Top Speed 105Kmph
Price delhi 1.23 to 1.72lakh
Booking 95k to 1.4lakh
Booking open apr 9 to 25
Application amount 300rs
Who will get ? Randomly choosen 100.000
When will delivery begin july

Source Economic Times of India

Dosto ye to hui specs ki baat ab baat aati hai ki yahan baithe technocrats kya sochte hain is car ke baare mein? Is gaadi ke aane se road traffic definately badhega par kya iske na aane se ye kam ho jayega?
Kya ye model successful rahega? Booking karwani chaiye?
Europe mein nano ko unsafe ghoshit kar diya hai:mad:

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the data Rakesh Bhai,,,,,,How many such plants Tata has put in various parts of Gujrat.
I am planning to buy Nano,,,its a good vehicle,,,Lets Rock :)

Specs
Engine 624CC 2 Cyl MPFi
Gears Manual 4 Front
Tyres Radials and Tubeless
Warranty 18 Months 24000Km
Turning radius 4 metres
Ground Clearance 180mm
Max. Power 48nm
length 3099mm
Fuel efficiency 23.6kmpl ARAI certified
Top Speed 105Kmph
Booking 95k to 1.4lakh
Booking open apr 9 to 25
Application amount 300rs

Dosto ye to hui specs ki baat ab baat aati hai ki yahan baithe technocrats kya sochte hain is car ke baare mein? Is gaadi ke aane se road traffic definately badhega par kya iske na aane se ye kam ho jayega?

sunitahooda
March 24th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Most Indian cars are certified unsafe in Europe so its not a surprise for a tiny-weeny Nano.If i remember right Esteem/ Safari was declared unfit to their safety norms.

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Bebe please tell me,,,should i purchase this car or not,,if safety is the issue,,,because i always follow Euro safety standards:):cool:

Most Indian cars are certified unsafe in Europe so its not a surprise for a tiny-weeny Nano.If i remember right Esteem/ Safari was declared unfit to their safety norms.

rakeshsehrawat
March 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the data Rakesh Bhai,,,,,,How many such plants Tata has put in various parts of Gujrat.
I am planning to buy Nano,,,its a good vehicle,,,Lets Rock :)
Abhi to Tata Nano Pantnagar se ban rahi hai Pantnagar mein Tata Ace ki unit thi so wahan se bhi ek temperory taur pe Nano banayee ja rahi hain taki logo ko aur intezar na karna pade.
Gujrat mein Sanand mein Ek production unit lagegi jiski production capacity 2,50,000 hogi.
I asked for reviews : kya lagta hai gaadi successful rahegi road pe?Positive and negative Points.

I have seen Esteem with name Swift in Europe then Swift with same name and Swift is vey sucessful there.
Maruti 800 model with name Alto then same name(Alto) was given to Alto and Zen also
But i have heard that Tata trucks were also there but Govt. give a tag of Unsafe there so no more Tata trucs are there.
Someone told me that his relative also bought an Indica but its maintainance is very costly

sunitahooda
March 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I think you can actually buy this as its ULTRA & CHIC and hell lotta better than BAJAJ's Autoricks in LOOKS but they are more sturdy than Nano;)
Bebe please tell me,,,should i purchase this car or not,,if safety is the issue,,,because i always follow Euro safety standards:):cool:

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Bhai my review is that the car will be a big hit,,,,,,but i was thinkning that the Nano production plants are spread all accros Gujrat for the allround development of the state,,,,chalo leave it,,,might be budget constraints:)

Abhi to Tata Nano Pantnagar se ban rahi hai Pantnagar mein Tata Ace ki unit thi so wahan se bhi ek temperory taur pe Nano banayee ja rahi hain taki logo ko aur intezar na karna pade.
Gujrat mein Sanand mein Ek production unit lagegi jiski production capacity 2,50,000 hogi.
I asked for reviews : kya lagta hai gaadi successful rahegi road pe?

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Ya thats why I like this car very much,,,,,,

Ratan Tata has done a wonderful job,,,,Kudos to him:rock

I think you can actually buy this as its ULTRA & CHIC and hell lotta better than BAJAJ's Autoricks in LOOKS but they are more sturdy than Nano;)

VPannu
March 24th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Specs
Europe mein nano ko unsafe ghoshit kar diya hai:mad: you have missed very important safety feature here.
Where are the AIRBAGS???? If there are, then how many? Does it come with curtain airbags?
Bhai ghana te bera na par maybe Nano's speed could be one of the reasons. 105kmph on an Autobahn will be hazardous for other drivers too. They claim it to be 105kmph but I doubt this car could shot up to its top speed if carrying 4 occupants weighing around 70kg each.

