PDA

View Full Version : Haryana Goof up on Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act

aryasatyadev
June 23rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
Just came across a report of Sukhbir Siwach on above topic in todays TOI (New Delhi edition), which states that Haryana Govt. failed to notify the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act in the official gazette and as a result different courts in the state have been forced to acquit five people booked under the Act, while 60 other medical practitioners caught in the past 12 years await their turn to walk free.

The Act is the chief statute to prevent illegal sex determination tests and female foeticide, rampant in Haryana and Punjab.

The Act was notified, a mandatory exercise before implementation of law, only on March 4, which made arrests made so far basically illegal, as government teams were not authorized to arrest doctors without gazette notification of the Act. Haryana government published the notification this year and Courts says the Act would be effective only from the date on which it is published. Anil Sabhani of Faridabad district was the first person in India to be convicted in 2005.

Now if this is the state of affairs of Haryana, can we think of a more balanced sex ratio which is already at the bottom among all states???

deepika
June 23rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
I am against Foeticide but i dont think thhere's anything wrong in knowing for parents about their kid's sex who are not born yet...it helps them in many ways.They can start buying clothes for boy if its a boy or girl in other case :)

Just came across a report of Sukhbir Siwach on above topic in todays TOI (New Delhi edition), which states that Haryana Govt. failed to notify the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act in the official gazette and as a result different courts in the state have been forced to acquit five people booked under the Act, while 60 other medical practitioners caught in the past 12 years await their turn to walk free.

The Act is the chief statute to prevent illegal sex determination tests and female foeticide, rampant in Haryana and Punjab.

The Act was notified, a mandatory exercise before implementation of law, only on March 4, which made arrests made so far basically illegal, as government teams were not authorized to arrest doctors without gazette notification of the Act. Haryana government published the notification this year and Courts says the Act would be effective only from the date on which it is published. Anil Sabhani of Faridabad district was the first person in India to be convicted in 2005.

Now if this is the state of affairs of Haryana, can we think of a more balanced sex ratio which is already at the bottom among all states???

aryasatyadev
June 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
I agree with you Deepika, but can you imagine the case in Haruyana where still we cherish the birth of a male child and hate when it is a girl..... keeping in mind this aspect the act was formulated in 1994 but has not been implememented till now in Haryana, the state which claim itself to be champion of right of a girl child and where it is the need of the hour to have more girl child keeping in view the sex ratio....... otherwise... once again we have to search for the missing link in Jat history.....

anilsangwan
June 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Exactly. Even I heard that in many countries it is allowed for the reasons you mentioned. Also, one can be better prepared before the birth.

Lekin India mein jyaadatar log bera e nyu paadein sein ek abortion karwaa lein agar ladki ho to :( ........

Aap ne woh Joru ka Gulaam aale thread mein nahi dekhya kay....... Aurat Vs Mard.... :)

I am against Foeticide but i dont think thhere's anything wrong in knowing for parents about their kid's sex who are not born yet...it helps them in many ways.They can start buying clothes for boy if its a boy or girl in other case :)

aryasatyadev
June 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
You are right Anil ji, thats why I replied to the comments of Deepika above.... it is the need of the hour to stop foeticide.... and govt. has realised it in 1994.... but Haryana Govt..... god knows when it will realise

deepika
June 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
Well in that case you show go to the site mentioned below.you should pull the cursor to contact us column and it will show four options out of which one allows you to post your complaint and other one allows you to ask Bhupinder Shnsih Hooda any question or any query...This site also has an option which allows to you give your suggestions which can improve and can help in the development of haryana.This site also has lot of things which a citizen of haryana would like to know..This is the site....

http://www.bhupinderhooda.in/

I agree with you Deepika, but can you imagine the case in Haruyana where still we cherish the birth of a male child and hate when it is a girl..... keeping in mind this aspect the act was formulated in 1994 but has not been implememented till now in Haryana, the state which claim itself to be champion of right of a girl child and where it is the need of the hour to have more girl child keeping in view the sex ratio....... otherwise... once again we have to search for the missing link in Jat history.....

navdeepbudhwar
June 23rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
Well in that case you show go to the site mentioned below.you should pull the cursor to contact us column and it will show four options out of which one allows you to post your complaint and other one allows you to ask Bhupinder Shnsih Hooda any question or any query...This site also has an option which allows to you give your suggestions which can improve and can help in the development of haryana.This site also has lot of things which a citizen of haryana would like to know..This is the site....

