PDA

View Full Version : It is all about .... ?

anilsinghd
April 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
So many times we use this phrase : It is all about ....

Or something very similar.

Example: In a recent thread , i was saying its all about perception. :)

[[ Thanks Poonam for the inspiration , you get 6.134 % of the credit , don't ask for the complex calculations behind that number :eek: ) ]]

I have an idea.

Let's try and enumerate all the important things which probably fall in the category It is all about ...

That ways we wil have the most important things and then we can sort them to get what are perhaps the most important things about life.

PS: It is a thought experiment and deserve a sense of sanctity and respect! Please give your ideas a due thought before pushing them!

PS2: As always I put forward a humble request to senior members to share their views so as we can gain insight from their varid experiences.

annch
April 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
Post deleted by author...

poonam
April 22nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Let me first congratulate you..loving this thread already..hahaa:D

The very first thing came to my mind..when I read it ..was

"Its all about improvisation"..

This is in context of our everyday life when spontaneity takes the front seat every now and then. Also haunted by this saying all the time " Life is like jazz , you keep up with the chord changes and rest is improvisation'..:)

More later..

(explain that 6 somehting % in PM...:D)

poonam
April 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Its all about timing!
very impt.

Waise ek movie bhee ayee thee" Its all about love"...Sean Penn ki..Not that its my personal fav all about ....;)

kapdal
April 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Google kehta hai:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=it+is+all+about&meta=&aq=f&oq=

1. our life
2. people manipulation skills
3. smartphones
4. the Gays
5. the data
6. Protecting Earth
7. Mobile
8. Us

poonam
April 22nd, 2009, 11:45 PM
Google kehta hai:

Google ne thoda break de do... makhaa...its all about originality..:D

anilsinghd
April 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Google kehta hai:

1. our life
2. people manipulation skills
3. smartphones
4. the Gays
5. the data
6. Protecting Earth
7. Mobile
8. Us

Damn!!!

You suck man!! Big time :D True IITian :D

!@ All : appreciate the responses would also appreciate if you can really digg deeper!
What I am looking for are things that are probably the most important one.

Working on the "Equation of life" ;) ( the poor mathematician in me :o ) , looking for the prinicipal components ;) [[ Kapil 1-1 mate ;) :D ]] !

@ Poonam : that was a random number generated :D Nothing special about it :p he he he he

ritu
April 23rd, 2009, 12:39 AM
its all about....state of mind

ritu
April 23rd, 2009, 12:47 AM
its all about.....
family values

sunillathwal
April 23rd, 2009, 12:59 AM
It is all about satisfaction.

sidchhikara
April 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
Its all about ... its all about!

poonam
April 23rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
:p
Its all about ... its all about!

chalo kaam khatam...:D

kar dyo conclude eeb is thread ne...hahaha

sumitteotia
April 23rd, 2009, 02:33 AM
Its all abt making ones life simple and sober!

chandra16
April 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
it's all about understanding perceptions...!!!

jagmohan
April 23rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
A very interesting topic and I hope members remove their masks before giving an honest try.

Let me risk a quick comment about mathematicians! In 1975 in JAT College Sonipat we used to have a lecturer by the name of Mr Rana. Unknowingly and showing unnecessary courage, I had taken admission in Pre-Engg. Mr Rana came for the first lecture and wrote some unrecognizable signs and symbols, which I now know were ‘Lambda, Gamma’, Cos Thetta etc. After the lecture he asked “Kisi ko doubt se K” I innocently asked him “Sir, U saare saal ka syllabus likhya se ak pehla lecture se”. Anyways, after knowing the answer, I rushed to the Principal and changed over to Pre – Medical stream. Ude ke hoya, is another story to be told later.

It is all about ‘Drawing a Line’. If this fact is first understood and later practiced, believe you me, a human being can be very happy. One has to draw a line in personal, professional, social and societal terms. As long as one does not do so, he/she can be taken for granted by all and sundry. One does not have the kind of time to write a thesis, but it is not difficult to understand. Let’s take an example: What kind of house does a person need to live? Someone has said “Fools make houses and wise men live in it on rent”. However, being able to make a house in our society is considered equal to achieving ‘Nirvana’. Now do you make a house for your convenience or to show off to society and relatives? This is where a mature individual should ‘Draw the Line’. This line is akin to ‘Lakshman Rekha’. Each individual must learn to draw that line.

