PDA

View Full Version : T-20 World Cup 2009

Nishantrathi82
May 27th, 2009, 11:58 AM
World T-20 just 10 days away. Going to be start on 4th of JUNE 2009.
We are the Defending Champions:rock.And will play 1st game on 6th of June with Bangladesh.
So hope that we will won this time too, we r with weaker teams in the pool i.e. Bangladesh and Ireland.
But our opening doesn't look good after IPL Gambhir and Sehwag r not in greatest of Form hope they will get it in 2 Practise Matches.
Teams looks like-
Sehwag
Ghambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Rohit(Because of IPL)
Yusuf
Zaheer(if he will be Fit)
RP singh
Harbhajan
Ishant/Irfan

GOOD LUCK INDIA :rock

brahmtewatia
May 27th, 2009, 12:38 PM
the good thing that came out of IPL was emergence of some good part time bowlers, who can contribute a lot by going thru their full quota of 4 overs. raina nd rohit sharma + yuvraj nd sehwag. these 4 can surely complete 8 overs (or more) among themselves. apart from that both pathan bros can do well with both bat nd ball. we have batting up to the very depth.

interesting watch would be praveen kr nd irfan pathan... both good swingers nd have capabilities to exploit the british conditions.
watch out for new-zealand... a good team in this format.
all the best for indian team. we have all the potential to clinch the title 2nd time.

SANDEEP5
May 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
the good thing that came out of IPL was emergence of some good part time bowlers, who can contribute a lot by going thru their full quota of 4 overs. raina nd rohit sharma + yuvraj nd sehwag. these 4 can surely complete 8 overs (or more) among themselves. apart from that both pathan bros can do well with both bat nd ball. we have batting up to the very depth.

interesting watch would be praveen kr nd irfan pathan... both good swingers nd have capabilities to exploit the british conditions.
all the best for indian team. we have all the potential to clinch the title 2nd time.

R P SINGH ko bhool gaye braham ji...........

Deccan chargers ki jeet me bahoot bada yogdaan hai R P Singh ka...

brahmtewatia
May 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
sandeep, how can i forget RP, zaheer nd ishant... a very good trio of fast bowlers in our arsennal. i specifically mentioned praveen nd irfaan cos they have proven their expertise/mettle in swing bowling nd england conditions wud help them a lot... remember roger binny nd b.s.sandhu's exploits when india won the 50 over world cup, defeating mighty windies ?

SANDEEP5
May 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
sandeep, how can i forget RP, zaheer nd ishant... a very good trio of fast bowlers in our arsennal. i specifically mentioned praveen nd irfaan cos they have proven their expertise/mettle in swing bowling nd england conditions wud help them a lot... remember roger binny nd b.s.sandhu's exploits when india won the 50 over world cup, defeating mighty windies ?

Yeah, it's sure that combo of Roger binny and B.s. Sandhu was superb on that time, and help a lot to fetch world cup 1983........

Nishantrathi82
May 28th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it's sure that combo of Roger binny and B.s. Sandhu was superb on that time, and help a lot to fetch world cup 1983........

Don't Forget our Allrounder Mr. Amarnath MOM of Semi and Final :rock

Now Rohit can do the job.

aryasatyadev
May 30th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Nishant, rightly said, no true lover of cricket can forget the team of 1983..... but please correct me if I am wrong I think this thread deals with T-20 world cup :confused::confused:

Nishantrathi82
June 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Nishant, rightly said, no true lover of cricket can forget the team of 1983..... but please correct me if I am wrong I think this thread deals with T-20 world cup :confused::confused:

Thanks Sir g for reminding :)
Today its first Practise match for Indians with New Zealand 10 PM Star Cricket.
Them day after tomorrow it will be with Pakistan 2nd Practise match.

aryasatyadev
June 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Nishant can you update on which channels this T-20 is being brodcasted (Sply. in carrebeans).... so that we can also view it.

akshaymalik84
June 1st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Nishant can you update on which channels this T-20 is being brodcasted (Sply. in carrebeans).... so that we can also view it.

i think star cricket bhai sahab..............

aryasatyadev
June 1st, 2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks, I will tune my STB to that

i think star cricket bhai sahab..............