http://www.bhupinderhooda.in/

deepika ji....thanxx for ur valueable information..........
lemme chek out this site...

deepika
June 23rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
You are welcome Navdeep...so if you or any other jatlander have any complaint or anything else which can be shared with the present CM...you can try...you never know may be actually checks it

deepika ji....thanxx for ur valueable information..........
lemme chek out this site...

aryasatyadev
June 24th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks Deepika for the info

skarmveer
June 24th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Sabsay pahley dahej ko khatam kerna hoga to yea problem lagbhag khatm ho jaigee or fir sabhee ko saman adhikaar or suraksha milay to fir kesee ko iskee jarurat nahi rahegee. Per hamari serkar ko kanoon bananey or usey lagoo karney mein hee itna timee laga detai hai kee kaanoon laggo honey say pehlay hee log bachney ka rasta nikaal latey hai.

skarmveer
June 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Mujhey nahi lagta kee iskee koi jarurat hai kee hum pata karey kee hone wala bachcha ladkee hai ya ladka jo bhee ho savasthy hona chahiyea.

anilsangwan
June 24th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Latest update on the issue in today's TOI:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Chandigarh/Chandigarh/PNDT-blunder-Haryana-ready-for-legal-battle/articleshow/4694551.cms

ISTeotia9
June 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Sir, you have rightly said that baby should be healthy irrespective of gender.

I would like to share dis information dat this technique of checking out the details of fetus was invented to assist in finding out whether the unborn child is mentally & physically fit or not & if not & if not then suffering from what sort of abnormalities & upto what extent as western countries are against giving birth to mentally or (abnormal) physically chanllenged kids & if reports suggest that the disability is beyond rectification then as per doctors advice abortions are done but in India the sole pupose of this medical examination is to find out whether its boy or a girl.

I thnk u have rightly pointed out that the basic & the key reason for all this is our very famous dowry system!!!

navdeepbudhwar
June 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
generaly it is done for the early detection of abnormalities and deformities in the child ,,it is also useful in following ways---
1-we can acess acess accurate delivery date.
2-growth and dimension of child.
3-heart rate of baby
4-even blood vessels can be seen
5-detection of any abnormality or disorder.
6-sex determination.

but pre-natal diagnosis test also have a bad effect on baby's health because baby is exposed to ultrasonic waves.these waves have a property to penetrate the skin...
This test is usualy done thrice in a pregnancy so its benefits over power its risks...

deepika
June 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Maine sirf ek example diya tha.Karvata chahe koi kissi gumm mai ho

Mujhey nahi lagta kee iskee koi jarurat hai kee hum pata karey kee hone wala bachcha ladkee hai ya ladka jo bhee ho savasthy hona chahiyea.

aryasatyadev
June 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Rightly said Navdeep, but my dear in my stste this test mostly is eing done for the purpose of Sex determination and that too in the families with rural background. Karmveer has said that we should eliminate dowry system, but in the first place why we should not improve our educational system.....

generaly it is done for the early detection of abnormalities and deformities in the child ,,it is also useful in following ways---
1-we can acess acess accurate delivery date.
2-growth and dimension of child.
3-heart rate of baby
4-even blood vessels can be seen
5-detection of any abnormality or disorder.
6-sex determination.

but pre-natal diagnosis test also have a bad effect on baby's health because baby is exposed to ultrasonic waves.these waves have a property to penetrate the skin...
This test is usualy done thrice in a pregnancy so its benefits over power its risks...

annch
June 24th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Arya ji,

Thank you for raising this gender concern.

Staying on the topic:
Yes, with Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act,
there SHOULD be an improvement in the gender ratio. However, people would still find a way to get what they seek if not legally then illegally. They will find some unscruplous, quick buck doctor, somewhere and somehow. Or some quack will come up with an ingenious technique!!!
I agree with Karmveer ji. On similar lines, its the attitude of the people with regards to the female child/ adult that needs to change to promote a respectable ratio. People would say education and financial independence should help in this, however, how effective can be these efforts if the society at large does not have the attitude that promotes unbiased growth for both the genders?

