PDA

View Full Version : Be a Writer

bls31
April 7th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Any one can be a writer . There is a book in each one of us.

In the services we are trained to write short, crisp and to the point notes to the superiors, so different than story or novel writing.

I did manage to change over from military writing to book writing, and enjoyed doing it.

I have written and published two Books, about which friends on Jatland know. one 'Letters From The Border and other Less Told Stories" and the other release on 2nd march ' A Soldiers Journey Through Life With Two Wives'

The joys and pleasure of creating some thing in a tangible form is immense and persistent.

Writing also acts as a catheter in evacuating what possibly is troubling one without being aware of the same .

We will continue talking on the subject and I will share my experience in this venture .

Happy writing

Brig lakshman

bls31
April 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
If you can't find a suitable subject,start writing about yourself , your parents your relations or friends.

Pick up a small incident from life and write a couple of self contained page and save. Continue the exercise, as and when you feel like writing. Later edit and link up the write ups so as to make a chapter, and so on to a book. And lo and behold suddenly you become an author.Happy writings. bls31

Samarkadian
April 23rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Any one can be a writer . There is a book in each one of us.

In the services we are trained to write short, crisp and to the point notes to the superiors, so different than story or novel writing.

I did manage to change over from military writing to book writing, and enjoyed doing it.

I have written and published two Books, about which friends on Jatland know. one 'Letters From The Border and other Less Told Stories" and the other release on 2nd march ' A Soldiers Journey Through Life With Two Wives'

The joys and pleasure of creating some thing in a tangible form is immense and persistent.

Writing also acts as a catheter in evacuating what possibly is troubling one without being aware of the same .

We will continue talking on the subject and I will share my experience in this venture .

Happy writing

Brig lakshman

From a 'Fighter to Writer' sounds different, wise and balanced.Should have been a wonderful journey for you.

Compiling of existing thoughts, riding on them, making them a swinging ladder for the new ones and giving them words, surely, like you said is a wonderful play.

Your initiative is motivating to the youngsters here .At JL we have many distinguished members with good writing skills and are awaited like weekly series.

Sir, I often heard creating humour/sattire is not an easy task, what are you views about it.

bls31
April 23rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
One can find humor in any situation of course one neds to have a knack for that.

I can see a budding writer in you. Good Luck. bls31