PDA

View Full Version : Problem with USB drive in Vista

aryasatyadev
July 29th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I have Toshiba Sattelite and after updating Vista, it is not recognising the USB port.
Any help or link, please forward to
arya_sd@yahoo.com

yudhvirmor
July 29th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I have Toshiba Sattelite and after updating Vista, it is not recognising the USB port.
arya_sd@yahoo.com

My Computer>>Right click>>Properties>>Hardware>>Device Manager>>Remove all USB Controlers>>Restart the machine>>It will be fine..

aryasatyadev
July 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Not working, the computer says the device can't be identified and if i have a CD i should insert the same.
When cheked the system says there is no driver installed.:confused:

yudhvirmor
July 31st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Not working, the computer says the device can't be identified and if i have a CD i should insert the same.
When cheked the system says there is no driver installed.:confused:

Arya sir ji if its a branded laptop/desktop.. go to the company's website. Go to Driver's download>>Search for your device drivers>>Go for BIOS update>>Make sure you system is connected with Power that time>>System will restart>> Update Intel Chip Utility drivers>> If that doesn't work>>call support if its still in warranty>>Otherwise catch me online and we'll do net meeting to resolve it :)

mann123
July 31st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Arya jee

Just install the service pack for Vista from microsoft site and restart it will work. OS is missing lot of driver ...the reason of making vista unpopular.

prashantacmet
July 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
arya_sd@yahoo.com

Hmmm...seems a problem, HCD is missing in your machine driver pack. Justr do one thing, use Ellisys to make sure any transfer is going on between host controller an dyour USB device...Send me the ellisys log. I will verify and file a bug report for Microsoft!!

Thanks!!