PDA

View Full Version : Can Community Based HATRED & PASSION be treated as Pschological Illness?

devikajakhar
April 11th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Dear Bros & Sis,

The IPH in Thane, Maharashtra stands for Institute for Psychological Health and for the last 20 years they have been conducting research on Human Behaviour.

My Spiritual brother, Mr. Venkat.Krishnan, for a social purpose visited that place. This is a part of His write-up to them on the topic: CAN COMMUNITY BASED HATRED OR PASSION BE TERMED AS A PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESS?

Looking forward to your views,

Devika

************************************************** ** Can Community Based HATRED & PASSION be treated as Pschological Illness?

Respected Sir/Madam,

India is a land of Exploitation and Reverse Exploitation. Many different types of Loyalties exist in our population, depending upon the permutation and combination of Religion,Region, Caste, Language,Gender and Clans. Poor people have hatred against those that are not poor. This has lead to the problem of Naxalites and Maoism. A vast Majority of our people have a great deal of fanatical Passion for what they percive as their community and Hatred against another's community.

I've experienced hatred in various ways. As a Hindu, I've experienced Hatred from Muslims. As a South Indian, I've experienced Hatred from those who hate "Madrasis". As a Brahmin, I've experienced Hatred from those who hate Brahmins. As a Man I've experienced hatred from Women's NGO's, when I wanted to start a Social Service Program for women called "Stree Suraksha Abhyan.

My humble Contention is: We Indians have too much of Passion for our percieved IDENTITY and hatred against another person simply because of his or her Identity.

If this kind of IRRATIONAL PASSION & OR HATRED is declared to be a "PSYCHIATRIC OR PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESS" then many people will give up Fanaticism of any and every kind.

Your Institute of Psychological Health (IPH), is a great BOON to the enitre Nation. I dearly wish, with the help of LAW, the IPH, should declare Communal Passion and Hatred to be a Psychiatric or Pschological illness, needing psychological therapy.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,
Venkat.K