PDA

View Full Version : Widespread cheating in Indian education system?

amans
March 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I recently met an Indian student who came from India only a couple of months ago. He has only passed Indian High school. He informed me that cheating is widespread in Indian education system from the school level to the University level. He mentioned that in class X and XII board exams teachers are helping their students cheat! This goes on even in Indian private schools. He said the reason was that the private schools want to make their results look better to attract more students. He said cheating in exams is a standard practice in Indian government schools! Furthermore he mentioned that cheating is widespread in Indian Universities!
I don't know if any of this is true. What do you say?

rakeshsehrawat
March 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I recently met an Indian student who came from India only a couple of months ago. He has only passed Indian High school. He informed me that cheating is widespread in Indian education system from the school level to the University level. He mentioned that in class X and XII board exams teachers are helping their students cheat! This goes on even in Indian private schools. He said the reason was that the private schools want to make their results look better to attract more students. He said cheating in exams is a standard practice in Indian government schools! Furthermore he mentioned that cheating is widespread in Indian Universities!

Yes this is true. I had told what you asked:rock:rock:rock
Are you ABCD?

sunitahooda
March 28th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Aman, its true to the point of insanity. A schol with a good rapport in Rohtak used to cheat about 15 yrs back by giving the question paper's all questions as IMP.Questions before exams and student would learn only those limited few, hence, didn't develop a good knowledge about anything. Students would just not read anything apart from those questions.

My friend's mother is an english lecturer in Gurgaon and used to be known as extremely STRICT against cheaters. When her own SON was writing english M.A. exams, she was giving him chits:o I kinda stopped respecting her after that.

sachinb
March 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
yes very true bebe........aajkal values aur principal/principles rah hi kaahaan gaye hain,,,,,,,

Aman, its true to the point of insanity. A schol with a good rapport in Rohtak used to cheat about 15 yrs back by giving the question paper's all questions as IMP.Questions before exams and student would learn only those limited few, hence, didn't develop a good knowledge about anything. Students would just not read anything apart from those questions.

My friend's mother is an english lecturer in Gurgaon and used to be known as extremely STRICT against cheaters. When her own SON was writing english M.A. exams, she was giving him chits:o I kinda stopped respecting her after that.

annch
March 29th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Hi Aman,

Mind if I ask where have you had your education from? Are you trying to do expos'e on the Indian Systems?
A guy who has had education till High School in India commented on the whole Indian Education System!!!!!
Every system has flaws, and its upto us how to use it or not-use it or just abuse the system.

Regards

amans
March 29th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Some one who was educated for 12-13 years in India should know well about the Indian education system. When teachers themselves are helping students cheat in exams there is not much hope.
I can see something of that kind of mentality in the Indian culture too. They are acting like Westerners. You can see that in their behavior, their clothes and in their daily language but it makes them look shallow.
Take hindi movies. Many of them are scene for scene copied from hollywood movies. That is called stealing. Same thing goes for some programs shown on Indian TV channels.

annch
March 29th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Hi Aman,

So, what is your educational background? Which educational system have you followed? If it was the Indian Education System, then you yourself should be aware of it. If it was the American System, then what are your intentions for getting familiar with the cheating in Indian Education System?
Are you on a mission to expose the Systems/Culture in India? Are you trying to open the eyes of the public to the faulty life we are living in india amidst the corrupt systems, politicians, etcetera, etcetera?
And there is hope, as always, despite everything.

Regards

Some one who was educated for 12-13 years in India should know well about the Indian education system. When teachers themselves are helping students cheat in exams there is not much hope.
I can see something of that kind of mentality in the Indian culture too. They are acting like Westerners. You can see that in their behavior, their clothes and in their daily language but it makes them look shallow.
Take hindi movies. Many of them are scene for scene copied from hollywood movies. That is called stealing. Same thing goes for some programs shown on Indian TV channels.

sidchhikara
March 29th, 2009, 04:19 AM
yes very true bebe........aajkal values aur principal/principles rah hi kaahaan gaye hain,,,,,,,

Yeah sure ... we were a paragon of values in the 70 and 80's. Lets revert back to that wonderful time. Before we do that, let me go ahead and book a Bajaj Chetak and apply for an MTNL phone connection ... I might get these items in 2015 if I book now. I will also go ahead and call my cousin who is preparing for engineering to not sleep for the next 4 months till the entrance test is over. He can then sulk for life when he missed the mark by a few seats. That was the time .. beautiful.

anilsinghd
March 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Kind of in sync with what Anju has to say on the topic!

Nothing is perfect and to be negative about everything ain't a gdoo deal!

If teachers are helping out , why the students themselves cheat!

I am no where saying I was ethical all the way ! But for sure I did not cheat in my board exams !:)

Yes , a couple of cheats in my degree , but umm.. that would have not affected my grade at the end by a great deal ! Let's call it 98 % of my hard work and 2 % cheating (assignments copying etc included ! Not ashamed to actually speak the truth)!

And yes , cheating does not in any way means the education system is wrong! Education system discussion should focus on how the students are taught ! :)

anilsangwan
March 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
You are right Kaks... was he a passout from Haryana board?

Also.... such kind of people only spread bad name. can you please give his cel number to me. I would like to know more about him.

annch
March 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Anil,
I am a product of Haryana Board, and I get the right to critic it..:)

yudhvirmor
March 30th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Also.... such kind of people only spread bad name. can you please give his cel number to me. I would like to know more about him.

lelle teri, chikara ke ar Sunita ki post pad pad ke mera paiya khoon bad jaa sai hafte main....