Off-topic:
Some info from the net:
# The numbers being quoted to show improvement in the gender ratio in Haryana:
Based on registered births: 823 females per 1,000 males (2005 census) versus 819 females per 1,000 males (2001 census).

# Districts that showed improvement in 2005 versus 2001:
Fatehabad district - 873 females now per 1000 males (828 in census 2001), Faridabad 869 (850), Panipat 862 (809), Panchkula 856 (829), Sirsa 856 (817), Jind 856 (818), Hisar 834 (832), Kaithal 830 (791), Yamunanagar 830 (806), Rohtak 820 (799), Karnal 811 (809), Sonipat 790 (788), Ambala 790 (782) and Kurukshetra 781 (771).

# Average child sex ratio in SC/ST communities has always been higher than in the general population and better than the national average.(a side-effect of RESERVATION?)

# Many women believe that their value would increase with fall in their numbers, as men won't find matches for marriage.(So, men are seeking brides from other states. A good step in national integration as well?)

Regards,
Anju

Samarkadian
June 25th, 2009, 12:43 PM

Lately there was a law passed by Hooda government that those who won't take care of their elder parents shall be punished and jailed.Link could be found anywhere on internet.

Now in first look it appears as a good step. But on other lines, state has taken power in to family matters which is surely going to widen the gap of already bruised ego's in family.

How this is related to PNDT and similer laws:

Why govt. should have to come up or precisely held responsible for fetous abortion or punishing children who care or dont care about their parents?
I was surprised to see the report that only medical practisnor are being held guily? Where are those mothers who stepped in to clinics and laid on bed to get the another human being out of womb? They shall be prosecuted with same or more intensity legaly as well as socialy. It is very easy to sit and find flaws in Govt's on goings? It is funny and pathetic to think that Govt would be deciding about people's intercourse and consequences in the form of a girl child.

Instead of a symptomatic treatment of female foeticide though a long legal procedure, people are not calling government on a strict ban over medication, equipments especially used in abortion.

Thank you for raising this gender concern.

Staying on the topic:
Yes, with Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act,
there SHOULD be an improvement in the gender ratio. However, people would still find a way to get what they seek if not legally then illegally. They will find some unscruplous, quick buck doctor, somewhere and somehow. Or some quack will come up with an ingenious technique!!!
I agree with Karmveer ji. On similar lines, its the attitude of the people with regards to the female child/ adult that needs to change to promote a respectable ratio. People would say education and financial independence should help in this, however, how effective can be these efforts if the society at large does not have the attitude that promotes unbiased growth for both the genders?

# Average child sex ratio in SC/ST communities has always been higher than in the general population and better than the national average.(a side-effect of RESERVATION?)

So SC/ST's mindless coupulation took you the point of availing reservation as a tool of social upliftment? They have been doing it before Ambedkar got his enlightment.

# Many women believe that their value would increase with fall in their numbers, as men won't find matches for marriage.(So, men are seeking brides from other states. A good step in national integration as well?)

Any data/report where a single woman quoted this in her 101 means of increasing value? Lets assume you are right for a while, don't you think that value of desperation would hit the rooftop resulting in molestation, rape etc rather than 'her' value in institution of marriage.

Jat society as in terms of social ethics is on downward spiral. Jat Mahasabhas, Sarv Khap are only socio-religious outfit we have at the moment. Every one in a rural area is aware about them unlike other laws. Their decisions( good or bad in taste) are being taken as orders. In my opinion, they have a serious role to play here in this case. Govt can not reach to every home and bait people moraly. If attitude of couples could be improved then only these organisations could become a catalyst It is the responsiblity of these OLDEST REPUBLICS in the human history to take care of a problem which is not generated by Govt rather by people itself. So their leadership and vision( or lack of it ) about Jat population's imbalance shall be discussed in deep to avoid survival issues in future. I would not be wishy-washy here about them. Its a work and challange to these organisations. If they can be highly strict on similar gotra/same village marriage WHY not in case of different gotra/different village marriage and kids being produced out of that.? Why they have been treating this issue as achhut?

