PDA

View Full Version : Should we vote for National or State parties

aryasatyadev
April 28th, 2009, 05:37 AM
As per the constitution of India the Union and States have different legislatives and diffrent priorities. The politics and policy of a Nation and that of a state are totally different, and different are the issues on which the elections are being contested.
Since last 15 years many a parties which are influential at state level are contesting the election at national level i.e. Loksabha, and it happened more than once that they show a formidable strength in Loksabha. As no national party is getting the clear majority (mainly due to these state parties), the smaller parties put up themselves to be traded in favour or against any party.
Isn't it the time that we should ponder over following aspects:
1. National Poilitics is different from a state's.
2. The parties should have pre-election allaince.
3. We should not let the party change their alliance after election.
4. Election involves a lot of money that comes from people like you and me and not from politicians.
5. Is it not better to vote for the National Parties (Whichever)?

Please contribute and let there be awareness

rakeshsehrawat
April 28th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Not again:rock:rock:rock

rocky0036
April 28th, 2009, 10:46 AM
As per the constitution of India the Union and States have different legislatives and diffrent priorities. The politics and policy of a Nation and that of a state are totally different, and different are the issues on which the elections are being contested.
Since last 15 years many a parties which are influential at state level are contesting the election at national level i.e. Loksabha, and it happened more than once that they show a formidable strength in Loksabha. As no national party is getting the clear majority (mainly due to these state parties), the smaller parties put up themselves to be traded in favour or against any party.
4. Election involves a lot of money that comes from people like you and me and not from politicians.

u know a local govt easliy understand the local areas problem
for exmpal
haryana
haryana main tau devi lal ji itna kia syd hi aaj tak kis state main hua ho
aapne haryana bhut unnche pucch cuka hai ab

we should also take care of national party
coz
it is the basic of country
wo bolte hai na jis chiz ki navi majbut ho wo kabi nhi hilti
ye fir main center khe sakte hai
esliye national should be a good systemtic

anilsangwan
April 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
De dyo.... chahe kissey ne de dyo.... soch samajh ki !!

sachinb
April 28th, 2009, 03:12 PM
bhai main to nyu kahu su ke itni loo ke maah hamne vote geran ghar te baahar nahi likadna chaahiye,,,,,,,,,saari voting raat ke time honi chaahiye.....garmi ke bakhat mein:rock

De dyo.... chahe kissey ne de dyo.... soch samajh ki !!

anilsangwan
April 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
bhai main to nyu kahu su ke itni loo ke maah hamne vote geran ghar te baahar nahi likadna chaahiye,,,,,,,,,saari voting raat ke time honi chaahiye.....garmi ke bakhat mein:rock

भाई अगर रात नेः पोलिंग हो गयी तो इनेलो के ग्रीन ब्रिगेड क जवान ई वी एम् आली मशीना ने ठा ले जांगे !!!! धोल्ले दोफारे में एः गेर ल्यो ने भाई साब .... यह म्हारे आले वर्कर थोडे से अल्ल्बाधि से सं.... :rock :rock

aryasatyadev
April 29th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I think we are moving away from the real issue, the issue is not whwther we vote or not, the issue is should we vote for state parties in LS elections, as electing an MLA and an MP are two different issues.

rakeshsehrawat
April 29th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I think we are moving away from the real issue, the issue is not whwther we vote or not, the issue is should we vote for state parties in LS elections, as electing an MLA and an MP are two different issues.
You are using internet so i don't think you are an illiterate or uneducated person. This is your choice whom you want to elect and on what basis. Choose Wisely

sachinb
April 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Bhai Green Brigade aali te dekhi jaagi,,,,par in luvaa mein koni marryaa jaa,,,,,jo aapne intellectual bhai AC mein beth ke rajneeti ke upar 25 25 page bhaand de se,,,,,,bata ve din dopahari mein kyukar aajyaange,,,,,,,

Bhai i am of the oppinion that the polling should be done in the night:rock

भाई अगर रात नेः पोलिंग हो गयी तो इनेलो के ग्रीन ब्रिगेड क जवान ई वी एम् आली मशीना ने ठा ले जांगे !!!! धोल्ले दोफारे में एः गेर ल्यो ने भाई साब .... यह म्हारे आले वर्कर थोडे से अल्ल्बाधि से सं.... :rock :rock

aryasatyadev
May 1st, 2009, 03:30 AM
You are using internet so i don't think you are an illiterate or uneducated person. This is your choice whom you want to elect and on what basis. Choose Wisely

Thanks for this nice and terse comment, This is the way, the world know us like this only...... Thanks onse again

Samarkadian
May 14th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Excellent thoughts Arya Sahab!

After Parisiman national and regional parties are in an interesting fight.Thaty mandate would be a mixed one. Voting for national parties is anytime better in my opinion and I did as well.