Most Indian cars are certified unsafe in Europe so its not a surprise for a tiny-weeny Nano.If i remember right Esteem/ Safari was declared unfit to their safety norms.Mere eeb bhi yaad hai india me kayi gaadiyaa mein pichhli seatbelt ae na hoti. 7-8 saal pahle maruti thi mhaare, usme front passenger side pe rear view mirror na tha because it was manufactured like that only. Europe maintains very strict and high safety standards as compared to the other world. Know a friend who is working at Mercedes in Germany, he told me that curtain airbags was a regular feature in Merc even 10 years ago.

sunitahooda
March 24th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I've seen a VAN also running in place of Autos, i guess its TATA's it had half covered body. Half is covered with canvas like open jeeps with soft top. That can be as good as NANO:)
Ya thats why I like this car very much,,,,,,

Ratan Tata has done a wonderful job,,,,Kudos to him:rock

satyenderdeswal
March 24th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Bhai Sachin,

Some more facts about Nano..

Its very unsafe as a small collision will make it a dump (As engine is in back side and its more dangerous then Maruti Omni)..

Secondly spares will be available at tata authorized dealers only (1 or 2 in every district and also not available in some districts in Haryana)...

Thirdly, advance booking amount is 70 K + form fee of Rs. 500 and plan for making cars in a year is mere 1 lac against the capacity of 4 Lacs.Cars will be distributed by means of draw of all the customers having advance booking (To jaruri nahi hai ki booking karwaney ke baad bhi aapko miley:D)

Rahi baat average ki to its less then 800 CC...Turning radius is very large...Will create problem while turning..

Base model main ganey sun ney ke liye ek FM bhi nahi hai:o...

The Nano with all facilities will be in a range of 1.5 Lacs and after one year they will increase its cost..

N Maruti is thinking of lowering the rates of 800 which is a trusted vehicle with a good average then nano and good engine capacity (technically far better then nano)...

Nano onle defets 800 in looks and price (wo bhi jayada diference nahi hoga 1 saal baad)

Bhai my review is that the car will be a big hit,,,,,,but i was thinkning that the Nano production plants are spread all accros Gujrat for the allround development of the state,,,,chalo leave it,,,might be budget constraints:)

sunitahooda
March 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM
You must be JOKING Pannu:oAirbags in NANO?They cost around 90K to 1 lakh each airbagh? Loot lyo bechare Tata nai:o
you have missed very important safety feature here.
Where are the AIRBAGS???? If there are, then how many? Does it come with curtain airbags?

satyenderdeswal
March 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM
ek airbag ki cost INR 40,000 hoti hai bhai....ek bhi airbag de diya to Lut jayegi TATA....
Bhai ghana te bera na par maybe Nano's speed could be one of the reasons. 105kmph on an Autobahn will be hazardous for other drivers too. They claim it to be 105kmph but I doubt this car could shot up to its top speed if carrying 4 occupants weighing around 70kg each.
Mere eeb bhi yaad hai india me kayi gaadiyaa mein pichhli seatbelt ae na hoti. 7-8 saal pahle maruti thi mhaare, usme front passenger side pe rear view mirror na tha because it was manufactured like that only. Europe maintains very strict and high safety standards as compared to the other world. Know a friend who is working at Mercedes in Germany, he told me that curtain airbags was a regular feature in Merc even 10 years ago.

satyenderdeswal
March 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Aise to aap ssari company band karwa dengi 1 lac ke air bag de ke te...:p
You must be JOKING Pannu:oAirbags in NANO?They cost around 90K to 1 lakh each airbagh? Loot lyo bechare Tata nai:o

Nishantrathi82
March 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Specs
Engine 624CC 2 Cyl MPFi
Gears Manual 4 Front
Turning radius 4 metres
Ground Clearance 180mm
Max. Power 48nm
length 3099mm
Top Speed 105Kmph
Booking 95k to 1.4lakh
Booking open apr 9 to 25
Application amount 300rs

The Car is Cool. It was all around yesterday in the news channels.
European countries they always use to find faults in the other’s technologies.
I u want a vehicle in Rs.2000 u can only get the paddle cycle why are u expecting a automatic vehicle with four wheel drive and safety bags etc.. If u want all these things obviously u need to spend much more than that.

