PDA

View Full Version : Reliance netconnect broadband data card.

vikrantsiwag
March 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Reliance has started its wireless broadband service in which they are promising speed of 3.1 Mbps. But i m not sure if they can provide the same seamlessly, Considering their bad reputation for previous data cards. Also there is 10Gb cap on downloads on unlimited plans( and are calling it unlimited plan). Following are the various tarriff plans available. It would be helpful if someone already using it could drop by with remarks.

* Pay as you go - Rs 299 Monthly Rental + Rs 2 / MB of Data Transfer

* Night Unlimited - Rs 499 Monthly Rental + Rs 0.50 / MB if used during the day [6 AM - 10PM]

* Broadband + 1 GB - Rs 650 Monthly Rental + 1 GB Free Download + Rs 2 / MB thereafter

* Broadband + 2.5 GB - Rs 850 Monthly Rental + 2.5 GB Free Download + Rs 2 / MB thereafter

* Broadband + 5 GB - Rs 1099 Monthly Rental + 5 GB Free Download + Rs 2 / MB thereafter

* Broadband + Citywide Unlimited Plan - Rs 1099 Monthly Rental + Unlimited data transfer [Kindly check, this is will have some restrictions] [No Nationwide roaming, limited to your city only]

* Broadband + Unlimited Plan - Rs 1,750 monthly rental + Unlimited data transfer [Kindly check, this is will have some restrictions on data transfer after certain Gigs, mostly 50 GB ]

* Unlimited Night Add on Pack - Rs 199 monthly rental + Unlimited data transfer

trueblueindian
March 26th, 2009, 12:49 PM
will this be applicable on existing data cards also ?

sunitahooda
March 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
This is much too expensive than Airtel. Right now I'm using Rs.799/- monthly rent, unlimited usage/unlimited download. Been an year the connection has NEVER failed:)

trueblueindian
March 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
This is much too expensive than Airtel. Right now I'm using Rs.799/- monthly rent, unlimited usage/unlimited download. Been an year the connection has NEVER failed:)

bebbey mahari majboori sei, shift na kar saktey as the migration like in case of sim cards is not possible with data cards

sannand
March 26th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Exactly.

Airtel is way better in terms of connectivity and customer satisfaction.
INR 999, 384 kbps, unlimited usage, download speed > 50kbps. It is UP for more than 8 months now. All that in cheaper rates.

I'm one happy customer. :)

vikrantsiwag
March 26th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Agar true unlimited hota to badhiya tha no doubt but 10 GB download cap is way too less 4 serious downloaders. And they are calling it unlimited aur 10 GB wali gundagardi ko naam diya hai FUP(fair usage plan).

vikrantsiwag
March 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM

U are talking about data card or wired broadband?

sunitahooda
March 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Vikrant i've an experience of dial-up/ Datacard and settled for Broadband for its speed:) Data cards are slow moron no matter what they promise to deliver:o

skadian123
March 26th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Vikrant,

Go in for a Broadband connection in case:

1. the option is available in your area (home/office) where you would want to access the net.
2. you are normally not on the move when you need to access the net.

I have not had very good experience with the Reliance Datacard and use it only occasionally when on the move. For normal, reliable and longer usage, I use Broadband connection which is much faster and also does not disconnect on and off like the Datacard.

gajender
March 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Tata Indicom introduces Photon+, its new Wireless Broadband Service. Photon+ in Bangalore, Chennai, Jaipur, Mumbai, Jammu & Kashmir & North East States.
http://www.tataindicom.com/HSIA-photon-usb.aspx
TARRIFF PLANS

Plan Name Monthly rental (Rs) Bundled Usage (GB) Extra Usage charge
Photon+ Lite 500 0.5 GB Rs. 1/MB
Photon+ 2GB 750 2.0 GB Rs. 1/MB
Photon+ Night Non-stop 1000 2.0 GB Rs. 1/MB
Photon+ Non-stop Plan 1250 15.0 GB Rs. 1/MB
Photon+ Use n Pay Plan 250 0 Min Rs. 1/Min
Photon+ Daily 60 500 1800 Min Rs. 1/Min
Photon+Daily 120 750 3600 Min Rs. 1/Min

vikrantsiwag
March 27th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Vikrant i've an experience of dial-up/ Datacard and settled for Broadband for its speed:) Data cards are slow moron no matter what they promise to deliver:o

Broadband(wired) is better than data cards n dial-up any day. But with this latest data card broadband i was wondering:confused: if they can deliver the promise as the speed they are talking about is mind boggling(3.1 Mbps).

But in sync with u, i too believe airtel broadband scores above all with good service and support.:)

vikrantsiwag
March 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Vikrant,

Go in for a Broadband connection in case:

1. the option is available in your area (home/office) where you would want to access the net.
2. you are normally not on the move when you need to access the net.

I have not had very good experience with the Reliance Datacard and use it only occasionally when on the move. For normal, reliable and longer usage, I use Broadband connection which is much faster and also does not disconnect on and off like the Datacard.

Tnx Sunil bhai for the valuable suggestions.

sunitahooda
March 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Vikrant do let us know if you come across any feed back as DATA CARD can give accessibility even when we travel. The only snag with broadband is that its not mobile:o
Broadband(wired) is better than data cards n dial-up any day. But with this latest data card broadband i was wondering:confused: if they can deliver the promise as the speed they are talking about is mind boggling(3.1 Mbps).

But in sync with u, i too believe airtel broadband scores above all with good service and support.:)

vikrantsiwag
March 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Vikrant do let us know if you come across any feed back as DATA CARD can give accessibility even when we travel. The only snag with broadband is that its not mobile:o

Right now, This service is available in 10 cities only. I am following it keenly and shall keep posting whatever comes across.

gajender
March 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM
http://a1752.l2639523751.c26395.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1752/26395/v0001/reflector:23751

saurabhjaglan
April 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Right nw m using this lastest1 technology..HDD..
but this1 is costlier than others...
it all depends on personal use...
if u hv a laptop n u hv to roam arnd here n there (delhi-NCR),then its really great option.
but thoda sa rate aur Reliance ki serives ka sure kar lena....kz its realy very costly...