It is a collective responsblity with more weigthage towards an educated Jat and Jatni, Oldest republics, Panchayts and in last Govt.

aryasatyadev
June 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks Anju and Samar for thought provoking inputs, apart from the points raised by you I think there is one more factor which leads to female foeticide and that is difficult upbringing or a girl child in the society as it is today. Nowadays even the girls of 10 years is not safe and many a times encounters lewd gestures and remarks of males.... It is not possible for girls to step out of their homes after sunset.... who knows where the wolf are waiting. Parents, specially un or less educated saw only one remedy to above problem and that is not to have a girl in their homes.
However, the act was enacted in good spirit to counter the female foeticide. It proposes ban on practice by Doctors in future and a jail term also. And when there are no doctors to conduct checks for determining the sex, the abortion rate will come down naturally.
Samir is right in saying that Panchayats have a greater role to play in this regard otherwise there will be such an imbalance in sex ratio that it will be difficult to found a bride for the sons that we are producing after killing the daughters.... then how these panchayats will control the situation which may arise out of it, is god known.
So sooner the better.
But, we as citizen of our out great country should also wow individually to eradicate this demon.

annch
June 26th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Samar,
Appreciate your response to my post, thanks.

Regarding your revert on my off topic info, that info was in lighter vein.
Here's even more light-"er" note-

There are two prominent thoughts here on JL-
The reason for downfall of Modern Indian Society- CONGRESS
The reason for whatever upliftment of Modern Indian Society- RESERVATION

How callous CONGRESS can be towards the declining F:M ratio is obvious from the fact that it could not ensure that states notify the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act in their official gazette.
Hopefully,the Women's RESERVATION Bill should empower women to support their "numbers" and improve the gender ratio.

P.S: Arya ji, my apologies for going a little off-tangent.

Regards,
Anju

annch
June 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Arya ji,
You are absolutely right here.
The other day I had shared the same thoughts with a dear one. It is very difficult not to worry when a girl of any age steps out of the home. No mother would like to see her daughter go through that anguish and helplessness that many in her gender go through. But then, there are always the "brave ones"...
Regards,
Anju

Thanks Anju and Samar for thought provoking inputs, apart from the points raised by you I think there is one more factor which leads to female foeticide and that is difficult upbringing or a girl child in the society as it is today. Nowadays even the girls of 10 years is not safe and many a times encounters lewd gestures and remarks of males.... It is not possible for girls to step out of their homes after sunset.... who knows where the wolf are waiting. Parents, specially un or less educated saw only one remedy to above problem and that is not to have a girl in their homes.

rakeshsehrawat
June 26th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Lately there was a law passed by Hooda government that those who won't take care of their elder parents shall be punished and jailed.Link could be found anywhere on internet.

Now in first look it appears as a good step. But on other lines, state has taken power in to family matters which is surely going to widen the gap of already bruised ego's in family.

How this is related to PNDT and similer laws:

Why govt. should have to come up or precisely held responsible for fetous abortion or punishing children who care or dont care about their parents?
I was surprised to see the report that only medical practisnor are being held guily? Where are those mothers who stepped in to clinics and laid on bed to get the another human being out of womb? They shall be prosecuted with same or more intensity legaly as well as socialy. It is very easy to sit and find flaws in Govt's on goings? It is funny and pathetic to think that Govt would be deciding about people's intercourse and consequences in the form of a girl child.

Instead of a symptomatic treatment of female foeticide though a long legal procedure, people are not calling government on a strict ban over medication, equipments especially used in abortion.

Jat society as in terms of social ethics is on downward spiral. Jat Mahasabhas, Sarv Khap are only socio-religious outfit we have at the moment. Every one in a rural area is aware about them unlike other laws. Their decisions( good or bad in taste) are being taken as orders. In my opinion, they have a serious role to play here in this case. Govt can not reach to every home and bait people moraly. If attitude of couples could be improved then only these organisations could become a catalyst It is the responsiblity of these OLDEST REPUBLICS in the human history to take care of a problem which is not generated by Govt rather by people itself. So their leadership and vision( or lack of it ) about Jat population's imbalance shall be discussed in deep to avoid survival issues in future. I would not be wishy-washy here about them. Its a work and challange to these organisations. If they can be highly strict on similar gotra/same village marriage WHY not in case of different gotra/different village marriage and kids being produced out of that.? Why they have been treating this issue as achhut?

It is a collective responsblity with more weigthage towards an educated Jat and Jatni, Oldest republics, Panchayts and in last Govt.