Yupp you are correct Rakesh about the traffic congestion and jams. But I don’t think this is point of concern for Car makers this is the duty of our Govt.. They can really take some good measures to avoid such situations.

I Love the Car J

mkm_jat
March 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I asked for reviews : kya lagta hai gaadi successful rahegi road pe?Positive and negative Points.

I have seen Esteem with name Swift in Europe then Swift with same name and Swift is vey sucessful there.
Maruti 800 model with name Alto then same name(Alto) was given to Alto and Zen also
But i have heard that Tata trucks were also there but Govt. give a tag of Unsafe there so no more Tata trucs are there.
Someone told me that his relative also bought an Indica but its maintainance is very costly

All Indian car which are running in Europe are not same, they may have the same names but not same features, they different safety countermeasures like crumple zone, extended rails, etc.

Mere eeb bhi yaad hai india me kayi gaadiyaa mein pichhli seatbelt ae na hoti. 7-8 saal pahle maruti thi mhaare, usme front passenger side pe rear view mirror na tha because it was manufactured like that only. Europe maintains very strict and high safety standards as compared to the other world. Know a friend who is working at Mercedes in Germany, he told me that curtain airbags was a regular feature in Merc even 10 years ago.

Airbags will be there in NANO Europa which will be for European market with enhanced passive safety.

As someone told that NANO is not safe, but other vehicles which are running on Indian roads are not safe even as someone else also mentioned. Because India doesnt have any safety regulations for the vehicle as it is there in Europe(Euro-NCAP), US(FMVSS by NHTSA) or Australia.

Tata is capable ok making safe vehicle but Indian market is driven by economy, not by safety so they have to keep this into mind while launching the vehicle.

As it is mentioned in previous discussion that NANO's max speed is 105KMPH that possible but its acceleration is less while NANO europa will be having bigger engine to have better acceleration, pic and speed.

Keep in mind that NANO is meant for replacing two-wheelers with a four-wheeler, for the people who cant afford a four-wheeler but have to use a two-wheeler for whole family of 4-5 to members. I think you must have seen 2-3 children riding with their parents on a scooter or motorcycle.

My final words about NANO are that this milestone vehicle in the history of not only Indian Automobile Industry but in the world.

Regards,
Manoj

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Dosto mere ko to Nano mein koyi kami nahi deekhti,,,,yaa kati aandi car se and it will Rock the roads of India,,,,,,,,, isko Wey bhi pasand kare se koyi nahi bahca ib to,,,,,,,,,,lets enjoy the success with a ice cold Bear/Beer(whichever is correct):rock

Somveerd
March 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Please find here pricing details of Nano.

Tata Motors keeps its Nano price promise
Tata Nano Standard Version Priced at Rs. 1 lakh ex-factory (exclusive of transportation
charges & VAT)
Mumbai, March 23, 2009: Tata Motors today announced that the Tata Nano Standard version
(BS2) will be priced at Rs.1 lakh ex Factory Pantnagar (excluding transportation charges and
VAT) thereby delivering on the promise made at the unveiling of the car at the Auto Expo in New
Delhi last year on January 10th 2008.
The Company announced the price at the launch ceremony in Mumbai this evening in the
presence of Mr. Ratan N. Tata, Chairman of the Tata Group and Tata Motors.

Prices: Ex-showroom

The prices of the three trim levels of the Tata Nano launched today are:

Trim level/ Variant Ex Showroom Pant
Nagar (Rs)
Ex Showroom
Delhi ( Rs)
Ex Showroom
Mumbai ( Rs)

Tata Nano Std (BS2 ) 112735 NA NA
Tata Nano Std (BS3 ) 120960 123360 134250
Tata Nano CX Solid Paint (BS2) 139780 NA NA
Tata Nano CX Metallic Paint (BS2) 142780 NA NA
Tata Nano CX Solid Paint (BS3) 145725 148360 160320
Tata Nano CX Metallic Paint (BS3) 148725 151360 163320
Tata Nano LX Metallic Paint (BS3) 170335 172360 185375
The booking amount of the three trim levels will be the same across the country as follows:

