PDA

View Full Version : First Impression!!!!

annch
July 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Dear Members,
What do you think might be Jatlands' first impression on a visitor to the forum?
Please give your opinion via the poll, thanks.

kapdal
July 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I think the average reply would differ massively between a non-Jat and a Jat visitor. Probably the poll should clarify that.

trueblueindian
July 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
i was thrilled to find this place and like kapil mentioned it surely depends upon weather you are a jat or not, surely we cant take the view of non jats here :)

annch
July 9th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Kapil,
You are right, I had thought about that as well.
There are a number of threads about Jatland where Jats/memebers have talked about the the forum, purpose of forum, why we visit JL , how to improve it, etcetera
For a change, it would be nice to consider what a visitor/ non-member might think of our forum.
I am hoping, against hope, that we would rise above the community bias and give a neutral opinion about our forum. So, the poll did not specify if the visitor is a jat or non-jat.
(Besides my jat associates, many of my non jat friends and colleagues visited the site.)
What do you say?
Regards.

annch
July 9th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hmm...it seems the thread will become more of a debate on whether visitor is a jat or non-jat....:)
so, lets simplify the poll and say that visitor is a jat..

i was thrilled to find this place and like kapil mentioned it surely depends upon weather you are a jat or not, surely we cant take the view of non jats here :)

gaganjat
July 9th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I was extremely happy when I found this site. I was sitting in the University lab and googled something about Jats and found the link to this site (that was in 2004 i suppose) and became the member of this forum straight away.

If I was in India I wouldnt have tried searching something about Jats on internet :D you get more interested in culture and history when u actually get out of the country:D

shailendra
July 9th, 2009, 09:02 PM
As much as I remember, folks/people (yes, if they are simply Jats that is) who have first visited/joined/or even been invited here by someone; I think have mostly shown huge excitement to find a portal for Jats like this, right off the bat...

But then HAVING said that I have also noticed that for some, after the initial enthusiasm; the experiences had unfortunately turned sour too when they were ganged-up upon, ragged and generally criticized on issues, posts and threads they started or contributed to in some way or form... which is understandable; each person brings in a new excitement and purpose, which may or may not be welcomed right away (simply because it may already have been discussed to death or one finds too frivolous to comment upon in simply a neutral, positive way... :rolleyes:)

[So on a totally side note, in fact if there were an additional poll item in there; which said - how many first visitors, new members had a positive experience after first posting here.... I think the numbers could well be quite interesting! :D]

kapdal
July 9th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Kapil,
You are right, I had thought about that as well.
There are a number of threads about Jatland where Jats/memebers have talked about the the forum, purpose of forum, why we visit JL , how to improve it, etcetera
For a change, it would be nice to consider what a visitor/ non-member might think of our forum.
I am hoping, against hope, that we would rise above the community bias and give a neutral opinion about our forum. So, the poll did not specify if the visitor is a jat or non-jat.
(Besides my jat associates, many of my non jat friends and colleagues visited the site.)
What do you say?
Regards.

The community bias is implicit in the fact that I visit Jatland and not Aggarwal-land or Sunni-zone, etc. I would normally not expect any non-Jats to visit more than once or twice after their curiosity has been quenched. And usually, their impression would be quite bad- firstly, they would approach an identity based site that they don't identity with, with some reservations. Secondly, they won't be very flattered after reading some "strong" opinions about Jats (positive) and not-Jats (negative) here. There are some obvious non-Jats here who (surprisingly) have enough time and motivation to become members and to create ruckus. But such people are exceptional.

Anyways, you have already clarified that it is Jat visitors that you are talking about, and that is much more arguable than non-Jats.

sidchhikara
July 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I met a lot of friendly and funny people on this forum. Overall I have had a good experience - Very enjoyable experience.

There are also some idiots here. Examples include people who want to beat their wives, kill couples who married in the same village, obsessive political supporters, fake protectors of religion (gai hamari mata hai types), jaadu tona - mystery - illusion fans, generally judgemental uncle-type attitude wallas.

There is also another important category of romeos and prem pujaris who encouraged by shows such as MTV Roadies and Splitsvilla, repeatedly keep sending their baudy proposals of love and fransip to stuck up girls. These girls then turn around and complain publicly to the moderator .. as if the modertor is their papa.

Samarkadian
July 9th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I met a lot of friendly and funny people on this forum. Overall I have had a good experience - Very enjoyable experience.

...and I thought we shall be discussing IMPRESSION of forum.

First Impression:- Waw!! We jats do have a Website, We do have a history!! God!! This is eight wonder of world.

Content - vieweships says all.