Once a person learns how and when to draw a line and experiences the advantages. Normally, happiness follows. An example: From the time I have carrying a cell phone I have stopped wearing a watch. There is no need. Just felt like doing so and did it. Advantage: Vo ghadi ke patte ki line bhi mit gi!

There are many ‘It is all about’ but another one is “It is all about loving your parents”.

Regards,

JS Malik

cooljat
April 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Words of wisdom Jaggu Uncle, point well taken ! :)

There is so much to learn from you, keep pouring ...

It is all about ‘Drawing a Line’. If this fact is first understood and later practiced, believe you me, a human being can be very happy. One has to draw a line in personal, professional, social and societal terms. As long as one does not do so, he/she can be taken for granted by all and sundry. One does not have the kind of time to write a thesis, but it is not difficult to understand. Let’s take an example: What kind of house does a person need to live? Someone has said “Fools make houses and wise men live in it on rent”. However, being able to make a house in our society is considered equal to achieving ‘Nirvana’. Now do you make a house for your convenience or to show off to society and relatives? This is where a mature individual should ‘Draw the Line’. This line is akin to ‘Lakshman Rekha’. Each individual must learn to draw that line.

Once a person learns how and when to draw a line and experiences the advantages. Normally, happiness follows. An example: From the time I have carrying a cell phone I have stopped wearing a watch. There is no need. Just felt like doing so and did it. Advantage: Vo ghadi ke patte ki line bhi mit gi!

There are many ‘It is all about’ but another one is “It is all about loving your parents”.

Regards,

JS Malik

cooljat
April 23rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
My take -

Its all about - Staying ' सहज ' !! :)

brahmtewatia
April 23rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
The very first thing came to my mind..when I read it ..was

"Its all about improvisation"..

This is in context of our everyday life when spontaneity takes the front seat every now and then. Also haunted by this saying all the time " Life is like jazz , you keep up with the chord changes and rest is improvisation'..:)

Its all about timing!
very impt.

there you go... bang ON !!! 'concur' in all the meanings of the word.

wud just like to reverse the order, as per my perception...
no.1 = Its all about timing!
nd then...
no. 2... Its all about improvisation

after that comes...
no. 3
v
v
v

It is all about satisfaction.
last, but not the least as i try to remove my mask nd give an honest try, before my perception does a flip-flop (anil's patent, approved by me ;)) comes...
no. 4
v
v
v

A very interesting topic and I hope members remove their masks before giving an honest try.

It is all about ‘Drawing a Line’. If this fact is first understood and later practiced, believe you me, a human being can be very happy. One has to draw a line in personal, professional, social and societal terms. As long as one does not do so, he/she can be taken for granted by all and sundry.

Regards,

JS Malik
.................................................. .................................................. .............. (<<< here is the line)

over and out !!!

p.s. : thanks IR's ;):)

anilsinghd
April 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Shuru ho gaye sab ke one liners ? :) !

Kidding!

Some really good responses :) ! Nice one Jit!

Also if we can respectfully disagree to someone's it's all about , lets do it ! :)

Poonam , you meant improvisation , but I guess life would be about long term things which probably need a a lot of pre-planning and dedicated implementation with lil room to go awry amidst the journey ? Thoughts ?

@ All: Would also be great if you can substantiate your "Its all about ..." , should give us a good insight! :)

Thanks,
Anil

mittu
April 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Its all about...HAPPINESS

If we try to measure everything in some common unit, then i guess we can translate it to happiness. What ever we do, whatever we seek[immediate], we always look for happiness. it could be momentary or long term...
Interesting thread, and wise answers...

navingulia
April 23rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
sab moh maya hai

poonam
April 23rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
but I guess life would be about long term things which probably need a a lot of pre-planning and dedicated implementation with lil room to go awry amidst the journey ? Thoughts ?

Without denying what you said, I would request you to pay heed to what I clearly stated "In the context of everyday life".

