PDA

View Full Version : Mathematics of life

rkumar
July 11th, 2009, 02:27 AM
People have looked at life in many ways. I suppose one can look at life like a Mathematical problem also. Problems in life are;

1. Certainly not the linear equations.
2. Not even quadratic equations.
3. They are polynomials of varying degree.
4. Solving these polynomials leads to multiple solutions.
5. Solutions at best are approximate and not exact.
6. Each solution leads of a different trajectory.
7. Each trajectory requires special vehicle.
8. One has to chose a trajectory for which one has an appropriate vehicle.

RK^2

poonam
July 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Phewwwwwwwww..................

no offence...:D

rakeshsehrawat
July 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM
People have looked at life in many ways. I suppose one can look at life like a Mathematical problem also. Problems in life are;

RK^2
Seems very difficult but you can solve it with different permutations and combinations.
Kayee baar suppli bhi aa jaya kare :rock:rock:rocknakal maar ke bhi baat ban sakti hai

VJ
July 11th, 2009, 12:02 PM
math :confused:

meri bhi quote likh loo......

life me kitni e upar pahuch jaooo.....jis din musibat ki 0 aake lag gayi us din aadmi bhi 0 e ho jyaga.....arr is 0 teh bachan tai...aaapne gaila + rakhooo....jib ya 0 aapne guna karan aawegi...teh u + kaam awega......:D

VJ + Math = :confused:..........

rajivsp
July 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM

RK^2

Is it Physics or Mathematics?????
really confused

cooljat
July 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Uncleji,

'Life is not like mathematic where 4+4 is always 8, it can be 2 or 20 ... it doesn't run on formulas!'

Rest any fellow mathematicians shed some light here, Plz !

akshaymalik84
July 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Life can somehow resemble mathematics.

Happyness and sadness in life can be considered as +ve and -Ve respectively. Love can be duplicate of numbers without them life/Math is nothing.Hate can be like complex numbers with iota, nobody want them in life.

Permutation and combination can solve various problems of life if you know the constraints. Probability can be used for programming your future. Vectors can show a particular direction in achieving one's goal.Formulae and progression can provide shortcuts. Deviations can be helpfull in maintaining Principles of life.

"Zero can be considered as death because on the large enough time line, the survival rate for every one is Zero"

aryasatyadev
July 11th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Jat and Mathematics === :mad: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

mastchhora
July 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
kyo uljhan lag rahe ho bhai saare milke

aapko to pata hai na sab ko

16X2=? (JAAT) wo aape hi hai

singhabhimanyu
July 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
hi hi hi .... Uncle ji aapne to apne naam me bi 'square' laga diya. Umar aapki 16 lagti hai... naam me likha aapne 2 and yes.. point likhe aapne 8 .... ya te waahe baat hogi...

16 * 2 = 8 .... or sahi baat bi hai.. Jat ka math nyu hey chaalya kare...

Note- No offense

RK^2

mhundpuriamann
July 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=rkumar;216568]People have looked at life in many ways. I suppose one can look at life like a Mathematical problem also. Problems in life are;

common man's life is exactly as u have mentioned sir !

but i have read (little experience :p )a different theory , all these problems are there because we live like machines we take all the decesions in life unconciously because we don't know what the conciousness is , all things are just happening.

if we try to take a single step conciously then all these "theories" will be dropped automatically .

conciousness is living life moment to moment not in future neither in past. but belive me it's very difficult and thrilling. :o

anilsinghd
July 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I suppose one can look at life like a Mathematical problem also. Problems in life are;

Sure , it is nice to look at life from a mathematical point of view!

Guess we must call the below as characteristics than problems.! :)

Agree!

How about the normal curve ? exp ( -x ^ 2 ) ? That is my favourite so to say and the back support is my favo law of averages.
Wait , I did not say that Fat tails don't exist , normal framework does incorporate the tails / fat tails , it is just that we are not accustomed to think that way while being in the normal framework..

RK^2

If i add the financial flavor to the model of life , I think ( if not anyone else , Kapil would apprecaite it probably ) life is like an inherited portfolio , inherited because the age where you can control all the strings of life , you already have lived a bit , so there are some legacy issues to start with.
The ideal should be to covert this portfolio into something you yourself are comfortable with , rather than trying to bandage all legacy issues only and trying to carry on irrespective.