Rest later.

aryasatyadev
July 10th, 2009, 03:46 AM
When I first discovered this site, that was by accident but I enjoyed being on this site and watched in silence what others are doing and the behavioural patten of the members..... but alas except a few members others are just behaving like they are discussing something in their KHET or in Chaupal..... mostly devoid of any sense.... and the person who tried to enthuse sense is being booed away....... so it is OK but needs improvement

sudeepdular
July 10th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I came to know about this site by my uncle who used to work in gulf. and one fine day his Muslim Pakistani jat friend said to him there is one site of jats called “Jatland” you must be knowing it….that’s when he became the member so am I. my first impression of this site was... It’s an organized blog who allows jats dispersed across the world have a common platform to know each other, sharing one’s thoughts with jat fellow members on current topics, to know the history of jats and offcourse the desi version of yahoo msg. in form of Chaupal exclusively for jats.

VJ
July 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Brothers , my few sisters and friends:D......though JATLAND is a number 1 website....par jab maine pehli baar iska home page dekha tha (at that time mai member nahi tha) to meri kuch samaj nahi aaya:confused:....everything was confusing....actually i was expecting something like orkut ya facebook...par homepage dekh ke sab kuch boring laga......but when i got membership...after that....i discovered other website stands nowhere in front of jatland.....:cool:

And now i am so much in love with jatland:rock....mai pura din chaupad me pada rehta hooo.....:D

VikramMandwal
July 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM
No Doubt , Its a great forum for us But the response from JAT & Non JAT fellow may vary !!

Regards,

navdeepbudhwar
July 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
it's a realy nice site and forums are gud....but we are lacking active members.....

kapdal
July 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
it's a realy nice site and forums are gud....but we are lacking active members.....

Yeah, I think we need more of boyz and girls stuff, if you know what i mean :D

navdeepbudhwar
July 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I think we need more of boyz and girls stuff, if you know what i mean :D

haan bhai kahin prr nigahen kahin par nishana.............saaf saaf bataoo naa.......

and moreover we need more of the funn and timepass stuff...

kapdal
July 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM
haan bhai kahin prr nigahen kahin par nishana.............saaf saaf bataoo naa.......

and moreover we need more of the funn and timepass stuff...

Yaar samajhdaar ko ishara kaafi hota hai. Nigahein aur ishara aap pe hi tha. Par saaf saaf chahiye to yeh lo

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27839

No hard feelings...:D

navdeepbudhwar
July 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Yaar samajhdaar ko ishara kaafi hota hai. Nigahein aur ishara aap pe hi tha. Par saaf saaf chahiye to yeh lo

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27839

No hard feelings...:D

ohh.........wo to time pass tha...

brahmtewatia
July 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
overall good site nd gives a reasonably good impression to a new visitor (JAT/non-JAT irrespective)... thts my opinion. i'll give extra points as far as JAT history nd information about JAT's is concerned. this is despite of the fact that few instances/happenings in the history may/may not be true, over exaggerated or may be even far from reality... but overall an excellent efforts put in by wiki editors... hats off to all of them, as i learned a lot frm here.

i became active on JL after 2 years of joining nd my initial experience wasn't a good one, however when the fuss subsided the going was smooth nd i enjoyed/ing my stay.

JL is a very good mixture of sensible, cultured, matured, educated, competent (... ahahaha), some good samaritans nd few intellectuals... having said tht, i somehow feel tht JL is mostly infested with mollads who dominate the show more often then not. a lot of improvement is needed in the quality of forums nd the issues we discuss... but again tht is far frm possible, wch i've learnt over a period of time. cos some good members are not always active, some have left the site nd some feel tht there is no point discussing/re-discussing the issue(s) which might have been discussed at length earlier.

few more observations:
1. the attitude of mods is biased often times... my observation, but again thts individual perspective(s) nd has maximum chances of human error. this has caused many good members to leave the site, for various reasons... self-ego being the most predominant reason. i wish the selection of mods shud be more democratic (or at least for few mods).
2. overall a very good nd disciplined site... for discipline, i'll give few extra points.
3. not to forget... its a great feeling to learn tht it is a JAT site... successful nd a happening place.

anilsinghd
July 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM
First impression was decent , I generally try to be less excited , excitement is counterproductive ( an intellectual told me that ;) Brahm might remember :D ).

The excitement and the enthuthiasm level has not gone down for me , just that at times I am too vella to get my activity level to high 90's and at times there are weeks where I even cannot log on.

Virtual world ( as I would like to call it , and by that I am not at all trying to give this or similar places less importance :) ) is like a university to me , people come , people go ( graduate so to say !). Some get busy in their lives , you can make great relations , and concretize them ( as I have done quite a bit ).

