC) by the weekend as to why the cost for the adverts should not be recovered from her personal account and also from 2 other senior officials.

The advertisements had flaunted the "creation of several infrastructure facilities like flyovers, aerobridge airports, low floor buses, metro destinations and restoration of national monuments in Delhi". The EC has come to the final conclusion that the act amounted to highlighting the achievements of the Union and Delhi governments in violation of the model code. The poll code prohibits publication of such advertisements at the cost of public exchequer.

After the publication of the advert, the EC wrote to the Union cabinet secretary, Union youth affairs and sports secretary and the Delhi chief secretary, asking who was responsible for its publication and why its cost should not be recovered from the officers concerned.

All three officials informed the poll panel that the advert was published by the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee. In its communications to the Union youth affairs and sports ministry, the Games committee, however, argued that it was "a non- government, non- profit, autonomous organisation" and, therefore, by issuing the advertisements, it had not violated the model code.

andyjat
April 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM
add

God knows what will happen next????? :confused:.

aab mai apke vichro ke sath hun abb koi gurantee nahe hai kisse ke security apna taam jhaam uthalo aur kisse aur country me kaaro lo g Games
Today 12:22 PM
bhai kati theak hai bhai.
apane adamiya ki tha safety hai nahi aura the kit thy degay security.