Who Says Govt. Cannot reach every Home?
If following steps are taken by govt. i don't think it is such a big task.
1. On every girl birth Rs. 25000 will be deposited in a national bank which can be withdrawan by girl only after she is 18.
2. Education of female (School college (including professional education) ) will be free of cost. This rule is to be implimented in private educational organisations.
3. For female marriege govt. will provide one lakh rupees.
4. Female foeticide will be banned if someone caught in that act should be punished lifeterm without bail.
5. Dowery act should be implimented strictly.

Sarvkhaps have lost their powers people are no longer taking care of panchayats. Their power was reduced by Govt. itself. Court is interfering their decisions and educated people like you and me think they are useless even sons of the panchayat heads are not listning to their decisions. 20 saal pehle panchayat ke faisle ke baad court thana nahi hota tha lekin aaj log sabse pehle court mein jate hain. bhai bhai ke jhagde ke fainsle bhi court karne lage hain. Log panchayat ke fainsle par ungali utha ke kehne lage hain ki rishwat lene lage hain. Mahapanchayat mil ke jat reservation ke liye kaam kar rahi hai sayad ye kamyab ho jaye to panchayat ko fir se takat mile agar aisa hua to Samar ji ki baat ko panchayat tak pahunchane ki guarrantee meri. Lekin unki us koshis ke liye hi log use galat batate hain. Halat aapke aage hain sarvakhap panchayat ne agar fainsla le liya ki agar female foeticide ka pata laga to muh kala kar ke gaon mein ghuma diya jayega ya hukka paani band ho jayega to aap hi kahenge yaar inki koye sunwayee na hai pade rehan dyo in ne. ek taraf to aap mahasabha ko galat galat keh kar uski takkat ko kam kar rahe hain aur doosri aur aap chahte hain ki wo aapke hisab se kaam kare. Request to members Either Be part of it or stop blaming it for this thing.By Be the part doesn't mean that you go with panchayats i request you to follow its decisions by making your mind that they are working for betterment. But alas............

aryasatyadev
June 27th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Spot on Rakesh, today Panchayats are not that much effective as they are supposed to be, but as you yourself has pointed it out, it is all due to us, we are not listning to their views on many matters. But still they are powerful and can do many a good works if they want to.
On your points regarding providing free education to female students etc. I think these are implemented in all the govt. run schools and colleges. but still and govt. is providing financial help to the parents of girls in some cases, but these will not eradicate the cause for female foeticide, unless the environment is more condusive for their upbringing.
However, as per the policy of SAAM DAAM DAND and BHED, it is dand which is more effective for conveying the message, and that is what Govt. should do, and what it is doing is not notifying the act which is supposed to punish the doctors and practitioners for Pre Natal Sex Determination........

rakeshsehrawat
June 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Spot on Rakesh, today Panchayats are not that much effective as they are supposed to be, but as you yourself has pointed it out, it is all due to us, we are not listning to their views on many matters. But still they are powerful and can do many a good works if they want to.
On your points regarding providing free education to female students etc. I think these are implemented in all the govt. run schools and colleges. but still and govt. is providing financial help to the parents of girls in some cases, but these will not eradicate the cause for female foeticide, unless the environment is more condusive for their upbringing.
However, as per the policy of SAAM DAAM DAND and BHED, it is dand which is more effective for conveying the message, and that is what Govt. should do, and what it is doing is not notifying the act which is supposed to punish the doctors and practitioners for Pre Natal Sex Determination........

Private Collages ki fees pugani bhari ho rahi hai sir ji
Chora padhana okha hai aadmi chori ne padhate tem soche hai paraye ghar jagi ke hamne kamayee degi. Je un collages mein Choriya khater padhai bilkul free ho to aadmi ne koye tension nahi rehgi more educated a female will be less female foeticide we can expect.

aryasatyadev
June 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Yes Rakesh Ji, problem is there, but can't we overcome it by sheer willpower. If we think that girl is goint to another home tha's why her teaching is a second priority after our sons then we are heading towards doomsday. Moreover, the boys are proving to be less intelligent year after year and they are also proving to be non supporting towards their parents, so I think it is high time that we should think again about our views on prefering a sons education above our daughters'.
And secondly my dear brother, it is not the education of the female which will reduce the female foeticide, but the education of male, because we are still living in the male dominated society, where females of a family has lesser say in all matters including producing an offspring.