All in all I was and am very satisfied by the quality of posts , forums , people over here.

There are some really great thinkers / intellectuals , some poor fellas ( thats my personal opinion and nothing absolute you know!!) as well.
It averages out in the end and am happy to t ake shelter of my law of averages! :)

Brahm talked about mods being biased , not to spark off any debate , having been at this job at some other place , can say with experience that its a touh job , you cannot be absolute unbiased , and / or absolute democratic. :)

They are human after all!

LEt me take teh opportunity to thank all who have influenced me in any way on the site , I personally have learnt a lot ( if i say I have been "prakashit " ;) , that might give people a biased feeling :p :d ) !

:)

rakeshsehrawat
July 11th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Meine 7 april 2006 ko join kiya. Ek purane dost Hain humare Vikas Sindhu wo yahan ke chutkule copy kar kar ke logo ke orkut profile mein dalte the. Mein tarref likh deta tha ek doosre dost the humare Vivek Pannu jinhone hume bataya ki ye jatland.com se copy paste marte hain. Humare man mein zigyasha jaagi ki ye jatland akhir hai kya. to hum bhi pahunch gaye naha dho ke. Yahan ki sab galiyo ki gedi maari aur humare man ko siraf yahan ka HUMOR:) section bhaya. Aur yahan par kuch samay bitane ke baad humne jana ki mera aadha college jatland pe pada hai. If you start counting then more then 10% population is of my college active inactive or banned.;)(Dosto galat to nahi keh raha). Yahan bahut saare naye dost bhi mile. some are still good friends (Friends Without faces). Best Person i found here is Naveen Sir . Fir meine yahan ke panne kaale karne suru kar diye aur pehla joke chapa.
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13802
uske baad aaj ek hazar se jyada postcount(1011) kar chuka hoon aur har post ke saath khud ko improve karne ki koshis karta ja raha hoon.
Mera jyadatar samay mein chaupal mein gujarta hoon jahan mujhe kayee bahut hi aache dost mile hain jinhe aaj tak dekha nahi par jo hath badhane bhar ki doori pe hain. As Mr. Anil had said this is virtual world i add with real people. Sometimes i feel that togeather we can change things we can make difference to society why only to jats? Mera man-na hai ki jat humesha hi dene wala raha hai chahe wo anaj ho ya apna khoon. To aaj kyon nahi? First impression se jyada matter karta hai wo impression jo logo ke mind pe aapka naam aate hi aata hai. pichle kuch mahine se jatland ke naam pe ek hi impression aa raha tha politics. Kehte hain rang badalna girgit ka kaam hai par yahan dekhe to har mausam mein har koi rang badalta hai.
Yu ke likh diya mere samajh mein e koni aanda mitane ka man nahi kar raha jiske samajh aa jaye mujhe bhi samjha dena.:rock:rock

sidchhikara
July 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Forget about first impression ...as of late, quality of discussions on Jatland has really gone down. The main reason for this has been senseless moderation. Posts are deleted without being provocative or out of context.
Whats left after all those deletions is people calling each other bhaisaab this and bhaisaab that and talking about intensely boring stuff.
Most discussions are like uncles disussing property rates and other nonsensical stuff. They should start calling it uncleland.com or bhaisaanland.com or behenjiland.com.
They should raise the minimum age for this site to 65 years. Booooring !!

poonam
July 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Forget about first impression ...as of late, quality of discussions on Jatland has really gone down. The main reason for this has been senseless moderation. Posts are deleted without being provocative or out of context.
Whats left after all those deletions is people calling each other bhaisaab this and bhaisaab that and talking about intensely boring stuff.
Most discussions are like uncles disussing property rates and other nonsensical stuff. They should start calling it uncleland.com or bhaisaanland.com or behenjiland.com.

Hahahhaha..you go man..you rock..right on.....

yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn...big time...:D

rajivsp
July 11th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Discussions I found here only Arguments!!!!!!
Rarely people see Idea behind the thread but the people - agar Tune Ek ungli uthai to samne waale ne do unglian utha ke bola - Tu meri ek aakh phodega mein teri dono kind of arguments.
But I can't say its boring I laugh a lot while on JL.

Anyways what is there 65 in US is 40 here, very soon I will be the qualified member of JL.

SANDEEP5
July 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
The 1st impression as a JAT is wonderful. suppose you search JAT or JAT history on google baba and you get to know about a site JATLAND. Then that feeling have no worlds to say. Man become speechless to know that we have a website on internet. On the very 1st day on 22nd August 2008, when i got to know about JATLAND. Immediately i became member of this site. I found it very interesting, knowledgeable etc........ site for all JATS around the world. Here i found some good friends lekin personally kewal 2-4 se hi mila hoon.