Guess life is an relative value strategy than an absolute one , so I would rathe go for an forced sell ( read it as decisions that look very difficult when they ar e talked about and implemented ) than to keep taking small losses for long.

Simplification and Diversification are two portfolio management themes that can be directly inherited into the framework of life. :)

poonam
July 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Well on a serious note, mathematics to pata nahin but my winner is Nida Fazli when he says:

"Duniya jise kahate hain jaadu ka khilona hai
Mil jaaye to mitti hai kho jaaye to sona hai"

gaganjat
July 16th, 2009, 10:15 PM
[B]jinka sona khu rya sai ohe likke sai isse isse sher :D[ taane kyo yaad kar liya ?/B]

Well on a serious note, mathematics to pata nahin but my winner is Nida Fazli when he says:

"Duniya jise kahate hain jaadu ka khilona hai
Mil jaaye to mitti hai kho jaaye to sona hai"

poonam
July 16th, 2009, 10:18 PM
[B]jinka sona khu rya sai ohe likke sai isse isse sher :D[ taane kyo yaad kar liya ?/B]

Hhehehe Datt jyaa ....:D

anilsinghd
August 21st, 2009, 04:11 AM
If i add the financial flavor to the model of life , I think ( if not anyone else , Kapil would apprecaite it probably ) life is like an inherited portfolio , inherited because the age where you can control all the strings of life , you already have lived a bit , so there are some legacy issues to start with.
The ideal should be to covert this portfolio into something you yourself are comfortable with , rather than trying to bandage all legacy issues only and trying to carry on irrespective.

Guess life is an relative value strategy than an absolute one , so I would rathe go for an forced sell ( read it as decisions that look very difficult when they ar e talked about and implemented ) than to keep taking small losses for long.

Simplification and Diversification are two portfolio management themes that can be directly inherited into the framework of life. :)

Kapil , did you miss this one ?

thanks,
anil

kapdal
August 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Kapil , did you miss this one ?

thanks,
anil

I saw it, but didn't have two cents to add to it...:)

prashantacmet
August 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM
hi hi hi .... Uncle ji aapne to apne naam me bi 'square' laga diya. Umar aapki 16 lagti hai... naam me likha aapne 2 and yes.. point likhe aapne 8 .... ya te waahe baat hogi...

16 * 2 = 8 .... or sahi baat bi hai.. Jat ka math nyu hey chaalya kare...

Note- No offense

Aachhaaa reeee bhaiiii!!!...jib uncle ji ki umar 16 sai ...to tu to katai tokree taallee daabban jogaa hogyaa.............;)

anilsangwan
August 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Aachhaaa reeee bhaiiii!!!...jib uncle ji ki umar 16 sai ...to tu to katai tokree taallee daabban jogaa hogyaa.............;)

यो मारा टांग तले...... पर मारा कई दिन में......tokree taallee daabban jogaa ha ha ha ha ha h ah ha ha ha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. :rock

mukeshkumar007
August 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
ho kya reha hai yeha..

anilsinghd
August 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM

ha ha ha ha

singhabhimanyu
August 21st, 2009, 06:27 PM
hmmmmm...........

BadgujarSampat
August 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
WORLD IS A LABORATORY !

Here anything can happen .....so don't expect that always good things will happen !

Jahaan ne DIMAG se pedal ko raja bante dekha hain....
Sachhe ko lut te dekha hai...

Have you thought why nature (/ good forces) has not interrupted when any innocent girl is being raped.. ??

Aaj kal to nahin bimari nikli hain sifarashi tattoo-vo ki!!
Can get any designation / koi bhi oudha / koi bhi takht....bus ban jao chaploos!

---------
Recently heard

Safal hone ke liye koi vishesh kaam karne ki zarurat nahin hai , aap jo bhi kaam kar rahein hain ...use poori shrest.ta se kijiye.

anilsangwan
August 21st, 2009, 09:43 PM
Beraa na bhai.... !!

ho kya reha hai yeha..

sagarmalik
August 21st, 2009, 09:51 PM

ke dialogue maar gaya chore ....
is bhai ne te dharti mein gaad diya tanne :D:rock