PDA

View Full Version : Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009

manjula28
March 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Dear All,

yes, is time to vote against global warming and climate change. its a global campaign called Earth Hour 2009.

Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009 from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM and raise your voice against climate change.

Its a campaign by WWF, through earthhour.in in India. I have this request to you all to spare your 5 minutes and register on this site to send your vote.

You can visit the site to understand more!

Pls send this message to all your known, so the message should reach to maximum for a good reason!!!!

I am gonna be part of this campaign tommorow. Will you be? I hope yes :) :rock

gaganjat
March 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
should be every month aleast in western countries.
developing countries do this 'earth hour' thing a few times every day:rolleyes:

satishsparp
March 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
VEry good cause..this type of activities should be done every now and then

rakeshsehrawat
March 28th, 2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27032&highlight=Earth

Bijli aawe kad hai?
balki aise time pe light ON rakho taki Sarkar ko bhi pata lage ki log khafa hain. Light nahi hai to mombatti jalao lekin roshni karo.

sunitahooda
March 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Kar denge band....hamarey illakey mein aati bijli:)
Dear All,

yes, is time to vote against global warming and climate change. its a global campaign called Earth Hour 2009.

Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009 from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM and raise your voice against climate change.

Its a campaign by WWF, through earthhour.in in India. I have this request to you all to spare your 5 minutes and register on this site to send your vote.

Pls send this message to all your known, so the message should reach to maximum for a good reason!!!!

jatni
March 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Dear All,

manjula good, i support ur initiative &also appreciate ur concern. we should seriously do this....................i will do atleast...............& will try to convience others also

SANDEEP5
March 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Kar denge band....hamarey illakey mein aati bijli:)

Hum bhi kar lenge band 1 ghante ke liya market me chale jaange ghooman firan...........

skarmveer
March 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
JL per Aapka sawagat hai, Pehlee hee post hai or wo bhee duniya key bhaley key liyea bahut sunder. Hum sabhee aapkey sath hai.

Dear All,

anjusin
March 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Gr8 thread indeed ....the issue raised is of serious concern
a lot more has to be done for this.....global warming is threatening the earth , the enviornment.........ofcourse a human generated prblm
we r responsible for this n we hav to erase it .......:confused:
truth is that ...things that we get easily r taken for granted...so are the nature and the enviorment .........:)

rajivsp
March 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM
JL per Aapka sawagat hai, Pehlee hee post hai or wo bhee duniya key bhaley key liyea bahut sunder. Hum sabhee aapkey sath hai.
indeed ati sunder post dunia ke bhale ke liye
ek aur Mahatma Gandhi JL par

vikrantsiwag
March 28th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Humne to apne hostel mein Samraat Kilvish(andhera) ka saamrajya phaila diya ek ghante ke liye aaj. Sab ki band karwa di(light)...ar baaki greater noida me aap hi bijli na aa rahi thi jyadatar jagah.

anjali44
March 29th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hi manjula i really appreciate ur view u made me realize that stil there r people who think apart from there personal life .Hands off 2 u dear.

spdeshwal
March 29th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Good initiative indeed!
I did turned half of the lights off at my work( A Supermarket) for one hour yesterday between 8.30 to 9.30 PM!
It was good experience all together!

Cheers!

anjusin
March 29th, 2009, 11:03 AM
i did turned my lights off......for on hour but for 9 to 10 PM :);)

sunitahooda
March 29th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Aandhi toofan ki wajah se kareeb 12-13 ghantey light nahi aayi:o hamara light hour nahi light night ban gayi:)

manjula28
March 29th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi Again!!

I am glad for response you all have given to this topic & must thank all. I know we all are concerned for the environment/environmental changes taking place.

