PDA

View Full Version : A coin .....if i can sell it or not....

navdeepbudhwar
June 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
heyy!!!
dear JL members
i have to ask a question that- i have a coin with me which i have got from my grandfather.
i don't know how much old is that coin but my grandfather says that it is of lord rama's time.
and i don't even know it's composition,, means from which metal it is made.it can be gold or mixture of two or more metals
on the one side of the coin there is a statue of lord rama, sita standing and lakshman and hanuman sitting...
they are hard to recognise bt when u see the coin from near then only you will come to know...
and on the other side it is written
"sita lakshman janki...jai jai jai raam ki"
(in ancient hindi) on the boundries and a number(5562) at one corner in hindi letters.
and yesterday i saw a news in newspaper that a stampaper was sold at a high price of crores which was of year 1857....
soo now can anybody tell me that if i have to sell it ????then whome shud i contact???archological department
and if there is any governmental restriction on selling such items....

AND MODERATORS IM NOT SELLING/BUYING ANY THING HERE,,SO YOU MUST COOPERATE ..I AM JST ASKING THEM IF I CAN SELL IT OR IT IS AGAINST THE LAW

aryasatyadev
June 20th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Navdeep bhai, it would have been better if you provide the photo of both sides of the coin.........

gaganjat
June 21st, 2009, 01:05 AM
Navdeep haridwar me kafi sare is tarah ke sikke milte hai.
pata nahi ,,ho sakta hai tera sikka sahi me bahut purana ho (kam se kam tere dada ke time ka to hai hi)

gaganjat
June 21st, 2009, 01:07 AM
ar han bechke kya karega ,, tijori me rakh de baki sikko ke sath

rkumar
June 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM
pata nahi ,,ho sakta hai tera sikka sahi me bahut purana ho (kam se kam tere dada ke time ka to hai hi)

Exactly. These religious coins were issued by East India company in the beginning to attract Hindu masses. I have many such coins. These are not rare coins.

RK^2

navdeepbudhwar
June 22nd, 2009, 12:35 AM
Navdeep bhai, it would have been better if you provide the photo of both sides of the coin.........

yes sir i hv the photos........bt can you tell me ...where should i post them????

navdeepbudhwar
June 22nd, 2009, 12:38 AM

ye to pta nahi bhai........
bt it's sure ke vo dada ji ke time se to purana hi hai....
kaiyoo ko dikhaya.....
koi kehta hai ram ji ke time ka hai...to koi kehta hai BC ka hai

navdeepbudhwar
June 23rd, 2009, 12:24 AM

SIR I AM POSTING THE PICS HERE.......
http://www.jatland.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=996&pictureid=6363

http://www.jatland.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=996&pictureid=6362

aryasatyadev
June 23rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
Hey Navdeep post the photos here and you can do this by attaching the files by clicking on a button below reply to button box.....

yes sir i hv the photos........bt can you tell me ...where should i post them????

gaganjat
June 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Navdeep mere pass ik aisa dibba hai jisme sikke rakhne ke baad ik ke do ho jate hai.....ye sikkka tu muje dede ,2 karke wapis kardunga

navdeepbudhwar
June 23rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Navdeep mere pass ik aisa dibba hai jisme sikke rakhne ke baad ik ke do ho jate hai.....ye sikkka tu muje dede ,2 karke wapis kardunga

bhai fir to 2 ke 4, 4 ke 8 aur 8 ke 16 bhi ho jaenge..........
aise to hm doono bhai amir ho jaenge..........hai na...:D:D

navdeepbudhwar
June 23rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hey Navdeep post the photos here and you can do this by attaching the files by clicking on a button below reply to button box.....

sir ji i have already posted the pictures....

aryasatyadev
June 24th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Hey Navdeep, I am unable to see them overe here, if you can provide a link......

navdeepbudhwar
June 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Navdeep, I am unable to see them overe here, if you can provide a link......

:confused::confused:
sir ji ,,you can also see the pics in ma album titled 'NAVDEEP'

first two pics are same.

navdeepbudhwar
June 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
satya dev ji dekh li kya pictures?????

gaganjat
June 27th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Navdeep rakhe rah nai coin nai isa kunsa kayi kilo ka sai..

bech kai tu manne bera sai jalebi kha jaga in piisa ki