By the way, just curious, for whom did ( National or regional) you vote this time?

poonam17
May 14th, 2009, 08:07 PM
When you are voting for state assembly then vote for state parties when for Loksabha..... vote for national parties.......... simple......
Otherwise accept Mayawati as PM:tamatar

anil_rathee
May 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM
When you are voting for state assembly then vote for state parties when for Loksabha..... vote for national parties.......... simple......
Otherwise accept Mayawati as PM:tamatar

Agree :)

National parties in state govt may sometime don't understand the local needs and it may cause problem. So in national interest National parties should be first choice in Center but for state govt it may vary from state to state. Like in Madhya pradesh / Gujarat / Uttarakhand / Rajasthan / Himachal there are no strong state level parties. So in these state we should stick to national parties in order to avoid problems in future caused because of too many state parties (like in maharshtra, Haryana). However in case of Tamilnadu / Andhra / Pujab / Haryana we should choose among state level or national parties based on their understanding of the local needs and their interest in public issues at down-the-earth level.

So the answer for this simple looking question is not so simple.

Anyway Poonam ji ..... leaders like Mayawati are not at acceptable at least fro me. :)

annch
May 15th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Anil,

A scenario for favoring a state party, with strong ideology and understanding of state issues ruling the state....clashing with a national party in the center....what happens to the allocation of resources to the state?

Strong state/regional parties with seats at the center- coalition government, with a tussle to bring together the ideologies, policies, etc etc...and what happens to resources????

Regards,
Anju

Agree :)

National parties in state govt may sometime don't understand the local needs and it may cause problem. So in national interest National parties should be first choice in Center but for state govt it may vary from state to state. Like in Madhya pradesh / Gujarat / Uttarakhand / Rajasthan / Himachal there are no strong state level parties. So in these state we should stick to national parties in order to avoid problems in future caused because of too many state parties (like in maharshtra, Haryana). However in case of Tamilnadu / Andhra / Pujab / Haryana we should choose among state level or national parties based on their understanding of the local needs and their interest in public issues at down-the-earth level.

So the answer for this simple looking question is not so simple.

Anyway Poonam ji ..... leaders like Mayawati are not at acceptable at least fro me. :)

pdpbeniwal
May 15th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Ideally thinking, parties should be given to form the alliances before the elections.
Before the elections parties would be criticizing the parties they might form alliance with after the elections in order to serve their vested interests of coming into the goverment.
Why should parties be given to compromise their ideals and idealogy in lack of the clear majority???
Can the urge to form a stable goverment justify this compromise??

brainspeak
May 15th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Regional parties are formed to represent regional aspirations at the national level. But it does not mean they are anti national or are promoting balkanisation of the country. And if spearheaded by a charismatic leader they can help not only in the development of the particular region but help in national development as well.

However, in the present political scenario the regional parties just want to cash in on the emotions of the public on some local issues. Their main aim is to get a piece of the pie. Parties like LJP is one such example. Ram Vilas Paswan has been a permanent fixture in the Union Cabinet since 1996.

National parties have a widespread reach and in today's era of coalition politics work on a common minimum program/joint manifesto. If the manifesto adequately represents the just demands of the region and is also in sync with the larger national goals, one should always vote for such parties instead of being swayed by short term goals of the oppurtunistic parties.

brainspeak
May 15th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Anil,

A scenario for favoring a state party, with strong ideology and understanding of state issues ruling the state....clashing with a national party in the center....what happens to the allocation of resources to the state?

Strong state/regional parties with seats at the center- coalition government, with a tussle to bring together the ideologies, policies, etc etc...and what happens to resources????

Regards,
Anju

Anjoo,

What kind of resources are we talking about here?? Financial??

I dont think anything should happen to the financial resources in both the scenarios that u mentioned. There are different revenue sources and methods are in place for sharing the revenue between the centre and the states.

jakharanil
May 15th, 2009, 07:32 AM
i think there i s to unique party and leader, sab k sab ek hi lagthe h......

annch
May 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Kuldeep,

Yes, there are revenue sources segregated for center as well as state.
However, please correct me if I am wrong, isn't there a central pool of funds that provides plan/ non-plan/ discretionary funds, grants in aid, loans and advance, interstate projects etcetera to the states...and also balances the fiscal pressure on states that are poor in natural resources and development?
Finance Commission advises recommendations for this allocation...but then, is the central govt. expected to follow these?

Regards,
Anju

Anjoo,

What kind of resources are we talking about here?? Financial??

I dont think anything should happen to the financial resources in both the scenarios that u mentioned. There are different revenue sources and methods are in place for sharing the revenue between the centre and the states.

brainspeak
May 15th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Kuldeep,

Yes, there are revenue sources segregated for center as well as state.
However, please correct me if I am wrong, isn't there a central pool of funds that provides plan/ non-plan/ discretionary funds, grants in aid, loans and advance, interstate projects etcetera to the states...and also balances the fiscal pressure on states that are poor in natural resources and development?
Finance Commission advises recommendations for this allocation...but then, is the central govt. expected to follow these?