Overall JATLAND is a very good website for all JATS.

:):):):):)

cooljat
July 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Same feelings here, totally in sync with Brahm Bhai here. :)

I'm here since 2002 and don't remember how I landed here, prolly thro' search engine or so. Since then hardly any day passes when I don't log in here. Indeed its one happening and alive forum that gives feeling of online Village.Found many wonderful frens here and learned a lot about fellow Jats in Haryana n UP also about Jat history and there is always something to learn from Senior n Respected members.

But as Brahm stated, quality of posts hv gone down significantly lately, reason being a lot of time pass stuff/cheap humors/leg pulling posts by insensitive mollad types and Biased nature of Mods, who instead of taming them, encourage them !

All in All, its a wonderful forum full of life and it feels great to interact with fellow Jats from around the globe although improvement in quality of posts is necessary.

Rock on
Jit

overall good site nd gives a reasonably good impression to a new visitor (JAT/non-JAT irrespective)... thts my opinion. i'll give extra points as far as JAT history nd information about JAT's is concerned. this is despite of the fact that few instances/happenings in the history may/may not be true, over exaggerated or may be even far from reality... but overall an excellent efforts put in by wiki editors... hats off to all of them, as i learned a lot frm here.

JL is a very good mixture of sensible, cultured, matured, educated, competent (... ahahaha), some good samaritans nd few intellectuals... having said tht, i somehow feel tht JL is mostly infested with mollads who dominate the show more often then not. a lot of improvement is needed in the quality of forums nd the issues we discuss... but again tht is far frm possible, wch i've learnt over a period of time. cos some good members are not always active, some have left the site nd some feel tht there is no point discussing/re-discussing the issue(s) which might have been discussed at length earlier.

few more observations:
1. the attitude of mods is biased often times... my observation, but again thts individual perspective(s) nd has maximum chances of human error. this has caused many good members to leave the site, for various reasons... self-ego being the most predominant reason. i wish the selection of mods shud be more democratic (or at least for few mods).
2. overall a very good nd disciplined site... for discipline, i'll give few extra points.
3. not to forget... its a great feeling to learn tht it is a JAT site... successful nd a happening place.

jakharanil
July 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
When i search it, in Oct.04 really i was very glad, i tell my all friends JAT or non Jat. when i see that time 400 jat gotra now it is more the 2000, that time in chat 1 or 2 members now 6 \ 7 membars always here, Every day JL is growing, i feel proud. i m at JL. i think it is a world's no 1 social site.

Thanks & Rgds

Anil Jakhar]
jakhar.anilk@gmail.com

cooljat
July 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM
:D :D :D ... Lol !!

there is also another important category of romeos and prem pujaris who encouraged by shows such as mtv roadies and splitsvilla, repeatedly keep sending their baudy proposals of love and fransip to stuck up girls. These girls then turn around and complain publicly to the moderator .. As if the modertor is their papa.

gaganjat
July 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
WHooohahahahahwhoohahahah whoowoowowhahahahah

CONCERNED PARTIES PLEASE NOTE :eek:

Jat meetings bhi serious issues,, 'samaj ke bhale' ke liye hoti hai aur Jatland pe discussion bhi samaj ko upar uthane ke liye :tamatar kasoota kaam sai

Board ke examma ki dhaal kitab tai bahar ki baat katti nahi , prashan usi pe pucha jayega jo kitab me hoga ar uttar bhi vohi hona chayie jo kitab mai underline kar rakhya sai.

There are also some idiots here. Examples include people who want to beat their wives, kill couples who married in the same village, obsessive political supporters, fake protectors of religion (gai hamari mata hai types), jaadu tona - mystery - illusion fans, generally judgemental uncle-type attitude wallas.

There is also another important category of romeos and prem pujaris who encouraged by shows such as MTV Roadies and Splitsvilla, repeatedly keep sending their baudy proposals of love and fransip to stuck up girls. These girls then turn around and complain publicly to the moderator .. as if the modertor is their papa.

Nishantrathi82
July 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
First impression is really good of the site and as we all know improvement is the on going process needs every where and JL is not an exception.
As we all are Jats so most of us are agressive by nature which usually turns in hot conflicts but that is obvious this is must to run a healthy site;).
We can improve on the quality of discussion.
Although Mods are doing great but still enough scope to improve and get more strict and transparent.

navdeepbudhwar
July 17th, 2009, 09:29 AM
features in JL are less as comparing to other social networking sites...........(facebook,orkut)
we need a flash chat option ,,,and a testimonial option.....and other such options which can improve the standards......

and also JL need to be advertised.....