Trim level /Variant Booking amount (Rs)

Tata Nano Std. ( BS2 and BS3) 95000
Tata Nano CX ( BS2 & BS3) 120000
Tata Nano LX ( BS3) 140000
The sale of application forms and acceptance of booking will start from April 9th 2009 till the end
of day April 25th 2009. The application forms will be available at a price of Rs. 300, with a range
of offers from select associate Tata Group companies. The application forms will be available at
over 30,000 locations in about 1,000 cities through Tata Motors Passenger Car dealerships,
State Bank of India and its branches, its subsidiaries and associates, other preferred financiers,
and outlets of Westside, Croma, ‘World of Titan’ and Tata Indicom exclusive stores.

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Can somebody tell me if NANO has 4x4 system also in it......because twice a year I go to Rajasthan for long trips in my car,,,,,,,,,,,in case it get struck in Baalu Ret ke tibbe,,,,then without 4x4 it will be difficult to take it out.

Because of my adventurous habit I prefer a vehicle to be 4x4 so that no animal is troubled unneccessarily to take it out.

sunitahooda
March 24th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Aren't you raising your HOPES too high:p 1 lac main 4X4:D, Pioneer ka system bhi chahiye kya
Can somebody tell me if NANO has 4x4 system also in it......because twice a year I go to Rajasthan for long trips in my car,,,,,,,,,,,in case it get struck in Baalu Ret ke tibbe,,,,then without 4x4 it will be difficult to take it out.

Because of my adventurous habit I prefer a vehicle to be 4x4 so that no animal is troubled unneccessarily to take it out.

Nishantrathi82
March 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Hahaha no bhai g it doesn't have :)

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Actually I have deep concern for Animal rights,,,,,so in view of that I dont want that my car get struck in Baalu Ret and to take it out use Jhotta, Khaagar, Oont or any other animal......its a cruelty on animals for using in such activities.
Some time they get hurt badly while taking out vehicles.

Hahaha no bhai g it doesn't have :)

bharti
March 24th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Dear All,
I am proud to announce that our fellow jatlander, Abhimanyu Sindhu, an alumnus of IIT-Chennai is part of the team working on Nano project at PantNagar.

Congratulations!!!

regards,
bharti.

Nishantrathi82
March 24th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Dear All,
I am proud to announce that our fellow jatlander, Abhimanyu Sindhu, an alumnus of IIT-Chennai is part of the team working on Nano project at PantNagar.

Congratulations!!!

regards,
bharti.

Wow Good to hear that! My congratulations to him :)

sachinb
March 24th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Thank for sharing this news Bharti ji,.....

Yesterday in news I heard that TATA is spending lot of money on research for making a car which will run with AIR. There will be an Air tank and which will be filled and after that it will run for 90KM and total cost would be Rs. 40 for 90 KM:rock. It was said that it will be possible in next 2-3 years time.

Can you share if any information is available with you on this. Infact I am planning to purchase this car for sure if it hit the market:cool:

Dear All,

Congratulations!!!

regards,
bharti.

rakeshsehrawat
March 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Thank for sharing this news Bharti ji,.....

Yesterday in news I heard that TATA is spending lot of money on research for making a car which will run with AIR. There will be an Air tank and which will be filled and after that it will run for 90KM and total cost would be Rs. 40 for 90 KM:rock. It was said that it will be possible in next 2-3 years time.

Can you share if any information is available with you on this. Infact I am planning to purchase this car for sure if it hit the market:cool:

Already one such vehicle had hit the surface it is threewheeler running with air displayed few days ago in a motor show as soon as got more information about it i will share it with you.But it was not from Tata

http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/

http://www.controleng.com/blog/820000282/post/310041631.html

gaganjat
March 24th, 2009, 11:13 PM
na no na no na no na no

na lo na lo na lo na lo

mittu
March 25th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Bhai Sachin,

Some more facts about Nano..

Its very unsafe as a small collision will make it a dump (As engine is in back side and its more dangerous then Maruti Omni)..

This car passes frontal and side crash test successfully. Of course it does not match EUROPEAN standards but who does in India??

Thirdly, advance booking amount is 70 K + form fee of Rs. 500 and plan for making cars in a year is mere 1 lac against the capacity of 4 Lacs.Cars will be distributed by means of draw of all the customers having advance booking (To jaruri nahi hai ki booking karwaney ke baad bhi aapko miley:D)

TATA cannot fight stupid people in singur! anyways, demand more then production is always a good sign. :)

Rahi baat average ki to its less then 800 CC...Turning radius is very large...Will create problem while turning..