Regards,
Anju

Anjoo,

Yes the central government does follow the recommendations of the finance commission.

annch
May 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Kuldeep,
Not the funds i mentioned, that can be broadly categorised into discretionary funds and adhoc assistance....the disbursement that states lobby for at the center....

Anjoo,

Yes the central government does follow the recommendations of the finance commission.

brainspeak
May 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Kuldeep,
Not the funds i mentioned, that can be broadly categorised into discretionary funds and adhoc assistance....the disbursement that states lobby for at the center....

Anjoo,

I dont think the lobbying part is under the purview of the finance commission.

Are you trying to say that the lobbying for funds by the states is undesirable??

Btw saw a discussion on NDTV. The participants also included eminent journos(editors of Indian Express and The Hindu). They were of the opinion the growth of regional parties was a healthy sign for Indian Democracy.

annch
May 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Kuldeep,
There is a thin line between lobbying and pressure politics that states indulge in for getting their needs met.
hmm...I have been reading articles on similar lines as the discussion on NDTV.

Just a thought on top of my head, it would matter who are the leaders of a regional party, what is the ideology......otherwise democracy would just be a divisive politics..

Regards,
Anju

Anjoo,

I dont think the lobbying part is under the purview of the finance commission.

Are you trying to say that the lobbying for funds by the states is undesirable??

Btw saw a discussion on NDTV. The participants also included eminent journos(editors of Indian Express and The Hindu). They were of the opinion the growth of regional parties was a healthy sign for Indian Democracy.

aryasatyadev
May 17th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Thanks to the electorate of India..... know they know whom to vote for during different elections..........
Hats off to Indian electorate

choudhary347
May 28th, 2009, 05:22 PM
The difference between state party is like frog sitting inside a tubewell while National party is like a fish swimming in sea.

The thinking is not broaden of state party while National parties thinks in broaden way.

So we should vote for National Parties.

vijay
May 28th, 2009, 05:32 PM
The difference between state party is like frog sitting inside a tubewell while National party is like a fish swimming in sea.

How can that fish understand the problems inside the tubewell or the problems inside the tubewell hardly matters to the Fish.

vijay
May 28th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Kuldeep,
There is a thin line between lobbying and pressure politics that states indulge in for getting their needs met.
hmm...I have been reading articles on similar lines as the discussion on NDTV.

Just a thought on top of my head, it would matter who are the leaders of a regional party, what is the ideology......otherwise democracy would just be a divisive politics..

Regards,
Anju

Every state leader or head lobbies for the funds which are supposed to be allotted to their respective states. We had already seen that central Govt. have their own favorite states for distribution of the funds.

deepakchoudhry
June 13th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Individual - Community - Region - Nation are not mutually exclusive.

Vote for the party who represents the aspiration of the local people.

It does not matter state or national.

What should matter are the policies and performance.

And it does not take long for state party to become a national party.

aryasatyadev
June 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Deepak Ji, you said is rightly, we should vote for the parties which represents the aspirations of the people.... then why don't we find a party at national level which represent the aspirations (as far as possible), because sometimes while state parties are better at understanding people's needs they usually fumbles at the policy of the national Govt, whether it is External affairs policy or the Internal Security policy, so In my opinion National parties are batter, if we vote for them we might be spared from mid-term elections and might have a stable Govt.

Individual - Community - Region - Nation are not mutually exclusive.

Vote for the party who represents the aspiration of the local people.

It does not matter state or national.

What should matter are the policies and performance.

And it does not take long for state party to become a national party.

Fateh
July 19th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Dear Arya ji, I would like to extend my sincere thanks for iniciating discussion on a very important topic.I fully agree with you that national parties are batter, but brother provided national parties are good & national in charactor in real sense.I feel that we are Indian before anything else & it is in the interest of all of us that we should develop national charactor of our people. Had there been good national parties, the regional parties wouldnot have come up in this big way.Had these so called national parties taken care of all Indians, irrespective of caste, religion,area, profession, position etc, this problem of regionalism would not have been there. Anyway without taking much of space, I feel there is nothing wrong with regional parties, but they mustnot propogate feeings of areaism & for Loksabha, they must effiliate & remain with some national party based on policies.

harish24
July 19th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I think both type of parties are good for development. Take the example of Haryana if the elections are for the assembly then we should vote for the regional Parties becoz regional parties understand the Local problems very well and similiarly if the Elections are for Loke Sabha then one must think in a broader way becoz national security Foreign Relations are there then it is wise to go for National Parties like Cong,BJP etc etc.:D

aryasatyadev
July 20th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Harish ji and Fateh ji....... thanks for posting your comment in this thread and as is evident from the pols by the members, Nation parties are prefered for election of loksabha...... however at state level.... i do concede that the state level parties are better......

sanjaymalik
July 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
whether is it be a national party or a state party always vote for performance at both level on State level and National level we know that a regional repesentative can very well understand the issues of the of the particular region, but at the national level he may not be understand the issues, so there should be harmonious reletion between a regional party ruling in state and national party.