Nishantrathi82
June 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM

Bhai g its Star Cricket and ESPN.

Yesterday India Lost to New Zealand one more time in T-20 India have never registered a single win against them.
Opener Gambhir still not manage to get his form back. But Rohit, Raina, Ravinder shines so as Ishant Irfan wasn't good so as yusuf.
Bit confused about the correct Team Combo Ojha was better then Bhaaji.

Tomorrow its going to be between Pakistan And India. 10 PM IST on Star Cricket.

brahmtewatia
June 2nd, 2009, 12:05 PM

Yesterday India Lost to New Zealand one more time in T-20 India have never registered a single win against them.

no wonder, as i said tht earlier. its good tht india started on a loosing note. this might help them not being complacent in future game(s).

Nishantrathi82
June 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Australia out:rock, so as Bangladesh.
Now in second round India might have take on SA, England and Srilanka/Westindies :)

SANDEEP5
June 10th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Australia out:rock, so as Bangladesh.
Now in second round India might have take on SA, England and Srilanka/Westindies :)

Sehwag is also out from T-20 World Cup 2009.

Nishantrathi82
June 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Its over for India in World cup and for me too. No more threads on Cricket from my side now onwards :(

jitendershooda
June 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Its over for India in World cup and for me too. No more threads on Cricket from my side now onwards :(

Ha ha ha ha ... Nishant aapki nirasha jayaj banti hai ... match fixing wale episode ke baad se hi mera interest khatam ho gaya tha :)

rakeshsehrawat
June 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Ghane din ho gaye team India ne khelte khelte ib thode din ghar aram karan dyo.

Dhoni to bechara bahut preshan tha use adv. karne ka mauka nahi mil raha tha:rock:rock:rock:rock:rockhe got chance now

SANDEEP5
June 15th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Ha ha ha ha ... Nishant aapki nirasha jayaj banti hai ... match fixing wale episode ke baad se hi mera interest khatam ho gaya tha :)

Jitender Bhai match fixing to is baar bhi hooye hai. Dhoni ka ghar bhar gaya hai fixing ke paiso se.......

mittu
June 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Jitender Bhai match fixing to is baar bhi hooye hai. Dhoni ka ghar bhar gaya hai fixing ke paiso se.......
Do not jump to conclusions like that(Even am not fan of dhoni), only one team wins the world cup, that does not mean that other 11 took money to not to win.
Its simple, we are not good enough to win...may be some lucky day we could have, but not yesterday.
Dhoni was never capable enough, neither was jadeja for the job he was asked for...so, gulp/swallow/swig/digest it...

PS: While watching match, i was feeling so bad for pathan, it was like he was supposed to win the match by his own, dhoni was simply taking singles and giving him strike and telling him, see dude i have done my job, now you hit sixes...darn, now i cannot read newspaper tomorrow :(

jagmohan
June 15th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Ye to honna hee thaa.. Sehwag ke bagair ke jeeta se in n? Jab chorra e bimar ho gya te ke 20 - 20.

Vo ek bechaara Asian Boxing mein Gold Medal le k aaya se, usne bhi mubarakvad de dyo. Is te pehlyan apna boxer Sangwan Bhai layaa tha 15-20 saal ho liye thay..

Now I hope that mhare guhandi jeet jyan; Sri lanka ya Pakistan.

Regards,

JS Malik

sjakhars
June 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I think there was no preparation and/or planning for T20 WC from captain's side this time. He was unsure what to do, even he was unsure of playing eleven since the tournament started. He must have played with RP Singh in all matches as he was the top wicket taker in IPL. Jadeja was a wrong choice again in a "do or die" match. Ojha would have been incuded. Pathan was given several chances before and RP was included in this match only. He shoudl have choosen his playing eleven clear from day one.

On the other note, I agree with Jitendra Hooda that I have lost interest in Cricket after that fixing episode. I used to feel very bad whenever India lost but not any more.