MARUTI 800's average is around 18-20, and nano claims 24 and is certified as the most fuel efficient car in India by Automotive Research Association of India, Nano's turning radius is 4 meters and for M800 its around 4.4.

Only thing which may against nano is that its cheap! it would be an issue with status symbol of people, but with new variants coming in diesel and air-compression may change the scene.
In Short, I LOVE THIS CUTE CAR!

satyenderdeswal
March 25th, 2009, 11:12 AM
My view about NANO is that someone which have nothing to do with technical points of Nano can only purchase this..Even it is declared by all leading news channel that it is not fit for long distance rides.
one more thing, No option if rear tyres get punctured on the way as "Stapny" is only for front tyres....:rock:rock
Only thing which may against nano is that its cheap! it would be an issue with status symbol of people, but with new variants coming in diesel and air-compression may change the scene.
In Short, I LOVE THIS CUTE CAR!

mittu
March 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
one more thing, No option if rear tyres get punctured on the way as "Stapny" is only for front tyres....:rock:rock

Tubeless radial tyres standard on all variants of NANO, in case of a rear tyre puncture, you can drive car safely(below 60 kmph) to some place where you can get them fixed...its not like it will leave you stranded on road :)

PS: Do not expect nano to beat HONDA CITY in all departments:eek:, its a small inexpensive car which a lower middle class family can afford.

brahmtewatia
March 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM
i like “range rover” of tata… a pride nd coveted possession in ufff-rika… nd arguably the most sought after 4x4 in this part of sub-saharan africa. recently its book value in my eyes got doubled when ratan stamped it "indian".

i also like “land rover” and the latest model of “jaguar xj/xk series”… uh la la !!!

i also cherish “nano”… i will use it to buy a loaf of bread from “mannu ki dukaan”.

don’t understand why folks are going nuts abt its safety… take any indian car twice or thrice its price tag nd bang it at a speed of 100 kmph… hear the music, if u are still alive.

p.s. : buy nano at its face value… if u feel like… yr contribution to indian economy nd adding congestion on roads wud be appreciated.

kuldeeppunia25
March 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
some more points about nnnnnnnaaaaaaannnnnnnoooooooo

raj2rif
March 25th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Dear Members,

I think it is a great product, but there are going to be a lot of issues about its use. Here are some issues that may merit discussion:
1. Safety Issue: Obviously, with the power to weight ratio, safety has always been an issue even with Maruti 800 model. So, I don't think "Nano" would be safe to that extent. You really can't compare "Nano" with "Mercedes" as I have seen in some posts. Regarding Safety compare it with any two wheeler? Probably it would be more safe then those. I really don't know how much good motorcycles/scootors are costing now, but I guess it would be in the range of Rs 70000 or so. So, if you compare the price "Nano" would definitely be a better choice since it can protect the traveller from rain, sun, wind etc apart from being a little more stable and can carry more passengers (authorized)
2. Environment is going to be another issue. If it is consuming less gasoline, then obviously, it is expected to emmit less of CO2, so more environment friendly then the bigger cars. May be less environment friendly then scootors/motorcycles.
3. Road Space. with the price, it is likely to be a most sought after car by middle class families. (for which it has been actually made) if that be so, what would be the condition of already croweded roads in the country.
4. Parking Space: While it might require much less parking space, the sheer number will make the parking lots more crowded.
5. Unlawful movers on roads like animals. I think if an impact takes place with an animal (which we have in plenty on roads) it is likely to be damaged.

Small cars is going to be the order of the day in future. I have seen some very small cars on US roads in recent times. One by Chevy and one by Honda. But I have not seen them on the freeways. May be it is a good idea to have a small car for local use.

Regarding Sachin Baliyan's point of 4x4 facility: My suggestion, he may like to have a different car for each activity he needs to perform.
A high road clearance may be necessary when he visits is fields in village. :)

The issue is: is it a good venture: My answer is yes.
Is it the solution: My answer is "NO"

With the population we have and the space we have on our roads, the best solution is the "Public Transportation System", that is efficient, comfortable and safe (considering the threat of terrorism) to travel.