For instance:
1. Your gf shows up one fine evening and you insist her to stay for dinner which you promised you are going to cook for her ( (lucky she:p ) but wait ...only to discover that "Shoot! I ran out of groceries"..:eek: Then you improvise..you grab some eggs lying in your fridge and make some scrumptious omelettes which she ends up devouring....:D

2. I happen to stuck in a traffic jam and I improvise and de tour..

There are plenty of examples, subtle but important in everyday life when we are bound to improvise. Now the results you face depends on how smart or dumb your improvisation is.

So, I emphasise that by improvisation I'm referring to everyday life and its prompted by that very moment/unforeseen circumstances.

(I'm not denying the palnning part for your life as such..)

poonam
April 23rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
. another one is “It is all about loving your parents”.

With due respect and appreciating your views Col Malik, would like to add:

"Its all about respect" regardless of who is at the receiving end, be it your kids,parents, boss, colleagues, even animals for that matter.

Another important all about "Its all about avoiding (someone)". Its not that you are slipping the venom spewed by 'em through the cracks, its just that you are simply avoiding 'em deliberately...

On that note, I bid you folks good morning (Shakespear’s death day today...)

sidchhikara
April 23rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
On that note, I bid you folks good morning(Shakespear’s death day today...)

I wonder if he would've said...
Its all about ..... to be or not to be !!
on the day of his death.

rekharathee
April 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
it is all about " pursuit......... of wot it is all about?

poonam
April 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
I wonder if he would've said...
Its all about ..... to be or not to be !!
on the day of his death.

Hahahahha...as if he had a choice..
Sid....mare odd ne te jeen de..hahaaha..what a paradox..:D

poonam
April 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
Its all about...HAPPINESS

If we try to measure everything in some common unit, then i guess we can translate it to happiness. What ever we do, whatever we seek, we always look for happiness. it could be momentary or long term...

True!

(Was not letting me post this one word coz of : [I]The msg you have entered is too short. Pls lengthen your msg to at least 10 characters..... So I'm tricking errr improvising it....silly systems..:D.

sidchhikara
April 24th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Hahahahha...as if he had a choice..
Sid....mare odd ne te jeen de..hahaaha..what a paradox..:D

A paradox indeed :D

brahmtewatia
April 24th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Once upon a time, a big monk and a little monk were traveling together. They came to the bank of a river and found the bridge was damaged. They had to wade across the river. There was a pretty lady who was stuck at the damaged bridge and couldn't cross the river. The big monk offered to carry the pretty lady across the river on his back. The lady accepted.

The little monk was shocked by the move of the big monk. “How can big disciple brother carry a lady when we are supposed to avoid all intimacy with females?" thought the little monk. But he kept quiet. The big monk carried the lady across the river and the small monk followed unhappily. When they had crossed the river, the big monk let the lady down and they parted ways with her.

All along the way for several miles, the little monk was very unhappy with the act of the big monk. He was making up all kinds of accusations about the big monk in his head. This got him madder and madder. But he still kept quiet. And the big monk had no inclination to explain his situation.

Finally, at a rest point many hours later, the little monk could not stand it any further, he burst out angrily at the big monk. "How can you claim yourself a devout monk, when you seize the first opportunity to touch a female, especially when she is very pretty? All your teachings to me make you a big hypocrite."

The big monk looked surprised and said, "I had put down the pretty lady at the river bank many hours ago, how come you are still carrying her along?"

##############################################
##############################################

this vry old chinese zen story reflects the thinking of many people today. we encounter many unpleasant things in our life, they irritate us nd they make us angry. sumtimes, they cause us a lot of hurt, sumtimes they cause us to be bitter or jealous. but like the little monk, we are not willing to let them go away. we keep on carrying the baggage of the "pretty lady" with us. we let them keep on coming back to hurt us, make us angry, make us bitter nd cause us a lot of agony.

why?

simply because we are not willing to put down or let go of the baggage of the "pretty lady". we shud let go of the pretty lady imdtly after crossing the river, imdtly after the unpleasant event is over. this will imdtly remove all our agonies. there is no need to be further hurt by the unpleasant event after it is over... its just that simple.

but in reality everybody tries to adopt a holier-than-thao stance, nd carry along keeping this baggage of of "pretty lady" nd thereby killing or crucifying jesus, time nd again. jesus was crucified nd was born again. everyday in our daily life we crucify 100’s of jesus, knowingly or unknowingly. but d’u really think, you crucified the jesus??? the answer is big "NO". jesus was n’vr crucified nd would n'vr be… he will be born time nd again, as long this vicious circle of life exists.