This kind of mass participation by different countries, will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009 (As per I hav read!).which would determine government policies to take action against global warming. So folks be ready..we may have some new laws coming up...waise bhi delhi mein to plastic bags band ho hi chuke hai..officially at least.:rolleyes:

Aur thodi si Gandhigiri kabhi-2 to chalti hai na...rajiv singh ji :)

rajivsp
March 29th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Again!!
Gandhigiri is not Kabhi-Kabhi but all time hit formula as it was proved by super success of Munna Bhai II.

rakeshsehrawat
March 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Aur to bera na Gudagame aalya ne is kaam mein bhot sehyog kara hai.
Sabte bada dhanyawad to bijli vibhag ka karna chaiye. 8 baje batti gul kar di thee 9:30 baje tak to ayee nahi thee.:tamatar

Nishantrathi82
March 30th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Aur to bera na Gudagame aalya ne is kaam mein bhot sehyog kara hai.
Sabte bada dhanyawad to bijli vibhag ka karna chaiye. 8 baje batti gul kar di thee 9:30 baje tak to ayee nahi thee.:tamatar

Hahahah bhai hamre bhi 8:30 paar kaare aur 11 baaje aaye hahahaha bhai ya Lights off waala mahre dekh k liya na tha hum to pehle se hee bahut contribute kaar rahe hai daily 4-5 hour ka power cut hai aurr kaatek looge :eek:

Samarkadian
March 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Again!!

I am glad for response you all have given to this topic & must thank all. I know we all are concerned for the environment/environmental changes taking place.

This kind of mass participation by different countries, will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009 (As per I hav read!).which would determine government policies to take action against global warming. So folks be ready..we may have some new laws coming up...waise bhi delhi mein to plastic bags band ho hi chuke hai..officially at least.:rolleyes:

For the true spirits of movement venue should be Amazon's forests or Sahara desert with no light connection and I guess world leaders would land there with private jets[ofcourse jets without producing dangerous emmissons sensitive to ozone layer ] in tribal cloths. Its ironical and funny to know that how handful of metros/sub-metros people are being fooled over funny issues by pseudo-enviornmentalists. Climate-change and disturbances in sun are natural phenomenons not thrown up by garbage of humanity.Ofcourse human activities leads to effects on enviornment but not up to the intensity of climate change unless nuclear bombs explode. Morever, global-warming movement has been proved as a swindler.It ofcourse appears(projected) as a 'moral-duty' but more of it is fabricated.

SANDEEP5
March 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Aandhi toofan ki wajah se kareeb 12-13 ghantey light nahi aayi:o hamara light hour nahi light night ban gayi:)

Bijli Vibhag aur upar wale ko bhi pata hai 50% se bhi kam log light band karenge isi vajah se unhone khud hi light off karwa di..........:D

vikrantsiwag
March 30th, 2009, 06:54 PM
For the true spirits of movement venue should be Amazon's forests or Sahara desert with no light connection and I guess world leaders would land there with private jets[ofcourse jets without producing dangerous emmissons sensitive to ozone layer ] in tribal cloths. Its ironical and funny to know that how handful of metros/sub-metros people are being fooled over funny issues by pseudo-enviornmentalists. Climate-change and disturbances in sun are natural phenomenons not thrown up by garbage of humanity.Ofcourse human activities leads to effects on enviornment but not up to the intensity of climate change unless nuclear bombs explode. Morever, global-warming movement has been proved as a swindler.It ofcourse appears(projected) as a 'moral-duty' but more of it is fabricated.

This is really a valid point raised by Samar bhai. Same issues were raised by Michael Crichton in his novel "State of fear" which is a fiction but all the data(about climate change and global warming) used is true and comes from recognized institutions of the stature of NASA.

He blasts all this hoopla created around global warming as a propaganda by governments and Million dollar NGO's to create panic amongst people so that they keep fetching millions of public money. He shows through data analysis(which is true) that over the past century there is not a drastic change in the climate as claimed and shows all the manipulations that are done to create a "STATE OF FEAR".

anil_rathee
April 1st, 2009, 01:47 AM
Although there were lots of talk about this in Metros. But I observed it in mumbai. It was just a topic of discussion amlong people but hardly few people followed this initiative.

Bhai main to apne ghar ki sab light off karke apne 4ro roommates ko saath leke bahar POWAI LAKE pe jaake baith gaya tha. Wahan se jab nazar ghuma ke dekha to kisi bhi padhe likhe bhaiyon ke ghar ki light off nahi thi.

It was a complete failure in mumbai.

I dont know about other cities.

:o:o:o:o

sidchhikara
April 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Here are some excellent pictures of lights being turned off across different cityscapes...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/earth_hour_2009.html

click on the picture for the after shot.