Thoda daan karana padega...

anilsangwan
March 31st, 2009, 09:38 AM
Fer menne k aapke muh pe chaippak laaayi sei Anju ji...?? laage raho aap.... :)

Btw... my whole education is from CBSE board... you know one of the premier one. :)

Anil,
I am a product of Haryana Board, and I get the right to critic it..:)

anilsangwan
March 31st, 2009, 09:40 AM
Thank you yudhvir bhaisaab....

Aman urf Kaka ji.....please send me the mobile number of the guy who says that there is cheating prevailing in Haryana board...in recent exams...

lelle teri, chikara ke ar Sunita ki post pad pad ke mera paiya khoon bad jaa sai hafte main....

Thoda daan karana padega...

annch
March 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Anil ji,
Manne chaipakk ki zaroorat nahin se apna mooh bandh rakhan tayin. I know when to keep my mouth shut. Like now, when my post went way above you.
Regards

Fer menne k aapke muh pe chaippak laaayi sei Anju ji...?? laage raho aap.... :)

Btw... my whole education is from CBSE board... you know one of the premier one. :)

anilsangwan
March 31st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Anjoo ji....iss ne kahya karein "Khaa-m-Khaa mein chaipp hona" ....... :D

Maine kabb kaha ki aap chaippak lagaao ki mat lagaao... Mein toh sirf yeh keh raha hoon ki aap bhi likhey jao...

Er aap ki post toh way above hain... mein samajh gaya ji ..... Aur kuch? :D

Anil ji,
Manne chaipakk ki zaroorat nahin se apna mooh bandh rakhan tayin. I know when to keep my mouth shut. Like now, when my post went way above you.
Regards

annch
March 31st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Hey, time out...:)
Lets get back to the discussion. I am also keen to know about that guy from Haryana Board..
Regards

Anjoo ji....iss ne kahya karein "Khaa-m-Khaa mein chaipp hona" ....... :D

Maine kabb kaha ki aap chaippak lagaao ki mat lagaao... Mein toh sirf yeh keh raha hoon ki aap bhi likhey jao...

Er aap ki post toh way above hain... mein samajh gaya ji ..... Aur kuch? :D

kapdal
March 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM

Yes, there is widespread cheating. It all pervasive and omnipresent. Thousands of years back, we cheated the uses of haldi and several other natural products (Though USA didn't exist then, still the patent filed there proves that Indians had been cheating all along!). We even cheated all the missile/bomb technologies in the World Open Technology Competition (We were sitting right behind the US of A).

And while we are at it, let's answer all your existing and future questions with an unequivocal "YES". So India indeed has massive corruption, weak national spirit, dying languages, dying culture, lots of black money, no communal harmony, bad education system, no public hygiene, bad public healthcare, lots of racism, bad politicians, worse administrators, worst people, etc. etc. I hope this helps your fault finding mission and you can conclude your report with no further round of questions.

amans
April 1st, 2009, 03:39 AM
Replies 1, 2, and 3 are unbiased and confirmed what that Indian student said.

annch
April 1st, 2009, 03:56 AM
Hey Aman,
You cracked me up at the seamsss!!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p this is the most humorous post so far...............no offence
Thanks so much for a hearty laugh, truly...
Regards,
Anju

brahmtewatia
April 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM

Hey Aman,
You cracked me up at the seamsss!!!!!!:p:p:p:p this is the most humorous post so far...............no offence
Thanks so much for a hearty laugh, truly...
Regards,
Anju
मैं भी कती पाट ग्या... up the seamsss !!! ... to see the 1st reply :D:D:D
here it is...
v
v
v

Yes this is true. I had told what you asked:rock:rock:rock
Are you ABCD?

rakeshsehrawat
April 1st, 2009, 12:19 PM
मैं भी कती पाट ग्या... up the seamsss !!! ... to see the 1st reply :D:D:D
here it is...
v
v
v
AMERICAN BORN CONFUSED DESI:rock:rock:rock

VivekGathwala
April 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
american born confused desi:rock:rock:rock
क्या आप हमे इनके बारे म कोई खबर दे सकते हो की ये कोंसे गृह स है ..........
इस करमचंद जासूस को पकड़ना पड़ेगा नहीं तो ये बहुतो की पोल पति खोलेगा .आर म थ्याना नहीं चाहता

तो कृपया करके इनके बारे म अधिक जानकारी द

SANDEEP5
April 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM

Helloooooooooooooooo.........

Aman ji, Can you please tell me from where have you got your education? From India or any where else? You are talking like a 5 years kid, who doesn't know about this world ? Cheating is everywhere, even less or more it depend on place and circumstances.

you want to say that Only indian are cheter and all other are honest. give me a break........

Rakesh Bhai sahi kaha aapne iska naam ABCD hi hona chahiyeeeeeeeee...

vikramrathee
April 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM

Hi Aman

Every system has flaws . Do u think students in the educational Bord u r passout from dont cheat. It does vary student to student. Students in US or Europe (may be u did ur schooling from that education system (not pointing u out)) do their assignment just paying on internet even UG students at varsity level.
nyu keha kare na bhai chor chori t jave hera feri t na jave.
U can't generalize the statement just meeting one kid.

anilsinghd
April 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Aman
U can't generalize the statement just meeting one kid.

Agree , generalisations are very difficult , so Aman , you probably need to dig deep , take a larger sample , have significant numbers ! ( Read some basic statistics on an unbiased sample , unbiased estimators etc )

Get some nice graphs and charts and then probably we can talk about it more ! :)