"how many deaths must i die before the final death
or is it the resurrection i await
with arms outstretched".

i guess above story nd quote will give some meaning to those who crucify jesus every now nd then... if at all, they can comprehend... cos, at the end of the day its all abt the "satisfaction", some can derive tht satisfaction by "नोच'ing the khamba", sum can derive it by maintaining their cool.

ssgoyat
April 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM
" It's all about Money...Honey";)

India infoline..

anilsinghd
April 26th, 2009, 06:52 PM
we keep on carrying the baggage of the "pretty lady" with us. we let them keep on coming back to hurt us, make us angry, make us bitter nd cause us a lot of agony.

A post of sorts , appreciate that big time. :) If I have to answer what is all about Brahm .. I would probably refer to this post and say :

It is all about "this". :) !

Probably we can stop being judgemental , stop carrying the pretty lady and life would be rosy!

Thank you for all the words of wisdom , I am learning ( at least ) ! :)

poonamchaudhary
April 26th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Its all about being yourself.

suniljakhar
April 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
It's all about being true to yourself - being yourself.

Rest of the things follow automatically...

suniljakhar
April 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM
As usual, quite an interesting topic by @nil and grt inputs from worthy members :)

spdeshwal
April 27th, 2009, 04:53 AM
It is about me( us), with or without mask!
It is about me,( us), in thoughts and actions!
Its about me(us), beastly and saintly!

Its about my( Our) ignorance and knowledge!

Its about my(our) existence and survival!

Its about survival of the fittest!

These were some vague and abstract thoughts, Inspired by all worthy members in responding to Anil's quest for different perceptions and point of views on the topic.
I am still not sure if i was on right track!

It is about to be cheerful and bring cheers to others!
It is about that blissful moment!

brahmtewatia
April 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Its all about being yourself.

It's all about being true to yourself - being yourself.

Rest of the things follow automatically...
poonam/sunil, how can you overlook my signatures :)

1. its all abt being "BOLD" in what you stand for ! :)
2. its all abt keeping simplest of tastes... satisfaction is bound to follow. :):)
3. its all abt "being YOURSELF"... do tht, everybody/everything is taken in. ;););)

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

p.s.: easy said then done ! ;)

brahmtewatia
April 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
A post of sorts , appreciate that big time. :) If I have to answer what is all about Brahm .. I would probably refer to this post and say :

It is all about "this". :) !

Probably we can stop being judgemental , stop carrying the pretty lady and life would be rosy!

Thank you for all the words of wisdom , I am learning ( at least ) ! :)
ahahaha... anil there is another option... carry betal [ brahm(it) me ] on yr back (viram nd betal)... i promise a ROSY (life) for U :p.

you see, tht'll also help avoiding gender bias... folks (ladies) can carry 'betal' on their back nd gents can carry 'pretty lady' as long their thots are in sync ;) with elder monk. :D

anilsinghd
May 6th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I thought I would conclude with this line :

" It is all about people ! ".

But then thought it would be pretty unfair on you all to not get a chance to scrutinise what I said.

To me , it is all about people , those that you choose and those that you do not.
Every bit of emotions that you feel ( the rationals , the irrationals and any other irrespective) is due to others.

Joy , fear , surprise , disgust , anger , sadness , love , remorse , aggressiveness , contempt , submission , otimism you name it :) , all are becasue of other people!

Make sure you choose the "right" set of people! :)

Kabir said:

बंधे को बंधे मिले , छूटे कौन उपाए
कर सेवा निर्बंध की , पल में लेंगे छुडाये !

I agree! :)

Samarkadian
May 6th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I thought I would conclude with this line :

" It is all about people ! ".

But then thought it would be pretty unfair on you all to not get a chance to scrutinise what I said.

Every bit of emotions that you feel ( the rationals , the irrationals and any other irrespective) is due to others.

Make sure you choose the "right" set of people! :)

It is all about Life and 'living' in it.
It is all about thinking.As you shall think, you shall become.Irrespective of what you feel.

My 10 Pisse.

spdeshwal
May 6th, 2009, 03:16 AM
It is all about "MAYA" and how we interpret it!