We have a long way to achieve the perfection on this issue, nevertheless it is a step in right direction.

trueblueindian
March 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM
it surely is a great effort but there's a equally great business mibnd behind this one.

the car has few shortcomings like very less storage space, sound of a three wheeler and quite a few more when it will hit the road.

the catch is the economics behind this product, like it has to be nesscearily financed @12.5% for minimum 7 years and the minimum finance ammount is 75% of the value.

tatas are definately making around 20-35 K over and above the selling price and if we take into account the 300 Rs. applicatiobn fee and 3000 rs booking ammount tata will mnake a fortune out of just launching the car, proceeds from sales will be next to follow

brahmtewatia
April 21st, 2009, 09:03 PM
nano car is doomed !!! mamta banerjee says, she wont drive nano.

rakeshsehrawat
April 22nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
nano car is doomed !!! mamta banerjee says, she wont drive nano.

Mamta banerjee jee to nyu keh rahi hai janu ustahi Ratan Tata specially nyota de ke aaya tha tu nano chala. Nano us khater bani bhi koni. Garib aur aam aadmi ke liye bani hai.
Mere ib tahi samajh nahi aa rahi kise Bangali ne uske khosda kyun nahi chepya. :boxing:boxing:boxing

sannand
April 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
This is what TOP GEAR thinks about Nano :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCxBf_SiaA :)

brahmtewatia
April 22nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
This is what TOP GEAR thinks about Nano :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCxBf_SiaA :)

LTAO... laughing their ### ### !!! what else they can do.

poonam
April 23rd, 2009, 01:53 AM
Unable to book Nano, man hangs himself..:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Unable-to-book-Nano-Man-hangs-self/articleshow/4427838.cms

sannand
April 23rd, 2009, 01:54 AM
They dont even spare Merc and Nissans, though Nano escaped wittiest of them. I just love this show. Their test rides with Rolls Royces and Bentleys amuse me to extremes.

But, one thing is for sure, British are seemingly unhappy about an Indian(TATA) being the owner of so many renowned brands now. Nano is one of 'em.

LTAO... laughing their ### ### !!! what else they can do.

arvindsinghrot
May 5th, 2009, 02:42 AM
re bhai kayooon tata ki isi tisi karan lagra so..... Hummer aalan ne yo thread dekh liya to... company band kardenge........
Music system/4*4 drive/Air bags :D:D:D:D:D:D kime or bhi chahiye to bata dayooo..... tata kai to heart attack hon aala sai.........
iske do paankh or luva dayaan sain .... ya teebaan pai ko ud bhi jaageee... :rock

Aren't you raising your HOPES too high:p 1 lac main 4X4:D, Pioneer ka system bhi chahiye kya

bsiwach
May 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM

It not only have 4x4 but also have seprate motor boat engine so that if some body stuck up in flood, he need not to trouble anybody:D and even if the situation is worst one can use the optional jet engine to take off to take the ariel route.:D but beyond that company has refused to provide additional features.;)

mittu
May 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
It not only have 4x4 but also have seprate motor boat engine so that if some body stuck up in flood, he need not to trouble anybody:D and even if the situation is worst one can use the optional jet engine to take off to take the ariel route.:D but beyond that company has refused to provide additional features.;)
haan dhoodh bhi deve se :p

jagjitgathwala
May 8th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Specs
Engine 624CC 2 Cyl MPFi
Gears Manual 4 Front
Turning radius 4 metres
Ground Clearance 180mm
Max. Power 48nm
length 3099mm
Top Speed 105Kmph
Booking 95k to 1.4lakh
Booking open apr 9 to 25
Application amount 300rs

I just booked 1 for my wife & children lets see what TATA will give
but i didn find much potential in nano ......i just bought as a alternate of
her scooter

rakeshsehrawat
June 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
http://autos.maxabout.com/cvid0000618/honda_jazz_s_1.aspx

VEHICLE SUMMARY
Name: Honda
Model: Jazz
Car Body Type: Hatchback
Segment: B+ Segment
Top Speed: 165
Fuel Consumption:
Highway 16.00 kmpl.
Fuel Consumption:
City 13.00 kmpl.
Warranty: 2+2 Years or 80000 Kms

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
Displacement: 1198cc, SOHC, i-VTEC
Engine Type: Petrol
Maximum Power: 89 Bhp @ 6200 rpm
Maximum Torque: 110 Nm @ 4800 rpm
DIMENSIONS
Length: 3900 mm
Width: 1695 mm
Height: 1535 mm
OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
Seating Capacity: 5
Tyre Size: 175/55 R15
Suspension: McPherson strut - stabiliser bar, H-shape Torsion
Turning Circle: 4.90 mtrs.
Boot Space: 399.00 ltrs.
Steering: Power
Brakes: Front Ventilated, Rear Disk
Gears: 5 Manual
Ground Clearance: 150.00 mm
Kerb Weight: 1047.00 kgs.
Fuel Tank: 42.00
Body Color Bumpers: Yes
Tachometer: Yes
Trip Meter: 2

Price:Rs. 743,000

navdeepbudhwar
June 16th, 2009, 12:20 PM
http://autos.maxabout.com/cvid0000618/honda_jazz_s_1.aspx

VEHICLE SUMMARY
Name: Honda
Model: Jazz
Car Body Type: Hatchback
Segment: B+ Segment
Top Speed: 165
Fuel Consumption:
Highway 16.00 kmpl.
Fuel Consumption:
City 13.00 kmpl.
Warranty: 2+2 Years or 80000 Kms

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
Displacement: 1198cc, SOHC, i-VTEC
Engine Type: Petrol
Maximum Power: 89 Bhp @ 6200 rpm
Maximum Torque: 110 Nm @ 4800 rpm
DIMENSIONS
Length: 3900 mm
Width: 1695 mm
Height: 1535 mm
OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
Seating Capacity: 5
Tyre Size: 175/55 R15
Suspension: McPherson strut - stabiliser bar, H-shape Torsion
Turning Circle: 4.90 mtrs.
Boot Space: 399.00 ltrs.
Steering: Power
Brakes: Front Ventilated, Rear Disk
Gears: 5 Manual
Ground Clearance: 150.00 mm
Kerb Weight: 1047.00 kgs.
Fuel Tank: 42.00
Body Color Bumpers: Yes
Tachometer: Yes
Trip Meter: 2

Price:Rs. 743,000
this is a new one i have heard about this....

abhimanyusindhu
June 16th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Thnxs a lot bharti ji ....:):)

dear all,
i am proud to announce that our fellow jatlander, abhimanyu sindhu, an alumnus of iit-chennai is part of the team working on nano project at pantnagar.

Congratulations!!!

Regards,
bharti.

abhimanyusindhu
June 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Sorry for replying soo late on this community....

I am working in PANTNAGAR looking after upcoming models of TATA .....

NANO... i guess ... one of the best car u will get in 1 lakhs Rs......
Have slight sound similar to AUTO .....

Yellow COLOUR nano .....IT looks awesome....yellow n BLUE .......

Gear shifting is much much smoother than any MARUTI CAR....

the team working on NANO is taking care of quality tooo too seriously... not a single defect in any car is allowed in vehicles to be given to customers....

I GUESS Its best u vl get in 1 lakh....

n first batch of nano vl be dispatched from plant in next few days..... :)

Samarkadian
June 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry for replying soo late on this community....

I am working in PANTNAGAR looking after upcoming models of TATA .....

NANO... i guess ... one of the best car u will get in 1 lakhs Rs......
Have slight sound similar to AUTO .....

Yellow COLOUR nano .....IT looks awesome....yellow n BLUE .......

Gear shifting is much much smoother than any MARUTI CAR....

the team working on NANO is taking care of quality tooo too seriously... not a single defect in any car is allowed in vehicles to be given to customers....

I GUESS Its best u vl get in 1 lakh....

n first batch of nano vl be dispatched from plant in next few days..... :)

Technical baata ne chod nue bata kitna discount duwa dega ? :D You are working there and still you GUESS...:p

rakeshsehrawat
June 17th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Respected Members

Please forgive to intruppt but please no- nonsense in this thread.

Regards
Rakesh Sehrawat

sidchhikara
June 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
The government should work on providing good public transportation like the Delhi Metro in all urban centers. Nano will do nothing but clog up the streets. Sadak te se konya, parking space bhi konya .... kit fit honge yeh saari Nano.
Nano is just a metallic box with lawnmower engine in it. Apne baja Chetak pe chhaat laa dyoge .. wahe se nano. Gaamam mein ib byaah mein nano den laag jyange.